Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by van84 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Bad "Customer support and service after sell is really poor"
Overall "Read this review and you will understand."

hello guys,

I am new here but I would like to share my experiences with you at Acanac.

I am with Acanac for around 5 years now. I am been a loyal customer and I brought in some peoples and I was about to bring my uncle soon. however I guess this will probably not happen anymore.

****** My experience ******

I contacted Sale department 4 weeks ago to upgrade from ADSL to VDSL.

The reason of my upgrade was I need a better upload speed due of my work.

I called sale department and they said I should be able to have a upload speed up to 26MBIT. I decide to buy the package 25 down / 10 up.

When the modem arrived, I got a speed upload up to 3 MBIT.

Called support tech a bunches of time, no one was able to help me out.

The internet suddently went down for 2 weeks. No one was able to help me out. They sent Bell to my house (total 2.5 weeks)
Bell determine the new VDSL modem is the issue. Called Acanac, they said they will ship a new modem again (take 4 days before I receive it).

I decided to call billing department to ask to change to cable (no reply for 7 days)
I finally get the billing departement phone number. I decided to cancel everything.
Billing department representative asked me to send another email to billing@acanac.com. (You see the loop right?)

Sent another email to billing@acanac.com, no reply.

I called again yesterday, and the representative said they cannot cancel my account. Need to call between 9 to 13.
I decided to call again billing today to try again. They said: it passed the 30 days trial, I have to keep the modem (that I received 4 days ago because the old one was broken).

Is that a joke?

My problem is still not resolved yet. I am tired.

****** Some notes ********

- When I joined the Acanac, the modem was rental. It became a "BUY" modem without warning. I have to keep the modem when upgrading from ADSL to VDSL. Cannot have the 50$ rental money at the beginning.
- When you call support, they hang up on you when queue more than 1 hour.
- the email for billing department take more than 48 hours to reply and sometime they are not replying at all.
- Sale department promised you a certain speed but you may not get it.
- they do not read complains nor feedback emails.
- When upgrade to VDSL, they forced you to buy a 60$ worth modem for 99$, that is fine, but they are not wanting to refund it if you cancel the service after a couple of days of usage.
- The 30 days trial on the new service start when they shipped the modem and not when you have internet activated.
- I think they are pushing back the ticket to go over 30 days so you won't get the refund for the modem or service. That's the reason they do not want to reply to my tickets.

I don't care to not having the full refund, I am ready to get the partial refund for the months that I do not use. But how come I am not be able to have a refund for a BRAND NEW MODEM that I just received it? It won`t possible to resell this modem on my own. Waste of time and price will never be 99$+tax.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this month

Comments:

Review by Alexein See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Speed is consistent, uptime is consistent"
Bad "Support guys mistake cost me an upgrade, they won't fix it"
Overall "Felt lied to and cheated. Not returning to this ISP."

So i signed up for 28/1 cable service and things are okay so far. First year everything works like it should. I would give them a glowing review up until this point.

But a month before I have to renew, i notice the old 28/1 plan is gone and there is a new 35/3 plan in its place for the same cost. I think "awesome! i'll upgrade to that... but i better ask to make sure!" so i email and ask if i'll get the new plan, and if i'm on the old plan i say i want to upgrade. The support guys says i'm already on the new plan. I think "sweet! i guess i'll wait until my current one expires and renews to get the improved speed."

A month later the service renews and i check my speeds to find i'm still on the old plan. Funny, my *bill* even says i'm on the new plan. I email them and ask whats up. They now tell me you only get the old speeds. If you want the new speeds you have to specifically ask to get the new plan. WTF? So even if my bill says i'm on the new plan that i get the old speeds? What kind of a fucking lie is that? I specifically had *asked* if i'm on the old plan and that if i was, i wanted an upgrade. The old guy tells me i'm on the new plan so why would i "specifically ask" for the new plan? What kind of a deceptive run-around is this? I'm supposed to be psychic and know that the new plan is actually the old plan? New support guy implies the old guy made a mistake.

So because of a mistake i have a bill that tells me i'm on the new plan, but speeds on the old plan.

I check again about the new plan and i find now the new plan is more expensive today than when i had applied. Was that the trick? they didn't want to give me the new plan at the agreed price so they simply say they "made a mistake" and keep me on the old plan despite my *bill* saying its the new plan?

Can't even cancel the service now because its not within the 30 day guarantee.

Overall, they were a good company until they decided to fuck up like that. I don't know if it was an honest mistake or an intentional deception. I think the latter because they refuse to fix it, citing they don't offer the new plan at the agreed price any more.

Doubt I'll be returning to this ISP.

EDIT: 8/2/2014 - I feel even crappier that i found out someone else got automatically upgraded without asking ( »Review of Acanac by ggyl ) while i was refused to be upgraded even though i asked for it.

EDIT: 8/6/2014 - Even stupider is that as i cancel, they are prorating the time used on the more expensive NEW plan rather than the cheaper old plan (that i'm actually on and actually paid for at that rate). The money gouging just doesn't stop with Acanac.

Comments:

Fergless

Higher Speed.

Sorry to hear that Alexein, if you had let us know ahead of time, before the old plan was no longer available from the carrier, we could have put you on the higher speed no problem.

Re: Higher Speed.

This would be reasonable if there was some warning or email saying that the old plan was going to be discontinued. I got no such warning. The only thing i could reasonably do was email when i was due to renew... which i did.

So... I'm supposed to be psychic and know that the old plan would no longer be available and tell you before it's gone.

Right... I guess it's my fault. I was born without psychic power.

Toronto, ON
Can your post your ticket # referring to this, I'd like to see what went wrong here.

Re: Higher Speed.

Apologies for the late reply. I only check this every few days.

First ticket#: UUD-42667

where I ask about the plans and ask to be upgraded if i'm on the old plan.

At this point in time the old plan was no longer offered and thus why asked about the plans. I didn't let Acanac know i wanted the upgraded plan before the old plan was discontinued *because* i didn't know it was going to be discontinued. Like i said, i don't have the benefits of psychic power.

Anyway, the support guy says i'm on the new plan, i don't push the matter because I have the honest good faith belief that's he actually MEANT i'm on the new plan, and not some weird trick where i am not. How does anyone expect me to know differently at this point?

Second ticket#: AIH-68086

Where i start complaining about the speed, and after a lot of confusion (not really this support guy's fault, neither of us quite knew what was going on until the end), we figure it out.

Overall, if it's the customer's duty to upgrade their plans before they are changed then it's only reasonable that the customers are warned, particularly by email, about upcoming changes to their plans. At the very least the first support should have just outright SAID "no, you're not on the new plan, you're stuck, too bad!". At least that would have been honest. I walked away from the first ticket thinking i would get the new plan. Even the *bill* says i'm on the new plan. Everything smells of the new plan, but it's not. how am i supposed to know the difference? Especially *before* it becomes too late to change it?

(delete, mistaken post)

join:2014-07-12
It's been two weeks Fergless, i guess you checked and couldn't do anything about it?

Hi Alexein

The problem here is when a customer asks what speed they are on, a rep will look on the account and only see what speed plan they're being charged for, not what they may be actually getting. So they can't accurately say. This is due to not having full access to the Cable Portal.

Re: Higher Speed.

Gotcha, so a shortcoming in Acanac's system means that they are not responsible for misleading clients. Somehow the client has to have psychic power to know this shortcoming exists and also know exactly what questions to ask. A client who doesn't know this shortcoming exists will get screwed over when asking about their speed and specifying they want better speed.

What really gets me is that even if i did know (psychically somehow) and asked for the new plan, how is the *rep* going to know to change it when they open my account and see that i'm on the new plan? You just told me even the *rep* can't know due the shortcomings of the system. So there is no possible way for the client to get the new plan. If somehow the rep did know, that's even worse because then why didn't they tell me?

Why even have a such a shitty system if not to screw people over and then blame the errors on said system to avoid responsibility?

Bottom line, Acanac won't fix a mistake they set themselves up to make.

Even shittier is that i'm in the process of cancelling, and Acanac is prorating the time already used on the new, more expensive plan, rather than the older plan i am actually on and charged for. It's only a few dollars so i'm not kicking up mud about it but it just highlights how messed up Acanac's system is.

(I want to say I'm not angry at you or any of the original support reps, I once had to work support lines too once and defend my company's shitty policies. Hated every part of it. I'm just very angry at Acanac for not taking responsibility for an error they created.)

Tks Alexein

I'll check in the morning.

Toronto, ON
I always use »www.speedtest.net/ to see what my speeds are.

If I felt I wasn't getting the correct speeds, I'd open a slow speed ticket.

That's EXACTLY what i did already back in june, that's ticket: AIH-68086

Which eventually evolved into an argument over what plan i was on since the explanation was that i was never upgraded despite being told i was.

Re: Higher Speed.

Bad timing Really. The plan was no longer available from the carrier at that time.

Staff should make it clear to customers they can only see what speed you're being billed for. They have no way of knowing what speeds you are actually getting.

If it was still available from the carrier you would be on it.

Acanac

"I don't know if it was an honest mistake or an intentional deception. I think the latter because they refuse to fix it, citing they don't offer the new plan at the agreed price any more."

In the ISP scheme of things the mistake is only honest if the customer was unintentionally credited in some way.

If the company gains a profit from the "error" then it was definitely not one. Ditto if the details of the plan are not plainly spelled out in the user agreement, or are otherwise too vague.

Hard to believe they pay people to come up with all these nickel and diming schemes....sad really.

You could always cancel the service as their reward for their policies.

Plans Prices

Plans and prices have changed for all the Indies. As the carriers change plans we have no choice but to offer what they do.

If the plan is no longer available from the carrier, we simply can not offer it or we definitely would.

Re: Plans Prices

Nice way of excusing what is basically a hard sell, Fergless.

said by Neil K:

Nice way of excusing what is basically a hard sell, Fergless.

Care to translate?

lol...google "hard sell", Fergless

I think the customer here knows what I'm referring to.

Re: Plans Prices

I would like to be in the loop as well A ticket # referencing this would be nice.

Review by shopangus See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Price is good"
Bad "Bad support, takes 24 for a reply, they usually can't fix anything"
Overall "You'll be fine if it works but on your own if you have issues and they keep your money hostage."

I've only ever had issues with Acanac, from the get go.

First the install process, they sent me multiple modems (their mistake) and wanted me to return the extra to them, I obviously agreed! Had to fight a little to have them setup the return, I wasn't going to pay for their mistake..

My modem is a Huawei MT130U

Beside connection "uptime" I've had no good experience with them. This may sound like a funny statement but my problem is that even though my Internet is up 24/7 (Been down only 3 or 4 days last year) I've never got the speed I've been paying for in the last 12 months. I'm paying for 35/3 but have been getting 25/2 for the last 12 months.

I've opened a minimum of three support tickets, that spans over 12 months, I've seen two or three Rogers technicians and written them countless emails and probably wasted days (if you add up all the time spent). For years calling Acanac support meant waiting on hold for 3-6 hours before someone picked up the phone, if you email Acanac it will take about 12-24+ hours to get a reply and that reply will usually be incomplete forcing you to reply to the messageand wait another 12-24++ hours for them to reply. Something simple may take 3 or 4 days to initiate because they force you to reply and reply and reply but can't be bothered to reply in an acceptable time frame.

For most issue they will require you to collect information on your computer, that process takes 30+ minutes of your time, most of that process is running a utility they give you that generates a text file but also a bunch of VERY technical questions that 90% of the population wouldn't understand. Their questionnaire is very misleading and they haven't updated in in ages even though customers have a hard time understanding it. They ask you to send a text file that's the result of that utility they make you run back to them.. Once you reply to their request for information (and the text file) they will reply to complain about your request not being complete (even though ALL the information is in the file you sent and that they requested you to send to them in the first place).

Here's the irony of that whole process:

- They ask you to send them the file their utility generates that has ALL they information they are requesting.

- They ask you questions in the message that aren't very clear and 90% wouldn't understand (but all the answers are in the file they make you send to them).

- They will reply asking you to cut & paste the information from the file to the email by yourself (remember, it takes 12-24h++) to get a reply from them so this wastes 24-48h++.

- Why they won't cut and paste by themselves is beyond me, if you click on the support ticket link to see the support thread you can see that the file is there for everyone to see, open and read, it's not like it got discarded. Why ask for a file if you won't use it?

- You tell them (in their own form) that you are available at any period of the day on such and such days (the day they are asking you for) but it's not OK for them. They want you to explicitly say I'm available Jan 1st from 8am till 11pm, Jan 2nd from 8am to 11pm. Saying I'm available all day from Jan1st to Jan 7th isn't good enough, it's not explicit enough I guess. That's just going above and beyond making your customers life miserable.

Good luck trying to talk to a manager, it feels and looks like they work without one or that manager doesn't have a phone. You have to write an email to talk to a manager (and they may or may not call you, it's at their discretion, that's what a billing agent once told me hinting the fact that I would be wasting my time and wouldn't be getting a call without explicitly saying it likely because of other employees around her).

Now, going back to my Internet speed, not only the problem hasn't been fixed in 12 months but their billing department won't issue a credit until it is fixed (even though their support team can't seem to be able to fix it). There doesn't appear to be a level 2 support there, so after Rogers comes to your place and says your signal is as perfect as it gets they make you start the whole process all over again expecting a different results. Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

In short, if you don't have any issues you'll be fine, but with Acanac's newest pricing grid I would say that for any new customer considering a switch it's probably isn't worth risking it, you can get very comparable prices from almost everyone else if you shop around, someone that will try and help you. In my case I've been over billed for a year (and still am getting being over billed every month), any other provider (Bell, Rogers, TechSavvy) would have fixed the billing issue at the customer's request.

P.S. My review was deleted from Acanac's forum (saying their forum isn't for complaints) so I decided to post one here since it will be safe from deletion.

Comments:

Fergless

Cable Ticket.

Sorry if that was not good enough.

That's a useless reply and just goes to show how bad support is with Acanac.

I'm complaining that I've been dealing with this problem for over 12 months opening tickets and then you guys opening carrier tickets...

Your reply to me is that you've gotten a cable ticket with the carrier for me... Well my friend, I had already started the painful process of opening a carrier ticket last Friday with support and highlighted the absurdity of this process in my message.. You didn't open any sort of carrier ticket for me, what you did is move my ticket from Friday to the top of the pile. I was #16 in your email queue at 9am today so without your "help" I probably would have had accomplished the same on my own. At the most, what you did for me is have someone get off their behind and cut & paste some information between a text file and an email instead of emailing me back that I missed a cut & paste in the process (bunch of lazy crooks).. I should be thankful for that?

You make it sound like you did something when you really haven't done or fixed anything.

- You guys are still over billing me every month (you didn't fix that)
- You guys aren't any closer to reimbursing me 12 months of over billing (you didn't fix that)
- I still can't talk to any manager (you didn't fix that)
- The response from support team today clearly indicates that they will open an RF ticket after this one and history clearly shows that after that RF ticket I will be opening a new speed ticket followed by a new RF ticket (been doing that for a year). (You didn't fix that) Would you like to share with us how many of those were opened on my behalf and why Acanac is still over billing me and making me go through this process to infinity? What if it takes another year before this is fixed, will you credit me at that point for 24 months of over billing?

You guys expect a different outcome after making me do the same steps over and over and over and over and over again.

So no, I'm sorry but your post only goes to show that Acanac support and customer service is most likely the worst in the industry by trying to insinuate on a public forum that I'm ungrateful or something after you've done absolutely nothing for me that I haven't done myself, you're just trying to take credit for the hours I SPENT dealing with support (2 phone calls and 3 or 4 emails) since Friday.

If you want to help me:
- Get a manager to call me. (I won't waste a second writing an email complaint, point them to this post if they need to read anything before they talk)
- Get billing to issue a credit for over billing me for 12 months. Something they always refused to do until the problem is fixed.
- Get billing to STOP overbilling me (same as above).
- Get the speed fixed (or stop charging me for that speed and charge me for the service you are actually giving me which is 25/2).

Do either of the previous things that I've been trying to get for 12 months and maybe then and only then I'll let you imply you've done something for me. Until then, don't go bragging online for things that you haven't done.

Re: Cable Ticket.

I was unaware of your issue until today when I asked for your ticket # which I did communicate to Glenna do see if she could speed it up, and she did. Seems you had a very hard time filling out the troubleshooting form.

All I can post is my part in all of this startling today.

No bragging going on here, just the facts.

For your issue with billing, follow up with them nothing I can do with that.

said by Fergless:

All the information was in the text file your team ask people to submit, the problem is your tech support are lazy and can't cut & paste when the client doesn't understand the question. They always had all the information, they were just being lazy.

said by Fergeless :

All I can post is my part in all of this startling today.

You read my review and know it's been going on for 12 months, you know from the 4 tickets I sent you by PM the extend of what I've done and the fact that it hasn't been resolved in 12 months. So don't come here pretending your helping the process:

Sorry if that was not good enough.

No bragging going on here, just the facts.

You've accomplished nothing and contributed no facts, that's the bottom line.

said by Fergless:

For your issue with billing, follow up with them nothing I can do with that.

Goes exactly to my point, a bunch of crooks. I've stated that Billing won't issue a credit even though I'm not getting the service I'm paying for.

UPDATE: Probably from my complaints here, I miraculously got an update telling me I my ticket is closed and got to go through that same process again but in SAFE MODE. You guys are just crazy.

How hard is it to tell your billing department you can't give me the speed I'm paying for so that they issue a credit anc bill me for what I'm getting?

CROOKS!

»www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-r···-1204231

One more coming.

Chris Scarb

@205.210.223.x
i'm a potential customer, but thoughts of the pain you're going thru right now, i'd take my business somewhere else.

Good Luck :)

Good Luck, have a great day

Your Speed Diagnostics Report

It's BLANK !!

Re: Your Speed Diagnostics Report

It's BLANK !!

What do you mean, I just clicked on the link, there's 243 complaints and a C+ rating, most of the complaints can be read by the public.
Maybe the linked is blocked by your browser of something.

Your Speed Diagnostics Report

It's BLANK !! Was blank, OK now though

Re: Your Speed Diagnostics Report

Oh.. gotcha, the speed report (missed the subject), assumed you were talking about the BBB link I posted.

Yes, seems like your system stripped my entire report from the message message, online outlook (MS OWA) changed all the ------- from the speed report to an "html bar" and everything under that bar got truncated out of my email by your helpdesk system.

After checking the ticket online I noticed it got entirely stripped so I manually pasted it on that web page (the help desk web page).

Your help desk software likely needs and update to support newer mail clients (Outlook online is pretty mainstream).

Review by ggyl See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Fast and cheap"
Bad "Bad support, if you require any"
Overall "Great, maybe best option for the tech savvy people"

Initially ordered the 30/1 package for $35/month, no bandwidth cap. Recently got automatically upgraded to 35/3 package with the purchase of a new Docsis 3 modem (~70 dollars). Still paying the same $35 + tax monthly, on a 12 year term. I have this service at my University dorm in Guelph as well as my home in Toronto.

Overall, I have had a very good experience with Acanac. Only problem with this company is the lack of tech support (which is not really their fault as they are just reselling rogers service) but, its it very manageable if you know how to use google. Unless of course there is something physically wrong with your connection, then you are pretty much stuck for a 1-2 weeks with that problem till rogers decides to come fix the cable problem.

Comments:

Review by thebaz 568 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON
Good "Service does not go down, installation went perfectly."
Bad "High ping late in the day, I pay more then they said I would, they don't reply to cancel request, customer support is a joke."
Overall "OK service, I heard it depends on the area in which you live in. "

They promised me around $36/month (with tax) if I pay yearly. I am paying $42/month (w/ tax). Installation was good. The service barely goes down. I believe it is my lines, but I get higher ping recently. The modems are not really great, I believe they supply much better ones now though.

In conclusion, I am canceling because my neighbor got TEKSAVVY and says that it is much better. Lower ping, and the prices are great too. 300gb a month is way more then I need . The problem they ignore my cancel request so I am very frustrated.

member for 51 days, 26 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
darknestgirl

RE: reviews

Hi if you have a ticker number you can write it here and someone should be able to help you with this.
thebaz 568

join:2014-07-02
Niagara Falls, ON

Re: reviews

Yes ticket I'd is KEK-58938, they have replied asking for confimation , I replied back with confirmation but they don't reply to that. All I want to know is the date the service will disconnect. I don't understand why it would take almost 20 days just to reply back with the date.

Re: reviews

It should be disconnected now. They replied to your request as well.

Review by DBV1911 See Profile

• Location: Maple,ON
Good "Connection reliability"
Bad "Customer Service"
Overall "You get what you pay for"

I paid for one year service ahead of time, 25MB/s Cable Internet and got free phone for one year.
One year later, I decided to switch to V-Media so that I could get their TV Service too.
In order to avoid service disruption, I paid for one extra month to Acanac and asked for the installation from V-Media during that period.

- On June 17, I called Acanac and asked for the cancellation on July 3rd.
- V-Media installation was set for June 28.
- On June 25, out of nowhere, Acanac disconnected my Internet service, even though it was paid until July 3rd.

Since their Tech-Support and complaint dept. can be reached by email only, I sent several emails and got nothing but empty apologies, two days after each email. It was clear that no one even takes the time to read those emails. They promised me several times that a manager/supervisor will give me a call, but no one ever called me.

I resorted to hevae my complaints heard by one of their sales staff, but he again promised me to have someone call me, but they never did.
In one incident, I emailed them and they said we will extend your service for two more weeks. WHAT? What Service? I have got Internet service from a different provider already. What exactly are you going to extend?

Bottom line: They DO NOT read their complaint emails.

Comments:

Fergless

Sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear you were disconnected early. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Can you post your ticket # referencing this and I'll see where the failure was.

Acnac

It looks like this was a case of sour grapes from a company peeved at losing yet another customer.

Regardless of all the posturing they did on the early disconnection problem, they still owe you a week's worth of service, and its ridiculous that they should imply you will have to go back to them in order to get the credit.

Ask them for a refund cheque for the unused week, or send a report about them to the CTTS or BBB.....chances are they have done this before, and it could be profitable for them to do that.

Sadly, its also a warning not to give them advance cancellation notice.

said by Neil K:

Sadly, its also a warning not to give them advance cancellation notice.

I see you're trolling again Neil.

Re: Acnac

No, just telling it like it is to other customers, Fergless....don't lose too much sleep over that.

The company should sent this customer a replacement check for the eight days of lost service....its as simple as that.

said by Neil K:

There's no way for us to know what happened since there's no ticket # to go by. Simple as that

Review by holyspirit See Profile

• Location: York,ON
Bad "I am totally invaded by malaware with them coming from their sister company"
Overall "the people need to re own the internet and get back their screens"

·WIND Mobile
I am extremely disappointed with ACANAC since i found out after a long period of problems with malaware on 2 computers (or harassing pop ups) that the problem was deeper.

After
investigation and testing i found that my problems are all related to acanac since i do not have problems when i am at best buy nor coffee shops but just at home with ACANAC!

I ONLY HAVE EXTREME problems when connected with ACANAC., internet provider and have tried everything and spent a whole afternoon with apple and 6 hours with it help to get rid of my extreme malaware issues but in vain.

No one seems to understand this very unfortunate situation but perhaps no one is still aware yet of this form on internet corruption.

i have proof that acanac is sending me malaware and I found out through trying to fixing it.
ACANAC has caused me extreme hardship in terms of time management
and financial problems having to buy other computer etc I paid for computers and internet services of which is not functional.
This is ridiculous that we can no longer be productive with computer we buy and in our own home???

HISTORY

FIRST COMPUTER PROBLEMS
I had i noticed my older asus computer was acting strangely but was not sure why while I was paying acanac for internet services.
Finally after trying to get rid of all malaware with spypot. abusive pop ups still popped up right after we finished! intruded in my computer until finally my computer was completly frozen with popup and with a note saying to call this number which ended up in INDIA. I have taken pic of it. and have called the company (who pretends they are an it company .)

My first computer is useless now and i have to recover data!

2nd COMPUTER PROBLEMS

after a long months of problems with my extreme malaware issues on first computer which now is shut down with malaware pop up that took over my screen and I decided to buy an IPAD because i was told there were no viruses

However ipad came right away infested with malaware as soon as i USED IT (of sexual and games ) ( and 10% of the time it goes in the App Store!!)

i am simply linking or doing simple work and with no downloading and whatever i have done in the past with ease etc. I am mature and do not do funny stuff on computer so i use computer normally.

Even after reseting ipad malawares and 7 hours
the malaware/disgusting harassing ads came back they came back on both computers. So obviously these are not viruses. (and the situation is worse with safari!)! so it seems.
Because i am not an expert but i see safari is not an intelligent browser and consumer friendly! Where is the consumer in all this and why are we paying computer when we receive abusive ads on our screens?

Now after my 2nd computer i have still no peace and no productivity

LISTEN TO THIS YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT!

as we cleaned up the malaware from my first computer and we thought we solved it all
then came another malaware right away from a company in mississauga called canaca
HOW DID THEY KNOW?

and this company sending malaware is at the same address as acanac!!!!!

acanac is sending me malaware from another company of their own through a another company name but they OWN and are at the same office!

both companies
acanac and canaca are on same address on DUndas st in mississauga Both are tech companies but the latter is a server company or they allege.
when I checked canaca, also to my surprise had my isp address???
Isn't that a coiincidence that they know me and my isp address?

Why can 't you do a good job focusing on providing a good service to people instead of wasting my precious time.

IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTANDS THIS
tHIS IS TOTALLY MALICIOUS WORK

please be warned acanac is not just an internet provider
but an ab user of your computer to send malaware through another company they own. OR IS simply not protecting their users. I have called acanac again today and they said to get 3 party software!
I am getting rid of acanac since obviously they are up to no good.

I AM SEEKING A MORE SECURE AND ETHICAL INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER WHO WILL NOT BE TOO EXPENSIVE __ I KNOW I WANT PEACE AND PRODUCTIVITY BUT HEH HOW ABOUT PRICE?

DO KNOW WHOM?

Comments:

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21

I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

Definitely a new one in the tin-foil hat category for me!

Montreal, QC

Re: I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

I've had 99 problems with acanac but malaware 'ain't' one!

Canada

Re: I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

But doesn't the 99 problems with the company, by itself, speak volumes ?

Canada
LOL.....perhaps tinfoil also for when ACANAC also shuts down somebody's recently paid for 3 , 6, or 12 month service , while simultaneously and aggressively peddling $100 B-HELL ''repair'' services, Redneckcowboy?

Do the Bell ''repair' guys optionally cook, clean, or tapdance, in lieu of actual repairs, Rednekcowboy?

At this point, given that ACANAC readily refunds for these ''problems'' it

seems to create on its own ( as good an admission of guilt if ever there was one ) , I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them.

Did you say you're a satisfied ACANAC customer, Rednekcowboy ?
Expand your moderator at work
chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB
·ELECTRONICBOX
·WIND Mobile

and malware isnt your problem how?

malware is the end user's responsibility, Acanac has NO ACCESS to the users computer

If you are one of those people who like to try and stream anything (grey market stuff usually) from the internet or download torrents from non private trackers, then yes, you will get malware

Review by darknestgirl See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Good service overall(at least in my case)"
Bad "never had to use support so can't really find anything bad "

·Videotron
2007

I did consider tecksavvy for dsl company but after having to many problem when i was with them before i decide to go with Acanac.

I have the 5mbps down and 800 kbps dsl internet.

I order their service on the internet, receive the modem 2 days after the order and got activate 30 days after the order because of some problem on Bell ends.

They send me the aztech modem by fedex, all i had to do is plug it into my computer.

you probably saw me a lot here and on other dslr forum cause i love to help people and give my honest opinion on other post without sounding harsh or respectful. Now back at my topic

I've been with Acanac for the last 6 month except for some downtime that any other dsl company would have or had the past six month, i'm glad to say i'm very satisfied with the service, i didn't had any problem with it except of course problem from Bell side like anyone else in Acanac had(not showing up, putting people on the wrong profile, etc) I would recommend it to anyone who ask for a dsl company. I particularly love the fact that they have their own forum(community forum) where anyone new and future customer can come and expose their problem. There's always someone there ready to help even if some of the customer there are complaining but we always make sure that their problem was taking care of and i'm glad to say that most of them were resolve in no time.

So, please before you do complain, you should always exposed your problem to see if anyone can help you with it. WE often see people come here and complain after only one week without exposing their problem first to see if anyone can help them resolve it.

So to anyone who are considering to get acanac service don't hesitate to ask question here or on the community forum, we will be more than happy to answer them and to help if you have any problem with the service or your order.

Have a nice day

UPDATE

It's been almost a year now(august 8 ) still very please with the service, no problem except for the throttling on Bell part but theirs always a way to bypass that with the tunnelier, but don't forget that dsl is all about distance and wiring condition. So if your are not too far from the CO you should consider Acanac for the internet(can't say for the VOIP since i don't have it)

UPDATE

now i'm back for another year (monthly paiement 39.95) amazing service just receive a call from someone at the billing department to make sure i did receive the invoice so next update in 6 month

UPDATE 26-05-2013

I'm back with them after 2 year with videotron, i took month to month first to see what kind of speed i will get i got a little more than 25Mbps and around 9.62Mbps(vdsl 25/10 Mbps) i didn't review the tech support since i didn't have to call or contact them for any major problem other than a misunderstanding on my part about the installation process. i had to email billing twice and everything got resolve quickly.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2733711118.png

UPDATE 07/07/2013 after almost 2 month every thing still work the only problem is when i use p2p with any software(utorrent vuze bittorrent) my connection is disconnecting if i upload at more than 200Ko/s and my upload speed did decrease from 9.66Mbps to 7,43 Mbps, i try everything after contacting support(didn't have any problem with them, they did everything they could to help me ) nothing work but I'm not the only one, even Bell customer experience disconnection with P2P so i have to ask support to decrease my upload profile but i decide not too, i will change it for cable instead which is more reliable than vdsl or dsl.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2821306874.png

(different server but same distance 50Mi)

UPDATE 03/08/2013: Cable order done today, i will update my review when it's fully activate.

UPDATE 17/08/2013: Cable install and no major problem so far, get the speed advertise, the activation take a little bit more longer than vdsl, around 10 to 15 days before the tech can come(videotron in my case) Will update my review in a month.

UPDATE 12/09/2013: Since my cable connection is working great with no one single disconnection, i request them to cancel my vdsl account, they did answer my email really quick and asked me why i was cancelling, i told them about my cable connection i have with them is working great . I'm still waiting to get the vdsl connection cancelled after a week, so i ask them again to see what's going on with my last request but no answer.

UPDATE 15/09/2013: Still no answer from billing so far, can't tell if my request was fulfill or not.

UPDATE 16/09/2013: Finally got an answer from billing with the help of fergless, everything was taking care of.

UPDATE 11/01/2014: After being month to month for at least 4 month without any problem or speed change, i finally change it for yearly term. Will update the review if there's any change with my service.

UPDATE 02/07/2014: Been almost a full year now and no major problem. I did experience some dns problem in June (strangely Facebook always work when dns problem happen, couldn't get to any other website) but didn't last too long, probably just 5 minute in a day. Unless i get major problem until the end of this year i will definitively stay for another year.

Comments:

Fergless

Ticket #

Post your ticket # and I'll check.

Re: Ticket #

Look at your im. You should have it.

Re: Ticket #

Thank you, you should have a reply to your ticket, Auto Renew has been turned off.

Tks

Thanks, just receive it.

Lew

@ccra-adrc.gc.ca

Service problem

With Acanac, you need to note that they do not have phone support in the weekend and midnight.

Re: Service problem

said by Lew :

darknestgirl is well aware of that, she has been a customer for years off and on and has been very helpful on Acanac's Community Forum.

Tks

Review by johnpower8 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Nothing to say"
Bad "Where to start, Bad speed, Bad service, Bad support"
Overall "Learn from people who already made the mistakes"

·gemstelecom
After having a year of bad service just switched to another ISP, got 10MB speed and never got better then 6mb Network is over loaded or over crowded, support people are in hurry to hangup,

Comments:

Fergless
Toronto, ON

Sorry to hear you had problems.

Hi

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Do you have a ticket # referencing your problems?

Review by donkey See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "none"
Bad "people that reply to email tickets are morons, change contract rules"
Overall "I am out 80 bucks due to them changing agreements."

What I agreed to:

$39.95 x 12 %5gst, then on top of it % 9.5qst = $551.19

What I got charged: (after cancelling their internet 6 months in)

$49.95 x 6 %5gst, then on top of it % 9.5qst = $344.58

I was refunded the difference. ($206.61)

Cancel in the first month otherwise you're at their mercy,

So in retrospect, don't pay for a years service with this company, becuse they will screw you out of your hard earned money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACA CRAP has just SCREWED me out of near 80 bucks!!! Their money back guarantee if you cancel IS A LIE. Don't EVER sign up for a year with this company, unless you want to be SCREWED like they did to me.

I changed independent ISP companies. This costed $50. This said install includes a BELL tech to hook me up to a remote. I was already connected to a remote, It's a crappy lucent/stinger, but what can I do about that, nothing..

Then a second tech (TELECON tech) should have come here, and isolate my existing telephone wiring from the DSL line via POTS splitter, but his job was done way before he had to come here, due to I have one installed from a previous upgrade.

Install date, and a day I took off:

BELL left my line card on a default ADSL1 default profile of 3/.6. Guy in charge, all he had to do was slam his face on the left of the keyboard for 26/11 profile, smash on the middle for 15/1 or on the right for 5/.8. Yeah, it was that simple in simple terms. BELL didn't do anything.

TELECON didn't bother to show up.

BOTH marked the job as COMPLETED, go figure.

$50 never spent, o wait I did, I spent it for something resembling to happen above. Nice racket BELL.

So I am out $50 plus GST and on top of that QST for nothing ever happening. Look below, there's nothing anyone in charge can do about it either, apparently.

So give me the POTS splitter I paid for!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

I was convinced the people that were answering my email aka site tickets were in Pakistan. Pathetic attempts at English and generic responses to my rather direct questions. Acanac claimed they don't out source, so I guess Mehdi.M el al are located in Canada.

Incompetent idiots answer your emails/messages, and it takes them 3 to 4 days to even answer.

I was better off calling and waiting on hold for 30 minutes, to talk to the only person answering calls to get my line card replaced.

The actual BTS guy that fixed my line card called me, and in Quebec, he spoke to me in English, props to that guy, meme si je suis capable de lui parler en francais.

Bell left me a message on my machine to rate the service of their tech, but I don't wanna send a letter to rate him.

Bottom line, if your dsl is stable then acanac is great, if your dsl is crap, don't bother, they employ idiots to answer your email messages, call and hope there isn't a waiting period.

It has been working good, random dsl disconnections for what ever reason, once a night I guess.

member for 6.3 years, 2083 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Moradian

join:2014-02-14
·Acanac

They should be closed down - no questions asked.

My son bought me DSL last April as Mother's Day Gift little knowing he was buying me a year of stress and heartache. Since April not a single full month of internet. Tops 10-15 days. I did not have internet before Christmas until mid January. Then for 10-15 days and was gone. In the month of February I have had internet so far just for 2-3 days. I have sent them emails every single day. Their CSRs are idiots and morons is an understatement of the century. Every time I send a complaint first thing we cannot find your account. Then I have to send all the registration papers and then it clues it. Then again, someone sitting somewhere I am sure on a bus in India or Pakistan tells me to go and plus this in and plug that out and check the line. If I am going to do the heavy lifting, what the hell is he getting paid for. As I said I have written to CTV to investigate and have finally gotten BBB involved to get me a full refund. If you want to buy yourself truckloads of stress, pay Acanac and they will keep you occupied all year round - every second.

Montreal, QC

Re: They should be closed down - no questions asked.

Let me know how it works out for you, I can send you my email conversations with Acanac, mind you after a while I was frustrated and you can tell in my replies lol.

Support etc.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thank you.

Re: Support etc.

All my problems stemmed from BELL not doing their job and then TELECON never showing up. My line card was reset to ADSL1 3 meg down, .6 up when it should have been VDSL2 26/11 (I'm on a stinger).

Trying to get this simple issue resolved resulted in people responding to my emails with broken English and next to useless replies.

Then my line card died, not Acanac's fault, but the people that responded to my emails and phone calls are uneducated in the BELL practices of not being able to hit me with a DMC charge see: »www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2012/2012-83.htm

Bell didn't do their job installing me a proper demarc, but hey it's win win for me, they can't threaten me with DMC charges! Nor did they set my profile correctly.

Bottom line, improve your scripts the people that answer email/tickets are given, possibly offer English classes. La prochaine fois je vais ultilizer Francais, pour voir si les Francophones sont inutile comme les Anglais que vous emploi.

Let me know, I can copy/paste my questions and Acanac's answers so you can see first hand, and everyone else can too, how frustrating the answers/solutions are.

Re: Support etc.

If I remember correctly I got your Upstream raised and you were good with that. Other than that I'm unaware you are still having issues.

For the invoice problem I can not help you with that you will need to take that up with billing.

Have a great weekend

Customer complaints: complaints@acanac.com
Customer feedback: feedback@acanac.com

Re: Support etc.

"Now onto the TELECON no show, I was worried that because they never came, I possibly would be disconnected due to that fact, but apparently they marked the job as DONE. That installation/activation fee includes a fancy POTS SPLITTER that I was not given, and which I feel I am owed on principal.
"

Good ol' Acanac, you addressed the first issue and then ignored the second, and if it was you whom directly addressed my upload problem, then "your" welcome.

I paid $50 for a fail install, bell didn't do their job and neither did TELECON.

I spent over 2 weeks dealing with a default line card set to 3 down, ,6 up and the people I emailed couldn't comprehend that simple fact where it should be their job to know.

Meh bell changed me to a new port in their stinger and my internet/land line works again.

You owe me a pots splitter, I paid for it.

·TekSavvy DSL
A week with no replies, expect this with Acanac support, dust it under the rug kind of attitude.

I will copy/paste the dealings I have with their email/ticket support, and I apologize in advanced if I come off as a jerk, but at the time I was at my whits end.

p.s. give me the pots splitter TELECON didn't give me, nor did they show up, nor did they do their job and simply marked the job as complete. I paid for it.

Ticket # ?

Re: Support etc.

Bell didn't do their job, I was already connected to this crappy stinger. Bell couldn't even be bothered to change my line card profile from adsl1 3/.8 to vdsl2 26/11.

Telecon didn't bother to show up, or do anything. All they had to do was show up, on the day I took off, I would have shown them my fancy pots splitter already installed, he would have just had to handed me my complimentary pots splitter.

Both marked the job as complete.

I DEMAND my $50 back due to nobody doing what I paid for in the first place.

WOW, I just checked my generic acanac email to get the login to post it here, and I have 2 dirty porno spam messages to a user that isn't me. Strong spam filters Acanac.
I have NEVER used this email address.

Here's a ticket # GOW-12915

I saved the other ones, I can post them so that all can see the people responding to my email/tickets are inept.

Thank you and have a good night.

·TekSavvy DSL
Oh and for what ever reason, I was resent my first invoice out of the blue. I replied that if my credit card was charged a second time, I would contest it.

This was my reply:

"This better be a mistake, because there is no reason for this, and a) I in
writing told you that you no longer have my consent to access my credit
card b) I will contest this charge with my credit card company."

Guess what the response was?

"Dear Valued Client,

May we ask why you are wishing to cancel your Acanac service?

Please let us know so that we can see if any of our specialists can help resolve any issues you may be having.

Please write back soon so that if you do decide to stay with us I can make the changes to your account in time.

Best Regards"

lol I have plenty of examples to show if anyone one want to see how incompetent the people that answer email/help tickets are.

Posted on 07 Feb 2014 06:24 PM my last reply to the above

Posted on 03 Mar 2014 04:42 PM the date I received a response

Re: Support etc.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do, this is not something I can help you with.

Re: Support etc.

refund me $50 plus gst/qst for the install that never happened?

send me a pots splitter, that if you can't refund me the install fee, that I paid for, and never received?

Re: Support etc.

I can't do either donkey, you would need to go through support or billing.

Re: Support etc.

Does Mehdi.M work for either of those departments? I just ask because I'd rather smash my head against the wall other than deal with that guy ever again.

Re: Support etc.

I'm sure I am not the first to get screwed by bell/telecon, however I would like it to stop. I hope people educate themselves on what's supposed to happen during an install, and in my case, where nothing was done, to scream and yell.

$50 plus gst/qst for nothing to happen or be done, GO BELL GO. And to top it off, I have to call up.

I'll give Acanac this, last time I called, the guy that got my last bell repair ticket fixed was awesome, very professional and understanding.

I didn't get his name, otherwise I'd say it here.

Re: Support etc.

So you have no Demarc if I remember correctly, and now no POTS splitter. Not passing the buck but have you called Bell about it.

I think I know who the tech was for the Bell ticket, I can ask him to check with you.

Re: Support etc.

My demarc is an old antiquated one with no test jack, and I like it, bell cannot charge me diagnostic fees . I have a pots splitter from when I upgraded my 5/.8 to 15/1.

So all telecon had to do was hand me a second pots splitter that was paid for under the $50 installation fee.

All bell had to do was update my profile, aka tap a few buttons on their computer, but didn't.

Re: Support etc.

All I can suggest for both of your topics:
»Review of Acanac by donkey
»Support etc..

Is to email complaints@acanac.com they may be able to help you.

dummies

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 10:15 PM
Hello,

Your telephone provider has informed us that you have a product on your telephone that is incompatible with DSL services. Can you please contact your telephone provider to have this product removed. Once this is completed, please email or call our technical support department with the date this product will be removed. Once this has been completed, we can restart the activation process for your DSL internet.

If the product is unable to be removed, we may still be able to install services on a dryloop. A dryloop costs an additional $8 plus taxes per month and requires a technician install. If you require a dryloop please email us back or reach our tech support line @ 1-866-281-3538 Ext 4

Posted on 17 Dec 2013 12:36 AM
are you stupid?

I won't have a "product" on my line by the 20th, you know the date I want this to be installed.

You know, the date I asked and agreed to have this done.

Either make this happen on the 20th or refund my money, I am sick and tired of this inept show of ineptness.

If only you read the notes, I asked for an install date after you tried to log it with bell, and yet you just did it again.

I am growing weary of this company and their ways, God forbid I actually have a serious problem, I will be screwed.

I am eating bacon while I typed this, does that make you mad?

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 12:26 AM
1. When does my 12 term start

2. Give me the default modem firmware/config (helpful tip: DEFAULT does NOT sync on a stinger remote, but I guess you don't know what that is.

3. DEMAND bell fix my 3MBit pathetic internet, all they have to do is update my profile in lantern (p.s. this better be the start date of my 12 month subscription.

Invoice telecon for me, $100 for wasting 8 hours of my time yesterday.

It is now Monday, get bell to fix my line profile! I guess not Tuesday or Wednesday because they are new years eve and new years, how ever if this is not solved by Thursday, I will DEMAND a full refund (minus the modem costs of course).

I am fed up, with dealing with card reading third world support that don't bother to answer my multiple questions and simply copy/paste the third item they're supposed to from their card.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 09:19 AM
Hello,

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

We forwarded your cancellation request to “30 Days Money Back” department. We'll update you as soon as my colleagues confirm your request. Please wait, thanks.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:24 AM
I threatened to cancel, I didn't ask to cancel, moron.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:28 AM
Hello,

We need to wait for the confirmation of my colleagues in "30 days" department. Please kindly wait.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:33 AM

I threatened to cancel, I didn't ask to cancel, moron(s).

Posted on 01 Jan 2014 12:25 AM
Hi,

Please note that we need our manager's confirmation for any further action. Please kindly wait till we receive his response.
Acanac Inc.

^^^ last I heard from this ticket.

strong spam filters

I have NEVER used this default email address and look:

They are not even directly addressed to my email, but somewhat similar addresses.

Re: strong spam filters

So six months in, I have decided to cancel my service with this crappy company.

12 month term at $39.99 a month paid in full.

Their reply is that they will charge me $49.99 x 6 months plus taxes and will send me the difference.

So a fair warning to anyone that decides they are going to pay a year in advance with this untrustworthy company. They have your money, too bad so sad!

$39.99 x 12 (what I agreed with)
$479.88 (total)
$551.74 (with gst, then qst on top of that)

They want to refund me with charging me 6 x $49.95
That's:
$49.95 x 6 = $299.70
With taxes - $344.58 (5% and then %9.5 on top of GST)

So ACANCRAP just changed their full money refund guarantee that I read and agreed to when I signed up.

Garbage support, garbage internet, garbage company and now since they have the knife in my stomach, they're twisting it so I remember my 6 months of hell with this crappy company.

Basically, don't agree to a year service with ACA CRAP, they will go back on their word, they won't deliver on their promises, once they have your money you are nothing to them.

Toronto, ON

Charged for what you have used !!!

If you are on a yearly term and do not finish the term and cancel early, which seems to be your case then you would be charged for the months you have used at the nearest term price, in your case 6 months. There is no truth to your comments that Acanac is out to get your money. You pay for what you have used.

Good luck with your next ISP.

Regards

Re: Charged for what you have used !!!

I signed up for a 12 month term, at $39.95 a month. Six months in I cancelled. Instead of being billed $39.95 x 6 (which I am personally more than willing to pay and agree to) AcanCRAP decided to charge me $49.95 for those 6 months.

I cancelled early, 6 months, that is, and YOU as a company changed the rules.

So yeah, ACANCRAP decided that these first 6 months are billable $10 more than my contract.

Good Luch with your next LIFE.

Regards

quote:
Good kuch with your next LIFE.

Thank you, good luck with yours.

quote:
Good kuch with your next LIFE.

Thank you, good luck with yours.

No problem good sir, I have nothing against you as a person, I lose over $60 quitting you, your company. GODSPEED

·TekSavvy DSL

Can't sign up with new ISP, Acanac never told bell I cancelled with them!

One last stab to the heart! We agreed to have a cancellation date of June 28th. New order with new ISP submitted on June 29th.

Guess what bell did, they REJECTED my order because of incompatible service on line, AKA ACANAC DSL!

They just tried to submit my order again today (July 4th), yep, REJECTED!

So now I am at Acanac's mercy, I cannot sign up with a new company!

·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Can't sign up with new ISP, Acanac never told bell I cancelled with them!

13 days later after my official cancellation request/date and still I cannot subscribe to a new company. Thanks for this new ammo that I will use when I take Acacrap to small claims court for the $60 and $50 fail installation that I paid in good faith and was taken for.