ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by reneepiche See Profile

Je suis très satisfaite d'être avec Electronic Box. Il offre un excellent service ainsi que de bons tarifs.

Renée Piché
No. compte : PR68

Courriel : renoupiche@gmail.com

Comments:

Review by Bea See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Reliable connection. Good speed. Works perfectly for me need. Great Price! "
Bad "You probably have to buy a new modem, but I guess it is worth it."
Overall "Great service."

I was a client of a big internet/cable/phone company for 2 years, in part because when I moved to the city my landlord and friends recommended this company and because I thought it was more reliable than a small one. Yet, after reading some reviews online I decided to change to Electronicbox and I am very happy. I have the High Speed cable package which works perfectly for me. In my previous company I had a higher download speed (15MB) but with my current 10MB connection I haven't noted any difference. I use internet mostly for browsing, talking through Skipe and watching Netflix, plus some occasional media downloads. All work perfectly, and so far after 2 months I have had no problems at all. Also, I am very happy with the 100Gb monthly limit which is enough for me. In the other company I had a 60Gb limit and sometimes I had to pay extra to amplify the limit 20Gb more as this wasn't enough. As for the price it is really reasonable and moving from one company to the other was really smooth. Electronicbox was in charge of everything so I didn't have to face giving explanations to the other company. I joined Electronicbox with a group of friends so we got an extra discount in our monthly bills. I am very happy and love the service. I should have changed before and saved some money!

Comments:

Review by pfwoodtli See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Everything is really excellent"
Bad "Nothing to say really"

Well, I can only say that I am very happy with the service Electronic Box has been providing me so far. All the people I spoke to were extremely nice and helpful, the technician who came to remove my Videotron connexion was nice and professional, and the quality of the connexion is excellent. Therefore, congratulations ! You have an amazing customer service, and it is really appreciated.

Something else: your website is very well done, and it's fantastic to be able to check my monthly traffic online.

I will be happy to recommend your company every time I can.

Patrick F. Woodtli

Comments:

Review by OsmosisU See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "stable"
Bad "slow upload"
Overall "satisfied"

I was happy with the DSL service from Electronic Box. It never went down in the 2 years I had it. Tech support was capable and courteous but rarely used.

Comments:

Review by SYNERGY See Profile

• Location: Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "RELIABLE - FAST - AND CHEAPER THAN COMPETITION"
Bad "Mishap with install date. Was 1 week later than planned"
Overall "Its a no brainer. Faster and Cheaper. It just makes sense. "

On behalf of CJ124 & CJ129. Im 4 months into the service and I have to say Im extremely happy with the service.

Electronic Box hosts DSL and CABLE. I always was a DSL person but when I saw the Cable rates I was floored. I jumped from bells DSL (10mb down) (1 mbit upload) to Electronic Box Cable (20 mbit download) (10 mb upload) and what a difference that made, besides SAVING 15% per month I DOUBLE MY DOWNLOAD SPEED PLUS MY UPLOADS ARE NOW 10 TIMES FASTER!!! LET ME TELL YOU WHY YOU WANT FASTER UPLOADS!!! If you SKYPE VIDEO CONFERENCING ITS AMAZING because the uploads are faster people see your camera CRISP AND CLEAR. Its not degraded because the uploads are slow. Other than that i've never experienced any slowdowns with my cable. Its always pumping top speeds up and down on DSL SPEED TESTS.

Besides that what can i say. FASTER INTERNET & CHEAPER? Why wouldn't you want that? After 1 month I signed my parents up too and THEY ARE VERY HAPPY to be spending ALOT LESS than they used to! They are saving 35% on their monthly costs with the same speeds!

Comments:

Review by joanna ng See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "STAFF ON THE PHONE ARE VERY HELPFUL."

Generally I am not a frequent user of internet at home and am happy as long as the price does not sky rocket up and high.

both the sales and tech support staff are very helpful.

the bell staff is not helpful because they say that I am not their customer, when I have a modem problem.

Comments:

Review by DeafMute See Profile

• Location: Lasalle,QC
Good "Internet service is perfect.Customer service is great. Phone system tells you your position in queue."
Bad "IVR is complicated options are always odd numbers, never 1 or 2 or 9, wait times can be long even off peak hours (20 minutes at "
Overall "Great service, wait times for support is long but agents are helpful."

Ordered 30mbit (switch from videotron) was completed in 4 days. No hassles I picked up modem at office. Speed is perfect, the only downtime I've had was because the snow plows tore the cable. Was back up in 2 hours. I only wish that the modem had gigabit link to my router (not essential I guess) and ipv6 would be nice. I now have to use a tunnel.

Comments:

Review by IamAlone See Profile

• Location: Saint-Hubert,QC
Good "Great solide connection, friendly canadian staff, great prices"
Bad "wait times on the phone can sometimes be a bit long"
Overall "great isp, with an even greater price tag."

So here's the no brainer I switched to ebox a little while ago. And have been very pleased with my move. For about 20$ less a month I get the same speed with double the data from my previous cable provider... Why have I not made this switch earlier???

There staff is super friendly and take all the time needed to answer all of your questions even if it takes 45 minutes for a single call. (I had many questions hehe)

Speed has been as advertised and really stable evening in peak usage.

My only concern is the wait times when you call them they can be a bit high at times but for the money there saving my I can honestly wait a few extra minutes on the phone and not complain about it.

Bottom line is if your looking to save money while ditching the bigger ISP's like BELL AND VIDEOTRON electronic box is the way the to go.

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To Iamalone

Good day,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your experience with our company. We apologize for the occasional waiting delay and we are working on making it as short as possible. If you have any inquiries or modifications you wish to make, you can always email us at: sales@electronicbox.net.
Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Review by BeterDeals See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Great Service - Great Price - No Restrictions on Sharing - Huge Unlimited Window - etc..."
Bad "Equipment Marked Up More Than I'd Like - Charge for Using Own Equipment"
Overall "Why bother with the Big ISPs when you have ElectronicBox"

I have had service from ElectronicBox for a month and I am very happy. Please comment or ask questions on this post as I will check it now and then to answer.

While Rogers service works fine, it's much less competitive than ElectronicBox without doubt. ElectronicBox does not have a fancy portal like Rogers but I don't care since ElectronicBox does provide usage details for my account online. I'd rather save than pay for the fancy website. ElectronicBox customer service over the phone is excellent and this is the main way you will probably communicate with them. Though they are Quebec based they speak English very, very well. They serve Ontario just as well as Quebec so don't worry. You may get the odd French graphics here and there on their website but it's not a problem and gives me a few chuckles.

Previous:
25 Mb Down
2 Mb Up
80 GB/Month
$2/GB Overage
Had to pay to break contract (Stinks!)
$4.57 Late Payment Fee

New:
ElectronicBox FTTN Extreme 25
No Contract
$45.95/Month
$5/Month Static IP
$120 One Time Payment for Equipment (Sagemcom 2864)
$0 Activation Fee - Special Offer
25 Mb Down
10 Mb Up
250 GB/Month from 2 PM to 2 AM
Unlimited from 2 AM to 2 PM!
$0.50/GB Overage (Like I'm Ever Going to Need It)
Best Terms of Service

I always read the Terms of Service. These guys have the best one I've ever seen. It says NOTHING about sharing your service or even reselling it! So I am under the impression that I can if I want which to me sounds fair. Every other ISP has strict policies on this. In fact ElectronicBox Terms of Service are the least restrictive I've ever seen and I looked at TekSavvy as well since they are it's best competitor.

I chose ElectronicBox over TekSavvy for this reason and others including pricing. ElectronicBox has unlimited usage between 2 AM and 2 PM which no one else has that I know. Great for backups and large file transfers both up and down and it's available when i am actually at my computer. TekSavvy has it only from 2 AM to 8 AM which is still sufficient for overnight stuff. Uploading speed is about as valuable to me as download speed just due to my needs and there is no competition there. ElectronicBox wins.

The only thing I recommend is that you purchase the Sagemcom 2864 yourself if you are not afraid of a fairly simple setup procedure and find it for less than $80. I see it from someone on Kijiji for $65. You will have to pay $20 to use your own equipment to ElectronicBox but you will save on shipping. So it kind of evens out. I wish I could provide screen shots here to show you how simple the admin functions are.

Installation was pretty smooth. I got mine installed the following week from the day I ordered service. My installation window was from Noon to 10 PM but it was done by around 7 PM. Two visits. Someone from Bell who installed it to the house. Then someone from ElectronicBox (I am guessing an independent contractor) who installed it to the modem and made sure everything worked.

Great Job ElectronicBox! You earned your Gold Star.

Thank you DSLReports for This Great Service - I must make a donation.

member for 64 days, 8 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
iamhere

join:2013-01-26
canada

Avoid the Sagemcom

Do not buy the Sagemcom modem from Ebox, for the same price you can now buy the SmartRG which is FAR FAR FAR superior (yes, I purchased both from Ebox).
BeterDeals

join:2014-02-13
·ELECTRONICBOX

Re: Avoid the Sagemcom

Thanks iamhere,

Yes. I was completely UNDERwhelmed by the Sagemcom 2864 given it's price tag. It does not give me adequate QoS controls and that's putting it nicely.

Since I already bought the Sagemcom, can you elaborate on the SmartRG for the benefit of others. I would have benefited from info like this but it is too late for me. Maybe a little about what you liked about it. A couple of good links. Whatever you can to make this review better and more complete.

Thanks.
iamhere

join:2013-01-26
canada
·ELECTRONICBOX

Re: Avoid the Sagemcom

The single biggest reason I purchased it was because it offers true bridge mode. The Sagemcom only offers pass-through mode and I was able to get the modem to reboot itself pretty easily under any kind of load (max out download speed and fire up a single torrent - kaboom).

I plugged in the SmartRG, took about 3 minutes to set it up and then replaced the Sagemcom with it in my home network. It has not lost connection since then - about 7 days ago. I didn't even have to reboot my Asus running Tomato Shibby. Try as I might, I have not been able to get it to drop the connection.

For those wanting to use it as a router too, it's a solid with more configuration options than most home user can use.

My only gripe is that Ebox doesn't supply any info with the modem (not a huge deal to me personally) and they change the default admin password to their own. This info should be supplied in the box when it is delivered (this is / was a bigger deal).

Review by Tenshi See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Consistent speeds, great reliability"
Bad "Nothing... "
Overall "Friendly staff, great connection, all for less than Videotron/Rogers/Bell"

·TekSavvy Cable
·gemstelecom
This is not your run of the mill review... it's actually for 3 different service! In reverse chronological order

* Cable (through Rogers) - since 2014-02

Decided to give it a try, and was pleasantly surprised. Heard bad things about Rogers congestion in Ottawa (East) so was curious how ElectronicBox would deliver... and they do perfectly.

Can't talk much about setup since I never had Rogers service before. Tech came, checked levels, and everything checked out so was online in no time.

Speedtests are constantly reporting the good speed, and ran MTR (geekyier version of traceroute) during peak hours and did not find any major slowdowns at all...

$65 for 1Tb on a 45/4... Highly recommended

* FTTN (Bell) since 2013-11

Also for my main account, hooked up a 25/10 FTTN connection. Never experienced any issues, and speeds are constantly fast... on top, although capped, you have a very generous uncapped period to schedule all my updates, console downloads and update, and remote off-site backup service.

* Cable (Vidéotron) since 2013-02

Nothing much to write except to say this is the company I chose to get my parents online.

Setup is a breeze, tech verified everything... the only difference between Videotron and ElectronicBox is now I'm paying less for more... and parents are happy!

member for 11.4 years, 1811 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To Tenshi

Thank you very much for positive feedback. We are happy to of met your expectations and we appreciate your comments.
Have a nice day.