ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by unhappyebox See Profile

• Location: H3G 0A6
Good "Price for service not received"
Bad "Installation time, reliability and terrible customer service"
Overall "Not worth the money saved"

On August 31st I called electronic box to order internet. I was told i had to pay immediately and so on that day I paid by credit card for installation, shipping for the modem and the first month of service.

The person with whom I initially spoke had made it seem like I could expect to hear back within a few days and that the installation would occur 2 to 3 days after that.

Over a week (8 days) later, I had not yet received the modem nor had I heard anything back from them regarding my installation. I called back and found out that while my payment was of course processed immediately, the rest of my order was never processed - the modem was never shipped and they never put in the order for my installation. I was pretty upset, but I understand that mistakes happen and I let it go and just explained to the representative that i needed internet ASAP and to please put a rush on it. Seeing as how they made such a mistake after already taking my money, one would expect them to maybe place some importance on this request. I was told that i would get a call as soon as possible or within the next 3 to 7 days at the latest. I was pretty unimpressed at this point.

It is now 10 days after that and although I received the modem I did not receive any call from them. I had to call back today and the person I spoke to was the icing on the cake - no apologies, no acknowledgement of how bad this looks or how upset I must be. I was calling from work so I will note that I was polite when speaking to her. My phone data bill is going to be through the roof this month because of all the data i have had to use on it. I also have had to go and work in cafes to use internet in the evenings. It has been almost 3 weeks and they still cannot tell me when I will have internet! I asked to speak to someone who could help me since she obviously could not and was told that someone would call me back within 48 hours. I explained that this was unacceptable and I wanted the situation resolved immediately because I did not want to be stuck without internet for another weekend. With bell I would have it by Saturday and would not have to pay for installation. She told me there was no way to resolve this and I had to wait 48 hours.

I then decided to cancel. I told her I wanted a full reimbursement. and she said I could discuss that in 48 hours when speaking with the supervisor - Are you kidding me??? What kind of company takes peoples money does not deliver on their services and then REFUSES to reimburse the client.

I advise you to not bring this company business unless this is the kind of service you are prepared to deal with. I initially thought it would be better than going with Bell or Videotron but i was wrong.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week

Comments:

The Doctor

join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

could you please edit your post.

Trying to read your post is difficult all grabled together.

kcir60
join:2007-02-02
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Payment

If you paid with a credit card it's a no brainer. Just call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

Review by R0Bzombie See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Great customer service, Service always up and running"
Overall "I'm a very happy customer"

Ordered the service one month before moving to my house, I was on DSL and switched to Ebox cable. The technician was on time the date we agreed on and did a great job. I was online the same day.
I went back and forth with many package changes in 2 years and they've always been comprehensive and did the changes every time even if I was downgrading.

I'm a happy customer since May 2012 and I wish I discovered Ebox sooner.
I referred 2 customers so far and they gave me a rebate of 1$ a month each

Comments:
nster

forgot to rate them?

I think you forgot to put in the ratings

Review by dixconza See Profile

• Telco party Telus
Good "The connection speed is good most of the time."
Bad "The connection stability is weak, especially during peak hours (5-7 PM). "
Overall "If I had to do it again, I would choose cable connection."

It was so long to get installed (DSL cables and connections). I used my wifi connection for almost two weeks because I was forced to. The installer from Electronic Box came before the guy from Bell. Because of that, it took around 14 days to have another disponibility from the guy of Electronic Box to pass the cables in the apartment. However, I must say the guy was kind and helpful.

Also, I don't know if it's a modem issue or the connection, but we lost connectivity almost every day around 6-7 PM. It's so annoying, we have to reboot the device every time. Moreover, in average, the modem takes about 30 minutes to reconnect (WAN and Internet). The model of my modem-router is Bell Sagemcom F@ST 2864.

I had cable connection before, I'm seriously thinking about getting it back from Videotron or via Electronic Box. Never had problem like that before.

Regards.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this month

Comments:

Review by LanAdmin See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Reliable service"
Bad "Customer satisfaction is not a priority / High latency to some Canadian servers"
Overall "Competitive prices"

With Ebox since February 2012

Good:
Reliable service
Competitive prices: Customer service is lower than Vidéotron or Bell but you may get much lower prices.
5$/month - Unlimited download 2:00-14:00 + Unlimited upload 24/7 on vcable

Reviews Canadian ISP: »www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/isp_c···ispid=19

Bad:
Increase their customer base and revenue is the priority; customer satisfaction is not.
Latency can be high to some Canadian servers compare to other ISP: »[VoIP] Ping élevé avec montreal3.voip.ms
»[Cable] Trace route to videotron
Speed change: 3 to 7 weeks: »Changements de forfaits + mauvais service
Transfer cap change: 3 to 7 weeks (20 days before next month): »Re: Changements de forfaits + mauvais service
No online customer portal.
Installation: 3 weeks: »Ontario installation date issues (RedFlagDeals.com)
»Electronic box installation nightmare
Data transfer packages (max of 4): good luck to find what it is about.

»www.electronicbox.net/en/interne···kages-2/
-----------------------------------
Avec Ebox depuis Février 2012

Pour:
Service fiable
Prix compétitifs: Le service à la clientèle est moins bon que Vidéotron ou Bell mais le prix peut être beaucoup plus bas.
5$/mois - download illimité 2:00-14:00 + upload illimité 24/7 sur vcâble

Contre:
La priorité est d'augmenter le nombre de clients et le chiffre d'affaire; pas la satisfaction de la clientèle.
Latence élevé avec certains sites Canadien comparé à d'autres fournisseurs Internet.
Changement de vitesse: 3 à 7 semaines
Changement de forfaits: 3 à 7 semaines (20 jours avant le début du mois)
Pas de portail client pour accéder à votre compte.
Installation: 3 semaines

»www.electronicbox.net/forfaits-internet/

member for 3.8 years, 839 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

EboxSteven
Ebox Supervisor
join:2014-08-21

Thank you for the review.

We are more than pleased to receive your feedback and we will make sure to listen very closely to what our customers have to say so that we may improve our service quality. There are many things at which we are best, but there is always room for improvement.

Thank you again for your review and feel free to give us call sometime if you feel the need to address certain matters!

Best regards,

Review by Cyber See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Vitesse constante, peu importe l'heure. Réseau fiable et de qualité. Les prix abordables."

Very happy customer!

Client depuis plus de cinq ans. Je suis actuellement sur le forfait câble 60mbits/10mbits.

La connexion est très stable et il n'y a jamais eu de ralentissement.

Je ne trouve aucun commentaire négatif à formuler contre cette compagnie.

En vous abonnant avec ElectronicBox, vous vous libérez des lettres d'augmentations annuelles de Bell et Vidéotron ainsi que du département de la rétention qui vous harcèle sans limites pour vous faire une offre diabolique pour ne pas vous perdre.

Je recommande cette compagnie à 2000%.

member for 1 year, 41 visits, last login: 2 days ago

Comments:

EboxSteven
Ebox Supervisor
join:2014-08-21

Merci de votre avis!

Nous sommes vraiment fiers de voir que nos efforts pour plaire à la clientèle ne sont pas en vain! Il est très important pour nous de tendre l'oreille à tout commentaire que pourrait faire un client, c'est pourquoi nous nous démarquons de la compétition et nous nous battons constamment pour offrir le meilleur des deux monde en terme de service!

Milles fois merci!

Steven F-A.

Review by Rotnam See Profile

Good "Speed as avertised"
Bad "Month pre-paid, 2 months to upgrade package."
Overall "Bad customer experience"

I went for EBOX as they are a local provider (used to be with Tekksavvy DSL, never had any issues but they cable package was not fitting me). Got 250G 30/10 the first month to realize this was not enough, called in June to get a package upgrade. I didn't understood that they apply the package for august when he mentionned it. For me I call in June to get it in July, got a 150$ extra invoice. So anyone considering going with them, if you want to change your package, plan 2 month ahead. They took my money (took me like 25$ off) and told me to move along.

Comments:
nster

Not 2 months.... ~25 days

It's not 2 months, they ask for a ~25 day notice. It is normal to not change the plan you are in in the middle of your month, otherwise the whole concept of data blocks wouldn't make as much sense

Please also note there is a tool on their website that allows you to check your consumption, you can also see what plan you are on.

Unfortunately it seems you did not do your due diligence, didn't listen properly when they explained that it wasn't going to be in effect next month as there was not proper notice, you didn't bother to check your consumption during the month or check on what plan you were on etc
Rotnam

join:2014-08-20
·ELECTRONICBOX

Re: Not 2 months.... ~25 days

They could have offered to put 4x75GB to reduce the price to 20-30$, 250G on their global usage is nothing for them. It's not normal to take so long to change a package 25 days ? Really you are supposed to know that long in advance that you will use more internet. Im a new customer and they already overcharged me 150$. Welcome welcome ! Which also mean they change 100$ more than Tekksavvy & Dsitributel that cap it at 50$ and Acanac is unlimited. Also their customer services took forever, I had to wait 2 day for a call back to tell me he will check the issue and took another 3 days. I can only assume they are under staffed or have many complains. I sure wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I also suppose you either work for them or have benefit from them, since you are doing group buy and promoting sales.

Re: Not 2 months.... ~25 days

indeed, I do help organize group buys, however, I did this because I like the company and how they work. They are not that flexible when you go over, however, they never promised it either. You could have checked your usage the last day of the month and added those blocks. You did not do this. It is advertised that it is a plan without any maximum.

I understand it is frustrating for you, and that you are used to overage caps and the ability to call in to get your overages reduced significantly, however this is not required by the company, nor was this advertised as such. With ElectronicBox, what you see is what you get. It can be frustrating, but it is an honest policy, well worth recommending

Essentially though, when you look at it, you are mad that they didn't do you a big enough favor...

I hope that after this initial hiccup, everything goes smoothly from here on out for you

All the best

Review by Exiled See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Price, speed, reliability, caps, latency"
Bad "Dependency on cable provider's on-site technical assistance"
Overall "Hands down, best ISP available in the Montreal area at an affordable price"

Comments:

Review by Robleh See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "Awesome price/cap!!"

·TekSavvy Cable
Everything went smoothly, getting advertised speeds. Overall very pleased with the whole turn out, fair pricing, good usage cap .

»www.speedtest.net/result/3585616128.png

Comments:

Review by Hyrules See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Excellente vitesse et beaucoup de bande passante !"
Bad "none"
Overall "Recommandé a 200% !"

·Videotron
·FreePhoneLine
Amplement de bande passante et la rapidité et la stabilité.

Excellente vitesse et excellent service ! Quoi dire de plus que optez pour Ebox !

UPDATE : après 2 ans et + de services avec electronic box je ne peux toujours pas trouver de points négatifs. Le services est toujours rapide et stable. Les employés sont transparents et ouvert au suggestion des clients et ont peut même discuter avec eux sur ce forum. Le service à la clientèle réponds dans un délai raisonnable souvent rapidement.

member for 8.1 years, 1518 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Heatherocks See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Install was great and it is so much better than our previous bell internet"
Bad "Nothing"

We are receiving the 500mb per month package DSL for $48/month. Our speed is 15 mb per second. We are an average family 'cutting the cord' with television and major telecom internet. So far, ebox has surpassed our expectations. We can easily stream from 3 devices and still play on phones/tablets all accessing the same internet at the same time! All of this was impossible with our bell 2 wire modem. I signed onto this site to add my 2 cents for this small but growing company. I believe they will receive many new customers in the GTA area once I spread the good word.