Axvoice page on DSLReports

• Location: Middletown,Lake,CA
Good "ADVERTIZED LOW PRiCES"
Bad "SERVICE NEVER WORKED; CUSTONMER SERVICE A JOKE"
Overall "BEWARE"

Subscribed to their service. Got the equipment did not work. Tried calling
customer service No phone number Tried live chat no response. E mailed them
They replied after a day. This kept on for a few days. Still did not work.
Finally cancelled my service. THIRD RATE COMPAnY WITH NON EXISTENT SUPPORT
BE WARNED

Professionally and Cordially,

Neil

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by Edward Walke See Profile

• Location: Newport Beach,Orange,CA
Good "Call quality of local and international calls is excellent"
Bad "Couldn't find anything"
Overall "Best phone service I have ever used"

I have been using Axvoice for the past 5 months. Found them here on the forum. I was very happy that I was able to get my monthly phone bill sliced into half. I didn’t know much about VoIP at the time but the installation was pretty smooth, no issues there. I wasn’t accustomed to having online portal with the previous phone company so with the first bill I was shocked to see that I had to pay $17 more than what I signed up for. I was not expecting that. I immediately contacted support and they explained me how to log on to my account and view my bills and sent me my call log as well.

To cut the story short, that call log explained everything. All my children were living in three different countries and my wife had been making international calls all this time. Definitely, I had to pay for the calls that my wife had made. I must mention here that the Axvoice’s International calling rates are very cheap. I could have paid in excess of $50 if those calls were made through the previous provider.

Anyway, after that incident, I decided to switch from Unlimited local calling plan ($10.99 per month) and opted for international plan ($16.58/month). My advice to others is that you should always buy a plan according to your calling requirements. Just talk to sales support before you buy anything. Explain your requirements and get information about everything before the final click.

In the beginning, I did not know a lot about my account settings. I did not know how to customize the features according to my requirement but the support explained me all this. I give A+ to the support.

• Location: Aliso Viejo,Orange,CA
Good "Calls are of adequate quality once you work out the bugs."
Bad "Customer service would be hard pressed to do a worse job."
Overall "I purchased the year-long option from Axvoice and I have been very unhappy with their common practice of over billing for produc"

I purchased the year-long option from Axvoice and I have been very unhappy
with their common practice of over billing for products that were cancelled.
Even worse is they have no customer service phone number so you must email
them and if they do not like your email they will just ignore it and never
respond. This was the case for me when I emailed about a number I ported and
wanted to be sure they did not continue to bill me for a service I no longer
had, they ignored my first request, my second request a week later they
responded that I would need to follow certain steps that I already had. When
I heard from them a week later they said no refunds for the past errors but
I will not be billed in the future. Sure enough the next month I was billed,
I emailed them and the response I got said nothing of refunds for previous
charges in error and did not even convey any idea that this overcharging
could be expected to stop in the future. I strongly recommend that anyone
considering Axvoice sign up for a month to month plan to start and wait to
see how they handle "issues", I wish I had.

(review was emailed from domain libcap.com)

Comments:

Review by fzk390 See Profile

• Location: Brooklyn,Kings,NY
Good "Price and Support"
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "Great value for money"

I have been using Axvoice for the past 4 months. I signed up for the $99/yr deal. I previously had Vonage and thought I had enough of woo-hoo because their bills kept creeping up so I shopped around. My choices at this price point were Viatalk, Phonepower and Axvoice. They all look the same in terms of site, service and pricing so I gave Axvoice a chance. I am glad with the decision I made. I have not faced any considerable problems. Installation was quick and easy. Just once, I was having broken voice during some of my calls so I contacted support. They advised me to do some speed tests and check if there were any torrents or streaming going on and they were right. My son had left his computer on with some DVD downloading. As soon as I pulled his network cable out, we were back in business. So I must say that Axvoice support is updated and knowledgeable and quick enough to diagnose a problem. Bottom line is I am happy with the service and what I am paying.

P.S. I am getting Name on Caller ID with some of my incoming calls recently. I was not happy to loose this facility when I switched from Vonage but you only get what you pay for.

Comments:

Review by JimmLee See Profile

• Location: Carlsbad,San Diego,CA
Good "Great in Customer Support and Voice Quality"
Overall "Best VoIP Service in Town"

Imagine a medium of communication in which one could go anywhere, pay nothing and enjoy best voice quality ever heard. Confused?? Just use Axvoice and its various calling services. It provides the best service in town. It doesn’t cost much; anyone can use it and understand it. Axvoice gives best voice quality in town and is the easiest way to talk to anyone. I know my words sound like I’m advertising it, actually I am because I have witnessed such high quality service that I feel obliged to share my experience with everyone.

Comments:

Review by meh123 See Profile

• Location: U.S.
Good "when it worked, I had no issues with their service."
Bad "billing issues, terrible technical support, can never reach them on the phone."
Overall "I will never do business with them again and actively discourage anyone from signing up with them."

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT sign up for this scam of a company. Sign up with another RNK reseller instead. Their billing is all messed up. They say they prorate bill you but don't and then try to hit you up with a month of service on the tail-end. They're crooks... I will never do business with them again.

Comments:

Review by Bill44130 See Profile

• Location: Cleveland,Cuyahoga,OH
Good "High Quality, Reliable, Just Works"
Bad "No Complaints"
Overall "Company is very responsive. Good value for the money"

***updated June 24, 2010*****
I am still happy with my AxVoice Service. They have done well by me. Price is reasonable. If there was an outage then I missed it. The only thing that is really annoying about the service is they force you to change passwords. I guess I can live with forced password changes. I love the way they recently re-designed there website. Very functional easy to follow.

The service just works!!

*****updated Jan 30,2009*****
I have been using the AxVoice Service for over a year now. The service has been perfect. No outages to speak of. No issues with billing. I have been very pleased with this service. Since I have not had any issues I can only assume the tech support is still prompt.

One of the things I like about AxVoice is they do not force you to pay for 911 service. I don't want nor do I need 911 service; I like that I don't have to pay for a service I have no use for.

I would strongly recommend this service.

===========================================================

I started using AxVoice as a beta test. I found the service surprisingly high quality, and always delivering a good connection. When the beta period was over, I transitioned to a paying BYOD customer. The service is very reliable. Tech Support is always prompt with getting issues resolved.

I would definitely recommend this service

Comments:

Review by jeffwilliams See Profile

• Location: Brooklyn,Kings,NY
Good "Great Customer Support, Good Price, Good Voice Quality"
Overall "Axvoice Service is Great in Customer Support and Voice Quality"

I have personally used several VoIP services in past couple of years. Every provider used to fall short of the quality standard. In my experience, Axvoice has provided the best value for my money. The service is great, costs are low, packages are flexible, and customer support is available 24/7…Cheers!

Comments:

Review by plano See Profile

• Location: Plano,Collin,TX
Good "None"
Bad "Did not return money back, bad tech support, no communication"
Overall "I don't recommend Axvoice service to anyone"

I used to have a plan with them called Pay as You Go (Pay just for the calls you make). In order to use this plan, a deposit was required. I placed $20.00 in it. I used only $0.27 out of $20.00. When I canceled my account after a month, no one returned my deposit money back. I have made numerous attempts to get my money back but so far no luck. I sent e-mails and left messages on Axvoice tech-support (888-277-8647)and Axvoice Billing (212-933-9460) but so far I have not received a response from them. I also contacted Better Business Bureau and Federal Communications Commission and so far Axvoice doesn't respond even to them.

I really regret having business with them and do not recommend them to anyone. In order to avoid my mistake, stay away from the company and do not spend a single cent on their products and services.

I am very surprised that I have received few e-mails from the company Axvoice where they demand that I remove all negative posts and comments from blogs, forums, etc. and only then will they return my money.

The emails I also received hint of possible blackmail for me:

May 8th, 2010
Could you please remove your posts and we'll be glad to assist you in issuing a refund of your remaining balance.

May 11th, 2010
We would also like you to remove all the comments that you have posted in various forums, blogs etc. as this clearly is a communication issue and a misunderstanding.

Comments:

Review by dzex See Profile

• Location: Plano,Collin,TX
Good "none"
Bad "Low reliability. Low quality. False advertisement for terms."
Overall "Dishonest and unreliable provider"

- often sound distortions, have to redial to fix it
- dropped calls
- often 1-2 seconds delay on connection before you can hear and be heard by other party
- several outages in a few months
- 10/04/2009 ~10 hours outage they did not know about or lied that "we did not have an outage" (neither one is good!). The VOIP outage was confirmed by a friend of mine who lives in the same area but has ANOTHER ISP and being unfortunate to have Axvoice service as well...
- advertised their service as "No sign-up contracts" and "Price guarantee". At the time of cancellation insisted that I had "6 months contract" and charged bogus cancellation fee.

You can get much better customer service features and reliability for the same money. STAY AWAY!