TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Dylan24 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Friendly staff"
Bad "Not even a fraction of the speeds, and was overcharged."
Overall "Unless you actually get the speeds you pay for, not worth it."

Started with TekSavvy a month ago. I initially ordered the 7Mbps package with 300GBs bandwidth, only to change it shortly after to something better suited to me, being the 6Mbps package with 75GB bandwidth. Well first off, on my first bill I was charged for the 300GB usage plan, even though I cancelled that order and changed it to the 75GB smaller plan. Im hoping to see the change on my next bill as well as a credit for the mixup with the first bill. This isn't a major issue, and Im sure it will be resolved promptly. The main reason for creating this review though, is for my next point. Im paying (currently, above and beyond) for up to 6Mbps download speed and 800Kbps upload speed, but when I get on Speedtest.net to test my ISP speeds, I have 0.05Mbps download and 0.03 upload. Ive done this multiple times on different days, and the highest numbers Ive seen are 0.54 download and 0.04 upload. I understand that Teksavvy's promised speeds are approximate, and it states "up to" those speeds, but really, not even 1Mbps?... Im getting the smallest fraction of service that I thought I would be paying for, and Im upset about it. Quite frankly, those speeds aren't worth my money at all (apparently, it will currently take me 6 hours to download one music album). I did quite extensive research on what company I wanted to give my business to, and Teksavvy seemed like the one for me. I knew I could deal with occasional breaks in the connection or waiting slightly longer for maintenance work to be done, but I didnt know I'd be paying for internet which is basically unusable. For the extra few dollars a month, I would rather switch over to a different company to get the speeds promised to me, or at least close to them. I think that's what will happen unless TekSavvy is able to boost my speeds, bring my monthly charges to the correct amount, and ultimately, make me a satisfied customer.

The one good thing I can say is that all of the Teksavvy representatives I talked to on the phone seemed very cheerful and intent on making my life easier and, essentially, me a satisfied customer. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week

Comments:

TSI John

Your Review

Hello Dylan24,

We at Teksavvy do strive to make each and every customer a satisfied customer. We would very much like to look into this issue and get it resolved. Can you please post your account information in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can have a look for you?

Dylan24

join:2014-07-21
Toronto, ON

Re: Your Review

Thank you for replying in a prompt manner. When you ask for my account information, which info is it exactly that you're looking for? Would you like me to repost tis review in the Teksavvy Direct forum?

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your Review

My apologies for missing your reply here. Simply make reference to this review and supply the requested account info so that we can have a look (when you post in direct it will automatically ask you for the info we would need to locate your account)
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Calero27

join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

You have a line issue of some sort.

This is not a case of Teksavvy not providing the proper speed. This could be a line issue, a bad filter, phone cord, jack or modem. Lots of things can be causing this. Since this a physical problem changing to another Dsl provider will leave you in the same boat till the problem is resolved.

Review by JMJimmy See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Best communication & honesty I've had from an ISP"
Bad "Bigger means a harder time keeping quality up"
Overall "Worth it."

Update 3:

I was able to get a SmartRG and that has resolved most all of my issues. It has some unresolved issues itself but they are relatively minor. Overall support has been excellent for DSL and I am extremely happy with my service. Andre and Marc did everything they could to try to get sync-no-surf resolved before I switched modems - to the point of getting me on beta firmware from Bhell. Way above and beyond. Cable support for my mother-in-law's account is still sub-par, unfortunately. They've got a lot of work to do to get the Cable end up to the DSL support level.

Oh, and price went down - woot!

Update 2:

New cons: Unfortunately support quality is down. I recently called in for my mother-in-law on her Cable package and was not impressed with the level of knowledge the support rep had nor her ability to communicate. My current Stinger + Sagemcom SNS issue is still ongoing after a year.

New pros: Support wait times are way down from my last update, SmartRG modems now available (though doesn't do me much good as I can't get one on my rental package and can't afford the layout for a new one), possibility of unlimited data in exchange for reduced speed during prime time.

Update:

New Cons:

Growing pains. Support wait times are way up currently but likely to come down soon. Their success has not been without issues, however, they have not sacrificed overall quality for expediency.

They've also had some issues dealing with problems I've experienced - to their credit they put one of their technical leads on the problem who worked with a Bhell Repair Manager to try and solve the issue but both were stumped. It comes down to defective slam switches + bad firmware from Bhell so I can't fault TSI too much for that.

New Pros:

Price!!! I asked for cheaper, I got cheaper! $39.99 + ~$7(dryloop fee) for 25mbps/10mbps VDSL - a 19mbps/9.2mbps increase for the same price I was paying before.

More transparent and accessible than ever. Highly recommended.

________________________________________________________________

Cons:

Few... sales wasn't as informed as I would have liked them to be about the technical end, but by far more knowledgeable than Bell's tech support so kudos.
Install takes a few days longer than it should, but again, wholesaler issue - nothing can be done for the first 3 days it seems just because of Bell's crap.

Pros:

Everything else. Intelligent tech support that actually listen if there's an issue (no canned Q&A), fast response to everything, communicative, honest, and relatively inexpensive.

I would like a better price ($39.95+$4 for MLPPP + band charges + tax) but for unlimited bandwidth and throttle bypass it's worth it. It's also $15 cheaper than my previous Bell contract which was only 2mbps faster and capped + throttled.

member for 6 years, 797 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

RE:No one better

Hello JMJimmy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It has been a constant battle with the wait times. We are definitely getting the wait times to come down by a large margin. We are still hiring more staff. In fact two new technical support teams have just begun their training. As soon as they complete their training we anticipate a great drop in wait times.

Thanks again for your feedback.

TSI Shawn
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

novatelus

join:2013-06-22

Re: RE:No one better

DELETED

Review by mrbojangles0 See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Absolutely nothing."
Bad "No internet for 3 weeks. Was hung-up on by representative. Still no internet."
Overall "Take the retention deal from the incumbent ISP!"

I write this review on July 16 after a Teksavvy representative hung up on me instead of putting me through to a supervisor when they offered and I said yes. This is my review of the experience thus far with Teksavvy.

I put in for a cancellation on May 25 of Bell internet which would take effect on June 25. I figured I would set up the whole transfer early. I paid the upfront cost of approx. $250 sometime in May and gave the cancellation date of June 25 with a cancellation number.

Bell offered a retention deal of 25/10 with 400GB cap for $40 a few days thereafter. This was better than what I would be getting at Teksavvy but I turned it down since I had already paid $250. Something in my gut told me to take the deal and forfeit the money I already paid. I should have went with my gut.

Before June 25 I received a voicemail and email about "incompatible product on the line." I explained that I had given a cancellation date of June 25 so my internet was active. They said they would put the order through again to take place at least 5 business days after June 25. I was confused since I had a confirmation that my prior internet would be canceled on June 25 and asked whether it could be done earlier than the 5 business days. The answer to this was an unequivocal no. Fine, I would be getting amazing internet for a great price so I would just put up with the week of no internet.

On July 4 I received a call and email saying my order was rejected due to "incompatible product on the line." I call Teksavvy and explain to them that I had canceled and cited my cancellation number. I explained that I had no internet service at all. The account manager told me sometimes the USOCs (spelling?) do not get switched and I should call Bell and ask them for an update and to switch it. The sales rep told me if I cannot get the USOC switched that someone at Teksavvy could call Bell support on my behalf the following day. I called Bell right after and explained the situation and after going up to the next level of tech support they told me that the Teksavvy USOC had been put on the line and asked if I wanted them to take it off again. The Bell rep also told me that Teksavvy can call Bell Enterprise Support and see what the problem is. I said I would get Teksavvy to do that because both Bell and Teksavvy reps told me it was possible.

The next day (July 5) I called Teksavvy and explained the situation and asked them if they could contact Bell support for me. The rep I got that day was bewildered and said they never do that. I told her that the account manager from the day before said they would but she maintained her position. She said what would work is if the order was placed with my Bell cancellation number on the order since that was not done the first time. She said that was my best option. Considering I confirmed with Bell that the USOC was switched over 12 hours prior I figured it would go through citing evidence of the cancellation. She said there was a backlog of orders and to call and confirm the status of the order on Wednesday July 9. The order was placed for July 12.

On July 7 I got an email saying I did not respond to a support ticket. I called in and they said it was nothing. No status on my order.

I called on Wednesday July 9 and asked for the status. They said they had no update for me.

On July 12 I got a notice saying "not received an update from our vendor to confirm your installation." Essentially nothing was happening on July 12. I called and inquired about what would happen. They said the order would go through on the next available day and that someone would come to install the service "whenever". I explained no one would be home if it just happened at any old time. They said they would be happy to put in an order for me but that would start my five business day countdown again. I said I would stick with my current order.

On July 13 I cracked from lack of internet and bought a WIND mobile internet stick and 3g internet plan for $100 total. It's awful, but it is how I share my Teksavvy experience with you.

Monday July 14, no update. Tuesday July 15, "attention required: incompatible product on line." I called Teksavvy yet again and someone said they could call Bell for me the following day. This was weird as I could get no such assistance on July 5 and essentially wasted more than a week waiting for an order that did not go through.

Today I got a voicemail that Teksavvy called Bell. The gist of the call was that Bell said there is an active customer on the line with active service. I rush over to my phone jack as soon as I get home to see if I have some form of internet, Bell or Teksavvy. Nothing. I tried both PPPoE usernames/passwords. I was not billed for Bell internet within the last month either. Bell sent me my modem return box and my modem is gone too. As far as I can tell I have no Bell internet service.

I call Teksavvy to see what happened in the conversation between Teksavvy and Bell. The standard "call Bell" answer wasn't working for me anymore. The rep told me they were talking to "higher ups". After a long period on hold I was told to call Bell again and cancel my service.

I said that I had already canceled my service. I stated that I had been without internet for 3 weeks with this runaround. No one at Teksavvy seemed willing to help, only offering the same canned solutions like maybe I had FibeTV, or just call Bell. I stated my account information so many times to Teksavvy I had it down pat. This whole scenario makes no sense to me since I am in a bind where Bell says my internet is canceled and Teksavvy says it isn't. I explained that essentially Teksavvy had $250 hostage and that it would do nothing to help me with this. Telling me to "call Bell" is not a solution when that solution has failed already. I opined that Teksavvy should be able to do something because I couldn't be the only person with this problem and that someone should be able to help me.

The rep offered to put me through to a supervisor and I said yes please. They said something to this effect: "Before I transfer you there is one more thing you could try. The thing you can do..."

The line went dead and I have not been called back in an hour and a half. I guess 3 weeks is the maximum amount of time Teksavvy is willing to support its product, or lack thereof. I am convinced the hang-up was deliberate.

I've been on the phone with Teksavvy at least 4-5 hours total and with Bell for about 1-1.5 hours. I have received no service after paying $250 in May.

Teksavvy gets 0/10 in my book.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this month

Comments:

TSI Jon

Hello mrbojangles0,

I am terribly sorry to read everything you've went through. I have asked for one of my online account manager to investigate your account. Could you please post in the direct forum with your account information please?

»TekSavvy Direct

I will ensure that this gets followed up on and that we resolve this issue ASAP.

TSI Jonathan
mrbojangles0

join:2014-07-16

Re: Review

Thank you for your reply. I made the post to the direct forum but I will be going with another ISP.

Your Review

Hello mrbojangles0,
My name is John. I am one of two Online Services Account Managers here at TekSavvy. My partner Keith and I would like to look into this issue for you to try to get it resolved as quickly as possible. If you wouldn't mind can you please post in Direct your account details so we can have a look?

Review by irixion See Profile

Good "Prices, service, if you can get it working"
Bad "A lot..."
Overall "If you know what you're doing, no trouble I suppose"

So I initially ordered the high speed 25. Few days after paying TS called and said the maximum the lines in my area could support was 15/1.

The Bell tech came earlier than the time of the appointment. I only have one jack in my apartment, which is responsible for both the buzzer system and now the internet. The Bell tech set up the dry loop, and my internet wasn't working properly. The modem had not been set up for the ADSL connection and just had the default VDSL settings. So I had to call and figure that part out on my own (so much for plug in and use). The Bell technician also decided to hang out and chill in my apartment while I was on the phone for about 30 minutes...and on on top of that he ended up not installing the dry loop properly, which messed up my buzzer.

The SR505 Modem/Router combo appeared to be a good deal. $120 bucks + Shipping. Problem with that was, that the custom firmware on the machine has some issues with it that cause the unit to reset. On top of that the dry loop wasn't installed properly, so I was getting terrible speed, with terrible reliability.

So the TS customer service wasn't much help (they should really be telling people of how the unit resetting is the unit's fault and not the line's...or fix the firmware frankly). After doing some research I grabbed my own router and set the modem to do less, and let the router do all the network routing. No dropped connections thus far.

Even after the nightmare I went through figuring out it was the modem causing my connection drops, and then having my property manager take time out of his own day to come and fix Bell's terrible job at installing a dry loop, I'm still not getting the speeds I paid for.

Tech Support is telling me my modem says I can get this speed (17 000 kbps down and 1100 kbps up, on the modem's statistics page), so there must be some incredible overhead or just general, I don't even know what.

But anyhow, at this point I'm just taking what I can get, I'm really frustrated with TS, this 'modem' I bought (not worth 120 if you ask me, I can get an ADSL modem at Value Village for 5 bucks that wouldn't drop my connections.), and frustrated with Bell and the thing that frustrates me the most is the fact that they're to this day selling the SR505N, despite it not having firmware that works properly. Why sell a broken device?

So after some profile changes, I've gotten closer to my advertised speeds, 14.5 Mbit down, and 0.9 Mbit up, peaks. Regular speeds are around 12 Mbit down and 0.6 Mbit up. It's been improved but at this point I think it's the network and the lines in my buildings more than anything else. 12/.6 instead of 15/1, but the improvements have been great and we don't live in a perfect world. I'm glad that TS support here was more helpful than over the phone, and I'm also glad that they've done all they could to try and help with this issue.

The site was very informative, although it did say I could get the DSL 25 plan, when I can't.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Irixion,

Thank you for the review. I do regret to hear there was an issue with the installation and your apartment buzzer.

We would be happy to continue to assist you with your connection if you can respond to the direct thread we have open for you.

We look forward to hearing from you »TekSavvy Direct

canada

Update

Hi Irixion,

Thank you for the update on the review! I am happy that the team was able to assist you via the direct forum and get you closer to the speeds you are paying for. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us again.

Review by benp45 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Not too expensive, works ok when it does"
Bad "Very poor service, everything depends on Bell"
Overall "Only worth it if you're willing to spend lots of time waiting after people who don't seem to care too much."

With Teksavvy's DSL service, everything depends on Bell should there be any technical problem. Problem is, not only does that take way too long before Teksavvy actually contacts Bell, but on top of that you're left with a 90$ fee should the problem be "on your end" (and who decides that, I wonder.)

Long story short, we were left without a connection for a few days and no one really seemed to care about it being re-established asap.

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Hi Ben,

Thank you for posting a review. I am sad to see that you felt that no one on our end cared enough to fix your issue in a speedy fashion. We certainly do try to resolve issues as quickly as possible.

We perform troubleshooting as many issues can be resolved without the need of the incumbent on premise technician. Doing so also ensures that we cover all bases before a ticket is open as our vendors will bill us a Diagnostic fee if the issue is found to be on your end.

We do have some customers that don't care for the in the middle however it is always in the best interest of the customer that troubleshooting be performed.

I am not telling you this because I think you didn't do troubleshooting, I am saying this because many people find it to be unnecessary however it is warranted, and unfortunately does add some time (usually less than 30 minutes) to get the ball rolling.

If you could please post in the Direct forum, we would like to find out what happened on our side and where we can make things better.

Please reply here once you have done so and I will ask one of my teammates to investigate.

EDIT: You seem to have giving us a poor rating for pre-sales and coordination for the installation however you have only provided details for a repair call. Can you please elaborate or rate as N/A for those categories?

Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

Review by Progenator8 See Profile

• Location: Kelowna,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Unlimited, Cheaper and No Contract."
Bad "Initial fees, took a little while to get full speeds. Not able to show Usage for me."
Overall "Worth it"

For about $10-15 less a month I am getting 25 Mbps down and 6.09 Mbps upload and unlimited downloads..yes more upload than listed on the plan. I used Speedtest.net for the tests. The speeds also happen 'real world', such as when I bit torrent a Linux ISO.

The initial fees where pretty heavy in my opinion at $337 total, but now I will save money since I bought the ZyXel Modem.

When I received the modem I just followed the simple instructions and waited for the Telus Tech to come by and hook it up. The appointment was timely and quick but it did take two weeks to get the tech in...that is pretty standard for this area though. I have dealt with Teksavvy before in Barrie Ontario and always found the Tech Support good.

For the first couple of weeks the internet was slow at about 6 Mbps down and 2 up, but things seemed to have been resolved without me doing anything...I was too busy to prioritize this as important enough. Also I am not able to view my Usage through the Teksavvy Customer Portal, the page says that a problem has been encountered and to call instead for my usage. Nope.

Bottom line I am quite satisfied with the superior service/product that costs less and does not bind me into a lengthy contract.

It was a bit touchy at first but now six weeks in I am satisfied.

Comments:

TSI Jon

Hello Progenator8,

Thank you for the review! To answer your question about usage, we are still working on integrating usage into the MyAccount portal for our customers on Telus. If you do get curious, you don't need to call in if you don't want to. You can always drop us a quick message in the direct forum here on DSLr or on any of our other Social Media channels.

Thanks again and happy surfing!

TSI Jonathan

Review by Raphael See Profile

• Location: Saint-Lambert,QC
Bad "I do not recommend Teksavvy at all"
Overall "Alot of problems from the first day"

I ordered 15 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up with Teksavvy. They sent me a Bell technician after 9 days of payment in the morning. The technician worked for more than 3 hours and then he left my flat without internet service to be worked on Teksavvy modem (His Bell modem was working perfectly). when I called Teksavvy they told me please wait for the activation of your service and it will take 24 hours. So, that is the first complain because they told me before signing with them that the service will work with me when the technician comes.

At night, the service worked but with speed of 15 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up. So, this is the second complain. I paid for 10 Mbps Up not for 1 Mbps Up. I made alot of calls with them to solve the problem with no solution.

The next day, the service disconnected. So, this is the third complain with alot of calls.

Now the actual speed is 7 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up for now (of course I made all the tests without making any other activity over the internet). So, this is the fourth complain.

I tested the speed for several times on several sites and I attached it. I really want to refund my money but they said "no we can not refund your money"!!!!

I do not recommend Teksavvy at all.

Comments:

oceros

join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON
·Rogers Hi-Speed

2 edits

good ol' ma bell

Pretty bad experience you had.

It's worth noting that from what you describe, Bell screwed up your installation. They set the modem speed - and should have set you to the 15/10 that was ordered. If you got the modem from teksavvy, the modem would be pre-set up to make things easy for you. Buuut it was also pre-set assuming the install would be done properly. So that means the modem was not going to get you online.

That is something the technician should have noticed at the time of install, and also fixed immediately with a phone call. Since the install tech did not do that, a repair ticket would be needed to get bell to fix the mistake.

The complaints you have are very understandable. It's just worth knowing a bit of what is happening behind the curtain. If teksavvy asked bell for the right speed, then you got left high and dry by that bell tech.

·TekSavvy DSL

Everything is going bad with both of them

I made alot of calls with Teksavvy and Bell. Both of them told me we can not give you more than 1 Mbps Up!!!
Before signing up Teksavvy said to me it will not be 10 Mbps but 8.8 Mbps!!!
WOW Teksavvy was very accurate to mention the 0.8!!!
Everything is going bad with both of them...
Also the service is always very slow.
Here is my speedtest for the moment: (There is no downloading or any other internet activity while testing the speed + I tried alot of testing servers with the same slow speed)

join:2013-11-18

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for your review! That's not at all the kind of experience we want you to have and I truly apologize for you not getting the plan you wanted and signed up for, as well as all the issues you had with the installation and the disconnection the next day. I really would like to look into what's going on with your account and see what we can do to make things right. Could you please shoot us a message over in the »TekSavvy Direct forum?

Thanks!

·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Review

and what is the difference between "TekSavvy Direct forum" and Teksavvy customer support?
Another way of wasting time?
I WANT TO REFUND MY MONEY YOU HAVE NO SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM AND HERE IS A NEW SPEED TEST

join:2013-11-18

Hi Raphael,

I assure you we don't want to waste your time, quite the opposite. Another set of eyes on a problem never hurts, and a fresh perspective might be able to help you get this fixed one way or another.

Thanks,

Re: Review

OK I posted my problem @ »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
The direct forum is only visible to us rather than the public so it's a place where we can get your account info in private to investigate/action

Re: Review

you can see the post now!

join:2014-07-07
Waiting for the solution...

Hi Raphael,

I have moved the ticket you've opened via help.teksavvy.com to our online account management team. To avoid confusion and too many interactions over various channels, they will be communicating with you via the one ticket on help.teksavvy.com only. I am also having the online account manager call you to discuss things further.

Hello Raphael,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. I apologize for all of the frustration here and am sorry to lose you as a customer. I am glad though that we were able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.

Online Services Account Management

Mr. John
thank you for helping me refunding my money...

Raphael,
You are very welcome.

Review by rodjames See Profile

• Location: Gloucester,ON
Good "Great setup, no contracts. Tech support was great. No dealing with Bell, and the last true unmetered ISP in Canada."
Bad "None."
Overall "Buy a decent DSL modem, call in, and you'll be online in a few days. No contracts."

·loclhost.ca
I'm really happy with Teksavvy. Their service has been phenomenal since the start. Thanks, and please keep the unmetered DSL going!

Update April 2012: Still Unmetered!

Update December 2012: Speeds have been very steady, and still unmetered!

Update August 2013: I've switched to ATPIA rCable, and I'll be providing a review once I burn it in. STILL Unmetered!

Update June 2014: No longer unmetered, but I am now using Zap the Cap to provide unlimited downloads for a small reduction in prime-time speeds.

Comments:

TSI JoeC
join:2013-07-29
Chatham, ON

Thank you for your Feedback!

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy that the DSL has done you justice over time!

Once the switch over to Cable takes place, let us know how it is and if there is anything you need, please let us know!

TSI Joe

Chatham, ON

updated review

Hello Rodjames

Thank you for the updated review. Happy to hear you are still enjoying the service and using our new feature Zap the Cap. This is great to see.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are happy to help.

Thank you again for updating us on your TekSavvy journey.

Review by oxymoron69 See Profile

• Location: Corbyville,ON
Good "Lots of gigs for cheap"
Bad "they are limited by lazy incumbent carriers"
Overall "Pretty damn good option"

·Kingston Online ..
I subscribe to Teksavvys' grandfathered 512k/512k DSL service (syncing at 1mbit/512k) with a 300GB cap & ipv6. *edit* It's now 2mbit/800k with 300gb & ipv6

the accounting department is great (never had a billing error, always quick to get referrals added to my account).

*edit* Moving is a trying affair:
given many weeks notice of moving, I've had to devote at least 2 hours/week for the past 3 weeks trying to get my service up at my new house.
At 2 days to move in, I'm not at all confident that they'll get this problem fixed in time.
setting up the move order shouldn't take hours of my time to stay on the phone trying to walk a csr through the steps required to help me.

*edit*
it took almost a month after move in(and almost 2 months from the original order) to get 2meg dsl service, while waiting i was limited to 640/512k.

sales phone support is frustrating to be nice about it. My time was wasted by these ladies. Tons of time on hold 'checking with my supervisor'...

James in the direct forum was my saviour, i was close to bailing out altogether and would've cancelled if not for him and a couple of the more useful forum techs.

I hope i never have to move teksavvy service ever again, it's retardedly hard.

*edit*
A few months after my profile increase, it dropped again after I bundled it with another 2meg line from Bell. My bundle useless, I now just use my TSI login on my cheaper, faster Bell line.

*edit*
After awhile my line lost sync, they fixe it and it runs at 2mbit, my bell line is now cooked.
Tsi also knocked the price down 15/month.

*edit*
Years after signing up, TSI begins charging for overage, the eliminated my 512k/300gig plan and created 2meg/25gigs. After some positive back and forth it was upped to 2meg/300gigs

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Oxymoron69,

Thank you for this review. I’m sorry to read there were some mishaps with your move order and tech support when calling them for troubleshooting; however I am very happy to read that James in the Direct Forum was able to assist you with fixing your connection.

Are you currently having an issue with your connection? Or is everything working as it should? If you are having an issue or if you have any questions please feel free to message us directly in the Direct Forum. We are happy to assist you.

Thanks again for this review.
TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Chatham, ON

updated review

Hello Oxymoron69

Thank you very much for the updated review. I am happy you are enjoying the service still and that you were able to obtain upgraded speeds and were put back on your 300 gb of bandwidth.

Thank you for the review update. If you have any further questions TekSavvy can be reached directly in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct.

Thanks again,

Review by i_pk_pjers_i See Profile

• Location: Whitby,ON
Good "Fantastic support, 100% reliable connection, good speeds, Zap The Cap"
Bad "N/A"
Overall "One of the best TPIAs out there and in my opinion the best ISP in Ontario if not all of Canada"

On April 28th, I placed an order for Teksavvy DSL 50/10 internet with the SmartRG SR505n since I was previously a Rogers customer but I was sick of the local node congestion that I had become used to with Rogers (as many people complain about, and rightfully so) and didn't want to deal with it anymore. The install happened on May 2nd and went through without a hitch. The Bell tech that did my install was very savvy, very nice, very thorough and did a good job. Since I have gotten my connection installed, I have not had a single second of downtime, or any disconnects, or any other issues like these. Every question/concern I have had was answered within 15 minutes by Teksavvy which is quite frankly amazing. My connection speed has been rock solid 50 down 10 up the entire time and I have no complains whatsoever. Zap The Cap providing free unlimited in exchange for lowering down speed to 15 for 4 hours a day (8PM to midnight) is a great deal for both the ISP and its customers.

I cannot say enough good things about this company and about how happy I am with my internet connection.

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your review

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here. We always love feedback from our customers. I'm also glad you enjoy Zap The Cap, it's a fairly new thing here and as such it's great to hear it is well received!

Should you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

And hey, Welcome to the family!!

Keith
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )