ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by poc See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Fast and reliable connection + good price"
Bad "Initial investment (modem + installation)"
Overall "Let's hope it continues like this."

Only 2 months with Electronic box, but so far, I'm very happy with it.
I have cable 20mb and bandwidth/ping are really good.
Price is also interesting, although the initial cost (modem + installation) is expensive.
I won't talk about tech support as I didn't have to deal with them yet.
Very happy with it so far.
I hope it'll continue this way

Comments:

Review by Hlr See Profile

• Location: Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "Ok value for bandwidth/month"
Bad "Useless customer service"
Overall "EB:A legal ticket scalpel selling for less but unable to help with anything that goes wrong."

CABLE: Gotta buy it from them or their competitors. Can't use modems from other regions such as ON, according to Sales.

INSTALLATION DATE: Be careful. Not all sales employees are honest about the dates.
They go through videotron for installation so:
1.Takes 5-10 days for them to email VT and get a response with the date.
2.Takes 5-14 days for the tech guy to come over.
3.Can take up to 3 hours for the net to activate after installation. So if anything goes wrong..go back to step number 1..

I had a minor note about the address to add. Called EB, they said you have to re-schedule the date since they can not convey that minor bit of info to the installation guy..manager was unavailable and they did not offer to call back. Called videotron: They were happy to convey the message but as soon as the guy on the phone realized I was with EB, he immediately changed his tone and said he can't. You are treated as a 2nd rate customer with VT, basically.
I had to wait near the entrance of the main building.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Polite but all the rainbows and unicorns on the world won't get your internet up and running. They are basically PARALYZED and have to go through videotron with a period ranging from 7-21 days in order to get anything physical done.

SUMMARY: EB -and Teksavvy- are legal ticket scalpers selling for less. Anything physical involving your service at your residence takes an unacceptable amount of time to address. The value is ok for the bandwidth but if you are unlucky along the way -see steps 1-3 - you are screwed big time.
I hope they can work around the videotron and roger monopoly over the cable service.

Comments:

Review by imd1000 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "not bad as ISP"

so far no big problems but sometime I lose the connection for few sec.
at all the customer service is good but the waiting time is bite long 1/2hour average.
the speed connection is as expected

HI9

Comments:

Review by kyotepac See Profile

Good "Great speeds and download caps"
Bad "Videdotron installers"
Overall "Can't beat great pricing !"

Electronicbox provided me with great service for a great price.
I pick up the 20mbps 250gb package that blew away my 5mbps unlimited from my other provider.

Install was a bit of a pain as I had to have 2 Videotron installer come by as the first one refused to complete the installation due to a tree near the installing lines.

Besides that cant complain about the service.

I will be letting all my friends and family know who's got the best price for the service.

Thanks Jay

Comments:

Review by dcloutie See Profile

• Location: Victoriaville,QC

All is good.

Comments:

Review by xboss See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Bon prix , bonne vitesse , stable."
Bad "Pour l'instant aucun."

Depuis des années j'étais avec Vidéotron. J'ai donc décidé de changer pour ElectronicBox après avoir lu de bons commentaires un peu partout sur le net et dans des forums. Les prix sont très compétitifs , plusieurs forfaits disponibles se qui rend le choix encore plus intéressant et la possibilité de rester sur le câble pour accéder à internet. Pour finir , pourquoi payer plus cher pour avoir moins quand on peut payer moins cher pour avoir plus avec ElectronicBox.

Compte : FM47

member for 10.4 years, 410 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by spikexp0 See Profile

• Location: Mirabel,QC
Good "Price, support, GB"
Overall "Not as great of a ping as videotron"

I had videotron tgv30 before, the price was horrendous and the GB of download wasn't great.
Took some time before the install, but that was my error, the videotron account was at the name of my mother and the electronicbox is at my name (videotron got a problem with that).

I'm also using voip.ms as home phone now.
Cost me 48$ for both now.

Best spending I did this year.
Now, just need to scrap the TV (78$ each month...) with videotron.

Comments:

Review by Sukunai See Profile

• Location: Lindsay,ON
Good "Connection seems stable"
Bad "Do I actually have to have a bad?"
Overall "They are competitive or I wouldn't be here"

I choose eBox because my very capable, very savvy, very informed, hard to please, expert computer counsel told me he was choosing them.

First rule of computers and the internet, you listen to the guy that sees to it your computer is running properly. 2nd rule of computers, anything good enough for your expert, is good enough for you.

Install went fine, the tech eBox sent seemed a bit under skilled in comparison to the tech from Bell that did follow up on the processes I needed done (dry loop install). The wiring was not up to the challenge of the dry loop, and the Bell tech ended up rewiring some of my line inside to make up for it.

There was a bit of confusion in getting my service running smoothly, and eBox on the phone ensured me it was all warrantied for a short bit to cover against any difficulties. Tech help was friendly and helpful.

Granted, my buddy thinks they should have picked up on a couple of issues that cropped up. He saw them for what they were almost instinctively. Which just goes to show, that while it is nice to have good service, it is also vital to have a buddy that knows precisely what is wrong so in order to tell the tech on the phone what needs fixing But that has been the case with all of my providers in the past. They need more people of the calibre of my friend, working in their companies

My time with eBox has been short still though. So I will not make grand statements yet.

Comments:

Review by jolalo See Profile

Good "Price, value, service, speed - prix, valeur, service, vitesse"
Bad "No AIO Cable modem - pas de modem câble tout en un"
Overall "Best bang for the buck - meilleur rapport qualité/prix"

Simple plans. I ordered Speedcable 30 (30mbps cable) because it was the best option in my condo, considering I have no landline. Whichever ISP I would have chosen, the dry loop fees would not have been worth it, as my condo is cable-ready. But Videotron's plans are pricey and too limited. I might not be a super-user, but I take around 60-100Gb of bandwidth every month, therefore I enjoy not having to watch my usage with the base 250Gb E-Box offers. The modem I bought them is OK, not the best quality but not a piece of crap neither, a Thomson Docsis 3.0-compliant. Installation of my cable line was done at the hour range I chose and was seemless. As of today, after months of usage, speed is still very good and the service is perfect for a paper-free adept like me. Can't ask for more. The best advertising a company can do is by doing right products at the right price and that's exactly what they do. Very impressed so far.

Forfaits simples. J'ai commandé SpeedCable 30 (câble 30MBps) parce que c'était la meilleure option dans mon condo, d'autant plus que je n'ai pas de téléphone fixe. Donc peu importe le fournisseur, les frais d'une ligne sèche ne valaient pas la peine par rapport au câble. Mais le câble Vidéotron est abusivement cher pour le peu de bande passante. Je ne suis pas un superutilisateur, mais ma maisonnée consomme grosso modo 60@100Go par mois. J'aime ne pas avoir à vérifier ma consommation avec les 250Go que j'ai avec E-Box. Le modem est correct, un Thomson Docsis 3.0, rien de super qualité, rien de douteux non plus. L'installation s'est faite à l'heure que je voulais, sans anicroches. La vitesse est géniale et le service est parfait pour un adepte du sans-papier comme moi. La meilleure publicité qu'une entreprise puisse faire c'est de donner un bon produit au bon prix, et c'est exactement le cas ici. Peut pas en demander plus. Très satisfait.

Comments:
silbaco
join:2009-08-03
USA

2 edits

Hmm....

26 reviews in 24 hours from which the vast majority are from new users?

If I ran this site, I would strip them of their award and purge this company from the database.
cyberspy66

join:2013-03-22
Pointe-Claire, QC

Re: Hmm....

wrong, i got 3 months ago ... Great service and product..
markf

join:2008-01-24
Burlington, ON
·WIND Mobile
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Execulink Telecom
They are running a contest for new users asking for reviews on this Site. Not sure if it is against the TOS.

They are offering one month free service to one user for reviews by March 29 from new users. Lots of people moving providers with new rates just released by the government in Canada
silbaco
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

said by markf:

I am sure it is against the terms of use. Encouraging good reviews is one thing. Rewarding people for them is another. That breeds dishonesty which greatly reduces the creditability of the reviews on this site and the overall ratings.

As I said, I would purge this company from the database.
NetShark

join:2013-03-23
Toluca, IL

Re: Hmm....

I agree, trading money (credits) for reviews is dishonest.
xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC

Why not

I don't agree. I do not think they ask for good review. They ask for a review it be good or bad.

It bring new user to dslr and make ebox forum have a larger user base.

Review by skip331 See Profile

• Location: Pointe-Des-Cascades,QC
Good "Wow! Savings!!!!!!!!!!"
Bad "Tech support a bit.... well see review..."
Overall "Very very satisfied!"

Have been a client of Bell, Videotron, Colba. Sign in with ElectronicBox is easier than any other... Monthly charge very competitive.

Bad sides: Installation was a bit long as a tech on the other side mistype the serial number of the modem. As most Tech services, they served me the "the problem is from the customer side" but figure out the problem within a reasonable time. They forgot to inform me that the invoicing would be done on credit card for the first 6 month as they don't do any background check.

Good side: The modem is a Thomson DCM475 very very efficient, very simple to install. A bit pricy to purchase through ElectronicBox but trouble free! They use the Videotron connection, the Videotron technician for installation, but don't charge as much as Videotron. For the price of my 10Mb connection, I got a 20Mb connection with twice the d/l allowance than Videotron.

Bottom line: If you like giving too much money to PCP, do it. If you prefer it in your pocket, switch to Electronic Box.