surpasshosting page on DSLReports

Review by itsmethee See Profile

• Location: Champaign,Champaign,IL
Good "Very friendly and personable even as they have gotten big."
Bad "None in the past year."
Overall "If you are looking for affordable hosting there is no better place to go"
Setup experience:

I have been with surpass for three years now and I still love them. When I started they rented space in the nac.net datacenter (same datacenter as BBR) but soon after they moved to thier very own datacenter. Since then the pices have gotten better and serviece has only gotten better. The move was a little rocky (okay, very rocky) but in the past year and a half I have had zero problems.

The online community at »surmunity.com is a major plus and gives surpass a home feeling. I would not choose any other host and I feel like they really care about all of there customers also.

Comments:

Review by muffins See Profile

• Location: Clarksville,Clark,IN
Good "Great customer service, bang for the buck, overall great service"
Bad "None at the moment."
Overall "I always recommend surpass"
Setup experience:

I've been with SH for well over a year now and have never had any kind of issue with their service or performance, hell not even their billing. Previously I was with xanthion (reseller) and had alot of issues with their billing (claiming I didn't pay, when statement shows withdrawl) and decided to take a chance with SH, and got my first reseller account with them. Since then I have not looked back.

- The amount per month for the storage and bandwidth, is amazing.
- Support has had a turnaround time of a couple of hours.
- Transferred over clients from another hosting company with ease and in a timely matter.
- Great interaction on their forum (surmunity.com)

Comments:

Review by jp See Profile

• Location: Fountain Hills,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Good support and generous plans"
Bad "None found"
Overall "Great value"
Setup experience:

Moved from my old hosting outfit to Surpass about a month ago. Started with a reseller plan (they have some great benefits for resellers) and recently moved to a VPS plan where I have ownership of my virtual server with the ability to resell reselling plans as well as normal reselling. Connectivity has been great and the few times I needed technical support, the issues were resolved quickly and the support staff was great. I generally get an initial response from a tech within 15 mins or so.

The upgrade from reseller to VPS went smoothly and all the accounts I had under the old server were moved for me to the new server.

They also have a user-to-user forum where questions regarding applications or service can be posted and answered. Great bunch of folk on the forums - Surpass folks also monitor the forums and answer questions as well.

Overall:
+ Good toolset with cpanel and WHM for resellers.
+ Good support.
+ Good pricing.
- Could use more FAQs on how to use some of the tools they provide

member for 14.1 years, 6414 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by DewKnight See Profile

• Location: Woodland Park,Teller,CO
Good "Excellet up time, support, and service"
Bad "Not found anything bad about them yet"
Overall "Go with Surpass if you need affordable hosting, or even if you need to co locate multiple servers."

·Peak Internet
I started out with Surpass about a year and a half ago with a standard shared plan. It was set up instantly, and the server was very fast. About half a year after that I decided to upgrade to a reseller account. The upgrade was completed very fast (within a couple of days, as soon as I had decided what I wanted them to move over the the new account). Just a couple of months back I decided to upgrade again. This time I decided to go for a dedicated server, to be able to run anything that I needed, and basically to get some experience running a dedicated server. My server was set up within 3 hours of my order. They are awesome at helping me out with anything that I need on the server (It is a fully managed server, as are all dedicated servers offered through Surpass).

I have filed support tickets using the help desk. Each one has been answered within 15 minutes, and the problem solved shortly after that (depending on how involved my request is). I highly recommend Surpass Hosting for anybody that is just looking for a low cost web host, maybe just playing around with some websites, to large companies who need to co-locate multiple servers. They are the best host that I have ever used.

member for 8.7 years, 121 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Lostintech See Profile

• Location: Philadelphia,Philadelphia,PA
Good "Everything"
Bad "There's nothing bad about them"
Overall "If you need a webhost, go with Surpasshosting.com!"
Setup experience:

Hi. A friend and I use surpasshosting.com to host our small website. It's a basic forum that has 50 members. Surpasshosting.com is the greatest host for us. The give us 2 GB of space, 20 GB of bandwidth, unlimited MySQL, FTP accounts, email accounts, you name it, they have it. It only costs us $4.94 per month. So if you need a webhost, go to »www.surpasshosting.com