Atlantic Nexus page on DSLReports

Review by kluken See Profile

• CLEC party: BellSouth
Good "Great Fast DSL at gret price and excellent customer service!"
Bad "NONE"
Overall "Best deal in town for unblocked DSL"

I was with Bellsouth until they blocked ports, then jumped to Speed Facroty. Speed Factory service was quirky at best and they always had lame excuses. Everyone else was lowering DSL prices and SF bascially was too arrogant thinking they were the best. I saw Atlantic Nexus on this site and the reviews were good. I contacted them and found their customer service to be great. There was a Bellsouth glitch getting me approved for DSL even though I already had DSL, but Atlantic Nexus kept on top of it and contacted me when the issue was cleared. I placed my order on a Monday afternoon and when I woke up Wednesday I was switched over!! Speeds are the same, but the net feels a bit more responsive, good by SF and hello Atlantic Nexus, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Comments:

Review by paarlberg See Profile

• Location: Lilburn,Gwinnett,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Very good for the money, excellent customer service"
Overall "Very good for the money, excellent customer service"

I had a 2 day cutover to Atnex and I am very happy with them. 3.5/384 service is stable and getting very good speeds close to the 3.5 to the internet, only comes up short due to the limitation of BellSouth.

I would recommend them to anyone wanting a good affordable stable connection.

My only complaint is I don't like the authentication part (PPPoE), but I can live with that as long as it is stable. I believe this is a BellSouth requirement. So far it has been stable and I am a happy camper.

member for 13.9 years, 360 visits, last login: 3.1 years ago

Comments:

Review by wetback See Profile

• Location: Marietta,Cobb,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Customer service was nearly perfect"
Bad "old service was turned off nearly a day before the hardware arrived"
Overall "Bye-bye old service, next time be competitive with your rates!"

Had DSL (1.5/256k) service with a local outfit for 3+ years, they dropped their rates and when I tried to get those lower rates, they tacked on so many 'extras' that I was paying MORE...

Looked around and found Atlantic Nexus with better rates and faster speeds (3.5/385K). One call confirimed I wanted to change, their customer service rep answered ALL my questions and even called back to follow up.

My old service was turned off (12:30 AM) the day BEFORE the scheduled install, the modem arrived that day and I called to find out about my termination. As it was, they were able to set me up a full day early and the speeds I'm getting are close to what they promised.

Point to note, this is NOT listed on their site, the 3.5M service INCLUDES the static IP.

member for 12.8 years, 176 visits, last login: 7.9 years ago

Comments:

Review by paarlberg See Profile

• Location: Lilburn,Gwinnett,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Support team is very good"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "good deal for the $$$$"

I just signed up with Atlantic Nexus and have a great experience so far. Switch from old ISP to them was less than 2 days. Only problem was a change to my modem settings for the VCI/VPI as it was different from my previous provider. Will update additional info after using them for a while..

Signed up for 3.5/384 getting 2.9/320 consistantly. A test to »www.dsltestspeed.com/ show that the limitation is most likley on the BellSouth side as the speed is identical between me and the CO as it is to a test at »atl.speakeasy.net.

member for 13.9 years, 360 visits, last login: 3.1 years ago

Comments:

Review by CLECTECH See Profile

• Location: Buford,Gwinnett,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Great intro offer - no install fee and 24.95 for forst 3 months."
Bad "Bell only lets them sell up to 1.5 megs on IFITL (fiber) DSL --- not ATNEX's fault though."
Overall "Great deal from a great company."

The folks here know their stuff. The sales person was extremely knowledgeable. Gave me info so that I could avoid the pro install fee since it is fiber or IFITL DSL. I called tech support because I was not sure how to set my connection up. I was trying to rush and let the guy know that I was pretty sure it was my problem. I said I would call back if it still didn't work. He said "or I could just stay here with you until you can get on the net". He went back and forth with me doing pings. Imagine that! Tech support that tries to keep you on the line until everything is right!

Comments:

Review by ckd5150 See Profile

• Location: Acworth,Cobb,GA
Good "Easy ordering, easy install"
Bad "Current svc shutoff should be after modem arrives"
Overall "Excellent"

I had a large DSL vendor for years. When I started having problems, I was put through to people who were in another country and the problem was never resolved.

So after 10 years of using my account, I changed. I went from 1.5 mb svc to the 3mb svc and it is great. Blazing compared to what I had. And the price dropped too! Price $42 for 3.0 mbps DSL. Dynamic IP, PPoE running through router.

I called Atlantic Nexus on a Tuesday. By Thursday I had the new modem installed and new svc running.

The only drawback is this: the turnaround was too quick!! Ordered on Tuesday, old svc off as of Thursday morning. Modem did not arrive until Thursday evening. Not a big deal, but modem should arrive before svc is cut off.

Even when called tech support at 9:30pm that night someone answered real quick, spoke good English, and answered my questions to the fullest extent.

Very happy thus far. I am testing at 2960 down and 317 up. Very decent.

Comments:

Review by phaqu See Profile

• Location: Marietta,Cobb,GA
Good "Very relaible, Excellent tech support. Solid connection."
Bad "none"
Overall "The best company you'll ever have to deal with"

After many disappointments with other HSI companies, I had pretty much given up on getting broadband. Around May of this year, I happened across their number on google, so I gave them a call. I got an answering service so I hung up. Within a few minutes, some called me back from the company.( That blew me away)The person I talked with seemed very knowledgeable.He explained that they were an IT company that offers dsl service locally.I told them about some of the other issues I had with past isps,(Mainly the reasons I was told that I couldnt get HSI). Well the guy just kind of laughed and told me that none of them were good reasons. He did a test, and called me back. everything was good. They set up an appointment for 2 o'clock that coming Saturday. They called a day ahead to make sure someone was going to be home.Lo and behold, at 5 till 2 on Saturday there was a knock at the door. The tech plugged a few lines in , but had trouble getting logged in. He said that they had changed their passwords. He called another tech, and that guy said he would be right over. he showed up with another guy. I had 3 techs at my house making sure my connection was established. Plus, while they were there they helped me with a few other things.( They were all pretty cool, actualy) I have never had that kind of service from ANYONE before. I ordered the 1.5 for $36/ mth. The log in is a PPPoE but my router handles all of that.

The first week,I noticed that my speeds were a little rocky. I called tech support, and the tech I talked to was one of the guys that set up my service. I did a few speed test for them, and he told me they would do some line tests. He called me back and said that I did have noise on my line. He told me they would switch my DSLAM first, but that didnt work. Then they told me it might be a modem problem.The whole time they were in connstant contact with me through phone or E-mail. About 3 days later, I got a new modem in the mail. No shipping, no deposit, no hassle. I swapped the modem and that was it. Got another follow up call to make sure everything was running smoothly.I havent had a single second of down time since. Ive only called with questions now, which they were happy to answer.( like I said they're all pretty cool)

Ive had other isps and know how fustrating it can be dealing with a company that acts like it could care less about you or your business.It can take several calls and a couple of weeks to get anything done. These guys take customer support to the extreme.

member for 9.1 years, 2192 visits, last login: a few hours ago