Atlantic Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by dliw See Profile

• Location: Altoona,Blair,PA
Good "Dependable service"
Bad "None I can think of."
Overall "Satisfied customer"

8 July 2014
»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3612795167

24 Dec 2013
Free upgrade to 30/3 from 20/2. All is good.
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3185969012][IMG]»www.speedtest.net/result/3185969···G][/URL]

2 Jun 2013
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]»www.speedtest.net/result/2747562···G][/URL]
20/2 very stable

16 Oct 2012
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]»www.speedtest.net/result/2245140···G][/URL]

30 July 2012
Got an upgrade. Very satisfied with ABB.
»www.speedtest.net/result/2091047175.png

17 Jan 2012
Getting better all the time!

»www.speedtest.net/result/1712673233.png

17 Dec 2011
Got an upgrade and didn't know it?

:::.. Combined Test Results ..:::
Upload Speed:: 120 kB/s
Tested At:: »TestMy.net version:12
Test Time:: 2011-12-17 11:38:30 Local Time
Validation:: »testmy.net/db/tNOY85I.P89wVAb
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0) [!]

22 March 2006
This past Saturday VoIP was installed by Atlantic Broadband along with an upgrade to Digital Cable for the television. Internet is still 3/320. All services are consistently of high quality. The modem for VoIP and internet is Motorola SBV5220 Surfboard. Great diagnostics page.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 3916 Kbps about 3.92 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)
Download Speed is:: 478 kB/s
Tested From:: »testmy.net/ (Server 1)
Test Time:: 2006/08/18 - 5:50pm
Bottom Line:: 68X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 2.14 sec
Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 12.515 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 57.27 % faster than the average for host (atlanticbb.net)
D-Validation Link:: »testmy.net/stats/id-FJPCB364S
User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; WP EmbeddedWB 14.55; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::
Upload Connection is:: 314 Kbps about 0.31 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 38 kB/s
Tested From:: »testmy.net/ (Server 1)
Test Time:: 2006/08/18 - 5:51pm
Bottom Line:: 5X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 26.95 sec
Tested from a 579 kB file and took 15.09024 seconds to complete
Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 22.66 % faster than the average for host (atlanticbb.net)
U-Validation Link:: »testmy.net/stats/id-640RMU7WL

21 February 2007
Nothing new to report. Had a couple of outages but they were weather related. Customer service is fast, patient and usually knowledgeable. I'm still a satisfied user of Atlantic Broadband.

30 August 2007

19 February 2008
Again: "This service, internet~digital cable~VoIP, is just plain stable. It's a set and forget item. Absolutely nothing negative to report."

23 June 2008
Effective 1 September 2008, Atlantic Broadband will be increasing speeds across the board in Pennsylvania at no extra charge. As follows:

Starter High Speed 320/320 to 512/512. Kbps of course.
Preferred High Speed 3/320 to 5/512. Me!
Max High Speed 5/512 to 8/512.

Still very satisfied with Atlantic Broadband

22 August 2008
Got the speed increase a bit early. Preliminary results are as follows:

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::
Download Connection is:: 4748 Kbps about 4.75 Mbps (tested with 4096 kB)
Download Speed is:: 580 kB/s
Upload Connection is:: 482 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 59 kB/s
Tested From:: »testmy.net (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/08/22 - 6:50am
D-Validation Link:: »testmy.net/stats/id-0VG9RN63P
U-Validation Link:: »testmy.net/stats/id-ZWIS1AXRF
User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; OfficeLiveConnector.1.0; WWTClient2) [!]

28 February 2009
This past week, I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday, was the first time I encountered any real problems with service.. Early in the morning the cable, internet and VoIP went down. The outage covered Central PA and parts of Maryland.

The cable and VoIP came back on very fast but no internet connection could be made. I tried every trick in the book trying to reestablish it to no avail. Finally called a tech friend and explained the problem. Simple solution was a pin hole reset button on the back of the Motorola SBV5220 Surfboard. Fixed.

I don't know if ABB should have/could have sent a reset signal to the network or not. Would have saved me and probably a multitude of others a major source of frustration. O'well, at least I have learned another avenue of solving a problem from this experience. Good can come out of bad.

7 October 2009
Nothing new to report. We simply have a very stable system here which I am very satisfied with. When I do have an issue of any kind Customer Service is swift in resolving it. Kudos to Atlantic Broadband in Central PA.

30 October 2010
Geez...it's been a year!
:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::
Download Connection is:: 4773 Kbps about 4.77 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
Download Speed is:: 583 kB/s
Upload Connection is:: 470 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 57 kB/s
Tested From:: »testmy.net (Dallas, TX USA)
Test Time:: 2010-10-30 08:14:47 GMT -7
Validation:: »testmy.net/db/6SGHR418X&q2=1UMQO···dual=yes
User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; WWTClient2) [!]

member for 11.5 years, 5301 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by GibbyGibson See Profile

• Location: Johnstown,Cambria,PA
Good "Customer service is very nice."
Bad "They have been ripping us off for years, we have been paying for the fastest internet for a few years but only received slowest."
Overall "You can't get any of the new packages which are much better deals (they are for NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY) and they rip you off."

We have been with Atlantic Broadband for years now. They are the only cable/internet/phone provider in my area. They will rob you blind. A few years ago, we upgraded to the most expensive package they had, which had the fastest internet, best tv, best phone, etc. THAT PACKAGE WAS MORE THAN THE MOST EXPENSIVE PACKAGE THEY OFFER TODAY, yet they were still making us play full for it. And get this: the package that is the most expensive one today (still cheaper than what we were paying) gives you more service than the one we were paying for! We had the slowest internet yet was paying $175 per month for the fastest, but was only getting the slowest! When I called to downgrade/upgrade to the new most expensive package, they said IT WAS FOR NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY and that I WAS STUCK PAYING FOR THE MOST EXPENSIVE PACKAGE FROM 8 YEARS AGO! I can't even upgrade to their NEW MOST EXPENSIVE PACKAGE! They are robbing us blind, and if I had another choice, believe me, I would be switching in a heart beat.

Comments:
Os

join:2011-01-26
US

1 recommendation

You Have Options

Plenty of options for phone service that don't involve ABB, and there's always DirecTV and Dish for TV.

Review by Tasogare See Profile

• Location: Carmichaels,Greene,PA
Good "Fast tech support response, nothing else"
Bad "Extremely poor Tier 1 phone support, extremely pricey, very unstable connection"
Overall "Absolutely do not use if you have ANY other alternative in your area"

We've been using Atlantic Broadband for about five years in Southwest PA, without a single issue. Since their buyout by Cogeco last year, however, they have been absolutely terrible. Since January 2012 continuing to the present day, it has been impossible to go a single day without multiple disconnects and modem rebooting.

They refuse to support Docsis 3 standards without hiking up the price on your contract, even if you're only looking to use the channel bonding feature to avoid said daily disconnects, which are due to the modem unable to switch channels for load balancing.

Their phone support is utterly useless, with tier 1 techs having no idea what load balancing even IS, having no idea modems even communicate on channels, and so on. The price is ridiculous as well, as we've been entered into the most basic cable package and only 10Mb/s internet for $160/mo. A simple upgrade to 20Mb/s would be $180/mo.

Since coming under Cogeco, Atlantic Broadband has gone from an extremely reliable service to a provider I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Avoid at all costs if you can help it.

Edited for January 2014--The problems have continued for the past two years to the present day. I have received no actual help from the company no matter how many times they supposedly fix something and give me the company run around. It's even worse now. I've had 8 disconnects in the past 48 hours, but I've given up calling them for help. They're not going to do anything in an area where they have no competition.

Comments:
ABBJason

join:2010-06-03
Altoona, PA

Would be happy to help

Tasogare, I work for Atlantic Broadband. I'm very sorry to hear you've had problems with your service latley, and would like the opportunity to work with you to resolve your issues. If you want to send me a private message on this website, we can exchange some information and get in touch. I feel confident we can find the source of your internet connection issues and resolve them.
Tasogare

join:2008-10-04
Carmichaels, PA

Re: Would be happy to help

Not entirely sure how to PM on this site, it's a bit clunky and.. unique, to say the least. I sent you an IM though, hopefully that worked.
Tasogare

join:2008-10-04
Carmichaels, PA
Are you going to help? I messaged you almost a week ago, and I see you've had site visits since then. :\
ABBJason

join:2010-06-03
Altoona, PA

Re: Would be happy to help

I have replied to your PM after looking into the issues you raised.

Review by mmereos See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "Better then Comcast for internet Speeds"
Bad "Not too many features with regards to Cable TV options. They charge a HUGE premium for additional DVR's or Cable boxes."
Overall "I am happy to have switched back to them since I moved. "

I am re-writing my review since the original one is over 6 years old and I live in Aventura, FL now instead of Miami Beach, FL

I moved here on July of 2013 coming from Comcast/Xfinity Cable Internet which I have always paid the extra for the business class vs residential.

As far as services for your Cable TV, Comcast has a lot of excellent features like the ability to delete/add programs to your DVR over the internet and also using iPad or iPhone you can stream programs to the smartphones and tablets. But since this is the internet provider review I will say I have been very impressed by Atlantic Broadband.
I am on the 70Mb down/5Mb up plan. My condo pays for the 30Mb down and for an additional $20 or $30 I opted for the 70 Mb plan.
Wow what a difference from Comcast.
Comcast has this marketing term called Turbo Boost that boosts your speed for the first useless 500Mb that you download and then they throttle it down. My understanding from Comcast business is that they didn't do that for Business Class customers and I am realizing now that I have Atlantic Broadband that they definitely do some sort of throttling. My downloads are smooooooth and fast. I was never getting these results with Comcast and I was paying about $110/month.

Sorry Comcast, I loved you guys but Atlantic Broadband has you beat in terms of RAW internet speeds.

I could have chosen to go with Comcast's 100Mb down but that was going to be approximately $189/month if I recall.

So if I were to chose between Comcast, Atlantic Broadband, and DSL I would definitely go Atlantic Broadband.

Comments:

Review by cashaww See Profile

• Location: Johnstown,Cambria,PA
Good "Amazingly reliable. Rarely goes down."
Bad "Price vs. Speed"
Overall "I have not real issues with ABB, other than the price, and speed."

When we moved here, we were under the impression ABB was going to be bought out by Comcast. Ran into the CEO at a local watering hole, and this was quickly dispelled this. If FIOS ever shows up here, and from very reliable sources, it will probably NEVER come here, I would leave ABB in a heartbeat. My only issue it Price for the Speed. I want ABB to match Comcast. Plus I would really like to get a static IP, with the same speeds as residential.

Comments:

Review by Olivier R See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "very fast and stable"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "better than Uverse!"

30mbps/3mbps for $44, that's a very good pricing. This service is much faster then Uverse in the same zip code. Get a Motorola 6580, top speed is as advertised.

Just had to call them over the phone to upgrade my previous service with them 6mb to 30, plus get a $10 discount!

Recommended

Comments:

Review by lmamakos See Profile

• Location: Three Springs,Huntingdon,PA
Good "Rapid, high-quality installation, solid 21/2.1 Mb/s speeds"
Bad "none, so far"
Overall "Good upgrade for me"

I ordered the Atlantic BB "Express Service" which is a 20Mbs/2Mbs Internet service. Promo pricing is $29.95/month (I think) + $6/month modem rental.

Upgraded from 6Mb/s DSL which was topped out based on my location and the DSLAM. Decided to give Atlantic BB a try. In my central PA market, they rebuilt the system 7 or 8 years ago and now have a full digital cable and DOCSIS 3.0 infrastructure. They had a "special" for 12 months for their 20/2 Mb/s bandwidth tier, which ended up being cheaper than the DSL service. Even after the end of the promotional pricing period in a year, the rate would bump up to $5/month more than I was paying before, but for significantly more bandwidth.

I got an installation appointment 2 days after calling to order service. The technician arrived during the promised 8:30am-12:00noon window.

I live in a rural market, and the installer/technician is a company employee with a company "bucket truck", who lives in my community. Two other technicians that service this market apparently are within 10 or 15 miles (which is "nearby" for us out in the sticks). He's not just an installer, but also services the outside plant for the system i this local market. I had already run RG6 quad-sheild inside my home from the basement distribution where my router is to the outside of the house, and pulled some quad-shield outside plant cable I had through an empty conduit tube out to the utility pole. (That was installed at the same time as the buried conduit for the electrical service.) The installer said he would have been happy to have pulled the cable, but I wasn't sure beforehand if that would have been a problem.. He installed connectors on all the cables I ran, installed a box on the pole with a ground block and another box on the outside of the house with a ground block. The installation work was very high quality and nice craft work. I attribute this to employee vs. contractor that, e.g., Comcast uses in some markets.

Atlantic BB supplied a Motorola SB6180 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. This modem is capable of bonding 8/4 channels together, though on my system, it's using 4/1 channels. Rental on the modem is $6/month; I may end up purchasing my own modem if I decide to stay with Atlantic BB after a couple of months.

The technician had a pretty slick JDSU test-set to measure signal strength and actually come up on the network. Apparently the test-set is it's own DOCSIS device, which sure seems handy for testing and debugging. I have a pretty hot signal at the end of my drop, requiring a 6dB attenuator. Nice to know there's probably plenty of margin.

The technician called in to activate the modem, and it came up in about 10 minutes after downloading a firmware upgrade and configuration files. Worked like a champ!

I'm using Vonage VoIP service and have been testing network performance during various times of the day, and the speeds seem pretty consistent at the top end of what I was promised. VoIP quality seems good. I get solid 21.5 Mb/s downloads based on both their speedtest.altlanticbb.com server as well as various speedtest.net servers on other networks. My upstream performance also looks good, though I have a traffic shaper at a hair below 2Mb/s so that the VoIP traffic can be prioritized on the way out. The 2Mb/s upstream rate is a big improvement over the about 300-500kb/s I had before on the DSL service.

Our Three Springs, PA area is backhauled from a local coax RF hub over fiber to Altoona, PA. From there, they're one hop off the Level3 backbone based on the traceroute tests I've run.

So far, I'm very pleased with my upgrade and Atlantic BB service. It's only been a few days, so I'm anxious to see how the performance holds up and how often service interruptions occur. The outside plant seems to be fairly well kept from a physical infrastructure perspective, and now we'll see how often "unscheduled maintenance" events happen to occur further upstream.

I have only Internet data service from Atlantic BB, so no review or comments on their VoIP or video offerings. For various reasons, I'm very unlikely to give up my Vonage service, and presently have DirecTV for video which seems to have a better HD and DVR feature set.

** UPDATE - Two weeks in, and service has remained solid. I have cancelled my DSL service and will be sticking with ABB based on performance so far. I've run occasional speed tests at various times during the day, and the bandwidth measurements have remained consistent. (Upstream performance as reported in the speedtest is actually a little higher since my router has an egress traffic shaper tuned to just below the actual capacity for the QoS feature to work.)

Comments:

Review by saboken See Profile

• Location: Johnstown,Cambria,PA
Good "I get internet and TV"
Bad "Poor line up for $ Cable Card FCC Violations"
Overall "The Most Dishonest Company Ever!!!!!!"

I purchased a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe card, first the woman at the local office in Johnstown PA was very rude about my choice to use a Cable Card! second they refused to hit the card from the head end and resulted in a unnecessary truck roll that I told them I refuse to pay for because they were at fault for not listening to me! and they said if I was at fault they would charge me. Guess what I was right the tech had to hit the card from the Head End!

Then comes the FCC law that says they need to deduct the cost of the equipment I was leasing prior to going to a Cable Card, this is where they may have dug themselves a grave, they told me if I return the DVR and HD receiver, I would be breaking my bundle and I would be charged ala carte? the law clearly states they have to discount me the published rate for the equipment that was included in my package!!

I have filed a complaint with the FCC about the clear law violation and also contacted the Attorney General, Ceton also asked if they could help and I agreed! they called ABB and Ceton told me they (ABB) would call me, when that call came they had the nerve to offer me a $2.00 discount? I refused and she said I was already getting a discount in my bundle and they could not give me anymore! because they would not be making any money!

I told them I would let the FCC deal with them and I was trying to work with them to sort this out before the FCC forced them to obey the laws! so now I have their equipment in a closet because I can't return it without penalty yet and will demand a refund for it from the day I activated the Cable Card! has anyone else on ABB in PA had this issue? have you filed FCC complaints? if not I think we need to stand up for our rights and do whatever it takes to get this sorry company to Obey the Federal Laws imposed on them! this includes Tivo users, I don't know about you but I am tired of Company's walking all over consumers and believing they are above the law. I should be getting about a $45.00 discount and if the debundle me I will be paying $60.00 more than I am now!

I forgot to mention one of their installers Stole a Narcotic Prescription from my disabled wife! he knew she was legally blind and didn't get it the first day! so he came back the next day unannounced in uniform and said he forgot to take a reading?

ABB verified he was not authorized to return and did not report his stop, he denied it but I have Cameras outside my home linked to my security system that busted him! ABB never once offered anything for their employees wrong doing yes He was arrested and charged.

I never filed suit against ABB even though they are responsible for their employees actions, I reminded them on the phone there is a 2 year statute of limitation to sue them and they still didn't care about the FCC law! the case is public info at Cambria County Court House, there may have been more victims of the Employee?

if a Johnstown PA ABB installer stole from you PM me if you know the name of the Installer? if it is the same person I will pm the court docket # to you! I will not post his name because I don't want anyone making false claims! I am Ex law enforcement and will not allow a witch hunt to start just because you hate ABB.

There Tech that stole from us has managed to get 5 more cases put on him ID theft, fraud, and a bunch of other charges there are 4-5 Felony's! even after he got a slap on the wrist and no Jail time but ABB assured me they check everyone out! I don't think so. now when anyone from ABB is at my home I won't let them more than 4 feet from me!!!

Now they are owned by Cogeco

I hope this brings much needed change to ABB

Comments:
saboken

join:2003-10-12
Johnstown, PA
·Atlantic Broadband

I have one good thing to say about ABB

When DirecTv gave me a bad receiver that started zapping electronics in my previous home including there Voice Modem they swapped it out free even after it was there competitors equipment that did the damage because Direct Sat refused to ground their equipment! and one of DTV's boxes started to put 77.6 volts out through it's ground and it had nowhere to go except first into the modem because there Swim networking device was attached to a router next to the modem, and a few other computers in the house. and DirectTv refused to pay for any damages but fortunately our Military Insurance USAA paid on the claim! this left a bad taste in my mouth about DTV and I had no choice but to choose ABB for TV even with the loss of 3D Channels and a lot of other HD channels. I just wish they would have helped prove to USAA that the DTV receiver was in fact pumping out voltage through it's ground USAA lost the suit against DTV because we had no proof from a witness that our claim was valid the ABB tech was the only professional that saw the voltage reading that was neutral in the case.
wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

Something didn't ring true...

I made a quick call to my FCC attorney friend and he told me, like it or not, de-bundling you is something they are within their rights to do. It isn't right but it is how they get away with discouraging the use of your own equipment.
saboken

join:2003-10-12
Johnstown, PA
·Atlantic Broadband

Re: Something didn't ring true...

This is the FCC Rule for CableCard users. They CAN NOT debundle you! It clearly states that you will receive discount on whatever package you are in, see 1st section of this rule:

New rules went into effect on August 8, 2011, that clarified and expanded rights for owners of CableCARD-ready devices. Here are a few things you need to know.

Pay only for equipment you have. Your operator must give you a discount on any packages that include the price of a set-top box if you choose to use your own CableCARD-enabled device. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(5).
Accurate information on the rental cost of a CableCARD from your provider. Your operator must list the cost of a CableCARD rental on its website or billing inserts and on its annual rate notice, and must provide you with this information when you call. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(5), 76.1602(b). Typically operators charge $2-4 per month to rent a CableCARD.
Use your own set-top box without extra charge. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(5)(C). Your cable operator may charge you to lease a CableCARD or tuning adapter, but may not charge you an additional service fee for using your own digital-cable-ready television or set-top box.
Self-install your CableCARD. Effective August 8, 2011, cable operators must allow self-installation of CableCARDs if they allow self-installation of other equipment, such as digital boxes or cable modems. By November 1, 2011, all cable operators must allow self-installation of CableCARDs. Your operator may decline your request for self-installation if your equipment manufacturer or vendor does not provide you with instructions on how to install a CableCARD and offer a toll-free telephone number for product support. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(1).
Receive the number of CableCARDs you request. If you opt for a professional installation by your cable operator, the technician must arrive with at least the number of CableCARDs you request. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(3). If you opt for self installation your operator must provide them to you through their normal self-installation procedures (for example by mailing them to you or letting you pick them up at the operator’s local retail location). Some CableCARD devices may require two CableCARDs to access all features. Refer to your user manual for more information.
Receive a multi-stream CableCARD unless you request otherwise. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(2). If you have a retail device with more than one tuner and that device supports multi-stream CableCARDs, one multi-stream CableCARD can allow you to access multiple simultaneous channels.
Receive all “linear” channels (channels other than “on-demand”) in your subscription package. This includes premium channels and specialty channels. For some channels delivered using a technique called “switched digital video,” you may need a second device called a “tuning adapter.” This device is typically provided at no additional charge to CableCARD customers. FCC Rule 76.1205(b)(4). CableCARD-ready devices currently cannot receive your cable operator’s Video on Demand services.
Get accurate information about services available to CableCARD subscribers. FCC Rule 76.1205(c).
If your cable operator does not resolve your concern, you may file a complaint with the FCC and/or your local franchise authority. To file your complaint with the Commission, click on www.fcc.gov/complaints.
wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

Re: Something didn't ring true...

Correct. A "package" is different than a "bundle" of multiple services.

Review by streaming3 See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "Customer service, installation, speed, price"
Bad "Nothing so far"
Overall "Very satisfied with Atlantic Broadband's Internet service"

Atlantic Broadband (AB), which was bought by Canadian-based Cogeco in July 2012, is my cable provider (near South Miami). I had AT&T DSL 6 Mbps service, but I wanted to experiment with its DOCSIS 3.0 Internet service because it was priced very competitively and could provide superior bandwidth. I selected the 30 Mbps/3 Mbps plan for $45. In addition, there was an introductory service promotion for six months (about $26 a month). However, after reading reviews about AB, especially in the Miami area, I was prepared for the worst. And yet, I had one of the smoothest installation experiences ever.

First, I called the company to get additional information. The installation would be $40, and I would purchase the Harris cable modem for $89. My installation appointment was the next day between 12:30 and 4:30 pm. The customer service representative was friendly and efficient.

Second, the technician arrived on time at 12:45 pm the next day. He was experienced, efficient, and friendly. He deployed a new coaxial line from the tap to my home office. Two hours later, I was on the web and had 30 Mbps/3 Mbps Internet service. What I really liked about the installation is that I was able to connect my D-Link DIR-655 wireless router to the Harris modem without problems. This is a key reason why I did not select the available U-Verse service (the gateway includes both the modem and the wireless router).

Out of curiosity, I asked the technician why there are so many negative comments about AB service, especially in Miami Beach. He replied that service is quite tricky in Miami Beach because, despite hardware replacements, salt continues to corrode the cable equipment in that area.

Thus far, I am very satisfied with AB's Internet service. I have had consistently 30 Mbps/3 Mbps bandwidth without interruptions.

Comments:

Review by flipper9 See Profile

• Location: Johnstown,Cambria,PA
Good "Great speed for money for this area"
Bad "Only choice in this area"
Overall "Good service, always has been reliable"

Just upgraded from DOCSIS 2 to 3 modem, got faster service 20mbps down and 2bmps up for 12 month $39.99 introductory price. Had called several times prior and they said that deal wasn't available, but got it eventually. It's no FIOS, but pretty good for this rural area.