ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by gillesdumais See Profile

• Location: Jonquiere,QC
Good "Very fast and reliable"

i got the DCM 475 from Electronic Box and sign up for SpeedCable HV 250
and wish i had done it the first day they where on business.

I wish i had discover them from the first day. The customer service is oustanding. The tech support know all the trick and tips to support us when needed and they answer very fast. They are in Canada and not in Turquey, or any other country where the language barrier, or technical knowledge is a big issues.

I spend so much time in the past years with speed problems, connections loss and billing issues. Now i can relax fasten my seat bell and surf at a speed that i pay for.

in the past i was paying for twice the speed i would ever get. Here i get exactly the speed i am paying for at half price of other provider out there.

Comments:

I was with cooptel before and always had to call them to get the worst service i ever had. I switched to E. Box a couple months ago and all my problems when away. No more lag, a steady connection for a lower price.

Cheaper than Videotron!

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

tony000000

bad service

the worst service ,too slow and verry bad service

gismo

too slow??

Maybe you do not have e right plan for you. Believe me. Do you have do a download / upload test? Or ..

Or your computer is too slow. Or is the wire (cable or phone wire) is to slow in your town. If this is, it will be the same with any ISP

Good luck,
Gismo

PA73

@electronicbox.net

exactle the same as videotron (cable)

exactly the same speed as videotron, for cable connection, of course.
Cable = steady at 10.45 mbits/s
DSL = many up and down and vary a lot

I'm very happy with them, hard to reach them on phone but when it's done, not even one problem since 18th of december.

Andre.

Review by couzin2000 See Profile

• Location: Blainville,QC
Good "100% uptime, fantastic customer service, great staff, and low prices mean happy camper!"
Bad "Minor hiccup in trying to use Videotron modem gave way to delays"
Overall "The way things should have been since the beginning!"

After having stuck with Videotron for years, and having paid the last year in surplus charges maxed-out (averaging a monthly bill of 175$ for 12 months), I was pointed to DSLReports.com by a friend, who suggested I give a look at Electronicbox.net. They were very well-rated and were available through my current cable connection. So I read the reports and scoped out the website, decided to call Videotron and give them the boot. They sweetened the deal and lowered my price by about half, which further convinced me I was getting raped by they billing. So spent my last month on Videotron hooking myself up to Ebox.

First call was very informative, I was offered all the different choices and was suggested not to keep the DOCSIS2.0 modem I had borrowed from Videotron. I opted against that to avoid further costs. About a week later I called Ebox again and created my official account with them. This was on a wednesday evening, waited about 13 mins before getting an actual person (though I appreciated knowing I was 3rd--2nd--1st in line, that's a great system!)

I was told there could be about 3 days worth of delays, depending on how fast Videotron processes the disconnect, and there could be a problem if the processing fails. On the following monday, I received a call saying the modem was in the Videotron inventory and could not be used by Ebox.

After calling Videotron and being told flat out "no, you are not renting the modem, and no, even though it's ages old, we cannot sell it to you, so buy a new one and return the old one to us", I called Ebox and asked about purchasing a DOCSIS3.0. I opted for the pickup at their offices. I went with the same friend who referred me to Ebox to begin with, and [word of warning] had I not been accompanied by him, I would not have found the place. Better to have it delivered. Still, I saved a few bucks and had a good time with a good friend.

I connected on the same night. I received a call the next morning saying that I would be connected withnin the next 3 days, but I went to test the internet connection and, lo and behold, everything was online!

On my first day with the Ebox connection, I tested ON THE DOT with the expected speeds: 10Mbits down, 1.5Mbits up. However, every single http request I made on that first day seemed to be delayed by about 3 seconds. Everything else was smooth sailing, and the next day, it was as if I had never changed ISPs -- no delays, no downtime, super speeds, and bandwidth galore.

Overall, a great choice and an easy transition. Recommended to ALL.

Comments:

Review by DeeHeretic See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Good Service, never went down"
Bad "Tiny hiccups during peaks. (I had to try really hard to find one)"
Overall "Steamy service for delicious price!"

I was with Bell Fibe 15/"10" with 150GB bandwidth for 49.24$ (including discount from bundle) but only got 0.58mbps upload due to having old wiring so they basically sold me a service they couldn't provide. Ahh typical Bell... Well, I'm a little over 2 months "technico-support sober" now :P (been with EBox for that long) and the feeling is simply amazing! Electronic Box not only provides outstanding prices for their services, but the quality is simply amazing too! You really know a company is good when you don't know their customer service reps (implying that I haven't had to call them for billing inquiries more than anything really).

I thought I'd ride low for a while and took the 8mbps/1mbps 250GB instead of the 15mbps/1.5mbps service (will probably change to it in the upcoming months, since it's getting boosted to 20mbps/2mbps for no extra charge!) and the people who know me also know how fond I am with speedtest.net and I have got my speeds 99% of the times, the 1% only being deviations of 0.6mbps download tops during peaks.

As for equipment, I bought outright the DOCSIS 3.0 (DCM475) modem, cause it seemed to be a better choice than to rent- you'd end up paying more then what the modem costs in a little less than a year (modem 99.95$, or rent @ 10$/month), went to pick it up to avoid the shipping fee and it was a breeze.

Personally, the delay between ordering and getting the service wasn't atrocious (especially since I ordered the 18th of July) but in my world, I would have liked to get it the day after , haha just kidding. In all honesty, the only thing that came closest to bothering me (I thank Bell for giving me the virtue of patience and tolerance) is that I didn't get my appointment date before the day of the installation, thank god I was home though. But after the tech came the 26th, my cable internet was up and running within 20 minutes! And the best part of this story is that even when my Bell internet was cancelled the 19th of July (yes, I called and checked with 2 different reps just to be extra careful), I was still connected ( with a 3mbps/0.58mbps connection though) on the bell network... Free Internet from Bell! How's THAT for a change? Well, I still shut down the dsl connection by "good faith" (mostly because I had to return the modem within 15 days) and never looked back.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend them to all of my friends *cough* mostly because of the 1$ off/referral from the monthly bill I would get *cough*, and I hope that everybody still staying with Bell or *vomits* Videotron will see the golden light of serenity Electronic Box emanates and join this rising star.

Never before has talking about an ISP made me happy.

Yours truly,

A happy customer

Comments:

Review by maximecr See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Stable et efficace"
Bad "Installation de vidéotron pas évidente"

J'ai EBox depuis un peu plus d'un mois. Jusqu'à maintenant, tout est super.

J'avais le forfait 10 mbps de vidéotron avant. J'ai toujours été très satisfait et j'ai fait un changement uniquement pour la question du prix.

J'ai donc pris le forfait de base par cable de EBox à 31.95 (total de 36.74$ par mois). Jusqu'à maintenant, la vitesse est stable, et je n'ai aucun problème avec le 100 gig de bande passante.

J'ai débranché tous mes services de Vidéotron, incluant la télévision. Maintenant, je stream tout de mon ordinateur, ou sur mon apple TV (NetFlix, tou.tv, etc...). Je regarde également plusieurs matchs de hockey à l'aide de NhlGameCenter et je tourne autour de 85gig par mois.

Mon seul bémol: Ce n'était pas évident pour la rencontre avec Vidéotron. On devait m'appeler 5 jours après la commande pour obtenir un rendez-vous... On ne m'a pas appelé. J'ai appelé EBox, et il semblait avoir eu un problème à envoyer la requête à Vidéotron. Il y a donc eu un délai de 15-20 jours avant l'installation chez moi.

Alors, je recommande à tous EBox

Comments:

Review by gontrandleqc See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Connection stable, prix abordable, un choix de forfait varier"
Bad "Videotron font @$W# pour l'installation"

Cela fait un mois que je suis avec Ebox et je suis pleinement satisfait du service même que j'aimerais bien que vous offriez l'ip télé pour ne plus avoir à faire affaire avec videotron

J'ai seulement deux ponts qui m'ont fait vraiment douter de mon choix : je venais d’emménager en un nouvel appartement et je voulais rentrer avec ebox suite à tout les bons commentaires que j'ai entendu sur cette compagnie, mais j'ai du attendre deux semaines pour avoir la visite du gars de videotron et lorsque j'ai fait rentrer le câble dans ce 2 semaines, le représentant de videotron m'informe qu'il n'avait pas encore bloquer le service télé et l'internet de l'ancien locataire, mais pour me faire @#$% de ne pas avoir pris internet avec eux, le gars n'a pas voulu me brancher toute suite et me font attendre le deux semaines complet(c'est long deux semaines...). Lors de l'installation de l'internet ce n'est pas moi qui était là pour répondre au technicien(brancheur de file plutot), mais mon coloc et il ne connaissait rien de tout ça et donc quand je suis arriver le gars était entrain de brider mon service par câble de télévision, parce qu'il ne savait que j'avais payer pour! De plus, il me dit que dans 3h environ(en plus du bullshit habituel), il faut que j'appel ebox pour faire activer l'internet, mais finalement en appelant ebox, on m'a informé que c'était n'importe quoi.

Le seul problème que j'ai eu avec ebox fut qu'ils se sont trompé dans mon internet, il m'avait mis le 10mbps cable au lieu du 20mbps, mais un appel et cela a été réglé.

Bref, je suis très satisfait du service, mais c'est plutôt videotron qui m'ont fait la vie dure, mais un coup branché plus aucun problème à signaler: toujours une vitesse de 1mbps supérieur, un ping très bon (6-9), un choix de forfait pour tout les gouts quand on n'a pas besoin d'illimité ^^

Comments:

Review by zaedas99 See Profile

• Location: Saint-Colomban,QC
Good "Super high speed for such a low price... Can't complain! Customer support is top-notch!"
Bad "None."

I have nothing more to say than this : Ebox is an amazing company who strive to give to their customers the best possible service, no matter what. On top of it, the connection reliability is awesome and is on par with videotron. (of course, since they use their network). No longer will i have to feel like being rip off by videotron with their expensive internet package and their stupid/ridiculous bandwidth cap.

I highly recommend this company. Trust them!

zaedas.

Je n'ai rien de plus à dire que ceci : Ebox est une compagnie qui fait le mieux qui soit pour ses
clients. En plus, la qualité de la connexion est la même que celle chez vidéotron (c'est normal, puisque Ebox utilise le réseau de vidéotron!). Je suis si content de ne plus avoir à me sentir arnaquer par vidéotron avec leur prix d'internet exorbitant et leur stupide/ridicule bande passante, qui selon moi, est beaucoup trop basse.

Je vous recommande de faire le switch dès maintenant! Vous allez pas le regreter!

zaedas.

Comments:

Review by DanTou See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Install process very easy; flexible speed and caps options"
Bad "Upfront costs: MODEM, shipping, Install fees = 165$"
Overall "Saving lots of money over time"

Same speed as Videotron for cheaper.

Download limit higher than Videotron.

I like the fact they have different caps for each speed. Choice is good.

Ebox employees answer questions on places like here, on dlsreports.

member for 8.1 years, 2426 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Guillaume See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Price is the best on market till now."
Bad "Customer Services ( by phone ), 20mbs speed isnt stable goes to 10 often. Many down time."
Overall "Best choice for low budget, keep in mind the overall is worth what you pay for! Not much"

I had a bad experience with then but still as mentioned they are the #1 on price/vs value. At now they are still my isp.

After many painful call and frustration wait( about 1 hours each time). I took the speedtest.net test which told me i only had a 10mbs connection. An other thing painful is i was using a voip phone so as my connection was bad so my call quality were.

First id say my computer skill are average. Installation was long but not that bad, had 3 week to wait. What pisses me off is that i was paying for a 20mbs speed and the first month 2 were awful. Got disconnected many time, my internet speed was changing all the time, one sec i could get the page instantly the other time i would need the refresh browser cause it showed an out of delay exception.

When i told the costumer services about the matter they transferred me to the teck support line .... who told me to do the basic step ( that i had already tried ) of unplugging all devices from rooter then make the speedtest check. Nothing was working, i was still getting a 10mbs speed. In the end he told me to plug the computer directly in the model, and their is was i was getting the 20mbs connection. Then i plugged all the devices back to their places. The 2 months shitty internet was solved. But when i asked then what caused the problem they said something like that

" well you know anything might cause interferences between YOUR modem and YOUR router plz go check on goolgle you'll see by yourself, anyway as you pinged the 20mbs with your modem connected directly on the computer it is clearly not our fault and as you just called us after 2 month we have no possible way of knowing if you really had a bad connection over those month. You should had called us on the first day".

I was like how i am supposed to know all of those and what do i do if it start again. Your support line are so crappy long that it is normal i wont call you right away as i already did for basic question in the start.

Then felling that i was angry he went and ask me what kind of devices i had on my router and when i told him i was using a voip phone, he said " Ah this might be the problem, you know maybe you configured it to send most of your internet connection on it so in fact you might just have had a normal connection for those month but made a mistake on the setup YOURSELF".

At that point i asked for him to transfer me back to the complaint directory. In the end their final guess was: i am most likely lying to them or "did not had a good understanding of the matter" so my complaint could not be received.

A friend of mine founded the problem, the internet cable that came with the modem and was used by the videotron teck was damaged and depending on how it was placed was limiting the connection from the modem to the router.

Now the connection is all fine but, still the experience was really bad and as soon as i will find a isp with similar price ill switch for sure.

Still this i my own experience, for low budget and computer skilled person this i a great solution.

It is just that they are mostly not ready to get the big part of the market cause of their small structure and lack of customer support. They miss the capability of solving a problem without making you angrier.

Ps: I am french, sorry for the grammar mistakes

Comments:
M8ck_poc

join:2013-01-21
Saint-Hubert, QC

aucunement daccord avec toi!

Tu es un des rares... mais ils ont raison dèsqu'un routeur est présent il doivent faire les test sans routeur et si aucun probleme est présent a ce moment le trouble vien donc de l'équipement brancher aux niveaux du modem. De plus il n'est pas de leur devoir de vous donner tous les raison possibles, Il est donc important pour vous de faire vos propre recherches. Pour ce qui est du temps d'attente cela varrie de jour en jour depends du nombre de monde qui appel et des troubles rencontrer. Jai eu a les appeler dernirement et je nai meme pas attendu plus de 3 minutes a chaque fois aux support.
morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

Re: aucunement daccord avec toi!

Well, as i am sure trying different cables should be a basic step i am going to assume you did not troubleshoot properly, but still Sounds like a poor Cs experience but you get that with all isps. Speed & performance of the connection is really more important cause once yer connections good you will literally never call them again P:)
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
join:2002-02-21

initial response

Hi Guillaume,

i am pleased to hear your problem is now solved. I am also very sorry to hear you want to jump ship because of the reasons provided.

Was our agent impolite or had a rude attitude with you over the phone ? From what i am reading it seems like we could have been better at explaining the steps to test the speed.

We would like to apologize for the delays you had when calling our support line. Usually the delay is pretty decent but their department is very small compared to customer service. We don't get much calls for support issues because the network is very well managed and cable technology is rock solid. Staff level is kept low to ensure cost is low. Unfortunately it is not worth adding too much staff there at this moment. The downside is that you can end up behind a few people who requires more support before your call and this can skyrocket the delays to reach an agent. As our company grow, we will train more agents for support and the impact of a longer call should be smaller.

Thank you for your understanding.
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
join:2002-02-21

Re: initial response

on a side note i felt like my previous post needed some clarifications. We are not just leaving the situation like that. Our supervisor is acting as a SWAT team members who ujump in the support queue when delays skyrocket. Unfortunately we only have one supervisor and she does not work all the time + right now we focus on training new agents so the swat job is kind of on and off.

Still this help when a surge occur.
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX
Guillaume

join:2013-01-21
Longueuil, QC

Ah forgot to mention

The cable that was causing the problem came with the modem i bought from ebox. ^^ I aint saying they are the worst and should die right aways .... you know. I am Sharing a bad experience i had. So comment as "Totalement pas d'accord avec toi" are not suited. It is not a open opinion text. It is a real life experience. And if you love this isp this much write your own review and dont spoil other one. I am trying to expose a different point of view on their customer services. I dont thinks this site is a debate site or anything like that. Use comment to ask question not to critic others one. And as for you ebox the point in this is i was treated like shit the fault be mine or your was never the problem, your attitude and lack of respect was all that matter. I never had a service as bad as that on bell or videotron

InstantOcean

join:2012-03-20
Montreal-Nord, QC

said by Guillaume:

Just by reading your reply here, I can see a few things.

1. Why not write in your own language? (Français) You clearly either lack nuance or you are quite an aggressive individual.

2. Your review might not be open for debate from your standpoint but what you fail to understand is that there are reasons why others can comment on anyone's review. If you drag a company in the mud the way you did and that most ppl have had a very different experience from yours, you can bet your lifesavers that they will, as I do here, voice their opinion, rightfully so.

3. You claim to have been treated "like shit" with a bad attitude and lack of respect from the CS dept yet you have here, in this very review, an apology from the CEO of this ISP. You go on saying that you never had such bad service from Tron-tron or Beh-Bell. I'd like to know when PKP spoke to you personally when you had an issue with Tron-tron?

For the above mentioned reasons/facts, I deem your review biased at best, and most likely very exaggerated. I am convinced that you had issues when you made the switch, that is not the point. What I'm trying to express here is that it's not because your precious little person had issues that it warrants dragging the whole team and company in the mud and write such a spiteful review. You discredit yourself by doing so.
zaedas99

join:2012-03-06

said by InstantOcean:

said by Guillaume:

Just by reading your reply here, I can see a few things.

I totally agree with this. You said pretty much everything i thought while reading this review. +1

misterBx

Re: Ah forgot to mention

+1 for Instant Ocean on this one! I. Ive been an ebox customer for a little over a year now and other than long wait times on the phone there customer service is juste awsome! Keep up the good work guys!

Review by morisato See Profile

• Location: Oshawa,ON
Good "Good pricing easy ordering!"
Bad "Not bad but communication could use improving"
Overall "BEST prices! and quick easy service thus far."

·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
I was tired of my Old ISP teksavvy, and paying like 80 a month to use them so i decided to Cancel and switch ebox had a free Dryline promo and great pricing so hear i am! so far so good communication as mentioned was rough, they are a french first company and You will notice it. Beyond that service works install Came and went without a hitch Login works