Maylone Enterprises page on DSLReports

Review by minidu See Profile

• Location: Mackinac Island,Mackinac,MI
Good "Wireless Service all over the area"
Bad "occasional outage"
Overall "Great service,"

I use their service on Mackinac Island, and it is great. Connectivity all over the place. Great options on service.

Delivers far more speed than what the service states. Wireless is Stable and low low latency.

Tech support is great.

Comments:

Review by deacont23 See Profile

• Location: Williamsburg,Grand Traverse,MI
Good "They do not block common ports so web/game hosting is easy."
Bad "Speeds are horrible, reliability sucks"
Overall "Use as only a last resort if your stuck on Dial-Up and have no other choice"

I have had Maylone for two years now. In my area I have no broadband options except for satellite or Maylone, since I am a gamer I chose maylone due to the latency issues with satellite.

- I am paying $65/mo for 384/384kbps
- Installation was slow, and expensive, took them 3 days to install a bridge, antenna, and router. Installation price was around $300
- They allow static IP's. But you have to ask for it, or else you'll get PPOE.

- Tech support is bad, they want to charge you $50 to come out to your house to type in your settings on your router if you mess them up, which is ridiculous. I am very experienced with networking and wireless gear but they would not allow me to type in my IP and DNS number in the router. They terminated my service until I brought it in for them to type that information in.

-I also sent them an email saying/making fun of how bad their service was (somewhat anonymously) and they terminated my service until I called them and admitted to sending the e-mail

-I monitor my up and down time as well as my latency with software, and it is bad, my ping spikes all over the place; and my internet goes down a lot. It’s not good for any latency critical gaming with FPS (First person shooters), but it did alright with MMORPGs like World of Warcraft.

-I would only recommend this service if you have no other choice besides dial-up.

member for 8 years, 0 visits, last login: 8 years ago