ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by LE100 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Price and speed"
Bad "Speed after dinner (between 18h and 21h) drop to 3MBytes down and 1MBytes up"

I think is a cable to my house from a street is RG59.

Comments:
nster

join:2013-12-15
H2M

3 edits

slow downs

Hi,

You may have been experiencing the slow downs this past week »[Cable] High Latency

This is not a common occurrence

Review by The Doctor See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Connection always fast and low latency "
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "Excellent service"

Signed up on 11/21/13 was setup on 28-11-2013
Videotron tech ran new wiring and left after confirming modem sync and told me call ebox to activate.
Ebox activated everything and all seemed work fine except bittorrent and some large file downloads(Linux iso's)

I have spoken with ebox Eric and he tried to help me solve my remaining issues but after switching routers 4 times i just gave up.

They have performed some test and tell me connection is fine but still considering asking them swap the modem for docsis3 version in the hope it will help.

But overall even with minor issues i have recommended to friends and they are very happy with service as well.

»speedof.me/show.php?img=14030710···2370.png

UpdateApril 7 2014: Picked up an DCM475 and all is well no issue to report at all.

member for 3 years, 1248 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny

To The Doctor

Good day,
We greatly appreciate your comments. I am convinced that M. Ebox Eric offered you the appropriate assistance but when you mention that you are considering swapping modems for a Docsis 3.0, I am under the impression that you have a Docsis 2.0. If this is the case, maybe a speed upgrade could resolve the situation you have mentioned.
Regards

The Doctor

join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

Re: To The Doctor

Possible speed upgrade would help but ebox want me pay 50$ because breaking lease if want swap modems.

Re: To The Doctor

There is no penalities if you rent/buy a different modem from us. You can pm me if you want, i can set this up for you.

Review by kipotlov See Profile

Good "Speed, price, reliability"
Bad "Nothing for now"

I have ElectronicBox as internet provider for a month. The service is excellent, nothing to say again it.

The delay for the installation was not fast, but not slow too. I got a cable service.
I use my own modem, a Thomson DCM475.

Comments:

eboxsidney

Your review.

Hi kipotlov,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. It's always a pleasure to read a positive review.

Review by zadigre See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Excellent price and bandwidth limit compared to Videotron"
Bad "Dependent on Videotron... so might be a little bit harder to fix a problem"
Overall "one of the best independent ISP in Quebec!!"

I chose the speedcable extreme 60.
I had the same connection with Videtron... but the cost was 80$ and bandwidth limit was 150GB/month instead of 250GB with ElectronicBox.

the price was one of the main point that made me switch to ElectronicBox...
but talking to someone who was actually concerned about

I'm still having some reliability problems with my connection... but support is excellent... Especially Jean-Philippe that is still working on my case with Videotron.

Update : March 6th 2012
for the past two weeks, all customers on speed cable extreme 60 are getting less speed than what they pay for in the peak hours (mostly after 6pm).
EBox is waiting for Vidéotron to upgrade their link...
this is why my review for connection reliability is 3/5... I will update it later if the problem is resolved.

Update : November 18th 2012.
EBox has worked hard and as fast as the can to resolve all connectivity problems (sometimes dependent on Videotron).
For the past weeks, I didn't have any problem. Some persons have problems with gaming (mostly a problem with latency). I'm not a gamer... but I didn't see any problem with my VOIP lines or other realtime applications (like video/voice chat).

Update : March 19, 2014. Service has been excellent so far with EBox. I changed my speed from 60 to 15mbits to have unlimited. I can have the same thing with videotron... But with the good experience that I have so far with EBox, I decided to stay with them.

member for 8.1 years, 3572 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny

To Zadigre

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer a detailed account of your experience with our company. Your comments are appreciated.

Regards,

Review by gouda1950 See Profile

• Location: Sainte-Petronille,QC
Good "Bon prix. Service excellent. Performance comme annoncé."
Bad "rien a signaler"
Overall "Augmentation de vitesse et de maximum depuis novembre (2013)au même prix."

Je suis abonné depuis début septembre 2012. Je viens d'Acanac (J'ai été avec eux pour 6 ans). J'ai changé pour avoir service en français et moins cher avec (câble). Je ne le regrette pas. Je recommande electronicbox à tous.
J'ai également abandonné Bell (téléphonie) pour freephoneline.

MAJ 10 mars 2014. Toujours aussi satisfait du service.
Comme je n'ai eu aucun problèmes durant ces 18 mois, on peut dire que le service est extraordinaire!
Continuez votre beau travail.

Comments:

eboxdanny

À gouda1950

Nous vous remercions pour vos commentaires. Nous sommes satisfait d'avoir atteint vos attentes de prix et de qualité de service.

Bonne journée

Review by doudev See Profile

• Location: L'Assomption,QC
  • Telco party @link
Good "pas de probleme"

je n ai aucun probleme tres rapide et l or de l instalation il ont changer tout les fils a l extérieur et sa ma rien couter de plus

Comments:

eboxsidney

Review

Merci d'avoir pris le temps d'écrire vos commentaires.

Review by hsheriff See Profile

• Location: Saint-Lambert,QC
Good "Great Speeds, Great Prices, Nice people"
Bad "Nothing so far"
Overall "Great Overall"

·TekSavvy Cable
Easy switch from teksavvy, switched over overnight while I was asleep. Friendly customer support, almost no waiting time to call in whenever I call. Slow email support, but this is unimportant as you can always just call them. Knowledgeable staff. Staff members and CEO always available on their dslreports forum.

I have had this service for a month and a half and o far so good, I will update my review as time goes on.

Account Number: DKS1

member for 2.2 years, 568 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny

To hsheriff

Thank you for your comments and please be assured that we are taking the necessary measures in order to maintain an effective and quick response time for all of our customers.
Regards,

Review by macol71 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Great speed as advertised. Good service. Reliable. No shut downs"
Overall "Great service, very happy with it after 2 months"

J'ai commandé au début janvier en remplacement de Bell. Après plusieurs calculs et comparaison avec divers forfaits de Bell, Vidéotron et Ebox, ma conclusion était très éloquante. Ebox offrait un service supérieur pour beaucoup moins cher que les concurants. J'ai essayé de négocier avec Bell, qui m'ont simplement offert moins pour plus cher encore...alors j'ai quitté. Je suis très satisfait de mes services pour le moment avec Ebox. Service courtois et accessible. J'ai dû acheter le modem, mais malgré cet achat le total par mois à la fin de l'année me revient moins cher qu'avec Bell...À considérer fortement pour tous ceux qui voudraient changer de compagnie. J'ai seulement le service internet.

Comments:

eboxdanny

To macol71

Nous vous remercions de vos commentaires et nous sommes heureux d'avoir atteint vos attentes.
Bonne journée.

Review by robyjacob See Profile

• Location: Crabtree,QC

cela a pris reelement 10 joursouvrable pour la connection. commander le 9 janvier installé le 21 janvier au debut j avais un peu plus de 20mbs maintenant cela se maintient a ce niveau le soir tard le jour ca descend un peu plus et le ping est entre 25 et 100 ms tout depend de l heure. j ai achete leur modem cable dcm-475 doc sis 3.0(technicollar)

Comments:
Ebox_Eric

join:2012-04-07

Trouble de vitesse

Bonjour avez vous tentez de nous contacté au support pour vos trouble de vitesse? Ceci n'est pas normal et nous pouvons vous aidez a trouver la source du trouble.

Review by antoine_w See Profile

• Location: Anjou,QC
Good "Service over the phone is great. Connection is reliable. No disconnection since over 2 months of usage."
Bad "Peek hours you will notice a little slow down but nothing too bad."
Overall "Worth the price, 35$/month. Unlimited from 2am to 2pm."

I have DSL 10 MB. Everything work perfects, the connection is reliable. I can watch movie on Netflix, play PS3 online and surf the web, absolutely no problems.

Bandwidth is unlimited from 2am to 2pm, and I have no problem sharing P2P.

I use the same modem Bell use, 2 Wire with WIFI included. No problems, works perfect. I bought it used from a guy online and I saved 100$.

The connection NEVER dropped since I am with ElectronicBox.

The installation process was not really awesome, obviously it was performed by Bell Technician and the first guy who come here to install the thing was totally stupid, he disconnected my neighbor phone line, damaged a lot of thing, and told me if it's not working it's not his problems, and left... I called, they sent an other technician, and that guy was very professional, fixed everything, and help me setting up and making sure network was working fine. He even helped me moving furniture to access phone box... MOVING FURNITURE! YEAH!

I am happy with the reliability of the service, for 35$ / month, unlimited from 2am to 2pm, it's worth it.

Comments:

eboxdanny

To antoine_w

Good day,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our company. You are not supposed to experience a decrease in speed during the peak hours. If this problem occurs again, please contact our technical support department and we will assist you.
Regards