Cbeyond page on DSLReports

Review by StarFish267 See Profile

• Location: Roanoke,Denton,TX
Good "Sometimes you can access email."
Bad "Worse than dial-up, 100% unreliable."
Overall "Don't use."

·MetroPCS
This is only hard-lined ISP without getting a 4G Hotspot service to my Apt. as they have the lines all in here so cannot get another provider. This is the very worst ISP I've ever had as slow as dial-up suppose to be 3m/1.5m but I only get 29k/26k constantly and smokepings show's dropping packet at 6%. Trying to get my apt change contract to at&t or someone else. Maybe I will try clear, I've had this service 1 year and have had enough with them.

updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by joeschuh See Profile

• Location: Dayton,Montgomery,OH
Good "I use them for home sip service"
Bad "nothing"
Overall "Cheap and works"

I'm from the Aretta days.... All I really use this for is home phone service. Just an asterisk box connecting to it... (Now a Pi running it -- which is cool)....

Sure there are some cheaper services but I have a lot of flexibility this way.

Call quality (very few calls) are perfect.

Customer service refunded international charges when my old install got hacked... yes it was publicly accessible and I was lazy. That VM is gone and as I said a Pi runs it now (from just behind the firewall)

Basically about $3/mo -- most of which is the USF/E911 crap... Other than that they bill in 6 second increments with their netSIP product. On demand 0.019/min.

Comments:

Review by CBEYOND SUCK See Profile

Bad "Cbeyond Sucks..."

So we recently switched to this company after years with AT&T because one of my idiot employees decided to do a little cost cutting through the advice of our vender. As of today, this person is no longer working for me.

The vendor is suppose to come tomorrow to apologize and if the words that come out of his mouth even slightly annoys me, i may be heading to mexico for a while.

I didnt think internet service would be this difficult to administer, but obviously something is wrong with this company. Their tech support is not there to help you, but rather they are there to make sure that their equipment is not to blame and when it is their stuff that is failing, good luck. It is so useless that the Time Warner guy who showed up at the same time got me a working internet connection before the Cbeyond guy could get through to their own tech support. He had to friggin call his own tech support line for help and waited over half an hour. Before he left, i tore out the modem and gave it to him, but he wouldnt take it so i will give it to the vendor when he visits.

If you value your time and business, stay away from this company, of course if you want to be without internet for at least a week, by all means...

Comments:

Review by kspies007 See Profile

• Location: Los Angeles,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Zero downtime in 6 months. The management suite. Internet reliability. Equipment. No setup or installation costs."
Bad "Upload speeds don't match d/l and have to constantly reset the Cbeyond equipment."
Overall "The price is fantastic 5 phone lines for $400 and data, but the data doesn't meet T1 and what to do with 1.2/800kbps?"

I moved from Time Warner and Verizon phone to CBeyond for a full T1 voice/data in order to save money and provide more reliable service than our Time Warner. I had a week of downtime with Time Warner and couldn't afford to repeat that. I contacted CBeyond and found out they would provide us a virtual PBX, 5 phone lines, fax line, and data services which included a network management suite. We're saving about $300 a month over all of our other services and have not had a minute of downtime but the speeds are not what they promised. Their tech support is challenging because I always deal with someone new and they don't want to admit there is an issue.

Comments:

Review by stephenp82 See Profile

• Location: Dallas,Dallas,TX
Good "customer service while active, reliability"
Bad "cancellation process, shady contracts, price, mobile service"
Overall "overpriced reseller, deceptive sales/contracts, proceed with caution"

UPDATE - After a month or so working with a save rep, she decided not to enforce the contract extension based on adding the mobile line. Instead, she told me that our contract, under normal conditions, would have renewed every year on our original contract date. That, in our case, meant it would be up in 3 months. Our ETF is now half of our current bill (now 500 a month after I cancelled the mobiles) X 3 months - or about $750. This a much more acceptable practice in my opinion, and I'm happy with the way it will be resolved now.

Very disappointing how long it took to get here and how much I had to push for a decent resolution. If our date had been 10 months away, it would still have been a $2500 ETF. I hate auto-renewals.

-----------

Original Review - 20 days before

When I started for my company, we were a year into our 3 year commitment with CBeyond. Our base T1 package was $495 a month (phone, internet, e-mail, web). We also had mobile through CBeyond - bad idea. The service is iffy at times, but usable - they use Sprint phones and network. BUT when you add a mobile line or upgrade your phone, it extends your entire contract another 2 years. Our total each month with 4 mobiles and our base package is $780 after fees. We added a line in our third year, which turned our 3 year contract effectively into a 5 year contract. Obviously, this was in the fine print and the agent acted like adding a mobile was no big deal.

ETF on our 3 year contract (3.5 years in now) is $4300 - half of our yearly bill (minus fees). So adding a mobile phone locked us into 2 more years of a 10k a year service or a 4k ETF.

Decide for yourself. If voip is what you want, the service is reliable and clear in Dallas, but pricey. Had no issues with the web/e-mail service (except that e-mails are delivered slowly).

I'd say if you use CBeyond, be very careful and DON'T add mobile under any condition. We can get ATT for landlines and net for $200 a month and Verizon cell for $250. Once we are done with CBeyond, we'll save over $300 a month and have 24mbps instead of 1.5.

Comments:

Review by chrisbush See Profile

• Location: Newnan,Coweta,GA
Good "Absolutely nothing good to say about cbeyond"
Bad "Horrible service, most unreliable I've ever seen"
Overall "Horrible, horrible horrible."

Awful service from cbeyond. Dropped phone calls and Internet outages on a regular basis. Our Internet speeds are slightly better than dial up. Poor communications. Cbeyond refuses to address any of these concerns. Instead they threaten a law suit if the contract is voided. Next month my company plans on going to court to be released from this nightmare experience.

Do yourselves a favor and do not sign up for service w/ cbeyond. They promise a lot, the deliver nothing worth having.

Comments:

Review by Jim Doyle See Profile

• Location: La Habra,Orange,CA

The process from start to finish went very smooth. Our Sales consultant Justin Davis did a great job from the original sale through the installation process. If we had any questions at any time, Justine was always available to answer them. We originally were only going to go with two T1 lines but because of the savings and overall cost we went with 3. The overall experience with Cbeyond was great and I would recommend using Justin Davis for all your needs:
Justin Davis
Senior Sales Consultant
424.888.2733 - Direct
Justin.Davis@Cbeyond.net

Comments:

Review by anewell

• Location: San Diego,San Diego,CA
Good "EXCELLENT MOBILE TECH SERVICE"

Our company does business with Cbeyond for landlines and mobile lines. I am
the company elected official whom handles any issues regarding our mobile
lines. I estimate calling Cbeyond on average at least one a week. We have
recently upgraded all our Black Berry's and I have had to call into Cbeyond
multiple times to get all the phones activated.

Today, I called in and was connected with Martin Rodriguez. Martin went
above and beyond to assist me with getting two phones activated and setting
up the email exchange process. He walked me thru how to do things online
that no one else has ever even mentioned. We spent about 1:45 min. on the
phone together.

Martin was absolutely wonderful to work with and in my opinion your best
employee! I have dealt with many of CBeyonds employees and can't express
enough what a professional, courteous, kind, caring and knowledgeable
employee he is.

It's not easy in these times to find someone that really cares about his job
and the customers, as most employees just work for a pay check.

Martin is definitely a keeper in my book and should be acknowledged and
recognized for efforts.

If I could talk to him every time I called in, it would make my life
easier!!!!

April N.

(review was emailed from domain gbblinds.com)

Comments:

Review by yxt1121

• Location: Purgato
Good "Good sales pitch"
Bad "everything else"
Overall "Worst customer service ever."

We have a business in Vernon, CA. Ever since we started using Cbeyond, we$B!G(Bve been experiencing series of problems. The phone keeps cutting in and out, the internet drops at every 10 minute interval. We$B!G(Bve been their customer since October and the longest we$B!G(Bve gone so far without any problems is 3 days. Every time we call them, the hold time is usually 20 minutes, and the only thing they can say is, $B!H(BI will call our tech support.$B!I(B When we sign the contract, what the sales rep. Paula promised was that they would provide excellent service. So far we haven$B!G(Bt gotten anything that is even close to service, if NO service at all. They never follow up, and can$B!G(Bt seem to keep their promises. Our business is now dealing with a significant loss and many angry customers because of Cbeyond. In order to return phone call from our customers and to make up for the loss, now we have to open our office on weekends. We are currently seeking le

gal action in order to rescind the contract and for a full reimbursement for the amount we had to pay for their services. If you are a business owner and are looking for a service provider for your business, stay away from Cbeyond.

(review was emailed from domain hotmail.co.jp)

Comments:

Review by Traxless See Profile

• Location: USA
Good "VOIP is excellent. Price is average with other VOIP companies."
Bad "Email service is a hit or miss situation. Web hosting is an after-thought. Poor customer service"
Overall "On good days, average quality service. On bad days, a mess."

Email issues looked to be resolved for the most part. We seem to have problems from time to time, which get fixed sooner or later. For example, for some unknown reasons, this ISP deleted all the SPAM filters on 25 email accounts. That can really upset the apple cart!

The control panel for web hosting is incredibly slow with a unfriendly user interface. Frankly, I just hate that control panel.

For comparison, we never have similar problems with our AT&T email counts or with their web hosting control panel.

March 2010 - We have had a very reliable and stable service (VOIP & Internet) for more than 6 months. The bundle of services is still a fair price for our small business. I can recommend them.

May 2010 - We have spent 2 weeks trying to get Customer Service to price us quote for new products. After 6 emails, we have given up. Customer Service is not Cbeyond's strong suit.

December 2010 - FTP service to support website has been down 24 hours with an unkown ETA. And once again, customer service is rather casual about an ETA and the scope to the problem this causes a company.