ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by gravufo See Profile

• Location: Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "Same stability as Videotron, much cheaper price, higher caps, fast speeds!"
Bad "Not so much of a bad point, but ping is a TINY bit higher than Videotron"
Overall "I love the service and the price (5$/month less and twice the speed with 160 GB/month more!)"

I decided to switch from Videotron to Electronicbox after seeing all the comments on this forum. The prices are great and the speed is constant and stable. I have had no downtime or problems until now. Tech support is amazing and much better than Videotron because they actually know what they're talking about.

Would recommend to anyone (I already do, to all my friends).

member for 4 years, 1607 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by etienneg See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Simple, efficace, économique"
Bad "Frais reliés à la connexion"
Overall "Très bon rapport qualité/prix"

Haute vitesse, tel que promis, en tout temps. Excellente fiabilité de connexion à ce jour. Pas très évident de voir sa consommation de transfert mensuel, mais l'outil existe bien en cherchant sur le site web. Pas de compte courriel inclus. Somme toute, ce service équivaut au service offert par les câblodistributeurs à une fraction du prix. No de compte client: GE17

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

Comments:
LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
·ELECTRONICBOX

Consommation Internet / Internet usage

C'est le même outil pour tous les indépendants du réseau Vidéotron.

Consommation Internet:
»extranet.videotron.com/services/···nput.jsp

Internet usage:
»extranet.videotron.com/services/···nput.jsp

fastinternet

@electronicbox.net

Re: Consommation Internet / Internet usage

Vous avez jusqu'a 5 courriel d'inclus avec votre compte internet il ne faut qu'en faire la demande.

Review by spirch3 See Profile

Good "stabilité, prix, installation"
Bad "trop de personne s'abonne"
Overall "c'est une bonne place!"

quand il a trop de monde qui s'abonne en même temps, il ce peut que la vitesse drop jusqu'au prochain mois mais a par de ça j'adore la stabilité, le services et le prix.

account PF16

Comments:

Review by mvarela150 See Profile

• Location: Terrebonne,QC
Good "Fast and reasonably priced Cable internet connection"
Bad "Week long wait for install"
Overall "Best internet service I've ever had; very reliable and"

I recently moved to Montreal and decided to look around for a cable internet provider before just going for the big name companies like Bell, Videotron, etc. I came upon this company and decided to give them a try (especially since there is no contract and I can cancel anytime). So far (1 month+) I have had the best and most reliable internet connection I've ever had; so I am extremely happy with my choice of Electronic Box. I did have to wait a little over a week for installation but that really wasn't a problem for me.

Cable Speed: 15 Mbps down/ 1.5Mbps up

Bought modem for 100$

Comments:

Review by gonthier See Profile

• Location: Saint-Eustache,QC
Good "it's perfect"

8mbps download and 1 mbps upload
my modem is a Thomson (Docsis 3.0)
It's excellent service...

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

Comments:
Dunlop

join:2011-07-13

YOu can have faster speed

Reset your modem and you will now have 10mpbs down and 1mbps up for the same price ; )

(Videotron changed the speed profiles so Ebox has use them)

Review by vt.namsavanh

• Location: Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "Best quality price internet service"
Bad "Took a little while to have it installed"
Overall "Highly recommended!"

I'm a recently new customer to ElectronicBox and I have SpeedCable Extreme 15. I have to say that I am a very pleased customer. I believe that we get alot more for the money invested. I have been with Bell before, but man...EBox made my life much easier and less stressful.

P.S: It took me a little while to have the installation done. If you ever want their services, I highly recommend calling two weeks before. No big deal, but being used to having internet constantly and reading good reviews, my expectations were higher than they should've been.

I highly recommend their services! Thank you EBox!

(review was emailed from domain hotmail.com)

Comments:

NTV1

@electronicbox.net

forgot to add client id

Client ID: NTV1

Review by mozbius See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Connection is reliable and the speed holds up."
Bad "Got service only 12 days after I've made full payment."
Overall "Still new customer so it's a bit early to provide a proper review. Everything has been great for the last month"

Electronic Box ACCOUNT : BJ68
New customer since august 28th.

SPEED/package ordered: SpeedCable Extreme 30Mbps for a monthly 68.93 tx in.
Supplied equipment brand/model: I bought the Thomson DCM475 Cable Modem from this internet provider.

Transitioning from Bell ADSL to Electronic Box cable was quick and painless. Only somewhat less appealing experience is the wait period between when I have paid for everything and actually get service, 12 days. Thank god I waited before pulling the trigger on Bell internet service.

Reason of choosing Electronic box:
1- Some friends and family are Electronic Box customer and didn't face connectivity issue or any other problem. I need a reliable connection as it is also being used for remote work from home.
2- Bell was charging me a little more than 78$ monthly (with discounts included!!!!) for a 7Mbps internet connection. I must say that it was unlimited but come on! At 7Mbps how much can you really download anyway? No need to say that they were reaping me off! And worst is that every other month price would escalate (it was originally at 45$ package!!!!).

Comments:

Review by jocoz See Profile

Good "Good service"
Bad "a lot of DNS resolution problems"
Overall "if i can't solve my problems, i will need to change company"

Update september 25th: I called the company and they gave me new DNS parameters and I had no problem so far. For the speed issues, it turned out they made a mistake activating my account and it's now 20 Mbps, which is even higher than what i pay for.

I am now plugged to electronicbox for 3 weeks with the 15 Mbps plan. Service and installation went smoothly. Although, I have had a lot of DNS resolution issues even after rebooting router, modem, and resetting my computer's network info. Some nights, it can be 40% of the websites that don't show up without 2 or 3 refreshes. Even when working, it's still very slow to connect to websites. I tested my speed rate a few times with the website proposed by the company and I always clocked about half the speed I subscribed to. I will still need to give them a call to make sure everything is right. As far as i can tell, if i manage to get everything to work smoothly and the right speed, it'll be the best deal in town. If eveything can't get to working flawlessly, i will definately consider changing company.

Comments:

Review by jjthegreat See Profile

• Location: Vaudreuil-Dorion,QC
Good "Good service, good price."
Bad "New company getting off the ground."
Overall "Welcome new addition for competition for ISP's"

I ordered via internet
Got a call for an install date 1 week later.
Tech showed up week after that to install service.
Paid for 30mb service, speedtest was showing 8.0
Called tech support and answered the phone in less that 5 mins on a Friday afternoon, to me thats lightning fast. Spoke to "Seb" and found the profile was setup incorrectly from videotron. He sent a communication to the provisioning team and by Monday morning I received a call from Seb to have the modem rebooted. Worked fine after that. Super service, thanks.
Account LCJ3

Comments:

Review by Yofi See Profile

• Location: Hampstead,QC
Good "price, value, customer service, speed, reliability"
Bad "wait time for installation"
Overall "best choice in Montreal"

I switched to ElectronicBox because of the rave reviews here and elsewhere on the internet. I was happy with what I had before (ColbaNet) but unfortunately they said they could not provide me service in my new building when I moved.

The first thing I noticed about ElectronicBox's service is that they seem very friendly and casual, from their emails at least. Some people might like the service to be more professional but I much prefer ElectronicBox's personal attitude.

My one and only complaint is that we had to wait a fair amount of time until we got our installation, a little over two weeks I think. It was no big deal, though, and they did send someone for the time that we requested on the form.

Since our service started I have been extremely satisfied with our internet. It is very reliable as far as I can tell and it's exactly 8 Mbps just like it said on the site. BUT the one thing that really blew me away is that today I got an email from ElectronicBox stating that they were increasing the speeds and bandwidths of all their services for FREE! I would never have expected that from any other company, and it made me happy to see that they are passing on the results of their success to their customers and not just coasting. Already I was so happy to be able to watch videos in 1080p on YouTube finally without pre-loading them even, and now it's going to be even a little faster than that!

Thanks for the great service, and let's hope it stays that way.