Atlantic Nexus page on DSLReports

Review by oneijack See Profile

• Location: Dallas,Paulding,GA
Good "Fast Friendly And Knowledgeable."
Bad "None So Far"
Overall "Great Company If You Dont Want To Deal With The Big Guys."

I have run the gambit with dsl and cable companies for hi speed net. I needed net and was dreading dealing with Bell South yet again. I even tried Earthlink which was a joke, not sure what was worse, the customer service or the net going down once a week with them. I have had very few problems with Atnex. Actually the only problems I have ever had are caused by Bell South and not them (line problems at the pole, Bell South networks going down etc..) So far I would say I've had a 99% up time and really no complaints. When calling Atnex I get to a real person who speaks "English" and really cares about me. That's a crazy thought, a company that cares about their customers.

Comments:

Review by Daina06 See Profile

• Location: Kennesaw,Cobb,GA
Good "Atlantic Nexus was fast, courteous and a first rate company…"
Bad "none"
Overall "I finally found a home...:-)"

Atlantic Nexus ROCKS!!

I have been tired of dial-up for sometime now…just to lazy to switch…so after complaining long enough (and people tired of hearing me complain…lol) I was informed of a company that provided FASTER SERVICE…ATLANTIC NEXUS, and the rest is HISTORY.

The Sales representative for Atlantic Nexus was amazing. First I was not on “ETERNAL HOLD” and they were able to answer my questions in a timely manner and very knowledgeable in their product.
The technical support and customer service team was just as amazing. Since I am very computer illiterate...they made me feel really comfortable with my questions while they installed my service and called what seemed like a million times for help. Both departments were helpful, courteous, friendly and patient.

For the first time ever, I am VERY VERY VEEEEEEEEERY HAPPY, thrilled and elated about my Internet service. I will be recommending them (Atlantic Nexus) to all my friends and family.

Comments:

Review by atropos754 See Profile

• Location: Athens,Clarke,GA
  • CLEC party: BellSouth
Good "INCREDIBLE customer service, stable as a rock, deliver promised speed"
Bad "They have to rely on Bellsouth"
Overall "Get your DSL service through them. You won't regret it."

Moved into a new apartment in Athens, GA at the beginning of January, and decided to go with DSL since I had used Charter Cable for so long and was disillusioned with them, both with the connection and the tech/customer support.

After reading some reviews on this site, I decided to go through Atlantic Nexus. I called to make sure that I could get service at my apartment, waited on hold for about 3-4 minutes, and then was asked to leave my phone number so that a rep could call me back, rather than waste my time on hold. Sure enough, a sales rep called me back within about 5 minutes. They couldn't find my apartment/phone number listed in the system, since it was brand new, but they said they'd get in touch will Bellsouth and make sure that they could offer service

They called me back the next day and said that they could indeed offer service, so I proceeded to order the 3500/384 service. The modem (An Efficient Networks Speedstream 5260) was waiting for me when I moved into the apartment, but once I connected everything I wasn't able to log in.

A quick call (at 11pm...these guys offer 24/7 tech support) resolved that there had been a miscommunication in my username, and sure enough, once they fixed it I was able to log on. Unfortunately, I was only getting about 1200/180. I called Atnex (late night again) and they said that it was entered into their system correctly, and that most likely Bellsouth hadn't connected the line properly. They emailed me back about 20 minutes later saying that Bellsouth had promised to have someone look at it within 24 hours.

Around noon the next day, a different rep called me and said that Bellsouth claimed to have fixed it and asked me to run a speed test. I've been getting 2800+ down /300+ up consistently for the past month, which is nearly perfect for the speeds I ordered.

The other thing that impressed me was that they actually looked into switching my line from Interleave to Fastpath. Even though the tech I talked to at first wasn't familiar with the terms, he called Bellsouth and spoke with an engineer there. He made the change and just told me that if I was unhappy with it, to call him back. Unfortunately, my line was a bit too noisy for it to work, but I was impressed with how they handled it.

In short, I've been perfectly happy with my internet connection for the first time ever. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Comments:

Review by bwortham See Profile

• Location: Duluth,Fulton,GA
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (6 month contract)
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Speeds are very consistent and service is first rate. Reminds me of mindspring when it first started up."
Overall "I have found a great provider that I plan to stay with for a long time."

If nothing else about Atlantic Nexus impresses you, the personal service will blow you away. They know what technical service is suppose to be handled.

Comments:

Review by Jaggco See Profile

• Location: Powder Springs,Cobb,GA
Good "Excellent service!"
Overall "Great service!!"

I have had the service for one year and the service has been the best! If there is ever a problem with my PC hardware / software the problem has been fixed ASAP. Highly recommend the service!!
Gilbert

Comments:

Review by jamesp41 See Profile

• Location: Powder Springs,Cobb,GA
Good "Outstanding service for a reasonable price."
Overall "I would never consider those mega providers again."

We have had the service for several years now. The connection is always there, until we recently changed our home phone service. In talking to the new phone company they claimed they were not informed of the DSL service and it would be 7 to 10 days before the service would be back up. I figured it would be worth a shot to see if Atlantic Nexus could help get the service up any quicker. I explained the issue to the Atlantic Nexus customer support person, who said he would see what could do and he would call be back. He did call me back and said the best they could promise was getting the service up in 24 to 48 hours, much better than 7 to 10 days. Within 2 hours I noticed the DSL light on my DSL modem was green, and sure enough the connection was back up. They showed that they care about their customers.

Comments:

Review by jflorence21 See Profile

• Location: Atlanta,Fulton,GA
  • CLEC party: BellSouth
Good "Awesome customer support and service has been flawless"
Overall "This is so much better than Comcast....................."

Before switching to Atlantic Nexus, I had previously been a Comcast cable/internet customer for the past 2 1/2 years. I was always experiencing problems with their service, but HEY, I had 6Mbps downloads!!! The constant service interruptions bundled with the mental midgets I was always dealing with at Comcast brought me to the conclusion that they were one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with.

So...I jumped on broadbandreports and found such awesome reviews for Atnex that I immediately ordered a phone line from Bellsouth and made the switch to the 3.0Mbps service.. The customer support has been awesome so far, and the service has not gone down one time in the past month. I am paying a little more per month than I was before, but at this point I do not care because I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.....

Thanks for the great service guys, and keep up the great work!

Jeremy

Comments:

Review by dward See Profile

• Location: Powder Springs,Cobb,GA
  • CLEC party: BellSouth
Good "Personal attention. Excellent Service"
Overall "Would recommend service to all friends and businesses."

Since I switched from Bell South to Atnex, the quality and professionalism of the company has been excellent. The staff has always been on hand to help me with any problems I encountered. To deal with a company where you have a "close" relationship with the staff is a breath of fresh air. I t was very annoying to always talk to a computer when I called in to Bell South!! Atnex has been great to me and I hope other will soon switch over so they can enjoy the same great service that I do. THANKS ATNEX!!!!!!!

Comments:

Review by toddandrobin See Profile

• Location: Powder Springs,Cobb,GA
Good "all good"
Bad "none"
Overall "excellent isp"

I have used Atnex since Jan. of 2004 and have been very happy. The only complaints I have are that they make me pay for the service and I wish I could get a cool coffee mug. Other than that, Atnex is top notch.

Todd

Comments:

Review by Skip05 See Profile

• Location: Powder Springs,Cobb,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Great connection speed"
Overall "All around great service!"

I recently decided to switch to Atlantic Nexus and I couldn’t be more pleased with their service and the customer support they provide. I have to agree with bjornb's statement: 'these guys are the best!'