TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by jaysona See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Not much anymore, aside from providng staitc IPs and ranges - sadly"
Bad "They're just like Bell - frustrations and all!"
Overall "They have a hold on me due to their being able to offer IPv6, /28 & /29 & static IPs"

·ELECTRONICBOX
Initial review: circa 2005

I originally ordered Internet service from VDN when I moved to Montreal since they offered faster speed than Videotron, a static IP, since I did not (still don't) have a land line, this was the only choice I knew of at the time. Since VDN was bought out by Bell Canada a while back, the service started to drop off, latency has increased, I stuck it out until I lost my static IP. No staic IP no ISP for me.

A co-worker suggested Teksavvy, he been with them for a couple of years. When I saw they offered dry dsl I called immediately. The people I spoke with were awesome, knowledgeable and spent all the time they needed to with me on the phone to get me what I wanted, told me about all their plans and services offered.

They even followed up three times, since I had ordered the DSL service but never used it for about a six weeks - I was waiting to get my router (Netopia 2247NWG also kicks ass) - I thought this was pretty cool on their part too.

So now I have my DSL, my staic IP, my /28 and in about a week or so I'll have my /24 routed as well!!

I finally have a setup almost as good as what I had with Megapath in SF, the only down side is no ISPs in Canada (that I am aware of) offer SDSL, I miss by 2048/2048 service *sigh*

Bottom line, Teksavvy rocks, these guys are the bomb! Keep up the great work, they have been so good, that two on my neighbors have ditched Videotron and Bell for Teksavvy too!

Misc: ADSL info:

SNR Margin: 24.50 9.00 dB

Line Attenuation: 10.50 8.00 dB

Output Power: 17.66 11.92 dB

Data Rate: 3008/Down 800/Up

Updated review 19-MAR-2014

So I started off with Teksavvy in 2005 and was extremely impressed with the knowledge of the people I spoke with at the time. Some context for this: I had recently moved from San Francisco to Montreal in 2003 and was accustomed to dealing with very tech savvy people in the Bay Area, so getting that same service in Canada - especially back in 2005 - was over the top for me.

Fast forward 10 years, I come home to my Internet service off, call the customer care line, I am told service has been cancelled, my /29 has already been grabbed by some internal TekSavvy team - essentially leaving me high, dry and dark. Of course this could not have happened at a worse time, I was supposed to leave for a tip to Asia today - since postponed for two days, another $5k and change out of my pocket. So, I have spend the next 4 hours re-configuring my firewalls and rules, updating DNS servers and all the associated files, just to get basic services back up and functional.

Root cause of this cluster eff? Good question, my suspicions are a combination of lack of knowledge/poor training, incompetence, negligence and just a general lack of caring about the customer - we're just a number now - seen no differently than how Bell, Telus, Rogers, Shaw, etc view their customers.

What lead to this? Well, that's pretty easy to see - and is what is really sad about this whole affair as well, as you'll see in the storyline below.

Since 2008 I had had two DSL circuits bonded together with MLPPP - first sign of trouble brewing is when the person I was talking to on the phone had no idea about MLPPP - and I was looking for faster upload speeds. Since 2008 FTTN has been deployed in my area and I am able to get some significantly faster rates, so why not? Added to the mix is that I have to places I live at, one in Montreal and one in Toronto, I decided to order the same service, so far so good, the person taking the order even stressed several times they were making notes not to cancel any of the current services until the new service was installed and up and running properly - meaning for a few days I would have double accounts - again no biggie to ensure a proper and smooth transition.

A couple of days later I get the notification that the new modems are being shipped via Canada Post - this is a problem, I have no gov't ID for my Montreal address - which is where the modems were being shipped. So, again pony up more cash - $225 - to have someone stay at my place to receive the modems. True to form - typical lazy assed gov't worker didn't even bother ringing the bell, just dropped the cards in the box.

So now I'm stuck, unable to pick up the packages, the people at the drugstore have given me and my friends a serious hassle in the past when trying to pick up packages that I have authorized them to pick up for me on my behalf.

So instead of enduring another fruitless battle with dumb assed Jean-Coutu clerks I decide to cancel the upgrade order, wait for another 3 weeks until I am settle back in Toronto and place a new order - easy breezy, right? I wish, I explained the situation to the customer service rep I spoke with, was told there should be no problem and that my current service will remain unaffected until I make my new order. I hang up, feeling fine, but a little bummed that I'll have to wait for another ~4 weeks for my faster service - but hey, what's another 4 weeks? Well, sadly my service didn't even stay up for another 4 days.

It's clear that several balls were dropped in the internal process, there appears to be very poor communication between teams, and no follow-up or customer engagement at all.

I find it very hard to believe that there is not one person within TekSavvy who would have wanted to know why someone who has been a customer for close to 10 years, has had accounts in multiple cities and spent up to $165/mo for service.

Seriously? No one was even the slightest bit curious? I guess that's what happens when the customer base reaches a level such that customers coming and going is not longer a business concern. Kudos to you TekSavvy - you've made into the shallow end of the big pool, but you're no longer worthy of the name you bear.

Update 25-APR-2014:

So, my situation is probably quite unique, services at different addresses in different provinces, multiple OIDs, multiple services on each OID seems to be source of a lot of the confusion. The red tape is still there, but once you know how to navigate the sea of red tape the process becomes less painful, but does take a few days of back and forth phone calls. Key things I have discovered is that knowing your OIDs is key to helping smooth the process.

If you're just looking for simple service, maybe a static IP and one address range like a /29 or /28, you should be fine, just make sure that you ask them to notify you for the install date confirmation. I did not get a confirmation for one of the three dates I had chosen as an install date and had to call Bell to confirm.

The saga of the upgrade to vdsl from adsl on MLPPP continues.........

Comments:

Calero27

join:2014-01-13

Line Stats

Looking at your SNR and Sync rate you should be able to get higher than 3mb

jaysona

join:2000-03-22
Toronto, ON

Re: Line Stats

This is a really old review, the data rate available in 2005 was 3mb, today it is closer to 6mb.

2 edits

Hello Jaysona,

Thank you for this updated review. This sounds like a terrible experience indeed and we would most certainly like to review your account to see what has happened. I have attempted to locate your account with your handle however you are not tagged in our systems. Can you please message us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct with your account information so we can investigate this further and see what has happened?

Tsi-ashleigh

jaysona

join:2000-03-22
Toronto, ON

Re: Review

possibly because you forgot the "y" in my name?

Attention to detail - very important - that's what help to separate those that succeed from those that fail. *sigh*

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23

Re: Review

I'm sure interested. I think you're dead wrong on caring. There's a ton of it. At 500 employees though, we have to get the right people on the job. Your review pisses me off. Full stop. Caring has nothing to do with this. I know what you're looking for, I was probably the one who configured your IP back in the day, and I know (surely you know also) that it's not possible to have that level of expertise for each and every employee at this size. We need to find a way to get you directly to a special team that you can talk turkey to. I have yet to find a way to do that, without creating a situation where everybody wants that special team... Feel free to PM me if you care to discuss this further. It's not as simple as it seems. I've been trying to find simple ways to deal with this for a few years now.

If you had an old IP, we have been trying to cycle them out for a long time. Nothing nefarious.

I will be sure to chase this down.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Hey there Jaysona!

Thanks for updating your review. While I am glad you are getting things sorted out the way you need them I'm still sorry to hear that you feel that there is too much red tape and complications. While your needs may not be the standard end user's, we still want to make sure that we provide excellent service to you. As Marc has previously mentioned this is somewhat complicated, but it's still something we're aiming for.

I am hoping that we'll be able to turn your opinion of us around to a far more positive one once more.

As for the installation date not being sent to you, that is a very odd thing. I'm glad it got resolved, but I do apologize for the miscommunication. I'm hoping that your upgrade to VDSL MLPPP goes well! Please do keep us up to date and don't hesitate to let us know if there's any questions you have or if you run into any complication.

Best regards,

Review by zacsaunders See Profile

• Location: Oshawa,ON
Good "Great support, Reliable connection, Zap the Cap!"
Bad "Price (Not as bad with Zap the Cap)"
Overall "Great alternative ISP especially with Zap the Cap!"

I moved into an apartment and my father moved up north to Kinmount. I ordered Teksavvy for both of us to try a new ISP. The install for my father went extremely well and he was up and running with full speeds in no time, I had a few issues during the install in my apartment but it was bell's fault not Teksavvys. They handled everything very quickly and the direct support forum is really great to have, all my questions and concerns and quickly answers and dealt with (usually within 15 minutes)

The speed for both of us has been perfect. 50/10 for me and 6/800 for my father. Never has it dropped in over a year for the 50/10 package and I have only had a few outages during the night that were back up in the morning.

All in all Teksavvy offers great support and while their prices are a bit high, Zap the Cap really helps offset the cost for that. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an alternative ISP.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

RE: Review

Hello zacsaunders,

I'm glad to hear you are happy with the service. I would just like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Here's hoping you'll remain a happy customer for years to come!

Have a great day!

Shawn S

Review by ulimetic See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "When it works, it works well... for a bit"
Bad "Disconnect all the time, poor service"
Overall "Not sure what to think of them anymore..."

This has been very frustrating. Here's my story, this happened over the last 1.5 years.

Fresh move to a new apt. No previous phone line so I have to get the dry loop and BELL to install a phone plug. Started out with the SAGECOM modem bridged to a E2000 on DDWRT, everything worked out fine for a while, then I started having more and more disconnections. Called support many times, to have me tested the exact same thing over and over again : put down your network and just connect the modem to a computer. Does it work? Yes but I never said it wasn't connecting, it just doesn't stay up. But "as this work and you are using a bridged configuration, we can't help you further because it can be a bridge issue and we don't support bridged connection, if you can connect to internet straight from the router, our job is done". Then goes the usual 'speed test' from speedtest.net which give the expected results (of course I just reconnected and it will take 20 min before it goes down again). Then they recommended to go for a SMART RG505 modem since it was more suited for bridged connection. I ended up buying the modem, and a brand new router so I'm sure my old router isn't the issue. Plugged everything back, worked for a while. One morning I wake up, no more internet connection. I call support, we test my PPOE acount @teksavvy.com and it doesn't work any more for an obscure reasons. Teksavvy then creates a new account @pppoe.ca instead of @teksavvy.com. Now I can get back online but everything is wrong, since I have a static IP and well, the new account wasn't linked to my static IP. Call back to have that changed to my static IP. Now everything is back to "normal", I have access to the internet but it drops every 20 min or so. Call back Teksavvy, I get told that it might be because my modem power supply is connected to a power bar. I use professional grade UPS's with monitoring (which gives a way better electrical wave than straight out of the wall). The gentleman (who was very nice I should mention) asked me if the internet light on my modem is on. It is not, which from his saying is not normal. Asks me what modem I have, told him SmartRG505. Then he goes, people usually don't bridge that modem, you are one of the few (I think he said we were 2!! to have it in bridge mode). But I was told to go for this modem instead because the SAGECOM wasn't suited ?? He says their 'tool' to check the quality of the connection is down, can't check it out. Ask me to do the whole 'put your network down again test the modem' which I refused (did this like 4 times already with support). What's left for me is to take a chance and bring people down here to check the connection at the splitter, and if it isn't faulty, I would have to pay 87.50 or something for the job. I just gave up at this point and just keep getting f'ed in the a every time my network goes down. Never had issues with cable, should have gone with cable but I couldn't get static IP and cable, DSL with Teksavvy is a nightmare so far...

UPDATE:

After some direct investigation from the TSI team, with the right information, I was able to find the issues with my connection, which was on my end. The many actors and confusing made it hard to track, but when I finally got to speak to the right person, my issues was solved in a matter of hours. I should have gone for the forums right away. So both Teksavvy and I had issues on this one but in the end, it is solved.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

Your Review

Hello,

What you are describing doesn't seem like the experience we strive to provide. Terribly sorry to hear what you have gone through. I agree that getting disconnected 20mins after you have reconnected isn't' exactly what should be happening. Far from that for that matter. That all said, I would be greatly interested in looking at your account to see what was done, if any coaching opportunities should be created & what I can do to resolve you issue once & for all.

As for the SmartRG modem not being in Bridge mode by more then 2 people is completely false. I would say that most people get the SmartRG to actually be able to do proper bridge on VDSL services.

If you could please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum, it would be our great pleasure to look into this.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, we will be more than happy to address those as well.

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR
ulimetic

join:2013-10-17

Re: Your Review

Martin, thanks for the quick reply. I will copy/paste that in the other forum as well as my CID so you can check it out.

Re: Your Review

Hello Ulimetic,

Thank you for your update. I am very happy you were able to speak to an agent and your service is working normally now. This is great to see.

Thank you for the update and if you have any further questions we can always be reached in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Regards,
TSI-Ashleigh

Review by Phibian See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Excellent customer service, cutting edge services (MLPPP), reasonable prices"
Overall "Best ISP I've found so far"

Upgrading to a dual (MLPPP) 25/10 DSL connection. Lots of time on the phone getting it all sorted out but that was mainly because of the complexity of my setup. No issues upgrading lines so far and wow is 25/10 fast! Combined I'm getting 50/20. Also worth noting that TSI support was so friendly it was amazing. Also they've now dropped the price more than once and increased the caps and speed!

member for 5.4 years, 1290 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

Hello Phibian,

Thank you for your review!

Upgrading to a dual (MLPPP) 25/10 DSL connection is a big feat . A lot of preparation is involved. It is all worth while knowing that you will get a 50/20 connection in the end. If you have any questions or require assistance please feel free to either post in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum or call an agent at 1-877-779-1575.

Shawn S

Review by Cloneman See Profile

• Location: Montreal
Good "Great company, great overall service."
Bad "Sometimes handcuffed by poor CRTC regulation."
Overall "If your inside phone wiring is clean, they are a good choice."

·Bell Fibe
Teksavvy DSL is a strong company with very good praise in Canada - one of the best choices you can make.

Unfortunately their ability to provide even better service is limited by CRTC regulation - at the time of review there's a hefty 100$ fee to signup for the higher speed tiers, and forced modem rental for VDSL. There are also numerous unfair advantages Bell maintains for its own customers, such as repairing indoor problems for free for some of their customers, or providing a free dry loop.

For some customers who have problems with inside wire, it may be best to bite the bullet with an evil incumbent ISP, like bell, which potentially can serve them better should they require work to be done inside the home. 15/10 VDSL is currently 15$ cheaper with Bell if you don't need teksavvy's 300gb advantage.

member for 12.2 years, 1467 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI ShawnS
Chatham, ON

RE:Review of TekSavvy DSL (DSL)

Hello Cloneman,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

While we do have limitations under the current CRTC regulations, we are always working to make sure that things change for the better for all independent ISP’s and our customers. We are working on the issue of the modem rental on the 25m service and hopefully things will change.

Thank you.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe

updated review

Since my review, the landscape has changed a little bit. Services like 15/10 are now available at teksavvy and their price is competitive with Bell. CRTC drama has lessened, install fees have been reduced to 50$, and customers can now bring their own modem for VDSL service.

My usual caveat is to insist that the installer setup a POTS splitter to avoid line/noise problems later on.

And, if you need an internet connection for a few months only, it is still sometimes cheaper to go with one of the big evil providers, as they have promotions that include hardware and installation.

Review by shawn_on_ca See Profile

• Location: Markham,ON
Good "Small well run company that seems to care about its customers."
Bad "Too bad that Teksavvy does not have last mile connectivity to directly compete with the incumbent ISPs."
Overall "Very good value for money."

15/10 VDSL package.
Install was done by Bell Canada technician.
Using teksavvy-supplied SmartRG modem

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response

Hey Shawn-

Were you trying to leave a review or do you have a question of some sort? We appreciate the clarification

Cheers
Liz

Hey Shawn!

Glad to hear the service is working great for you! Glad to have you on board. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or run into any issues!

Enjoy the 'net!

Kris

Review by Alittlegreen See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
Good "The Gold Standard in ISP customer care. Unltd 2-8am download. Very competent staff"
Bad "Due to legislation, an incumbent tech must do the site install."
Overall "SuperStar service! Great rates! Genuinely a co. that does the right thing!"

·Future Nine Corp..
We've been proud TSI customers for years. Proud of the path the company has taken. From the Net-Neutrality rally days, to the way they've handled the whole Voltage situation (among other things).

Through the years, we've had a few of our family members, friends, and co-workers come over to the TSI camp. And with every new person joining, came more complements and thank yous. Even in cases when there were initial difficulties (during on-site installation), TSI managed to handle the situation in a way that quickly resolved the issue.

In our particular case, we’ve had the home POTS/PSTN phone & DSL since '08. Up until recently he had the legacy 6M/0.8. Service has always been solid. In the early days we used to get emails about planned outages that would happen over night for 1/2 hour or so for system upgrades, but we haven't seen this in years. Like I said, service is rock solid and haven't seen any downtime in forever and a day.

And most importantly, based on my personal experience, and on the one our extended family has been getting, TSI is the Gold standard when it comes to doing the right thing. The Gold standard in customer care. The Gold standard in tech support as well.

They kind of make me think of the golden day of Saturn. Remember that car company?... "We're a different kind of car". They were a car company that greeted their customers like family. they used to have big bbq days too. ...Minus all of the GM drama of course.

Anyhow, at the risk of sounding like a fanboy; If you're looking for an ISP, and clearly you are if you're reading this, I just can't say enough good things about them. Give them a try. You'll be pleasantly surprised. They're very accessible, and they do follow through with what's promised.-Again, this is purely based on My, My extended family, and My co-workers input.

Best of luck on your search!

and keep up the great work TSI!

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response.

Hello There!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this review and we're so happy to see that you're happy with the service. We really do pride ourselves on our customer's satisfaction so when we receive this kind of feedback it's extremely motivating to keep continually improving our service while always thinking of the customer first.

Again thank you for your support and feel free to reach out to us anytime!

Have a great weekend,
Liz
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Review by reiyu See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Stable connection! Great 15/10 connection for $39.99+tax!"
Bad "Phone support and TSI's custom firmware for the SR505N modem causes problems."
Overall "Buy the modem from outside, then sign up for TSI!"

Background info:

Been with Bell for the longest time on 25/10 with my family. Decided to get my own place, and picked TSI for their good reviews. Also picked up another Sagemcom so I don't have to buy them from TSI.

Day 1:

Installation was on time, DSL synced. Speed tested, and got 15/7. Phoned TSI and they told me 7 was the max I can get. I know it's a lie since I know people in my neighborhood that get full 10 upload. Phoned again and finally they changed my profile to 15/10.

Couple of days later:

Apparently my Sagemcom modem is a victim of the dreaded sync-no-surf issue. Luckily the SR505N was being sold by TSI already, then I bought one. When I got my SR505N modem, it was already pre-configured and all was needed to be done was plug it in.

Couple of more days later:

SR505N crashes randomly. Phoned TSI, I just told them my modem keeps dying, and with just a few non-technical questions, they are sending me a new modem. Was hoping they had more diagnostics that they can say over the phone, but maybe I just had a bad modem. Modem came, same problems happened. Finally found dslreports.com, posted in TSI's direct forum instead of phoning, I HAD GREAT SUPPORT. I was told to update the firmware and the configuration file, but the problem still persists. I was also told to monitor the modem through the logs, but whenever the modem dies, the logs are erased. I setup an external syslog server, and found out that this problem was caused by UPnP. Turned off UPnP and it does not stop there, apparently if you have IPv4 to IPv6 tunnels in your network (Windows 8 has this enabled by default with ISATAP and Teredo) and you have IPv6 DHCP disabled, modem goes bonkers looking for the subnet of that IPv6 address. Found the root of the problem, and also found a solution. Month ended and I was charged a restocking fee for the modem since they "did not" find a problem with the modem. Since I was working hand in hand with TSI to troubleshoot my problem in the direct forum, support knows that the firmware does have a problem and the restocking fee was waived.

Solution:

»Re: [DSL] SmartRG appears to power cycle itself

As of today after this fix, my modem has been up by 59 days. Would have been longer, but I had to unplug the modem at one point when I had to arrange my stuff.

A month later:

ZTC arrived, which basically throttles your connection from 20:00-00:00 but you get unlimited usage in return. This was an awesome move! I had problems with ZTC when it started, higher pings and unstable connection, and just when I was going to post in the direct forum, the issue was fixed, so hurrah! It would be nice if they had more leeway to start ZTC. Apparently you have to turn it on by the 1st of the month, if not, you'd be paying overages. Would have been nice if they enable you to turn it on anytime on the first week instead.

Bottom line:

Don't even bother calling phone support. Just post in the direct forum as they are more helpful. If ever the direct forum doesn't help that much, post in the public forum as some other people might have encountered the same problems before and they're willing to help as well. Connection is awesomely stable if you did the fix that I posted. Never had any problems ever since.

Keep up the good work, TSI!

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Reiyu,

Thank you very much for the great review. I am happy you have been enjoying the service for a while now.

Thank you very for much for the online support compliments we certainly do appreciate it. I am glad we were able to assist you with your new SmartRG modem.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. Thank you again for this review.

Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

Review by Bugblndr See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Fast upload/download with a big cap"
Bad "25/10 service ordered, only 7.5 up received due to distance"
Overall "Great DSL bang for the buck service"

·TekSavvy Cable
I've had their 25/10 service for 6 months now. Installation was straight forward, though I never saw any technicians, not really an issue as I already had my modem and a POTS splitter.

Service has been 100% reliable since day 1, unfortunately I can only get 7.5 Mb/s upstream due to the distance I am from the remote.

The upcoming price drops and opportunity to purchase a modem will make this service a very good deal.

member for 4.7 years, 2108 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Marty

Your Review

Thank you for your review.

We're ecstatic your enjoying your services and its great to have you on the TekSavvy team.

Thank you again for the great review, your feedback is appreciated.

Review by Felldoh See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Excellent customer service, consistent speeds, forum help support, short hold times for phoning in"
Bad "Took 5 additional days to get my internet activated, high starting cost"
Overall "Switch to Teksavvy, the starting costs might put you off but once you look past it you are getting great services for the value!"

I ordered the 25/10 DSL internet package with the 300 GB cap for $39.99 monthly. What I like about Teksavvy is they give their customers an option to rent-to-own their modems since paying for the modem fully could put off some customers. I chose to rent-to-own my modem and have to pay an additional $14 for an additional 5 months to fully pay off my modem ($53.99 before taxes for my internet services). After this 5 month period I will be paying only $45.19 for my DSL internet services. I am happy that I didn't need to go with the unlimited package but it is great that there is an option to do so, I feel that the 300 GB cap is plenty enough for my family's needs as well as for many other Teksavvy customers who chose the 300 GB cap option. I am using a third party home phone provider for my home phone since Teksavvy Traditional Home Phone wasn't available in my area so all I had to do was provide my circuit number to Teksavvy and now my home phone is working great with Teksavvy's DSL internet services with no problems being reported at all.

The order process went really smoothly, I received my modem in the mail very quick with tracking info was supplied via email. The customer sales representatives were very kind, and were very coherent with the details in regarding my order. On the installation side I was a bit disappointed that I was told my internet would be activated on a Saturday but I ended up waiting until Thursday (5 full days) to be fully up and running. Well I can't really put the blame on Teksavvy since it was the Bell technician who was hired to do the job failing to get my internet activated. Even during that downtime when I called Teksavvy tech-support the Teksavvy technicians were very great in helping me troubleshoot the problem even though it wasn't resolved that way, what happened was another ticket had to be pushed to get another technician to fix my internet. I was told that the downtime is going to be credited on my next invoice.

Overall my first impressions with the services are great and what I love a lot is the value I'm getting for the services that are being offered to me! What I also highly like is the decent wait times I have when calling in to Teksavvy Support (I've had ridiculous wait times of over an hour with a previous ISP but with Teksavvy it has been always under 20 minutes so far). The Teksavvy Direct forum is also great in getting Teksavvy representatives respond to us customers' problems. I had an issue where my upload speed was only reaching close to 8 mB when I was supposed to be getting up to 10 mB, and after messaging about it on the forum a Teksavvy representative found out my profile was showing 25/8 when it was supposed to be 25/10 and got it resolved remotely and now my upload speed is where it should be and my ping is even better (went from 16ms to 6ms). The speeds are great and consistent, and the modem supplied which is a Smart RG sr505n is better than the ones I have received from previous ISPs (the wireless signal is also strong throughout my townhouse).

All I have to say is that it has been a great experience and I'm happy I made the switch!

Thank you Teksavvy for your support and help through my order process!

Comments:

TSI Kris

Hi there Felldoh!

Thanks for your glowing review! We do apologize for the delayed installation but we're ecstatic that you're so happy with the service now that it's up and running fully! Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything.

Best regards,