Axvoice page on DSLReports

Review by kathys See Profile

• Location: Avenel,Middlesex,NJ
Good "Crystal clear voice and best customer service"
Overall "Money saver"

I spend so much time on the phone complaining about everything most companies are doing wrong; I figure it’s time to actually give praise to a company for a change. As you can imagine, I’m usually dissatisfied with most of the companies I deal with. For instance, I just had to call my cell phone carrier and complain about my crappy phone reception and dispute some suspicious charges. Then, three days before that, I was on hold for 45 minutes with the energy/water company about my high utility bill. I’m just used to being disappointed so it’s really refreshing to deal with a company like Ax-voice. I've never had any problems with my service nor my bill. Everything works consistently without any worries, which is awesome. I've only had to call customer service once, but the staff was so polite and helpful. I still remember the lady’s name that helped me. When people exceed my expectations, I never forget. I've never taken the time out of my busy schedule to write a testimonial; mostly because I never had a reason to until now. My family has had Ax-voice for a little over six months now, and we love it. Me, my husband, and our two teens all have cell phones, but when we’re at home, we’re mostly fighting over the house phone. We have the Sprint family plan and our signal is horrible in our area, so having a home phone is crucial. We couldn't be any happier. The price is perfect and the features are amazing. So for the first time in a long time, I have no complaints!

Comments:

Review by Pang Tapon See Profile

• Location: San Leandro,Alameda,CA
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "$148.99 + $18.99 for 12 months = ~$14 per month"
Bad "~$14 per month with NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT TELEPHONE NUMBER. Only by email and wait for their reply"
Overall "I would not recommend."

Not that one has constant telco problems, but when one does, and the line is down, a support phone number to call would be great. Unfortunately, Axvoice has NO support or billing telephone number. I would it call customer-avoidance service. Secondly, this voip service has No missed fax to email service; so if you missed an incoming fax, you are out of luck. Lastly, to avail of their softphone for android or ios, one first needs to purchase a third party software, about $6.99; i.e. Acrobits. I understand there is no perfect provider. But based on my own few months of experience, when my contract expires, I will move on to a more customer-oriented provider with the features that I had mentioned. Of course I'm looking at the price and reliability. I believe I have one in mind. But if someone has a service provider in mind, please advice and post. Thanks.

Comments:

Review by tkbes See Profile

• Location: Curtis,Frontier,NE
Good "nothing except price"
Bad "unlimited calls is not unlimited, "
Overall "Extreme frustration"

they say unlimited calls for residential
some days I can make a few others 1 or none
will ring for a long time then to fast busy and not connect
caller receives call, I do not connect
I am told I need to go to business service
they connected at that rate still same problems
I am changing to another service
this is too frustrating

Comments:

Review by scottzz980 See Profile

• Location: Wilson,Wilson,NC
Good "Perfect provider I could find"
Bad "nada"
Overall "Excellent voice quality"

My service provider informed me that they were going to close their operations and recommended me a couple of providers. Axvoice was one of them. I compared them with the other options I had available and they stood out for the price, reviews and support. I signed up with Axvoice and the best part was that I was able to secure and transfer my numbers from the old provider to Axvoice. I also loved the option to be able to select any number from any area. Since I needed this line for business line I selected four numbers from Chicago and Philadelphia (have a small branch there). Their voice quality is excellent and 30+ free features make it worthwhile.

Comments:

Review by like2angle See Profile

• Location: Studio City,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Call quality, price"
Bad "Abrupt and poor support, not all features are really available or are limted"
Overall "I would look for a more full featured provider who values their customers"

The tech support and website are written by someone who knows the service and cant put themselves in the position of someone who doesn't. The support email replies are sometime very abrupt.

Example: The is a non descript drop down in voice mail settings where you can choose a time in seconds. You would think it limits the recorded message time bit its really the time to answer.

You can not check your voice mail from another number, they do send a wav file to your email but neither my wife's phone or mine will play it. There are no voice mail instructions at all by the way.

They claim you can use your cell phone through their service but to do so you must first disconnect your VOIP Gateway so in reality you cant.

There is an occasional 1 or 2 second lag in connect times and have had a couple of occasions when calls took 2 or 3 tries to connect. An immediate speed test and ping test result showed no issues on our end.

If they improved their support, the information on their website and were more upfront at to the services they provide they could be a great VOIP provider.

member for 1 year, 0 visits, last login: 1 year ago
lodged 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by fooney See Profile

Good "Great Call Quality"

Just signed up with Axvoice last week. The adapter was shipped fast. I was up and running within 3 days. I'm very impressed with the call quality, it's crystal clear with no stuttering or delays.

Comments:

Review by matthewb2 See Profile

• Location: Swayzee,Grant,IN
Good "Crystal clear voice"
Bad "nothing"
Overall "best service ever"

I and my grandmother love this service. She has had a landline all her life, and the thought of switching to VOIP was scary at first. Since I've been living with her, I've had internet access. She was complaining about her phone bill being $93, so I suggested getting a VOIP home phone service. Of course she didn't know what it was until I told her; she thought she had to know how to work a computer to use it. After searching the internet, I short listed a few companies. The price is what caught my attention, but after reading the website and reviews, I quickly found out that Axvoice is much better than the other ones I found. My grandmother couldn't believe the price was so low. When we received the adapter, it was pretty easy to setup. When she made her first call, she was grinning from ear to ear. She didn't notice any difference in the call quality. We were also able to transfer the old number and she is really happy about it. She brags about it to everyone she talks to on the phone.

Comments:

Review by destiny See Profile

• Location: 61259
Good "Low rates, excellent voice quality"
Bad "none"
Overall "Very reliable. No call drops"

I must say, I am very impressed with Axvoice; and that's very hard to do. I'm a technical support professional myself. I've been in the field for 7 years, and have heard every horror story in the book. The issues I had with my old provider were dropped calls and poor call quality. Since employees get a discount on services, I decided to get company recommended phone service. I spent more time troubleshooting problems, than actually using the phone. After two months, I cancelled the phone service. There was no point paying for a service that didn't work.

I came across Axvoice and for the price, I had to try it. I read their testimonials and I contacted their customer service first, and asked them every question I could think of. I was surprised how well their staff handled themselves. They were patient, polite, and extremely knowledgeable. I liked the fact that the VOIP adapter was free. Most companies charge customers for the equipment. I got the adapter within a few days; it took no time for it to get here. Installing it was super easy. I just plugged the adapter into the wall, plugged the Ethernet into my router, and I was ready to go.

The features are incredible, especially for a residential plan. When I'm at work or out and about, I get all my landline calls sent to my mobile phone. My favorite feature is the alternative caller id. When I make landline calls, my cell phone number shows up instead. It’s perfect when calling my parents. They don't answer calls from unknown numbers. It took them months to get familiar with my cell number; so instead of having them remember my new home number, I just use the alternative caller id feature instead.

Axvoice is a top-notch service in my own personal and professional opinion. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants clear crisp calls and an abundance of features.

Comments:

Review by brittanygorr See Profile

• Location: Granite Falls,Caldwell,NC
Good "Best service ever!"
Bad "nothing"
Overall "Best call quality and value for money"

I'm a sophomore at MSU, and have a horrible cell phone signal in my dorm room. I have to go all the way downstairs to the recreation room in order to get a half way decent signal. My roommate has a better signal than me but she has to sit by the window, and she still gets dropped calls. I told her we should get a landline. She laughed but agreed to pay half. I did a little research and found axvoice.com and that was totally within our price range. When we first got it, we were so excited. Sometimes we chill in the room with our door open, and people would stop dead in their tracks like, "you guys gotta house phone?!" They laughed at first, now everybody wants one. Two other students on our floor has ordered your service as well (btw, we should get a commission *hint *hint ). Talking on our phone is so cool. The calls are always clear and crisp. We barely even use our cell phones anymore. We tell people to call our dorm phone now. Even when we're not in our room, we just forward the calls to our cells. How cool is that?! How many students you know are well connected like us? We've always thought of VOIP home phone services as something for actual homes. Who would've known AX Voice would be great for college kids in dorms. I think I've started a trend. Thanks! You guys rock!

Comments:

Review by sys4me See Profile

• Location: Grand Forks,BC
Good "Cheaper than Telephone Line"
Bad "Poor call quality, toll free access problems, poor support"
Overall "Will stick with them but would not choose them in future"

Tried to install my own new HT-701 adapter, got busy signals on outgoing calls. Following their support feedback eventually bricked it. Ordered their HT-286. Same problem, turned out to be a config problem in network. Put in trouble report, they indicated they would update me, after 2 weeks of no feedback I tried again and it worked, No idea when it might have been available.

Now works for most numbers, but many toll free numbers get same indication as above (some say not a valid extension, or number not available). Contact their support several times, no response. Finally I asked for feedback, they indicated everything is fine on their end, not their problem (all of these toll free numbers worked from here on Telco). I have not seen any other occurrences of this problem online, so think it might be a Canadian problem relative to where there system enters the Telco system, but with no feedback from their support, it is impossible to know. I just know it is difficult not being able to contact toll free numbers without using my cell phone.

Have complained about voice quality, no response from support.

I can use Skype or Google 'Call Phone' to access these 800 numbers and get better voice quality, so it is not my internet service quality.

In summary, the biggest problem is poor response and very little feedback from their support. I believe they will never fix my problems.

Comments:
axvoice

join:2007-08-20
NY

Rate center blocked

All our diagnostics show that customer's rate center is blocked by the receiving party. We tried to switch them to 3 different routes but it didn't solve their problem. This is a very common Canada VoIP issue where toll-free, calling cards and conferencing lines are being blocked by underlying carriers. If we simply change customer's number to a different rate center or even a US number the calls would go through.
auditorman

join:2013-02-12

Re: Rate center blocked

Notice how it is never Axvoice's fault? The company built on excuses