TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Raphael See Profile

• Location: Saint-Lambert,QC
Bad "I do not recommend Teksavvy at all"
Overall "Alot of problems from the first day"

I ordered 15 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up with Teksavvy. They sent me a Bell technician after 9 days of payment in the morning. The technician worked for more than 3 hours and then he left my flat without internet service to be worked on Teksavvy modem (His Bell modem was working perfectly). when I called Teksavvy they told me please wait for the activation of your service and it will take 24 hours. So, that is the first complain because they told me before signing with them that the service will work with me when the technician comes.

At night, the service worked but with speed of 15 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up. So, this is the second complain. I paid for 10 Mbps Up not for 1 Mbps Up. I made alot of calls with them to solve the problem with no solution.

The next day, the service disconnected. So, this is the third complain with alot of calls.

Now the actual speed is 7 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up for now (of course I made all the tests without making any other activity over the internet). So, this is the fourth complain.

I tested the speed for several times on several sites and I attached it. I really want to refund my money but they said "no we can not refund your money"!!!!

I do not recommend Teksavvy at all.

Comments:

oceros

join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON
·Rogers Hi-Speed

2 edits

good ol' ma bell

Pretty bad experience you had.

It's worth noting that from what you describe, Bell screwed up your installation. They set the modem speed - and should have set you to the 15/10 that was ordered. If you got the modem from teksavvy, the modem would be pre-set up to make things easy for you. Buuut it was also pre-set assuming the install would be done properly. So that means the modem was not going to get you online.

That is something the technician should have noticed at the time of install, and also fixed immediately with a phone call. Since the install tech did not do that, a repair ticket would be needed to get bell to fix the mistake.

The complaints you have are very understandable. It's just worth knowing a bit of what is happening behind the curtain. If teksavvy asked bell for the right speed, then you got left high and dry by that bell tech.

·TekSavvy DSL

Everything is going bad with both of them

I made alot of calls with Teksavvy and Bell. Both of them told me we can not give you more than 1 Mbps Up!!!
Before signing up Teksavvy said to me it will not be 10 Mbps but 8.8 Mbps!!!
WOW Teksavvy was very accurate to mention the 0.8!!!
Everything is going bad with both of them...
Also the service is always very slow.
Here is my speedtest for the moment: (There is no downloading or any other internet activity while testing the speed + I tried alot of testing servers with the same slow speed)

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for your review! That's not at all the kind of experience we want you to have and I truly apologize for you not getting the plan you wanted and signed up for, as well as all the issues you had with the installation and the disconnection the next day. I really would like to look into what's going on with your account and see what we can do to make things right. Could you please shoot us a message over in the »TekSavvy Direct forum?

Thanks!

·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Review

and what is the difference between "TekSavvy Direct forum" and Teksavvy customer support?
Another way of wasting time?
I WANT TO REFUND MY MONEY YOU HAVE NO SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM AND HERE IS A NEW SPEED TEST

Hi Raphael,

I assure you we don't want to waste your time, quite the opposite. Another set of eyes on a problem never hurts, and a fresh perspective might be able to help you get this fixed one way or another.

Thanks,

Re: Review

OK I posted my problem @ »TekSavvy Direct forum.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
The direct forum is only visible to us rather than the public so it's a place where we can get your account info in private to investigate/action

Re: Review

you can see the post now!

join:2014-07-07
Waiting for the solution...

TSI Jon
join:2011-08-24
canada

Hi Raphael,

I have moved the ticket you've opened via help.teksavvy.com to our online account management team. To avoid confusion and too many interactions over various channels, they will be communicating with you via the one ticket on help.teksavvy.com only. I am also having the online account manager call you to discuss things further.

TSI Jon
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

TSI John
join:2014-03-14
Hello Raphael,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. I apologize for all of the frustration here and am sorry to lose you as a customer. I am glad though that we were able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.

John
Online Services Account Management

Mr. John
thank you for helping me refunding my money...

TSI John
join:2014-03-14

Raphael,
You are very welcome.

John
Online Services Account Manager

Review by rodjames See Profile

• Location: Gloucester,ON
Good "Great setup, no contracts. Tech support was great. No dealing with Bell, and the last true unmetered ISP in Canada."
Bad "None."
Overall "Buy a decent DSL modem, call in, and you'll be online in a few days. No contracts."

·loclhost.ca
I'm really happy with Teksavvy. Their service has been phenomenal since the start. Thanks, and please keep the unmetered DSL going!

Update April 2012: Still Unmetered!

Update December 2012: Speeds have been very steady, and still unmetered!

Update August 2013: I've switched to ATPIA rCable, and I'll be providing a review once I burn it in. STILL Unmetered!

Update June 2014: No longer unmetered, but I am now using Zap the Cap to provide unlimited downloads for a small reduction in prime-time speeds.

Comments:

TSI JoeC
join:2013-07-29
Chatham, ON

Thank you for your Feedback!

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy that the DSL has done you justice over time!

Once the switch over to Cable takes place, let us know how it is and if there is anything you need, please let us know!

TSI Joe

Chatham, ON

updated review

Hello Rodjames

Thank you for the updated review. Happy to hear you are still enjoying the service and using our new feature Zap the Cap. This is great to see.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are happy to help.

Thank you again for updating us on your TekSavvy journey.

Review by oxymoron69 See Profile

• Location: Corbyville,ON
Good "Lots of gigs for cheap"
Bad "they are limited by lazy incumbent carriers"
Overall "Pretty damn good option"

·Kingston Online ..
I subscribe to Teksavvys' grandfathered 512k/512k DSL service (syncing at 1mbit/512k) with a 300GB cap & ipv6. *edit* It's now 2mbit/800k with 300gb & ipv6

the accounting department is great (never had a billing error, always quick to get referrals added to my account).

*edit* Moving is a trying affair:
given many weeks notice of moving, I've had to devote at least 2 hours/week for the past 3 weeks trying to get my service up at my new house.
At 2 days to move in, I'm not at all confident that they'll get this problem fixed in time.
setting up the move order shouldn't take hours of my time to stay on the phone trying to walk a csr through the steps required to help me.

*edit*
it took almost a month after move in(and almost 2 months from the original order) to get 2meg dsl service, while waiting i was limited to 640/512k.

sales phone support is frustrating to be nice about it. My time was wasted by these ladies. Tons of time on hold 'checking with my supervisor'...

James in the direct forum was my saviour, i was close to bailing out altogether and would've cancelled if not for him and a couple of the more useful forum techs.

I hope i never have to move teksavvy service ever again, it's retardedly hard.

*edit*
A few months after my profile increase, it dropped again after I bundled it with another 2meg line from Bell. My bundle useless, I now just use my TSI login on my cheaper, faster Bell line.

*edit*
After awhile my line lost sync, they fixe it and it runs at 2mbit, my bell line is now cooked.
Tsi also knocked the price down 15/month.

*edit*
Years after signing up, TSI begins charging for overage, the eliminated my 512k/300gig plan and created 2meg/25gigs. After some positive back and forth it was upped to 2meg/300gigs

member for 9.8 years, 1559 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Oxymoron69,

Thank you for this review. I’m sorry to read there were some mishaps with your move order and tech support when calling them for troubleshooting; however I am very happy to read that James in the Direct Forum was able to assist you with fixing your connection.

Are you currently having an issue with your connection? Or is everything working as it should? If you are having an issue or if you have any questions please feel free to message us directly in the Direct Forum. We are happy to assist you.

Thanks again for this review.
TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Chatham, ON

updated review

Hello Oxymoron69

Thank you very much for the updated review. I am happy you are enjoying the service still and that you were able to obtain upgraded speeds and were put back on your 300 gb of bandwidth.

Thank you for the review update. If you have any further questions TekSavvy can be reached directly in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thanks again,

Review by i_pk_pjers_i See Profile

• Location: Whitby,ON
Good "Fantastic support, 100% reliable connection, good speeds, Zap The Cap"
Bad "N/A"
Overall "One of the best TPIAs out there and in my opinion the best ISP in Ontario if not all of Canada"

On April 28th, I placed an order for Teksavvy DSL 50/10 internet with the SmartRG SR505n since I was previously a Rogers customer but I was sick of the local node congestion that I had become used to with Rogers (as many people complain about, and rightfully so) and didn't want to deal with it anymore. The install happened on May 2nd and went through without a hitch. The Bell tech that did my install was very savvy, very nice, very thorough and did a good job. Since I have gotten my connection installed, I have not had a single second of downtime, or any disconnects, or any other issues like these. Every question/concern I have had was answered within 15 minutes by Teksavvy which is quite frankly amazing. My connection speed has been rock solid 50 down 10 up the entire time and I have no complains whatsoever. Zap The Cap providing free unlimited in exchange for lowering down speed to 15 for 4 hours a day (8PM to midnight) is a great deal for both the ISP and its customers.

I cannot say enough good things about this company and about how happy I am with my internet connection.

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your review

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here. We always love feedback from our customers. I'm also glad you enjoy Zap The Cap, it's a fairly new thing here and as such it's great to hear it is well received!

Should you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

And hey, Welcome to the family!!

Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Review by Probitas See Profile

• Location: Chatham,ON
Good "Cheaper than Bell. Better CSR. No contracts."
Bad "If Bell has issues, I have issues."
Overall "Only way they could be better was if they owned the lines themselves."

Had Bell before, but was tired of their crappy CS. Switched it to Unlimited with Teksavvy but wasn't going over the 300GB cap so lowered it. Teksavvy offers users Unlimited for 6 hours a day between 2AM and 8AM anyway, so works for when I am night-owling. And if I do go over, I don't get charged hundreds, the limit is $50. And I can always go back to Unlimited, which is cheaper than paying $50 more. Order and install was a snap, just had to wait for our ordered Teksavvy Phone port from Bell to get switched over, then activated the 6 service remotely, no tech involved at all for either service. I was able to purchase my own modem and not rent, and it's always been sold from Teksavvy because they'll support it. Speedtouch 516, but when that broke after years of service, bought a Zyxel 660 as that's the new one being sold. The only times my service has stopped is when Bell is doing maintenance, and when the modem broke.

All in all a good service provider. Much better than Bell.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Probitas,

Thank you for the review. I am very happy to hear that you have been enjoying your service. It’s great to see the installation was a breeze and you have had minimal issues with the service. This is great!
Thank you for sharing your TekSavvy journey with us, if you have any further questions we can be reached directly in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thanks again

Review by j_a_t_h See Profile

• Location: Calgary,AB
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Fast speed, no download limites"
Bad "Had to deal with Telus"
Overall "Faster, better price, no limits"

·TELUS
Good:Easy to order, the equipment showed in 4 business days. Getting close to full speed. No Limits.

Bad: have to pay the setup fee for Telus. All Telus did was input the modem number into a hand held device. Did not need to show up to do that, it was not $95 dollars worth of install.

Internet has been down a few times but never for more then a hour. Do not know if it is Telus or Teksavvy issue. I get 24.7/1.7 out of a 25/2 line, very happy about that. I billing is good and I have not had to contact support in a year.

Comments:

TSI Support1
TSI Support
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

Review of TekSavvy DSL (DSL)

Hey j_a_t_h,

Thanks for the review! Always happy to get positive feedback.

In regards to the activation, unfortunately we have no way to know what work needs to be completed without a tech coming out. Thankfully it was a quick appointment though!

If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to post in the direct forum!

Jon

Review by corkz See Profile

• Location: St Catharines,ON
Good "Price, Options, Great customer service"
Bad "None for me"
Overall "Best bang for buck for me for 25/10 service with static IP dryloop and free unlimited with zap the cap option"

·Start Communicat..
June 6 2014

Back with Teksavvy after close to a two year hiatus with Start Communications. The switch back is in no way a reflection of poor service on Start's part, they were great, but finally having the option to get on VDSL and get a static IP again led me back as I have always had an excellent experience with Teksavvy.

$48.99 for dry loop 25/10 service with static IP is considerably cheaper than what I used to pay Teksavvy for two bonded 5meg lines. It's nice to have superior service for a cheaper price. I'm on a 7330 remote and have attainable rates of 100/30. I couldn't have much more of a stable line. Everything has been great, install was smooth, and most surprising of all, the Bell tech that did the install was really pleasant and even followed up to make sure everything was good and that I was happy. Kudos to a Bell guy (can't believe I'm saying that).

Overall very happy to be back with Tek, and I hope Marc lives up to the reputation of excellence that his brother started, but from dealing with a few reps so far, I'm guessing he is. Would also like to add that zap the cap is a great idea, although not a fan of the name. Not sure if I'll need to take advantage of it, but glad that such an offering exists. I'd like to see something a little less static as an option for zap the cap as well, I hope they look into refining it in the future. Perhaps something like dedicating a block of bandwidth pooled to all zap the cap users and rate limiting based on how many people are currently active. Currently peak billing could not be affected if speeds for individual users were allowed to increase and artificially rate limiting some doesn't help anyone. I'd like to see it only come in to action when it would negatively impact Teksavvy's bottom line but a good start none the less.

Entering year 3, service and customer support are still great. UBB being past by the CRTC, who are clearly in Bell's pocket sucks, but that's the negative side of a wholesaler. TPIA access to cable networks provides new options, and the outcome of crtc decisions still under process will decide the future of this indy. Looking forward to cable access on cogeco network as an alternative in the future. Cable access promises the advantage of not having to pay dry loop fees for those of us who don't have traditional POTS service.

Big drawback at the moment is the lack of static IP's with the current cable offerings. Canada is quickly moving into the stone age and becoming irrelevant in the internet and communications scene, but Teksavvy still offers the best overall value and customer service in the Industry. Even if they end up costing slightly more for slightly less as a result of corruption in the CRTC and other political bodies, I feel confident putting my money towards a company who is employing Canadians.

Lastly, the transparency the company operates with needs to be mentioned. It is simply wonderful to deal with a company who actually tells you what is going on with the company. If an outage happens, I appreciate being told why, and what's being done to prevent this in the future. It is also nice to know that even though Teksavvy is now becoming a big company, if I send off an emal or a PM to the owner and CEO of the company it is usually responded to in person the same. I don't see myself switching to another company anytime in the near future, Teksavvy has earned my loyalty and respect and I will continue recommending them to family, friend and clients. Their commercials need some work though.

Been with TSI for over 2 years now.

My costs are higher than most, I have two Premium lines, one dry loop, static IP and /29 subnet. Considering all that is in the $84 it's a steal. No other ISP offers this kind of service. Customer Service has always been there within minutes when I've called, and my issues have been answered by English speaking representatives who are Canadian citizens employed in Canada. A big point for me. I wish there was some way to rate their Tech Support higher than 5 to stress how awesome it is, especially for the technically inclined internet user. It's a pleasure speaking to people who know what your talking about and not reading off a sheet saying "have you tried restarting your computer have you tried restarting your modem" etc. I wish Bell wasn't evil and the CRTC didn't have their heads up their asses and Bell's so that this fine example of a Canadian company could continue to move forward as the example of what a Canadian ISP should be.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

Hello corkz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the positive feedback and are glad to have you back in the family! If you ever have any questions or concerns, we’re always here for you.

Please keep in mind ZtC is currently in Beta. I don’t believe there are any plans to change the way it functions, but who knows what the future may bring! As for static IPs on Cable, I know a lot of people would like to see this as an option. We are constantly working on improving things with our vendor though so maybe one day.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by deafmonkey See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "High Capacity, Average Speeds, Good Value, UseNet, Static IP on DSL"
Bad "Occasional support issues"
Overall "UseNet, Good Static IP rates, Stability when it works."

·Start Communicat..
I was on the 6/0.8 Plan from 2009-2012, Static IP, DNS reverse.
The first 3 years I had zero need to contact support. However my buildings intercom system really destroyed anyone using DSL in my building. I May rework a setup to Get
Teksavvy back on DSL for redundancy in the future alongside with start cable.
I still would still recommend them for DSL if supported in the area. - Beware of intercoms! As it could cause misunderstandings.

And the speed was superb at first, Things got slower as things progressed. Though
I am not a current Teksavvy customer, I wanted to say thanks for the service during
the years when it was fun, having a bad intercom unit/wiring in the building that interferes with the DSL signal is so not fun!

The order and install process at the time, was 10-15 Days If I recall, however it was around the christmas holidays, so it's to be expected for a delay. - My Teksavvy Consultant had me up and going with the equipment he had going and was great for replacement modems when needed, as my DSL modems were dying pretty quick at the time, I was testing many modems at the time, however my dedicated modem for teksavvy was GNET GBB0060. Before that was a speedtouch, and 2wire DSL modems.
I forget the model #'s of the latter two.

It was convenient for testing various DSL modems without needing to call in.

As for the support issues, Long wait times, Was a problem with my hearing impairment as not everyone would wait to get ahold of them for me. So support sometimes took a period of time to get an immediate fix, E-mail also takes time as well.

However if I had known about TekSavvy on this forum sooner, I may have been able to get my issue fixed.

However if you get to be the lucky customer with stable Teksavvy internet, and never needing to call support, then Teksavvy is the right choice. When it works, it works.
When needing support, There may be long wait times. And long E-mail times.
However I would not mind those long wait times and e-mail times, If it was a once or twice a year thing. Instead of daily for about 6 months. - They likely would not have
found the problem over the phone anyways. As it was the buildings intercom unit/wiring
I do not blame TekSavvy entirely for the Intercom DSL Woes I had. - People calling on the intercom knocked out everyones DSL light, it didn't matter which unit they were calling, and other weird things happened with that old intercom, they replaced it with another one, Which I still do not trust. I'm waiting for current DSL users in the building, to stop complaining about the intercom, before I try and get Teksavvy back again.
On DSL. Ditto for the intercom users in the building.

There are many users I saw on the forum saying Teksavvy is just too busy complaining about bell or rogers, but from my experience I don't recall from my support
calls where they were like oh it's bell, in fact I don't recall them blaming bell much
usually it was something like yeah they understood there's a network problem, but
did not outright blame bell. - They once said that bell may have moved me to a different
equipment, But did not outright say that due to bell moving my equipment they screwed
up, It was like bell moved me to a different line, and they may be working on it and such.

Update Apr 26 2014:

Since I have switched to Start cable I have not found a need to use Teksavvy as a backup due to the fact I have gotten 99.99% uptime in the past year with Start.

For DSL In the past Teksavvy 'worked' not as great as start cable it however did work. However I will still leave the rest of the review rating for Teksavvy as is on DSLr

Comments:

TSI Marty

Your review

Thank you for your review and taking your time to provide feedback. We appreciate the time you have taken to tell others about your experience and we hope that if you chose us in the future that the wiring shenanigans you had to face wont be a factor on the service such as it was with your previous DSL connection.

We are happy that you have found us on DSLR as we are very active in this forum and it is a nice easy way to receive assistance as well as ask general questions as the people involved on DSLR are very active and very knowledgeable and happy to lend a hand to a fellow TekSavvy subscriber when in need.

We thank you again,

Martin

Review by jaysona See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Not much anymore, aside from providng staitc IPs and ranges - sadly"
Bad "They're just like Bell - frustrations and all!"
Overall "They have a hold on me due to their being able to offer IPv6, /28 & /29 & static IPs"

Initial review: circa 2005

I originally ordered Internet service from VDN when I moved to Montreal since they offered faster speed than Videotron, a static IP, since I did not (still don't) have a land line, this was the only choice I knew of at the time. Since VDN was bought out by Bell Canada a while back, the service started to drop off, latency has increased, I stuck it out until I lost my static IP. No staic IP no ISP for me.

A co-worker suggested Teksavvy, he been with them for a couple of years. When I saw they offered dry dsl I called immediately. The people I spoke with were awesome, knowledgeable and spent all the time they needed to with me on the phone to get me what I wanted, told me about all their plans and services offered.

They even followed up three times, since I had ordered the DSL service but never used it for about a six weeks - I was waiting to get my router (Netopia 2247NWG also kicks ass) - I thought this was pretty cool on their part too.

So now I have my DSL, my staic IP, my /28 and in about a week or so I'll have my /24 routed as well!!

I finally have a setup almost as good as what I had with Megapath in SF, the only down side is no ISPs in Canada (that I am aware of) offer SDSL, I miss by 2048/2048 service *sigh*

Bottom line, Teksavvy rocks, these guys are the bomb! Keep up the great work, they have been so good, that two on my neighbors have ditched Videotron and Bell for Teksavvy too!

Misc: ADSL info:

SNR Margin: 24.50 9.00 dB

Line Attenuation: 10.50 8.00 dB

Output Power: 17.66 11.92 dB

Data Rate: 3008/Down 800/Up

Updated review 19-MAR-2014

So I started off with Teksavvy in 2005 and was extremely impressed with the knowledge of the people I spoke with at the time. Some context for this: I had recently moved from San Francisco to Montreal in 2003 and was accustomed to dealing with very tech savvy people in the Bay Area, so getting that same service in Canada - especially back in 2005 - was over the top for me.

Fast forward 10 years, I come home to my Internet service off, call the customer care line, I am told service has been cancelled, my /29 has already been grabbed by some internal TekSavvy team - essentially leaving me high, dry and dark. Of course this could not have happened at a worse time, I was supposed to leave for a tip to Asia today - since postponed for two days, another $5k and change out of my pocket. So, I have spend the next 4 hours re-configuring my firewalls and rules, updating DNS servers and all the associated files, just to get basic services back up and functional.

Root cause of this cluster eff? Good question, my suspicions are a combination of lack of knowledge/poor training, incompetence, negligence and just a general lack of caring about the customer - we're just a number now - seen no differently than how Bell, Telus, Rogers, Shaw, etc view their customers.

What lead to this? Well, that's pretty easy to see - and is what is really sad about this whole affair as well, as you'll see in the storyline below.

Since 2008 I had had two DSL circuits bonded together with MLPPP - first sign of trouble brewing is when the person I was talking to on the phone had no idea about MLPPP - and I was looking for faster upload speeds. Since 2008 FTTN has been deployed in my area and I am able to get some significantly faster rates, so why not? Added to the mix is that I have to places I live at, one in Montreal and one in Toronto, I decided to order the same service, so far so good, the person taking the order even stressed several times they were making notes not to cancel any of the current services until the new service was installed and up and running properly - meaning for a few days I would have double accounts - again no biggie to ensure a proper and smooth transition.

A couple of days later I get the notification that the new modems are being shipped via Canada Post - this is a problem, I have no gov't ID for my Montreal address - which is where the modems were being shipped. So, again pony up more cash - $225 - to have someone stay at my place to receive the modems. True to form - typical lazy assed gov't worker didn't even bother ringing the bell, just dropped the cards in the box.

So now I'm stuck, unable to pick up the packages, the people at the drugstore have given me and my friends a serious hassle in the past when trying to pick up packages that I have authorized them to pick up for me on my behalf.

So instead of enduring another fruitless battle with dumb assed Jean-Coutu clerks I decide to cancel the upgrade order, wait for another 3 weeks until I am settle back in Toronto and place a new order - easy breezy, right? I wish, I explained the situation to the customer service rep I spoke with, was told there should be no problem and that my current service will remain unaffected until I make my new order. I hang up, feeling fine, but a little bummed that I'll have to wait for another ~4 weeks for my faster service - but hey, what's another 4 weeks? Well, sadly my service didn't even stay up for another 4 days.

It's clear that several balls were dropped in the internal process, there appears to be very poor communication between teams, and no follow-up or customer engagement at all.

I find it very hard to believe that there is not one person within TekSavvy who would have wanted to know why someone who has been a customer for close to 10 years, has had accounts in multiple cities and spent up to $165/mo for service.

Seriously? No one was even the slightest bit curious? I guess that's what happens when the customer base reaches a level such that customers coming and going is not longer a business concern. Kudos to you TekSavvy - you've made into the shallow end of the big pool, but you're no longer worthy of the name you bear.

Update 25-APR-2014:

So, my situation is probably quite unique, services at different addresses in different provinces, multiple OIDs, multiple services on each OID seems to be source of a lot of the confusion. The red tape is still there, but once you know how to navigate the sea of red tape the process becomes less painful, but does take a few days of back and forth phone calls. Key things I have discovered is that knowing your OIDs is key to helping smooth the process.

If you're just looking for simple service, maybe a static IP and one address range like a /29 or /28, you should be fine, just make sure that you ask them to notify you for the install date confirmation. I did not get a confirmation for one of the three dates I had chosen as an install date and had to call Bell to confirm.

The saga of the upgrade to vdsl from adsl on MLPPP continues.........

member for 14.5 years, 126 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Calero27

join:2014-01-13

Line Stats

Looking at your SNR and Sync rate you should be able to get higher than 3mb

jaysona

join:2000-03-22
Toronto, ON

Re: Line Stats

This is a really old review, the data rate available in 2005 was 3mb, today it is closer to 6mb.

2 edits

Hello Jaysona,

Thank you for this updated review. This sounds like a terrible experience indeed and we would most certainly like to review your account to see what has happened. I have attempted to locate your account with your handle however you are not tagged in our systems. Can you please message us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct with your account information so we can investigate this further and see what has happened?

Tsi-ashleigh

jaysona

join:2000-03-22
Toronto, ON

Re: Review

possibly because you forgot the "y" in my name?

Attention to detail - very important - that's what help to separate those that succeed from those that fail. *sigh*

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23

Re: Review

I'm sure interested. I think you're dead wrong on caring. There's a ton of it. At 500 employees though, we have to get the right people on the job. Your review pisses me off. Full stop. Caring has nothing to do with this. I know what you're looking for, I was probably the one who configured your IP back in the day, and I know (surely you know also) that it's not possible to have that level of expertise for each and every employee at this size. We need to find a way to get you directly to a special team that you can talk turkey to. I have yet to find a way to do that, without creating a situation where everybody wants that special team... Feel free to PM me if you care to discuss this further. It's not as simple as it seems. I've been trying to find simple ways to deal with this for a few years now.

If you had an old IP, we have been trying to cycle them out for a long time. Nothing nefarious.

I will be sure to chase this down.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Hey there Jaysona!

Thanks for updating your review. While I am glad you are getting things sorted out the way you need them I'm still sorry to hear that you feel that there is too much red tape and complications. While your needs may not be the standard end user's, we still want to make sure that we provide excellent service to you. As Marc has previously mentioned this is somewhat complicated, but it's still something we're aiming for.

I am hoping that we'll be able to turn your opinion of us around to a far more positive one once more.

As for the installation date not being sent to you, that is a very odd thing. I'm glad it got resolved, but I do apologize for the miscommunication. I'm hoping that your upgrade to VDSL MLPPP goes well! Please do keep us up to date and don't hesitate to let us know if there's any questions you have or if you run into any complication.

Best regards,

Review by zacsaunders See Profile

• Location: Oshawa,ON
Good "Great support, Reliable connection, Zap the Cap!"
Bad "Price (Not as bad with Zap the Cap)"
Overall "Great alternative ISP especially with Zap the Cap!"

I moved into an apartment and my father moved up north to Kinmount. I ordered Teksavvy for both of us to try a new ISP. The install for my father went extremely well and he was up and running with full speeds in no time, I had a few issues during the install in my apartment but it was bell's fault not Teksavvys. They handled everything very quickly and the direct support forum is really great to have, all my questions and concerns and quickly answers and dealt with (usually within 15 minutes)

The speed for both of us has been perfect. 50/10 for me and 6/800 for my father. Never has it dropped in over a year for the 50/10 package and I have only had a few outages during the night that were back up in the morning.

All in all Teksavvy offers great support and while their prices are a bit high, Zap the Cap really helps offset the cost for that. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an alternative ISP.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

RE: Review

Hello zacsaunders,

I'm glad to hear you are happy with the service. I would just like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Here's hoping you'll remain a happy customer for years to come!

Have a great day!

Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork