Atlantic Nexus page on DSLReports

Review by Skip05 See Profile

• Location: Powder Springs,Cobb,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Great connection speed"
Overall "All around great service!"

I recently decided to switch to Atlantic Nexus and I couldn’t be more pleased with their service and the customer support they provide. I have to agree with bjornb's statement: 'these guys are the best!'

Comments:

Review by Wilson6 See Profile

• Location: Hiram,Paulding,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "very helpful tech support"
Overall "Highly Recommend"

I recently signed up with Atlantic Nexus and I can not say enough about their service. I was very concerned about having a quick install and it could not have gone smoother. The service was turned up the same day they said it would.

member for 8 years, 0 visits, last login: 8 years ago

• Location: Atlanta,Fulton,GA
Good "excellent customer service and excellent service"

I had an awesome experience with ATNEX in Atlanta, GA. They have ALWAYS
been very helpful and knowledgeable about DSL service. The service techs
have responded in a quick and efficient manner, and have helped me with
many other computer related issues. I highly recommend this company for
anyone wanting DSL service in their home or business.

Vickey Wile

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by bevills1 See Profile

• Location: Mcdonough,Henry,GA
Good "Much better and more friendly service"
Bad "None yet"
Overall "Would highly recommend to all"

·Charter
My very positive experience is echoed by the gkucala in Swanee, Gwinnett, Georgia review except I don't have IFITL. BellSouth probably would have continued charging me their usual rate significantly higher than that offered to new customers, and naturally they offered me that better rate when I told them I was changing providers to which I told them no thanks. Around 10 to 12 years ago before broadband I had dialup service with a small company called Access1 which unfortunately went out of business, and that was the best dialup provider I ever had and was sorry to see their demise. Atlantic Nexus is just as good if not better with their great broadband service as Access1 was for dialup.

Atlantic Nexus could have had me on their service by 2/27, but I told them I didn't want it started until 3/1 becuase my BellSouth serivce was paid through 2/28. Further I told Atlantic Nexus I needed service active on 3/1 by 9 AM, and service was available a little before 8 AM when I first tried to access it. They give you a modem and only charge $9.95 shipping cost unlike other providers that charge about $100 and then make you send and have to wait on a mail in rebate. Not only that, but I noticed the modem sent appeared identical to a modem I had from a previous provider, and they told me I could refuse delivery on the one sent and receive credit for shipping charge!

Additionally Atlantic Nexus support told me about a link where I could learn to upgrade my SpeedStream 5260 modem to a 5660 SpeedStream to work with their service. That upgrade experience may be found in the Efficient section of forum on Broadband Reports if any are interested. The wonderful things that can be said about this great provider seems endless, and I hope they're around for many more years to come.

Comments:

Review by bjornb9 See Profile

• Location: Marietta,Cobb,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "No pressure sales, very helpful and informative"
Overall "They rock!"

Had used my previous DSL provider for several years, but tired of week-day only support. Had service turnoff pre-scheduled (was told BellSouth couldn't give a time).
Got up in the morning of the start of my service with Atlantic Nexus, service was off as expected.
Logged into my DSL modem (PPPoE) and entered my Atlantic Nexus id and password.
Bingo, up and running!
Smoothest cutover ever.
These guys are the best!

Comments:

Review by shrtckt1 See Profile

• Location: Athens,Clarke,GA
  • CLEC party: Covad
Good "Everything"
Overall "Highly recommend"

I ordered a 3.5mb dsl service for $42.99 in a 6 month contract. CSR's are American & the company is located in Powder Springs, GA. The order process went very fast & flawless. The service was up in about 8 hrs. According to the Atl speakeasy speed test server, I am getting 3033/303 (DSL/dynamic/PPPoE). They sent me a SpeedStream (Efficient Networks, Inc) modem that seems to work well. I am very pleased with the service & highly recommend it.

Scott

Comments:

Review by gkucala See Profile

• Location: Suwanee,Gwinnett,GA
Good "Customer service; price; reviews written about them here"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Highly recommended"

We were looking to cut our monthly costs and the ISP we've been with for 3 years had us at $49.99. They didn't tell us that a while back they dropped their rates to $32.99 if we signed a new contract. We looked into it and didn't like signing up again for another 12 months, port 25 was blocked (unless I paid an additional $9.95 per month), and there was the additional subscriber fee. So we came here and started to search out a new ISP.

The reviews you'll find here about Atlantic Nexus, or AtNex, are informative, extremely positive, and I agree!

The customer service calls I made were all handled by the same representive, who was patient, kind, and very helpful. He gave me some pointers on how to do the cut-over, such as find out about the termination process with my current ISP, and setting the cut-over date. I had additional questions along the way and they were all answered.

Yesterday was the cut-over date. I was concerned because your internet access had not gone down, so I call AtNex. They confirmed services had been activated.

Well, did you know that DSL over IFITL means you can have more than one ISP provider? Yep. I was able to log onto AtNex, log out and log back into my old ISP. (I overlapped services by a week.) Pretty cool. I tested AtNex against my old ISP and they are competitive in speed. And like every other IFITL-serviced customer, I'm waitng for BellSouth to upgrade their equipment to support higher speeds.

BOTTOMLINE: AtNex requires a 6 month contract, not 12, is saving me almost $15 per month, doesn't block my ports, gives me a dynamic IP at 1.5Mbps down (actually a little faster than that) and 256Kbps up, and has top-of-class customer service. I can't get that anywhere else.

Comments:

Review by josefek See Profile

• Location: Atlanta,Dekalb,GA
  • CLEC party: BellSouth
Good "Didn't think they made companies like this any more."
Bad "Speed... but that's not their fault"
Overall "Had enough of your big box provider? I had. Atnex is the answer."

I spent over a year fighting with Comcast. I'd had their service for ages, through all the buyouts and ups and downs. Just over a year ago my service went to pot... and the battles began. Rule of thumb is this: if Comcast works in your area, good for you. If it doesn't, you're going to be miserable. I went through a year of credits, lies, morons on the phone, morons at my house, hangups, transfers back into the queue... Comcast single handedly destroyed my belief that humanity is naturally good.

Atlantic Nexus restored it. No, I'm not getting the 6MB offered by Comcast, but what good was that doing me when it only worked at 2:10 PM on Tuesday? And don't think that the DSL install was flawless... I had inside wiring problems, outside wiring problems, you name it. Atnex stuck with me through it, determined to satisfy. When was the last time you actually communicated with the *same knowledgeable representative* every time you called or emailed? I did. I never had to re-explain my problems. I was never once told to "reboot my modem." Indeed, when they sent a tech out to follow up on a Bellsouth visit, it was actually the very same person I'd been conferring with all along! Unheard of! Furthermore, he was polite, concerned and knowledgeable. I eventually had to send him away, as I had an engagement, when he was ready to (after two hours, 6 phone calls between him and Bell, and after 8PM at night) help me run new wiring in my crawlspace.

Seriously... this company is astounding. Since battling through my initial problems (and these guys are tenacious when it comes to dealing with Bell) my connection's been rock solid and totally dependable. I've not one iota of regret, and I sing their praises to anyone who'll listen.

As for Comcast... yeah, I still hate 'em. If I had the means I'd load every employee, every contractor, every person that has anything to do with that company into a cannon and shoot them into the sun.

Comments:

Review by bagfire2002

• Location: Decatur,Dekalb,GA
Good "incedible customer service"
Bad "nada"
Overall "more bang for the buck!"

I've been with atnex for almost 6 months now and I cannot say enough great
things about the customer service.This is my first computer and when I=
was inquiring about isp's I got all the horror stories .All the way from=
bait and switch,overcharging,charging for pulling into your driveway and=
doing nothing to poor customer service...then my boss told me he found
atlantic nexus in search I called that night one day later I was up and =
running.The folks at Atnex are the friendlyest bunch of people... so much=
so I feel like i've just called a friend for help or advice.When I call,=
99% of the time I talk with a live person.1% of the time I can leave a me=
ssage and almost immediatly someone returns my call.their also a customer=
support as well numerus times they have helped me with things dealing with
my computor other than internet ?'s.Just recently Chris b.upgraded my =
hard drive for a reasonable price[I checked around] took my old drive and=
turned it into a external drive.I was having trouble with my e-mail service
and after he remedied that problem he stayed on the phone and helped =
me find and import my old e-mail address book from my old drive to my new=
drive.To most that would be a simple task but I was totally lost and he =
could have said sorry and good luck but he did'nt he stayedon and figured
it out and was patient throughout.I can't say enough great things about atnex.But if you get a chance to talk to Chris,Stan,and the rest of the gang you'll see what I mean.

(review was emailed from domain atnex.net)

Comments:

Review by kcepull See Profile

• Location: Roswell,Fulton,GA
  • CLEC party: BellSouth
Good "Live, friendly people. Quick turnaround. Great rates."
Bad "Upload speed is only 384K"
Overall "Wish I had switched sooner!"

Having been with my previous ISP for 4 years, I was reluctant to switch. But, they finally added the straw that broke the camel's back, so I started looking elsewhere. Atlantic Nexus came up in the search results with good rates, good reviews, and I decided to give them a try.

I called twice to ask questions. Both times a live person answered the phone, answered all of my questions with honest answers (no sales B.S.). No high-pressure sales pitch.

I decided to pull the trigger last Thursday. I was going to be home on Friday, and wanted to be there when the cutover happened. I knew it was a long shot, but I asked if they could turn it around that quickly. They said they would see what they could do.

Thursday afternoon, I still hadn't heard anything, so I called back. I was told that a technician would be calling me to confirm all the technical details, assign me an account, etc. I didn't get a call that day, which concerned me.

Friday morning, I called back. I was told that to get the full 3.5M/384K speed, BellSouth had to add/upgrade some equipment in my neighborhood, and it couldn't be done until Monday. Knowing that I was asking a lot, I graciously said that would be fine - I didn't want to chance being down all weekend without service.

Friday afternoon, I got a call from BellSouth saying I had been cut over (!). I went home to check things out, being skeptical (especially when BellSouth is involved). Sure enough, I had been cut over.

I called AtNex tech support to find out how to reprogram my existing DSL modem (from my old ISP) to use the new static IP, etc. He walked me through it, and everything came up at the full 3.5/384 speed!

I even got a call on Saturday to make sure that everything was still fine and to see if I had any questions.

So far, 2.5 days later, it has been rock-solid, unlike my previous ISP.

Bottom line:
- $46/month (including fees)
- 3.5MB up, 384K down
- includes static IP address (their web site says this is extra, but it apparently comes with the faster service)
- Up and running in about 24 hours - quicker than promised (or expected)
- 6MB service coming 'soon' (next month)
- no port blocks
- servers OK