ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by Cyber See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
Good "Vitesse constante, peu importe l'heure. Réseau fiable et de qualité. Les prix abordables."

Very happy customer!

Client depuis plus de cinq ans. Je suis actuellement sur le forfait câble 60mbits/10mbits.

La connexion est très stable et il n'y a jamais eu de ralentissement.

Je ne trouve aucun commentaire négatif à formuler contre cette compagnie.

En vous abonnant avec ElectronicBox, vous vous libérez des lettres d'augmentations annuelles de Bell et Vidéotron ainsi que du département de la rétention qui vous harcèle sans limites pour vous faire une offre diabolique pour ne pas vous perdre.

Je recommande cette compagnie à 2000%.

member for 1.1 years, 61 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

EboxSteven
Ebox Supervisor
join:2014-08-21

Merci de votre avis!

Nous sommes vraiment fiers de voir que nos efforts pour plaire à la clientèle ne sont pas en vain! Il est très important pour nous de tendre l'oreille à tout commentaire que pourrait faire un client, c'est pourquoi nous nous démarquons de la compétition et nous nous battons constamment pour offrir le meilleur des deux monde en terme de service!

Milles fois merci!

Steven F-A.

Review by Rotnam See Profile

Good "Speed as avertised"
Bad "Month pre-paid, 2 months to upgrade package."
Overall "Bad customer experience"

I went for EBOX as they are a local provider (used to be with Tekksavvy DSL, never had any issues but they cable package was not fitting me). Got 250G 30/10 the first month to realize this was not enough, called in June to get a package upgrade. I didn't understood that they apply the package for august when he mentionned it. For me I call in June to get it in July, got a 150$ extra invoice. So anyone considering going with them, if you want to change your package, plan 2 month ahead. They took my money (took me like 25$ off) and told me to move along.

Comments:
nster

join:2013-12-15
H2M

Not 2 months.... ~25 days

It's not 2 months, they ask for a ~25 day notice. It is normal to not change the plan you are in in the middle of your month, otherwise the whole concept of data blocks wouldn't make as much sense

Please also note there is a tool on their website that allows you to check your consumption, you can also see what plan you are on.

Unfortunately it seems you did not do your due diligence, didn't listen properly when they explained that it wasn't going to be in effect next month as there was not proper notice, you didn't bother to check your consumption during the month or check on what plan you were on etc
Rotnam

join:2014-08-20

Re: Not 2 months.... ~25 days

They could have offered to put 4x75GB to reduce the price to 20-30$, 250G on their global usage is nothing for them. It's not normal to take so long to change a package 25 days ? Really you are supposed to know that long in advance that you will use more internet. Im a new customer and they already overcharged me 150$. Welcome welcome ! Which also mean they change 100$ more than Tekksavvy & Dsitributel that cap it at 50$ and Acanac is unlimited. Also their customer services took forever, I had to wait 2 day for a call back to tell me he will check the issue and took another 3 days. I can only assume they are under staffed or have many complains. I sure wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I also suppose you either work for them or have benefit from them, since you are doing group buy and promoting sales.
nster

join:2013-12-15
H2M

Re: Not 2 months.... ~25 days

indeed, I do help organize group buys, however, I did this because I like the company and how they work. They are not that flexible when you go over, however, they never promised it either. You could have checked your usage the last day of the month and added those blocks. You did not do this. It is advertised that it is a plan without any maximum.

I understand it is frustrating for you, and that you are used to overage caps and the ability to call in to get your overages reduced significantly, however this is not required by the company, nor was this advertised as such. With ElectronicBox, what you see is what you get. It can be frustrating, but it is an honest policy, well worth recommending

Essentially though, when you look at it, you are mad that they didn't do you a big enough favor...

I hope that after this initial hiccup, everything goes smoothly from here on out for you

All the best

Review by Exiled See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Price, speed, reliability, caps, latency"
Bad "Dependency on cable provider's on-site technical assistance"
Overall "Hands down, best ISP available in the Montreal area at an affordable price"

Comments:

Review by Robleh See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "Awesome price/cap!!"

·TekSavvy Cable
Everything went smoothly, getting advertised speeds. Overall very pleased with the whole turn out, fair pricing, good usage cap .

»www.speedtest.net/result/3585616128.png

Comments:

Review by Hyrules See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Excellente vitesse et beaucoup de bande passante !"
Bad "none"
Overall "Recommandé a 200% !"

·Videotron
·FreePhoneLine
Amplement de bande passante et la rapidité et la stabilité.

Excellente vitesse et excellent service ! Quoi dire de plus que optez pour Ebox !

UPDATE : après 2 ans et + de services avec electronic box je ne peux toujours pas trouver de points négatifs. Le services est toujours rapide et stable. Les employés sont transparents et ouvert au suggestion des clients et ont peut même discuter avec eux sur ce forum. Le service à la clientèle réponds dans un délai raisonnable souvent rapidement.

member for 8.2 years, 1553 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Heatherocks See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Install was great and it is so much better than our previous bell internet"
Bad "Nothing"

We are receiving the 500mb per month package DSL for $48/month. Our speed is 15 mb per second. We are an average family 'cutting the cord' with television and major telecom internet. So far, ebox has surpassed our expectations. We can easily stream from 3 devices and still play on phones/tablets all accessing the same internet at the same time! All of this was impossible with our bell 2 wire modem. I signed onto this site to add my 2 cents for this small but growing company. I believe they will receive many new customers in the GTA area once I spread the good word.

Comments:

Review by Plotinus See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Product, service, price, attitude"
Bad "Nothing really"
Overall "Excellent"

Just completed three years. Basic cable Internet plus phone (voice message box, call display). Excellent product, service, price, and attitude. Left Bell after decades because all three of these had become poorer and poorer over the last 15 years. Initial instalation delays were caused by Videotron, their supllier in my neighborhood.

Cost: $48.90 plus tax (Quebec) = $56.23 (August, 2014)

There was a $3.00 increase a couple of months ago (after nearly three years). Unlike Bell, I was informed of this increase two months in advance.

Of interest to some: immediate, friendly service in English. I live in Parc Extension, Montreal.

Comments:
iamhere

join:2013-01-26
canada

No ratings?

Based on your review, you like them but you didn't assign any ratings... perhaps you should do that?

Review by draknar See Profile

• Location: Marieville,QC
Good "Deux ans et toujours heureux"

Depuis deux ans que je suis avec Electronic Box et je suis totalement satisfait du service.

J'étais sur le TGV20, maintenant sur le TGV15.

Me coûte moins cher et maintenant on peut ajouter des blocs de consommation comme on veut.

member for 6 years, 2310 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by seb937 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Reliable, Responsive"
Bad "Speed fluctuation (very rare tho)"
Overall "Great Provider for the money"

Hey,

I've been with Electronic Box for roughly 2 years now and so far so good (knock on wood)!
I subscribed to 30Mbps/2Mbps with 250GB for 49.95 (+tx) per month. I've been upgrade twice (30/3 then 30/10) and the price went up to 52.95.
I also referred 3 friends and the bill went down 3$ a month!

I'm speedtesting from time to time and so far, I've never seen under 29Mbps, which is really not bad according to me.

Bottom line, EB is a strong provider that give good service at a good price!

Cheers,
Sebastien

Comments:

Review by faz007 See Profile

• Location: East York,ON
Good "Installed on time, ISP and customer service were great, Best rate "
Bad "15 to 30 Business days before install"
Overall "Satisfied"

What package did you order, at what advertised monthly price?

I got the group by for the promotion package 30/5 cable for $27

How was the order & install process?

I had requested Disconnection date on June 16 with Start for around June 30. EBox could not install on that date and asked me to push the disconnection date. Back and forth on call with Start, I was able to push the date but since Start do not do pro-rated payment I decided to stay with them for one more month. Requested d/c date of July 30th and informed EBox. Still had Start on 30th. 31st I had a downtime of around 7-8 hours since I woke up. I was at work so didnt affect that much. Was online around 5pm. Modem log showed around 3pm modem was reset so maybe that was for the new ISP. Had to factory reset my Apple Time Capsule since wifi wasn't working. Bottom line it went very smooth and nothing like the horror stories other people had with install. I wold like to thank both ISP's Start and Ebox.

What brand/model was the supplied equipment?

Had my own DCM475 router from Start

What good or bad experiences most struck you?

Had a very pleasant experience so far. I have seen lot of negativity about EBox and their install fiasco. So just wanted to share something positive