TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by simsin0 See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "First company in Canada to stand up for the consumers who were being GOUGED by the big TELCO's. This COMPANY cares!"
Bad "Got popular due to great service and pricing, has surge of new customers which are overwhelming the support staff atm."
Overall "BEST PRICE BEST VALUE! Great knowledgable STAFF especially Michael W! Marc, Jonathan & Andre on the forums are great!"

The only issue I could forsee for future customers is the install. This is tricky because it has a lot to do with the local incubent that is sub-leasing its lines to TEKsavvy. These companies often set Teksavvy at the end of the line for installs which is frustrating on a customer level. However Once installed the power shifts into Teksavvys hands and issues get handled much more rapdily for the customers.

member for 6.6 years, 487 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Cheers,

Andre

TSI Kris
join:2013-11-18
Chatham, ON

Updated review

Hey there!

Thanks for your updated review! We're definitely working on making sure installation goes smoother in the future, but we're glad to hear you're having a great experience with our service! Should something ever come up, just give us a shout over in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Thanks,

TSI Kris

Review by dsoegiarto See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Stability, Quality, Value and Support"
Bad "Installation/setup coordination was a little flakey and pre-sales was confusing"
Overall "Good value, good product. Can't go wrong!"

·TekSavvy Cable
Rewriting my review. Basically, installation is hell. That's all that matters. Still got no Internet. Got scheduled at 5 - 8PM, it's now 8:05 and still not a peep from the technician. This is after multiple reschedule. No less than a nightmare. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still sticking with this guy, until I remember that they have the best price and the best monthly cap.

Nothing else.

member for 4.3 years, 243 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Martin

Your review

Thank you for taking the time to review. May we possibly ask that you elaborate as to what the cause of the setup that went horribly wrong?

This may help us identify avenues of improvement.

Noticed you have already posted in the public forum & our upper management is already looking into this.

Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR

said by TSI Martin:

Martin

The posts in public forum is more than I can ask of TSI to look into.

Feel free to check ticket# 174507 (last year) and 175294 (this year) for more info.

It's the coordination with Bell that's more of a pain.

said by TSI Martin:

Martin

Even more update today to support my feedback. See ticket # 175294.

Ordered on the 17th, scheduled for the 26th, backup date on the 28th and 29th.

Today they're saying, my order is on the 28th, and Bell is just working on the 24th??

Wouldn't my order should be the 17th? Or 26th at worst?? How did I fall off the list?

The whole thing is a joke, and I'm being nice.

Re: Your review

Just an update: TekSavvy just went out of their way to do what they can to help me during my downtime by providing temporary solution. That's a 5-star effort in my eyes.

Unfortunately, ultimately, Bell is part of installation component regardless, and TSI could be a little clearer in communication.

So I'm bumping the stars, but still not a 5.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Re: Your review

Thanks for the update. We certainly appreciate it

Review by Brano See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Smooth browsing ;)"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Best ISP I've used so far ;)"

·Bell Fibe
Currently subscribed to 15/10 VDSL2 ($34.99+tax) package.

The service is excellent and there is nothing to complain about.

member for 12.1 years, 7382 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Alan
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

Thank You For Your Review!

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

Glad to hear you are pleased with the VDSL service. We strive every day to be different in a good way!

Regards,
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by ehoni See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Kind customer service, Willing to get the work done"
Bad "Lack of updates"
Overall "Finally online, very happy"

Called to get service on July 26th. Was told that I could have service by the 1st. Line dropped (my fault) and I signed up online. Some hiccups with payment, but that got worked out quickly.

July 31st received modem. Set it up and called in to see if the technician was good to go on the first. Nope. Earliest date is the 6th. No way to move that forward, either. Was informed that I would get daily updates. Received 1 email in the 5 days since, saying that Bell hasn't responded.

I understand that Teksavvy is a the mercy of Bell and their sub-contractors, but a clear channel of communication would be nice. Even if each day the email said "No response from Bell, but we will continue to check with them"

Will update to document my experiences.

August 8: Still no internet. I have been told that my service date was moved from the 1st to the 6th because of vendor delays, and that because of the vendor delays I will have to wait another 5+ days. No one seems to have a handle on when Bell will get off their rears and do something about it.

August 11: Finally Internet. Bell tech came, fixed some issues, then I was online. Those speeds, tho!

member for 24 days, 14 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Review

Hello Ehoni,

Thank you for the review. We do apologize for any delay with appointments. We are coming into our back to school season and it is our busiest time of year. Our vendors are currently delayed with their technician appointments. We do apologize for this.
In regards to communications if you can post in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct with your account information I can ensure your account manager knows you would like daily updates for your account.

If you can post your account details in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct we can assist you further.

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

TSI Chris K
join:2013-10-25
Hello Ehoni,

Thank you for the updated review.

Glad to hear everything is back online. Feel free to reach out to us anytime!

Thanks,
Chris.

Review by Dylan24 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Problem solved"

So my speeds are where they should be at, and I thank the reps that took care of these issues for me. I would say they were prompt and friendly.

Comments:

TSI John
join:2014-03-14

Your Review

Hello Dylan24,

We at Teksavvy do strive to make each and every customer a satisfied customer. We would very much like to look into this issue and get it resolved. Can you please post your account information in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can have a look for you?

John
Online Services Account Manager
Dylan24

join:2014-07-21
Toronto, ON

Re: Your Review

Thank you for replying in a prompt manner. When you ask for my account information, which info is it exactly that you're looking for? Would you like me to repost tis review in the Teksavvy Direct forum?

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your Review

My apologies for missing your reply here. Simply make reference to this review and supply the requested account info so that we can have a look (when you post in direct it will automatically ask you for the info we would need to locate your account)
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Calero27

join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

You have a line issue of some sort.

This is not a case of Teksavvy not providing the proper speed. This could be a line issue, a bad filter, phone cord, jack or modem. Lots of things can be causing this. Since this a physical problem changing to another Dsl provider will leave you in the same boat till the problem is resolved.
hightech

join:2011-01-03

Don't shoot the messenger

I have helped migrate a few friends to Teksavvy from Bell DSL and all of them had speed related issues. They were paying for 6mbps service and speedtest rarely got over 2 mbps (mostly under 1 mbps). This was an issue on the line (they were on old copper lines and not FTTH or FTTN settings. I have since got them migrated to Cable (Cogeco and Rogers) and their 20/2 and 25/2 speeds actually get 20/2 and 24.7/2 respectively.

Your problem is not really with Teksavvy but with the external line coming to your home or the lines inside of the home. As frustrating as this can be, blasting Teksavvy for the issue is like shooting the messenger.

You may be better served with a Cable connection if it is available in your area. With DSL, you either get great speeds or it just plain sucks. Rarely there is middle ground.

Review by ngraziani See Profile

• Location: Kirkland,QC
Good "Service was turned up easily with no need for a home visit by a tech."
Bad "Anomalous intermittent latency issues on occasion."
Overall "Excellent value for the speed and fixed IP address"

It really helps that they have deployed a lot of colo in the CO's. Makes turn-up extremely easy. Fixed IP and reverse DNS (PTR's) easy as well.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Review

Hello Ngraziani,

Thank you for the review for your TekSavvy services. I am delighted that you are enjoying the services in your area. I am also quite pleased to see you are enjoying the speeds provided and the static IP address.

I see you have mentioned that you notice intermittent latency with the connection. We would be more than happy to assist you with any issues you are noticing.
If you can send us a message in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct we’d be happy to assist.

Thank you again for your review. Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy services!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

Review by bradleyellis See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Excellent customer service and quick problem solving"
Bad "About the only thing I could complain about is hold times but even they were not unreasonable"
Overall "Easy and great switchover with excellent tech support"

Placed the order for the High Speed DSL 15+ on July 14th. I asked for a couple of weeks for activation because I needed to update all my accounts using my old Bell email address. Confirmed a tech install on the 28th of July by email on the 16th. Got the modem in a few days from Canada Post.

On a side note, I will say I do not like that the shipment was sent 'Hold for pickup' even though I understand why. Canada Post is notorious for leaving even high tech equipment on porches in full view of any nefarious people. For the $10.00 delivery charge, they could use a more reputable shipper but I digress.

Bell tech came on the 28th, checked the inside line and said it should all work. Tried to connect and got DSL but no internet. Called tech support and voicemail informed me of a long hold time but that I could give my number for a callback (LOVE that option!). Shortly, a tech called (didn't get his name) and we walked through a bunch of stuff. He could not even see an attempt to connect from my modem. We set a second WAN setting to connect at my old speed (7/1) and still nothing. He apologised profusely and said that a Bell tech would need to check the lines. No big issue, I kept my old service from Bell until I was sure the new one was running.

The next day, I received an email for a tech repair on the 31st, two days so pretty quick turnaround. The Bell tech arrived on the 31st and checked the outside box. He was not happy with the results and went to the main box to see if he could increase the sync. Came back, checked the outside box and was happier. Checked the basement line and the wall jack, everything seemed in order. BTW, kudos to the Bell tech, very thorough, addressed an issue with a jack that was pretty trashed and was informative and helpful.

Tried the connection and, BOOYA!, everything was a go. The upload speed in limited to about 7.5 but the Bell tech said that was distance, nothing Teksavvy could do about that. I had some questions (changing passwords, wanted to delete the slower connection speed from the modem), called tech support and spoke with Keegean. He spent the next half hour with me on the phone addressing issues and answering questions. Excellent customer service and knowledgeable tech support.

In short, I will have no compunction recommending Teksavvy to anyone who will listen. Great experience overall and I am very happy with the service as well. Great job, guys, keep it up!

Comments:

TSI Martin
Chatham, ON

Thanks for the great review.

Hello,

Thanks for the review. We always appreciated a detailed look on how things went.
Would you possibly be able to rate the 5 categories provided? We'd be interested in seeing what kind of score you would give us.

Enjoy the service!

Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR
bradleyellis

join:2014-08-01
Canada

Re: Thanks for the great review.

Done, Martin, sorry I missed that the first time through
reiyu

join:2014-01-08
North York, ON
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Thanks for the great review.

do you have the SR505N modem? if so check the maximum upload speed you can have in the home page of the modem. what happened to me when i first signed up, they told me i can only have 7 because of the distance, well that can't be right since the stinger is right outside my apartment. it seems that they put me on the wrong profile with only 7 upload. i called up teksavvy to change my profile to 15/10 and not 15/7.

Review by MacGyver See Profile

• Location: Russell,ON
Good "Great price, no contract, tech support that cares and works hard to solve problems"
Bad "At the mercy of the local telco for installation and repair, expensive service changes"
Overall "Happy to be a Teksavvy customer on IPv6"

I chose Teksavvy for my home phone and internet needs mainly because of the excellent rapport they have built here in the DSLR community.

Submitted my order over the phone, and it sure is nice to start your call by talking to a human being that cares, instead of a machine that wants to know what language of voice mail maze you would prefer. The support reps I've talked to are very knowledgable, and actually have a sense of humor!

August 8th 2009: Received my Teksavvy PPPoE login via email, and it works great. Still have a lot of hurdles to get over, mainly the question of whether I will have any interruption of internet or telephone service as my official switchover date of August 18th approaches.

August 16th 2009: It was only because my PPPoE login for Bell and Teksavvy stopped working that I called TekSavvy and found out two days before my activiation date that Bell rejected my order to transfer services to Teksavvy, for "no apparent reason." Rep restored my PPPoE login immediately. I'm somewhat disappointed I wasn't contacted by Teksavvy as soon as the order was rejected. But, to their credit, Teksavvy jumped on this right away to try and make things right - on a Sunday, no less!

August 26th 2009: There were also issues with switching long distance and local phone to Teksavvy which took a while to sort out what ended up being quite a mess, but it was worth it to be rid of two other overpriced services I had before. Long distance to Germany is 3 cents a minute now!

September 4, 2009. I received my first invoice and there was one small error. One call to Teksavvy, they cancelled the invoice and sent me a new one via email the next day! The "other guys" would have never have issued a corrected invoice, and insist on full payment of the erroneous bill, even if I threatened to cancel. Thanks for realizing the customer is always right!

October 24, 2009: Been with Teksavvy for two full months now, and the service has been rock solid. I'm totally satisfied and contract free!

June 20th 2010: I'm moving. See comment above from August 16, 2009. The exact same thing happened AGAIN. Move order cancelled for no reason, PPPoE login suspended, I only found out about it when I called tech support to find out why my connection was lost... And I haven't even moved yet! I'm extremely disappointed having to deal with this again.

June 25th 2010: Move completed. Services up and running AOK. Long distance wasn't working but one call fixed that. Hold times for tech support are getting longer.

Jan 17 2012: Download speed upgraded to 625 kb/s. But I had to fight to get it.

Mar 15 2012: New monthly package including 75GB for $30 instead of 300GB for $35 (I've never gone over 40 GB so this is perfect for me). Thanks, Teksavvy!

Nov 9 2012: Still happy!

Apr 2013: Price dropped from $29.99 to $26.99! How many companies in this day and age DROP prices for customers?

Oct 2013: Since Teksavvy lowered the Dry Loop Fee to only $5, I decided to dump my POTS service and port my existing number over to VoIP. This would save me about $32 a month. First thing was to activate a new dry DSL service on my second pair so I could have uninterrupted service, since porting my number would cancel all services associated with that number. The new dry DSL service was activated on the date agreed, Oct 18, 2013. Unfortunately with this change I had to pay $50 for a new service and the first month up front.

Nov 2013: My latest invoice had several errors due to all the recent changes I requested in my service, but posting a message in the TekSavvy Direct forum got things corrected in less than 24 hours. The Direct forum is wonderful because I can communicate with my ISP without spending valuable time on the phone.

Jul 2014: Now using IPv6 via DHCP-PD under the TekSavvy IPv6 beta program. Seems to work great so far. I'm very pleased to be a part of this pioneering effort as the available IPv4 addresses are finally starting to dwindle to the point where something has to be done.

Jul 2014: A new DSL modem allowed Teksavvy to tweak my profile to get a bit more upload and download speed.

member for 12.8 years, 6052 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Serop

join:2003-06-20

nice timeline!

did not read it all though, but it's good idea to track your experience

TSI Jon
join:2011-08-24
canada

Happy

Glad that you are still happy with us and we will continue to make you happy. If there is ever anything we can help you with you know where we are.

Thanks for the review again!

TSI Jonathan
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Your November review

Hello,

Glad to see the Direct Support page was able to help you... Always glad to help you out when ever you need it.

Best Regards,

TSI Jon
join:2011-08-24
canada

1 recommendation

Update

Thanks for updating your review. Happy to see you are enjoying our IPV6!

Review by xtrike See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Affordable, Consistent, Unlimited 2-8am."
Bad "None for me at this moment."
Overall "Best ISP in Canada if you have the guts to change."

Well it already been at least 3 years that I'm with TekSavvy, and it time that I finally post a quick review.

For these past 3 years, TekSavvy is the greatest service that I ever had, without any major problem to complain.
My installation that happen about 3 years ago went really smoothly. It got hook up right away when disconnecting from my last provider.
The day that I upgraded my package from 6/1 to 15/1, it went like my installation process, it was just impeccable!

About gaming, really stable latency most of the time, rarely losing packet.

Bad thing that happen, none at this moment, that I can remember.

If TekSavvy is ever available for you, you should at least it give it a shot!
And once you go TekSavvy, you never go back to ... you know what!

member for 7.7 years, 482 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI JonD
join:2013-07-29

Review.

Hello there xtrike,

Thanks so much for this review and for your kind words! I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed your services with us. It is always very much appreciated to see positive reviews such as this.

Best regards,
Jon

Review by Paul1298 See Profile

• Location: Oshawa,ON
Good "Rock solid service."
Bad "calling can be a real pain"
Overall "Best bang for the buck. On-line support is second to none."

Well it's been 3 years now so I will finally post a review on TekSavvy's DSL.

First off, I do not have a home phone or cable television service so I have a dry-loop for DSL ($5 a month for the dry-loop, or "free" if I had active phone service from Bell). The dry-loop was installed while I was at work by bell (had a family member who's retired, wait for the bell tech who came on-time, and didn't even step foot into my house.) After the dry-loop was installed, a member of teksavvy or a contractor on their behalf came-by a couple hours later (I was home for that) to set up the phone jack wiring and set-up my modem. There were some issues with that (PPPOE log in errors) But he was able to connect to the network with his modem and left after that with out me being able to log-in, and I was fine with that as I was sure it was an issues with log-in info. Turns out my password was incorrect but a quick call into TekSapport fixed that. Had rock solid service for a year or so.

Had an issue with speeds, when it dropped from 15mbit to 6mbit at random one day so I called in, and was asked if I would be okay with them sending out a bell tech to check my lines and if there was nothing wrong that I would have to pay $90 or something like that. I was very, very against that to the point of canceling... But I found dslreports.com and then found the tek direct forum, posted my issue, got a reply within an hour, and it was fixed. May upgrade to a higher speed tier, initial cost of new modem and speed change charge is all that is holding me back.

TL;DR

Great service. Use direct forum for any issues.

member for 1.4 years, 115 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

RE:Review

Hello Paul1298,

Thank you for your kind review!

I'm glad to read that your install went great and that you've had rock solid service for a little over a year!

With DSL, any repair ticket that we open requires agreement to the diagnostic maintenance charge. Our vendor will test up to the demarcation point. If the problem is determined to be internal wiring or equipment, you would be charged this fee. We do our best to troubleshoot everything in order to rule out internal wiring as much as possible. This doesn't guarantee that our vendor will not charge the fee however, this would only decrease the chances.

I hope that this explains the fee.

Feel free to send us a message in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum should you encounter any other issues.

Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

kevin123321

@174.88.96.x

tech savvy

I am going to try them for the first time I am changing my internet from bell
I let you know guys as soon as posible