Cox VOIP page on DSLReports

Review by robertfl See Profile

• Location: Mary Esther,Okaloosa,FL
Good "It works"
Bad "Not POTS"
Overall "The modem is a piece of crap!!"

26-Jan-2008

Made a new years resolution: not to have all three things in one connection! Called Embarq and ordered POTS service. Returning the modem to the FWB office
This is the 5'th modem I've had in a year!

My $15 dollar bill conveniently turned to a $35 dollar bill.. how lovely.
(The operator told me that it was a flat $15 fee)

-End Update

24-May-2007

Service has been good but I did try to make a phone call and the whole node was down @ 8:00 one night. Service has been solid I'm still a little skeptic of VOIP and am thinking about switching back to Embarq as my primary line and getting Vonage $15.00 a month plan for making LD calls (or, just use Skype)

-I've updated my ratings as well.

-End

22-Aug-2006

Got some missing packets on calls now. Nothing severe. This is what you get with VOIP. I wish they would upgrade all to a standard POTS line. Still enjoying the service though. My only complaints now is when the cable goes out, no phone.
--end

Last Friday, we went from Sprint (Embarq) telephone company to COX digital phone.
Tech came in, very professional and installed my modem, called it in and 20 minutes later I was on the phone.

The only thing he didn't do was install the phone lines through out the house. So today, I'm waiting to get that fixed (not a big deal though)

Sound quality is excellent, love the phone tools and the hum on my phone is gone!

I would highly recommend cox phone to anyone in Oaklossia/Walton (cox territority) County and Escambia County, FL

Give Sprint/Embarq the boot.

My only gripe is when the power is out, it keeps me on the phone but not on the internet so back to the UPS it goes. Then again being able to dial 911 on the phone is more important then staying connected on the IRC/Internet.

member for 8.9 years, 1446 visits, last login: 6.1 years ago

Comments:

Review by Derch See Profile

• Location: Tulsa,Tulsa,OK
Good "Very reliable, able to support my alarm"
Bad "Not the cheapest in town"
Overall "More than most VoIP providers, but so much better than AT&T"

I've been very happy with my service, it's been very consistent. I'm also liking the cable modem with the two built in batteries... my SB5100 was starting to show it's age. The tech that installed the service was very prompt and courteous; most techs that work for Cox in Tulsa are.

I highly recommend this service... as long as you don't mind the steeper price.

member for 9.9 years, 2000 visits, last login: 13 days ago