Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by monster87 See Profile

• Location: Royse City,Rockwall,TX
Good "In the beginning, they were a fundamentally a good cable isp. Since 2011, they've gone downhill, and have now reached bottom"
Bad "DATA CAPS (Ridiculous!); My bill has jumped from $77 to $120 because I went over the friggin data cap"
Overall "My internet is spotty, and there really is no difference in the speeds. The only reason I have their top package is the cap."

Avoid this company like the plague. They jacked the over the cap fee from $5 per 50mb to something much higher without any meaningful notification.

Comments:

Review by dougl2013 See Profile

• Location: Olathe,Johnson,KS
Good "Not much lately."
Bad "The recent addition of Internet usage limits has caused my monthly bill to quadruple."
Overall "Avoid if possible."

I'm on the 10 Mbit service which is only allotted 250GB of data transfer per month. I'm transferring 2-3 times that amount on a regular basis. My bill this month was $47.95 for the basic service plus another $140 for "Additional Internet Usage". This is an absurd frantic plan to make a boatload of money before I have more Internet service options in my location (right now, there are only two options).

I'm planning to switch to CenturyLink's 10 Mbit service which has no usage limitations. Hopefully the service is decent.

-ddougl

Comments:
SDLashley1

join:2011-07-19

Suddenlink Help

Hi - My name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink, and approved to help customers in this forum (Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents).
If you'll email (ashley@suddenlink.com) or IM me the name on your account, as well as your account address, I'd be happy to see if there are other internet options available to you.

Review by buschman See Profile

• Location: Oak Hill,Fayette,WV
Good "30/2 MB"
Bad "recently pings have doubled and downloads are about half of the 30MB I pay for"
Overall "Line quality tests suggest problem is equinix-dal.suddenlink.net hop"

Upate 02/03/2014

Have been pretty happy since last update, however, for the past couple of weeks, my pings have doubled and download speeds are about half of what I pay for. Started checking to see if problems was on my side of the modem. Ran line quality test and failed 3 of the 5 tests performed. Ran test three days in a row and same results. Low bandwidth 69% loss, medium bandwidth 100% loss, and high bandwidth 100% loss. Further investigation points to equinix-dal.suddenlink.net hop, this hop has shown 17 icmp loss over the last 14 days. Ok suddenlink lets jump in there and solve this problem. I will wait for a fix, if none occurs, I will again revisit and change my review of Suddenlink.

Couple traceroutes from 02/04/20 see at the bottom

Update 09/11/2013
Pretty stable for the last several months, once in a while pings are high and downloads are slow. Received a letter from Suddenlink stating I could upgrade to 50MB/3MB and save money, basically $95.00 per month. I called spent almost an hour on hold. Finally got to speak to a rep. was informed that in my area the highest speed was 30MB/2MB, which I already had. I asked why I was paying over $130.00 a month for less than what the letter stated I could get for $95.00 per month. Rep could not answer that question, however, stated she could give me a discount for the service I was receiving.............. hahahaha discount amounted to less than $2.00 per month. I would likje to see some other service provider come into our area so Suddenlink would have to adjust their over priced service to a more reasonable price.

Update 10/26/2012
Last night during the world series game 2 top of the 2nd inning, cable went out and the internet too. I called and was told that there was an outage and the techs were working to restore service as soon as possible. At 12am still no internet or cable. I got up this morning at 6am and still no internet or cable, so I called again. This time I was told that the techs were performing scheduled maintenance. At 2pm, still no service, I called again and was told this time that there was an outage and techs were working to restore service. About an hour later, I noticed a Suddenlink truck at the house next to mine. I went out and asked the tech if he knew what was going on and explained what happened last night, and today. He smiled and said the phone people should have noticed that this was an isolated outage, about half the people on my street, and the problem was a blown fuse in the amplifier on the street I live on. To say the least I am one pissed of individual, the issue could have been solved last night if the phone people would have done their job instead of saying it was an outage effecting several areas in WV. I have therefore decided to give Suddenlink new rating across the board WORST in all fields! Thank you Suddenlink for causing me to miss the 2nd game of the world series!
Update 7/21/12
Received upgrade from 10/1 to 15/1 no additional cost and for the time being the pings are back to normal, how long it will last is the only question........
Update 07/11/2012
Now, since last night about 8pm I have major packet loss! Downloads of 72 and 60 up! amazing. See attachments below. Packet loss from 60% to 80%

Update 07/09/2012
Had a few months with the pings back to normal, one morning I got on the pc and pings were 20's to 30's, back from 100 to 200, a couple of days ago I noticed the pings were up to 80 to 100, not to bad, but the packet loss of 60 to 80 percent is not acceptable!!

Update 02/13/2012
Well amazingly enough the problems continues..... was told by Suddenlink Tech that I was using all of my bandwidth, so I upgraded to the 20Mb/2Mb package. The only positive about the upgrade is the speeds are great, however, ping and freezing continue to be a major problem. Unable to play online games. I have tried at all hours of the day and night with no changes. I have power cycled both my modem and my router. I have changed all cables from modem to router and pc's, no changes.Ran speed test using the one recommended by Suddenlink techs received the following:
see attachments below

Update 10/25/2011
Well almost two weeks and still the same crap! Suddenlink hops as high as 1200ms, averaging over 70ms!!!!!!!!!!! I was on a server that I usually ping in the low 30's could not move pinging well over 200ms................... really crap! Dial up days are here again!

Update 10/13/2011
Here we go again! For the past week to 10 days, pings are up in the 60's to 70's basically double what they normally are. I have done trace routes, several of them over several days..... the problem seems to be all Suddenlink hops. Hop 7,8,9 (173.219.252.252 ,173.219.252.253,173.219.252.96) pings are averaging well over 60's with spikes as high as 1043ms. This is constant, for as long as I run trace route. SIGH........... SIGH.............. ...........
Update 12/18/2010
The pings have doubled over the past month or so and as far as tech support is concerned, 1. There is no problem with the signal
2. Everything looks good on our end
3.Must be a problem with your pc
I have no options for a different ISP........ stuck with the "NOLINK"

Update 2/19/2011
Pings for the time being are back into the 30's and 40's. The QOS is good.

I have had an on going problem. Tech support has been to my home several times this month. Each and every time they show up, it is the same old story.... everything looks fine. All of my equipment, cable, modem, etc is well within specs, however the problem is at the node you are connected to. It is overloaded! Suddenlink is aware of the problem and they are going to correct the problem around the first of Dec. 2008. I pay for 6MB down, 256MB up. Most of the time I am lucky to get 3MB down..... using Suddenlinks speed/line quality test, the speeds are OK, but the Quality of Service is and I quote, "measured at 42%, which shows that your connection is unable to produce a constant stream of data. This is key to providing a high quality voice-over-ip connection, so sound is likely to be broken."
I have asked that my bill be adjusted accordingly, they, SUDDENLINK took approximately $8.00 off of my bill. Gee $32.00 for a connection that is UNABLE TO PRODUCE A CONSTANT STREAM OF DATA! I guess when you live in an area that only has one cable broadband provider you play by their rules, and pay for what you are not getting! Bottomline Suddenlink is all about the DOLLAR no matter how bad their service SUCKS!
Oh and by the way, the techs that have been to my home all have stated that the problem is not in my home, it is in the mainline/node.One of them also stated that and again I will quote, "Suddenlink will probably send someone out with a laptop to test your connection. They always assume that it is the customers PC!" No one has showed up, nor have I been contacted by anyone from Suddenlink, even though, I have asked for further assistance.

Update 12/15/08 I received an email from Pete Abel concerning my problem. I replied to his email and the next day I received a call from the local Head Tech. He assured me that they were aware of the problem and its cause. OK so I am thinking this will be an ongoing issue...... I was shocked OMG within a week, I noticed that my pings were down to near what they were a few months ago. After about a week of new improved pings/download speeds, the only issue that I can see is, QUALITY of Service. I only average about 60 to 65%, does not matter what time of day I test either. I am hoping that whatever the issue causing this low QoS will be fixed soon. I have renewed hope in Suddenlink....... not counting the chickens yet but I am again able to play online with a respectable ping! For the moment!

The free upgrade in speed is nice. The latency seems to be improving, or I am getting used to it. I purchased another router, installed it today. I did not expect big changes, however, I have seen a slight improvement...... hopefully things will continue to improve, or at least remain stable!

member for 13.4 years, 1363 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

sslitherr1

@npgco.com

you must be from flagstaff

I've had the same issues, starting only this week, after nearly 10 months with flawless service... now this... modem resetting every 20m - 2hrs, unable to keep my "minecraft server" up (it's based on my desktop), unable to watch youtube videos OR do FB games as they keep losing connection, ie timing out.

I've attempted calling the Reps here, and they told me they weren't even going to try to help and that I should call Corporate... bunch of BS if you ask me

Hello

I'd love to help troubleshoot this problem. Please provide me with a few traces and be sure to include the source and destination IP's along with your cable modem's MAC address.

Re: Hello

Here are a few tracert's My pc is 192.168.0.166, destination ip is 68.232.183.46 MAC address is 90:e6:ba:c5:aa:f8. as you can see the problem seems to be 173.219.252.96, a suddenlink hop.

·Suddenlink
Here are a few trace rts. from yesterday.

Oak Hill, WV
I have sent several tracert to you. Have you have any luck figuring out what has happened?

Re: Hello

Hello Buschman, I have not received any trace routes from you. I have only seen the ones you posted above that show 60ms latency to your gaming server. As I mentioned in the last PM, please send me a trace route of the problem when you are experiencing high latency to your gaming server such as when you see it at 200 ms. As soon as I receive a trace-route showing high latency to the destination I will be able to work on isolating the cause of it.

quaizar

@suddenlink.net

gaming

I am glad to see I am not the only one, my internet has been extremely laggy. I called they say all my levels are fine, then I ask them to check my disconnect rate and it is well into 2000 when it should be 100. I have had two techs come out, one of them advised me it was a problem with "noise" on the lines in the area and that they (suddenlink) are aware of the issue. However that was two weeks ago and no resolution. I talked with a supervisor who had no idea about the "known issue" and said he'll get back to me. This is extremely frustrating for me as I do game, stream, skype etc all the things you will notice the issue with. Glad to know I am not the only one. But I am not at all satisfied that I am paying full price for an issue that is over a month old now.

Re: gaming

I feel your pain! A tech on this site from Suddenlink advised me that I was using all of my bandwidth. So I called tech support, they scheduled an appoint for a local tech to come out and check my internet. Needless to say, he found no problems and told me he would have his supervisor call me. NO ONE CALLED! I was given a number to the tech support in WV. I have called this number it always goes to voice mail, and NO ONE HAS RETURNED my calls. The tech that was helping me on this site has also never replied to my last post. I feel like no one at Suddenlink cares about their customers. All they seem to care about is getting paid! I am going to re-review Suddenlink, and give them the type of review which seems to suit my current PROBLEM! I have no ohter options for an ISP, Suddenlink is the only one in my area. CENTURY come to WV!!!!
I need ISP relief! Oh by the way, I asked if Suddenlink could up my bandwidth to see if that would help my situation, since the Suddenlink rep on this site said that I was using all of my bandwidth. The phone tech said no problem. he bumped it up to 15/1. No change. He also said that my ip address would change, but it did not and he was very concerned. That is the main reason why he had a tech come out to my house. He thought that my modem was bad or going bad. As I stated the tech that came out found no problems.

Re: gaming

SDL L3Tech is in the best position to help you. See his last comment here: »Re: Hello.

Tyler, TX
Hello again buschman. As I requested before, please send me a traceroute of the problem when you are experiencing it. The traces you posted above all show around 60ms latency to the IP you traced to and show no problems.

Another tool that would be very helpful in isolating the problem is PingPlotter. Start it up, set it to trace to your gaming server, run it in the back ground, and send me the results (sample set or image) after you notice 200 ms latency to the gaming server.

hello,
I have one from last night, and I will look into pingplotter.

Re: gaming

PingPlotter would be great. If you could run it for the next 24 and email it to me (through dslreports) it would greatly help.

Looking at the trace above, 173.219.252.96 (50ms) is the edge of the Suddenlink network. The latency sky rockets above 400ms between our peer and their peer with nLayer.

Also, please PM me your current IP address just in case it changed. (»whatismyip.com).
vunyphan

join:2012-07-12
Leander, TX

Leander TX-SuddenLink Lower the speed on customer.

Hi all..
I have suddenlink, 20Mb. down paid $74.00 / month.. which for the last two years I was getting 50Mbs average out to 5MB to 6MB downloads.

Two days ago , Suddenlink provision their hardware. I called in they claims that I'm getting 30Mb upgrades from my current 20Mb service I paid..

Why Suddenlnk would want to LIE to their customers and claim they giving you the 10Mb free?? which is not true.

The last two years. in Leander, TX 78641.. they offers 107Mb and 20 Mbs. No 50Mb.

I had a tech came out today. which said that they will offers the 50Mb.. which is BS for suddenlink to LIE to their
customer and lower speed..

It's not right.. to lower the current customer speeds.. since they wants more money.. and LIE to customer claims that
I"m getting 10Mb.. for FREE???.. which IM NOT.

Tech support on line some of them.. dont know jack..
1 guy say . .that my motorola sb 6120.. was bad.. need replaced.. when I know it the provision they did.. on the account..

The ping was 288, 300, 400.. millisecond..
Today it is stable now.. at 30Mb down. .but the upload is screw up at less than a MB..

Very disappointed. customer..
from a loyal customer.. that switch from ATT Uverse.

Vu Phan

abnormal69

join:2003-04-19
Hollister, MO

Re: Leander TX-SuddenLink Lower the speed on customer.

What?

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

lol

actually love it man! miss a baseball game on tv, world ends!!!!!! LMAO

Review by Pcain See Profile

• Location: Jonesboro,Craighead,AR
Good "The internet is great for gaming , and stuff like that."
Bad "The cable is horrible I pay rite at $200 a month for a less than basic package"
Overall "Internet good , cable is horrible!!!!!"

I live in Jonesboro Arkansas and suddenlink is the only cable company here which is unfortunate because their cable sucks . I pay rite at $200 a month for their less than basic service that's not including the internet which is another$50 . I have only been with them for about 3 months now , but have come to the conclusion that I will keep the internet and ditch the cable and just get direct tv.

Comments:

Review by Moy2006 See Profile

• Location: Neosho,Newton,MO
Good "Last repairs seemed to have helped for a while."
Bad "If i continue holding this service for as long as i had bad service ill finally be satisfied with this service."
Overall "service improved for a couple months."

Ive given up ever getting promised services from suddenlink. We pay for 15mb and usually get much less. 6 is pretty common today its running around 1-3 mb.
»www.speedtest.net/result/2807399799.png
Weve had numerous techs at our house off and on over a year and a half. They always come in spend like an hour saying its in the house when they finish it never is. DUH i have all new equipment computers, modem docsis3, router ect. I even bought new ethernet cat 6 cables. Usually they go out to the box tweak and rebalance the signals 8 of 10 times this helps for a couple hours then it drops off again. 1 tech finally admited after a few times of coming out the network is overworked. He also said with our pings going from 12 -200 sometimes its a software port issue on there end. Ok cool Lee Mott a supervisor said they would get that fixed. Apparently they never have as months later still having the problems and have just given up on calling to get the same crap run around. The service is junk so i just make sure i let everyone know i come across if you have another option go with it. I just came across this site tonight so i emailed the HQ rep thats posting on here i dont expect it will accomplish anything as ive been through the hoops for over a year and still have issues.

Heres another speedtest run at the end of this posting just for the heck of it.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2807406569.png

07\03 update i have to eat my words a bit on here now. After posting this and emailing SL's Corp guy i was contacted and my problems are now fixed. Apparently at my wits end when i posted on here they infact had a guy out working on all the hardlines etc this weekend. He was at our house today and i have to say we are now running very well.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/2814670457

I was shocked at such a fast response and from higher up than the local office. Also this Tech Terry isnt the standard level 1 tech that usually comes out hes pretty knowledgeable. If this services holds up i will gladly up my ratings as well.

Update 07/10/13

Whatever The last tech did hes really fixed up the system. We are so far having the best service weve ever had. Still holding good speeds not even waivering a bit.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/2827652984

UPDATE 07/31/2013

Well service is still doing extremely well. I had 1 day with a couple small service outages for a couple hours. Other than that 1 day services have been better than every averaging 15mbp d/l and 1.5mbp u/l. Pretty pleased.

UPDATE 10/26/13

Well service is starting to take a crap again. As i figured it would last few nights knocked off around 7pm or so constantly.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3059712644

UPDATE 11/29/13

Service is just about as bad as can be again. D/L speed flys and so does U/L speed. The connection keeps dropping constantly nothing the techs did the last few times they have come out has done any good. Tonight the speed for U/L keeps dropping out as low as .03mbs Which is causing the stream to die and be unusable for pretty much anything but email. Essentially the problem is stability not speed. Its fast but just wont hold.

UPDATE 12/15/13

Stability has improved upto about 85% stable now after some hardline repairs were made for holes in the lines and water getting in the lines. So lets see that makes us upto 3 solid months of good performance followed by a month and a half of crap. Still not overly impressed by these figures. I am happy that complaining on here actually seems to gain some help. Calling locally then regionally or whatever they call it is pretty useless. It seems Pete Abel does actually help get results. If the Equipment would just hold up for more than 3 months at a time we could really get somewhere.

1/1/14

Stability issues are still hanging around. Apparently we must still be having hardline break issues. This weekend we experienced about 12-15 disconnects total id guess. Usually the outage lasts about 30 seconds and reboots the modem then works for a couple hours till the next drop out. Things are better but still not what they should be. Local business were effected as well for a while not sure now if they are i havent talked to anyone about it. Overall still disappointed that these issues just keep happening it really boggles my mind.

Comments:

linicx
Caveat Emptor
join:2002-12-03
United State
·TracFone Wireless

I hate to say this

Suddenlink is the brainchild of a NJ second tier cable company that created a new company. brought it to Missouri and then bought out Cox small and medium markets like Carthage. The last I time was in the office I took a brochure home and read the fine print where it stated their speed s X times faster than dial-up. It also states the defacto dial-up speed is a 28.8 modem. It is something I have not had since the early 1990s. By '99 I was in a 56k pulling 48 or better. A year later i was in Carthage on the local cable Internet which sold to Cox and ruined an exceptionally good service. Cox had its troubles and sold to the newly formed Suddenlink which was a disaster. I took the SL modem back and walked across the street and picked up an AT&T modem and stopped having issues.

These companies do not care about rural America. I have a second tier phone company that is no better than SL - until the state commerce commission stepped in. You should check on your state level and see if you have Commerce Commission or Public Utilities Commission. If you do chat with them. You can use company PR and posturing to your advantage; after all, they are the ones who put in print. Good luck, and by the way the folks across the border in Grove, OK have the same problems as you do. My cousin lives there; she switched to AT&T, too.
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside
Moy2006

join:2013-06-30
Neosho, MO

Re: I hate to say this

I would love to have ATT for internet however i live in a 10 year old housing tract. Zoning etc and equipment all stop just shy of my street maybe 2 streets over. The last houses built were just barely close enough for the service. They claim (ATT) its not worth the cost investment for a small neighborhood to expand. They probably are correct. However if enough towns people will bug them about it they might expand. Unrealistic at best. So for now its 56k dialup with a company out of grandby which usually only yielded 28.8k believe it or not, or SL.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
join:2002-12-03
United State
·TracFone Wireless

Re: I hate to say this

Moy, I believe you. It was Cox who wrote "28.8 is the defacto standard" in the brochure before SL first used it. Maybe Grandby is not such a bad deal because you still have a POTS line that works when VoIP type phones and cell phones are dead.

AT&T can't expand into your neighborhood. Who serves what in your area is not only defined by physical boundaries, it's complicated by contracts with the State of Missouri and also with contracts with her counties, and her cities. After you've waded through reams of public legal documents you may learn that your rights thereof, as a citizen living at a particular address, in a specific place, in the state of Missouri, is wrapped in a 100 year Agreement with a group or company you never heard of before.

The only solution to your kind of situation is DISH or to move. I've been on Cox, SL, AT&T, Comcast, SWB, CL, WISP, VoIP, Vonage and others. Most are not very good in smaller rural areas like we live in. AT&T seems to work best in the small towns in SW Missouri and NE Oklahoma where there is a local phone office.
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Kathy Bishop

@suddenlink.net

Service Call

The service Fellow, Daniel Rush, was early for the appointment, he was very helpful with information and fixed our problem quickly and efficiently. We couldn't be more pleased. thank you so much!

With Suddenlink

Moy2006 -- by IM or email (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) please remind me of the name and address on the account and I'll follow-up with senior managers for that area. Recall that I'm vetted to help customers in this forum (»Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents).

Review by p_bewley See Profile

• Location: Lufkin,Angelina,TX
Good "WHEN it works, internet is fast, cable is clear"
Bad "Internet quality is erratic, modem drops frequently, very high packet loss rate. Even cable TV is affected at times"
Overall "Absolute worst service. "

*** UPDATE 12/18/2013 ***

Still have not heard anything on any type of compensation for such atrocious service.
Techs came and installed SECOND modem, so have 2 running side-by-side. Service continues to degrade.
Paying for 30mbps service (approximately 3MB/ps) - latency has continued to degrade, where now it's at 1000-3000 ms. So the activities I enjoy are now pointless.
Download speeds are normally at 512k (less than 1/6th contracted speed). Sometimes it goes up to the speed it's SUPPOSED to be, but normally between 512k and 1500k.

*** UPDATE 12/3/2013 ***

I regret to say that the issues STILL continue to this day. While for long periods, it is improved over the original post, I still have days where I am repeatedly (dozens of times) am disconnected. Streamed shows 'die', online services terminate and log out, and latency is still rather horrible. Packet losses still continue at high percentages (some days, monitored links average 50% or higher)

The local manager asked me to continue assisting them by monitoring and reporting, yet I still see no REAL improvement.
I have done so, donating my own time and efforts, yet it all seems pointless. And, even with the recent request for some form of recompense for the absurd amounts paid for completely unreliable services, I've yet to hear a response or see any attempts to 'make things right'.

So much for the grand claims as advertised!!!

My suggestion? Well, as there is no competition in the local area, as the FEW alternatives are worse (or far more expensive).... Satellite for your TV, and perhaps your cell phone for data.

*** UPDATE***

Things have greatly improved since the original post. While there are still disconnects (5 last night), they have dropped drastically in frequency.

It seems they called in some help, and had to 'scrub' the node I'm on. Previously, they believed it to be the 'best of their nodes', and stated that I was the only person who had voiced a complaint about the quality of service (???). Later I heard that they found numerous issues that they had resolved (client end termination, faulty equipment, etc.).

While I am pleased at the resolution, I fear I must stay with the original expression of great disappointment that it took over 4 months of complaints, and then escalating it to forums such as this before it was taken seriously and things REALLY started to happen. Essentially, having to get the attention of Vice Presidents of the company to make it happen.

I've updated my rating points, and moved them up a few notches. Started with Suddenlink in middle of May. Internet was sometimes flaky, but wasn't too upset at the time as it was a step up from previous satellite service. Thought the loss of connection was due to services I was connected to, didn't really consider ISP at fault for a while.

Connected Cable TV service - yet another $40 connection fee.
Very soon afterward (within a week), local competition (cable company) offered WAIVED connection fees, PLUS $100 pre-paid Visa card.

Began contacting technical support as early as July. Nothing was taken seriously (finger pointing at my equipment, apartment complex's cable portion of responsibility, etc.) until I finally dug and found a local RVP contact email address. THEN I was put in contact with the local Manager, and it seemed things were finally going to progress.
That was September 18. STILL have cable TV cut-out, poor picture quality at times, and internet is still unreliable.

I pay for the 30MB internet package, as it is what Suddenlink recommended for my level of activity (browsing, streaming, online gaming, etc.) - but I certainly am not receiving the quality of service to allow for those activities.

Worst of all this is: "Oh, we're sorry you're having issues with your internet/TV" And absolutely no offer to compensate for the lack of reliable and/or quality service as touted on their website.

Comments:
Pete Abel

With Suddenlink

I'm at Suddenlink HQ, report directly to the CEO, and am vetted to help customers in this forum (»Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents). If you're willing, please email me (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) with the name and address on your account, and I'll work with my colleagues to address the issues you're experiencing.

Review by worldtruth See Profile

• Location: Pflugerville,Travis,TX
Good "Connection semi-consistent"
Bad "Bandwidth limitations, high prices, horrible customer service, hidden and annoying charges"
Overall "Use any other provider. This is a very poorly ran organization with horrible customer service and high prices."

10/21/13 As the Owner of multiple social networks I find the service and professionalism at Suddenlink to be amidst the worst I have experienced. On today's date I contacted them during the brief hours of availability I have to pay them more money for more services, and was refused, and told I needed to pay them more money just to pay them more money. How absurd does that sound? Let me elaborate. For over six months in the past I have used their 107mbps, and also had an additional line of 3mbps setup at my home as well as other services. I then downgraded due to the slow time of year for my networks to 15mbps. I called today, spoke with William at ext. 4063 in the Tyler, TX Call Center who told me to upgrade to a service that is available, I needed to pay them a $50 service fee to have a technician come out and verify my line speed would allow the 50mbps. I explained numerous times that the lines are brand new, and I've used 110mbps at my home for a half year with no issues. He still stated I needed to pay the money and take off time from my job that I work 70-80 hours a week at, or my wife to be home during business hours to pay someone to tell us something we already know, because it's *policy.* I then asked for his Supervisor, to which he explained that there is no one else I can talk to, and he was as high as I could go, although he did state his Supervisor was Mr. Garza, but he ***refuses*** to speak to customers, has no phone number or email. This is the level of customer service I received from this so-called "You're Connected..." jingle of a company. This is pitiful, absurd, and absolutely a horrible experience. For this reason I will be cancelling my Suddenlink service, setting up another Broadband provider, and I will also share my story with the entire housing division I live in, leave as many reviews as possible regarding this horrible experience, and articulate to every single social network I own with over 2.5 million members this very experience. You should be much more wise regarding the treatment of your customers, as well as your so-called *policies,* as this was very unfortunate for everyone.

Comments:
Pete Abel

At Suddenlink HQ

I'm with Suddenlink, report directly to the CEO, and am vetted to help customers in this forum: »Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents. I apologize for the way you were treated. If you're willing to give us a second chance, please send me an IM (through this forum) or email (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) with the name and address on the account. I'll follow up with my colleagues and work to make this right.

Review by azbuddy See Profile

• Location: Colcord,Raleigh,WV
Good "Customer Service - polite"
Bad "Quality of the Technicans, some are clueless, in a hurry to get to the next customer without making sure work is completed "
Overall "Wish I had other options - any option"

Purchased late last year... Full package consists of cable, internet and phone w/ 2 TiVo receivers. Purchased 40/2 $49.99 mo. Never received the speed I was paying for. Down graded to 15/2 39. Install was a mess, tried to use existing line (pole to home) that was 30+ yrs old. Had to rewire everything. It took 4 visits and 3+weeks to correct. Could not get their wireless router to work. Wireless speed was 2/.5 ? Ended up using my own wireless router.

Speeds are extremely Slow today, TiVo has had error 133 again, basically the internet speed cannot support my Tivo's and internet activity. This is because speeds are 4500/425... really. I guess i'll call tomorrow.

Comments:
Pete Abel

With Suddenlink

I'm vetted to help customers in this forum (»Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents). I wasn't sure from your review if you are still experiencing issues. If you are, please email me (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) with the name and address on the account, and I'll work with my colleagues to help resolve.

Review by kduke1977 See Profile

• Location: Melissa,Collin,TX
Good "nothing"
Bad "Products and Customer service "
Overall "Avoid at all costs"

I had a very bad experience with the customer service and the products that they are offering is terrible. My cable modem stopped working on the outlet up stairs so I had to move it into the master closet where the wifi signal is so weak it’s hard to connect. Also the DVR recordings freezes and turns into a black screen 10 min into the recordings. And the HD recover doesn’t work at all. So when I made my call into customer service I asked to escalate my serves call for the next day. And after talking to a supervisor, he assured me that a tech would be out the next day between 12-4pm. Well I waited till 6 o’clock the next day and called back. The service call was set up for two days later between 1-5pm. I was lied to by a supervisor of all people. I told the lady when I called back to cancel the 1-5 appointment because no one would be home at that time. And when I asked if I could drop off the equipment at an office or does someone have to come out and get the equipment for a disconnect. She said two words…… “One moment” and transferred me to another department that wasn’t even open at the time. I’ve only had the services for 7 months and this is the 3rd issue I’ve had. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me. As soon as I can get AT&T and DIRECTV out I’m dropping these liars.

Comments:

abnormal69

join:2003-04-19
Hollister, MO

In Home

Kind of sounds like you may be having issues inside the home. If you say an outlet stopped working, maybe you need to get it fixed?

Re: In Home

It could be the outlet but I think it’s something on the outside line. I’m a former installer and repair tech for Comcast and Grande Communications. I tried everything I could do to fix it. And the CATV picture is just fine off the same outlet. The only thing I didn’t have is a cable meter to check my SNR levels. Also the other HD box won’t even power up, and the DVR receiver is hosed. If it’s a bad outlet I’m ok with that, I’ll pay to have it fixed. I just don’t like being lied to.

Re: In Home

I apologize for the problems and completely understand your frustration. I'm one of the authorized Suddenlink reps in this forum (»Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents). If you're willing to either IM me through this forum -- or email me directly (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) -- I'll escalate this matter to the attention of the senior manager responsible for your area.

Re: In Home

No thank you. I’ve have AT&T coming out this week and DIRECTV set up for next Friday. But I’ll tell you something funny. When I called in, I was working with a gentleman named Clint. And when I asked to escalate my issues to a supervisor, he transferred me to a gentleman with the first name of Abel or Abil. I’m didn’t ask him how to spell it. I just find it ironic that two people with the same or similar name is trying to help me. Any ways thank you for trying to reach out to me on this forum, But I already have the wheels in motion to fix my issue.

Re: In Home

Understood. If you change your mind -- or decide to try Suddenlink again later -- let me know. Best of luck to you.

Re: In Home

Will do, thanks again for reaching out.

Review by fox091 See Profile

• Location: Seth,Boone,WV
Good "Almost never fully lose internet or TV."
Bad "Often times get <2 Mbps while paying for 30 Mbps."
Overall "Pretty much always have internet access, but the speeds are not constant."

We pay for 30Mbps Down and 2 Mbps Up (I know, only 2 Mbps!). I have actually never seen the speeds reach 30 Mbps on the Download side, but the upload is always about 2.11-2.13 Mbps. Here is an example of a good speed test that I just did. »www.speedtest.net/result/2806736378.png

Often times, sometimes as much as 1-3 times a week, the download speeds will drop to a pitiful 1-3 Mbps. This could last a couple hours or a couple days. This gets very frustrating very fast as I am a gamer and always downloading games, files, music, programs, and many other things. When the speeds are up to their normal values like the above picture, I can download an MP3 in a matter of seconds. When the speeds drop super low, it can take as much as 1-2 minutes for a single 7mb MP3.

We have no problems with the cable itself, in fact it works perfectly.

I would love to get the 50Mbps upgrade for our internet connection, but I'm afraid we will never even see close to 35Mbps. Also, the price would be horrendous for 50Mbps. I am not entirely sure why the speeds suffer like they have been doing, but they definitely need some work.

Comments:
Moy2006

join:2013-06-30
Neosho, MO

Amazing

Oh heres a current speed test i just ran.
»www.speedtest.net/result/2807392191.png

Oak Hill, WV

could be a server issue where you tested

you may want to try different servers to test your speed.

With Suddenlink

I'm authorized to help customers in this forum (»Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents) and would be happy to look into this for you with my local colleagues. You can contact me by IM (through this forum) or email (pete.abel@suddenlink.com).