ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by vitamind See Profile

• Location: Vanier,ON
Good "Reliable service, good value"
Bad "Download speed lower than advertised"
Overall "Good value, will recommend Electronicbox to others"

Tired of getting screwed by Bell, finally made of my mind to exercise my consumer right. Ordering by phone was easy and quick. Dryloop installation was done by Bell technician on-time as scheduled and went smoothly. After hooking-up with the modem, connection worked immediately. It's been 3 weeks since the installation, the service is reliable with no interruption so far. I have been constantly monitoring my own usage and download speed. I predicted my usage should be within the allocated limit. However, I have consistently clocking my download speed to be ~5 to 5.24 Mbps where it is suppose to be 6 Mbps. Other than that I am very satisfy with the service. I will continue to monitor these parameters in the next couple of weeks and write a follow-up review afterward.

Comments:

Review by pierreluc30 See Profile

• Location: Jonquiere,QC
Good "Cheap and fast!"
Bad "Long delay to be connected when ordering (videotron line vs the world)"

I've no problems with electronicBox, it is very stable and never bug or stop working with my old SB5101 modem

Answers come very fast when asking on the internet or on the phone

Thanks EBox!

Comments:

Review by powerlutin See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
  • Telco party Public Service Telephone Company
Good "Good customer service and rates"
Overall "Would recommand"

Good customer service and rates.. Very happy to have made the switch from videotron

Comments:

Review by Demegargon See Profile

• Location: Levis,QC
Good "good service and price"
Bad "nothing bad yet :)"
Overall "nice"

I used to have Videotron as ISP, but ElectronicBox is way cheaper and is as reliable... easy choice for me.

Comments:

Review by cbvmichel0 See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Great speed, great bandwidth, great pre and post sale service ..."
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "None better"

·Videotron
Got fed up with the costs and bandwidth limits of my previous provider. Did my research, contacted them, got great answers, they were accommodating with the installation date I needed. Since it was installed 2 months ago, I cannot be happier with the stability, speed and bandwidth ... and the money that stays in my pockets. Customer LM81

Comments:

Review by blandinebiga See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "speed as advertized, low cost and more GB than videotron"
Bad "wait 2 weeks to install and they cut my videotron internet too early"
Overall "worth it if you don't need TV or phone or want more GB for the price"

LS87

I don't want cable tv anymore since I barely watch it. But if I remove it they raise my internet by 10$ so I begin to look elsewhere and Electronic box had good reviews. So for 15$ less than videotron I got 50GB more and no need to add services or call once a year to get discount price.

The installation was not easy because videotron cut the internet 3 days after I subscribe but the tech is supposed to come 12 days later! They finally plug it again but 2 different techs want to come the same day!

Finally it was set up and running without problem since (about a month).

Beware you will need to pay about 200$ with tax for the modem (or rent it), the installation fees (even if there no installation!!) and the first month. So you need to keep it for more than a year to save.

Comments:

Review by xpatate See Profile

• Location: j7n0g2
Good "Good speed for the price. Good down/uplad limit for the price"
Bad "Installation was difficult to coordinate with my previous provider"
Overall "Very good quality for the price"

I considered all the big players and the dowload limit was always ridiculously small. I search on the net to find the best bang for the buck and ElectronicBox was often mentionned. I gave a try and it's amazing. I took the 30MBits service and the service never went unde 32Mbits on speedtest ! I have a 500G limit per month and all that for the same price of my previous provider that was offering me 60G@12Mbits

I called the support twice so far, 15 minutes wait the first time and somebody answered me directly the second time.

You can't go wrong with ElectronicBox.

Comments:

Review by firest See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Installation in 4 days"
Bad "-"

Ordered the package CABLE 8 with 250GB limit and Thomson modem for possible future upgrade. Use for almost 1 month. The speed is 10 Mb on download and 1 Mb up. No complaints, totally satisfied.

Good "Fast cable access"
Bad "Extra fees and delays when you bring your own modem"
Overall "Decent cable provider"

I switched to Electronic Box from Caneris last October because I wanted to have faster download and upload speeds. Due to a recent CRTC rulling, cable is now more affordable. The order process went find and I ordered a cable modem from another supplier since eBox was selling them at a premium. The install date was set 3 weeks after the order was placed to insure that everyone had time to prepare for the switch. Unfortunately, the switch was not smooth. The technician arrived on time to setup the cable. But the guys at Videotron did not have the correct information to set up the modem and activate the line. It took three days to have this resolved. Once everything was online, I have not had any problems and the connection has been stable.

(review was emailed from domain snkmail.com)

Comments:

Review by abellerive See Profile

• Location: Foxboro,ON
Good "Unlimited usage, fair price"
Bad "Had some customer service issues"
Overall "Service is okay"

Edit: Issue was sorted out by Jean-Philippe.

Had my internet service cut off twice because of their failure to send me a bill! They made a typo in the billing email address on file, which I told them about THREE times, yet they still didn't fix it! Worst part is that it's an @electronicbox.net email address. And when I called today about this, they said they would "waive the late payment fee" as if they were doing me a huge favour.

The internet service itself is okay.

Comments:

Lebon14

join:2009-08-05
Dolbeau-Mistassini, QC

At least, try contacting Diskace here!

You should contact "Diskace" on this forum to get this sorted. I'm pretty sure there was a misunderstanding somewhere.

I think that the review is a bit unfair though... That's just my point of view though.
Eurobeat and B'z forever.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
join:2002-02-21

initial response

Thank you for contacting me. I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. This should not reflect the level of service we are committed to give.

I confirm a typo was made on the email address. As a result the notices were not sent and the account got suspended eventually. I understand the frustration and would like to apologize for this unfortunate repeated human mistake.

I will followup with you by email.
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque