dslreports logo
site
spacer

spacer
 
    ISP Rolodex Intro Local ISPs Members U-Verse FiOS FiOS Soon
spc

spacer




how-to block ads



ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports
Six Month Rating

Reviews:
bullet 749 reviews (656 good) (20 bad)
bullet Submit a review by email click here
bullet login for new review notification feature

Review by zadigre See Profile

  • Location: Montreal,QC
  • Cost: $62 per month (month by month)
  • Install: about 7 days
Good "Excellent price and bandwidth limit compared to Videotron"
Bad "Dependent on Videotron... so might be a little bit harder to fix a problem"
Overall "one of the best independent ISP in Quebec!!"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

I chose the speedcable extreme 60.
I had the same connection with Videtron... but the cost was 80$ and bandwidth limit was 150GB/month instead of 250GB with ElectronicBox.

the price was one of the main point that made me switch to ElectronicBox...
but talking to someone who was actually concerned about

I'm still having some reliability problems with my connection... but support is excellent... Especially Jean-Philippe that is still working on my case with Videotron.

Update : March 6th 2012
for the past two weeks, all customers on speed cable extreme 60 are getting less speed than what they pay for in the peak hours (mostly after 6pm).
EBox is waiting for Vidéotron to upgrade their link...
this is why my review for connection reliability is 3/5... I will update it later if the problem is resolved.

Update : November 18th 2012.
EBox has worked hard and as fast as the can to resolve all connectivity problems (sometimes dependent on Videotron).
For the past weeks, I didn't have any problem. Some persons have problems with gaming (mostly a problem with latency). I'm not a gamer... but I didn't see any problem with my VOIP lines or other realtime applications (like video/voice chat).

Update : March 19, 2014. Service has been excellent so far with EBox. I changed my speed from 60 to 15mbits to have unlimited. I can have the same thing with videotron... But with the good experience that I have so far with EBox, I decided to stay with them.

member for 8 years, 3519 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 216 days ago

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To Zadigre

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer a detailed account of your experience with our company. Your comments are appreciated.

Regards,

Review by gouda1950 See Profile

  • Location: Sainte-Petronille,QC
  • Cost: $32 per month (month by month)
  • Install: about 18 days
Good "Bon prix. Service excellent. Performance comme annoncé."
Bad "rien a signaler"
Overall "Augmentation de vitesse et de maximum depuis novembre (2013)au même prix."
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

Je suis abonné depuis début septembre 2012. Je viens d'Acanac (J'ai été avec eux pour 6 ans). J'ai changé pour avoir service en français et moins cher avec (câble). Je ne le regrette pas. Je recommande electronicbox à tous.
J'ai également abandonné Bell (téléphonie) pour freephoneline.

MAJ 10 mars 2014. Toujours aussi satisfait du service.
Comme je n'ai eu aucun problèmes durant ces 18 mois, on peut dire que le service est extraordinaire!
Continuez votre beau travail.


member for 1.9 years, 11 visits, last login: 224 days ago
updated 224 days ago

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

À gouda1950

Nous vous remercions pour vos commentaires. Nous sommes satisfait d'avoir atteint vos attentes de prix et de qualité de service.

Bonne journée

Review by doudev See Profile

  • Location: L'Assomption,QC
  • Cost: $63 per month
  • Telco party @link
Good "pas de probleme"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

je n ai aucun probleme tres rapide et l or de l instalation il ont changer tout les fils a l extérieur et sa ma rien couter de plus

member for 230 days, 0 visits, last login: 230 days ago
lodged 230 days ago

Comments:

eboxsidney
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-12-03

Review

Merci d'avoir pris le temps d'écrire vos commentaires.






Review by hsheriff See Profile

  • Location: Saint-Lambert,QC
  • Cost: $69 per month
Good "Great Speeds, Great Prices, Nice people"
Bad "Nothing so far"
Overall "Great Overall"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

My Other Reviews

·TekSavvy Cable
Easy switch from teksavvy, switched over overnight while I was asleep. Friendly customer support, almost no waiting time to call in whenever I call. Slow email support, but this is unimportant as you can always just call them. Knowledgeable staff. Staff members and CEO always available on their dslreports forum.

I have had this service for a month and a half and o far so good, I will update my review as time goes on.

Account Number: DKS1

member for 2.1 years, 510 visits, last login: a few hours ago
lodged 234 days ago

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To hsheriff

Thank you for your comments and please be assured that we are taking the necessary measures in order to maintain an effective and quick response time for all of our customers.
Regards,

Review by macol71 See Profile

  • Location: Montreal,QC
  • Cost: $45 per month
  • Install: about 14 days
Good "Great speed as advertised. Good service. Reliable. No shut downs"
Bad "None"
Overall "Great service, very happy with it after 2 months"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

J'ai commandé au début janvier en remplacement de Bell. Après plusieurs calculs et comparaison avec divers forfaits de Bell, Vidéotron et Ebox, ma conclusion était très éloquante. Ebox offrait un service supérieur pour beaucoup moins cher que les concurants. J'ai essayé de négocier avec Bell, qui m'ont simplement offert moins pour plus cher encore...alors j'ai quitté. Je suis très satisfait de mes services pour le moment avec Ebox. Service courtois et accessible. J'ai dû acheter le modem, mais malgré cet achat le total par mois à la fin de l'année me revient moins cher qu'avec Bell...À considérer fortement pour tous ceux qui voudraient changer de compagnie. J'ai seulement le service internet.

member for 234 days, 0 visits, last login: 234 days ago
lodged 234 days ago

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To macol71

Nous vous remercions de vos commentaires et nous sommes heureux d'avoir atteint vos attentes.
Bonne journée.

Review by robyjacob See Profile

  • Location: Crabtree,QC
  • Cost: $47 per month
  • Install: about 10 days
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings below consensus)

cela a pris reelement 10 joursouvrable pour la connection. commander le 9 janvier installé le 21 janvier au debut j avais un peu plus de 20mbs maintenant cela se maintient a ce niveau le soir tard le jour ca descend un peu plus et le ping est entre 25 et 100 ms tout depend de l heure. j ai achete leur modem cable dcm-475 doc sis 3.0(technicollar)

member for 235 days, 0 visits, last login: 235 days ago
lodged 235 days ago

Comments:
Ebox_Eric

join:2012-04-07

Trouble de vitesse

Bonjour avez vous tentez de nous contacté au support pour vos trouble de vitesse? Ceci n'est pas normal et nous pouvons vous aidez a trouver la source du trouble.






Review by antoine_w See Profile

  • Location: Anjou,QC
  • Cost: $35 per month
  • Install: about 14 days
  • Telco party Bell Canada
Good "Service over the phone is great. Connection is reliable. No disconnection since over 2 months of usage."
Bad "Peek hours you will notice a little slow down but nothing too bad."
Overall "Worth the price, 35$/month. Unlimited from 2am to 2pm."
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

I have DSL 10 MB. Everything work perfects, the connection is reliable. I can watch movie on Netflix, play PS3 online and surf the web, absolutely no problems.

Bandwidth is unlimited from 2am to 2pm, and I have no problem sharing P2P.

I use the same modem Bell use, 2 Wire with WIFI included. No problems, works perfect. I bought it used from a guy online and I saved 100$.

The connection NEVER dropped since I am with ElectronicBox.

The installation process was not really awesome, obviously it was performed by Bell Technician and the first guy who come here to install the thing was totally stupid, he disconnected my neighbor phone line, damaged a lot of thing, and told me if it's not working it's not his problems, and left... I called, they sent an other technician, and that guy was very professional, fixed everything, and help me setting up and making sure network was working fine. He even helped me moving furniture to access phone box... MOVING FURNITURE! YEAH!

I am happy with the reliability of the service, for 35$ / month, unlimited from 2am to 2pm, it's worth it.

member for 236 days, 0 visits, last login: 236 days ago
lodged 236 days ago

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To antoine_w

Good day,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our company. You are not supposed to experience a decrease in speed during the peak hours. If this problem occurs again, please contact our technical support department and we will assist you.
Regards

Review by OmniGear See Profile

  • Location: Laval,QC
  • Cost: $46 per month
  • Install: about 5 days
Good "Good speed and stable connection."
Overall "Satisfied with this service"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

I ordered the Cable Extreme 20 and i'm paying 43$ for it. What's really great about this package is the download limit. I get double or even triple the date for a fraction of the price. In overall I get more for less.

They shipped me my brand new modem. Called to activate it. It took 30 seconds. I then plugged my modem in and it worked instantly.

What struck me the most is the simplicity, the price and the amount they gave me. It's everything I wanted in an internet service.

member for 236 days, 0 visits, last login: 236 days ago
lodged 236 days ago

Comments:

eboxsidney
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-12-03

To OmniGear

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoy your service with us.

Review by johnny5 See Profile

  • Location: Montreal,QC
  • Cost: $39 per month
  • Install: about 21 days
Good "Client-service was good, speed as annonced, no hidden cost"
Bad "Nothing yet"
Overall "Way better than Colba Net"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

My Other Reviews

·Colbanet
It's just a couple of hour since I use the service, but it's the first time I hit the annonced speed on speedtest.net.

Installation has been made by Videotron, the guy was really nice and did a great job.

Client # MP139

member for 241 days, 1 visits, last login: 237 days ago
updated 237 days ago

Comments:

eboxsidney
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-12-03

Review

Hi johnny5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us so far.






Review by pyrrhus See Profile

  • Location: Canada
  • Cost: $31 per month
  • Install: about 14 days
Good "Price"
Bad "2$ raise in first months subscribing (however, 1st raise in years)"
Overall "best quality / price I could find in Montreal"
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)

I had to buy a modem from ISP, but price of modem was very competitive. Modem was shipped fast. Electronicbox being serviced by Videotron for tech connection at home really slowed down the process and it took 2 weeks before I could enjoy my new ISP. All it took really was the touch of a button at Videotron, but they insisted to send a tech which was useless, since I had to go to one of their boutiques to give them back their modem. Anyways, that's not e-box fault at all, but it's part of my experience.

All in all, I recommend warmly e-box to anyone asking for tips.

Keep up the good work.

# client electronicbox: BM319

member for 239 days, 1 visits, last login: 237 days ago
updated 237 days ago

Comments:

eboxsidney
Superviseur
Premium
join:2013-12-03

Review

Hi pyrrhus,

Thanks a lot for reviewing your experience with Ebox. Even though the delay for cable installation/transfer is not something we have any control over, I understand it can be a source of frustration. Still, I'm glad that you are satisfied with your services.