ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by tanikia See Profile

• Location: Deux-Montagnes,QC
Good "The price"
Bad "the time I waited on the phone (1h30!) to talk with seomeone of the customer service department."
Overall "Well I try not to have to call your service line...but the price is excellent."

Currently I am using you Internet cable connection (High speed at 31,95 + tx). The install process lasted 2 weeks from the moment I call and the installation which for me was a little long. I decided to purchase the modem on my own because you shipping price is too high and since I live on the North shore (St-Eustache), your pickup office was definitely too far for me and by buying it myself (Motorola SB5101N ), I have saved a lot of money!.

As mentioned above, you would need to improve your customer service for future consumers who calls in order to have information. Because I have called several times in order to ask some questions and every time I've waited at least 30 min and the max was (1h30). The person to whom I talk actually excuse himself in the behalf of your company for the waiting time.

Plus, I think we should be able to pay you by check or directly from my bank account. I don't like to give away my credit card number with all the fraudulent activities going on now days and I am not the only one. This is one of the main reason that I hesitated before doing business with your company.

Your should also increase the clarity of your invoice.

Comments:

ghost_face

@electronicbox.net

you can pay via online banking

Hello after reading your review and being a customer of theres for over a year now I would like to point a few things to you. First of all you can make online banking with them as they are registered with almost every bank in canada, the only thing is they require for the first 6 months of your service to be on a preauthorized plan after these six months you can remove yourself from this no questions asked on there end. As for the wait times this is a bit normal in order to keep the lowest prices availlable they cannot hire as many agents as Bell or Videotron could and there for cannot give the same time limits as you get from a bigger isp. Give them a few months and you will be glad you have changed to them you will have saved lots of money in the long run.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
join:2002-02-21

Re: you can pay via online banking

Thanks for your feedback. Actually we adressed the wait time drastically for customer service and pre-sales over the past 2 months. We literally doubled our staff and hired an HR specialist to make sure we have enough staff at all time.

Average wait time for the month of march was less than 2 minutes.

We're still working on the support department. It's a little longer to train staff there and make sure they understand what they do.
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

Review by neyp See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "A bit better than advertised speeds, stable"
Bad "Nothing so far"

Never had to call: ordered via the site and asked some questions via email. Great customer service, no copy-paste replies. Picked up the cable modem at their office.
PN23

Comments:

Review by ammdas See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "friendly support, competitive price, great download limits, no fee for dry-loop, ability to check current download usage"
Bad "long waits to connect to an agent, monthly billing is charged 2-3 weeks early"
Overall "good provider with good rates and speeds"

I did a comparison of the various DSL internet providers in my area and ElectronicBox came out on top.

I required a dry-loop install, high download speeds, good reviews from existing customers, stability (company has been around for a while) and a high download limit and ElectronicBox was among the top for almost all categories. The deciding factor was that there was no monthly dry-loop fee, unlike other providers.

On the downside, installation charges are a little high, especially if you have your own modem. Also, billing is charged early (sometimes 3 weeks), even though the regular monthly billing cycle starts on the first of every month.

It took 10 days to get an install (mainly due to having to wait until the end of my billing cycle for my previous internet provider) but installation was quick and easy.

Configuring my own ADSL modem (Thompson Speedtouch) was relatively painless, thanks due instructions on EB's website.

I've only been with EB for a couple of months but overall, the experience has been quite satisfactory. Trying to speak to an agent can be a lengthy process (sometimes wiating for close to an hour) but when I do connect the support is always friendly and helpful.

Comments:

Review by martoliv See Profile

• Location: Levis,QC
Good "Simple, efficace"
Overall "Que du bon."

Commandé le service par Internet puis 2 semaine plus tard, le technicien de Videotron passait pour l'installation.
Reponse tres rapide par courriel a  mes questions.
Facturation simple.
Vitesse constante: Cable 10/1 pour 32$/mois
Je regrette de ne pas avoir quitté Bell avant!
olivier.martelb @ gmail.com

Comments:

Review by tkaravou See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "High speed, low price, great download ca, no throttling. no contract"
Bad "Moving fee is higher than new installation. One time fee to use your own modem."
Overall "Best bang for your buck"

I switched from Acanac's DSL to Electronic Box's Cable in February. It took about 10 days until I was up and running but I specifically asked for a later install date as I waited for my other service to run out. I bought my own Motorola cable modem from Amazon and they had no issued with letting me use it (though I was charged a one time fee of $15 I believe).

So far, the service is excellent. They promised me 20Mbps and I get 20Mbps on speedtest.net. They also upgraded my upload speed dramatically without me asking from 2Mbs to 10Mbps with no charge. I was skeptical going from unlimited download to 150Gb since I download a lot of movies and I'm on Netflix all the time but I don't ever come close to the limit. Also, you can easily change your plan to allow for higher speeds or higher download caps which is amazing. If you're about to reach your limit for the month, just order more and voila.

As far as speed goes. I can stream Netflix in HD with no issues and torrents download at 2.2MB even at 8PM. I can even watch Netflix on two tvs while downloading torrents and still no issues.

The installation wasn't anything to brag about (a machine calls you and you can't respond) but it took under an hour and that's only because Videotron does their installation, not Electronic Box's fault.

In the end, I'm paying less than what I was with Acanac, I'm getting 4X the speed and my service never goes down. I also like that I'm not under contract.

My only gripe, I'll be moving in October and they're going to charge me more than my installation fee. C'est la vie.

Comments:

Review by moxious See Profile

Good "Great value speed and data plans"
Bad "Initial fees: activation + modem & shipping"
Overall "Initial fees are a drag but will save money in the long run"

Joined ElectronicBox because they offer data plans that major ISPs simply can't match. Initial fees are a drag but will eventually save money in the long run for a faster service with better data usage. Customer service was great.

• Location: Montreal,QC

ElectronicBox fournit un bon service. Je suis abonné depuis quelques mois et j'en suis satisfait. Pas de couts cachés, pas d'arnaques comme avec Bell. Je paye moins cher qu'avec Bell ou Videotron, pour une vitesse et une capacité beaucoup plus importante. Je recommande !!

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Jetskier2009

@electronicbox.net

My experience with ElectronicBox

Today is March 28th, I ordered a 6M dsl package with 100gb bandwidth on Feb 7th... upgraded to 250gb. starting April. Previously, I'm connected to a dsl provider in Toronto that sells yearly dsl package of 6M/unlimited download for $450 per year contract including tax. After completing my contract, I switch to Ebox. Because I thought my previous dsl provider has given me a poor service (and cannot cancel my contact without getting penalty). And by switching to another isp provider I can compare the difference in service. In my experience, both providers have similar bottleneck problem when the clock hits 5pm till 12 pm...symptoms like frequent disconnection and lower down speed when connection resumes. My modems are TP-link 300Mhz wireless N (with Broadcom chip), TrendNet 150 Mhz wireless N (not Broadcom) and old wired D-link (not Broadcom) all my dsl modems are functional and my TP-link is less that 12 months old. Therefore, I believe that my connection problem during peak times is not originating from my house telephone line nor filter, because my telephone has 3 filters in tandem...and my home phone demarc is untouched and metal covered in the basement wall. Last year, the Techsupport of my Toronto provider is always blaming my modem and my house wiring for the frequent disconnection issues during peak time (students are home)....And here at Ebox, he acknowledged that it was on the Bells line, but warned me of possible $99 fee if I open up a trouble ticket and if Bells tech says its not their problem and their system is just fine. It doesn't seems right, Bell can just easily say that their system is working fine even its not and still hand me the bill to pay....so I guess, I have no other better choice but to cancel my service from Ebox and go back to the Toronto ISP (same headache but cheaper pill). I will just finish this April service because it is paid in advance already, and do not see any improvement in download speed and I was going to pay some extra bandwidth penalty ($.50 per gb) because I went over my 100gb limit I guess, due to frequent re-downloading of disconnected movie downloads from youtube and similar movie sites. So in my opinion, the possible solution for frequent disconnection issue is to buy a bigger Bandwidth limit or unlimited bandwidth....or expensive DSL technology....or maybe the dsl provider can do something to make the customer happy?

Review by voltaic See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "Value for money"
Bad "Anxiety of having an internet outage"
Overall "Everything went smooth as a baby's bum"

Pre-Sales info: Switched from Videotron to Eletronicbox. Their site had all the information I need along with the reviews on DSLReports.

Install co-ordination: The technician came when he was supposed to and did what he needed to do and left (about an hour to verify all cables from pole to house). I left my new cable modem connected the whole night and it still wasn't syncing so I called Videotron and Eletronicbox just to be sure things were in order their end. Turns out my new cable modem was not yet activated on their system, but Eletronicbox technical support was great and made sure that everything was working (connected and speed test) before he let me go.

Connection reliability: Never had a problem with Videotron so I don't expect any problem with Eletronicbox. So far so good...

Tech Support: Only needed it once during the install and it was a great experience.

Services: What can I say...

Value for money: Again, what can I say... why pay more for less?

Comments:

Review by SL39 See Profile

Good "price"
Bad "it took long to get the installation date"
Overall "go for it!"

ebox has a good service for the price. i choose highspeed cable for 31.95$ with 100GB a month. i switched from videotron because they raised their price again without letting me know. however, i saw their email went to my spam folder. why was the invoice notification never in my spam folder??

so far i can totally recommend electronic box. it works! that is all what i wanted. speed is alright as well.

i ordered by phone, which was a little confusing, i was promised to get a installation date in about a week. finally it took almost 4 weeks until i got the date confirmed. i have to say, that it took to so long for a successful installtion, because i was 2.5 weeks on vacation. i got a modem used trough kijiji and saved about $50.

Comments:

Review by fanou See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu,QC
Good "Bon service Moins cher que Vidéotron"
Bad "Investissement initial élevé"
Overall "Recommandé"

J'ai changé pour Electronicbox car mon contrat avec Vidéotron était terminé. Ils m'ont dit que le service n'était pas aussi bon quand je leur ai dit que je changeait pour Ebox. À date, tout va bien et ça me coute moins cher que Vidéotron pour le même service. Je n'ai pas pris le service téléphonique car il n'est pas compatibles avec les alarmes sinon, je l'aurai pris. Au début l'investissement est élevé mais ça va être repayé dans moins qu'un an.

Compte: PL28