Atlantic Nexus page on DSLReports

Review by Rox See Profile

• Location: Cumming,Forsyth,GA
Good "na"

na

Comments:

Review by shdesigns See Profile

• Location: Stone Mountain,Dekalb,GA
Good "Simple fast DSL, Excellent tech support and sales people that are local and informed"
Bad "Web site does not have a lot of info. But not a problem."
Overall "Fast DSL, great support, no restrictions."

·EarthLink
Dropped EarthStink for their horrid tech support, unreliable service and ever-reduced value for money.

Called on Wednesday, was up and running on Friday. Took me a month to get EL working due to their problems.

Since I did not need a modem, I opted for "no install" option. Emailed tech support and got replies within minutes. None of the "Prove to me you are not an idiot" stuff I had with EL and their canned responses. Just "here's what you asked for, any more questions just call me." And a phone #!.

Only problem was switchover was a day early. Actually took a few hours.

Update 6/21/2008:

Here 1.5/0.256 was all that was available. Atlnex and all other ISPs said I ws on an old fiber RT that does not support higher (also 9800'.) Lately, had all kinds of noise in the line. Called BS and they "fixed it". Checked the modem and it now said the S/N was good for 6mbit+. Emailed AtlNex about it. They checked and said, yep, the line has been upgraded. They switched me over to 3.5mbit in a day or so. Now I can finally watch streaming video.

A friend says my S/N stats look like I must be less than 3000'. Could be the patched me into the new box about 1000' away. It has been there for 2 years and now they are finally switching over?

Update 2/22/2009:

Had a problem with the line. Solid sync, but near 100% packet loss. Emailed support and they called me in an hour. Was helpful, but on Sun night, could not handle Bellsouth Issues. Tech was honest and open about what she knew and could do. She gave me a temp dialup until it could be fixed in the morning (most likely a BellSouth/ATT issue).

First thing this morning (Monday), DSL started working fine. As always, great support that is local, knowledgeable and helpful.

Final update: 9/25/2013:

I hated to do this. I have nothing but good things to say about Atlanic Nexus. I have been paying for a phone line that has had no phone on it for 9 years. Used to be $14.50. With all the new charges and fees, it is now over $36. I just cant justify the expense. I refuse to switch to AT&T dry DSL as I have had nothing but grief from them.

So have switched to cable internet. I will miss AtlNex support. It has been beyond great. The tech called me about cancelling service and he actually agreed it was better for me to switch. We talked before. AT&T is being bastards and not letting them do dry DSL. He alluded to some new services they are looking into where they can compete. All the best to them; I bet they will do well.

I will always recommend them; especially to existing BS/AT&T customers. I have never had congestion problems; always the advertized speeds.

member for 13.8 years, 6668 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by nawhead See Profile

• Location: Duluth,Gwinnett,GA
Good "Amazing tech support"
Bad "Has to use ATT's infrastructure"
Overall "Surprised by how good the service is every time."

Update April 2012:
Solid 6.5 megs for last year. Smooth sailing.

Update Jun 2011:
Speeds have been improving for the past few days during peak hours. Right now, 9pm on a Monday, getting 4+ meg speeds.

Update Aug 2010 thru Apr 2011:
ATT is oversubscribing their lines in the Gwinnett Place Mall area (possibly coinciding with the rollout of U-Verse) (»[Speed Problem] AT&T DSL speed drops every night).

As such, my 6 meg connection is now 1.5 megs (800-2.0 range) from 6-12 pm M-F and most all day Sat-Sun. 3 am on a Tuesday though, a solid 6.5 megs. I don't blame this on ATNEX since they can't force ATT to upgrade their infrastructure.

With that said, I'm staying with ATNEX as there is no better alternative. I won't switch to cable since it costs more (and I don't watch TV anyway), has more restrictions, and historically has always had this type of shared bandwidth problem. CLEAR is not reliable or competitive yet. And ATNEX is still the superior DSL option since they don't block ports and don't have usage caps like ATT DSL proper.

Original review:
I've had ATNEX service for several years now. They've been my only high speed ISP. Started at 1.5 meg and now at 6.0 meg. I've had to overcome some great trials (failing equipment around the neighborhood, phone company techs digging around places they shouldn't, hardware failures, lightning) and yet, I would not consider any other ISP today. Even if I got a deal for internet twice as fast and half as cheap. No way. I'm sticking with ATNEX.

It's like having a premium insurance policy. When something goes wrong (and with the crazy series of tubes that is the internet, a mishap is always a matter of When not If) these guys are going to treat you right, they're going to back you up, and you'll really get that feeling (the feeling you almost never get nowadays) that they're working for you and with you, not in spite of you.

It's a mystery to me how much they care. I call the tech support line and an actual technician picks up the line. They'll work through the problem and give you options right there. They're relentless to help. I've gotten calls on weekends and nights from technicians trying to solve my problems. I'll get email updates throughout the day during crisis time. The actual technician I talked to wants to come to my house. Wow. I almost feel embarrassed to take up so much of their time. My god, checking my email isn't a life or death situation, go home to your families, guys! But no, they're on the job, wanting to solve the problem as much as me. Thank you Atlantic Nexus. You've earned a lifetime customer.

Comments:

Review by bdillahu2 See Profile

• Location: Stockbridge,Henry,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Hooked right up, over a holiday weekend"
Bad "So far, none"
Overall "I'm impressed - and more so"

Updating after several years of service... they just keep hitting home runs. Never a service problem, upgrades handled painlessly, and if you need tech assistance, you get somebody that actually runs the network, not reading a script.

Bottom line, order from them and be done with it... it doesn't get any better.

----------------------------------

Got fed up with cable service and went shopping... ran across them here on dslreports and the reviews were good. Sent them a couple of emails with questions which were answered by a person with in about an hour. Decided to sign up.

Filled out the web form at about 3pm on Friday before the New Years holiday weekend. I got a personal "your order has been processed" shortly later telling me that equipment should arrive on Wednesday (Jan 3rd) and the service would be on that day.

Equipment made it by Tuesday, and when I tried the modem after work Wed. it hooked right up.

Painless so far, and on time.

• Location: Smyrna,Cobb,GA

This is the best DSL service I have ever used.
I have been with them four years.
Calls for support are answered by a competent technician.
No service ports are blocked, and promised bandwidth is delivered.

(review was emailed from domain mail.hq42.net)

Comments:

Review by So Crates See Profile

• Location: Lawrenceville,Gwinnett,GA
Good "Responsive to e-mails. Real person to talk to on phone."
Overall "Outstanding customer service."

Found Atlantic Nexus based on other customer reviews, looking for a replacement for Elnk, high ping times and zero customer service. Got a response to my first e-mail within about an hour at 11:30 at night! Amazing. Friendly rep on phone the next day tried to help me troubleshoot my high ping times BEFORE I was even their customer. Order went through on schedule. Quick phone call to adjust a modem setting and I was on.

THIS is the way to run a buisness.

Customer service sells itself.

Comments:

Review by djprice See Profile

• Location: Atlanta,Dekalb,GA
Good "None"
Bad "Where do I begin"
Overall "Keep Clear - horrible experience"

If I could give Atlantic Nexus/Net2Atlanta/Abraxis (all the same ISP now) 0 stars, I would but it only allows for 1 star. I have been with them for years but I am now an ex-customer. I will NEVER give this company any business of mine ever again nor any company I consult for.

I have rated this company in the past as only "fair" until there is a problem, then they simply blame it on AT&T and do nothing. Well, it happened yet again. I started experiencing outages in late June, I was down more then up all of July and it continued into August - that is a 6 week outage. Guess what, they simply blamed this problem on AT&T yet again and did nothing to restore my service.

I have given my business to non-AT&T ISP's so I do not have to call AT&T assuming that an ISP would have a better relationship to get issues resolved sooner, apparently this is incorrect. I repeatedly asked Atlantic Nexus for this 6 WEEK outage to be called into AT&T and given a high priority due to the extent of the outage. First, they told me to call them myself (which I cannot because I am not their customer), then they asked "How much do you pay me each month?". I replied "$49 dollars". They then told me: "I don't have time to sit on hold with AT&T for a customer who pays me only $49 dollars a month, I have customers who pay me $3000.00 a month, I will sit on hold for them but not you". Enough said - this explains a lot about my extended outages over the years. I was off them the very next day and will never do business with this group ever again.

This apparently is their new support philosophy, they will not stand behind their own customers to get the problem resolved. It does not matter where the cause is, they cannot/will not do what it takes to service their customers. It is unheard of today to have a 6 week outage with no backup and then treat your customers in such a sarcastic and obnoxious manner - completely unacceptable if you want to retain customers.

Comments:

Review by BTM See Profile

• Location: Acworth,Cobb,GA
Good "Good speed"
Bad "N/A"
Overall "Quality company."

Have been a fairly satisfied customer for several years, until today. Recently, I have been experiencing connection issues, in which my connection will drop for a few moments to complete loss of connection. The remedy for these issues is to reset the Motorola modem supplied by Atlantic Nexus, after which the connection behaves normally.

I called to try and get a remedy for this and was informed that Atlantic Nexus would not exchange their modem for another, and in fact, would charge me 59.99 for a new modem. So, in essence my DSL connection is being held for ransom until I pay to have a new modem to replace the one provided by my ISP.

I have always been impressed with Atlantic Nexus' level of customer service, but I find this policy to be tough to swallow. Of course, in order to have a working connection, I'm going to have to replace the modem, but if I have to do that, I can promise that my enthusiasm for what I used to consider to be an excellent local ISP will be diminished; I'll be unlikely to recommend them to anyone else.

Edit on 7/5/2010: I have changed my ratings for the low categories, except for "connection reliability." Financially, I can not afford to replace my modem yet, so my connection remains very unstable, but this is not the fault of ATNex.

Comments:

Review by jh34 See Profile

• Location: Buford,Gwinnett,GA
Good "Tech Support"
Overall "Great ISP, especially if you have computer problems"

My husband and I have used Atlantic Nexus 3 meg DSL service for four months, and we have been extremely pleased.

I wanted to write about a great experience I had with two of their tech support guys: TC and Tim. The great effort they put into resolving my problem meant so much to me.

I have used their tech support several times and have been nothing but impressed. Their people are polite and caring. They don't rush me through my calls. I love the system where they call you back if tech support is busy. This type of service is unheard of today!

I hope they do not change this incredible service! I've noticed as companies grow, their service gets worse. We saw that with Speed Factory.

Hats off to Atlantic Nexus, TC and Tim!

JH
Lawrenceville, GA

Comments:

Review by olliem See Profile

• Location: Powder Springs,Cobb,GA
Good "Great Service."

Great phone support. No 2 hours or more hold time like I had with AT&T. And it's cheaper then what we were paying AT&T for same service.