ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by bud21ca See Profile

Good "Great ISP."

Electronicbox is great. Only took 5 days to get DSL installed. Everything went without any problems. Highly recommend.

member for 2 years, 30 visits, last login: 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by ck01 See Profile

Good "Good service. Speed as advertised (20/10). Good ping. Great communication."
Bad "Installation fees a bit high if tech has nothing to do.. But Videotron charges them for it so..."
Overall "So far so good."

So far so good.

Tech came in and had nothing to do as I was coming from Videotron. Service was up real fast, and speed is as advertised (20/10).

NOW...

I went with Ebox because of the great reviews, and also with the hope that they truly deliver on the 2am-2pm unlimited window. I hope that "eboxdiskace" (Ebox rep. or CEO) would not have talked about it if they didn't really have the intention of introducing it SOON. We'll see... If not, Teksavvy won't be far in my thoughts...

Aside of the promise, there is no ETA and they don't seem to want to talk too much about it....

I will update this review when they have introduced the unlimited window!

Comments:

Review by murraysontour

• Location: H9S5T
Good "Service, value, reliability"
Overall "Great service and support for medium to high users"

We moved from Videotron to Electronic Box a year ago, as the cap on Videotron was only 50GB and expensive to go over. The service from electronic box was excellent, the value very good, the only issue at the beginning was a splitter required for the landline. Well worthwhile for us to move as we now only stream from the Internet and dropped TV altogether.

With lower prices, higher speed and excellent service I would highly recommend them. (The service at Videotron was also good we found ).

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by markf See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Reliable, affordable connection, good tech support"
Bad "Installation headaches"
Overall "Good reliable ISP, however be prepared for an installation nightmare"

·WIND Mobile
·Execulink Telecom
I have two 25/10 DSL dryloop accounts with Electronic Box. The first account was active about 6 weeks ago at a rental address, the second has been active for just a week at my home.

My tenants were having reliability issues and slow downs with the previous ISP,. Ebox had great rates, no dry loop fee, so I ordered the service. The 12:30 - 9 pm install window was a juggling act, but we arranged it and the techs both came and went. The service wasn't up to speed when the tech left and by the next morning there was no internet at all (the previous dry loop was active until the next day). After talking to tech support we were able to determine that Bell had switched the pairs (the pair with live Internet was the pair that was not hooked up at the POTS splitter). Because the inside wiring was all over the place, I just switched the wiring at the demarc (not a fun task in the middle of February when the demarc is close to the roof line of a bungalow). Got the service working so I didn't have to schedule another day of waiting for a tech to show up.

The service is now reliable with no issues, so overall I was satisfied. I ordered an account for my house because I was happy with things.

For my home installation, the Bell tech arrived early, did their thing outside and the service was up and active before the Telecon tech even arrived. I was getting 25/7, but figured the next tech would get me up to full speed. She arrived after 8 pm, did some minor work on the wiring, but never even tested speeds. I mentioned that I was only getting 25/7 and she said that's probably the max you'll get, have a good night.

I wasn't so sure about this, so a couple of days later I checked at the demarc. At the demarc I was up to 25/9.5. I called into tech support and they said with the installation warranty, I should get the same speed in the house as at the demarc, so they scheduled a tech to come in.

I was home all day for the tech, yet no one showed up. They called my cell phone at 8:34 pm then at 8:56 pm, yet no one knocked on my door. I escalated the situation to upper management at Ebox, yet when tech support called all they could offer me was another 1 - 9 pm window despite the incompetence of their techs (I know third party, but they hire them. In this case Bell did their job right the first time).

So overall for two accounts, I would have had to take 5 half days off work to get two internet accounts working. If I was working at this time I would consider that completely unacceptable.

I have found Ebox to be a good company to deal with for the most part, however the installation process is a mess. The internet has been reliable (even though the upload is slower than it should be). The unlimited windows are excellent (2 am - 2 pm).

I would hope that they can improve the install process. Once is excusable, twice is the beginning of a pattern. I hope they are successful, however if I were to have to deal with this again, I would probably be done with them.

• Location: Quebec,QC

Ce sondage devrait être offert en français! Le service en français, par téléphone, est très bon, mais le site Internet et les courriels envoyés sont souvent écrits dans un français assez boîteux. C'est un aspect à améliorer!

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "great provider with a very good customer"
Bad "none"
Overall "Would definitely recommend to friends"

A great provider with a very good customer service that completely meets our expectations. Would definitely recommend to friends/others

(review was emailed in)

Comments:

Review by rageon See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Fast + Cheap"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Fast + Cheap"

Ordered cable service at 20 Mbs for 39.95 + tax, 150 GB download. Great price for the speed. Bought a Thomson Docsis 3.0 cable modem through them as well, decent price at $100 + $15 shipping, arrived in 2-3 days. $50 for the cable installation which was able to be done on a Saturday. Videotron handles the installation and sends a voice message to let you know when the technician will be there which is nice. All in all the upfront costs for the installation and modem will pay for themselves over time compared to the price offered by other companies (i.e Bell). Very satisfied with the service.

Comments:

Review by TommyNTNguye See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Overall "Quelques problèmes de connexion mais dans l'ensemble, je suis satisfait."

Speed Extreme 30 - 250GB

Comments:

Review by tanikia See Profile

• Location: Deux-Montagnes,QC
Good "The price"
Bad "the time I waited on the phone (1h30!) to talk with seomeone of the customer service department."
Overall "Well I try not to have to call your service line...but the price is excellent."

Currently I am using you Internet cable connection (High speed at 31,95 + tx). The install process lasted 2 weeks from the moment I call and the installation which for me was a little long. I decided to purchase the modem on my own because you shipping price is too high and since I live on the North shore (St-Eustache), your pickup office was definitely too far for me and by buying it myself (Motorola SB5101N ), I have saved a lot of money!.

As mentioned above, you would need to improve your customer service for future consumers who calls in order to have information. Because I have called several times in order to ask some questions and every time I've waited at least 30 min and the max was (1h30). The person to whom I talk actually excuse himself in the behalf of your company for the waiting time.

Plus, I think we should be able to pay you by check or directly from my bank account. I don't like to give away my credit card number with all the fraudulent activities going on now days and I am not the only one. This is one of the main reason that I hesitated before doing business with your company.

Your should also increase the clarity of your invoice.

Comments:

ghost_face

@electronicbox.net

you can pay via online banking

Hello after reading your review and being a customer of theres for over a year now I would like to point a few things to you. First of all you can make online banking with them as they are registered with almost every bank in canada, the only thing is they require for the first 6 months of your service to be on a preauthorized plan after these six months you can remove yourself from this no questions asked on there end. As for the wait times this is a bit normal in order to keep the lowest prices availlable they cannot hire as many agents as Bell or Videotron could and there for cannot give the same time limits as you get from a bigger isp. Give them a few months and you will be glad you have changed to them you will have saved lots of money in the long run.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
join:2002-02-21

Re: you can pay via online banking

Thanks for your feedback. Actually we adressed the wait time drastically for customer service and pre-sales over the past 2 months. We literally doubled our staff and hired an HR specialist to make sure we have enough staff at all time.

Average wait time for the month of march was less than 2 minutes.

We're still working on the support department. It's a little longer to train staff there and make sure they understand what they do.
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

Review by neyp See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "A bit better than advertised speeds, stable"
Bad "Nothing so far"

Never had to call: ordered via the site and asked some questions via email. Great customer service, no copy-paste replies. Picked up the cable modem at their office.
PN23