Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by dd31879 See Profile

• Location: Boyce,Rapides,LA
Good "The service is fast when it works"
Bad "The reliability of the service is terrible along with the support"
Overall "I use it because its the only service available aside from slow satellite services."

I always have issues with packet loss, latency, and incorrect speeds. The customer support will always blame the customer (me) as having something wrong. My modem was replaced less then a 6 months ago for similar issues and ALL of the lines inside and outside my house have been replaced. The technicians never find anything wrong on my end to explain the service problems and yet they continue to send technicians out or do nothing to improve the situation by finding the cause.

member for 1.5 years, 34 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by acourtesy20 See Profile

• Location: Ruston,Lincoln,LA
Good "Fast speeds."
Bad "Data Cap. Terrible Customer service."
Overall "I pay for whats available. I would rather have Comcast over them and that says alot."

Let's talk about data caps.

I spoke one of their reps. She said this and I quote.

"We're allotted so much data from the government, leasing out a certain amount of bandwidth per customer". I was livid. I've gone over my data cap every single month. 600gb one month, 400 one month - I wasnt home half of it and now this month its at 500Gb. Once again I gave their nice poor representative a phone call. Poor girl. I'm one of those cord cutters, I only use internet. That is all I will ever need. What about NFL gold ticket, sir? Screw it. Internet. I pay for Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu for a reason. I'm not going to give you another dime Suddenlink. I will go to DSL before I choose to pay you anymore money. Make me happy.

You would think the richest company in Louisiana would try to benefit it's customers.

Update: 9/15/2014

Bill was 95 dollars this month because of data cap. I have since disconnected service from their company. AT&T Dsl right now. Their service is terrible but no data caps. Why must I hate a company so bad to make me change to a different ISP? I was perfectly fine with your company until I disconnected because of your insane overage charges. SCREW YOU!

Comments:
Uplinkpro

join:2008-02-11
Lake Charles, LA

If

If they really did say that, that's a news story right there cause there is no government mandated allowance.
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
·Vonage

Dumb-asses.....

Dumbass got her data and IP address mixed up.. God help you.. These fools are a internet provider...

·Windstream

AT&T

acourtesy20...

Just up U.S. 167 from you in El Dorado. I will be going back to AT&T, as we have the same providers you do. Suddenlink is nothing but a joke. AT&T does have caps, but not enforcing them because they just can't get the metering right. Seems AT&T announced data caps some 4-5 years ago, and has never been enforced.

AT&T to me is a better product, simply because I don't need speed, I need reliability. Suddenlink isn't reliable at all, where AT&T is. Before I moved out of El Dorado, I had AT&T DSL for 12 years. Only 3 shutdowns in that period of time, only one of them lasted 24 hours. As I'm moving back to El Dorado, I'll get my AT&T DSL back.

Review by Al3sinth See Profile

• Location: Charleston,Kanawha,WV
Good "Speed, Latency looking better"
Bad "CAPS"
Overall "No caps was the best thing going for them.."

Charter used to own the area I live in, and while their upload was bad as well their Latency wasn't. Since Suddenlink bought the area my latency went up from 20-50 ms higher when it's at the lowest... I am on the 6mb package with the super fast 256k upload! The 6mb Download speeds are very nice i usually see every bit of that when downloading. Although It is very easy to saturate my speeds with the upload speed they give me. I play WoW and times that I raid (8-12) my latency shoots up to 300-400+. There are also outages pretty much every night for about 20-30min, and its not just me cause a friend 2 blocks away also gets the same problems as I do. I really wish Verizon would help me out here and push to get a faster DSL line to me or better yet start working on hooking the state or major areas with FIOS. Verizon is really on the ball another friend a block away has DSL and his latency is 30ms less then mine when I'm at my lowest......

EDIT: Within the last month or so I've noticing that I am being throttled when using the Bit Torrent Protocol. Whether it be WoW Patches or p2p.

Update (1-15-09) Sadly I'm still with suddenlink and stuck with horrid latency. I'm pretty big on gaming and when i see my buds a couple blocks away on verizon dsl getting 5-20ms on servers while im hitting 100+ it gets to me. I can't get below 400-500ms when playing wow at night while a fellow guild member using suddenlink about 15miles from here stays at about 100ms. I can get 12mb now but i refuse to pay their $70 service fee"run a speed test" to come out and check my lines. I would love to get it but that's not gonna fix my latency which is the big issue for me.

Update (1-16-09) After Pete contacted me he had trucks rollin out within a few hours to my house. I was greeted by 3 techs who were all very nice. They came in and actually tested the problem i was having and not just pinging or doing tracert and saying nothing is wrong. I loaded up wow and did a netstat to get the ip for them which they ran tracerts to with the router, modem only and using a meter hooking right into the cable drop. They noticed there was some packet loss, and said it was an interesting case. They got all their test and level readings to take back to their engies and headed out. I did some registry tweaks which lowered me about 100ms and, later that night durring the time I usually run 400+ ping i was seeing 120-170ms !!!! I did a tracert to my wow server and all the att routers i hit on the way there that are usually 180+ were at around 100ms. Im very happy right now! Thanks a lot Pete now if only we could raise that upload speed. :P

Update (8/26/09) Suddenlink recently upgraded the tier I'm on to 8/768, and I see every bit of it + some. I constantly get 8500/800. The only bad thing about suddenlink for me now is that we are still routed through DC and Chicago, so any network we try to access even in our own state is much higher then a network that would be near chicago or DC.

Update (12/22/09) Speed update to 10mbit/1mbit went through! Finally at a somewhat decent upload package where upload is 1/10th the download instead of 1/24th. I pull constant 10.75mb down and 1.07mb up. I'm pretty happy and no longer wish for DSL :P Also changed some of the ratings.

Update (07/05/10) Upgraded to the 15/1.5 line and constantly getting around 16.3k/1.5 up . Still paying premium for cable tv service though : /.

Update (07/29/10) Upgraded again to the 20/2 service. Tried out their Docsis 3 modem but I got lower speeds then I did with my 15/1.5 service on my Moto 5101. I had them to switch the mac addy back to my 5101 and hooked it up. Wow I was getting around 32mb down, but only getting around 1.5mb up. My friends and myself who are on suddenlink within a mile of me have been getting terrible latency issues making online gaming and other online applications unplayable. Currently working to get this cleared up.

Update (04/07/12) Saw Suddenlink on the main page saying that they will finish pushing caps to all customers. So I have decided to make it my new mission to avert as many people away from their service as possible when asked who to go with. This is just a way to keep people paying for their awful cable tv and not cut and just go with Hulu or Netflix. I still pay for tv even though I don't watch it much at all, so shouldn't I be exempt from these moronic caps? If this continues I will do away completely with their cable tv and then downgrade from 20Mb/2 to 10MB/1 since its the same cap. This will bring my bill from $165+/mo down to around $45/mo taking a nice $120/mo chunk out of their wallets and back into mine. Hey that's sounding pretty good already. Might end up doing this regardless, so Suddenlink you better sweeten the pot cause your not doing much to keep me around.

Update (09/08/2014) Been lucky running 30/2 on my SB5102 Docsis 2 modem, but I decided to upgrade to the 50/3 last week and had to go pick up a Docsis 3 modem (decided on a SB6120). Speeds are very consistent and I can easily hit 50/3 from all corners of the USA. Still quite unhappy that caps are still in place, but If they promise 1Gbps by 2017 hopefully they will remove them otherwise that kind of speed will be pointless.

scores will remain 0 until the Caps are removed.

member for 11.2 years, 4238 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Breesfan9
join:2007-06-21
Bastrop, LA

RE: Suddenlink Caps

I have also been telling others NOT to go with Suddenlink. And I will continue to do so until we get our credits from NOT getting anywhere near the speeds we have been supposed to get. And they better get busy "ENHANCING" my experience & cut the caps or my family will be going to AT&T. I have already talked one friend into going with AT&T. And I'll continue to make my case to all my friends. And I have discussed this with the rest of my family. After another two months we are going to get rid of the last part of Suddenlink we have. We will be getting rid of their "SHOTTY" internet & moving to AT&T. At least 3-4 is what they offer. And I do know that's what you get. Because I do have many friends that have been with AT&T for awhile. And they get speeds that are advertised. Unlike Suddenlink.
CarribouLou

join:2009-12-08
Kingwood, TX

Re: RE: Suddenlink Caps

You're exactly right OP, the worst company in the world at the moment, and until they change the caps. We will keep on fighting. Until they make this right, we will continue. Until they provide the service we are paying them for, we will prevail.

Re: Suddenlink Caps

kinda hilarious that you would leave suddenlink to go with att over the caps issue. they both have caps!
quietpools

join:2012-04-08
Lakeview, AR

Very poor service, very slow high speed Beware

I signed up for 10mg high speed. Yesterday at 8 p.m. I had 0.06 yep 0.06.... nothing works. Tonight at 7:40 I had 0.07 I complained three times and they said it was "my machine" I took in my speedtests some daily from over a year, no help. I finally had to go to the attorney general then they tested my machine because they are still determined it was my machine. I am an A+ tech... there is nothing wrong with my machine. They finally agreed, their service stinks, and I still don't have high speed, but I did get a discount. Sure helps when you are trying to do an on-line college course test, not.

Review by jbkel3496 See Profile

• Location: Cushing,Payne,OK
Good "Reliable so far, Speeds consistent "
Bad "250GB monthly cap (terrible)"
Overall "A good service except for the low monthly cap"

Not much to say, the service has been reliable since the beginning, and the speeds have been very consistent. The tech that showed up for the install had no idea how to get things running on the computer so I had to do that part. The one thing I dislike about the service is the low monthly cap of 250GB. I have yet to go over because I made and Excel spreadsheet to monitor my usage. It is a real PITA to have to do this. I should just be able to use my connection and not worry about checking my usage each day and updating a spreadsheet. I am not a heavy user but do stream Amazon Instant Video, Pandora, and Spotify regularly. Other than the cap it is a good service.

Update 2/12/2014: My download speeds over the last few nights have been slow. Tonight I am seeing anywhere from 14Mbps to 25Mbps. It's at 14 right now. It was working great since I had it but I am starting to see slow downs.

Update 8/27/2014: It is looking like I may go over my cap this week. It is terrible telling the kid she can't stream something to watch when she is bored or telling the wife that we can't watch a movie for a while because we may go over our cap. In today's day and age of online resources like clouds and streaming among other things we should not have an old cap on our service. Things are progressing and the cap should progress with it. I am not talking about bumping the cap from the 250 to maybe 300 or 350. I think a reasonable cap would be at least 1TB. Is it really that un-doable? The speeds for the most part are consistent. I pay for 30/2, the 2 up is horrible, it should be a the minimum half the down speed. Of course I have no choices here where I live, just Suddenlink and terrible AT&T. Overall I am not happy with the service I have, just happy, I guess, to have a service (making due). By the time anything reasonable comes around I may be too old to care. Would I recommend Suddenlink over the alternative AT&T? I absolutely would, but only because AT&T has lower speed and the lesser of two evils. Thanks.

member for 296 days, 322 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Pete Abel
join:2008-01-15
Saint Louis, MO

with Suddenlink

I'm authorized to help customers in this forum: »Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents. If you'll ping me with name and address on your account, I'd be happy to escalate this to the attention of senior managers in your area.

Review by jdmm72 See Profile

• Location: Nitro,Kanawha,WV
Good "Bill comes regularly. Speed is good right now."
Bad "Bad techinical support. Improper disconnect orders, ongoing speed issues"
Overall "When it works correctly, it is good, WHICH IS SELDOM."

UPDATE:
8/21/2014 - Found out about previous disconnect order. It was for a DIFFERENT CUSTOMER, OPPS, not even as much as a apology. Phone and internet are now dropping out daily, BOTH modems go completely out of sync. Suddenlink dispatched tech on SUNDAY (8/17/2014) and failed to inform me, just get a knock on the door. Tech also apparently decided not to submit any notes of work done. Connection was stable on Monday (8/18/2014), but dropped on Tuesday, then again on Wednesday and stayed off until Thursday evening. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

ORIGINAL REVIEW

If you want reliable speeds, go with DSL. The variation in the connection speed is not present, but neither is the higher speeds of cable.

If you want speed/performance, then SL cable is the choice. The speed does vary, but it still is much faster than DSL on average.

First try 2005: I had Verizon for telephone, Dish Network for TV, and SL for internet (1.5Mbps). Pretty happy with internet service.

When SL offered telephone service, reduced my telephone bill substantially, so I subscribed. A few good months, then....

Frequent phone issues, no dial tone, but still had internet, many customers effected, but stated resolution times of 2 hours often stretched to 12-24+ hours. My wife decided that we would switch to a traditional telco because house alarm didn't work when phone was out. Switched to Verizon ADSL and telephone service. Expensive, but it always worked. After 2 years with Verizon, switched to Fibernet (who was bought by nTelos wireline, and became Lumos) an ILEC, for same service but cheaper (and a static IP address.) Had billing issues with Fibernet (stopped recieving bills, but not late fees.)

Second Chance: June 2011: Switched back to SL for faster internet, and phone. Fibernet ADSL was rated at 3Mbps (honestly got 3.5Mbps), and SL offered 10Mbps. Fibernet ADSL/telephone bundling was $50/mo ($60 after tax and fees), SL was $55/mo ($67 after tax and fees.) All good until...

February 2012, slow speeds, frequent internet and telephone disconnects, and no resolution to problems.

Now it is June 2012, still slow speeds, telephone service is finally stable, but internet is averaging about 3.5Mbps, and goes down to 1Mbps during peak internet hours. Not acceptable.

Had truck rolls in February, 2 in March, and one in April 2012. Cabling has been replaced, outside interface box has been replaced. Cable terminations have been replaced, coupler in attic has been replaced. Was supposed to have one in May, but college finals and graduation were more important. Had appointment set up on June 5, for June 15 that I couldn't make. Technicians have always said the signal to my house is good.

Called yesterday (6/21/2012) and the support agent actually said, "we haven't had a technician to your house in over a month," when arguing that they can't assume a infrastructure issue. So, I'm supposed to have a Suddenlink technician invade the privacy of my house once a month, waste time on the appointment window, and be happy with that.

So, what has been the subject of the blame game? House wiring (techs say my signal is good, and only thing hooked to SL cable is the SL modem, as TV is Dish Network, and SL ran the cable to the attic themselves, then did reuse a cable that goes to a wall plate that originates in the attic), Cisco 851 Router (SLs first troubleshooting step is to remove router, which DOESN'T fix ANY issue, and causes line monitoring to stop), Computer (speed is also slow on our Sony Blu-Ray player, even with computers off), but I've been assured it's not infrastructure on multiple occassions.

My personal assessment is that the infrastructure and equipment is saturated. SL only offers DOCSIS 2.0 telephony modems, which only bind on one channel, whereas DOCSIS 3.0 can bind multiple channels. That is only my assessment though, and I'm a Telco tech, not a cable tech, so take it with a grain of salt.

Evidence to back up my assessment...

From modem event log, 2 recurring messages (These messages make up the majority of the events)
1. No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
2. Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, but no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 timeout

The common factor between these 2 messages. High CMTS utilization. T4 indicates possibly >95% CMTS utilization. Recommended range is 80%

According to »volpefirm.com/docsis-101/docsis1···tenance/,
"A final note, T3 and T4 impairments are always within the DOCSIS network inclusive of the CMTS and cable modems. In fact it is the cable modems themselves that are doing the counting and alerting of T3 and T4 timeouts. This is one time that the IP network behind the CMTS is not to blame for any of these errors. No finger pointing on this one!"

What this says, it's Suddenlink's own DOCSIS network itself, not my network, not the Internet itself. So, it is in Suddenlink's network between their customer premise Cable modem and their CMTS inclusive, nothing on my side.

In a nutshell, they OVERSOLD their network.

6-22-12: Had a tech come out today, replaced the modem, all good for a few hours, now back 1-2Mbps.

7-2-12: Had a "Supervisor" tech come out, and ask about speeds right now at 6:00PM, and when they were alright, he left, telling me to call back when I had a problem.

7-5-12: Down to 5-6Mbps again, still no resolution, and SL only offers to send another tech out. IT'S THE OVERUTILIZED NETWORK!!!!

7-6-12: Checked my bill, I was charged $39.68 for a service call to replace SUDDENLINK's modem, which DID NOT fix the issue, also my internet fees were supposed to be refunded, and that didn't happen either.

7-7-12: Still going down to 1Mbps at night. Contacted tech support AGAIN, they just flat out refused to help, stating that I was being affected by an outage. Sent email to Pete Abel asking for assistance. We'll see.

7/12/12 - 7PM, connection running at about 0.4Mbps (4% of my rated speed) for the rated speed of 10Mbps. WOW!!! Suddenlink supposedly is going to split the node, but was told that it could take months. Serious considering move back to "slower" 3.5Mbps DSL, as 3.5Mbps is still faster than 0.4Mbps on 10Mbps rated cable.

7/13/12 - Back to 1.4Mbps, awesome, so glad I subscribed to 10Mbps.

7/18/12 - WOW Seldomlink upgraded my service to 15Mbps, what is my throughput at 10:00 PM? Oh, between 3-5Mbps. SeldomLink, You rock!!!! Uploaded 2 speedtest imaged (From SeldomLink's own servers).

7/19/12 - So, my speeds have been pretty stable since 6:00PM at 250Kbps. I cannot use my phone and internet at the same time. I either have phone service or internet service, like back in the Dial-up days. Currently I chose to have phone service, because I can tether 3 times faster through my nTelos cell phone than with my cable modem.

7/26/12 - Local tech supervisor came out, installed a DOCSIS 3.0 modem in addition to telephone MTA. Now I am getting rated speeds consistantly. Things are looking much better, hope it keeps up.

8/13/12 - Things still looking good, updating review to reflect that fact. Had some billing issues, but all worked out, but spent another hour on the phone to fix it.

11/30/12 - Screwed up billing again for October and November, overcharged by $20 per month. Spent 20 minutes on hold, 30 minutes total.

Check my connection in the monitor group for Suddenlink at »/testhistory?view=83 with the DSLreports speedtests shown. Here is a link to the Speedtest.net page showing the recent results »www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh···db&ria=0

12/24/2012 - No internet service, no phone service, no ETA at call center (thank God for Cellular and Mifi's). Came back that evening.

12/27/2012 - Internet speeds at .3Mbps on 25Mbps connection. Not happy. Called SL, may have been a fire for some building of some company that may have burnt a cable or fiber somewhere, that may be affecting you. Yep, pretty much that vague.

1/3/2013 - Internet and phone out, no estimated time for fix.

3/21/2013 - Been a fairly uneventful time. The service is currently working pretty good for the last couple of months. Some ratings were raised to reflect.

4/1/2013 - Got a bill stating that my bill was past due and threatening termination. What is the past due balance, you may ask? $18.73. Suddenlink once again FAILED to apply the $20 monthly credit. I can't dock tech support/customer service anymore points, it's already at the bottom. Already on a phone hold for 12 minutes (without having spoken to a live person), to inquire about my bill at 12:34 PM on MONDAY April 1, 2013, a non-peak time.

2/28/2014 - Again internet speeds are drawing down to 200-400 Kbps with loss of telephone service. I DO NOT RECOMMEND SUDDENLINK, but very few alternatives available. I have called and we are now treating this as a new problem, EVEN THOUGH the ORDERED node split NEVER occurred.

3/5/2014 - Connection back to expected shape after local management called. Some work at the CMTS was done and the connection has been stable all day, even during peak hours. Thanks to Pete Abel for making this happen.

7/3/2014 - Internet and Phone were disconnected at 9:33:59 am 7/1/2014. Why? Apparently non-payment. Balance due? $00.00. Restored service at 12:24 PM on 7/2/2014 and then went down again for 3.5 hours.

Comments:
Pete Abel
join:2008-01-15
Saint Louis, MO

Maybe I can help

I'm with Suddenlink at HQ and I'm approved to help customers in this forum (»Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents). If you'll email (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) or IM me the name on the account, I'd be happy to escalate this issue to the attention of senior management for your area.

Argggg!!!

Still drawing down to 5Mbps with no computer but my desktop on the link.

Speed test results from 7/12/12

7/12/2012 20:27 DN 0.81
7/12/2012 20:22 DN 3.9

tech101

@184.21.36.x

not a tech in your area but would like to help

I noticed your post and just wanted to ask a few quick questions
first is the hardline outside your home aerial or underground? did the techs go back through the hardline if so how far have you spoke to any of your neighbors and are they having the same issues you are the times I have ran into this and it not having been a house issue comes down to just a couple things one there's either an area in your main line feeder/trunk with water damage or heavy squirrel chews on it don't know if this helps but it may be a good idea to bring it up to the next tech out

Nitro, WV

Re: not a tech in your area but would like to help

The node was overloaded, and I was forced to use a DOCSIS 2.0 modem because of telephony. They installed a separate DOCSIS 3.0 modem, in addition to the telephony modem, and speed issues are fixed, as I can bond to multiple unused channels.

Flaky service.

Speeds today as of 12/27/2012 are averaging about .30Mbps. Yee Haw, glad I'm paying for 15Mbps internet service and am set up for 25Mbps service.

On 12/24/2012, had a day long outage with no explanation from SL, other than there is an outage.

lvlill3r

@frontiernet.net

Switch to frontier Vdsl or bonded HSI

Switched to Fronter Communcations Bonded 24meg service from seldomlink and my connection has never been better

Review by harrijc3 See Profile

• Location: Spring Hill,Johnson,KS
Good "internet speed is so slow you will struggle to exceed the generous data cap"
Bad "Internet service is unusable from ~4 PM to midnight"
Overall "If you want terrible internet service with data caps call now"

I ordered 20 Mb/s and phone service back in late December of 2013 because Centurylink (the only other option where I live) was not delivering. I was supposed to have phone and internet installed on the same day and someone botched the phone install which did not happen until mid January. I lost internet service for a few days on day 2 after having the service installed. The biggest issue I have with Suddenlink is their inability to deliver the speed I am paying for... it is not even close. Around 3 PM I am lucky to see 6 Mb/s and by 8 PM if I break 1 Mb/s it is a bloody miracle. The worst part? I have been calling them since January trying to get this issue sorted. I have lost count of the number of calls I have made and have had 8 tech appointments and every one of them have said there are no issues with the lines or equipment. One of the customer care reps told me in February they would be doing upgrades in the spring. Either nothing was done or the upgrades did not help as the issue still persists. Either no one in the company can sort out this issue or they are not admitting to the extreme network congestion. Bottom line... if you have another option besides Suddenlink, take it.

»www.speedtest.net/result/3651934770.png

Comments:

Review by Vice92990 See Profile

• Location: Pauls Valley,Garvin,OK
Good "Price"
Bad "Service,customer support, Tech knowledge,tech friendliness ,consistency of service, speed, connection, support,"
Overall "by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Im a patient person but am at wits end with suddenlink."

By far the worst company ever. Not only do I not even get 1/10th of my paid speed, but the connection goes in and out constantly to the point its unusable. I have had a tech at my house almost every month sometimes 2-3 times a month for 4 years because they can't figure out what the issue is. The techs they send out are disrespectful and unknowledgable. I had one tech tell me I should be happy that I even have service as he lives out in the country and pays 100 for 1g. I had the line tech tell me to stop emailing his boss behind his back getting him in trouble. Down right disrespectful. They talked to my wife before I got home one time and she informed me they were very rude and told her the same thing about not contacting their manager. The service itself is horrible , the customer support is horrible, the techs are horrible. The only good thing is its 65 a month but for what Im paying and what im getting isn't worth it. If suddenlink wasn't the only provider out here, which is the only reason im still with them and probably why they think they can treat me this way, I would have switched a long time ago even if it means paying more.

Comments:
totalradio

Be forewarned...

One of the Suddenlink trolls, who are "employees" will be by to "help you out". They didn't help me when I had constant problems with my internet AND cable TV, so I got rid of them.

You may end up doing the same thing. You have my sympathy.

Review by Rock See Profile

• Location: Bastrop,Morehouse,LA
Good "Service is fairly steady"
Bad "Tech support, consumer practices, and pricing"
Overall "Bad! No competition except dsl(slower) and satellite(slow)"

Had service for a year now. Started with internet and tv package at about $105 per month. Techs installed tivo, 2 mini's and wireless modem which I switched out a few days later for my own modem. Left with no instructions whatsoever and did not even put plates on the wall over the sheetrock where they drilled through. Was told by CS that the tivo system would record 4 shows at a time, BS!

Could only get 1 show recorded at a time. CS then sends tech out and find out that you have to disable the mini's on other tv's to get more shows recorded. That sucks. Tech begrudgingly showed how to access tivo to do that. Then I get billed a $40+ service call. I ended up dropping the tv part and kept the internet. 15 meg for $50 per month!! And don't get the 15 all the time. Now out to right at a year I slip up and miss the due date and I look at the next bill and they have put a $9 late fee on a $50 bill. Hell cell phone carriers aren't that bad. I realize that they and cell phone carriers bill ahead but come on, a $9 late fee on a $50 bill. I am disabled and on a fixed income with a tight budget so it does not help.

Now not only this I just found out on my bill that they have a cap limit on the internet. I have my youngest daughter back with us for a while so there has been an increase in the internet usage and I got a warning for going over a limit that I did not know even existed. They have a 250gig cap on the 15 and 30 meg service. The 107 meg service which is not even available to me has a 350gig cap. The 15meg is $50 and the 30meg is $60 and I have no idea what the 50meg and 107meg is as I am sure it is pushing$75- $100 per month.

But new customers can get the 15meg for $35 per month, the 30meg for $45 and the 50meg for $55 per month in my area. I think in the city limits the 107meg may be available. These prices are for new customers only to get you hooked. So I am considering just dropping them and going to dsl. I can only get the 6.0 here but a lot of the time I am only getting 6-7 megs down anyway. The dsl 6.0 is $19.95 per month and may be a 12 month contract but I have had dsl before and only left them for cable because they had an outage that lasted for 10+ days. I got Charter then and was very happy with them til moving out of their area. Maybe by the time the contract is up there will be another provider in the area or I can get a better deal on service from them but for right now they suck.

So for the bottom line, if you can get service from someone else, do it.

Comments:
totalradio

·Windstream

I feel the pain !

Rock, we're just up the road from you in El Dorado. I started out in 2002 with Suddenlink (when it was Cox). Service was shitty from the start. A few months after they rolled out cable internet, AT&T offered DSL. Not as fast as cable, but much more stable and I've been with DSL ever since, that's been 12 years ago. Both have caps here, but DSL is much more stable for me. Suddenlink has been trying for years to get me to convert to them, and they don't get past the first few words of their pitch before I tell them to piss off. When I had my computer business, I had MANY people who had Suddenlink and wished they didn't. In some cases, some of them got DSL, but in some, DSL wasn't an option

To me, speed isn't important, stability is. DSL may not be for you, but it might be worth the try to find out. Just a thought.

But I'm sure one of the Suddenlink "trolls" who are from the company will try and "fix it for you". I doubt they'll ever fix it to your satisfaction.

abnormal69

join:2003-04-19
Hollister, MO

What?

You mean a 250 Gigabyte cap I hope.
Rock

join:2014-06-23
USA

Re: What?

Thanks, yes I did. Talking about the speeds just overlapped in my aging brain...lol
SDLashley1

join:2011-07-19

Re: What?

Hi Rock - Thomas with Suddenlink here. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional. I'd be happy to look into this for you. Feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thank you, -Thomas

Review by barncii See Profile

• Location: Many,Sabine,LA
Good "Low ping times, usually consistent speeds, good customer service"
Bad "Fastest connection offered is 3Mbps down and only 512Kbps up"
Overall "Good company and people but connection speeds are too slow"

I would pay two or three times the money i pay now if i were given an option to have faster service. I sent an email to regional supervisor Randy Goad and received a response back that he would look into it and someone would get back with me, which they did, hence the good customer service rating. The man who called me back informed me that they would be upgrading my area in the first quarter of next year (2013). this is great news but that is still up to 4 months away and its almost 2 years since i received an email that faster speeds were coming, which they did for about 3 days, only to be reverted back to the original speeds. Great company but i wish they would give customers more freedom in the speeds they could choose, especially people who are willing to pay for it. CP-tel is a small provider in Many, LA who offer fiber to the home up to 40Mbps and uploads around 8Mbps. It would be great if suddenlink could offer something competitive to this.

UPDATE: Fall 2013. Suddenlink now offers 15/1.5 Mbps in my area - Finally. this is a much welcome update. hopefully faster speeds will be offered. although 15 is adequate for download the 1.5 is still not what i would like to see for the upload. i have noticed that they are using channel bonding - 4 channels on download. so hopefully this means they will be upgrading the speed soon. Thanks for the update suddenlink!

Comments:

Review by Motes See Profile

• Location: Jacksonville,Pulaski,AR
Good "Internet speed was great for the first 3 years"
Bad "Internet speed has been horrible since January"
Overall "Drop it if you can find another provider in the area."

1. Ordered 15Mbps+TV+Home Phone for $93.14

2. Order and install was great.

3. Internet Service was great for the first 3 years since I moved to the Little Rock Air Force Base back in May 2011. Internet has been slow since January 2014 and this May 2014 has been the worst. I have been getting anywhere from 0.7 Mbps to 4Mbps constantly. Last night's range was 1.55 Mbps to 0.7 Mbps. Suddenlink doesn't seem to be able to fix the issue so I'm currently looking for another provider in the area.

Comments:

moldypickle

To be fair

We're just going to apparently IGNORE the fact that you have been told already by SuddenLink that a large fix was scheduled for August or September (as per what you yourself have said). So saying that SL won't/isn't fixing the problem is simply erroneous and false.
Motes

join:2014-05-22
Jacksonville, AR

Re: To be fair

It's 30May14, I can't have 3 to 4 months more of service like the entire month of May much less the service since January. Especially when taking online test for my evening classes and the internet service totally quits and doesn't return to useable speeds for the rest of the night. My evening classes that start at the first of July are even more important for my military career and I can't have my test freezing up half way through. Couldn't even use the Wi-Fi on the iPAD last night from lack of service. Had to get on my iPhone and use it to get on the web. It's been an Everyday issue this month. Why should I keep paying for something I haven't been receiving much less keep paying for up to 3-4 more months or more while waiting on a possible fix? I need reliable service especially before the July classes start.

Re: To be fair

And the results of calling in every month for service discounts/refunds have been?

Your review though is inaccurate that SL isn't able to fix the problem. They are simply waiting on a $600,000 fix (again, according to you).
Motes

join:2014-05-22
Jacksonville, AR

Re: To be fair

True, Suddenlink (Karen Maddie) called on 23 May 14 and didn't even mention the $600,000.00 fix in September that the tech told me about when he was at my house. All she said was that they worked on my node and that my internet should be fixed and that they were crediting my account for $25.00. 7 nights later and my internet was still horrible and getting worse. I will run another speed test this evening and link it to my Facebook as well like I have the last 2 nights speed test. Going to go by Verizon, and Dish this weekend to see if they offer at least 10 Mbps service on the Air Base. From what I can see from the websites, they are a lot more expensive than Suddenlink but I need the constant internet access.