Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1937 reviews (1455 good) (144 bad)

Review by RJW1678 See Profile

• Location: Wilmington,New Castle,DE
Good "Ordered a double play with Digital Voice Unlimited and FIOS Quantum Internet 50/25."
Bad "Found out that the copper telephone wiring in the house was a real mess."
Overall "Everything is working. It is very fast."

Ordered 50/25 and it is running at 58/37 so I am getting everything that I am paying for. The tech said my old phone wiring in the house is shorted somewhere. I have one phone jack now working correctly - so I have switched to cordless phones. The install went real good,took about 2.5 hours - 57/37 is real fast. The ONT is a Motorola 1000GT4 - Router is an Actiontec MI424WR Rev I - Motorola BBU with 12V 8AH Battery.

Comments:

Review by buckingham See Profile

• Location: Buckingham,Bucks,PA
Good "Outstanding performance for both Internet and TV. Phone is the same as it's always been. Reliable."
Bad "Limited Free VOD without subscribing to movie package"
Overall "Outstanding"

installation in late August 2010 was outstanding and on time. No billing errors to-date. 35/35 Internet performance is as expected. Phone is reliable as expected. TV service is outstanding for PQ and the latest firmware release adds a lot of good stuff to the boxes. My only disappointment is the limited free VOD available without subscribing to a movie package, especially with the top level *Ultimate" service package.

UPDATE: Upgraded to 75/35 when the contract renewed and still very pleased. Effectively getting 83/38. TV remains excellent in quality.

UPDATE 9/2014: Upgraded to 75.75 automagically and effectively get 83/92. I occasionally have some routing/network issues, likely caused by peering "out there". TV remains excellent quality; in fact, it seems crisper since moving to the VMS/IPC. Quantum boxes. Current package is Preferred TV - 75/75 Internet - FiOS Digital Voice

Comments:

Review by chakey See Profile

• Location: Gladstone,Somerset,NJ
Good "Fast and reliable internet, phone, wireless and TV!"
Bad "Billing is hilariously bad"
Overall "If you are willing to spend hours fixing billing, you'll have a top notch service!"

This review is reverse-chronological. Go to the bottom for install and the top for the latest.

9/17/14 - We dropped TV in 2012 and have been only internet and phone since then. We miss cable only when there are live events, but a friend is letting us use their user and password to stream TV online (sports, New Years, etc). Works out well. We were getting a very good rate for internet and phone alone (about $60/mo) for a two year contract, set to expire this December. Speeds are now a symmetrical 75/75. In July, I received a notification that we were receiving an "ineligible bundle" and they jacked up our prices to $120/mo. I called in and escalated until I found someone willing to take $60 off our bill/mo until our original contract expires. Another example of how their product is top notch, but the billing is hilariously bad. We will shop around in December, because I don't feel like paying double for the same service.

1/12/11 - After experiencing some issues with one of our DVR boxes, they came out and gave us a new one without much issue. Since we watch most of our content on Netflix now, I called to see how much my triple play would be reduced if I dropped TV all together. The rep said we would save $34 a month. I said that was great and to go ahead and cancel the TV. He told me to hold for a minute and came back with an offer to reduce our bill by $30/mo for a year as a "Customer Appreciation Credit". I could not argue with that! Internet and phone remain rock solid.

3/31/10 - Nothing much to report! The service and billing have been completely stable since the last update. What a pleasure to not have to spend an hour on the phone each month fixing something with billing! Internet is stable at 26/22. I ordered an HD movie on demand the other night, and although horribly overpriced (IMO) at $5.99++, it streamed through with no hiccups or problems. Hopefully it will not incur some phantom charge on my bill...

7/2/09 - Upgraded Internet Speed

More as a result of the Docsis3.0 invasion into Fios territory than a few of us wailing about being "limited" to 20/5, Verizon now has new, higher internet speed tiers. For $10 more/month (from 99.99 to 109.99) I now have 25/15 and Showtime and a couple of other movie channels. I've done a speed test several times since upgrading and it is consistently coming in at 26/22, much more than the advertised 25/15. I absolutely LOVE the new upload speed, it has revolutionized several aspects of my daily life on the computer!

I have not received the bill yet, so fingers are crossed....

5/9/09 - Unable to upgrade my internet service

When I first signed up for the service, nearly 2 years ago now, I signed up for the 20/5 internet service with TV. When I added phone to my plan in October of 2007, I upgraded my internet to the 20/20 service and still had it as part of my triple play. It cost about $10/month more to have 20/20 vs 20/5. When I rebundled to a new Triple Play package in 2008, the 20/20 went back to 20/5. It is completely impossible to have a triple play of 20/20, Phone and TV. In order to get 20/20 at this point, I would have to cancel my triple play, incur an early termination fee for each service of $179, bundle JUST the phone and TV and pay for 20/20 a la carte. Instead of being a $10/mo upgrade, it would DOUBLE my bill. I have escalated this issue all the way to the office of the president of Verizon, and no one will allow me to bundle 20/20. It was apparently decided by "Marketing" sometime in 2008, that 20/20 does not need to be a bundled service. I just can't believe that I am WILLING to give a company more $$ per month for something (within reason) and they will not take it.

On the positive side, billing has been great--only once in the past year was there an errant charge. I called it in and it was fixed for the next bill. The services continue to be 100% rock solid. I have BBR monitoring my IP and my internet has never once been down.

4/11/08 - Well, it was nice while it lasted

I had a wonderful 2 whole months where my bill was correct. I got a bill this month that was all messed up. For some reason, unknown to anyone, I got bumped off the two year contract and into a month to month contract, which negates all bundle discounts. My bill was over by $100 this month. I suppose 2 months out of 8 with a correct bill is a 25% success rate--better than 0%. I was beginning to enjoy the extra 2 hours each month I got back when I did not have to call Verizon. Oh well. Back to the drawing board. I lowered Tech Support to a 3, because billing is not an option. I have never had to call Tech Support because all my services are rock solid. It's just the billing that so incredibly bad, it is becoming comical.

2/16/08 - HOLY CRAP, I HAVE A CORRECT BILL

Although I did not in a million years expect it, I just received a bill which combines all my services (voice, internet, cell and TV) into one lovely price. They got it right, folks. It took since August of 2007, but they got it right. I do not need to block off an hour or two to call customer service this week. I can change my avatar tagline from "Awaiting Correct Vzn bill since Aug 07" to "VZN GOT MY BILL RIGHT!"

WOOOO!

Can you believe I'm really happy about getting a bill for over $200? I can't believe it either. It feels as if I just gave birth. Oh, the euphoria....

1/18/08 - BILLING/GUIDE 2.0 UPDATE:

I finally received a bill which combines all my Verizon services (Phone, Internet, TV, Wireless) into one bill. However, because of the "non-payment" fracas last month, there was a $199 "early termination" charge as well as a $29.97 "activation" fee when they turned the internet back on. Other than almost passing out when I opened a bill for $605, and the extra charges, things seem to be in order finally. I called the billing department, was put on hold for 25 minutes and disconnected. I called back and the second CSR took care of everything. I was able to go online and create an account. I paid my bill with no issues

The FiOS TV 2.0 Guide arrived yesterday. I honestly think that it is a bit faster than 1.0 and certainly more pleasant to look at. The main hang is when you call up the Guide the first time. That takes about 4 seconds and gets you to press the button three times wondering why it is not reacting. Once the guide is up, it is faster. I still long for the day we get "page up/down" buttons on the remote. All my DVR recordings were intact and organized in a better way.

1/8/08 - BILLING UPDATE:

Well, all the stories about Verizon's billing department(s) are true. It has been 6 months since install and I have yet to receive one correct bill. In fact, I have not been able to pay my bill for the past two months because they are billing my services to the wrong phone number. After several phone calls and hours on hold bouncing around to 15 different departments, nothing was resolved. My issue was "escalated". My internet service was turned off for a day and after another round of phone calls, was restored. I still have not received a bill and I cannot see or pay anything on my online bill. I suppose someday they'll figure it out. I am just growing weary of calling them about the same problem and having no resolution. Every time they try to fix something with the bill they are unable to help because another department deals with this. They play "pass the customer" and I sit in awe that this great company cannot do anything on the back end without a running into itself.

Still, it's a great service--internet has never been down (except that one day for "non-payment") and the TV is great. We added a landline a while back to take advantage of the bundle discount. I think that's what started this mess. Their system can handle someone adding services to an existing landline, but not the other way around.

Bottom line--the service and price are still worth the billing aggravation. Just realize it will take you a while to straighten out the bill. The CSR's are accommodating, you just have to be persistent.

11/2/07 UPDATE:

I upgraded to the 20/20 internet service and added a landline yesterday. Everything is still BLAZING fast and rock steady. The HDTV channel line-up could use some work, but they promise to have 150 stations by the end of '08. Let's see if they do it!

Background and price:

We were lucky enough to move into an area that has FiOS internet and TV service available. We signed up for the 20/5 internet and Fios TV Premier level with a DVR box and a regular set top box. The total cost per month is supposed to be $97. There is a one time $19.99 activation fee. There are no taxes on the plan since it is considered "data services." Their phone service is only $7/mo, but when you add all the taxes that come with a landline, you end up closer to $30. We hooked up our Sunrocket Voip to the Verizon router and all is well and it works well. (Since Sunrocket is down, we've switched to ViaTalk which works just as well).

Presale info:

As soon as I heard that we could get Fios in our new residence, I called Verizon. Their pre-sale info was right on with what the website said. The rep was very helpful and took time to explain everything. I scheduled the install for 6/25/07.

Install:

Verizon called twice before the install to confirm that we would be present and have a power outlet near the ONT. The installer came at 10:15 during an 8-11 window. He brought the fiber line in from the street first. Then, he very professionally installed the ONT and UPS in the basement and wired the rest of the house for TV and internet. The Verizon wireless router provided is excellent and covers the whole house with an encrypted signal. It took him 6 hours.

Impressions (so far):

The download and upload on the internet tests at 20.6/4.6. The connection is lightning with no wobbles in service so far. The TV service is excellent. Crystal clear picture with a fantastic DVR menu.

Bottom Line:

Get it if you can! If you can't--call and bug them!!!

Comments:

Review by amarryat See Profile

• Location: Marshfield,Plymouth,MA
Good "Internet reliability & stability, HD TV"
Bad "Expensive, and still climbing"
Overall "awesome"

35/35 internet totally consistent.

4 years with one outage for several hours. Reliability is fantastic.

Steadily getting more expensive. Was $180/month, now I'm paying $210/month

Update 9/2014 - even more money, but this is what I got:
1). Higher speed - 50/50
2). Quantum - one central DVR with more capacity than the combined two DVRs from before, and client boxes that are smaller than the original set top boxes.
3). At some point along the way, they updated my router for free to the "N" wifi version. However it's still nowhere near as nice as 3rd party routers you can buy on your own such as the ASUS and Netgear flagships. Therefore I'm still using my own router to do wifi at home.
4). My ONT in the basement had to be replaced because it got fried somehow. What is strange is that they moved the battery from the fried ONT into the new ONT, and this is the original battery from 2008??? I thought they only lasted a few years.

So I'm happy with the upgrades.

member for 9.5 years, 2941 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by KoolMoe See Profile

• Location: Annapolis,Anne Arundel,MD
Good "Delivers what it should"
Bad "It's Verizon"
Overall "Good enough to make me sell-out"

Had SE DSL, varies versions of for past few years. Was expensive but always generally happy with it.

Then VZ put fiber in my 'hood. For the cost of bundling TV, phone, and 'net (about $130/month incl taxes/fees), I get faster service (5/2 instead of 5/768) and save about $90/month over SE, Comcast, and VZ POTS.

Installers were a great pair and did the house as requested. Spent a solid 5 or 6 hours here. Totally competent process.

'Net speed is consistent and a little over-provisioned as opposed to SE's under-provisioning. The router is ridiculous and seems to need rebooting once a week to fix routing or something (house computers get timeouts to the net - though TV still works), but a mild hassle. I don't like VZ's DNS redirect page either. Tried OpenDNS but had spotty results.

TV reception is great on SD and HD TVs. The guide still kinda sucks and I can't believe they still don't do 'cool' things like caller ID on the TV...but for TV, it's great (VOD could have more of a free movie selection).

No worries on the phone - all seems to work fine. Nice to have Caller ID, etc included.

The battery backup barely lasted 8 hours on a recent outage with minimal phone usage, no net usage. Lame. If a concern, have other battery backups.

Overall, totally worth it. Too bad the advent of FIOS really hasn't brought down prices overall - when my two year contract is up, I think prices will go up to where I was before...And I hate that I'm giving all money to Verizon (argh).

But no regrets so far overall. Way to go VZ on delivering a solid product.

Update: 5/21/09
Got the router swapped for a newer model of that same huge Actiontech a couple months ago. Definitely seemed to help the daily drops. It still happens, seems to be related to lots of net activity from the various computers in the house (NAT/routing table?) but only once every couple weeks, definitely a lot less than before.

Also a couple months ago, heard VZ had bumped the standard connection in my area to 10/2. I called to upgrade, which required adding a year to my contract. Since I've never seen prices actually come down since I've had broadband, more than happy to 'lock in' my current pricing for another year. I'd like to see that happen again - another standard boost to, say, 15/5, I upgrade, and add another year at the same cost.

I'm finding it harder and harder to dislike Verizon.

Absolutely no issues with the phone, though we still use an answering machine and not the voicemail (old habits). TV is still pretty good. More occasional pixelation, likely as more users in the 'hood hook-up, and the guide STILL sucks and is inaccurate, and still a rather lame VOD (well, lame free VOD). But, still, definitely pleased with the service overall.

Update: 9/14/14
Still with FIOS. Comcast's offering is competitive but I'm pretty happy with FIOS service overall.
There was some mysterious outage a couple weeks ago just in our neighborhood. Rumor was a dump truck snagged the line a couple streets over. It took TWO DAYS to fix. That made me mad. What, not enough linemen on the job anymore? Two days would be like post-hurricane response time around here.
Super hassle too as I work from home, so had to go to local library for those two days. I love the library but not working there 8+ hours.
They did credit my account $8 :P and I'll likely stick with them, as long as this doesn't happen often. That was really unacceptable response time for a downed local line.

Speed is now 15/15, though most recent speedtest.net test shows 24/13mbps. That's great for our home; work-from-home, Xbox, wife and kids on their own computers.
TV guide is better; the SD box is super slow, HD box acceptable. They reorganize channels more then I'd like and they just dropped BBC America from our under-contract package! Can they do that? A call to complain is on the list...

Overall, 4 out of 5 so far.

Comments:

Review by mdbrotha03 See Profile

• Location: Fort Belvoir,Fairfax,VA
Good "Consistantly getting the rated speed"
Bad "WiFi router they provided only broadcast at the 2.4Ghz range."
Overall "Best ISP I have ever had."

$122 Includes basic FIOS HD TV no DVR, 1 box.

From day 1 of my install I have been testing my internet connection. I have yet to get a speed test below 145Mbps unless I did the speed test to a server in Europe or Asia.
It has been 22 days since its been on. I am not accustom to having consistent speed tests. Pings to the nearest server are usually between 6-8ms. Only 1 problem. The WiFi router.

I live on a military base. Everyone has FIOS. Everyone receives a wireless router that broadcast on the 2.4 GHz frequency range. There aren't enough channels for the amount of routers broadcasting.
This has cause my 802.11n 2.4ghz WiFi speed to be only a third of the speed of my desktop connected via Ethernet(around 50mbps).

The fix, which I already had all the equipment needed was to install two 5Ghz 802.11n access points in the house. I only have 3 devices that can connect to those signals but 2 of them happen to be smart phones; so I placed 1 access point upstairs and the other downstairs. From my phone I am getting about 2/3rds of my rated speed.(around 100mbps)

Now in September I am still getting the speeds I paid for.

Comments:

no2verizon

@152.179.223.x

Horrible Experience

This is outrageous! WOW! Verizon should be awarded the WORST provider in home entertainment. My experience with this company has been nothing but problems, rude staff who like to hang up on their customers, transfer calls without letting the customer know that they are being transfered, no representative has been through proper training in my opinion. Each time I would call it would always be a different story, half the time the service would not work but I give Verizon an applause for always being on top of over charging and sending the bill on time. Too many hidden fees that reps will not let you know and at the end they will blame the customer. I would NEVER recommend this service to anyone, not even my damn enemy!

no2verizon

@152.179.223.x

Re: Horrible Experience

OH forgot to mention that my first bill came up to more than $200 FOR ONLY INTERNET!
mdbrotha03

join:2002-03-28
Lanham, MD
Your experience may have sucked but mines has been positive. Your first bill was high due to prorated billing and your router purchase.

Also your comments have nothing to do with this review. If you truly have issues with their billing contact the Better Business Bureau.
xQim

join:2003-09-20

2 edits

Re: Horrible Experience

My apologies. Not the best excuse but having bad ADHD doesn't help. I could read your review ten times and forget what you wrote or misinterpret. Sorry.

You sure do get overly defensive and agitated though. Sorry to ruin your day.
mdbrotha03

join:2002-03-28
Lanham, MD

Re: Horrible Experience

Your statements came off as sarcasm and insulted my setup. You got my first reaction to your statement.
xQim

join:2003-09-20
Sorry again. Yes, I come across quite sarcastic and cynical. It works out to be funny sometimes, but makes things worse (in this case) more often than not.

Review by Typical See Profile

• Location: 07922-1830
Good "Good picture and sound for TV. Excellent line quality for ISP"
Bad "Rare speed drop"
Overall "Very Good"

·VOIPO
·PHONE POWER
After ten years with Comcast, and now that FIOS is available in my neighborhood, I decided to move to FIOS. Actually, Comcast’s poor performance (line quality and people service) forced me to make the decision. Either way, I am happy to have made the move.

The FIOS installation of the TV-ISP service took only half-day. During the past three days that I have had FIOS, I have noticed the following:

TV – The picture is much sharper than what Comcast used to provide. The sound quality is significantly superior to Comcast.

ISP – My service is 50/25, although for the first two days of the service, I was getting a consistent 58/28. PhonePower, which is my VOIP provider, gave the line quality an A+

Small problems – During the installation, the FIOS technician drilled too close to one of my power lines and stripped the insulation off of it. I am in the process of having an electrician fix the damaged power line. Also, after a heavy rain, the line quality went down to 15/10. Now that things are drying up, the quality is moving back up. I have written to FIOS, hoping that FIOS would make sure that the line quality does not go down after every rain.

Hoping that FIOS can take care of both of these problems (quickly and efficiently), I will cautiously say that I am very happy with FIOS

First month update.

Installation Damage – After all sorts of delay tactics, the installation department reluctantly reimbursed the cost of repair for the damage.

TV- I am still impressed by how much the sound quality, and the picture quality (SD and HD), are better than Comcast.

ISP – I called tech support a few times regarding occasional degradation of line quality. The first two tech support reps tried to convince me that either I am imagining the problem or that the problem is entirely my fault because I am not a “high end” ISP user. Finally, I ended up speaking with a competent tech support rep, who ran a few tests, shared the results with a Verizon network specialist, and made the appropriate changes to the network configuration of my neighborhood. Since then, the line quality has been better than 50/25 virtually all of the time. Occasionally, probably less than 3% of the time, the line quality drops to 25/25.

All told, I am a happy customer. Once these initial irritations become distant memories, I might even become a very happy customer.

Update after two years.

The ISP and TV have been excellent for the past two years. There was a couple of short (half hour) service interruptions, but the service has been reliable. All told, the physical service is excellent.

On the people side of service, the customer service is pretty good, although it always takes a while until you can get hold of someone. I have used the online chat service a few times, and I have found them to be a total waste of time (mine and theirs). Their responses are highly scripted, and are useful only for very minor uncomplicated questions.

As for the billing/accounting service, it is absolutely pathetic. The website is very kludgee and frequently makes errors in recording requests and payments. Interestingly enough, these errors are always on the side of over-charging the customer, and none of them is on the side of under-charging the customer. On two separate occasions, I had to seek help from the "supervisor of the supervisor" in order to resolve the overcharge issue. Even then, it took about 2.5 months to resolve the issue.

Comments:

capt jack

@verizon.net

line getting wet?

Please explain line quality?The fiber optic line to your home is not affected by the elements!

Pepsiman

join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

Re: line getting wet?

My ONT
said by capt jack :

Hi capt jack,
I am no expert on this matter but let me ask you this, is your optical network terminal (ONT) »Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What is ONT: Optical Network Terminal?
located outside your premise? I thinking maybe there is water getting into the ONT, my ONT was installed inside my garage and never had a problem with speeds, you might want to check into that, again I am no tech so I can't really be sure about this.
I hope they can clear this problem up for you.

Review by Jerome925 See Profile

• Location: Denton,Denton,TX
Good "Symmetrical speeds (or better). Low latency. Fast!"
Bad "DNS Redirection (can be changed). CS/Billing Issues."
Overall "Get it if it's in your area!"

·Nortex Communica..
*** NEW 2014 REVIEW FOR 76207 ***
***

We moved to a home in north Denton, which already had FiOS service (built in 2008). I originally "tested" the 150/150 Mbps package, mainly to have a GPON-capable ONT installed in place of the dirty, older BPON unit. The original BPON unit was pretty nasty, especially the ethernet port, which still had the protective goo but was caked with dirt and some dog hair. I'm not sure I could have even made a connection with it, which is important to me for reduced latency. I ran a Belden 1700A Cat5e 100 foot cable from the existing hole in the garage under the ONT to a front room with a large window- the "office". I don't recommend spending time in a hot attic in mid-August Texas, but I just had to do it!

The installer was a nice guy, and arrived on time on the scheduled day. He quickly unmounted the BPON unit and installed the GPON unit in its place. He also secured the fiber line outside the garage, since it had come detached and was hanging out, with the sheath wire exposed (he cut that off). The install looks much better than before. My one regret with the install is that I didn't go with him to check out the OLT. He went to the end of our street to install a card? AFAIK, and I would have liked to see what the inside of the OLT looks like and the BPON->GPON upgrade procedure.

The speeds are above stated, and pings are low. I can ping my server in Dallas @ 5 ms. The service tested consistently 160 Mbps+ up/down on the 150 package. I downgraded from 150/150 to 50/50 the day after the install, but a few days later couldn't resist the upgrade to 75/75 for $10 more. I'm paying about $70/month incl. taxes for 75/75 (tests 84/93), which I think is about the best you can do currently in the US. There is an issue with the default VZ DNS redirecting bad addresses, but the last octet can be changed to 14 instead of 12 to get around that.

HOWEVER, CS/Billing has been a Pain to deal with. When I downgraded, and again when I upgraded, they sent me a new router. By the time I got to 75/75, I had three ActionTec Rev I routers (why would I need more than one and why would they not know I have one?). One of them they charged as a Rental and the other two as Buy. I was able to get the rental router taken off but haven't been able to get one of the Buy option routers off the bill. I returned two of them unopened almost a month ago, so I'm not sure why the adjustments haven't been made yet. Time will tell but I dread contacting them again, less I receive yet another router and charge. I'm not even using the first ActionTec and replaced it with an Asus RT-N66U (no problem there, and get max speed using 5 GHz).

*** ORIGINAL ARCHIVED REVIEW FROM 2007 FOR DIFFERENT LOCATION (76226) ***
***

Ordered 5/2 FiOS package on Friday, 7/27/2007. First month free. Months 2-7 -$10. $25 Target gift card (oh boy!).

Our VZ DSL had gone to crap in the past week. We went from a consistent 1.5 Mbps/384 Kbps to about half (with high latency to boot). The noise margin dropped from 14.5 dB to about 5 dB seemingly overnight (not a storm). I think it was an intentional change by VZ to get us on FiOS. If so, it worked.

Contractor for VZ came to trench on Tuesday, 7/31. Took them about 2 1/2 hours. They did a good job. Verizon Hooked up and installed the (complete all-in-one w/ backup battery) ONT inside the garage on Friday, 8/3; they were done in about the same time as it took the trenchers. They didn't tell us much about the install and kept to themselves. We already had a Cat5e installed to where we wanted the router. It went outside the garage, as we did not know they would install an all-in-one box on the inside. If I had known, I would not have run the line outside.

I also wasn't aware that they would only hook up one of our POTS line to the ONT. We had the main line hooked in to the ONT and the other two (office and fax) left as is. I would have preferred the office hooked in to the ONT but I didn't realize until after they had left.

Speed tests:

5133/1889 from testmy.net
5062/1837 from DSLR to SF, CA

First hop 4-5ms. Latency in Counter-Strike: Source is super-low; lower than our VZ DSL on fast path. First 100 servers or so range from 7-15ms.

I took the ActionTec router out as soon as they installed and got it running. I put our Belkin Pre-N Wireless router with MIMO (MAC address from VZ router cloned) up high in its place where we terminated the Cat5e. Computers get a much better signal with the Belkin.

Overall pleased initially with the service.

Comments:

Review by Jemand See Profile

• Location: Richmond,Henrico,VA
Good "Fast, 99.99% uptime, Price"
Bad "Support and billing issues"
Overall "Comcast can't touch the symetrical speeds"

I got a 2 year price lock for 69.99 (non contract) for Preferred HD and 50/50.

Comments:

garush

@71.127.212.x

switch from DSL to Fios

Given many many promises from Verizon. Still have slow youtube and everything else. No truth to Verizon claims and no follow up with comparative speed. - cause it is poor!

dodgetech2

join:2002-01-01
Gouldsboro, PA

symetrical is a joke

Your right, Comcast cant touch the symmetrical speeds....but at least with Comcast I could watch Netflix and You Tube......I have a 75/75 line and both of those services are useless on FIOS....Ill be back on Comcast as soon as my contact is up...you can count on that!

Review by AhnHEL See Profile

• Location: Bayside,Queens,NY
Good "Upload speeds and Ping latency is superior to Cable."
Bad "Pricing can always be better"
Overall "A step above cable."

On the GPON 75/75 plan and receiving 83/92 with over provisioning. Came from TWC Maxx, and very impressed with service thus far. Installation went smoothly and within the install time window. Symmetrical speeds are a vast improvement despite losing a very fast download speed when I was on TWC Maxx. Requested a Ethernet install from the ONT which was provided without hassle and allowed me to use my own Router and leave the FIOS router as secondary for my STBs.

Highly recommend over Cable.

member for 14.2 years, 2955 visits, last login: a few hours ago