ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by LE100 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Price and speed"
Bad "Speed after dinner (between 18h and 21h) drop to 3MBytes down and 1MBytes up"

I think is a cable to my house from a street is RG59.

Comments:
nster

join:2013-12-15
H2M

3 edits

slow downs

Hi,

You may have been experiencing the slow downs this past week »[Cable] High Latency

This is not a common occurrence

Review by The Doctor See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Connection always fast and low latency "
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "Excellent service"

Signed up on 11/21/13 was setup on 28-11-2013
Videotron tech ran new wiring and left after confirming modem sync and told me call ebox to activate.
Ebox activated everything and all seemed work fine except bittorrent and some large file downloads(Linux iso's)

I have spoken with ebox Eric and he tried to help me solve my remaining issues but after switching routers 4 times i just gave up.

They have performed some test and tell me connection is fine but still considering asking them swap the modem for docsis3 version in the hope it will help.

But overall even with minor issues i have recommended to friends and they are very happy with service as well.

»speedof.me/show.php?img=14030710···2370.png

UpdateApril 7 2014: Picked up an DCM475 and all is well no issue to report at all.

member for 2.6 years, 1085 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny

To The Doctor

Good day,
We greatly appreciate your comments. I am convinced that M. Ebox Eric offered you the appropriate assistance but when you mention that you are considering swapping modems for a Docsis 3.0, I am under the impression that you have a Docsis 2.0. If this is the case, maybe a speed upgrade could resolve the situation you have mentioned.
Regards

The Doctor

join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

Re: To The Doctor

Possible speed upgrade would help but ebox want me pay 50$ because breaking lease if want swap modems.

Re: To The Doctor

There is no penalities if you rent/buy a different modem from us. You can pm me if you want, i can set this up for you.

Review by kipotlov See Profile

Good "Speed, price, reliability"
Bad "Nothing for now"

I have ElectronicBox as internet provider for a month. The service is excellent, nothing to say again it.

The delay for the installation was not fast, but not slow too. I got a cable service.
I use my own modem, a Thomson DCM475.

Comments:

eboxsidney

Your review.

Hi kipotlov,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. It's always a pleasure to read a positive review.

Review by vitesse See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu,QC
Good "Great price, good service, incredible speed"
Bad "still have to find one"
Overall "The highest quality cable ISP in quebec"

·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
The price is unbeatable, for where I live (Quebec, Canada)

The technical support is great and they have a presence here at DSLR

The installation has been sooner than expected.

The speed is really what they advertise (60mbps / 3mbps) Far from the UP TO from the outdated Bell Network.

I had an independent installator who's is Videotron affiliated. The work has been professional and everything was great. I have nothing bad to say about him.

I have buy a DCM475 and gone to the ISP Office to get it. something I maid for the last time in 1994

They only offer 250gb options with the 60mbps. You can buy up to 4 bloc of 75gb for 5$ each.

This is an upgrade from my Teksavvy connection. Hope they won't become Teksavvy 2.0

Edit: September 2012
So far they are fairly reliable. They had some slowdown on the evening this summer, but they always worked hard to do appropriate correction. I would recommend them to anyone.

Edit: December 2012
I since installed them to many friends and relative. They are still reliable with only few drop in speed from time to time, nothing to worries about. I use them at two Commercial building and its a smooth ride. They are still focused on customer satisfaction. I still Highly recommend them to anyone.

Edit: February 2013
The upload speed have been upgraded to 10mbps. The upload on Cable is now 2.4x faster than download on DSL network and 15x faster than the DSL upload speed.

Edit October 2013
The connection has been rock solid since February with an average of 64mbps of download and 10.5mbps of upload.

Edit: April 2014
The connection is still rock solid, I sometime get 70mbps of download speed and always between 9.5 and 10.5mbps of upload speed.

member for 11.6 years, 1964 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

golb

@teksavvy.com

300 Mb or average

Yes, my only concern with EB is 250 G cap. If they rasise it to 300-350 or average 2-3 months, then it would be great, and I jump in right away.

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC

Re: 300 Mb or average

The customer service is 100 times better than TSI. this ain't comparable.

To vitesse

Good day,
Thank you for sharing your past experience with our company. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Review by zadigre See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Excellent price and bandwidth limit compared to Videotron"
Bad "Dependent on Videotron... so might be a little bit harder to fix a problem"
Overall "one of the best independent ISP in Quebec!!"

I chose the speedcable extreme 60.
I had the same connection with Videtron... but the cost was 80$ and bandwidth limit was 150GB/month instead of 250GB with ElectronicBox.

the price was one of the main point that made me switch to ElectronicBox...
but talking to someone who was actually concerned about

I'm still having some reliability problems with my connection... but support is excellent... Especially Jean-Philippe that is still working on my case with Videotron.

Update : March 6th 2012
for the past two weeks, all customers on speed cable extreme 60 are getting less speed than what they pay for in the peak hours (mostly after 6pm).
EBox is waiting for Vidéotron to upgrade their link...
this is why my review for connection reliability is 3/5... I will update it later if the problem is resolved.

Update : November 18th 2012.
EBox has worked hard and as fast as the can to resolve all connectivity problems (sometimes dependent on Videotron).
For the past weeks, I didn't have any problem. Some persons have problems with gaming (mostly a problem with latency). I'm not a gamer... but I didn't see any problem with my VOIP lines or other realtime applications (like video/voice chat).

Update : March 19, 2014. Service has been excellent so far with EBox. I changed my speed from 60 to 15mbits to have unlimited. I can have the same thing with videotron... But with the good experience that I have so far with EBox, I decided to stay with them.

member for 7.8 years, 3419 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny

To Zadigre

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer a detailed account of your experience with our company. Your comments are appreciated.

Review by gouda1950 See Profile

• Location: Sainte-Petronille,QC
Good "Bon prix. Service excellent. Performance comme annoncé."
Bad "rien a signaler"
Overall "Augmentation de vitesse et de maximum depuis novembre (2013)au même prix."

Je suis abonné depuis début septembre 2012. Je viens d'Acanac (J'ai été avec eux pour 6 ans). J'ai changé pour avoir service en français et moins cher avec (câble). Je ne le regrette pas. Je recommande electronicbox à tous.
J'ai également abandonné Bell (téléphonie) pour freephoneline.

MAJ 10 mars 2014. Toujours aussi satisfait du service.
Comme je n'ai eu aucun problèmes durant ces 18 mois, on peut dire que le service est extraordinaire!
Continuez votre beau travail.

Comments:

eboxdanny

À gouda1950

Nous vous remercions pour vos commentaires. Nous sommes satisfait d'avoir atteint vos attentes de prix et de qualité de service.

Bonne journée

Review by doudev See Profile

• Location: L'Assomption,QC
  • Telco party @link
Good "pas de probleme"

je n ai aucun probleme tres rapide et l or de l instalation il ont changer tout les fils a l extérieur et sa ma rien couter de plus

Comments:

eboxsidney

Review

Merci d'avoir pris le temps d'écrire vos commentaires.

Review by hsheriff See Profile

• Location: Saint-Lambert,QC
Good "Great Speeds, Great Prices, Nice people"
Bad "Nothing so far"
Overall "Great Overall"

·TekSavvy Cable
Easy switch from teksavvy, switched over overnight while I was asleep. Friendly customer support, almost no waiting time to call in whenever I call. Slow email support, but this is unimportant as you can always just call them. Knowledgeable staff. Staff members and CEO always available on their dslreports forum.

I have had this service for a month and a half and o far so good, I will update my review as time goes on.

Account Number: DKS1

member for 1.8 years, 389 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny

To hsheriff

Thank you for your comments and please be assured that we are taking the necessary measures in order to maintain an effective and quick response time for all of our customers.

Review by macol71 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Great speed as advertised. Good service. Reliable. No shut downs"
Overall "Great service, very happy with it after 2 months"

J'ai commandé au début janvier en remplacement de Bell. Après plusieurs calculs et comparaison avec divers forfaits de Bell, Vidéotron et Ebox, ma conclusion était très éloquante. Ebox offrait un service supérieur pour beaucoup moins cher que les concurants. J'ai essayé de négocier avec Bell, qui m'ont simplement offert moins pour plus cher encore...alors j'ai quitté. Je suis très satisfait de mes services pour le moment avec Ebox. Service courtois et accessible. J'ai dû acheter le modem, mais malgré cet achat le total par mois à la fin de l'année me revient moins cher qu'avec Bell...À considérer fortement pour tous ceux qui voudraient changer de compagnie. J'ai seulement le service internet.

Comments:

eboxdanny

To macol71

Nous vous remercions de vos commentaires et nous sommes heureux d'avoir atteint vos attentes.
Bonne journée.

Review by robyjacob See Profile

• Location: Crabtree,QC

cela a pris reelement 10 joursouvrable pour la connection. commander le 9 janvier installé le 21 janvier au debut j avais un peu plus de 20mbs maintenant cela se maintient a ce niveau le soir tard le jour ca descend un peu plus et le ping est entre 25 et 100 ms tout depend de l heure. j ai achete leur modem cable dcm-475 doc sis 3.0(technicollar)

Comments:
Ebox_Eric

join:2012-04-07

Trouble de vitesse

Bonjour avez vous tentez de nous contacté au support pour vos trouble de vitesse? Ceci n'est pas normal et nous pouvons vous aidez a trouver la source du trouble.