ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by sbilodeau See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "You call, they answer the phone! Speed is quite good, and excellent quotas."
Overall "Excellent value for your money."

I compared extensively the options available on the market, and Electronic Box is by far the best I could find. They offer more bandwidth, and much better quotas than all majors. They allow you to use your own modem if you wish, and their customer support is very responsive. [ Customer ID: BS105 ]

Comments:

Review by yuanqiao See Profile

• Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux,QC
Good "clear fee"
Bad "I can not use my own cable modem"
Overall "connection is reliable"

My plan : cable 10M/s ,250G gap.

I am real happy with the reliable connection . never make me down. ping is short. very good for that price.

I wait for so long to get the service set up.more than 10 days. The worst is that i can not use my own cable modem. I spend more that\n $100 for that modem from Electronicbox.

I prefer that there are some plan for cable 10M. FOR EXAMPLE I want keep 10M/s download sped,but want at least 2M/s FOR UPLOAD speed. So far,just 1M/s for upload. since upload is very important for my voip service.

Comments:

Review by GuitarPilots See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jean-Chrysostome,QC
Good "Fiabilité, Bonne vitesse, Bonne capacité"

Electronicbox à un très bon service fiable. On atteint pratiquement la vitesse du forfait. La capacité Upload/Download est très raisonnable. En plus, on bénificie d'une capacité illimité entre 2h am et 14h. Très bon Fournisseur internet. Le service technique est compétent. #Compte RP32.

Comments:

Review by ajathar See Profile

• Location: Vaudreuil-Dorion,QC
Good "Excellent speed for price"
Bad "Long wait time when calling for support/questions, no unlimited options when using higher speed (like distributel has)"

When I switched to ElectronicBox, I was looking for high speed (30 Mbps down and more than 2 Mpbs up), at low cost and I was hesitant between them and Distributel. I chose ElectronicBox because they were 5$ cheaper per month and they have a referral plan to bring this even lower. The only regret is that there is no unlimited options.

The day of the installation there was some confusion as how many technician I should be waiting, one pass by in the morning to validate the signal (since I was already a client of Videotron, they knew the signal was good so they took the serial number of the new modem then left without telling me anything. I waited all day and finally called tech support in order to find out when the second technician will come in and the answer was: No other technician will go, just swap the model and it should be working, a good thing I had the tool to unlock the Videotron model cable otherwise I would not have been able to do the swap myself. They should make sure you are good to go before leaving the house)

Every time I had to call in for questions, the wait time is longer then expected but the support is very good. I also got the surprise of having my Upload speed boosted (starting soon) without any extra costs.

Overall I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have performance and save some bucks.

Comments:

Review by algeriano See Profile

• Location: Lasalle,QC
Good "Satisfied till now"
Bad "Nothing to mention"

This is a real good company actually it's the first company i deal with..they are very cheap that's why i hesitated to deal with them in the first time but sometimes it's good to give small companies a chance and a try..it's my first month and i can say they are the best the connection is outstanding but there is a problem with costumer support it took so much time to answer you through phone..but all points are positive in this company.
Keep the good work.

Ayoub Belkadi

Comments:

Review by Marc_Mtl See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Great service & package choices"
Overall "Best package to price ratio"

I was initially with TekSavvy on DSL, but wanted to switch to cable and drop the phone line completely. TekSavvy had good offers, but Electronic Box had the best package for my needs. I am a normal user, so the cable Extreme 20 with 150GB is a perfect match for me (39.95 before tax).

Setup was quick, picked up the cable modem in person (no shipping costs). Connection has been rock solid, getting the full 20/2 Mbps speeds in Montreal. Also using a VOIP over the connection.

It's great, nothing bad to say. Getting free speed boost in May- 20/10 Mbps
I'd definitely recommend.

SM74

Comments:

Review by paulmcz See Profile

• Location: Greenfield Park,QC
Good "reasonable price, very good upload speed"
Overall "reliable service, decent speed"

Advertised 10Mbps down, I get 10.6Mbps, advertised 1.5Mbps upload, I get 1.58Mbps
That's how it should be. I am impressed.

Comments:

Review by gillesdumais See Profile

• Location: Jonquiere,QC
Good "Very fast and reliable"

i got the DCM 475 from Electronic Box and sign up for SpeedCable HV 250
and wish i had done it the first day they where on business.

I wish i had discover them from the first day. The customer service is oustanding. The tech support know all the trick and tips to support us when needed and they answer very fast. They are in Canada and not in Turquey, or any other country where the language barrier, or technical knowledge is a big issues.

I spend so much time in the past years with speed problems, connections loss and billing issues. Now i can relax fasten my seat bell and surf at a speed that i pay for.

in the past i was paying for twice the speed i would ever get. Here i get exactly the speed i am paying for at half price of other provider out there.

Comments:

I was with cooptel before and always had to call them to get the worst service i ever had. I switched to E. Box a couple months ago and all my problems when away. No more lag, a steady connection for a lower price.

Cheaper than Videotron!

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

tony000000

bad service

the worst service ,too slow and verry bad service

gismo

too slow??

Maybe you do not have e right plan for you. Believe me. Do you have do a download / upload test? Or ..

Or your computer is too slow. Or is the wire (cable or phone wire) is to slow in your town. If this is, it will be the same with any ISP

Good luck,
Gismo

PA73

@electronicbox.net

exactle the same as videotron (cable)

exactly the same speed as videotron, for cable connection, of course.
Cable = steady at 10.45 mbits/s
DSL = many up and down and vary a lot

I'm very happy with them, hard to reach them on phone but when it's done, not even one problem since 18th of december.

Andre.

Review by couzin2000 See Profile

• Location: Blainville,QC
Good "100% uptime, fantastic customer service, great staff, and low prices mean happy camper!"
Bad "Minor hiccup in trying to use Videotron modem gave way to delays"
Overall "The way things should have been since the beginning!"

After having stuck with Videotron for years, and having paid the last year in surplus charges maxed-out (averaging a monthly bill of 175$ for 12 months), I was pointed to DSLReports.com by a friend, who suggested I give a look at Electronicbox.net. They were very well-rated and were available through my current cable connection. So I read the reports and scoped out the website, decided to call Videotron and give them the boot. They sweetened the deal and lowered my price by about half, which further convinced me I was getting raped by they billing. So spent my last month on Videotron hooking myself up to Ebox.

First call was very informative, I was offered all the different choices and was suggested not to keep the DOCSIS2.0 modem I had borrowed from Videotron. I opted against that to avoid further costs. About a week later I called Ebox again and created my official account with them. This was on a wednesday evening, waited about 13 mins before getting an actual person (though I appreciated knowing I was 3rd--2nd--1st in line, that's a great system!)

I was told there could be about 3 days worth of delays, depending on how fast Videotron processes the disconnect, and there could be a problem if the processing fails. On the following monday, I received a call saying the modem was in the Videotron inventory and could not be used by Ebox.

After calling Videotron and being told flat out "no, you are not renting the modem, and no, even though it's ages old, we cannot sell it to you, so buy a new one and return the old one to us", I called Ebox and asked about purchasing a DOCSIS3.0. I opted for the pickup at their offices. I went with the same friend who referred me to Ebox to begin with, and [word of warning] had I not been accompanied by him, I would not have found the place. Better to have it delivered. Still, I saved a few bucks and had a good time with a good friend.

I connected on the same night. I received a call the next morning saying that I would be connected withnin the next 3 days, but I went to test the internet connection and, lo and behold, everything was online!

On my first day with the Ebox connection, I tested ON THE DOT with the expected speeds: 10Mbits down, 1.5Mbits up. However, every single http request I made on that first day seemed to be delayed by about 3 seconds. Everything else was smooth sailing, and the next day, it was as if I had never changed ISPs -- no delays, no downtime, super speeds, and bandwidth galore.

Overall, a great choice and an easy transition. Recommended to ALL.