ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by Robleh See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "Awesome price/cap!!"

·TekSavvy Cable
Everything went smoothly, getting advertised speeds. Overall very pleased with the whole turn out, fair pricing, good usage cap .

»www.speedtest.net/result/3585616128.png

Comments:

Review by Hyrules See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Excellente vitesse et beaucoup de bande passante !"
Bad "none"
Overall "Recommandé a 200% !"

·Videotron
·FreePhoneLine
Amplement de bande passante et la rapidité et la stabilité.

Excellente vitesse et excellent service ! Quoi dire de plus que optez pour Ebox !

UPDATE : après 2 ans et + de services avec electronic box je ne peux toujours pas trouver de points négatifs. Le services est toujours rapide et stable. Les employés sont transparents et ouvert au suggestion des clients et ont peut même discuter avec eux sur ce forum. Le service à la clientèle réponds dans un délai raisonnable souvent rapidement.

member for 8.2 years, 1553 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Heatherocks See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Install was great and it is so much better than our previous bell internet"
Bad "Nothing"

We are receiving the 500mb per month package DSL for $48/month. Our speed is 15 mb per second. We are an average family 'cutting the cord' with television and major telecom internet. So far, ebox has surpassed our expectations. We can easily stream from 3 devices and still play on phones/tablets all accessing the same internet at the same time! All of this was impossible with our bell 2 wire modem. I signed onto this site to add my 2 cents for this small but growing company. I believe they will receive many new customers in the GTA area once I spread the good word.

Comments:

Review by draknar See Profile

• Location: Marieville,QC
Good "Deux ans et toujours heureux"

Depuis deux ans que je suis avec Electronic Box et je suis totalement satisfait du service.

J'étais sur le TGV20, maintenant sur le TGV15.

Me coûte moins cher et maintenant on peut ajouter des blocs de consommation comme on veut.

member for 6 years, 2310 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by seb937 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Reliable, Responsive"
Bad "Speed fluctuation (very rare tho)"
Overall "Great Provider for the money"

Hey,

I've been with Electronic Box for roughly 2 years now and so far so good (knock on wood)!
I subscribed to 30Mbps/2Mbps with 250GB for 49.95 (+tx) per month. I've been upgrade twice (30/3 then 30/10) and the price went up to 52.95.
I also referred 3 friends and the bill went down 3$ a month!

I'm speedtesting from time to time and so far, I've never seen under 29Mbps, which is really not bad according to me.

Bottom line, EB is a strong provider that give good service at a good price!

Cheers,
Sebastien

Comments:

Review by faz007 See Profile

• Location: East York,ON
Good "Installed on time, ISP and customer service were great, Best rate "
Bad "15 to 30 Business days before install"
Overall "Satisfied"

What package did you order, at what advertised monthly price?

I got the group by for the promotion package 30/5 cable for $27

How was the order & install process?

I had requested Disconnection date on June 16 with Start for around June 30. EBox could not install on that date and asked me to push the disconnection date. Back and forth on call with Start, I was able to push the date but since Start do not do pro-rated payment I decided to stay with them for one more month. Requested d/c date of July 30th and informed EBox. Still had Start on 30th. 31st I had a downtime of around 7-8 hours since I woke up. I was at work so didnt affect that much. Was online around 5pm. Modem log showed around 3pm modem was reset so maybe that was for the new ISP. Had to factory reset my Apple Time Capsule since wifi wasn't working. Bottom line it went very smooth and nothing like the horror stories other people had with install. I wold like to thank both ISP's Start and Ebox.

What brand/model was the supplied equipment?

Had my own DCM475 router from Start

What good or bad experiences most struck you?

Had a very pleasant experience so far. I have seen lot of negativity about EBox and their install fiasco. So just wanted to share something positive

Comments:

Review by resare See Profile

• Location: Greenfield Park,QC
Good "Very reliable connection. Great on the wallet ;)"
Bad "Activation snag (human error....hey they're humans !)"
Overall "Happy customer, reliable, good priced"

Moved from bhell dsl to cable (my first time with cable)

Install went well. The technician from cable company had to wire from the street (old house never had cable tv). Did a clean job, used the electric entrance cabinet to ground the cable and separate incoming cable from street from cable to house (is this SOP for a new install ?)

Went through a minor activation snag. At the said date of activation, modem would not sync. I finally figured out That the ebox staffer on the phone did a typo when inputting the S/N of the modem I purchased from them. 12 hrs later i was connected.

This being my first experience with cable internet, I also was caught by the MAC address thingy... Did the first connection with my laptop straight into the modem, then connected the router.......figured out after a little googling that I should reboot the modem when switching like that.

Since that day, no problems ! Stable, fast connection . Moved from bell dsl 6/750kb to cable 10/1.

Not regretting this at all.

Ps... Knowing that Ebox CEO is a regular of dslr and seeing the activity of the ebox forum on dslr convinced me to switch.

Update 2014-07:
Been a happy customer for almost 18 months now. Not a single disconnection noticed ! I strongly recommend this ISP to DSLR members. Using 10/1 with 250 Gb monthly. Great things lie ahead for Ebox if you continue providing great service like this

member for 1.9 years, 684 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by AMailer See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "2am-to-2pm Unlimited; No dry-loop fees; Good speeds"
Bad "Sagemcom sync-no-surf issues"
Overall "Great value for your money"

I placed an order for Electronic Box's FTTN Extreme 25 DSL package (in Ontario) approximately 30 days before my cancellation from my previous internet service provider, Bell Canada. I was switching from Bell's Fibe 25/10 with Fibe TV.

On the day of installation the I had two tech visits; the first installed a pot splitter and left. The second came and simply did some checks (and apparently changed something outside of the apartment) and made sure my internet was up and running.

Since installation I have been able to get up to full 25/10 speeds and no major downtimes have occurred since.

The biggest issue I've encountered was the "sync-no-surf" issue with the Sagemcom modems from bell. It became extremely frustrating having my internet connection suddenly become unresponsive with the need to reboot my modem sometimes 2-3 times a week. I have since however called up Electronic Box and asked them to switch me to an interleave profile which - while not having resolved the problem completely - it has definitely reduced the frequency to reboot the modem to around a month if not a bit more.

Overall, great customer service when I was in need of it, speeds are now good even though pings are slightly higher due to the interleave profile - but the connection is now what I would deem reliable.

My complaint would be that Electronic Box does not seem to have an exchange program available (at least as of yet) to get my Sagemcom replaced with a SmartRG modem which is suppose to completely fix the so-called "sync-no-surf" issue.
Hoping that this will change however soon!

Update June 6th, 2014:
--------------------------------
After my sagecom modem started restarting during full speed downloads, I contacted ElectronicBox and they sent me the new SmartRG modem as a free exchange!

Now everything is working perfectly, I'm also back on the fastpath profile.

Getting in touch with support was instant - and the support staff was great. +1

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3547903073

member for 10.5 years, 3243 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To AMailer

Good day,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our company. In order for us to exchange a modem (example: Sagemcom), it has to be defective and it has to of to of been purchased from our company. The modem has to be under warranty and once the technical support has confirmed these mentions, only then are we able to exchange this equipment.

We are glad that you are satisfied with your internet connection and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any inquiries.

Regards.

Bell Sagemcom sync-no-surf

Why did you give Ebox only 75% on "Connection reliability"? Your problem was with Bell Sagemcom modem not Ebox network.

AMailer
Aaron DM

join:2004-04-03

Re: Bell Sagemcom sync-no-surf

And it affects my connection.

Having said that, I will be updating it. Connection has been rock solid ever since they swapped my modem for a SmartRG.

Review by Jason1539 See Profile

• Location: Val-Des-Monts,QC
Good "Monthly price, Qc product."
Bad "False information at the start by the seller, FTTN Speed, xtra charges $$"

J'étais avec Bell fibe 15-10 depuis 2 ans. Ma vitesse maximale était de 12 mbps. J'ai contacté electronic box car ils offraient le FTTN 10 et le représentant des ventes a qui j'ai parlé m'a assuré que j'aurais du 10 mbps a ma ligne (et non jusqu'a) et si je voulais le FTTN je pourrais même avoir du 14.5 ce qui était beaucoup mieux que Bell. J'ai donc effectué la cancellation chez bell et je me suis abonné chez Ebox. Je trouvais que la facture du départ était dispendieuse (222$) car j'ai acheté le modem (120$), j'ai payé le premier mois et j'ai payé la moitié du prix d'installation (25$). L'installation a prit beaucoup de temps a mon avis (15 jours) et le technicien de bell est finalement arrivée chez moi pour ne rien faire me disant que la ligne était déjà en place. Donc je me retrouvais a payer un frais d'installation pour une raison un peu inconnue. Puis, lorsque j'étais finalement branché avec Ebox, ma vitesse ne pouvait être de plus de 8.5-8.6-8.7 alors que le représentant m'avait assuré du 10 mbps. J'étais très déçu et j'ai appelé Ebox qui m'ont offert 3$ de rabais pour les 6 prochains mois. J'ai demandé a avoir le forfait FTTN 15 et avoir un rabais sur ce forfait car je ne pourrai probablement avoir plus que du 12 comme avec bell. Le service a la clientèle m'a donc offert le forfait FTTN 15 avec le même rabais que la FTTN 10 (un gros 3$ mais pour 8 mois). De plus, je me retrouve a payer un frais pour changement de forfait de 25$ et je n'ai pas le choix de payer ce frais. Le superviseur m'a offert un 10$ sur ce frais qui je trouve ne devrait pas m'être chargé car j'aurais tenté ma chance avec FTTN 15 au départ si j'avais su tout ces inconvénients. Le superviseur était sensé me rappellé hier et ne l'a pas fait encore concernant le changement. J'avais hâte d'encourage une compagnie québécoise et je me retrouve décu de tout les frais supplémentaires et de la vitesse internet a mon domicile.

Comments:
LanAdmin

2 edits

Il y en a qui ne sont jamais contant

Lorsque tu étais avec Bell, tu devais être sur un profile avec correction d'erreur à cause de la mauvaise qualité de ligne Bell. En changent pour Ebox, cela n'a pas amélioré la qualité de ta ligne. Ta vitesse de 8.6Mbps est donc normale.

Ebox t'a très bien traité en t'offrant des rabais auquels tu n'aurais pas dû avoir droit.

blakenet

join:2011-03-15
·Bell Fibe

Re: Il y en a qui ne sont jamais contant

je crois que expliqué de cette facon il ne comprendra pâs tout a fait :P

ebox et les autres fournisseurs independants sont depandant des lignes de transmission de bell et videotron au quebec, selon lanadmin, lorsque tu etait avec bell, il ont surement fait des modifications sur ta ligne pour que tu obtienne ton 12 mbit (le tout du a une mauvaise ligne chez toi) en fesant le saut de ebox, cette modification a été oubliée "volontairement ou pas" et bell n'aura surement pas la meme volonté ''doptimiser" la ligne problematique dun client tpia

et biensur quand on te dit 14.5 c'est dans de bonnes conditions, personellement je crois pas que tu aura plus que bell du moins au depart, tu aura surement du 12mbit max sur ton forfait 15 comme tu avais avec bell, mais advenant le cas, comparé a etre avec bell si tu te plaint de basse vitesse il feront surement une demande a bell pour ameliorer le tout
non mais... ca speux tu

blakenet

join:2011-03-15

Re: Il y en a qui ne sont jamais contant

le point ou ebox se demarquera de bell c du coté service client, quand tu aura un probleme ca se reglera beaucoup plus vite
non mais... ca speux tu

Review by alexb See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Unlimited usage, fair price"
Bad "Had some customer service issues"
Overall "Service is okay"

·VMedia
Edit: Issue was sorted out by Jean-Philippe.

Had my internet service cut off twice because of their failure to send me a bill! They made a typo in the billing email address on file, which I told them about THREE times, yet they still didn't fix it! Worst part is that it's an @electronicbox.net email address. And when I called today about this, they said they would "waive the late payment fee" as if they were doing me a huge favour.

The internet service itself is okay.

member for 4.7 years, 120 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Lebon14

join:2009-08-05
Dolbeau-Mistassini, QC

At least, try contacting Diskace here!

You should contact "Diskace" on this forum to get this sorted. I'm pretty sure there was a misunderstanding somewhere.

I think that the review is a bit unfair though... That's just my point of view though.
Eurobeat and B'z forever.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
join:2002-02-21

initial response

Thank you for contacting me. I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. This should not reflect the level of service we are committed to give.

I confirm a typo was made on the email address. As a result the notices were not sent and the account got suspended eventually. I understand the frustration and would like to apologize for this unfortunate repeated human mistake.

I will followup with you by email.
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

Need to be organized

You have two choices: Use a credit card as a trouble free solution or pay your bill at a fix date every month. You know you have to pay the bill every month. You should not need a bill to remember that.
alexb

join:2010-01-13
Ottawa, ON
·VMedia

Re: Need to be organized

Thanks for your very late (2 years later?) and condescending comments.

1. I posted that review on behalf of my elderly mother who pays her bills by bringing them to a bank teller. If she never received one she would not have thought of paying it.
2. She didn't know what the billing cycle was because she never received a bill when she was supposed to.
3. Not everyone is comfortable with companies debiting their accounts or charging their credit cards automatically.
4. The point of the review was that they cut off her service on two occasions with no warning because of their own repeated mistake, even after I personally told them multiple times.
5. It's not the customer's responsibility to work around or find a solution to a company's mistakes.