ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by MiniV See Profile

Good "Almost everything"
Bad "Modem was late, had to pick it up myself"
Overall "Would do it all over again :) You guys are great"

I got cable but am going to get a router
Got the 39.95 per month cable
order and install was great, modem was late

Comments:

Review by shadowdiablo See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jerome,QC
Good "Installation. Price"

I got installed the day i wanted and it was really fast. Using the same line as my previous provider i still pay less and get 250g download. Very good service.

servantjean_luc@hotmail.com

Jean-Luc Servant

Comments:

Review by rifaadh See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "I love the price and the service i got before getting setup. All the information were provide."
Bad "I do not have any bad reviews for the moments. Maybe think about adding more Unlimited internet plan"
Overall "Good company, keep up the service and price down."

It is a good company, i did some look-up and this company came up with one of the better ones. The speed is constant, I am a new client and have being using it for 1 month got to use it a little longer before i can give further review but until now everything is looking good

Comments:

Review by fouez See Profile

• Location: j7v0s7
Good "très bon service et aucune faiblesse de réseau"

Depuis que j'ai quitté vidéotron en décembre dernier, et que je suis passée à ELECTRONICBOX, je n'ai aucuns regrets, je suis pleinement satisfaite. Ma vitesse est toujours la même et à n'importe quel heure du jour ou du soir, je suis abonnée au 10 Mbits illimité, et je n'ai jamais eu aucuns problèmes jusqu'à maintenant. J'ai également pris le téléphone chez eux, et mes communications sont très bonnes. Une toute petite latence après avoir composé le numéro et ensuite la communication est très claire. Rien que pour l'internet chez Videotron je payais 82 $ tx in et maintenant internet et téléphone je paye 88 $ tx in. Franchement y'a même pas à réfléchir dans mon cas.

Je pense quand même changer de forfait pour le 20 Mbits avec 500 Gig.

#CN26

Comments:

Review by Task514 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Speed is good and constant... Price is very competitive."
Bad "Installation coordination with Videotron is bad... actually not EBox fault..."
Overall "can't beat Value/Price of EBox"

I've been with Acanac, Colbanet and Bell (free trials) for the past years... Just subscribed to EBox because I moved and EBox had very competitive pricing where I am now. The internet connection is on par with all other providers. Speed is good. So far zero problem with them and I would highly recommend it.

Comments:

Review by pengrxd See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Great value for this speed and stable vDSL 25/10"
Bad "ramdon disconnection issue,but solved after changing profile."
Overall "I would recommend them to my friend."

Saw Electronicbox information at RFD. Compared its price with my old bell fibe 25/7 service. Ebox are much cheaper than Bell(even after haggling with Bell retention). I called ebox at Jan 9,2013 and booked installation on Feb 8,2013.

Heavy snow at Feb 8,2013 and technician can't come. I just switch the old bell modem with the new one.Both are sagemcom 2864. Input my credentials. Done and connected. Technician came at the next day and checked all the line inside and outside.

But I suffered some random disconnection issues. Called ebox and they send another technician to my house. But I still have random disconnection problem. So I contacted support team(Eric?) again. And explain my issue which is similar with the following post(»Bell Canada Fibe25/10 can ping but cannot browse frequently). So Eric changed my profile and the unstable problem is gone. I am a happy customer now.

I paid 46 + tax for 25/10 250G vDSL service. The installation is 50+ tax. And I bought out the vDSL modem for 120+tax(originally I rent it for 10 per month).
Modem model is sagemcom 2864
(account number PL32)

Comments:

Review by sbilodeau See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "You call, they answer the phone! Speed is quite good, and excellent quotas."
Overall "Excellent value for your money."

I compared extensively the options available on the market, and Electronic Box is by far the best I could find. They offer more bandwidth, and much better quotas than all majors. They allow you to use your own modem if you wish, and their customer support is very responsive. [ Customer ID: BS105 ]

Comments:

Review by yuanqiao See Profile

• Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux,QC
Good "clear fee"
Bad "I can not use my own cable modem"
Overall "connection is reliable"

My plan : cable 10M/s ,250G gap.

I am real happy with the reliable connection . never make me down. ping is short. very good for that price.

I wait for so long to get the service set up.more than 10 days. The worst is that i can not use my own cable modem. I spend more that\n $100 for that modem from Electronicbox.

I prefer that there are some plan for cable 10M. FOR EXAMPLE I want keep 10M/s download sped,but want at least 2M/s FOR UPLOAD speed. So far,just 1M/s for upload. since upload is very important for my voip service.

Comments:

Review by GuitarPilots See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jean-Chrysostome,QC
Good "Fiabilité, Bonne vitesse, Bonne capacité"

Electronicbox à un très bon service fiable. On atteint pratiquement la vitesse du forfait. La capacité Upload/Download est très raisonnable. En plus, on bénificie d'une capacité illimité entre 2h am et 14h. Très bon Fournisseur internet. Le service technique est compétent. #Compte RP32.

Comments:

Review by ajathar See Profile

• Location: Vaudreuil-Dorion,QC
Good "Excellent speed for price"
Bad "Long wait time when calling for support/questions, no unlimited options when using higher speed (like distributel has)"

When I switched to ElectronicBox, I was looking for high speed (30 Mbps down and more than 2 Mpbs up), at low cost and I was hesitant between them and Distributel. I chose ElectronicBox because they were 5$ cheaper per month and they have a referral plan to bring this even lower. The only regret is that there is no unlimited options.

The day of the installation there was some confusion as how many technician I should be waiting, one pass by in the morning to validate the signal (since I was already a client of Videotron, they knew the signal was good so they took the serial number of the new modem then left without telling me anything. I waited all day and finally called tech support in order to find out when the second technician will come in and the answer was: No other technician will go, just swap the model and it should be working, a good thing I had the tool to unlock the Videotron model cable otherwise I would not have been able to do the swap myself. They should make sure you are good to go before leaving the house)

Every time I had to call in for questions, the wait time is longer then expected but the support is very good. I also got the surprise of having my Upload speed boosted (starting soon) without any extra costs.

Overall I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have performance and save some bucks.