ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by algeriano See Profile

• Location: Lasalle,QC
Good "Satisfied till now"
Bad "Nothing to mention"

This is a real good company actually it's the first company i deal with..they are very cheap that's why i hesitated to deal with them in the first time but sometimes it's good to give small companies a chance and a try..it's my first month and i can say they are the best the connection is outstanding but there is a problem with costumer support it took so much time to answer you through phone..but all points are positive in this company.
Keep the good work.

Ayoub Belkadi

Comments:

Review by Marc_Mtl See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Great service & package choices"
Overall "Best package to price ratio"

I was initially with TekSavvy on DSL, but wanted to switch to cable and drop the phone line completely. TekSavvy had good offers, but Electronic Box had the best package for my needs. I am a normal user, so the cable Extreme 20 with 150GB is a perfect match for me (39.95 before tax).

Setup was quick, picked up the cable modem in person (no shipping costs). Connection has been rock solid, getting the full 20/2 Mbps speeds in Montreal. Also using a VOIP over the connection.

It's great, nothing bad to say. Getting free speed boost in May- 20/10 Mbps
I'd definitely recommend.

SM74

Comments:

Review by paulmcz See Profile

• Location: Greenfield Park,QC
Good "reasonable price, very good upload speed"
Overall "reliable service, decent speed"

Advertised 10Mbps down, I get 10.6Mbps, advertised 1.5Mbps upload, I get 1.58Mbps
That's how it should be. I am impressed.

Comments:

Review by gillesdumais See Profile

• Location: Jonquiere,QC
Good "Very fast and reliable"

i got the DCM 475 from Electronic Box and sign up for SpeedCable HV 250
and wish i had done it the first day they where on business.

I wish i had discover them from the first day. The customer service is oustanding. The tech support know all the trick and tips to support us when needed and they answer very fast. They are in Canada and not in Turquey, or any other country where the language barrier, or technical knowledge is a big issues.

I spend so much time in the past years with speed problems, connections loss and billing issues. Now i can relax fasten my seat bell and surf at a speed that i pay for.

in the past i was paying for twice the speed i would ever get. Here i get exactly the speed i am paying for at half price of other provider out there.

Comments:

I was with cooptel before and always had to call them to get the worst service i ever had. I switched to E. Box a couple months ago and all my problems when away. No more lag, a steady connection for a lower price.

Cheaper than Videotron!

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

tony000000

bad service

the worst service ,too slow and verry bad service

gismo

too slow??

Maybe you do not have e right plan for you. Believe me. Do you have do a download / upload test? Or ..

Or your computer is too slow. Or is the wire (cable or phone wire) is to slow in your town. If this is, it will be the same with any ISP

Good luck,
Gismo

PA73

@electronicbox.net

exactle the same as videotron (cable)

exactly the same speed as videotron, for cable connection, of course.
Cable = steady at 10.45 mbits/s
DSL = many up and down and vary a lot

I'm very happy with them, hard to reach them on phone but when it's done, not even one problem since 18th of december.

Andre.

Review by couzin2000 See Profile

• Location: Blainville,QC
Good "100% uptime, fantastic customer service, great staff, and low prices mean happy camper!"
Bad "Minor hiccup in trying to use Videotron modem gave way to delays"
Overall "The way things should have been since the beginning!"

After having stuck with Videotron for years, and having paid the last year in surplus charges maxed-out (averaging a monthly bill of 175$ for 12 months), I was pointed to DSLReports.com by a friend, who suggested I give a look at Electronicbox.net. They were very well-rated and were available through my current cable connection. So I read the reports and scoped out the website, decided to call Videotron and give them the boot. They sweetened the deal and lowered my price by about half, which further convinced me I was getting raped by they billing. So spent my last month on Videotron hooking myself up to Ebox.

First call was very informative, I was offered all the different choices and was suggested not to keep the DOCSIS2.0 modem I had borrowed from Videotron. I opted against that to avoid further costs. About a week later I called Ebox again and created my official account with them. This was on a wednesday evening, waited about 13 mins before getting an actual person (though I appreciated knowing I was 3rd--2nd--1st in line, that's a great system!)

I was told there could be about 3 days worth of delays, depending on how fast Videotron processes the disconnect, and there could be a problem if the processing fails. On the following monday, I received a call saying the modem was in the Videotron inventory and could not be used by Ebox.

After calling Videotron and being told flat out "no, you are not renting the modem, and no, even though it's ages old, we cannot sell it to you, so buy a new one and return the old one to us", I called Ebox and asked about purchasing a DOCSIS3.0. I opted for the pickup at their offices. I went with the same friend who referred me to Ebox to begin with, and [word of warning] had I not been accompanied by him, I would not have found the place. Better to have it delivered. Still, I saved a few bucks and had a good time with a good friend.

I connected on the same night. I received a call the next morning saying that I would be connected withnin the next 3 days, but I went to test the internet connection and, lo and behold, everything was online!

On my first day with the Ebox connection, I tested ON THE DOT with the expected speeds: 10Mbits down, 1.5Mbits up. However, every single http request I made on that first day seemed to be delayed by about 3 seconds. Everything else was smooth sailing, and the next day, it was as if I had never changed ISPs -- no delays, no downtime, super speeds, and bandwidth galore.

Overall, a great choice and an easy transition. Recommended to ALL.

Comments:

Review by DeeHeretic See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Good Service, never went down"
Bad "Tiny hiccups during peaks. (I had to try really hard to find one)"
Overall "Steamy service for delicious price!"

I was with Bell Fibe 15/"10" with 150GB bandwidth for 49.24$ (including discount from bundle) but only got 0.58mbps upload due to having old wiring so they basically sold me a service they couldn't provide. Ahh typical Bell... Well, I'm a little over 2 months "technico-support sober" now :P (been with EBox for that long) and the feeling is simply amazing! Electronic Box not only provides outstanding prices for their services, but the quality is simply amazing too! You really know a company is good when you don't know their customer service reps (implying that I haven't had to call them for billing inquiries more than anything really).

I thought I'd ride low for a while and took the 8mbps/1mbps 250GB instead of the 15mbps/1.5mbps service (will probably change to it in the upcoming months, since it's getting boosted to 20mbps/2mbps for no extra charge!) and the people who know me also know how fond I am with speedtest.net and I have got my speeds 99% of the times, the 1% only being deviations of 0.6mbps download tops during peaks.

As for equipment, I bought outright the DOCSIS 3.0 (DCM475) modem, cause it seemed to be a better choice than to rent- you'd end up paying more then what the modem costs in a little less than a year (modem 99.95$, or rent @ 10$/month), went to pick it up to avoid the shipping fee and it was a breeze.

Personally, the delay between ordering and getting the service wasn't atrocious (especially since I ordered the 18th of July) but in my world, I would have liked to get it the day after , haha just kidding. In all honesty, the only thing that came closest to bothering me (I thank Bell for giving me the virtue of patience and tolerance) is that I didn't get my appointment date before the day of the installation, thank god I was home though. But after the tech came the 26th, my cable internet was up and running within 20 minutes! And the best part of this story is that even when my Bell internet was cancelled the 19th of July (yes, I called and checked with 2 different reps just to be extra careful), I was still connected ( with a 3mbps/0.58mbps connection though) on the bell network... Free Internet from Bell! How's THAT for a change? Well, I still shut down the dsl connection by "good faith" (mostly because I had to return the modem within 15 days) and never looked back.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to all of my friends *cough* mostly because of the 1$ off/referral from the monthly bill I would get *cough*, and I hope that everybody still staying with Bell or *vomits* Videotron will see the golden light of serenity Electronic Box emanates and join this rising star.

Never before has talking about an ISP made me happy.

Yours truly,

A happy customer

Comments:

Review by maximecr See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Stable et efficace"
Bad "Installation de vidéotron pas évidente"

J'ai EBox depuis un peu plus d'un mois. Jusqu'à maintenant, tout est super.

J'avais le forfait 10 mbps de vidéotron avant. J'ai toujours été très satisfait et j'ai fait un changement uniquement pour la question du prix.

J'ai donc pris le forfait de base par cable de EBox à 31.95 (total de 36.74$ par mois). Jusqu'à maintenant, la vitesse est stable, et je n'ai aucun problème avec le 100 gig de bande passante.

J'ai débranché tous mes services de Vidéotron, incluant la télévision. Maintenant, je stream tout de mon ordinateur, ou sur mon apple TV (NetFlix, tou.tv, etc...). Je regarde également plusieurs matchs de hockey à l'aide de NhlGameCenter et je tourne autour de 85gig par mois.

Mon seul bémol: Ce n'était pas évident pour la rencontre avec Vidéotron. On devait m'appeler 5 jours après la commande pour obtenir un rendez-vous... On ne m'a pas appelé. J'ai appelé EBox, et il semblait avoir eu un problème à envoyer la requête à Vidéotron. Il y a donc eu un délai de 15-20 jours avant l'installation chez moi.

Alors, je recommande à tous EBox

Comments:

Review by gontrandleqc See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Connection stable, prix abordable, un choix de forfait varier"
Bad "Videotron font @$W# pour l'installation"

Cela fait un mois que je suis avec Ebox et je suis pleinement satisfait du service même que j'aimerais bien que vous offriez l'ip télé pour ne plus avoir à faire affaire avec videotron

J'ai seulement deux ponts qui m'ont fait vraiment douter de mon choix : je venais d’emménager en un nouvel appartement et je voulais rentrer avec ebox suite à tout les bons commentaires que j'ai entendu sur cette compagnie, mais j'ai du attendre deux semaines pour avoir la visite du gars de videotron et lorsque j'ai fait rentrer le câble dans ce 2 semaines, le représentant de videotron m'informe qu'il n'avait pas encore bloquer le service télé et l'internet de l'ancien locataire, mais pour me faire @#$% de ne pas avoir pris internet avec eux, le gars n'a pas voulu me brancher toute suite et me font attendre le deux semaines complet(c'est long deux semaines...). Lors de l'installation de l'internet ce n'est pas moi qui était là pour répondre au technicien(brancheur de file plutot), mais mon coloc et il ne connaissait rien de tout ça et donc quand je suis arriver le gars était entrain de brider mon service par câble de télévision, parce qu'il ne savait que j'avais payer pour! De plus, il me dit que dans 3h environ(en plus du bullshit habituel), il faut que j'appel ebox pour faire activer l'internet, mais finalement en appelant ebox, on m'a informé que c'était n'importe quoi.

Le seul problème que j'ai eu avec ebox fut qu'ils se sont trompé dans mon internet, il m'avait mis le 10mbps cable au lieu du 20mbps, mais un appel et cela a été réglé.

Bref, je suis très satisfait du service, mais c'est plutôt videotron qui m'ont fait la vie dure, mais un coup branché plus aucun problème à signaler: toujours une vitesse de 1mbps supérieur, un ping très bon (6-9), un choix de forfait pour tout les gouts quand on n'a pas besoin d'illimité ^^

Comments:

Review by zaedas99 See Profile

• Location: Saint-Colomban,QC
Good "Super high speed for such a low price... Can't complain! Customer support is top-notch!"
Bad "None."

I have nothing more to say than this : Ebox is an amazing company who strive to give to their customers the best possible service, no matter what. On top of it, the connection reliability is awesome and is on par with videotron. (of course, since they use their network). No longer will i have to feel like being rip off by videotron with their expensive internet package and their stupid/ridiculous bandwidth cap.

I highly recommend this company. Trust them!

zaedas.

Je n'ai rien de plus à dire que ceci : Ebox est une compagnie qui fait le mieux qui soit pour ses
clients. En plus, la qualité de la connexion est la même que celle chez vidéotron (c'est normal, puisque Ebox utilise le réseau de vidéotron!). Je suis si content de ne plus avoir à me sentir arnaquer par vidéotron avec leur prix d'internet exorbitant et leur stupide/ridicule bande passante, qui selon moi, est beaucoup trop basse.

Je vous recommande de faire le switch dès maintenant! Vous allez pas le regreter!

zaedas.