ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by powerlutin See Profile

• Telco party Public Service Telephone Company
Good "Good customer service and rates"
Overall "Would recommand"

Good customer service and rates.. Very happy to have made the switch from videotron

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

Comments:

Review by Demegargon See Profile

• Location: Levis,QC
Good "good service and price"
Bad "nothing bad yet :)"
Overall "nice"

I used to have Videotron as ISP, but ElectronicBox is way cheaper and is as reliable... easy choice for me.

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

Comments:

Review by cbvmichel0 See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Great speed, great bandwidth, great pre and post sale service ..."
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "None better"

Got fed up with the costs and bandwidth limits of my previous provider. Did my research, contacted them, got great answers, they were accommodating with the installation date I needed. Since it was installed 2 months ago, I cannot be happier with the stability, speed and bandwidth ... and the money that stays in my pockets. Customer LM81

member for 3.3 years, 442 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by blandinebiga See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "speed as advertized, low cost and more GB than videotron"
Bad "wait 2 weeks to install and they cut my videotron internet too early"
Overall "worth it if you don't need TV or phone or want more GB for the price"

LS87

I don't want cable tv anymore since I barely watch it. But if I remove it they raise my internet by 10$ so I begin to look elsewhere and Electronic box had good reviews. So for 15$ less than videotron I got 50GB more and no need to add services or call once a year to get discount price.

The installation was not easy because videotron cut the internet 3 days after I subscribe but the tech is supposed to come 12 days later! They finally plug it again but 2 different techs want to come the same day!

Finally it was set up and running without problem since (about a month).

Beware you will need to pay about 200$ with tax for the modem (or rent it), the installation fees (even if there no installation!!) and the first month. So you need to keep it for more than a year to save.

Comments:

Review by xpatate See Profile

• Location: j7n0g2
Good "Good speed for the price. Good down/uplad limit for the price"
Bad "Installation was difficult to coordinate with my previous provider"
Overall "Very good quality for the price"

I considered all the big players and the dowload limit was always ridiculously small. I search on the net to find the best bang for the buck and ElectronicBox was often mentionned. I gave a try and it's amazing. I took the 30MBits service and the service never went unde 32Mbits on speedtest ! I have a 500G limit per month and all that for the same price of my previous provider that was offering me 60G@12Mbits

I called the support twice so far, 15 minutes wait the first time and somebody answered me directly the second time.

You can't go wrong with ElectronicBox.

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

Comments:

Review by firest See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Installation in 4 days"
Bad "-"

Ordered the package CABLE 8 with 250GB limit and Thomson modem for possible future upgrade. Use for almost 1 month. The speed is 10 Mb on download and 1 Mb up. No complaints, totally satisfied.

Good "Fast cable access"
Bad "Extra fees and delays when you bring your own modem"
Overall "Decent cable provider"

I switched to Electronic Box from Caneris last October because I wanted to have faster download and upload speeds. Due to a recent CRTC rulling, cable is now more affordable. The order process went find and I ordered a cable modem from another supplier since eBox was selling them at a premium. The install date was set 3 weeks after the order was placed to insure that everyone had time to prepare for the switch. Unfortunately, the switch was not smooth. The technician arrived on time to setup the cable. But the guys at Videotron did not have the correct information to set up the modem and activate the line. It took three days to have this resolved. Once everything was online, I have not had any problems and the connection has been stable.

(review was emailed from domain snkmail.com)

Comments:

Review by BigBlarg See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Service stable, excellent prix, limites de téléchargements réalistes pour 2012"
Bad "Coût élevé au départ pour l'installation et l'équipement"

J'ai téléphoné vers la fin décembre 2011 pour m'abonner au début du mois de janvier, dans le but d'économiser un peu d'argent. J'ai acheté le modem chez eux et je suis allé le chercher à leurs bureaux pour éviter les frais de shipping.

Le jour du branchement. comme j'étais déjà abonné chez Vidéotron, je n'ai eu qu'à débrancher mon vieux modem et brancher le nouveau moi même. Ça a fonctionné comme prévu!

Je n'ai jamais eu de problèmes et à part pour faire un changement de forfait Internet (passé de 8 mbits à 15 mbits) je n'ai jamais eu à les contacter.

L'investissement initial est un peu cher (modem, installation, etc) mais ça se rentabilise au bout d'un an, donc ça vaut la peine.

member for 6.7 years, 2224 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by vova-6625

• Location: Cote Saint-Luc,QC
Good "Good price in relation to the speed and quality."
Overall "Overall staisfied."

Before joining Electronic Box, I have considered several other ISPs. I chose Electronic Box because the price seem the most fair among all the other options I reviewed.

Up until recently everything was great, from the installation, which was made very professionally till the internet quality itself. Had a few little problems, but for now, it seems they are all solved. No complains for this moment.

Overall I'm satisfied.

(review was emailed from domain hotmail.com)

Comments:

Review by abeloin See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Competitive price. Local company. Very good service."
Bad "None so far ;)"

Cable 20 Mbits - 500 GiB per month
Smooth and painless installation, well worth the $49.95.
Activation time done quickly(after the installation): 15 minutes!

Info for new customer is sparse: ie: usage check need a vl code but not provided until next billing cycle.

An introduction email to new customer would definitely help the less savvy users.

Comments:
GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

None so far ;)

It's kind of severe to rate them at 50-75% when there are "no down sides so far ", isn't it?
Especially since they have an average rating above 90%!
You can still edit yuor review by the way.
abeloin

join:2011-12-28
Canada

Re: None so far ;)

I think it is a matter of opinion because I don't trust reviews giving a 90-100% after less then a week(even a month) of service. Connection reliability, Tech Support, and services can't be evaluated properly in such short time.

Also a few days ago, I've contacted tech support for the first time so how can I give them a rating other than 50%(neutral) before that?

In the end, the "Edit your review" button is there, so we can adjust our review according to our future exchange with the ISP.
Dunlop

join:2011-07-13

higher speed

Your speed should be 20/2 (there is no 15/1.5 anymore) since Videotron changed their speed profiles.

If you are not getting that then just reset your modem, there is no extra charge
abeloin

join:2011-12-28
Canada

Re: higher speed

Thanks for the reminder, I've updated the review.