Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by lcornejo See Profile

• Location: Huntsville,Walker,TX
Good "Bandwidth usually overdelivers"
Bad "I never been impressed with latency"
Overall "Gets the job done for most activities, even voip, but usually gaming is frustrating, high latency is just not ideal"

ISP that delivers in terms of promised bandwidth in my neigborhood. But the latency (bufferbloat or routing) is way to high as of late in my area. Walker Co. Texas

Update 2014/12/17:
I got some speed upgrades this month! So far so good. The latency issues haven't been a major problem, but from the recent network changes the west coast pings improved greatly.

member for 1 year, 265 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by moldypickle See Profile

• Location: Haughton,Bossier,LA
Good "Decent Service"
Bad "tv portion seems high priced"
Overall "ok so far"

updated January 2015
8 channel x 2 channel bonding active in my area, ready for the upgrade wave to role through. Pete has helped yet again. Had a firmware bug in a modem on the approved list that he got me in touch with the right people to report this. Replaced modem and going smooth again. Connection has been stable except for a couple nights of maintenance between midnight and 2, give or take.

updated June 2013
Asking a phone rep about better pricing resulted in a lower bill and faster service. Pretty stable 50/3 with little to no slow downs and basic cable with the HD box. I still feel that requiring a $6/month cable box to be able to watch "free HD" is a bit of a racket.

updated march 2011
Some connection issues had come up but Pete was able to get me in contact with senior management locally. the problem had already been rectified by the time i was conference called with the manager and lead engineer. dealing with people beyond grunt level is very pleasant and productive. internet is now stable and tv works good. beyond the price, i'm content paying for this service.

*********
Well, I ordered my cable on the first of July and the hookup date was all the way out to the 9th. Friday rolled around and no cable man. Turns out he came three hours before the time slot and never called, then went home and started his vacation. The first two times i called in they tried to tell me that they didn't do instalations in the afternoon, then they were telling me that they couldn't install because i needed cable installed in the attic (of my trailer..... ya. that's something the sales lady had asked when i ordered).

so monday came and i finally got hooked up. the service technician, an outside contractor, gave me a hard time because the work order wasn't for a new install but finally ran the lines since i had already paid the extra install fee way back on the first of the month.

since then i've had pixelized tv service frequently and my cable modem drops during the day as i'm experiencing up to a 14db power swing on the upstream side. Currently awaiting another service tech to come out as Motorla advised that the issue i'm having is the modem is turning off and back on due to a power need above 58db up. and this is all on brand new wiring not even a week old.

at this time i'm not impressed what so ever with service OR customer support.

member for 6.2 years, 2120 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Omne See Profile

• Location: Dunbar,Kanawha,WV
Good "Great speeds for the price"
Bad "Having to keep upgrading modem to get new speeds"
Overall "Speed upgrade not free but great speed"

·Frontier Communi..
I have had suddenlink for about 2 years now, first started out with 15/1.5 with their modem and paying a 5.00 month fee. They started to advertise free speed upgrade but to get it you either had to pay a install charge of 20.00 plus a 10.00 month fee for a new modem. I went with buying my own modem sb6141 for about 60.00 and then calling tech support and giving them the MAC address it went very well a little less than 20 minutes I had 50/5 speed.

Comments:

slinkyman

@74.197.132.x

speed upgrades

I keep seeing commercials about free speed upgrades, but I'm still at 15/1.5, and my modem is docsis 3.0......maybe a phone call is in order.
Jowmu

join:2009-05-04
Lubbock, TX

Re: speed upgrades

maybe a dumb question, but have you power cycled your modem? I kept waiting as well, and found out all I needed to do was power cycle it so it would download the new config file.

slinkyman

@suddenlink.net

Re: speed upgrades

i have, yes....several times. what did your speed upgrade to?
Lindsey

join:2008-12-16
Gypsy, WV

Re: speed upgrades

we still havnt seen speed upgrade in gypsy wv yet..and local tech has no clue about it
jmorison

join:2001-12-08
New Bern, NC

Upgrade was free for me

I had their DOCSIS2 telephone modem, ran internet and phone, with 15 Meg service, got a new DOCSIS3 from Suddenlink for free, along with a splitter and 25' cable, plugged it all in and went to 50/3 service (tests at 51/5). It is free for some markets, or perhaps some combinations of services.
Suddenlink

Review by jdmm72 See Profile

• Location: Nitro,Kanawha,WV
Good "Bill comes regularly. Speed is good right now"
Bad "Bad techinical support. Improper disconnect orders, ongoing speed issues, MASSIVE PACKET LOSS"
Overall "When it works correctly, it is good, WHICH IS SELDOM."

UPDATE: 1/1/2015 Major packet loss during peak hours and now modem going offline daily and stays that way. I have had two "line-techs" to my house last week, after the second tech, my modem started going off line daily and remaining offline until powered cycled. Problem is, I work 150 miles away, so by the time I notice it, I'm 2+ hours away. I first started noticing stuttering on my Android tablet (Nexus 9) and then started to notice games and Netflix stuttering. After investigating, I found via PingPlotter that I am losing 10ish percent of packets during peak hours, which talks to the error correction of new games and Netflix, 10 percent should bring them to their knees, but it does not.

ORIGINAL REVIEW

If you want reliable speeds, go with DSL. The variation in the connection speed is not present, but neither is the higher speeds of cable.

If you want speed/performance, then SL cable is the choice. The speed does vary, but it still is much faster than DSL on average.

First try 2005: I had Verizon for telephone, Dish Network for TV, and SL for internet (1.5Mbps). Pretty happy with internet service.

When SL offered telephone service, reduced my telephone bill substantially, so I subscribed. A few good months, then....

Frequent phone issues, no dial tone, but still had internet, many customers effected, but stated resolution times of 2 hours often stretched to 12-24+ hours. My wife decided that we would switch to a traditional telco because house alarm didn't work when phone was out. Switched to Verizon ADSL and telephone service. Expensive, but it always worked. After 2 years with Verizon, switched to Fibernet (who was bought by nTelos wireline, and became Lumos) an ILEC, for same service but cheaper (and a static IP address.) Had billing issues with Fibernet (stopped recieving bills, but not late fees.)

Second Chance: June 2011: Switched back to SL for faster internet, and phone. Fibernet ADSL was rated at 3Mbps (honestly got 3.5Mbps), and SL offered 10Mbps. Fibernet ADSL/telephone bundling was $50/mo ($60 after tax and fees), SL was $55/mo ($67 after tax and fees.) All good until...

February 2012, slow speeds, frequent internet and telephone disconnects, and no resolution to problems.

Now it is June 2012, still slow speeds, telephone service is finally stable, but internet is averaging about 3.5Mbps, and goes down to 1Mbps during peak internet hours. Not acceptable.

Had truck rolls in February, 2 in March, and one in April 2012. Cabling has been replaced, outside interface box has been replaced. Cable terminations have been replaced, coupler in attic has been replaced. Was supposed to have one in May, but college finals and graduation were more important. Had appointment set up on June 5, for June 15 that I couldn't make. Technicians have always said the signal to my house is good.

Called yesterday (6/21/2012) and the support agent actually said, "we haven't had a technician to your house in over a month," when arguing that they can't assume a infrastructure issue. So, I'm supposed to have a Suddenlink technician invade the privacy of my house once a month, waste time on the appointment window, and be happy with that.

So, what has been the subject of the blame game? House wiring (techs say my signal is good, and only thing hooked to SL cable is the SL modem, as TV is Dish Network, and SL ran the cable to the attic themselves, then did reuse a cable that goes to a wall plate that originates in the attic), Cisco 851 Router (SLs first troubleshooting step is to remove router, which DOESN'T fix ANY issue, and causes line monitoring to stop), Computer (speed is also slow on our Sony Blu-Ray player, even with computers off), but I've been assured it's not infrastructure on multiple occassions.

My personal assessment is that the infrastructure and equipment is saturated. SL only offers DOCSIS 2.0 telephony modems, which only bind on one channel, whereas DOCSIS 3.0 can bind multiple channels. That is only my assessment though, and I'm a Telco tech, not a cable tech, so take it with a grain of salt.

Evidence to back up my assessment...

From modem event log, 2 recurring messages (These messages make up the majority of the events)
1. No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
2. Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, but no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 timeout

The common factor between these 2 messages. High CMTS utilization. T4 indicates possibly >95% CMTS utilization. Recommended range is 80%

According to »volpefirm.com/docsis-101/docsis1 ··· tenance/,
"A final note, T3 and T4 impairments are always within the DOCSIS network inclusive of the CMTS and cable modems. In fact it is the cable modems themselves that are doing the counting and alerting of T3 and T4 timeouts. This is one time that the IP network behind the CMTS is not to blame for any of these errors. No finger pointing on this one!"

What this says, it's Suddenlink's own DOCSIS network itself, not my network, not the Internet itself. So, it is in Suddenlink's network between their customer premise Cable modem and their CMTS inclusive, nothing on my side.

In a nutshell, they OVERSOLD their network.

6-22-12: Had a tech come out today, replaced the modem, all good for a few hours, now back 1-2Mbps.

7-2-12: Had a "Supervisor" tech come out, and ask about speeds right now at 6:00PM, and when they were alright, he left, telling me to call back when I had a problem.

7-5-12: Down to 5-6Mbps again, still no resolution, and SL only offers to send another tech out. IT'S THE OVERUTILIZED NETWORK!!!!

7-6-12: Checked my bill, I was charged $39.68 for a service call to replace SUDDENLINK's modem, which DID NOT fix the issue, also my internet fees were supposed to be refunded, and that didn't happen either.

7-7-12: Still going down to 1Mbps at night. Contacted tech support AGAIN, they just flat out refused to help, stating that I was being affected by an outage. Sent email to Pete Abel asking for assistance. We'll see.

7/12/12 - 7PM, connection running at about 0.4Mbps (4% of my rated speed) for the rated speed of 10Mbps. WOW!!! Suddenlink supposedly is going to split the node, but was told that it could take months. Serious considering move back to "slower" 3.5Mbps DSL, as 3.5Mbps is still faster than 0.4Mbps on 10Mbps rated cable.

7/13/12 - Back to 1.4Mbps, awesome, so glad I subscribed to 10Mbps.

7/18/12 - WOW Seldomlink upgraded my service to 15Mbps, what is my throughput at 10:00 PM? Oh, between 3-5Mbps. SeldomLink, You rock!!!! Uploaded 2 speedtest imaged (From SeldomLink's own servers).

7/19/12 - So, my speeds have been pretty stable since 6:00PM at 250Kbps. I cannot use my phone and internet at the same time. I either have phone service or internet service, like back in the Dial-up days. Currently I chose to have phone service, because I can tether 3 times faster through my nTelos cell phone than with my cable modem.

7/26/12 - Local tech supervisor came out, installed a DOCSIS 3.0 modem in addition to telephone MTA. Now I am getting rated speeds consistantly. Things are looking much better, hope it keeps up.

8/13/12 - Things still looking good, updating review to reflect that fact. Had some billing issues, but all worked out, but spent another hour on the phone to fix it.

11/30/12 - Screwed up billing again for October and November, overcharged by $20 per month. Spent 20 minutes on hold, 30 minutes total.

Check my connection in the monitor group for Suddenlink at »/testhistory?v ··· ?view=83 with the DSLreports speedtests shown. Here is a link to the Speedtest.net page showing the recent results »www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh ··· db&ria=0

12/24/2012 - No internet service, no phone service, no ETA at call center (thank God for Cellular and Mifi's). Came back that evening.

12/27/2012 - Internet speeds at .3Mbps on 25Mbps connection. Not happy. Called SL, may have been a fire for some building of some company that may have burnt a cable or fiber somewhere, that may be affecting you. Yep, pretty much that vague.

1/3/2013 - Internet and phone out, no estimated time for fix.

3/21/2013 - Been a fairly uneventful time. The service is currently working pretty good for the last couple of months. Some ratings were raised to reflect.

4/1/2013 - Got a bill stating that my bill was past due and threatening termination. What is the past due balance, you may ask? $18.73. Suddenlink once again FAILED to apply the $20 monthly credit. I can't dock tech support/customer service anymore points, it's already at the bottom. Already on a phone hold for 12 minutes (without having spoken to a live person), to inquire about my bill at 12:34 PM on MONDAY April 1, 2013, a non-peak time.

2/28/2014 - Again internet speeds are drawing down to 200-400 Kbps with loss of telephone service. I DO NOT RECOMMEND SUDDENLINK, but very few alternatives available. I have called and we are now treating this as a new problem, EVEN THOUGH the ORDERED node split NEVER occurred.

3/5/2014 - Connection back to expected shape after local management called. Some work at the CMTS was done and the connection has been stable all day, even during peak hours. Thanks to Pete Abel for making this happen.

7/3/2014 - Internet and Phone were disconnected at 9:33:59 am 7/1/2014. Why? Apparently non-payment. Balance due? $00.00. Restored service at 12:24 PM on 7/2/2014 and then went down again for 3.5 hours.

8/21/2014 - Found out about previous disconnect order. It was for a DIFFERENT CUSTOMER, OPPS, not even as much as a apology. Phone and internet are now dropping out daily, BOTH modems go completely out of sync. Suddenlink dispatched tech on SUNDAY (8/17/2014) and failed to inform me, just get a knock on the door. Tech also apparently decided not to submit any notes of work done. Connection was stable on Monday (8/18/2014), but dropped on Tuesday, then again on Wednesday and stayed off until Thursday evening. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Comments:
jdmm72

Speed test results from 7/12/12

7/12/2012 20:27 DN 0.81
7/12/2012 20:22 DN 3.9

tech101

@184.21.36.x

not a tech in your area but would like to help

I noticed your post and just wanted to ask a few quick questions
first is the hardline outside your home aerial or underground? did the techs go back through the hardline if so how far have you spoke to any of your neighbors and are they having the same issues you are the times I have ran into this and it not having been a house issue comes down to just a couple things one there's either an area in your main line feeder/trunk with water damage or heavy squirrel chews on it don't know if this helps but it may be a good idea to bring it up to the next tech out

Nitro, WV

Re: not a tech in your area but would like to help

The node was overloaded, and I was forced to use a DOCSIS 2.0 modem because of telephony. They installed a separate DOCSIS 3.0 modem, in addition to the telephony modem, and speed issues are fixed, as I can bond to multiple unused channels.

Flaky service.

Speeds today as of 12/27/2012 are averaging about .30Mbps. Yee Haw, glad I'm paying for 15Mbps internet service and am set up for 25Mbps service.

On 12/24/2012, had a day long outage with no explanation from SL, other than there is an outage.

lvlill3r

@frontiernet.net

Switch to frontier Vdsl or bonded HSI

Switched to Fronter Communcations Bonded 24meg service from seldomlink and my connection has never been better

Review by marcusj3000 See Profile

• Location: Boyce,Rapides,LA
Good "Quick setup!"
Bad "They might start with the Crappy caps"
Overall "Faster than Ma Bell and cheaper too!"
(ratings well above consensus)

Update 24 Dec 2014
Now serving 155 / 15 for speed. They have officially obliterated At&t which is now only focusing on LTE and wireless service. Once again only thing better if fios.

Update 30 July 2014

Now have the 107 speed plan and loving it. Wish 300 was available in my area but it is now just getting a test run in TX. Price is still good for what I get with expensive DSL from At&T available in my area. Can;t ask for anything better other than FIOS.

Update: 21 Oct 2011
Speeds still good and service has only been out once after a storm.

Update 25 September 2009
No problems with the service. The speed keeps increasing which is nice. The price for the top tier is kinda pricey but the alternative is the Deathstar AT&T. DSL speed increase is done since suddenlink has just left At&t behind and U-verse is like a good 5 years away for this area. Overall they have a done a good job . gave up on the digital phone ecuase it takes to long to have it setup so now I have VOIP service thru LINGO with no problems at all.

Update 15 October 2008
I have gotten there service again because I now live in a new home and the speed of DSL just isn't cutting it anymore. DSL is dieing a slow painful death and it can't hold a candle to the speed cable keeps progressing to. They have seemed to have corrected some of their problems and currently is a good buy right now.

UPDATE 03/28/2006
I have switch backed to AT& T. Seems that they are indeed throttling speed and blocking ports now. They are also trying out packet inspection technology. What good is the speed when downloading big files and working from home when thy block ports I need to use, cut the throttle speed and make excuses that they are not. I wish they would sell my area to someone else because it was better when cox was here.

I got a 10 / 768 connection and couldn't be happier since AT&T is raising prices and don't plan on digging out of the grave their DSL service is in. Install was smooth since I already had cable TV thru them, just picked up the modem and boom I was online again. I will be order Digital Phone service form them to finally escape the clutches of the death star. I luv the fact that after I bundle all three I will still be paying less than when I had a landline phone and internet thru bellsouth now the new deathstar.

Comments:

Review by Nyron See Profile

• Location: Charleston,Kanawha,WV
Good "Stable and fast. Cannot ask for much more. "

When Charter brought cable modems to Beckley I was one of the first to obtain one. I can still remember the tune of the shark fin modem, as it often reset letting me know there were problems. That always seemed to be the issue with Charter, when I moved to Teays Valley it was really no different. My connection would drop several times a week. This led me away from Charter and I had dsl for a few years.

I have been back with Suddenlink for about 6-7 years now and overall I am very pleased. Their internet has typically been rock solid. Their speeds are fast, especially for WV which is an infrastructure and investment nightmare. They are getting ready to increase speeds, despite not really having any competition (DSL is pretty much irrelevant in my opinion).

Overall very happy with the internet service. At times, their tech support can be a bit marginal, but they are usually easy to deal with. I highly recommend them.

Comments:

Review by DSMCasey See Profile

• Location: Sanger,Denton,TX
Good "Fastest Net in Town."
Bad "Have had some hiccups over the years with service but they have fixed."
Overall "If you have faster available, get it, if not SL may be perfect for you."

I have been with them over 9 years, back from when before they were suddenlink they were Cebridge connections in my area. Over the years there have been some issues with service such as cut lines, broken equipment (on their end), and things like that which have put my service off for a few days or even a week. However, they have fixed these issues and they are easy to contact on these forums. I also don't care for the data caps at all, but have come to live with them. The caps are 350GB for the highest tier and 250GB for the lower tiers (maybe less). You can now prepay for more bandwidth if you want and that will cost you less than going over and not prepaying.

All in All, they are the fastest in town and the service on these boards is great, the service on the help line not so much though.

Comments:

Review by PGUMBY See Profile

• Location: Leander,Williamson,TX
Good "Service,Speed tech support fixed line issue"
Bad "Cable"
Overall "Not to bad for my area."

Got the 50mb plan. Left U-verse for cable internet. I have only had two issues in 6 months and they were fixed over the phone. Modem got kicked from network.

Also one outage overnight a few months ago. I left Time Warner 14yrs ago and went to Directv for tv (still with them). Internet has been any thing or any one I could use (mainly At&t, shutters) since then. I am very pleased with my Suddenlink internet.

Comments:

Review by TurboNerd See Profile

• Location: Clovis,Curry,NM
Good "It works when it works, but if you have any problems at all see the BAD."
Bad "Tech Support Sucks, you have to go other routes to get it fixed like here on DSLReports"
Overall "Don't get any other services other than basic/expanded cable."

3 years for an ongoing phone issue (turned out to be a simple DROP that they refused to replace blaming it on equipment/house wiring for 3 years)
2 months for a recent OVERSOLD/OVERLOADED network issue where they wanted us to supply our own separate piece of equipment.

I couldn't put the real date on DAYS FROM ORDER TO SUCCESS because it only has 3 spaces I need 4.

If you have a working setup COOL for you.
MAKE SURE YOU PAY THE 5 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR UNLIMITED TECH VISITS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. at $50 dollars a visit it did cost us a hundred dollars for them to NOT FIX THE ISSUE.
If you have any problems at all DON'T EXPECT THEM TO FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST, OR SECOND, OR THIRD, OR FOURTH, OR .........(I can give details/threads to explain it all) through normal channels
Normal Channels being local office visits, 1-800 tech support, and field techs.

IT TOOK COMING ON DSLReports.com TO GET SOMEBODY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SLOW INTERNET ISSUE and ONGOING PHONE ISSUES.

Normal Channels wanted us to spend our own money on a DOCSIS 3 modem (we don't have a DOCSIS 3 PLAN) to alleviate the slow internet issue for their OVERLOADED/(OVERSOLD) NETWORK. But DSLReports helped us by getting them to supply us with one.
Normal Channels refused to replace the DROP to the house which was the cause of the ongoing phone issues. It was the help of DSLReports and refusal to let the tech in the house to diagnose/touch anything untill he replaced the drop when he knocked on the door.

SuddenLink should do better TRAINING of their CALL CENTER MONKEYS, as well as the FIELD MONKEYS that come to your house.

I am not a cable tech nor do i profess to being one, but I knew what was wrong but was told countless times that's not the way it works.
I have limited knowledge with INTERNAL cable modems connected to a DOCSIS 1.0 CMTS from my nerd days 12.5 years ago and limited terminology knowledge but that was enough for me to diagnose my own stuff.

IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT DIAGNOSE IT YOURSELF and DEMAND THE TECH DO AS YOU SAY BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THEY JUST SWAP PARTS NOT DIAGNOSE. If they are supposed to diagnose they are just LAZY AT DOING IT. I have never underestimated the LAZINESS OF PEOPLE but it surprises me all the time.

IS SUDDENLINK HIRING, BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE, AND THE COMPANY. NOT JUST THE PAYCHECK AND BOTTOM LINE.
I TEACH THE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS THE SAME THINGS. MAYBE THEY CAN HELP YOU OUT.
HATE THE EMPLOYEES THAT CLOCK OUT AND NOT THINK ABOUT THE JOB BECAUSE THEY KEEP THEIR PERSONAL TIME PERSONAL, WORK TIME WORK.
A GOOD EMPLOYEE & GOOD COMPANY DOES/ALLOWS FOR BOTH.

TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES TO CARE, OR FIRE THEM & STOP HIRING MONKEYS.

PRE-SALES INFORMATION, All i want is a listing of your services and prices (regular menu price not introductory rate) none was available it needed to be entered in the computer and the lady behind the desk refused to go through all of the options. (worst rating)
INSTALL COORDINATION- the trained monkey showed up on time (as expected)
CONNECTION RELIABILITY- works when it works (hopefully you don't need TECH SUPPORT)
TECH SUPPORT- NON EXISTANT, MONKEYS WERN'T TRAINED RIGHT OR EVEN THE SAME WAY (ONE TECH WILL BLAME ANOTHER FOR NOT DOING IT RIGHT AND ON AND ON)
SERVICES-OK when it works (would get better rating if TECH SUPPORT made it work like they should figure out the issue instead of swapping out parts and (its fixed) even though they have been told it's an ongoing frequently intermittent issue)
VALUE FOR THE MONEY- would be better if they knew what they were doing.

Update (now I have the ability now)
Fall 1014
Unable to update (though comments are still locked.
Moldy pickle it was 24 years when Cox set us up and was unable to give a date they turned it on.
(Others)
I hate the fact I had to come here to resolve issues. But am glad the Suddenlink employees HERE were able to give us knowledge what's happening and when issues will be handled.
It took a while but be rest assured (knowing you are already here to read this) the representatives/techs here will resolve your issues.
Being here gets the ball rolling at least and I am now confident they will strive to keep the momentum rolling on that ball.

Speed resolution was stop gapped (going from 1 channel to 4) in spring 2013. But January 1014 issues returned appropriate information was given they resolved issues for now.
Hopefully they can be proactive instead of reactive from now on, but who knows what will happen next year concerning issues but I know where to go to get the issue resolved from now on and visiting this forum you got your ball rolling.

Dave Gillis (Sr. Vp of southwest operations) informed me that the comment Trained monkeys was a racist comment to the African American community. Not being racist (and not understanding those who are) my ignorance caused others to feel that way. And I give my apologies to all whom were offended.

Will update scores appropriately after 1 year time has passed with no issues with service past the residential end of the drop. Example in home wiring or equipment we own (cable modem belongs to suddenlink)

Comments:

moldypickle
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

That's time to live, as in, how long did it take from the day your ordered to the day they showed up to hook it up
totalradio

join:2007-09-15
·Windstream

Not surprising...

Suddenlink used to have their trolls on here as well, led by the SVP Pete Abel. I don't know of anyone they've helped with their internet (or TV) problems, except to make them worse. When I had them, they got one shot to fix my internet & TV problems a few years ago, and they failed miserably. I promptly got rid of them, encouraged other to get rid of them (which most did) and I haven't looked back since. Got AT&T DSL for internet and Dish for TV. Been very happy ever since.

I feel your pain. Suddenlink is as clueless as politicians.

abnormal69

join:2003-04-19
Branson, MO

Re: Not surprising...

I was having issues with my internet and after several calls to support, I gave up. I contacted Pete Abel on here, and my problems were resolved within a few days surprisingly. Kudos to Pete on my end.

Review by disapointed See Profile

• Location: Athens,Henderson,TX
Good "nothing"
Bad "everything"
Overall "tech support = insulting"

I may go ahead and switch to DSL soon, purely out of spite. I've had to do all the tech support for myself, exceeding the results they said were possible. Tech support with this company is non-existent, and they seem to revel in providing insults instead of answers. You'll rarely get anything but a script on the phone or copypasta online.

Comments:
Jowmu

join:2009-05-04
Lubbock, TX

vague post

well...ok. whatever

adam

@75.108.57.x

yep

it's because they have such a hostile work environment that turnover is absolutely ridiculous. Everyone who's lived in Tyler has worked at that place at some point, including myself. They want you to stay on edge constantly. Half of the CSR's have probably worked there for less than a couple of months. Their training is piss poor also.