ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by robyjacob See Profile

• Location: Crabtree,QC

cela a pris reelement 10 joursouvrable pour la connection. commander le 9 janvier installé le 21 janvier au debut j avais un peu plus de 20mbs maintenant cela se maintient a ce niveau le soir tard le jour ca descend un peu plus et le ping est entre 25 et 100 ms tout depend de l heure. j ai achete leur modem cable dcm-475 doc sis 3.0(technicollar)

Comments:
Ebox_Eric

join:2012-04-07

Trouble de vitesse

Bonjour avez vous tentez de nous contacté au support pour vos trouble de vitesse? Ceci n'est pas normal et nous pouvons vous aidez a trouver la source du trouble.

Review by antoine_w See Profile

• Location: Anjou,QC
Good "Service over the phone is great. Connection is reliable. No disconnection since over 2 months of usage."
Bad "Peek hours you will notice a little slow down but nothing too bad."
Overall "Worth the price, 35$/month. Unlimited from 2am to 2pm."

I have DSL 10 MB. Everything work perfects, the connection is reliable. I can watch movie on Netflix, play PS3 online and surf the web, absolutely no problems.

Bandwidth is unlimited from 2am to 2pm, and I have no problem sharing P2P.

I use the same modem Bell use, 2 Wire with WIFI included. No problems, works perfect. I bought it used from a guy online and I saved 100$.

The connection NEVER dropped since I am with ElectronicBox.

The installation process was not really awesome, obviously it was performed by Bell Technician and the first guy who come here to install the thing was totally stupid, he disconnected my neighbor phone line, damaged a lot of thing, and told me if it's not working it's not his problems, and left... I called, they sent an other technician, and that guy was very professional, fixed everything, and help me setting up and making sure network was working fine. He even helped me moving furniture to access phone box... MOVING FURNITURE! YEAH!

I am happy with the reliability of the service, for 35$ / month, unlimited from 2am to 2pm, it's worth it.

Comments:

eboxdanny
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To antoine_w

Good day,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our company. You are not supposed to experience a decrease in speed during the peak hours. If this problem occurs again, please contact our technical support department and we will assist you.
Regards

Review by OmniGear See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "Good speed and stable connection."
Overall "Satisfied with this service"

I ordered the Cable Extreme 20 and i'm paying 43$ for it. What's really great about this package is the download limit. I get double or even triple the date for a fraction of the price. In overall I get more for less.

They shipped me my brand new modem. Called to activate it. It took 30 seconds. I then plugged my modem in and it worked instantly.

What struck me the most is the simplicity, the price and the amount they gave me. It's everything I wanted in an internet service.

Comments:

eboxsidney

To OmniGear

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoy your service with us.

Review by mellowman14 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC

I was satisfied at the beginning but once I exceeded my package last month and was charged 5 extra dollars while I used only 84 GB the previous month, I saw that the non-used Gigs are not added to my next package, which really disappointed me. Then recently I received the notification of rate increase which pushed me seriously to search for another company but currently I don't have enough time for that , so I am waiting for the next months to the see the quality of service comparing to the new rates.

Comments:

eboxsidney
join:2013-12-03

Price increase and monthly usage.

Hi mellowman14,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the recent price increase on cable internet. This increase of 2-3$ per month is the first increase on our services in four years and is the result of a CRTC decision on tariff regarding capacity independent service provider buy from incumbent network. Since we have to order the capacity in advance for our customers, we have to pay the provider regardless of the portion of your monthly capacity you use, making it impossible for us to add the portion you did not used on your next month limit.

Thank you for your comments and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding your internet services.

Review by johnny5 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Client-service was good, speed as annonced, no hidden cost"
Bad "Nothing yet"
Overall "Way better than Colba Net"

·Colbanet
It's just a couple of hour since I use the service, but it's the first time I hit the annonced speed on speedtest.net.

Installation has been made by Videotron, the guy was really nice and did a great job.

Client # MP139

Comments:

eboxsidney

Hi johnny5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us so far.

Review by pyrrhus See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Price"
Bad "2$ raise in first months subscribing (however, 1st raise in years)"
Overall "best quality / price I could find in Montreal"

I had to buy a modem from ISP, but price of modem was very competitive. Modem was shipped fast. Electronicbox being serviced by Videotron for tech connection at home really slowed down the process and it took 2 weeks before I could enjoy my new ISP. All it took really was the touch of a button at Videotron, but they insisted to send a tech which was useless, since I had to go to one of their boutiques to give them back their modem. Anyways, that's not e-box fault at all, but it's part of my experience.

All in all, I recommend warmly e-box to anyone asking for tips.

Keep up the good work.

# client electronicbox: BM319

Comments:

eboxsidney

Hi pyrrhus,

Thanks a lot for reviewing your experience with Ebox. Even though the delay for cable installation/transfer is not something we have any control over, I understand it can be a source of frustration. Still, I'm glad that you are satisfied with your services.

Review by alexnadeaufa See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC

Je n'ai aucun problème de connexion et j'ai une très bonne vitesse, du moins j'ai la vitesse pour laquelle je paye et pas plus bas! Chaque fois que j'ai eu à contacter Ebox, ils ont très bien su me diriger avec patience. J'ai eu quelques problèmes. Le premier était un manque d'information sur la ligne téléphonique (je ne savais pas que je ne pourrais avoir qu'un seul téléphone de branché dans tout l'appartement... à trois colocs, c'est pas l'idéal). On m'a conseillé de prendre un téléphone sans fil à plusieurs combinés. Ensuite, Ebox n'a pas branché tous mes services en même temps, alors j'avais la ligne téléphonique avec eux et l'Internet avec Bell, ce qui m'a obligé à reconfigurer pour quelques jours mes appareils. On m'a dit que ce n'était pas dans leurs habitudes, qu'habituellement ils changeaient tout en même temps. Malgré cela, je crois que Ebox est une excellente compagnie du fait qu'ils ont semblé regretté les problèmes que j'avais eu, ils m'ont aidé à les résoudre et le service Internet et téléphonique est impeccable.

Comments:

eboxsidney

Revue

Bonjour alexnadeaufa,

Merci d'avoir pris le temps de commenter sur la qualité de nos services.

Review by neozion See Profile

• Location: Saint-Hubert,QC
Good "very competent team. very stable"
Bad "A bit more expensive than my previous internet provider. and just got a price hiike as well"
Overall "for now, a good buy. will see with time if anything more interesting comes along"

read good bad and bottom line

Comments:

eboxsidney

Hi neozion,

Thank you for writing a review.

Review by yoyoybh See Profile

• Location: Verdun,QC

I have a Cable Extreme 30 two months for now. It's a very good internet service.
It took ten days from order to online, which is better than i expected.
Didn't have any tech support yet, so can't say anything about it yet.
So far the service is good for me.

Comments:

eboxsidney

Hi yoyoybh,

Thanks a lot for reviewing your experience with Ebox. I'm glad that you are satisfied with your service so far.

Review by nanoz See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "Internet & Service"
Bad "Instalation and cant keep my phone number and transfer to the company."
Overall "Good"

The phone company is not actually Bell, its Videotron(Quebecor) but you cant find it in the options.
Cable extreme 20 at 42.95$
The installation was with videotron cableman, who did'nt really know what to do with the modem and the activation. It was intuitive and not as easy as expected. I could not transfer my homeline phone to to this company while keeping the same phone number, so i had to keep the old contract to make things easyer.
ThomsonDCM475
I had a good tech support who really listened to my problemes and sticked with me untill it was solved.
My Email: Nahoyz@gmail.com