ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by vt.namsavanh

• Location: Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "Best quality price internet service"
Bad "Took a little while to have it installed"
Overall "Highly recommended!"

I'm a recently new customer to ElectronicBox and I have SpeedCable Extreme 15. I have to say that I am a very pleased customer. I believe that we get alot more for the money invested. I have been with Bell before, but man...EBox made my life much easier and less stressful.

P.S: It took me a little while to have the installation done. If you ever want their services, I highly recommend calling two weeks before. No big deal, but being used to having internet constantly and reading good reviews, my expectations were higher than they should've been.

I highly recommend their services! Thank you EBox!

(review was emailed from domain hotmail.com)

Comments:

NTV1

@electronicbox.net

forgot to add client id

Client ID: NTV1

Review by mozbius See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Connection is reliable and the speed holds up."
Bad "Got service only 12 days after I've made full payment."
Overall "Still new customer so it's a bit early to provide a proper review. Everything has been great for the last month"

Electronic Box ACCOUNT : BJ68
New customer since august 28th.

SPEED/package ordered: SpeedCable Extreme 30Mbps for a monthly 68.93 tx in.
Supplied equipment brand/model: I bought the Thomson DCM475 Cable Modem from this internet provider.

Transitioning from Bell ADSL to Electronic Box cable was quick and painless. Only somewhat less appealing experience is the wait period between when I have paid for everything and actually get service, 12 days. Thank god I waited before pulling the trigger on Bell internet service.

Reason of choosing Electronic box:
1- Some friends and family are Electronic Box customer and didn't face connectivity issue or any other problem. I need a reliable connection as it is also being used for remote work from home.
2- Bell was charging me a little more than 78$ monthly (with discounts included!!!!) for a 7Mbps internet connection. I must say that it was unlimited but come on! At 7Mbps how much can you really download anyway? No need to say that they were reaping me off! And worst is that every other month price would escalate (it was originally at 45$ package!!!!).

Comments:

Review by jocoz See Profile

Good "Good service"
Bad "a lot of DNS resolution problems"
Overall "if i can't solve my problems, i will need to change company"

Update september 25th: I called the company and they gave me new DNS parameters and I had no problem so far. For the speed issues, it turned out they made a mistake activating my account and it's now 20 Mbps, which is even higher than what i pay for.

I am now plugged to electronicbox for 3 weeks with the 15 Mbps plan. Service and installation went smoothly. Although, I have had a lot of DNS resolution issues even after rebooting router, modem, and resetting my computer's network info. Some nights, it can be 40% of the websites that don't show up without 2 or 3 refreshes. Even when working, it's still very slow to connect to websites. I tested my speed rate a few times with the website proposed by the company and I always clocked about half the speed I subscribed to. I will still need to give them a call to make sure everything is right. As far as i can tell, if i manage to get everything to work smoothly and the right speed, it'll be the best deal in town. If eveything can't get to working flawlessly, i will definately consider changing company.

Comments:

Review by jjthegreat See Profile

• Location: Vaudreuil-Dorion,QC
Good "Good service, good price."
Bad "New company getting off the ground."
Overall "Welcome new addition for competition for ISP's"

I ordered via internet
Got a call for an install date 1 week later.
Tech showed up week after that to install service.
Paid for 30mb service, speedtest was showing 8.0
Called tech support and answered the phone in less that 5 mins on a Friday afternoon, to me thats lightning fast. Spoke to "Seb" and found the profile was setup incorrectly from videotron. He sent a communication to the provisioning team and by Monday morning I received a call from Seb to have the modem rebooted. Worked fine after that. Super service, thanks.
Account LCJ3

Comments:

Review by Yofi See Profile

• Location: Hampstead,QC
Good "price, value, customer service, speed, reliability"
Bad "wait time for installation"
Overall "best choice in Montreal"

I switched to ElectronicBox because of the rave reviews here and elsewhere on the internet. I was happy with what I had before (ColbaNet) but unfortunately they said they could not provide me service in my new building when I moved.

The first thing I noticed about ElectronicBox's service is that they seem very friendly and casual, from their emails at least. Some people might like the service to be more professional but I much prefer ElectronicBox's personal attitude.

My one and only complaint is that we had to wait a fair amount of time until we got our installation, a little over two weeks I think. It was no big deal, though, and they did send someone for the time that we requested on the form.

Since our service started I have been extremely satisfied with our internet. It is very reliable as far as I can tell and it's exactly 8 Mbps just like it said on the site. BUT the one thing that really blew me away is that today I got an email from ElectronicBox stating that they were increasing the speeds and bandwidths of all their services for FREE! I would never have expected that from any other company, and it made me happy to see that they are passing on the results of their success to their customers and not just coasting. Already I was so happy to be able to watch videos in 1080p on YouTube finally without pre-loading them even, and now it's going to be even a little faster than that!

Thanks for the great service, and let's hope it stays that way.

Comments:

Review by deboismenu See Profile

• Location: Mont-Royal,QC
Good "Fast and lots of monthly download quota"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Excellent ISP, glad I drop my old incumbent operator."

Set up and transfer from Videotron was a breeze. I only had to wait 7 days for the installation. After that I had no issues at all. Good support service as well.

Comments:

Review by matsmd See Profile

Good "The service is excellent and thay have very good price."
Bad "I have a 15 Mbps package and the maximum i get is 11 mbps"

ElectronicBox is a very good ISP. The service, before and after sale, is very fast. The price are lower than the big company like Videotron (for the cable).

Comments:

Review by Francoise See Profile

• Location: J5A 0C8

no dry line fee
250G at $36.95
The order and installation was very good, quick and fast
Modem cable : Thomson DCM475
STAC.55.01

Good experience because we were able to start using internet just about an hour after technician had done the installation

after just 3 weeks, I'm very satisfy of the service I bought

I had suggest the service to other friends

Comments:

Review by ExSupport See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Helpful staff"
Bad "n/a"
Overall "Great service, great price."

I shopped around for the best package and price for high-speed cable internet in Montreal, and Electronicbox looked like the best option. I ordered the residential Speedcable Extreme 15 package (up to 15mbps download speed) for $39.95 per month. I really liked that they offer the choice of leasing a modem or buying one from them with no monthly charge; I ended up buying the Thomson DCM475 modem. I have dealt with the sales staff over email and the tech support staff over the phone. Both were very helpful. Overall my experience has been very positive, the service is reliable and quick, and it's much cheaper than the competition for the same speed. I would definitely recommend Electronicbox to anyone looking for fast, reliable, and affordable cable internet.

Comments:

Review by gilles_lemay See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Connection internet rapide et fiable"
Bad "temps d'installation long"
Overall " recommander pour le rapport/prix"

J'ai choisi l'internet 8 mbit/s, à un prix de 31.95, par rapport à Videotron le prix est plus compétitif et j'ai également plus de capacité de téléchargement (75 gig).

L'installation et le processus de changement de videotron vers eletronicbox a été simple mais long. J'ai dû attendre un 3 semaine entre la facturation et la venue du technicien pour l'installation.

Pour le moment la connection a été rapide et fiable, pas de problème jusqu'à présent.

À recommander!