ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Great price, good customer service, great tech support"
Bad "Nothing major"
Overall "Great cable ISP, 100% worth it if you only want internet and are currently using the big names (ie videotron or bell)"

Have 8Mbit cable internet with a tompson dcm475 modem they also sold me. Called three weeks before moving to set a date, they gave me the first opening and stuck to it. Tech support was great in solving my router issues. Their data overage charges are also set up in a way to cap at the same price as if you were on the unlimited plan. This tells me that they really aren't here to take advantage of anyone, which is a big plus.

One little thing, they didn't mention initially that you can only change your plan every two months. So when I called after a couple weeks to ask for the next data limit because I underestimated my usage with roommates, they said I would have to wait two months. They eventually caved and let me change it for the next month, but that this would be my first and only "exception".

Over all electronic box is a fantastic alternative to the big name companies that love to rip you off and give you horrible lengthy customer service/tech support.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by thegrunt See Profile

Good "very happy"
Overall "perfect"

I am very happy with electronic box 8mbps cable 250 gb. I buy the modem thomson for $ 99 I recommended him to everyone

Comments:

Review by smallj53 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON
Good "Good service and good price"
Bad "I had to do a little running around..."
Overall "Good isp, obviously up and coming"

So I missed Electronicbox's call and their email to tell me when the service was going to start. I guess not getting my dsl username and password on the install date counts as a hassle as well. The Bell tech never showing up on the install date I suppose could have been trouble too...

But I'm an experienced dsl user from the bad old days of the original Nortel modem so it was just a little more fun on my end. I called for the install date and I called for the username and password. When the Bell tech never showed I called again. Everyone was super polite and knowledgeable. I guess Electronicbox doesn't do too many dsl installs, it's all cable these days.

Anyway, Bell did their work. I knew that when I got a shock fooling with their line the day before the install date. The dry loop was definitely up so I went with one of my five or so dsl modems I have kicking around. A few minutes later and I'm doing 5100/650 or so with signal to noise in the teens on both upload and download. Nice.

Should you go for Electronicbox? Sure. The support they give is top notch. Should you go with dsl? No. I like dsl because it is more interesting than cable. For the average user, you get more bandwith, faster speeds and less trouble with cable.

member for 11.6 years, 1059 visits, last login: 1 year ago

Comments:
luckied

join:2010-07-09
Montreal, QC

SNR?

Really? Your SNR was in the teens?! That's incredible over a DSL line! You must be VERY close to a C.O!

Best of luck

Review by tribultik See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "fast internet - custumer service kindness"
Bad "none"

I was looking for a fast and unlimited connection. Quite difficult to find in Montreal.
Videotron and Bell were too expensive and too limited.
Electronic box is limited to 500 go, which is quite enough and we can extend if we need with extra cost.
I choose Speedcable extreme 30 - 500go.
I bought the modem from Electronic box, received 2 days after.
We had to wait around 11 days to be connected. In fact 8 days of this waiting was for people from videotron to connect us, because electronicbox use their wires.

My maximum download speed is 3mo/s.
Perfect stable connection, perfect service.
So far I'm very happy to have made this choice, every time I call them they are nice and efficient. I was afraid of not finding a internet provider as good as mine in france (Numericable in paris with fiber) but this one is pretty hot.
Thanks !

A happy customer.
Laurent

Comments:

Review by Yuuji See Profile

Good "Prix très compétitif, staff très accessible et sympa, fiable. Que demandez de plus ?"
Bad "Rien"
Overall "Un choix sensé pour soutenir un IISP indépendant tout en ayant de meilleurs prix. Gagnant-Gagnant"

Forfait...
Cable 8 Mbits - 250 GiB par mois @ 36.95$+TX

Au niveau de la commande...
Ayant acheté un modem Sb5100 sur eBay d'un utilisateur en Ontario pour 15$ (livraison incluse ), je m'étais informé de la validité de celui-ci avec le staff d'eBox. À chaque demande d'information, j'ai toujours été répondu en moins de quelques heures par courriel. Et dans le cas de DISKACE, en MP sur le forum, les réponses étaient en moins de 2 minutes. Le service client est donc excellent et très humain comparativement au gros ISP.

Installation..

J'avais demandé une installation vers la fin du mois et ils ont été capables de satisfaire cette demande. Lors de la journée d'installation, le technicien est venu à 8:00 du matin et après 30 minutes, le service était actif et fonctionnel.

Qualité du service
Une image vaut mille mots

»www.speedtest.net/result/2063200395.png

Conclusion
Avec des prix très compétitifs (42$ pour 8 Mbits contre 50$ pour du 5 Mbits chez TekSavvy en DSL), une équipe attentive et à l'écoute de ses clients, un service transparent (Voir les posts sur l'infrastructure que DISKACE poste régulièrement), vous ne pouvez pas faire meilleur choix. Sans compter, que choisir eBox, c'est encourager un IISP indépendant.

Compte Client : CF15

Comments:

Review by L_ermite See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "Bon service à la clientèle, très simple pour l'installation, super prix"
Bad "3 semaines avant d'avoir un rendez-vous pour l'installation par vidéotron"

Je suis tombé sur cette compagnie par hasard en faisant une recherche sur google pour un nouveau fournisseur internet. Mais je pouvais pas mieux tomber. Tout a été super simple et le prix est plus que compétitif sans avoir à prendre 2 ou 3 autres produits comme la télé ou le téléphone pour y avoir droit.

J'ai maintenant l'internet pour 37$ +tx par mois, le téléphone à 40$ par année avec net talk duo et la télévision en HD gratuite avec une antenne UHF sur le toit et un appleTV jailbreaké avec tous les films et séries télé!! Une économie d'environs 70$ par mois.

Comments:

Review by Ichigo01 See Profile

• Location: Sherbrooke,QC
Good "Very good price/internet speed ratio! Tech support easy to use and you don't wait a lot."
Bad "Must pay 50 $ to see a tech plug the cable in the modem."
Overall "Very good product and service. I will recommend it."

I heard that company from a friend and I called to get informations. There is a very good client service. The amount I pay now is way lower than with some big brand companies for much better speed and amount of download/upload per month. It took 2 days for the modem to came by Purolator and after 6 days I was connected so I'm very pleased with the service. The only bad thing is the fact that you must pay 50 $ for a tech to do exactly what you can, i.e. plug the cable in the modem and wait 30 minutes untill activation. I understand the use of a tech when the cable is not already installed in your house but the peolple before me had the cable and even with that you must pay for the tech.

The speed, until now, is very steady so for now I'm very happy with Electronic Box.

Email: branko.petrov@usherbrooke.ca

Comments:

Review by vieuxschnock See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu,QC
Good "Same service as I had before for less money"
Bad "Installation fees even if videotron was already active in house"
Overall "installation fees 50$ for 5 minutes technician time"

Looks like the best move I ever made as my ISP, cheaper than videotron with a higher monthly bandwith.

I recommand Ebox services to anyone who's looking for a great internet plan/price.

Comments:

Review by misspoisson See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Fast response by email, staff courteous and knows what they are doing"
Bad "No response by phone. ALready had a cable connection in appartment but had to pay for install anyway."
Overall "Seems okay for now, we'll see on the long run how it goes."

Got the 75Gb package. Considered going with AEI who offer unlimited for 35$, however a phone line is necessary so it would end up the same as Electronic box, plus phone line annoyance.

Install very simple and fast, received my modem really quickly (purchased the 99$ modem).

Was a bit annoyed that I had to pay for a tech to come in and confirm that my cable connection was okay. Getting appointment with tech took 2 weeks because July is the busiest time of year.

Comments:
eboxseb

join:2011-08-26
Montreal, QC

Activation fee

By contract with are cable provider, we don't have choice to charge each time installation fee because it's by same time the garanty that each time you need a tech to repair problems on your cable, he will come free.

**The only moment there will be charge is when you did unauthorize modification.**

ymhee_bcex
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
·PHONE POWER
·VOIPO
·callwithus

Re: Activation fee

English is my third language - so I am very reluctant to criticize people's language skills. But the first paragraph makes less sense than All your base are belong to us
Technical problems are more often than not management incompetence masquerading as technical issues

Review by brianoflee See Profile

• Location: Guelph,ON
Good "Speed, Price, Customer Service"
Bad "3rd-party installation can be difficult to coordinate"
Overall "Great service, unbeatable price"

Signed up with e-box from recommendations from this site. Called 3 weeks before my moving day to schedule installation (no problem), but found out a day later that I'd be moving in 3 days earlier, so tried to reschedule installation (couldn't be done). Nonetheless, installation occurred at the first-scheduled time, and the connection has been up and running flawlessly ever since. Very happy with the service received, especially at this price (30 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up, 250 GB cap, $50/month; no contract, bought my own modem.) Thanks!