ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by chall2k56 See Profile

• Location: Stittsville,ON
Good "Solid network connectivity"
Bad "Wasn't available sooner"
Overall "Another Great alternatiove to RoBellus"

·Acanac
·WIND Mobile
I started out as one of the Beta testers in Ontario for Cable services in Ontario.

Services are equal to that of the local incumbent, but at much cheaper rates.

There is no peak congestion outside of a congested node (would affect everyone in a small area if this is the case)

You will need a DOCSIS 3 modem for the service. EBox provides the Thompson DCM476 as it's default cable modem, and is capable of well over 150Mbps Downstream (a plan that may be offered in the future)

EBox is also working on an off-peak download option, so you may be able to download large files and torrents off peak to save your bandwidth quota

I haven't needed to use Technical Support, so I didnt rate for that

Update May 26 2014:

I have had 1 major service outage when there was a Fiber cut in Downtown Montreal, but other than that, it has been rock solid

There are also some new speeds coming at the end of the month 10/1, 30/5, 60/10 (not sure if ebox will offer the 150/15)

Comments:

Review by ostieca See Profile

• Location: h7n 0b5
Good "Reliable"
Bad "The SmartRG modem section is great, but the manual and wi-fi sections are missing some details and features."
Overall "Great company to make business with."

Great customer service from the pre-sale up to the post-sale. Once Bell fixed its network issues, the connection became faster than expected and rock solid. It's good to see this young local team being so serious about their products. Highly recommended.

member for 10.4 years, 263 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To ostieca

Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion about our company.

Have a nice day.

Review by andr33 See Profile

Overall "Excellent choice"

- I chose basic dsl 6mbs. It is excellent for most purposes, except things like streaming video, where slight delays would matter.

- unlimited during 2h..14h ; limit 100G 14h..2h (afternoon/evening)

--- The current usage during limited and unlimited periods is available on line, very quick to access. (Only client code is required.)

- 30,95/mo (no hidden costs). There is an additional fee if don't have regular phone service from Bell, like most if not all ISPs.

- no activation fee.

- is probably the lowest price available for DSL.

- the quality of service is identical to Bell, which is good. Since I now have my own modem (separate from my router), it works a bit better. (Bell provides a combined router/modem.)

- required automatic charging to a credit card (or maybe automatic debit). which is convenient. (It is a fixed fee every month, unless you have a very high usage.)

- very fast and friendly sign up service, but they missed a few relatively minor details. (none relating to costs)

--- e.g., I was surprised that my credit card was charged for the first month right away instead of when service started about 2 weeks later. But that is not a problem, considering that there is no activation fee.

- after initial month, invoices are aligned to calendar month, which is nice

- each month is charged on credit card around 10th of previous month. (I end up having to pay one month later, so that is not bad.)

--- It may be different if one pays by automatic debit, if available.

- all invoices are sent by email, and are simple, clear, and compact.

- very fast response for technical support (compared to Bell, who shuffles you from person to person). Had to call them for an initial configuration problem. I sent them a suggestion about detailing technical info by email at the beginning, so that may be no longer a problem. (Only one of the many settings is different from that of Bell, probably so one connects to them instead of Bell.)

- for equipment, one can buy or rent from them. I chose to buy elsewhere. They made no attempt to coerce me, just saying that if the equipment was from them it would be preconfigured. Excellent approach. (If you are challenged configuring electronic devices, buying from them would be easier, but they will help you in any case.)

- In sum, they provide excellent service, and if you do have a configuration problem, are very helpful. And they have an excellent price for basic DSL (6Mbps), with a large limit.

I'm glad I switched to them.

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To andr33

Good day,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer the feedback associated with your experience with our company. Please feel free to contact us if you have any inquiries.

Regards,

Review by dominique See Profile

• Location: Hoboken,Hudson,NJ

Although the service since installation has been without incident I was struck by the initial disorganization of the set up. My modem, which I had paid to have shipped, was sent to an incorrect address, and the company was then unable to deal with the error. I was responsible for calling the shipping company and correcting the mistake.

This was an unnecessary inconvenience. I did contact the company and requested a call back from the supervisor. This never came. I have stayed with Electronic Box rather than go through the hassle and expense of arranging a new provider, but I can't say I would recommend their services due to the rather unimpressive showing at following up on concerns of customers.

Comments:
iamhere

join:2013-01-26
canada

Location?

I didn't realize they offered service in New Jersey!

Review by melissabear See Profile

It took forever to set up my service. Technical support kept insisting the error that stopped me from getting internet access was a physical one but the THREE technicians they sent kept insisting it was on ElectronicBox's end. It ended up being ElectronicBox's error, which made me miss three days of work because I had to sit at home waiting for the technicians and unable to complete my homework during finals at home because they didn't check it properly. I went two weeks from the time I ordered the service until it was finally set up. I was also told that the modem had router capabilities, which it doesn't so when it finally worked, I had to go out and buy a router when I was told I wouldn't have to.

Customer service was really nice when I called, but nothing ever got done so it wasn't exactly useful.

When I finally thought it was all done, they charged me for the first broken modem they sent me, even though three customer service reps promised they'd email me the return slip and none of them did.

All in all, I've not been terribly impressed with that end so far. That being said, once they were actually able to get me internet, I've had no problems connecting or with speed or whatever. It's good on that end.

Comments:

Review by dr1max See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "reliability cable, value price, personal touch"
Bad "billing errors, peakourslowdown, conflicting information"
Overall "Ebox gives you a very reliable Videotron Cable internet worth 5 Starts for a better value"

Pre Sales information: 4 stars
no issue, called 5 times before switching over to ask questions, waiting times depends when you call

Install Co-ordination: 5 stars
2 email and 1 phone confirmation for installation received, videotron techs installed, no issue there.

Connection reliability: 5
possibility of slow speeds during business hours

Tech Support: 3 stars
4 calls made: so far agents were always friendly; some are more knowledgeable then others, but always willing to help and find or verify solutions while placing you on hold.
no 24/7 support/ left a message at 11pm while tech support was closed but received a call back first thing in the morning.

Would be nice if they would offer a no cap option for the 30/10 Cable Internet
billing errors for over usage charge, high start-up cost.

Overall there are issues with this ISP that are out of their control like the random slowdowns of speeds but its still a good company that I am happy to support.

Comments:

Review by Nat See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jerome,QC
Good "Very fast and professional"
Bad "Some questions were not answered on the website"
Overall "Very happy"

I ordered the 10/15 package with 250 GB / month
The installation was ... even better than I could have hoped for ... fast and with ABSOLUTELY no hassle
I bought a DCM 475
I'm very happy with how the transition went ...
I'm happily surprised of how much less GB I use with your company than what I used with the previous company (and I have not changed my utilization habits !) I used 30 GB with you last month and I had a very hard time staying under 75 GB with the other company ... I don't understand why that is but I'm very happy about it
I recommend your company to everyone with whom I have an internet provider conversation ... way to go, Electronic Box !!!

Comments:

Review by Chamou See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Fast and easy installation. Good price. Perfect french service"

20/10 for 49,95$ (150g). Fast installation. No problem at all

Comments:

Review by micara See Profile

• Location: j3l oj3

have the same service that I had with videotron for less money...that's good

Comments:

Review by Anderewrey See Profile

• Location: Sherbrooke,QC
Good "Price, service"
Bad "Should do more publicity about them"
Overall "I will stay with them for a long time"