Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by Vice92990 See Profile

• Location: Pauls Valley,Garvin,OK
Good "Price"
Bad "Service,customer support, Tech knowledge,tech friendliness ,consistency of service, speed, connection, support,"
Overall "by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Im a patient person but am at wits end with suddenlink."

By far the worst company ever. Not only do I not even get 1/10th of my paid speed, but the connection goes in and out constantly to the point its unusable. I have had a tech at my house almost every month sometimes 2-3 times a month for 4 years because they can't figure out what the issue is. The techs they send out are disrespectful and unknowledgable. I had one tech tell me I should be happy that I even have service as he lives out in the country and pays 100 for 1g. I had the line tech tell me to stop emailing his boss behind his back getting him in trouble. Down right disrespectful. They talked to my wife before I got home one time and she informed me they were very rude and told her the same thing about not contacting their manager. The service itself is horrible , the customer support is horrible, the techs are horrible. The only good thing is its 65 a month but for what Im paying and what im getting isn't worth it. If suddenlink wasn't the only provider out here, which is the only reason im still with them and probably why they think they can treat me this way, I would have switched a long time ago even if it means paying more.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this month

Comments:
totalradio

join:2007-09-15

Be forewarned...

One of the Suddenlink trolls, who are "employees" will be by to "help you out". They didn't help me when I had constant problems with my internet AND cable TV, so I got rid of them.

You may end up doing the same thing. You have my sympathy.

Review by moldypickle See Profile

• Location: Haughton,Bossier,LA
Good "Decent Service"
Bad "tv portion seems high priced"
Overall "ok so far"

updated June 2013

Asking a phone rep about better pricing resulted in a lower bill and faster service. Pretty stable 50/3 with little to no slow downs and basic cable with the HD box. I still feel that requiring a $6/month cable box to be able to watch "free HD" is a bit of a racket.

*********

updated march 2011

Some connection issues had come up but Pete was able to get me in contact with senior management locally. the problem had already been rectified by the time i was conference called with the manager and lead engineer. dealing with people beyond grunt level is very pleasant and productive. internet is now stable and tv works good. beyond the price, i'm content paying for this service.

*********

Well, I ordered my cable on the first of July and the hookup date was all the way out to the 9th. Friday rolled around and no cable man. Turns out he came three hours before the time slot and never called, then went home and started his vacation. The first two times i called in they tried to tell me that they didn't do instalations in the afternoon, then they were telling me that they couldn't install because i needed cable installed in the attic (of my trailer..... ya. that's something the sales lady had asked when i ordered).

so monday came and i finally got hooked up. the service technician, an outside contractor, gave me a hard time because the work order wasn't for a new install but finally ran the lines since i had already paid the extra install fee way back on the first of the month.

since then i've had pixelized tv service frequently and my cable modem drops during the day as i'm experiencing up to a 14db power swing on the upstream side. Currently awaiting another service tech to come out as Motorla advised that the issue i'm having is the modem is turning off and back on due to a power need above 58db up. and this is all on brand new wiring not even a week old.

at this time i'm not impressed what so ever with service OR customer support.

member for 5.5 years, 1808 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by jdmm72 See Profile

• Location: Nitro,Kanawha,WV
Good "Bill comes regularly. Speed is good right now."
Bad "Bad techinical support. Improper disconnect orders, ongoing speed issues"
Overall "When it works correctly, it is good."

UPDATE:
7/3/2014 - Internet and Phone were disconnected at 9:33:59 am 7/1/2014. Why? Apparently non-payment. Balance due? $00.00. Restored service at 12:24 PM on 7/2/2014 and then went down again for 3.5 hours.

If you want reliable speeds, go with DSL. The variation in the connection speed is not present, but neither is the higher speeds of cable.

If you want speed/performance, then SL cable is the choice. The speed does vary, but it still is much faster than DSL on average.

First try 2005: I had Verizon for telephone, Dish Network for TV, and SL for internet (1.5Mbps). Pretty happy with internet service.

When SL offered telephone service, reduced my telephone bill substantially, so I subscribed. A few good months, then....

Frequent phone issues, no dial tone, but still had internet, many customers effected, but stated resolution times of 2 hours often stretched to 12-24+ hours. My wife decided that we would switch to a traditional telco because house alarm didn't work when phone was out. Switched to Verizon ADSL and telephone service. Expensive, but it always worked. After 2 years with Verizon, switched to Fibernet (who was bought by nTelos wireline, and became Lumos) an ILEC, for same service but cheaper (and a static IP address.) Had billing issues with Fibernet (stopped recieving bills, but not late fees.)

Second Chance: June 2011: Switched back to SL for faster internet, and phone. Fibernet ADSL was rated at 3Mbps (honestly got 3.5Mbps), and SL offered 10Mbps. Fibernet ADSL/telephone bundling was $50/mo ($60 after tax and fees), SL was $55/mo ($67 after tax and fees.) All good until...

February 2012, slow speeds, frequent internet and telephone disconnects, and no resolution to problems.

Now it is June 2012, still slow speeds, telephone service is finally stable, but internet is averaging about 3.5Mbps, and goes down to 1Mbps during peak internet hours. Not acceptable.

Had truck rolls in February, 2 in March, and one in April 2012. Cabling has been replaced, outside interface box has been replaced. Cable terminations have been replaced, coupler in attic has been replaced. Was supposed to have one in May, but college finals and graduation were more important. Had appointment set up on June 5, for June 15 that I couldn't make. Technicians have always said the signal to my house is good.

Called yesterday (6/21/2012) and the support agent actually said, "we haven't had a technician to your house in over a month," when arguing that they can't assume a infrastructure issue. So, I'm supposed to have a Suddenlink technician invade the privacy of my house once a month, waste time on the appointment window, and be happy with that.

So, what has been the subject of the blame game? House wiring (techs say my signal is good, and only thing hooked to SL cable is the SL modem, as TV is Dish Network, and SL ran the cable to the attic themselves, then did reuse a cable that goes to a wall plate that originates in the attic), Cisco 851 Router (SLs first troubleshooting step is to remove router, which DOESN'T fix ANY issue, and causes line monitoring to stop), Computer (speed is also slow on our Sony Blu-Ray player, even with computers off), but I've been assured it's not infrastructure on multiple occassions.

My personal assessment is that the infrastructure and equipment is saturated. SL only offers DOCSIS 2.0 telephony modems, which only bind on one channel, whereas DOCSIS 3.0 can bind multiple channels. That is only my assessment though, and I'm a Telco tech, not a cable tech, so take it with a grain of salt.

Evidence to back up my assessment...

From modem event log, 2 recurring messages (These messages make up the majority of the events)
1. No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
2. Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, but no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 timeout

The common factor between these 2 messages. High CMTS utilization. T4 indicates possibly >95% CMTS utilization. Recommended range is 80%

According to »volpefirm.com/docsis-101/docsis1···tenance/,
"A final note, T3 and T4 impairments are always within the DOCSIS network inclusive of the CMTS and cable modems. In fact it is the cable modems themselves that are doing the counting and alerting of T3 and T4 timeouts. This is one time that the IP network behind the CMTS is not to blame for any of these errors. No finger pointing on this one!"

What this says, it's Suddenlink's own DOCSIS network itself, not my network, not the Internet itself. So, it is in Suddenlink's network between their customer premise Cable modem and their CMTS inclusive, nothing on my side.

In a nutshell, they OVERSOLD their network.

6-22-12: Had a tech come out today, replaced the modem, all good for a few hours, now back 1-2Mbps.

7-2-12: Had a "Supervisor" tech come out, and ask about speeds right now at 6:00PM, and when they were alright, he left, telling me to call back when I had a problem.

7-5-12: Down to 5-6Mbps again, still no resolution, and SL only offers to send another tech out. IT'S THE OVERUTILIZED NETWORK!!!!

7-6-12: Checked my bill, I was charged $39.68 for a service call to replace SUDDENLINK's modem, which DID NOT fix the issue, also my internet fees were supposed to be refunded, and that didn't happen either.

7-7-12: Still going down to 1Mbps at night. Contacted tech support AGAIN, they just flat out refused to help, stating that I was being affected by an outage. Sent email to Pete Abel asking for assistance. We'll see.

7/12/12 - 7PM, connection running at about 0.4Mbps (4% of my rated speed) for the rated speed of 10Mbps. WOW!!! Suddenlink supposedly is going to split the node, but was told that it could take months. Serious considering move back to "slower" 3.5Mbps DSL, as 3.5Mbps is still faster than 0.4Mbps on 10Mbps rated cable.

7/13/12 - Back to 1.4Mbps, awesome, so glad I subscribed to 10Mbps.

7/18/12 - WOW Seldomlink upgraded my service to 15Mbps, what is my throughput at 10:00 PM? Oh, between 3-5Mbps. SeldomLink, You rock!!!! Uploaded 2 speedtest imaged (From SeldomLink's own servers).

7/19/12 - So, my speeds have been pretty stable since 6:00PM at 250Kbps. I cannot use my phone and internet at the same time. I either have phone service or internet service, like back in the Dial-up days. Currently I chose to have phone service, because I can tether 3 times faster through my nTelos cell phone than with my cable modem.

7/26/12 - Local tech supervisor came out, installed a DOCSIS 3.0 modem in addition to telephone MTA. Now I am getting rated speeds consistantly. Things are looking much better, hope it keeps up.

8/13/12 - Things still looking good, updating review to reflect that fact. Had some billing issues, but all worked out, but spent another hour on the phone to fix it.

11/30/12 - Screwed up billing again for October and November, overcharged by $20 per month. Spent 20 minutes on hold, 30 minutes total.

Check my connection in the monitor group for Suddenlink at »/testhistory?view=83 with the DSLreports speedtests shown. Here is a link to the Speedtest.net page showing the recent results »www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh···db&ria=0

12/24/2012 - No internet service, no phone service, no ETA at call center (thank God for Cellular and Mifi's). Came back that evening.

12/27/2012 - Internet speeds at .3Mbps on 25Mbps connection. Not happy. Called SL, may have been a fire for some building of some company that may have burnt a cable or fiber somewhere, that may be affecting you. Yep, pretty much that vague.

1/3/2013 - Internet and phone out, no estimated time for fix.

3/21/2013 - Been a fairly uneventful time. The service is currently working pretty good for the last couple of months. Some ratings were raised to reflect.

4/1/2013 - Got a bill stating that my bill was past due and threatening termination. What is the past due balance, you may ask? $18.73. Suddenlink once again FAILED to apply the $20 monthly credit. I can't dock tech support/customer service anymore points, it's already at the bottom. Already on a phone hold for 12 minutes (without having spoken to a live person), to inquire about my bill at 12:34 PM on MONDAY April 1, 2013, a non-peak time.

2/28/2014 - Again internet speeds are drawing down to 200-400 Kbps with loss of telephone service. I DO NOT RECOMMEND SUDDENLINK, but very few alternatives available. I have called and we are now treating this as a new problem, EVEN THOUGH the ORDERED node split NEVER occurred.

3/5/2014 - Connection back to expected shape after local management called. Some work at the CMTS was done and the connection has been stable all day, even during peak hours. Thanks to Pete Abel for making this happen.

Comments:
Pete Abel
join:2008-01-15
Saint Louis, MO

Maybe I can help

I'm with Suddenlink at HQ and I'm approved to help customers in this forum (»Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents). If you'll email (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) or IM me the name on the account, I'd be happy to escalate this issue to the attention of senior management for your area.

Argggg!!!

Still drawing down to 5Mbps with no computer but my desktop on the link.

Speed test results from 7/12/12

7/12/2012 20:27 DN 0.81
7/12/2012 20:22 DN 3.9

tech101

@184.21.36.x

not a tech in your area but would like to help

I noticed your post and just wanted to ask a few quick questions
first is the hardline outside your home aerial or underground? did the techs go back through the hardline if so how far have you spoke to any of your neighbors and are they having the same issues you are the times I have ran into this and it not having been a house issue comes down to just a couple things one there's either an area in your main line feeder/trunk with water damage or heavy squirrel chews on it don't know if this helps but it may be a good idea to bring it up to the next tech out

Nitro, WV

Re: not a tech in your area but would like to help

The node was overloaded, and I was forced to use a DOCSIS 2.0 modem because of telephony. They installed a separate DOCSIS 3.0 modem, in addition to the telephony modem, and speed issues are fixed, as I can bond to multiple unused channels.

Flaky service.

Speeds today as of 12/27/2012 are averaging about .30Mbps. Yee Haw, glad I'm paying for 15Mbps internet service and am set up for 25Mbps service.

On 12/24/2012, had a day long outage with no explanation from SL, other than there is an outage.

lvlill3r

@frontiernet.net

Switch to frontier Vdsl or bonded HSI

Switched to Fronter Communcations Bonded 24meg service from seldomlink and my connection has never been better

Review by Rock See Profile

• Location: Bastrop,Morehouse,LA
Good "Service is fairly steady"
Bad "Tech support, consumer practices, and pricing"
Overall "Bad! No competition except dsl(slower) and satellite(slow)"

Had service for a year now. Started with internet and tv package at about $105 per month. Techs installed tivo, 2 mini's and wireless modem which I switched out a few days later for my own modem. Left with no instructions whatsoever and did not even put plates on the wall over the sheetrock where they drilled through. Was told by CS that the tivo system would record 4 shows at a time, BS!

Could only get 1 show recorded at a time. CS then sends tech out and find out that you have to disable the mini's on other tv's to get more shows recorded. That sucks. Tech begrudgingly showed how to access tivo to do that. Then I get billed a $40+ service call. I ended up dropping the tv part and kept the internet. 15 meg for $50 per month!! And don't get the 15 all the time. Now out to right at a year I slip up and miss the due date and I look at the next bill and they have put a $9 late fee on a $50 bill. Hell cell phone carriers aren't that bad. I realize that they and cell phone carriers bill ahead but come on, a $9 late fee on a $50 bill. I am disabled and on a fixed income with a tight budget so it does not help.

Now not only this I just found out on my bill that they have a cap limit on the internet. I have my youngest daughter back with us for a while so there has been an increase in the internet usage and I got a warning for going over a limit that I did not know even existed. They have a 250gig cap on the 15 and 30 meg service. The 107 meg service which is not even available to me has a 350gig cap. The 15meg is $50 and the 30meg is $60 and I have no idea what the 50meg and 107meg is as I am sure it is pushing$75- $100 per month.

But new customers can get the 15meg for $35 per month, the 30meg for $45 and the 50meg for $55 per month in my area. I think in the city limits the 107meg may be available. These prices are for new customers only to get you hooked. So I am considering just dropping them and going to dsl. I can only get the 6.0 here but a lot of the time I am only getting 6-7 megs down anyway. The dsl 6.0 is $19.95 per month and may be a 12 month contract but I have had dsl before and only left them for cable because they had an outage that lasted for 10+ days. I got Charter then and was very happy with them til moving out of their area. Maybe by the time the contract is up there will be another provider in the area or I can get a better deal on service from them but for right now they suck.

So for the bottom line, if you can get service from someone else, do it.

Comments:
totalradio

join:2007-09-15
·Windstream

I feel the pain !

Rock, we're just up the road from you in El Dorado. I started out in 2002 with Suddenlink (when it was Cox). Service was shitty from the start. A few months after they rolled out cable internet, AT&T offered DSL. Not as fast as cable, but much more stable and I've been with DSL ever since, that's been 12 years ago. Both have caps here, but DSL is much more stable for me. Suddenlink has been trying for years to get me to convert to them, and they don't get past the first few words of their pitch before I tell them to piss off. When I had my computer business, I had MANY people who had Suddenlink and wished they didn't. In some cases, some of them got DSL, but in some, DSL wasn't an option

To me, speed isn't important, stability is. DSL may not be for you, but it might be worth the try to find out. Just a thought.

But I'm sure one of the Suddenlink "trolls" who are from the company will try and "fix it for you". I doubt they'll ever fix it to your satisfaction.

abnormal69

join:2003-04-19
Hollister, MO

What?

You mean a 250 Gigabyte cap I hope.
Rock

join:2014-06-23
USA

Re: What?

Thanks, yes I did. Talking about the speeds just overlapped in my aging brain...lol
SDLashley1

join:2011-07-19

Re: What?

Hi Rock - Thomas with Suddenlink here. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional. I'd be happy to look into this for you. Feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you, -Thomas

Review by checkplt See Profile

• Location: Kingwood,Harris,TX
Good "fastest speed in my service area"
Bad "have to deal with corporate to get the best deal local office doesnt offer"
Overall "Have been pleasantly surprised with speed and reliability"

Starter with a data package then added phone. They screwed up adding the phone and it took two service calls to unravel the mistake made on the server end. Techs were super!! has been flawless since (6 mo)

Comments:

Review by trish bacon See Profile

• Location: Clovis,Curry,NM
Good "Nothing that comes to mind"
Bad "Everything"
Overall "If I had a choice I would've left them the same month I signed up"

This is the first time I've ever used SL for service. We have the highest package available in my area, 50mbps down speed. I pay about $100 per month. Little did we know when we signed up that our upload speed is capped at 3mbps. This has had a huge impact on my household. I moved from the east coast a few months ago and I work from home so the internet is a huge must for me. I have a VoIP phone, online fax, email etc all that good stuff for work. If someone in my house is using say netflix or Youtube, the quality on my VoIP phone is horrendous and unbearable. Skype calls for work? Forget about that. The upload speed is so slow that it just can't handle a basic task like skype. If more than one person wants to do anything on the internet, like Netflix or gaming on an Xbox one, you can forget that too, you can't even open a webpage.

I tried getting a better package but was told that the infastructure in our area can't handle a higher upload speed and that I should look into getting a business grade package. The highest speeds they offer for a business package is 10mbps up and 10mbps down, for $350.00 a month. I laughed at the lady thinking it was a joke but quickly realized she was serious. They have a monopoly in the city I live in, and once I found out this information after calling several other providers to try and get better service it all made sense. They can get away with charging astronomical rates for horrible service because there's no competition. There's only one other provider in my area, they even offer a 1GBps package, but of course they don't have infastructure in my neighborhood and they don't know when they will. Perhaps I am spoiled because I paid $100 a month for 150mbps down and averaged 40mbps up from my last provider, but this is 2014, I just don't understand how a company can get away with charging this amount of money for such horrible internet.

Comments:
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
·Vonage
·Cox HSI

Po-Dunk internet.

You should check out the internet at your clovis-carter libary. See how fast there internet is.. If it's faster.. Ask who they have as a provider..

»www.library.cityofclovis.org/

Looks like Clovis has a population of roughly +37,000. Your not going to get allot of internet speed in a small town. Especially for a cheap price..

What kind of modem are you using?? If it's new or not?

Debbie Wilso

@75.111.245.x

Complain America if your Service is bad. Companies pay ppl to write good rev

everything is bad at suddenling! Monopoly in the Lubbock Amarillo Texas area; you have no choices. They have the worst service I have ever had in my life both places I had to carry their service.
Equipment is old and unstable but they blame your router even if you switch 3 new ones and none of them made a change. I used many of their modems to test out and each modem carries different signal strength .. Cable box is horriable and this is the worst cable company in the world. I had cox in Pensacola and never had bad service unless we had a storm or my equipment got old...
I have been trying to contact corporate office for sometime. They upgrade billing but not what your are paying for. America, we expect service for our money, so we need to look into where we can get cable service and I am thinking of trying dish again. As horrible as this service is I deal with a rainy day of low service compared to all day everyday!!!
FightAmerica

join:2014-06-21
idk

Don't let money reviews lie to you; start sharing true reviews so we all can

Review by barncii See Profile

• Location: Many,Sabine,LA
Good "Low ping times, usually consistent speeds, good customer service"
Bad "Fastest connection offered is 3Mbps down and only 512Kbps up"
Overall "Good company and people but connection speeds are too slow"

I would pay two or three times the money i pay now if i were given an option to have faster service. I sent an email to regional supervisor Randy Goad and received a response back that he would look into it and someone would get back with me, which they did, hence the good customer service rating. The man who called me back informed me that they would be upgrading my area in the first quarter of next year (2013). this is great news but that is still up to 4 months away and its almost 2 years since i received an email that faster speeds were coming, which they did for about 3 days, only to be reverted back to the original speeds. Great company but i wish they would give customers more freedom in the speeds they could choose, especially people who are willing to pay for it. CP-tel is a small provider in Many, LA who offer fiber to the home up to 40Mbps and uploads around 8Mbps. It would be great if suddenlink could offer something competitive to this.

UPDATE: Fall 2013. Suddenlink now offers 15/1.5 Mbps in my area - Finally. this is a much welcome update. hopefully faster speeds will be offered. although 15 is adequate for download the 1.5 is still not what i would like to see for the upload. i have noticed that they are using channel bonding - 4 channels on download. so hopefully this means they will be upgrading the speed soon. Thanks for the update suddenlink!

Comments:

Review by Motes See Profile

• Location: Jacksonville,Pulaski,AR
Good "Internet speed was great for the first 3 years"
Bad "Internet speed has been horrible since January"
Overall "Drop it if you can find another provider in the area."

1. Ordered 15Mbps+TV+Home Phone for $93.14

2. Order and install was great.

3. Internet Service was great for the first 3 years since I moved to the Little Rock Air Force Base back in May 2011. Internet has been slow since January 2014 and this May 2014 has been the worst. I have been getting anywhere from 0.7 Mbps to 4Mbps constantly. Last night's range was 1.55 Mbps to 0.7 Mbps. Suddenlink doesn't seem to be able to fix the issue so I'm currently looking for another provider in the area.

Comments:

moldypickle

To be fair

We're just going to apparently IGNORE the fact that you have been told already by SuddenLink that a large fix was scheduled for August or September (as per what you yourself have said). So saying that SL won't/isn't fixing the problem is simply erroneous and false.

Re: To be fair

It's 30May14, I can't have 3 to 4 months more of service like the entire month of May much less the service since January. Especially when taking online test for my evening classes and the internet service totally quits and doesn't return to useable speeds for the rest of the night. My evening classes that start at the first of July are even more important for my military career and I can't have my test freezing up half way through. Couldn't even use the Wi-Fi on the iPAD last night from lack of service. Had to get on my iPhone and use it to get on the web. It's been an Everyday issue this month. Why should I keep paying for something I haven't been receiving much less keep paying for up to 3-4 more months or more while waiting on a possible fix? I need reliable service especially before the July classes start.

Re: To be fair

And the results of calling in every month for service discounts/refunds have been?

Your review though is inaccurate that SL isn't able to fix the problem. They are simply waiting on a $600,000 fix (again, according to you).

Re: To be fair

True, Suddenlink (Karen Maddie) called on 23 May 14 and didn't even mention the $600,000.00 fix in September that the tech told me about when he was at my house. All she said was that they worked on my node and that my internet should be fixed and that they were crediting my account for $25.00. 7 nights later and my internet was still horrible and getting worse. I will run another speed test this evening and link it to my Facebook as well like I have the last 2 nights speed test. Going to go by Verizon, and Dish this weekend to see if they offer at least 10 Mbps service on the Air Base. From what I can see from the websites, they are a lot more expensive than Suddenlink but I need the constant internet access.

Review by sithru22 See Profile

Good "not much"
Bad "everything"
Overall "pay to much for the little service that is provided (cable/phone/internet)"

The service is horrible. You get very little in form of cable TV for the price you pay. They say free HD but you have to pay for them. Misrepresentation. Where are these services you advertise? My fathers internet keeps going out and we are in the same area, but mine is fine. Has had a tech over 3-5 times. Ëverything is fine is all they say and the problem is never fixed.

Tech support is terrible. Is there any possible way for you people at Suddenlink to get techs who no what they are doing? Your response to everyone is: "I'll escalate this to the attention of senior managers in your area, asking them to follow up. We want you to be pleased with the service you are receiving." This means nothing!!!!!!!

Please use Americans as sales and technicians please.

SUDDENLINK = SUDDENTRASH

Comments:
Motes

Suddenlink

Same issue here in Jacksonville, Arkansas. I was down to 0.77 Mbps by 10 pm last night. Couldn't even get a webpage to open half the time last night. I managed to get 1.55 Mbps about 6:30 pm yesterday. This has been going on since January of this year.

Support staff

SL doesn't have any overseas phone centers and all the techs are american citizens. Not sure what that was about.

Suddenlinker

@145.255.4.x

Suddenlink User of Many Years

I too am a Suddenlink User of many years. I live in south east Ohio along the Ohio River Bordering West Virginia. Across the river there are 2 Cable Companies plus Verizon and someone else.
Over here there is Only Suddenlink and Verizon that I am Aware Of, Maybe AT&T but pffft!.
Verizon will Never receive my money again and I Sincerely Hope they Eventually Close Shop due to their Practices and Activities... Slim Chance Though! End of Digression = ; ' )

Suddenlink on the other hand Provides Very Good, Dependable Service Very Consistently. Tech Support is Top Notch & I feel they run a pretty tight ship here in my area anyway.
I do however, feel their prices are Too High. I used to have their Digital Package (Without Phone) that was $100+ Bucks a Month, (Too Much!!!) so I ditched the TV and stuck with just High Speed 20meg internet at $43.00 a month but had to Buy the Modem to get it down to $43.00. Of course it was $40.00 until the new year came around. When They Raise it again, I will shut it off too!
I Rarely have Issues where I'm at now.
The last place I lived, (Few blocks away) I had lots of problems with signal loss and dropouts etc... but this was due to too many cable splitter connections running through the building and causing the signal loss.
Other than this, I am Happy With the service for now but I can see the writing on the wall.
Verizon Decided to Traverse the globe setting up a GREAT CHANGE in the Internet As We Have Known & Loved It! Why? Because when people started realizing they could stream most of what they payed extra TV for, many began doing so (Self Included) but Corporate America Simply Will Not Tolerate Us Being Happy with Anything Good or Reasonable, they just have to screw up everything we enjoy and make it about More Money & Advertisements! Argh!
Therefore, it is hard to say how long before I Jump Off The Net Too! I Doubt Anybody will be worthy of My Money Once The Change Occurs.

Take Care!

Review by totalradio See Profile

• Location: El Dorado,Union,AR
Good "Speed is good... when (or if) it works"
Bad "When it fails, you're in for a nightmare !"
Overall "Use something else"

·Windstream
UPDATE 08/07/2009
My last Suddenlink internet customer disconnected their internet service today and I canceled my television service from them on the same day. As you can read further as to the problems that I've had with this company.

UPDATE 07/02/2008
Well, I had to downgrade them again. Seems they have latency problems (again). Been running pretty good until recently. 60-80 is the norm, but the last few days its been averaging between 250-800. Don't know what to say, but as soon as I can find out, be more than happy to post them here !

Service is getting better (only marginally), and will upgrade them accordingly. If one of my customers wants high speed internet, I usually recommend a full T-1 (from AT&T or BellSouth), or DSL.

Speed is EXTREMELY ERRATIC, which in business-critical situations, could cause problems. MIGHT be OK for personal use. Seems to be a bit pricey compared to DSL. Having the problems that I've had with this carrier, its gonna take a while to upgrade them. They need to show me how reliable (tech support & connection) they can be.Cable television service isn't much better !

member for 6.8 years, 1979 visits, last login: a few hours ago