Electronic Box page on DSLReports

Review by mugurd See Profile

• Location: Ottawa, ON
Good "Seamless transition from Start (36hrs) despite what others have reported"
Bad "Occasional speed drops at peak times, but not chronic"
Overall "Best offer out there for cable in SE Ontario, decent speed consistency"

I've been with Ebox for 3 months now and save for 2 Rogers outages (when I really had a hard time getting through to Ebox support) everything seems OK. Almost as good as Start and miles ahead of CikTel (see my other reviews).
I do appreciate their presence on DSL forums and pretty timely responses and explanations - kudos for that and I hope their fast growth won't impact the quality of services.
I could be biased because I'm one of the (apparently) few ones that went through a TPIA to TPIA move and was down for only 36hrs - while I kept my modem and all.
Part of the high satisfaction factor is the 6months promo -30$ for 30megs (1TB cap)

Not too thrilled with all the chatter about "Off-Peak" and extra charge for it - we'll see what trickles down when they start applying it to the Ontario market.

Will update the review periodically as I always think that there is an initial impression and then what matters is the long term experience.

Comments:

Review by RickPlateau See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Smooth as butter"
Bad "A bit long to install"
Overall "So far so good."

Traumatized by bell, I ordered on Oct 1, they said it would take 10 days. 8 days out, I get a call that guy is comming from 0730 - 1230 on the 15th.

On the 15th, @0930 Ding dong! Polite competant videotron guy arrives, runs wires through place, tests for signal all good. Warns it might be 3hrs more before activation, but I plugged in the modem (rented from Ebox) and voila -- linked right away. Run test on speedtest.net, 10/1.5 as described.

Went MUCH smoother than I thought it would. Got what I paid for. Let's see how their billing and caps work out, but so far so good. And a HUGE releaf from B(Hell). It scares me when things go well.:)

Comments:

EboxSteven

Concerning your review

We are more than happy to see that things went well for you! I understand you may have had problems with some other providers but fear not; it's only normal when things go well with us! Any problem will be solved and we offer great after-sale support on many different levels! Thank you for taking your time to share with us!

mugurd

join:2001-05-24
Ottawa, ON

...and only 75%?

Looks to me you're pretty happy, why the 75% score?

Review by nster See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Problem-free internet, billing etc. Super Off-Peak"
Bad "I didn't discover them earlier"
Overall "You won't regret the switch"

15/10 125GB with Super Off-Peak. Transfer from Videotron was seemless. Been with them for almost a year now.

Group buy saved me an additional 10$ from Modem and 2$ EVERY MONTH. My 37$ plan became 35$. And then, every referral you do saves you 1$ FOR LIFE even if the person quits later on. I'm now trying the Super Off-Peak option, half the day of unlimited while I'm not in front of the computer is awesome for downloads, and unlimited upload is awesome for backups.

Customer service is top notch, no more begging Videotron to renew my rebates... My main motivation was that I didn't want my parents to get ripped off by Videotron and Bell with their shady tactics at times. Perhaps the thing that makes me want to stay with EBOX is their transparency and honesty though.

If you want to save 2$ like me, PM me your e-mail address and I'll find you a group

member for 1.2 years, 551 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by blakenet See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "pas cher, stable, rapide"
Bad "le systeme de vidéoétron est vraiment pourri"
Overall "EBOX IS THE BEST"

prix EXCELLENT
service EXCELLENT
installation... ok coté ebox, pourri du coté de videotron
bref tout ce qui vient de Ebox est parfait

member for 4 years, 1026 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by jejeclav See Profile

• Location: Beloeil,QC
Good "In progress"
Bad "A chaotic beginning! "
Overall "Hopefully things will get better now that installation is done (45 days)"

Aug 16 : I ordered their Cable service (Extreme 20) as transfer from Videotron

I was emailed that it would take 3 to 7 days to get an appointment (it is also indicated on their website).

During the order process, I had indicated that I needed installation during weekend (they give you time slots to choose)

First phone call for an appointment : 12 September (that is to say nearly a month after I pass the order!)- they give me an appointment during the week. OK...let us fix another apointment. They call me back

Second call : 15 September. They AGAIN give me an apointment for the week

Third call : 19 September: Appointment given at last for Saturday 9-28

Saturday 9-28. The technician comes. He says he works principally for Videotron. After 10 minutes he leaves my home, saying: you should have internet in 3 minutes (why can't he check it????). After 3 hours, no internet. I call the service department. After waiting for approx 1 hour, someone calls me. He says that he cannot do anything because the service is closed (it is Saturday, 1 pm),but I should call back tomorrow.

I call again the next day (Sunday), wait again a long time on the phone, and now I am told that they cannot do anything, but that I should check whether the service is working in 2 more days.

Recent news :

Eric from the service here contacted me a day later. Somehow he cleared the problem....internet is now working. Yeah!

Comments:

Ebox_Eric

join:2012-04-07

pm me your client code please

Hello can you please send me your account details I work for tech support here at Electronic Box and would like to review your case and if I can resolve the issue for you I will gladly do it right away.
jejeclav

join:2014-09-28

Re: pm me your client code please

Thanks- The situation is now fixed. I am going to change my review.

Ebox_Eric

join:2012-04-07

Re: pm me your client code please

Glad to hear all is resolved now. If you ever need my assistance again feel free to contact me via PM and I will be glad to give you assistance.

Review by metraon See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Reliable, great costumer service, half the price of other big cable ISP"
Overall "Great ISP"

One of the best alternative for internet in Montreal. The technical support doesn't talk to you like if you are 2 years old, the billing is simple and efficient. Staff is very knowledgeable, they let you buy your own equipment.

1 year update : Still an incredible service, I had no noticeable downtime or speed problems since day 1.

Comments:

Review by R0Bzombie See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Great customer service, Service always up and running"
Overall "I'm a very happy customer"

Ordered the service one month before moving to my house, I was on DSL and switched to Ebox cable. The technician was on time the date we agreed on and did a great job. I was online the same day.
I went back and forth with many package changes in 2 years and they've always been comprehensive and did the changes every time even if I was downgrading.

I'm a happy customer since May 2012 and I wish I discovered Ebox sooner.
I referred 2 customers so far and they gave me a rebate of 1$ a month each

Comments:
nster

join:2013-12-15
H2M

forgot to rate them?

I think you forgot to put in the ratings

eboxflany
join:2014-09-04

Thank you!

Hello, I would like to thank you a lot for your review. Our customer's satisfacion is what really matter to us and we are still working on improving our services. Hope we will be able to satisfy you in the future.

Best regards!

Review by LanAdmin See Profile

Good "Reliable service"
Bad "Customer satisfaction is not a priority / High latency to some Canadian servers"
Overall "Competitive prices"

With Ebox since February 2012

Good:
Reliable service
Competitive prices: Customer service is lower than Vidéotron or Bell but you may get much lower prices.
5$/month - Unlimited download 2:00-14:00 + Unlimited upload 24/7 on vcable

Reviews Canadian ISP: »www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/isp_c ··· ispid=19

Bad:
Increase their customer base and revenue is the priority; customer satisfaction is not.
Latency can be high to some Canadian servers compare to other ISP: »[VoIP] Ping élevé avec montreal3.voip.ms
»[Cable] Trace route to videotron
Speed change: 3 to 7 weeks: »Changements de forfaits + mauvais service
Transfer cap change: 3 to 7 weeks (20 days before next month): »Re: Changements de forfaits + mauvais service
No online customer portal.
Installation: 3 weeks: »Ontario installation date issues (RedFlagDeals.com)
»Electronic box installation nightmare
Data transfer packages (max of 4): good luck to find what it is about.

»www.electronicbox.net/en/interne ··· kages-2/
-----------------------------------
Avec Ebox depuis Février 2012

Pour:
Service fiable
Prix compétitifs: Le service à la clientèle est moins bon que Vidéotron ou Bell mais le prix peut être beaucoup plus bas.
5$/mois - download illimité 2:00-14:00 + upload illimité 24/7 sur vcâble

Contre:
La priorité est d'augmenter le nombre de clients et le chiffre d'affaire; pas la satisfaction de la clientèle.
Latence élevé avec certains sites Canadien comparé à d'autres fournisseurs Internet.
Changement de vitesse: 3 à 7 semaines
Changement de forfaits: 3 à 7 semaines (20 jours avant le début du mois)
Pas de portail client pour accéder à votre compte.
Installation: 3 semaines

»www.electronicbox.net/forfaits-i ··· nternet/

member for 4.3 years, 956 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

EboxSteven
join:2014-08-21

Thank you for the review.

We are more than pleased to receive your feedback and we will make sure to listen very closely to what our customers have to say so that we may improve our service quality. There are many things at which we are best, but there is always room for improvement.

Thank you again for your review and feel free to give us call sometime if you feel the need to address certain matters!

Best regards,

Review by Cyber See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
Good "Vitesse constante, peu importe l'heure. Réseau fiable et de qualité. Les prix abordables."

·FreePhoneLine
Very happy customer!

Client depuis plus de cinq ans. Je suis actuellement sur le forfait câble 60mbits/10mbits.

La connexion est très stable et il n'y a jamais eu de ralentissement.

Je ne trouve aucun commentaire négatif à formuler contre cette compagnie.

En vous abonnant avec ElectronicBox, vous vous libérez des lettres d'augmentations annuelles de Bell et Vidéotron ainsi que du département de la rétention qui vous harcèle sans limites pour vous faire une offre diabolique pour ne pas vous perdre.

Je recommande cette compagnie à 2000%.

Comments:

EboxSteven

Merci de votre avis!

Nous sommes vraiment fiers de voir que nos efforts pour plaire à la clientèle ne sont pas en vain! Il est très important pour nous de tendre l'oreille à tout commentaire que pourrait faire un client, c'est pourquoi nous nous démarquons de la compétition et nous nous battons constamment pour offrir le meilleur des deux monde en terme de service!

Milles fois merci!

Steven F-A.

Review by Exiled See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Price, speed, reliability, caps, latency"
Bad "Dependency on cable provider's on-site technical assistance"
Overall "Hands down, best ISP available in the Montreal area at an affordable price"