TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by donkey See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
Good "I came back, the grass is NOT greener on the other side."
Bad "Nothing."
Overall "Zap the Cap makes my 300gig cap GONE!"

·Acanac
I have been with Teksavvy for a number of years now. I have never had to call them on the telephone, because they have their direct forum here at dslr.

Any issues, and when I say issues, have not broken my dsl connection with tek, have been trivial and more to the point of being stuck on a crappy lucent/stinger remote that both I and tek have no control over.

In closing, teksavvy has been great to me, their 300g cap with 2am to 8am grace period where it doesn't count (uploading doesn't count either for the entire month) I've easily stayed within my allotment for the month.

UPDATE: With Zap the CAP, I don't even care when I download, mind you my heavy downloads are scheduled for the 2-8am period. Sure my downloads are limited to 9 megabits per second during the times of 8pm to 12am, and I am perfectly comfortable with it.

member for 6.4 years, 2091 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Martin

removed.

Hi,

Thanks for your review. We always appreciate a good word from our users.

I'm waiting for an answer concerning the ON vs QC pricing for you.

Re: Your Review

I had asked Marc about it in the past, he responded that he explained it in another thread, sadly I couldn't find it.

Montreal, QC
It has been a few weeks, thanks for the reply/answer?

I could get a faster telephone answer than this! (that's sarcasm because everyone waits hours)

Re: Your Review

Ok I take back that last comment, apparently rogers put a hockey stick in tesavvy's spokes and grinded their phone support to a halt.

Re: Your Review

Good bye Teksavvy, it's been fun, but your inability to specify or prove why you have to charge me $7 more a month than someone in Ontario has driven me out. Godspeed.
JB Webs you say? Sounds like a SCAM to me!

Chatham, ON
Glad to see you are still a happy camper! Enjoy!

Review by simsin0 See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "First company in Canada to stand up for the consumers who were being GOUGED by the big TELCO's. This COMPANY cares!"
Bad "Got popular due to great service and pricing, has surge of new customers which are overwhelming the support staff atm."
Overall "BEST PRICE BEST VALUE! Great knowledgable STAFF especially Michael W! Marc, Jonathan & Andre on the forums are great!"

The only issue I could forsee for future customers is the install. This is tricky because it has a lot to do with the local incubent that is sub-leasing its lines to TEKsavvy. These companies often set Teksavvy at the end of the line for installs which is frustrating on a customer level. However Once installed the power shifts into Teksavvys hands and issues get handled much more rapdily for the customers.

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Cheers,

Andre

TSI Kris
join:2013-11-18
Chatham, ON

Updated review

Hey there!

Thanks for your updated review! We're definitely working on making sure installation goes smoother in the future, but we're glad to hear you're having a great experience with our service! Should something ever come up, just give us a shout over in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Thanks,

TSI Kris

Review by dsoegiarto See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Stability, Quality, Value and Support"
Bad "Installation/setup coordination was a little flakey and pre-sales was confusing"
Overall "Good value, good product. Can't go wrong!"

·TekSavvy Cable
Rewriting my review. Basically, installation is hell. That's all that matters. Still got no Internet. Got scheduled at 5 - 8PM, it's now 8:05 and still not a peep from the technician. This is after multiple reschedule. No less than a nightmare. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still sticking with this guy, until I remember that they have the best price and the best monthly cap.

Nothing else.

Comments:

TSI Martin

Your review

Thank you for taking the time to review. May we possibly ask that you elaborate as to what the cause of the setup that went horribly wrong?

This may help us identify avenues of improvement.

Noticed you have already posted in the public forum & our upper management is already looking into this.

Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR

said by TSI Martin:

Martin

The posts in public forum is more than I can ask of TSI to look into.

Feel free to check ticket# 174507 (last year) and 175294 (this year) for more info.

It's the coordination with Bell that's more of a pain.

said by TSI Martin:

Martin

Even more update today to support my feedback. See ticket # 175294.

Ordered on the 17th, scheduled for the 26th, backup date on the 28th and 29th.

Today they're saying, my order is on the 28th, and Bell is just working on the 24th??

Wouldn't my order should be the 17th? Or 26th at worst?? How did I fall off the list?

The whole thing is a joke, and I'm being nice.

Re: Your review

Just an update: TekSavvy just went out of their way to do what they can to help me during my downtime by providing temporary solution. That's a 5-star effort in my eyes.

Unfortunately, ultimately, Bell is part of installation component regardless, and TSI could be a little clearer in communication.

So I'm bumping the stars, but still not a 5.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Re: Your review

Thanks for the update. We certainly appreciate it

Review by Brano See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Smooth browsing ;)"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Best ISP I've used so far ;)"

·Bell Fibe
Currently subscribed to 15/10 VDSL2 ($34.99+tax) package.

The service is excellent and there is nothing to complain about.

member for 12.1 years, 7387 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

TSI Alan
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

Thank You For Your Review!

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

Glad to hear you are pleased with the VDSL service. We strive every day to be different in a good way!

Regards,
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by Gammavino See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "Friendly, Canadian tech support & customer service staff"
Bad "Trying to sign-up and get service without help from NASA!"
Overall "Not sure if everyone knows "

The whole process began on August 1, 2014. I found the web site, read through what was available to me in my area, found the package I wanted and followed through with signing up for service. Apparently one must need to mind read so as to answer the questions correctly. It seemed straight forward to me, and there were explanations for those who did not know what a wet loop or dry loop was all about. I selected what I anticipated having by the time TekSavvy would get around to connecting me and and migrating my service over from my present provider. Note that no where on the multi-step sign-up forms is there anything to distinguish between a "migration" and an "activation" except on the last screen where they ask for your 3 preferred "activation" dates.

TekSavvy was quick to take my money and responded very well with courteous emails telling me all that had transpired. Within a few days I had an email saying that a technician will be arriving on the first date (Aug. 21st.) to do whatever and get me going. That was great except it did not seem to be going as many other acquaintances had told me it would. I was concerned about the 30 days notice I knew my current provider wanted, and this date was ahead of that. I was also concerned that after another provider ported my phone over to their system, I still had a wet loop at my house when tested several days later.

So in the evening of August 11th I thought it best to call and ask a few questions to be sure about things. Well I really learned a lot from that! Apparently, everything is MY fault because I "asked for" an ACTIVATION and not a MIGRATION! As I said - there is no place to do this that I could find on their sign-up form. I was then told to give them my B1 number and my dry loop number - nothing that was ever asked for before. So I got my dry loop number and called back with that information about 30 minutes later. Now I am told there is already a dry loop number on the file for my ACTIVATION and it is not the one I just procured from my ISP half an hour earlier. So I then get a whole spiel about how "back-to-school" is happening and that my present ISP is working on orders from 6 days ago, and that I need to tell T.S. if I want to cancel the ACTIVATION and proceed with a MIGRATION in which case good luck to me in hearing anything for about 4 weeks minimum. There is so much more to this conversation that I cannot bother to type out here - it goes on and on.

The bottom line is that I believe that TekSavvy will deliver a good product for a good price based on many first-hand reviews from friends and relatives. Also, the Customer Reps I spoke to were very nice to deal with, and were well spoken and courteous and doing their best to help me. But the discussion was convoluted and proceeded to get more complicated as time went on. I finally settled on cancelling the order that would have activated me on Aug. 21st. and asked them to proceed with a "migration" (which I really wish I knew about 11 days ago!). This should help prevent me from having two ISP's at the same time and two bills to pay as well.

Apparently, I will be waiting a long time to hear any updates (4 weeks) on my status which seems way out there. I thought hearing something in a day or two would be more like it, even if the cut-over date was 3 or 4 weeks out.

I think it would be best if TekSavvy dropped the on-line sign-up procedure and have all new potential customers call for service, and get asked ALL the questions up front that are important to avoid all the mystery and misery. Then I suspect this issue would not have played out as it did. Failing that, they really need a major overhaul of that sign-up page if they wish to keep it. It seemed straightforward to me until I found out there apparently is hidden assumptions behind the answers provided. I didn't like being told that I asked for an ACTIVATION rather than a MIGRATION when I cannot find that I had a choice. I tried a dummy sign-up today and still do not see where I did anything wrong, but here I am out of $246 or so and now waiting...waiting...waiting.

Comments:

TSI John

Hello,
I am sorry about the experience you have had with TekSavvy. I would very much like to look into this issue for you. Would you mind posting your account information here »TekSavvy Direct so we can look into this for you?

Gammavino

join:2014-08-12
canada

Re: Your Review

I will do that John - thank you. BTW - I forgot to mention that where I was asked who my current provider was, I answered that from the drop-down list - which begs the question - why would I want anything but a migration if I already have a provider? I wouldn't need two...

Re: Your Review

Thank you I will contact you there after I have looked over the account

Review by ehoni See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Kind customer service, Willing to get the work done"
Bad "Lack of updates"
Overall "Finally online, very happy"

Called to get service on July 26th. Was told that I could have service by the 1st. Line dropped (my fault) and I signed up online. Some hiccups with payment, but that got worked out quickly.

July 31st received modem. Set it up and called in to see if the technician was good to go on the first. Nope. Earliest date is the 6th. No way to move that forward, either. Was informed that I would get daily updates. Received 1 email in the 5 days since, saying that Bell hasn't responded.

I understand that Teksavvy is a the mercy of Bell and their sub-contractors, but a clear channel of communication would be nice. Even if each day the email said "No response from Bell, but we will continue to check with them"

Will update to document my experiences.

August 8: Still no internet. I have been told that my service date was moved from the 1st to the 6th because of vendor delays, and that because of the vendor delays I will have to wait another 5+ days. No one seems to have a handle on when Bell will get off their rears and do something about it.

August 11: Finally Internet. Bell tech came, fixed some issues, then I was online. Those speeds, tho!

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Review

Hello Ehoni,

Thank you for the review. We do apologize for any delay with appointments. We are coming into our back to school season and it is our busiest time of year. Our vendors are currently delayed with their technician appointments. We do apologize for this.
In regards to communications if you can post in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct with your account information I can ensure your account manager knows you would like daily updates for your account.

If you can post your account details in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct we can assist you further.

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

TSI Chris K
join:2013-10-25
Hello Ehoni,

Thank you for the updated review.

Glad to hear everything is back online. Feel free to reach out to us anytime!

Thanks,
Chris.

Review by sabareeshwar See Profile

To be short, I placed an order on 24th of July. They gave me three tentative days for installation, aug 1st, 2nd and 5th.

On 5th I got an update saying Vendor have not responded.

I posted a reply at their help center page but got no reply, then placed a query in the Direct forum and they put me on the callback queue. Later got a callback and all the customer rep can say is the same thing, no reply from vendor and we are having a close eye on your file. I kept bugging him to at least give me a solid date when they can install, but he doesn't have that information and didn't want to commit. Said it may take a day or two or even later to even get a response.

On 7th another update same thing. I thought let me wait till friday. Nothing on friday either, my guess is they will not do anything on the weekend either. Oh to be fair, atleast give me a date. Can't you guys escalate it and get a date come on. Do you expect the customers to keep waiting for weeks without even knowing when they will get the service?

Before this review, I just posted another reply on their direct forum and waiting for a reply. Let's see where this goes!

Comments:

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

RE: Review

Hello sabareeshwar,

I understand that this delay is causing an inconvenience for you. I assure you that this is not a usual occurrence. Our vendor usually confirms a dispatch date within 24-48 hours after the order is pushed to them.

Our vendor is working very hard to catch up as quickly as they can. Your order should be confirmed within the next 24-48 hours. Thank you for your patience as we await our vendor's response.

Sincerely,
Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by Dylan24 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Problem solved"

So my speeds are where they should be at, and I thank the reps that took care of these issues for me. I would say they were prompt and friendly.

Comments:

TSI John

Hello Dylan24,

We at Teksavvy do strive to make each and every customer a satisfied customer. We would very much like to look into this issue and get it resolved. Can you please post your account information in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can have a look for you?

Dylan24

join:2014-07-21
Toronto, ON

Re: Your Review

Thank you for replying in a prompt manner. When you ask for my account information, which info is it exactly that you're looking for? Would you like me to repost tis review in the Teksavvy Direct forum?

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your Review

My apologies for missing your reply here. Simply make reference to this review and supply the requested account info so that we can have a look (when you post in direct it will automatically ask you for the info we would need to locate your account)
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Calero27

join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

You have a line issue of some sort.

This is not a case of Teksavvy not providing the proper speed. This could be a line issue, a bad filter, phone cord, jack or modem. Lots of things can be causing this. Since this a physical problem changing to another Dsl provider will leave you in the same boat till the problem is resolved.
hightech

join:2011-01-03

Don't shoot the messenger

I have helped migrate a few friends to Teksavvy from Bell DSL and all of them had speed related issues. They were paying for 6mbps service and speedtest rarely got over 2 mbps (mostly under 1 mbps). This was an issue on the line (they were on old copper lines and not FTTH or FTTN settings. I have since got them migrated to Cable (Cogeco and Rogers) and their 20/2 and 25/2 speeds actually get 20/2 and 24.7/2 respectively.

Your problem is not really with Teksavvy but with the external line coming to your home or the lines inside of the home. As frustrating as this can be, blasting Teksavvy for the issue is like shooting the messenger.

You may be better served with a Cable connection if it is available in your area. With DSL, you either get great speeds or it just plain sucks. Rarely there is middle ground.

Review by ngraziani See Profile

• Location: Kirkland,QC
Good "Service was turned up easily with no need for a home visit by a tech."
Bad "Anomalous intermittent latency issues on occasion."
Overall "Excellent value for the speed and fixed IP address"

It really helps that they have deployed a lot of colo in the CO's. Makes turn-up extremely easy. Fixed IP and reverse DNS (PTR's) easy as well.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Review

Hello Ngraziani,

Thank you for the review for your TekSavvy services. I am delighted that you are enjoying the services in your area. I am also quite pleased to see you are enjoying the speeds provided and the static IP address.

I see you have mentioned that you notice intermittent latency with the connection. We would be more than happy to assist you with any issues you are noticing.
If you can send us a message in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct we’d be happy to assist.

Thank you again for your review. Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy services!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

Review by bradleyellis See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Excellent customer service and quick problem solving"
Bad "About the only thing I could complain about is hold times but even they were not unreasonable"
Overall "Easy and great switchover with excellent tech support"

Placed the order for the High Speed DSL 15+ on July 14th. I asked for a couple of weeks for activation because I needed to update all my accounts using my old Bell email address. Confirmed a tech install on the 28th of July by email on the 16th. Got the modem in a few days from Canada Post.

On a side note, I will say I do not like that the shipment was sent 'Hold for pickup' even though I understand why. Canada Post is notorious for leaving even high tech equipment on porches in full view of any nefarious people. For the $10.00 delivery charge, they could use a more reputable shipper but I digress.

Bell tech came on the 28th, checked the inside line and said it should all work. Tried to connect and got DSL but no internet. Called tech support and voicemail informed me of a long hold time but that I could give my number for a callback (LOVE that option!). Shortly, a tech called (didn't get his name) and we walked through a bunch of stuff. He could not even see an attempt to connect from my modem. We set a second WAN setting to connect at my old speed (7/1) and still nothing. He apologised profusely and said that a Bell tech would need to check the lines. No big issue, I kept my old service from Bell until I was sure the new one was running.

The next day, I received an email for a tech repair on the 31st, two days so pretty quick turnaround. The Bell tech arrived on the 31st and checked the outside box. He was not happy with the results and went to the main box to see if he could increase the sync. Came back, checked the outside box and was happier. Checked the basement line and the wall jack, everything seemed in order. BTW, kudos to the Bell tech, very thorough, addressed an issue with a jack that was pretty trashed and was informative and helpful.

Tried the connection and, BOOYA!, everything was a go. The upload speed in limited to about 7.5 but the Bell tech said that was distance, nothing Teksavvy could do about that. I had some questions (changing passwords, wanted to delete the slower connection speed from the modem), called tech support and spoke with Keegean. He spent the next half hour with me on the phone addressing issues and answering questions. Excellent customer service and knowledgeable tech support.

In short, I will have no compunction recommending Teksavvy to anyone who will listen. Great experience overall and I am very happy with the service as well. Great job, guys, keep it up!

Comments:

TSI Martin
Chatham, ON

Thanks for the great review.

Hello,

Thanks for the review. We always appreciated a detailed look on how things went.
Would you possibly be able to rate the 5 categories provided? We'd be interested in seeing what kind of score you would give us.

Enjoy the service!

Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR
bradleyellis

join:2014-08-01
Canada

Re: Thanks for the great review.

Done, Martin, sorry I missed that the first time through
reiyu

join:2014-01-08
North York, ON
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Thanks for the great review.

do you have the SR505N modem? if so check the maximum upload speed you can have in the home page of the modem. what happened to me when i first signed up, they told me i can only have 7 because of the distance, well that can't be right since the stinger is right outside my apartment. it seems that they put me on the wrong profile with only 7 upload. i called up teksavvy to change my profile to 15/10 and not 15/7.