TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Alittlegreen See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
Good "The Gold Standard in ISP customer care. Unltd 2-8am download. Very competent staff"
Bad "Due to legislation, an incumbent tech must do the site install."
Overall "SuperStar service! Great rates! Genuinely a co. that does the right thing!"

·Future Nine Corp..
We've been proud TSI customers for years. Proud of the path the company has taken. From the Net-Neutrality rally days, to the way they've handled the whole Voltage situation (among other things).

Through the years, we've had a few of our family members, friends, and co-workers come over to the TSI camp. And with every new person joining, came more complements and thank yous. Even in cases when there were initial difficulties (during on-site installation), TSI managed to handle the situation in a way that quickly resolved the issue.

In our particular case, we’ve had the home POTS/PSTN phone & DSL since '08. Up until recently he had the legacy 6M/0.8. Service has always been solid. In the early days we used to get emails about planned outages that would happen over night for 1/2 hour or so for system upgrades, but we haven't seen this in years. Like I said, service is rock solid and haven't seen any downtime in forever and a day.

And most importantly, based on my personal experience, and on the one our extended family has been getting, TSI is the Gold standard when it comes to doing the right thing. The Gold standard in customer care. The Gold standard in tech support as well.

They kind of make me think of the golden day of Saturn. Remember that car company?... "We're a different kind of car". They were a car company that greeted their customers like family. they used to have big bbq days too. ...Minus all of the GM drama of course.

Anyhow, at the risk of sounding like a fanboy; If you're looking for an ISP, and clearly you are if you're reading this, I just can't say enough good things about them. Give them a try. You'll be pleasantly surprised. They're very accessible, and they do follow through with what's promised.-Again, this is purely based on My, My extended family, and My co-workers input.

Best of luck on your search!

and keep up the great work TSI!

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response.

Hello There!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this review and we're so happy to see that you're happy with the service. We really do pride ourselves on our customer's satisfaction so when we receive this kind of feedback it's extremely motivating to keep continually improving our service while always thinking of the customer first.

Again thank you for your support and feel free to reach out to us anytime!

Have a great weekend,
Liz
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Review by reiyu See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Stable connection! Great 15/10 connection for $39.99+tax!"
Bad "Phone support and TSI's custom firmware for the SR505N modem causes problems."
Overall "Buy the modem from outside, then sign up for TSI!"

Background info:

Been with Bell for the longest time on 25/10 with my family. Decided to get my own place, and picked TSI for their good reviews. Also picked up another Sagemcom so I don't have to buy them from TSI.

Day 1:

Installation was on time, DSL synced. Speed tested, and got 15/7. Phoned TSI and they told me 7 was the max I can get. I know it's a lie since I know people in my neighborhood that get full 10 upload. Phoned again and finally they changed my profile to 15/10.

Couple of days later:

Apparently my Sagemcom modem is a victim of the dreaded sync-no-surf issue. Luckily the SR505N was being sold by TSI already, then I bought one. When I got my SR505N modem, it was already pre-configured and all was needed to be done was plug it in.

Couple of more days later:

SR505N crashes randomly. Phoned TSI, I just told them my modem keeps dying, and with just a few non-technical questions, they are sending me a new modem. Was hoping they had more diagnostics that they can say over the phone, but maybe I just had a bad modem. Modem came, same problems happened. Finally found dslreports.com, posted in TSI's direct forum instead of phoning, I HAD GREAT SUPPORT. I was told to update the firmware and the configuration file, but the problem still persists. I was also told to monitor the modem through the logs, but whenever the modem dies, the logs are erased. I setup an external syslog server, and found out that this problem was caused by UPnP. Turned off UPnP and it does not stop there, apparently if you have IPv4 to IPv6 tunnels in your network (Windows 8 has this enabled by default with ISATAP and Teredo) and you have IPv6 DHCP disabled, modem goes bonkers looking for the subnet of that IPv6 address. Found the root of the problem, and also found a solution. Month ended and I was charged a restocking fee for the modem since they "did not" find a problem with the modem. Since I was working hand in hand with TSI to troubleshoot my problem in the direct forum, support knows that the firmware does have a problem and the restocking fee was waived.

Solution:

»Re: [DSL] SmartRG appears to power cycle itself

As of today after this fix, my modem has been up by 59 days. Would have been longer, but I had to unplug the modem at one point when I had to arrange my stuff.

A month later:

ZTC arrived, which basically throttles your connection from 20:00-00:00 but you get unlimited usage in return. This was an awesome move! I had problems with ZTC when it started, higher pings and unstable connection, and just when I was going to post in the direct forum, the issue was fixed, so hurrah! It would be nice if they had more leeway to start ZTC. Apparently you have to turn it on by the 1st of the month, if not, you'd be paying overages. Would have been nice if they enable you to turn it on anytime on the first week instead.

Bottom line:

Don't even bother calling phone support. Just post in the direct forum as they are more helpful. If ever the direct forum doesn't help that much, post in the public forum as some other people might have encountered the same problems before and they're willing to help as well. Connection is awesomely stable if you did the fix that I posted. Never had any problems ever since.

Keep up the good work, TSI!

member for 345 days, 437 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Hello Reiyu,

Thank you very much for the great review. I am happy you have been enjoying the service for a while now.

Thank you very for much for the online support compliments we certainly do appreciate it. I am glad we were able to assist you with your new SmartRG modem.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. Thank you again for this review.

Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

Review by Bugblndr See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Fast upload/download with a big cap"
Bad "25/10 service ordered, only 7.5 up received due to distance"
Overall "Great DSL bang for the buck service"

·TekSavvy Cable
I've had their 25/10 service for 6 months now. Installation was straight forward, though I never saw any technicians, not really an issue as I already had my modem and a POTS splitter.

Service has been 100% reliable since day 1, unfortunately I can only get 7.5 Mb/s upstream due to the distance I am from the remote.

The upcoming price drops and opportunity to purchase a modem will make this service a very good deal.

member for 4.8 years, 2134 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Marty
join:2012-11-22

Your Review

Thank you for your review.

We're ecstatic your enjoying your services and its great to have you on the TekSavvy team.

Thank you again for the great review, your feedback is appreciated.

Review by Felldoh See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Excellent customer service, consistent speeds, forum help support, short hold times for phoning in"
Bad "Took 5 additional days to get my internet activated, high starting cost"
Overall "Switch to Teksavvy, the starting costs might put you off but once you look past it you are getting great services for the value!"

I ordered the 25/10 DSL internet package with the 300 GB cap for $39.99 monthly. What I like about Teksavvy is they give their customers an option to rent-to-own their modems since paying for the modem fully could put off some customers. I chose to rent-to-own my modem and have to pay an additional $14 for an additional 5 months to fully pay off my modem ($53.99 before taxes for my internet services). After this 5 month period I will be paying only $45.19 for my DSL internet services. I am happy that I didn't need to go with the unlimited package but it is great that there is an option to do so, I feel that the 300 GB cap is plenty enough for my family's needs as well as for many other Teksavvy customers who chose the 300 GB cap option. I am using a third party home phone provider for my home phone since Teksavvy Traditional Home Phone wasn't available in my area so all I had to do was provide my circuit number to Teksavvy and now my home phone is working great with Teksavvy's DSL internet services with no problems being reported at all.

The order process went really smoothly, I received my modem in the mail very quick with tracking info was supplied via email. The customer sales representatives were very kind, and were very coherent with the details in regarding my order. On the installation side I was a bit disappointed that I was told my internet would be activated on a Saturday but I ended up waiting until Thursday (5 full days) to be fully up and running. Well I can't really put the blame on Teksavvy since it was the Bell technician who was hired to do the job failing to get my internet activated. Even during that downtime when I called Teksavvy tech-support the Teksavvy technicians were very great in helping me troubleshoot the problem even though it wasn't resolved that way, what happened was another ticket had to be pushed to get another technician to fix my internet. I was told that the downtime is going to be credited on my next invoice.

Overall my first impressions with the services are great and what I love a lot is the value I'm getting for the services that are being offered to me! What I also highly like is the decent wait times I have when calling in to Teksavvy Support (I've had ridiculous wait times of over an hour with a previous ISP but with Teksavvy it has been always under 20 minutes so far). The Teksavvy Direct forum is also great in getting Teksavvy representatives respond to us customers' problems. I had an issue where my upload speed was only reaching close to 8 mB when I was supposed to be getting up to 10 mB, and after messaging about it on the forum a Teksavvy representative found out my profile was showing 25/8 when it was supposed to be 25/10 and got it resolved remotely and now my upload speed is where it should be and my ping is even better (went from 16ms to 6ms). The speeds are great and consistent, and the modem supplied which is a Smart RG sr505n is better than the ones I have received from previous ISPs (the wireless signal is also strong throughout my townhouse).

All I have to say is that it has been a great experience and I'm happy I made the switch!

Thank you Teksavvy for your support and help through my order process!

Comments:

TSI Kris
join:2013-11-18

Hi there Felldoh!

Thanks for your glowing review! We do apologize for the delayed installation but we're ecstatic that you're so happy with the service now that it's up and running fully! Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything.

Best regards,

Review by vkh_76 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Exceptional price and reliable"
Bad "So far it's hard to find something bad"
Overall "I should of made the switch a long time ago!"

My wife and I got tired of Bell and the service they provide to rural resident of Ontario; and knowing, last August, that we were going to move to our new house I needed to find a solution to our internet provider. Here came a good friend of mine who suggested the third party internet provider Teksavvy. At first I was very skeptic, being that Teksavvy was pretty much piggybacking on the Bell infrastructure (well my region anyway) and I wasn't sure how this would all work at the end? Well, let me tell you, all I have to say is... Being with this service now for 6 months, nothing went wrong so far. From the beginning Teksavvy has been nothing but professional, more than Bell anyway. The installation and the first few days I did experience issues with the connection, however when ask for support, Teksavvy ensured that the problem was resolved as fast a possible. Ever since these first couple of days, I have nothing bad to say about the service. When ask to rate Teksavvy by using the 6 voting buttons, I would have rate them to the max, however, I know that in real life that nothing is perfect, therefore I had to be objective and give them close to perfection. I would recommend this company to anyone I know... Just the prices are enough for anyone to make the switch! (loll)

Comments:
matmat09

join:2014-04-26
Vanier, ON

Teksavvy

You can't beet teksavvy. Best price unmatched service. If your tired of paying high bills like we were then you will be very happy with teksavvy prices.

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

Thanks for you review

Very glad to hear you have been able to enjoy your service issue free for the past 6 months.

If you encounter any issues at anytime or you have any concerns, please, by all means, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by OrionOps See Profile

• Location: Kanata,ON
Good "Great price, fast turnaround, ENGLISH techs"
Bad "Hope you don't have ANY problems, initial costs"
Overall "Great...if you have no problems..."

I've had TSI for a few months now and thought it was a good time for a review.

I switched over from Rogers. What initially !@#$%ed me off about Rogers was they never told me about hidden costs increases when cancelling services other than internet. On top of the $60 they charged me for internet, I was paying $10 for unlimited. I had to start cutting costs, so I cancelled TV, I can watch what I want online, then I cancelled my home phone since I didnt need it. Imagine my surprise when my bill comes in at $90 for the internet.

The $10 extra for unlimited only counts if you have 3 or more services. Otherwise it's $30. I flat out told them, either bring it back down or I leave. Well we know how that turned out. I also cancelled my cell phone service out of spite. Helloooo Wind Mobile.

I had actually been looking to switch to TSI for years, but it had never been available at decent speeds in my area until recently.

The switch was easy, called Rogers, told them to shove it. Called TSI and told them Rogers was cancelling in 30 days. Since I was already with Rogers, a tech didn't need to come out. On the day it was being switched, I just switched my modem and it worked.

300GB per month is fine. I tried my hardest to actually hit it, even downloaded a 134GB file. Still barely hit it one month. So I don't know what people who order unlimited are doing to need that much bandwidth.

I've had problems where I had to reboot the modem but other than that it's been working great.

There was also a problem with my order at first, ordered an open box modem but invoice charged full price, quick fix. The woman on the phone made a simple mistake, it was midnight on a friday. Don't ask why I was ordering internet at midnight on a friday.

The only other downside I can see are the initial costs.

Other than that, been going well. One thing I forgot...THE TECH CAN SPEAK ENGLISH and the CEO actually posts in the forums!!!! Holy hell did anyone see that pig fly?! He was doing an aerial acrobat number with the pink elephant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am updating this review in light of adding a second address to my account which was described here:
»Extremely Poor Communication between Teksavvy and Rogers

Basically, as long as you have no problems EVER with the service that requires a Rogers tech to be sent out, you will be fine.

If there are problems...well...you'll become an alcoholic from all the stress. Rogers seems to refuse to help Teksavvy in any quick manner, even when Rogers themselves screw up, all Teksavvy can do it email them and wait up to 48h.

Please Teksavvy, for the love of god do something about your communication with Rogers.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Hello OrionOps,

Thank you for the wonderful and funny review. I’m very happy to see you are enjoying the service. I’m also happy to see your enjoying the support available to you on DSLr. I’m glad your installation went smoothly and you’re enjoying the very high bandwidth caps.

Please continue to update us on your connection and if you have any questions or concerns we can always be reached through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thanks again
TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

join:2013-11-18
Hi there OrionOps!

Thanks for updating your review! I'm sorry about the issues you ran into, though I am glad that in the end it all got resolved by the looks of things. We're always striving to make things as smooth as possible for our customers and we're hoping that in the future you - or anyone else for that matter - won't have to deal with delays and complications that stem from internal processes, whether it be between just us or between us and our vendors. Sometimes it takes time to get to that point, but we're working towards it!

Glad you're enjoying the service otherwise though! We hope it's keeping up with all you need it for.

Best regards,

Review by Markus See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Good service and good communication from TSI"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "A great and much cheaper alternative to Bell Fibe Internet"

Just had TSI DSL 25/10 unlimited on dry loop installed in parallel to existing Bell File 25/10 service. Will be cancelling Fibe service in next few days.

Install went well except for the Bell tech not tightening screws inside phone wire jack. Communication from TSI has been stellar so far.

I recently dropped my Bell POTS line which put my Bell Fibe internet (25/10/unlimited) price up to over $100/mo. I'm saving almost $40/month with TSI for the exact same service.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

RE: Review

Hello Markus,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're glad that things went well, other then the slight issue with the tightening of the screws.

If you ever require assistance, you can reach out to us via the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Way to save $40/month by the way!!

Enjoy your unlimited stellar service!

Sincerely,
Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by chris127638 See Profile

• Location: m4b183
Bad "absolutely corrupt"

Worst service i have ever experienced in my entire life. A completely dysfunctional, poorly structured and organized company. Horrible and untrained customer service. I've been a teksavvy customer for over 3 years and honestly I've never really had a problem until recently and I was so disturbed and offended by their lack of consideration or value to a loyal client but also by their inability to take responsibility for their negligence. On the 1st of April I requested a transfer of service to my new address and arranged for a service tech to come to my house on the 8th. Assuming the service fees would be charged to my account and that the sales agent neglecting to inform me I needed to pay for the service fee prior to installation, I booked work off and waited for 6 hours for a technician to show and never did. I called to enquire as why and they told be it was because I never paid the fee. Might I add that they neglected to email me an invoice for the service bill therefore I had no way of knowing my service was dependant on payment prior to the technician coming nor did I have an exact amount that I could pay them. After a account manager confirmed my story as true, I paid the service fee plus they had told me i had an oustanding ballance from my previous address that I needed to pay in order for them to process the new service, not thinking I paid it and a date set for the 16th of April. Booked off another day of work and waited and waited. No tech. Nor did I receive a phone call updating me on the status of my service or that there was a delay and the tech would be late or not be able to show. So I called and spoke to an account manager who told me that pretty much he doesn't know what is going on and that because it is a bell technician who was assigned I'd have to find out from bell. So no resolution still. He told me that when they are updated with a new time they will let me know. The next day no phone call. No tech. So I called again at 8pm. Find out that a technician had come and was able to do his business without even coming into the house in the first place and that the Internet is ready and working. Thus Making the two days booked off work redundant and costing me 300$ in wages and a whole lot of my time. Plus I was informed by another account manager tthat I wasn't supposed to be charged for a "previous balance" because I had already paid for my last month's bill at the old address and it was just an accounting error. This whole situation negatively affected mine and my roommates academic life, work life and personal life and consumed a great deal of my time plus stress. And when I asked for compensation I was offered a insulting $15 credit for the 2 weeks I've been out of Internet. I was apauled and felt so insulted that everything this endeavour cost me in then end and none of it was even taken into account. I canceled my service and they took the $100 it cost me for the installation. Unforgettable.

Comments:

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

Hi chris127638,

I would like to review your account and see if there is anything that I can do. It seems that we dropped the ball a few times and I would like to make it right. Could you please PM me with your account information?

Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

join:2011-08-24
canada

Re: Review

Hi chris127638,

I believe I was able to locate your account and spent some time reviewing what happened to ensure we work on where we dropped the ball.

Looks like April 4th you called and spoke to one of our customer service representative. You placed a move order where the representative failed to advise you that payment was needed prior to processing your move order. We will definitely have this rectified and ensure that the representative is aware of this. The tentative dates provided to you at that point were for the 10th, 11th and 12th until we received confirmation on one of them from our vendor.

An email was sent on the 4th advising of the payment amount for the move. We then contacted you on the 7th and 8th and left voice mails on both dates to advise you that we were still waiting on the payment. You then called back on the 8th to find out why we were calling you about a payment. At that point you were advised that the move was not processed as we were waiting on the payment first since we are prepaid. Since your due date is on the 7th of every month, the payment you made on the 8th was for the month of service that was due the day before. The next payment you made on the 10th included another month of service plus the move fee. That was another fail on our part as you should have only had to pay for your move. I will get in touch with our accounting manager to ensure this is looked into and rectified if not already.

Your move order was then pushed on the 10th tentatively for the 16th, 17th and 18th which our vendor confirmed the 16th as the move date. They also confirmed that a technician was required. The 16th came around and no tech came. When you called us, we advised you we needed to wait until midnight to receive the update from our vendor as to why they did not show up.

The next day, our vendor advised us they needed to reschedule for the 17th (same day) which they were able to complete without access to your residence. You called us in the evening which is when we saw that your order was completed. Compensation for two weeks was offered but you were looking for a couple of months and the activation fee. The supervisor you spoke with said he could only offer two weeks and you've advised that you would get back to us.

I certainly want to apologize for the issues you encountered with the moving process. I would still like to discuss the situation further with you. I will await on your PM to confirm that the account I have is in fact yours as there are a few things off from what you've described and will go from there.

Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Review by rizlo100 See Profile

• Location: Aurora,ON
Good "Canadian Staff, technologically forward company"
Overall "Excellent service, well recommended."

Update 4/16/2014:

Well, it's been a few years and despite TSI's growing pains, I'm still a loyal TSI DSL customer. Since my last update, I've moved 3 times and taken my service with me with minimal interruptions. Most recently, I moved into a old house (over 100yrs) and ordered 2 VDSL (25/10) lines to the house and cancelled my existing line at my apartment. TSI's customer service rep was very patient and was able to handle my large order and long list of tasks that needed to be completed for the move.
On the install date, a bell tech showed up. Discovered only 1 pair was currently run to the house, so he ran me a completely new drop from the nearby remote. He made sure my modems synced up without issue (infact, they'll sync much higher than TSI's current service offerings!) and ensured I was seeing good speed. TSI ensured I had all the information and hardware needed prior to the tech showing up.

Over all, another excellent experience and still one of the only ISP's that can provide a technical user with the service and features he wants!

Update 9/5/2011:

So it's been a couple of years now and still no complaints really. The bandwidth usage has even been INCREASED by 100GB.

I still stand by my original review. To this date I have yet to find a company that can provide the services I need at a reasonable cost. Looking forward to new offerings from TSI as they come out!

Original:
Been with TSI (DSL) for just over a year after the local ISP I was working at was purchased. While they are limited in the speed offerings they make up for it in service. No other company was able to provide the services I needed at anywhere near the same cost.

Over all I recommend to everyone!

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Your Review

Hello there,

Thanks for the recent update, we are always thrilled to receive feedback from our customers. I'm glad to hear all went well with the recent move and that the Bell tech was able to provide the line you needed.

If you ever do have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Thanks again,
Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

Review by unavailable See Profile

• Location: New Westminster,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Price looks attractive when you see it"
Bad "Business"
Overall "Glad I did not sign up"

Failed TekSavvy switch report:
(updated below)

I have been with Telus since 2005. Last month I noticed that I am paying $60 for what new clients pay $30 and TekSavvy clients pay $45 for. So I decide to defect to Teksavvy.

Contact them. Rep #1 tells me I should do $this and wait. I do and wait. In the meantime I create an account - turns out, there are different accounts for Support and Account: Support account stays logged in, Account account doesn't. 2 accounts to remember. *Red flag #1*.

A few days later rep #2 writes to inform me my order cannot go through, because what rep #1 told was incomplete or false. House divided cannot stand, eh? *Red flag #2*

And I am not even a paying customer yet, right? Wrong: in the meantime they've sent me the modem. I did not receive it and not going to, but I still owe them $10 for shipping (understandable) and $25 for "restocking fee" (what?)

I paid by credit card, they promise to send me a cheque - is it because of money laundering or book cooking?

Rep #3 from cancellation department asked questions that he did not want to know the answers to and talked louder than me at the same time, trying to convince me that I am an idiot.

Magnificent experience and cheap education.

Stuck with Telus forever, it seems. Tried to switch to Shaw years ago (first they told me everything was good to go, then after I waved goodbye to Telus, Shaw found out they can't get cable connection to my house), now to TekSavvy - same manure.

They don't compete. Their response to any raised brow is "Everyone does it". Well, true - there is no choice.

Wow, it's not over yet! Turns out, I need to call them again - they apparently can't press the "Delete this customer record" button without yelling at me once more.

== UPD #1: 2 days later: ==

User TSI Andre says they would do the refund. Will report here if it ever happens. If there are more staff like TSI Andre, all may not be lost.

Meanwhile, I removed ratings of 3 criteria that I never had a chance to experience: Connection reliability, Tech support and Services (even though I think I had a sufficient preview of the last one).

== UPD #2: another 2 days later ==

Everything developed according to TSI Andre's clairvoyance: the refund has hit my account to the last penny on the day it was supposed to. I am unaccustomed to such level of customer service.

The lessons I learned: (1) TekSavvy can be supremely fast, precise and helpful when it wants to, and (2) Not everyone at TekSavvy is clueless.

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

your review

Hello there,

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing these issues to our attention. I'd like to look into this for you from my end and see if there's anything we can do to help make this right. Could you please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum or send me a PM TSI Keith See Profile with your account info so we can investigate further.

Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.

TSI Keith,

What are you going to investigate, sorry?

I don't want to be a TekSavvy customer. I failed to appreciate TekSavvy's incompetence and arrogance.

I already have an unaccountable ISP to be a client of, don't need a clone, thank you.

The only thing you could help me with is getting rid of that creative $25 "restocking" fee - are you interested?

Hi there,

We want to investigate your account so we can make sure we improve ourselves by coaching where necessary and investigating processes where they failed.

The restocking fee is specific on the situation. Once we investigate we can also make the determination whether it should stick or not for your situation.

Re: your review

Are you trying to make me work on improving your service in exchange for a mirage of $25? That's why I don't want to have to deal with TekSavvy.

Keep the change, I'll do it for free. Here's how to fix TekSavvy ("you" below means "TekSavvy decision makers", not TSI Andre):

1. Stop trying to project the image of being different. You are not. Profits come from delivering less than you promise, whether you are TekSavvy or anyone else. Pretending otherwise makes you look like a bunch of either idiots or hypocrites.

2. Get rid of Easter egg fees like this $25 and god knows what other surprises you have in store. It's plain bad taste. Also, setup fee? Seriously? Bad taste and greed go together well, it seems. It's bad customer experience, how hard is it to figure out? Are you not a customer of other businesses? What do you like and not like about the way they treat you? If you love money so much, charge me $50/mo instead of $44, but draw a line, stop there, stop ripping me off. One-time rip-off is a poor business model: "On average, loyal customers are worth up to 10 times as much as their first purchase."

3. If one rep says one thing and another - another, the company is incompetent. In my case, if one rep says I don't need to warn Telus and then it turns out that my $250+ order is halted because I should have warned (note the past tense) Telus, it's highly annoying, because nobody can change the past.

4. You can't fix your reps, because they don't care, because slavery doesn't work. Tell your top brass to treat every staff member like they treat themselves. It's called humility, the opposite of hubris. When reps feel heard and respected for caring about customers, they will want to care about customers. Currently they care about their paycheck.

5. Try to keep it simple: I pay you, you deliver the service, one flat fee, one flat service. No tricks, no ifs, buts, just a simple transaction. The less you try to fleece me, the more you will milk me through the years. Don't let your greed rule you. That would be different, btw, - that very same different that you are pretending to be.

Best wishes.

Re: your review

I am not trying to make you work at all. I am simply asking you to provide us your account info so we can use your situation to better ourselves.

You take time from your day to post a review on how bad your experience was with us but when we ask you to take 30 seconds of your time to provide us with a 6-7 digit number so we can better the overall customer experience (something that I am sure you would have appreciated to have been better in your case), you essentially tell us to shove it.

If that is how you want to leave it, then fine, I will leave it as-is.

if you truly care about customer service and overall experiences you have with companies you deal with, then take the time to send us your info.

Have a good day.

Re: your review

>> provide us your account info so we can use your situation to better ourselves

This is called user experience research and companies that want to improve pay for it, because it's work.

Will this help: cancellation 625854X367273 ?

Thank you.

This will help. Thanks.

Investigation

Hi Unavailable,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for providing the account info.

Keith and I have reviewed the account in great detail and here is a small summary of the things we could have done better in my opinion (please correct me if I am wrong):

1) You called in prior to placing your order and our associate failed to inform you that you should be submitting a cancellation for your existing Telus services for the same date that we would be installing services. This would of avoided your order being rejected.

- I will be sending an email to that associate's leader to ensure proper coaching is delivered to ensure this does not happen again.

2) Due to the rejection provided in point 1, this led you to the cancellation of your service. We did review the call between you and Kyle (the cancellation call) which in my opinion could have been handled much better on our end. I am quiet upset on how this call was handled on our end.

- I will be having a discussion with Kyle's leader and also the head of Customer Service to ensure this is appropriately coached. This includes his behaviour, the Shipping/Restocking fee you should not be charged that he said you would be & the miscommunication to you where you had asked for a follow-up email on what needed to be done to fully cancel the account. He should of had advised you that he was performing the final step of the cancellation.

3) A few minutes after your cancellation call, I see that you updated a web ticket that we had originally opened once the order was rejected. You had stated that you had not received an email from Kyle that he had promised you. We had responded to your email stating that you would need to call in to cancel your services.

- This was incorrect as the associate should had known by reading the notes on your account that you had already cancelled the account a short while prior. I will email this associates leader to ensure appropriate coaching is delivered.

Here is what I am going to do for you in regards to your cancellation:

1) I see that you did not pick up the modem, so I will be calling Canada Post to ensure they send it back to us.

2) On Monday, I will speak with our accounting department to ensure we send you a full refund. Refunds are performed via checque. If you would prefer to receive it via EFT, please let me know and I will have someone reach out to you on Monday to collect the needed details for that.

I do have one favour to ask. Although your first impression of us was quickly tarnished but us not providing you the correct information causing a rejection, I feel that your rating in this review is not correctly reflecting your experience. What I mean by this is that you rated a few items at 0 however you never actually got far enough to experience those experiences of our services. Example, you rated Tech Support at 0 but your service was never installed, nor did you ever speak to them. Connection reliability, you put 50 however you never had service with us.

I am not asking you to provide us a good rating as we clearly dropped the ball on your situation however I would appreciate if you could N/A the parts that are not pertinent to your experience.

Please let me know on the refund method and we will touch base with you on Monday.

Thanks,

Re: Investigation

TSI Andre,

It's a rarity to see a man who does his job.

I removed the ratings for what I did not last long enough to experience. (I rated these options in the first place because I did not know I could leave a few radio buttons blank.)

EFT sounds good.

Thank you.

Re: Investigation

You are very welcome and thank you as well. I will have someone contact you Monday for the eft info.

Have a good weekend

Call

Call should be coming your way shortly.

Re: Call

And so it did. So far so good. Thank you.

Re: Call