ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by Guillaume See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Price is the best on market till now."
Bad "Customer Services ( by phone ), 20mbs speed isnt stable goes to 10 often. Many down time."
Overall "Best choice for low budget, keep in mind the overall is worth what you pay for! Not much"

I had a bad experience with then but still as mentioned they are the #1 on price/vs value. At now they are still my isp.

After many painful call and frustration wait( about 1 hours each time). I took the speedtest.net test which told me i only had a 10mbs connection. An other thing painful is i was using a voip phone so as my connection was bad so my call quality were.

First id say my computer skill are average. Installation was long but not that bad, had 3 week to wait. What pisses me off is that i was paying for a 20mbs speed and the first month 2 were awful. Got disconnected many time, my internet speed was changing all the time, one sec i could get the page instantly the other time i would need the refresh browser cause it showed an out of delay exception.

When i told the costumer services about the matter they transferred me to the teck support line .... who told me to do the basic step ( that i had already tried ) of unplugging all devices from rooter then make the speedtest check. Nothing was working, i was still getting a 10mbs speed. In the end he told me to plug the computer directly in the model, and their is was i was getting the 20mbs connection. Then i plugged all the devices back to their places. The 2 months shitty internet was solved. But when i asked then what caused the problem they said something like that

" well you know anything might cause interferences between YOUR modem and YOUR router plz go check on goolgle you'll see by yourself, anyway as you pinged the 20mbs with your modem connected directly on the computer it is clearly not our fault and as you just called us after 2 month we have no possible way of knowing if you really had a bad connection over those month. You should had called us on the first day".

I was like how i am supposed to know all of those and what do i do if it start again. Your support line are so crappy long that it is normal i wont call you right away as i already did for basic question in the start.

Then felling that i was angry he went and ask me what kind of devices i had on my router and when i told him i was using a voip phone, he said " Ah this might be the problem, you know maybe you configured it to send most of your internet connection on it so in fact you might just have had a normal connection for those month but made a mistake on the setup YOURSELF".

At that point i asked for him to transfer me back to the complaint directory. In the end their final guess was: i am most likely lying to them or "did not had a good understanding of the matter" so my complaint could not be received.

A friend of mine founded the problem, the internet cable that came with the modem and was used by the videotron teck was damaged and depending on how it was placed was limiting the connection from the modem to the router.

Now the connection is all fine but, still the experience was really bad and as soon as i will find a isp with similar price ill switch for sure.

Still this i my own experience, for low budget and computer skilled person this i a great solution.

It is just that they are mostly not ready to get the big part of the market cause of their small structure and lack of customer support. They miss the capability of solving a problem without making you angrier.

Ps: I am french, sorry for the grammar mistakes

Comments:
M8ck_poc

join:2013-01-21
Saint-Hubert, QC

aucunement daccord avec toi!

Tu es un des rares... mais ils ont raison dèsqu'un routeur est présent il doivent faire les test sans routeur et si aucun probleme est présent a ce moment le trouble vien donc de l'équipement brancher aux niveaux du modem. De plus il n'est pas de leur devoir de vous donner tous les raison possibles, Il est donc important pour vous de faire vos propre recherches. Pour ce qui est du temps d'attente cela varrie de jour en jour depends du nombre de monde qui appel et des troubles rencontrer. Jai eu a les appeler dernirement et je nai meme pas attendu plus de 3 minutes a chaque fois aux support.
morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
·TekSavvy Cable
·ELECTRONICBOX

Re: aucunement daccord avec toi!

Well, as i am sure trying different cables should be a basic step i am going to assume you did not troubleshoot properly, but still Sounds like a poor Cs experience but you get that with all isps. Speed & performance of the connection is really more important cause once yer connections good you will literally never call them again P:)
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
join:2002-02-21

initial response

Hi Guillaume,

i am pleased to hear your problem is now solved. I am also very sorry to hear you want to jump ship because of the reasons provided.

Was our agent impolite or had a rude attitude with you over the phone ? From what i am reading it seems like we could have been better at explaining the steps to test the speed.

We would like to apologize for the delays you had when calling our support line. Usually the delay is pretty decent but their department is very small compared to customer service. We don't get much calls for support issues because the network is very well managed and cable technology is rock solid. Staff level is kept low to ensure cost is low. Unfortunately it is not worth adding too much staff there at this moment. The downside is that you can end up behind a few people who requires more support before your call and this can skyrocket the delays to reach an agent. As our company grow, we will train more agents for support and the impact of a longer call should be smaller.

Thank you for your understanding.
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
join:2002-02-21

Re: initial response

on a side note i felt like my previous post needed some clarifications. We are not just leaving the situation like that. Our supervisor is acting as a SWAT team members who ujump in the support queue when delays skyrocket. Unfortunately we only have one supervisor and she does not work all the time + right now we focus on training new agents so the swat job is kind of on and off.

Still this help when a surge occur.
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX
Guillaume

join:2013-01-21
Longueuil, QC

Ah forgot to mention

The cable that was causing the problem came with the modem i bought from ebox. ^^ I aint saying they are the worst and should die right aways .... you know. I am Sharing a bad experience i had. So comment as "Totalement pas d'accord avec toi" are not suited. It is not a open opinion text. It is a real life experience. And if you love this isp this much write your own review and dont spoil other one. I am trying to expose a different point of view on their customer services. I dont thinks this site is a debate site or anything like that. Use comment to ask question not to critic others one. And as for you ebox the point in this is i was treated like shit the fault be mine or your was never the problem, your attitude and lack of respect was all that matter. I never had a service as bad as that on bell or videotron

InstantOcean

join:2012-03-20
Montreal-Nord, QC

said by Guillaume:

Just by reading your reply here, I can see a few things.

1. Why not write in your own language? (Français) You clearly either lack nuance or you are quite an aggressive individual.

2. Your review might not be open for debate from your standpoint but what you fail to understand is that there are reasons why others can comment on anyone's review. If you drag a company in the mud the way you did and that most ppl have had a very different experience from yours, you can bet your lifesavers that they will, as I do here, voice their opinion, rightfully so.

3. You claim to have been treated "like shit" with a bad attitude and lack of respect from the CS dept yet you have here, in this very review, an apology from the CEO of this ISP. You go on saying that you never had such bad service from Tron-tron or Beh-Bell. I'd like to know when PKP spoke to you personally when you had an issue with Tron-tron?

For the above mentioned reasons/facts, I deem your review biased at best, and most likely very exaggerated. I am convinced that you had issues when you made the switch, that is not the point. What I'm trying to express here is that it's not because your precious little person had issues that it warrants dragging the whole team and company in the mud and write such a spiteful review. You discredit yourself by doing so.
zaedas99

join:2012-03-06

said by InstantOcean:

said by Guillaume:

Just by reading your reply here, I can see a few things.

I totally agree with this. You said pretty much everything i thought while reading this review. +1

misterBx

@electronicbox.net

Re: Ah forgot to mention

+1 for Instant Ocean on this one! I. Ive been an ebox customer for a little over a year now and other than long wait times on the phone there customer service is juste awsome! Keep up the good work guys!

Review by morisato See Profile

• Location: Oshawa,ON
Good "Good pricing easy ordering!"
Bad "Not bad but communication could use improving"
Overall "BEST prices! and quick easy service thus far."

·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
I was tired of my Old ISP teksavvy, and paying like 80 a month to use them so i decided to Cancel and switch ebox had a free Dryline promo and great pricing so hear i am! so far so good communication as mentioned was rough, they are a french first company and You will notice it. Beyond that service works install Came and went without a hitch Login works

Comments:

Review by Nitra See Profile

• Location: Lachine,QC
Good "Fast, Stable, Overall a breath of fresh air."
Bad "Lead time to install can be 2+ weeks, change to profiles takes 24 hours"
Overall "Regardless of lead times, EB is very stable and fast."

·TekSavvy DSL
My order was placed on Nov. 23, hookup was Dec. 6th.
The process was painless, I opt'ed to pickup the modem and save the shipping expense.

I did have a small issue being put onto the incorrect profile, this was resolved by a call into support and waiting 24 hours.
The connection is stable and fast, in fact it's always fast, I've been with Bell and Videotron, and I feel that the peering that EB has is much better. I've not seen slowdowns at any time.

At this point, I only wish I'd have switched sooner, what was I waiting for?

member for 3 years, 1034 visits, last login: a few hours ago

• Location: h3e0a
Good "Excellent deal for low-end packages, no contract, excellent performances"
Bad "For high-end packages (15 or 30mbps, and unlimited downloads), their packages are unfortunately not competitive."
Overall "Excellent as a starting point for someone who want to leave the"

Note: I am using a 8mbps, 250gb quota package.

I was previously with a competitor of Electronic Box (Acanac) for over five
years. There have been ups and downs with Acanac, but the past year was
quite terrible, with VERY VERY bad customer experience/service (and mediocre
ADSL performances).

I looked to change provider, and my researches led me to Electronic Box.
They had a good reputation amongst fellow engineers, and their entry package
was unbeatable.

The registration process was painless, the sales rep was knowledgeable and
they mostly kept the schedule (the delay in sending the installator was not
caused by Electronic Box but Videotron, from which the lines are obviously
rented).

I like that it is a month-to-month subscription. I hate that there is a 50$
"installation" fee, even if the technician doesn't have to come to your
home, but I won't hold it against Electronic Box since that fee is imposed
by Videotron (who obviously doesn't want you hoping from one provider to
another).

Electronic Box (contrary to Acanac) also allowed me to keep my own modem
cable that I had purchased years ago from Videotron. They did charge me 20$
for that, but at least they didn't force a new modem purchase down my
throat.

Another important point: I have done "speed tests" on multiple occasions,
and at all time the download and upload were AT LEAST slightly above the
"promised" speeds, and on a few occasions I was surprised to see 10mbps in
download for the 8mbps that I paid. Thanks.

Now, despite this, after only being a customer of a couple of months, I am
considering switching my provider to another one (not Acanac, out of
principle for what they did to me) because when you look at faster and
higher end package, Electronic Box simply isn't competitive. If for the same
price their 500GB plans for 15mbps and 30mbps were UNLIMITED plans, I'd
stick with them. But a 500GB cap for that price is not interesting (others
offer better prices packaged in the 15mbps and 30mbps). Even their 8mbps
unlimited is not interested.

But, for customers looking at 75gb and 250gb packages, I think they offer
the best solution in Quebec. Furthermore, they speeds have been higher than
promised, so it is interesting.

Note: I am using a 8mbps, 250gb quota package.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by eril See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jerome,QC
Good "Right thing, right price, right time"
Bad "Nohing Yet!"
Overall "Go ahead... They delivers!"

Reffered by customer #LE38

More than 1 month later, no bad surprise at all.
Plus, few days after my membership activated, Electronic Box announced a better speed 20mbps instead of 15bmps and an higher cap for the same price...

Comments:

Review by antoined See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "technical support"

I have no bad remarks

Comments:

Review by AthanFurax See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "fiabilité, vitesse, rapport qualité / prix"
Bad "pas de pb à date"

- mise en route un peu longue (1 semaine et demi entre abonnement et installation effective...)
- 250GO à 8MB/s (10 en janvier) pour 42$ / mois
- acheté le modem Motorola SB5101N
- le service à la clientèle est excellent
Bref rien à redire. En fait la mise en route a été longue car ils étaient débordés après la publication
d'un article de Protégez-Vous...

Comments:

Review by shampoo0 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Fast connection"
Bad "Installation was troublesome"
Overall "Once it's up and running, best deal going if you are a power user"

I ordered 1 month in advance and the day the switch to take place, Videtron cancelled the transfer because I had remaining months on my contract and it was a business account.

This isn't Ebox's fault, but still rather annoying.

So EBox offered to set me up on a new hookup.. Which I did.

5 days later and a tech was at my place. When the tech left, he said it could take 3hrs for the connection to be made.

After 3hrs, still no connection. I called in and it appears my MAC address to the modem hadn't been entered into the system. Once that was done, everything was up and running.

Super fast, faster then advertised. Very polite people to deal with. They have come a long way since I last used them some 3+ years ago.

member for 11.2 years, 166 visits, last login: 1.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by Xexiz See Profile

Good "Same internet cable, better package, much better prices!"
Bad "Customer service time response"

Seriously, why pay 54$ to Videotron when you can get the same internet, much more bandwith and higher speeds for much less money! Yeah their customer service won't be as quick as bigger companies with 4930 people to answer your call, but who cares. 32$ instead of 54$ speaks for itself. For the price I was paying highspeed, I could now have 20Mbps and 500Go instead of 8Mbps and 50Go. I'm recommanding all my friends to switch without hesitation!!

Comments:

Review by lilinhan0416

• Location: Montreal,QC

I had this Internet 3 month ago, I think it never disconnect and keep the highest speed. Also I convinced my friends to use it. It is great

(review was emailed from domain gmai.com)