TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by windowswill See Profile

• Location: Chatham,ON
Good "Variety of services, fairly consistent speeds"
Bad "Poor customer service as the company grows."
Overall "Old Teksavvy was good. Avoid the new Teksavvy if you can..."

I have been a Teksavvy customer since 2009 when I signed up for phone and DSL. The staff was knowledgeable, and the service was great. When I moved to a new place, I was asked if I wanted to participate in a beta test of their new cable service. Being the gigantic techie that I am, of course I said yes.

I signed up for the 14mbps unlimited package and paid full price, plus the $99.95 for the all new modem and the $65 for installation. I kept paying my $42.88/mo despite constant outages and slowdowns because I knew they were working out the kinks and in the end, I'd have a great cable internet service to look forward to. And I did, until the day the cable packages officially came online, at which point I found out that I had been reduced from unlimited to a 300GB cap.

I don't particularly recall if I complained, but knowing myself, I most likely did. But I have accepted that I had a 300GB cap until recently when the CRTC rules changed for internet plans to feed more money to the Robelus big 3... At this point, Teksavvy had grown massively and I received an email informing me that I would have to change to a more expensive plan if I wanted to keep a truly high speed connection. When I called in, not only were they very rude in telling me that I had no say in the matter, they also told me that I would have to buy a new modem in order to change my plan as mine was a DOCSIS 2 and I needed a DOCSIS 3 modem at a cost of $99.95 and they weren't going to take my old modem as a trade in, so there was nothing I could do about the cost.

After many phone calls and finally having to threaten court action just to get my feelings across, I was finally told that they weren't able to forcibly change my package to the 10mbps because of line issues. What I wasn't told, was that I had been quietly reduced to a cap of 150GB. So I have been stagnating with my connection, being careful of what I download and how long I play games online for the past year. But now it's time to move, in both senses of the word.

I'm moving in with some friends and we are keeping my internet, so I called Teksavvy to see about moving my service to the new place. I was, of course told that I wouldn't be able to move my current internet or my current modem. In fact, the only difference between this call and the calls a year ago is that they will take my old modem as a trade in for $20 credit toward a new modem. Too little, too late Teksavvy.

I have found a new company that will provide me a 20mbps/2mbps unlimited cable internet connection for $54.95/mo and $79.95 is their regular modem price. Compare that to $79.95/mo for the same thing from Teksavvy. Sorry Teksavvy, we've had some good times, but I'll be calling in this week to set a cancellation date...

Updated 8/4/2014: Forgot to actually rate the first time, so I fixed that.

Comments:

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

Hello windowswill,

It looks like there was a few things that you were not informed of. Could you please PM me your account information and I will gladly look into this with you.

Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

join:2011-08-24
canada

Hi again windowswill,

Thank you for providing me with your account information. I was able to look further into your account. It looks like we did not mention a few key points to you which was a bad on our part. When you came in to the office to make the initial payment, you had also made a change in speeds, you were not placed on the unlimited for the speeds you wanted to change to. You were on and placed on a 300 gigs package. This was an error on our part, you were on 300gigs for a very long time.

When the CRTC decision about CBB came around, we changed a bunch of our packages and you were switched from that 300 gigs to 150 gigs to retain the same price. We sent out emails to all of the customers affected informing them of package changes. However it looks like the usage limits were not included in the emails (only the name of the package was introduced). Our sincere apologies that these changes were not communicated to you properly.

As for the modem, the $20 discount on swapping from a DOCSIS2 to a DOCSIS3. It's something we have to abide by as our vendors are phasing out the older technologies. There has been full threads discussing this in this forum where we've explained in great details the reasons and in result we implemented the $20 discount to upgrade modems. I am unsure if the reason you were not made aware of this the first time around was because it may not have been implemented yet.

It's unfortunate that we will be parting ways on a bad note. I do see you looked into our ability to price match. Unfortunately at this time we do not. Hopefully we will do business with you again at some point.

I have taken this feedback and we will pass it on internally to improve ourselves going forward.

Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Review by MarkBogus See Profile

• Location: Edmonton,AB
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Tech Support was great"
Bad "Installation dates changed without notice, modem not configured correctly"
Overall "A few bumps in the installation, but well worth the switch"

I switched to Teksavvy from another independent ISP who could not (or would not) upgrade my 6Mbps ADSL connection. The order process went smoothly, and I received my new modem (Zyxel VSG 1432) very quickly. However my installation date was moved back twice and I was not notified; the way I found out was to post a message asking for confirmation of the install date on the Teksavvy Direct Support forum. I was also told that I had to be home for the installation (remember that I already had DSL service). This turned out to be incorrect because Telus did the install and activation remotely.

As it turned out, Telus did something wrong because I had no DSL connection. After running through the usual checklist, Teksavvy Tech Support submitted a ticket to Telus, and the problem was resolved in less than 24 hours (at no extra cost to me of course, since the problem was on the Telus side).

I had a DSL connection, but no internet access. So I contacted Teksavvy Tech Support via telephone, and we determined that my modem was not configured properly; it was set up for ADSL service when in fact I am on VDSL2 service. So we set up a new WAN Interface file and that fixed the problem. Tech Support was knowledgeable, patient, and persistent. I have nothing but good things to say about my interactions with them.

The connection is fast and stable: I am on the 25/2 DSL plan and I get 24.6 down and 2.8 up consistently.

»speedtest.net/result/2374894276.png

Overall, I am very happy with my Teksavvy experience thus far.

Updates to follow

December 24, 2012 Update

I started a Line Monitoring session on December 17, and received my first weekly report today:

Outage report as seen by new jersey USA ny-monitor.dslreports.com
--------------------------------------
UP 2012-12-17 04:03:39 - 2012-12-24 03:33:35 (1004 samples)
** Your IP had 100% reachability during the period!

Outage report as seen by san francisco USA 64.81.79.40
--------------------------------------
UP 2012-12-17 04:04:05 - 2012-12-24 03:33:35 (1003 samples)
** Your IP had 100% reachability during the period!

In fact the only issues I have had with my connection have been when I was monkeying with my router settings and had to reboot. Speed is consistently 24.6 down and 2.8 up.

January 16, 2013

One month on and very happy with with the DSL service. The Zyxel modem is rock solid reliable and the connection is stable and always up. I have learned that I cannot let TCP max out my upload bandwidth lest my download speed suffer, but hey, that is the nature of TCP.

March 30, 2014

The ZyXel VSG1432 modem suddenly failed on March 19, 2014, after 15 months. The failure mode was no PPPoE login in either router or bridge mode, and therefore no internet. After a couple of wrong turns with Tech Support, and escalating to Telus (remote line and DSL diagnosis) we determined that the modem was the problem.
I ordered a replacement, which arrived in 5 business days, and was back up and reconnected in about 10 minutes. Total down time was 10 days, which is not bad, considering my work schedule, Telus involvement, and the purchase/shipping of a replacement modem from Chatham to Alberta. Yes, it was inconvenient and frustrating, but I felt that Tech Support was always ready to help.

Comments:

JonF
Chatham, ON

"A few bumps in the installation, but well worth the switch"

Hello,

I'm happy to hear that everything is now working for you. I do apologize for the delay in your activation. If you require any further assistance, you can contact us in the direct forum (as you know), as we are always happy to help!

Have a great day!
rkaushik

join:2002-03-31
Tallahassee, FL

get service directly with Bell

Would not recommend teksavvy phone or internet service in the GTA. In GTA they lease Bell lines. Any install or service order has to go to Bell. If you ever have an issue, Bell will make sure that they provide the worst service possible to teksavvy customers. In the end the customer ends up getting screwed while it may not be teksavvy's fault.
My recent example: Phone line was down. Teksavvy filed repair ticket with Bell. Bell did some remote testing and determined that everything was ok without coming to my home to check if there was a dial tone outside my home. Bell closed the ticket. I called teksavvy back and they called Bell again. Bell argued but finally agreed to sent tech out. Bell tech determined that my telephone line had been disconnected at the neighborhood network box! I was asked to be home for a 5 hour window both times that Bell tech was supposed to come out.
In total I had service outage for 5 days for no fault of Teksavvy.
Lesson learned- however bad Bell is I would much rather have service directly with Bell. Bell now offers no contract service (internet and phone) like teksavvy and prices very competitively.
So why would you go through teksavvy and not directly to Bell? I had teksavvy for a long time because I disliked Bell but in the end what matters is my service uptime and not getting the run around. Interesting when I switched to Bell I was offered multiple installation windows for 3 hours and the tech called me before he showed up.
LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by rkaushik:

Would not recommend teksavvy phone or internet service in the GTA.

That can happen event if you are with Bell. My neighbor who is directly with Bell had intermittent phone service for over a week before Bell finally solved the problem.

Personally I would never go with Bell again.
rkaushik

join:2002-03-31
Tallahassee, FL

Re: get service directly with Bell

Unfortunately we are stuck with bell owning the lines. If it took bell that long then it would have taken longer via teksavvy and a lot more pain for the consumer via long and inflexible appointment windows, teuchs not calling ahead, brokering everything via teksavvy, etc.
LanAdmin

Not sure

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Hello MarkBogus,

Thank you for the updated review. I am happy to hear you are still enjoying the service. I regret to hear there was an issue with your modem, I am however thrilled to see we were able to send you a new modem and get you back on line.

Thank you again for the updated review. If you have any issues or questions we can always be reached through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Tsi-ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

Review by dgass See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "Great price, Awesome tech support."
Overall "I'm glad I have a choice!"

·Rogers Hi-Speed
I'm glad that I have a choice!

Everything that Bell should be. As an IT Consultant, I've been spreading the word.

Install date was given much sooner than I had thought.
Install completed on the day scheduled. No issues. Speed tests confirm speeds are as advertised.

Tech support is still great. DSL Side anyway. I can't speak for the CABLE side.

Still the best ISP I've dealt with. Again, since I'm in IT I deal on behalf of business's and residential alike.

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

RE:update

Hello dgass,

Thank you for your wonderful update! Glad to hear that everything is still going well for you!! Should you have any questions please feel free to either post a message in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum or call an agent at 1-877-779-1575.

Review by bobo1989 See Profile

• Location: Kingston,ON
Good "Competitive Pricing, MLPPP"
Bad "Connections Not Stable "
Overall "Worst ISP on the Market, Stay AWAY"

Nothing but problems for our internet services from Teksavvy from day one in the Kingston area.

Not just us but other customers as well. MLPPP server reboots, to random maintenance, corrupt PPPOE logins, Packet Loss, Dropped Modem Connections, Deny, Deny, Deny, then turns out to be a bad card in the DSLAM box. Where's the tech support? Whenever you call its like they are subcontracting you to be there on site technician, and paying you zero dollars... These are problems spaning all of 2012 - 2014... Worst ISP I have ever seen in my 27 years in the business....

Comments:

TSI Andre

Hi Bobo,

Could you please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can investigate what happened? I would like to understand more.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

End user network

I'm not going to defend TEKSAVVY'S end of the support, but... with the system we have in Canada where the local incumbent cable or in your case phone company (Bell) is the only supplier for end user networks, and how they require providers like TSI to jump through hoops to get issues repaired like line cards which are part of the end user network controlled/operated/and supplied by the incumbent, it causes issues like this to happen. This is not totally Teksavvy's fault, but the faults of the system the CRTC setup with no performance requirements by the incumbents.

Now before you get all "WELL I PAY TEKSAVVY AND SHOULD NOT CARE, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM" well.. technically it is. TPIA/WHOLESALE DSL does come with a 2nd level of understanding, where the 3rd party does not control the network they use to get to you, and it's provided by a monopoly. If you use a 3rd party, you have to accept that this may cause issues and need cooler heads and persistence to get issues resolved when it's about the end user network where majority of issues happen.

Hopefully this will change, but to be honest, you would have likely had this issue through any dsl based provider you would have. Perhaps it's time to switch to cable OR go with the incumbent directly. There is a pending decision coming that will hopefully fix these issues, but until then when using a 3rd party, you have to deal with jumping through the required incumbent hoops as they as of late have been treating 3rd parties as 3rd class to hopefully make the 3rd parties look bad and get customers back. Sadly it's working... If the 3rd parties go away, expect prices to jump and service quality to drop. 2 choices is not competition.

Le butt

@videotron.ca

Re: End user network

said by koreyb:

I'm not going to defend TEKSAVVY'S end of the support

But you will.
Then you actually, *actually* told this person it's their problem.

No need to say more.

Hi again Bobo,

I do to see that you have not yet posted in the direct forum. I sure would like to investigate more. Please let me know if you need help posting in the direct.

disregard

@teksavvy.com

Really?

Does anyone else find it odd that someone claiming "27 years in the business" just now joined DSLReports to post this scathing review, and also seems to not understand that a bad card in the DSLAM is not in TekSavvy's control, or how indie ISPs are largely limited by the competence and cooperation of incumbents?
Review is not worth the pixels it's written on.

Review by TScustomer See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Bad "Customer Service and Technical Support"
Overall "Their service has tanked as they've grown - stay away if you want competent service."

I have been a customer of Teksavvy for 3+ years at a former address and all was well.

It's now two weeks after placing a move order, 3 technicians have been to my place, 10+ hours on the phone with Teksavvy and I still have no connection. The so-called manager I last spoke to hasn't returned my call and two weeks in I -still- don't have email confirmation of the initial order! It's amateur hour at Teksavvy.

Like other recent reviews have mentioned they've grown too big. I've spoken to over 10 different representatives during days of calling and they simply pass you around the call centre with zero interest in your problem and no accountability. They'll fabricated titles of their colleagues, write incoherent notes if they're written at all, won't return phone calls, blatantly lie to you (was told senior support doesn't have direct extensions - days later I'm finally given a direct extension), and disregard simple requests (email confirmation of my move order)!

My worst experience with Bell was better than the gross negligence and lack of simple account management Teksavvy now offers.

When trying to escalate a call beyond a supervisor I was was informed in 24-48 hours a manager would contact me. Days later after the call was due I'm still waiting.

As a computer technician who has recommended Teksavvy services for years I can do so no longer. I will actively help and recommend my customers and friends change providers.

I will be closing my account tomorrow.

Comments:

TSI Andre

Review Update

Hello TScustomer,

A few of us just spoke about your account and we are all on the same page. Chris & Milissa are going to be your primary contacts to have this issue resolved. A lot of eyes are on your issue.

It was brought to my attention that you did not necessarily want to perform some troubleshooting to have your current issue resolved (No Sync turned into Slow Speeds) which really makes it difficult for us to get your issue resolved. As per your conversation with Chris, we are waiting on your no sync ticket to clear (should be by tomorrow morning) and if that doesn't resolve your issue, then we will open a raise to best ticket to see if Bell can see something wrong on the line. If they can't, we will need to troubleshoot for slow speeds to move this forward and for this we'll need your help.

We also have our Quality department reviewing your account so that we can provide coaching where necessary and make changes to processes that need fixing.

Chris/Milissa should be in contact with you with any updates.

TScustomer

join:2014-03-26
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Review Update

Andre,

With regard to the troubleshooting not performed today: I was contacted by Michelle this morning and she assured me a Bell technician would be coming to my door by 12 noon as per the ticket. I later received a call from Justin, the Bell technician, asking if my modem had sync, which it then did. He said he'd completed his work at the box; he's not coming to my residence (no need for me to waste the day off work), and that a different technician is doing some other line work in the area that should be finished by 2pm and definitely by 5pm and at that time my connection would run at full speed. Around 12pm Michelle called back and I explained what the Bell technician had told me. Upon hearing I had sync and speeds of a few kb/s she started the whole process of troubleshooting my equipment and opening a new ticket. Knowing what the Bell technician had said and having explained it to her I did not want to give up more of my time on a pointless exercise. Now that local line work is complete, according to the Bell technician, I will happily troubleshoot this issue.

Had you been fully briefed on the situation perhaps you would have refrained from framing this entire debacle as me being unwilling to perform unnecessary tests and not wanting to open new tickets before existing ones are even closed.

Perhaps uninformed CSRs shouldn't be calling customers to check on installation if their only response to problems is to place blame on customer hardware and open a new ticket. Two phone calls and one escalation later the real cause of the problem is confirmed on your end - local Bell line work. This is what I had initially told Michelle. Time wasted on that exchange alone: 3 hours.

Having many eyes on my issue is of no reassurance. I have spoken to 10+ Teksavvy CSRs and escalation leads me back to where I start - Account Managers. I've tried to reach a director and haven't even been told of that position until today despite asking, for days, to escalate above Account Manager.

On Monday I requested a call back from an Account Manager's superior and was told I'd receive a callback from a manager (perhaps they meant director - your CSRs use titles interchangeably and just pass calls between themselves). The 24-48 hour window I was given for the callback has expired and I have not been contacted by anyone beyond an Account Manager - the very position of person I spoke to when first discussing the move order. Clearly your company treats escalation with disregard.

This post only outlines the last three days' issues. There have been a series of mistakes and misinformation going on for two weeks now. I have documentation going back to the original order and will gladly go over what has happened issue by issue, day by day. I would again like to point out that when mentioning this to Melissa I was cut off. She offered no remedy to this chaotic situation and passed the buck to Bell. That is not a satisfactory response.

It is now well past 5pm - when I was assured by the Bell technician that my internet would be working at full capacity: 10M down, 1M up. The service is currently maxing out at 1k down and 1k up. The ticket, which I was assured would be completed by noon today, remains incomplete and there is zero recourse or accountability by the Bell technician or your customer service department. It should not require this much time, effort and energy to have DSL internet installed. Had I given my business to either Rogers or Bell this process would be long over.

As a happy customer for years, a computer technician and former Teksavvy advocate this ordeal has put me off Teksavvy entirely and I can no longer recommend anyone do business with this company. Your disorganization, inaction, arrogance and disregard of customers is simply stunning.

-TScustomer

Kindly reply to my private post as it further details the ongoing problems.

Re: Review Update

Will do.

I will respond in the direct.

Review by tracer99 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Great customer service for a 3rd party"
Bad "Still a 3rd party."
Overall "Best company to deal with for internet access."

I have been with Teksavvy for over a decade. I've always used them as a DSL provider as I prefer the consistency and reliability of DSL over the unreliable speed of cable.

I'm currently on 25/10 service but actually get 27/10 (conformed by speedtest).

I've had one negative experience with Teksavvy customer service. This was for my girlfriends connection years ago. Bell moved her line card and her connection turned to shit. It took over month to resolve the issue. This is not Teksavvy's fault, but simply the reality that Bell (and Rogers) sometimes screw them over and there is nothing that can be done. I personally have never had a support issue in over 10 years. Nor have I had a reason to complain at Teksavvy. (Bell on the other hand...).

If you can live with the rare instance of the upstream provider screwing over Teksavvy and you, it's well worth it.

Comments:

TSI Andre

2 edits

Hi tracer99,

Thanks for posting a review. I see that your review comments are pretty positive and I am happy to see that but the rating score provided paints another story. Is there anything I can do to help?

You can PM me if you prefer.

Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)
tracer99

join:2008-10-23
Toronto, ON

Re: Review

My brain reversed the sides of the score. Fixed.

Meh... It's Monday

Thanks!!!

Review by shopkins See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Good "Excellent Price, Smooth Conversion, Faster Service"
Bad "Still waiting to find one"
Overall "Excellent everything. Lived up as advertised"

I was previously a Bell sympatico subscriber but due to unrelated reasons I decided to switch to another DSL provider. TekSavvy had been mentioned by friends as a reliable, fast and not overly expensive DSL provider. I had also done some research here on DSLreports.

I called to ask to sign up while still a Sympatico subscriber. The CSR told me that I needed to call back ~7days before my Sympatico service was canceled because calling too far ahead would not make coordination easy. So I canceled my sympatico (reason given: need to have a fixed IP without signing up for a $100/mo Business account) and called TekSavvy back a week before my planned cancellation date with Sympatico. Setup of the account was a breeze (I had already converted to a TekSavvy Home Phone account earlier so they used the information already on file) and in fact spent more time chatting with TSI James about video games while he was "processing" my new DSL account. 2 days before the official Sympactico disconnect I called TSI Tech Support to make sure all was OK and then started the process of testing the modem on the line. After being unable to set up my SpeedStream 6520 (not a supported modem by TSI) I called tech and got some help until it was determined that I was connecting to TekSavvy but user error (mine) had set up the bridge mode incorrectly. Once I was set up and connected I sent a PM to TSI Jason (who had helped me troubleshoot the modem) asking to be put on a faster line. Check my line speeds to see the results of asking them to work on my behalf: »/testhistory/1553727/334f2

Overall I have had no problems and service has been excellent. I wish many of my interactions with companies was this pleasant.

Update May 2009 - 1 year in: No problems at all. Still getting a 6016/800 profile (interleave) and speeds are always good. Fixed IP, MLPPP (for future line bonding) and all the excellent TSI staff is well worth staying with the.

Update Feb 27 2010 - Human nature wants me to find something to complain about. I am unable to do so unfortunately. I am still satisfied with my TSI.

Update July 2011 - The system wants me to update my review... Other than rare disconnects I keep forgetting that I am getting DSL from TSI. It is totally seamless. With potentially new higher speeds coming I am looking froward to the good service.

Update Feb 2012 - I have upgraded to the 16M package package, and the only goof up was on Bell's part (poor wiring of the POTS DSL splitter / filter; stayed on a 12M profile initially). TSI logged tickets and resolved the issues promptly and courteously. Still happy to have my money (internet & home phone) going to TSI.

Update Feb 2014 - I had to leave TSI after moving to a new city and in a new home that only had Fibre. Was always excellent service (DSL and customer). Sad to leave but I will be on the lookout!

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Hello Shopkins,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy to see you used our service for many years with no issue. This is great to see. It is also lovely to see you had many interactions with many employees and all interactions were courteous and pleasant.

I am very sorry to hear that you have disconnected your TekSavvy service however I certainly do understand and apologize that we do not have the Fibre available are your new home. Please keep checking back with TekSavvy we are always adding new areas and new services. If we have Fibre in your area in the future we would be happy to give you all the information about the service.

Thank you again for this review.
TSI_Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

shopkins

join:2008-05-23
L4N8J7

Re: Review

Thanks. If I can make you guys my Long Distance provider I will stay on!

Review by TekSavvy123 See Profile

• Location: Edmonton,AB
Good ""
Bad "Never connected service. Blamed Telus and me, the customer."
Overall "Avoid at all costs."

TekSavvy has themselves grown into a Korporation where the korporate culture is to blame the customer for everything.

In my case, I transferred my DSL internet service to TekSavvy, but something went wrong with the transfer. TekSavvy had a casual, indifferent, and nonchalant attitude towards trouble-shooting the problem and was more focused on shifting the blame to Telus and myself than resolving the problem. I cancelled my order two weeks after service was suppose to start and requested a full refund. After I cancelled my order, TekSavvy suddenly focus on trouble-shooting the problem. TekSavvy is also refusing to refund any money. All this and more is detailed in the email exchange below.

See the full story at »www.cece.ca/TekSavvy.pdf

Comments:

TSI DaveP
join:2013-07-12

Please Post

Please post your account information in the direct forum so I can have this investigated.

Dave P.
Director of Technical Support

TSI DaveP
join:2013-07-12

Contact

Hello Roy,

We will be in touch with your shortly, we have found your account information and will resolve this to your satisfaction.

Respectfully,
David P.
Director, Technical Support

Review by SimplePanda See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "The best Canadian ISP. Excellent value and great support."
Overall "If you want value, reliability, and performance this is your ISP."

Having used / subscribed to both Bell DSL (including FTTN) and Rogers Hi-Speed (DOCSIS 2.0 and 3.0) services in Toronto, I can honestly say that TekSavvy is really the best ISP one can use if their services are available to you.

Performance is always great and on the rare occasion that there are any issues, the TekSavvy staff are available to answer questions both here on dslreports.com and via their support lines. Staff is very responsive and, knowledge wise, is the best ISP support staff I've ever dealt with.

- Reasonable usage and speeds for reasonable amounts
- Reasonable overage policy
- IPv6 beta service
- Excellent peering to everywhere on the internet (8ms pings to google.ca)
- Netflix Super HD / OpenConnect

You can't go wrong!

UPDATE January 2014: After 2+ years on TekSavvy VDSL2, Rogers (my local cable company) offered me an awfully good deal to come back to Rogers Internet service. Comparing the basic technical offering (150 Mbps, 10Mbps), I took the deal. Once it was installed and verified that it was working correctly for a week or so I cancelled TekSavvy.

I have returned to TekSavvy 2 months later (March 2014). Rogers just isn't worth it any deal. Once again using 50/10 VDSL2 on TekSavvy. Bell, unfortunately, put me on a Stinger (vs. a 7330 ALU) this time, but the connection seems OK regardless.

TekSavvy: Lower latency. Native IPv6. VDSL2 modems that are fully stable and fully supported in bridge mode with no compromises. If you have problems with packet routing for a service you're using, just post a message on DSLReports and it's likely a TekSavvy rep. can get an adjustment made, routing wise. In short, it's hard to go wrong if you're technically capable.

Rogers: Wildly variable latency (jitter) during primetime (due to the nature of DOCSIS). No IPv6 support (tunnelled, but not supported) with no announced or remotely discernible plans to implement it. Latest modems (the CGN3 "Advanced" device) crash constantly in bridge mode, so forget about using your own router. Support is a nightmare if you have an issue that's clearly on the Rogers side of the network.

Very happy to be back. Was stupid to have ever left.

member for 11 years, 803 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI ShawnS

Re:review

Hello there SimplePanda,

We would like to thank you for being a long time customer. We certainly appreciate your review. Should you have any other questions please feel free to either post in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum or call an agent at 1-877-779-1575.

Review by nanook See Profile

• Location: Waterloo,ON
Good "Works as advertised. Instant access if you already have DSL service."
Bad "None. If you want to read about Bad stuff go to the Bhell Internet ratings"
Overall "BettER than Bhell for 2/3 the price!"

Works as advertised. Instant access if you already have DSL service. No caps. No throttling. No bullshit. Just bettER service than Bell for 2/3 the price!

Updated 06Oct08: After almost a year with TekSavvy all I can add is that I am just as delighted with my decision today as I was when I made the switch from Bell. In the meantime I have migrated several family members from Bell to TSI and "encouraged" countless others to do likewise.

Updated 12Feb11: Still a very, very satisfied customer and still recommending to everyone I know who's still on Bhell to switch pronto.

Updated 12Apr13: Recently upgraded from 6/0.08 GAS to 15/1 FTTN. Upgrade went smoothly on the date promised. No downtime other than to reboot the modem. And the cost went down $2/month. What's not to like?

Updated 17Mar14: Nothing new to report other than the line has been rock solid.

member for 6.8 years, 2066 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Andre

Sweet!

Hi Nanook!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide an update to your review.

We certainly appreciate the feedback and your continued patronage.

Cheers,

Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

RE: update 17Mar14

Hello nanook,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a great update!!
Glad to hear that everything is rock solid, as it should be .

If you ever require awesome customer support please send us a message in the »TekSavvy Direct forum or give us a call at 1-877-779-1575.

Sincerely,