Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by ggyl See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Fast and cheap"
Bad "Bad support, if you require any"
Overall "Great, maybe best option for the tech savvy people"

Initially ordered the 30/1 package for $35/month, no bandwidth cap. Recently got automatically upgraded to 35/3 package with the purchase of a new Docsis 3 modem (~70 dollars). Still paying the same $35 + tax monthly, on a 12 year term. I have this service at my University dorm in Guelph as well as my home in Toronto.

Overall, I have had a very good experience with Acanac. Only problem with this company is the lack of tech support (which is not really their fault as they are just reselling rogers service) but, its it very manageable if you know how to use google. Unless of course there is something physically wrong with your connection, then you are pretty much stuck for a 1-2 weeks with that problem till rogers decides to come fix the cable problem.

Comments:

Review by thebaz 568 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON
Good "Service does not go down, installation went perfectly."
Bad "High ping late in the day, I pay more then they said I would, they don't reply to cancel request, customer support is a joke."
Overall "OK service, I heard it depends on the area in which you live in. "

They promised me around $36/month (with tax) if I pay yearly. I am paying $42/month (w/ tax). Installation was good. The service barely goes down. I believe it is my lines, but I get higher ping recently. The modems are not really great, I believe they supply much better ones now though.

In conclusion, I am canceling because my neighbor got TEKSAVVY and says that it is much better. Lower ping, and the prices are great too. 300gb a month is way more then I need . The problem they ignore my cancel request so I am very frustrated.

member for 20 days, 16 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
darknestgirl

RE: reviews

Hi if you have a ticker number you can write it here and someone should be able to help you with this.
thebaz 568

join:2014-07-02
Niagara Falls, ON

Re: reviews

Yes ticket I'd is KEK-58938, they have replied asking for confimation , I replied back with confirmation but they don't reply to that. All I want to know is the date the service will disconnect. I don't understand why it would take almost 20 days just to reply back with the date.

Review by Alexein See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Speed is consistent, uptime is consistent"
Bad "Support guys mistake cost me an upgrade, they won't fix it"
Overall "Felt lied to and cheated. Not returning to this ISP."

So i signed up for 28/1 cable service and things are okay so far. First year everything works like it should. I would give them a glowing review up until this point.

But a month before I have to renew, i notice the old 28/1 plan is gone and there is a new 35/3 plan in its place for the same cost. I think "awesome! i'll upgrade to that... but i better ask to make sure!" so i email and ask if i'll get the new plan, and if i'm on the old plan i say i want to upgrade. The support guys says i'm already on the new plan. I think "sweet! i guess i'll wait until my current one expires and renews to get the improved speed."

A month later the service renews and i check my speeds to find i'm still on the old plan. Funny, my *bill* even says i'm on the new plan. I email them and ask whats up. They now tell me you only get the old speeds. If you want the new speeds you have to specifically ask to get the new plan. WTF? So even if my bill says i'm on the new plan that i get the old speeds? What kind of a fucking lie is that? I specifically had *asked* if i'm on the old plan and that if i was, i wanted an upgrade. The old guy tells me i'm on the new plan so why would i "specifically ask" for the new plan? What kind of a deceptive run-around is this? I'm supposed to be psychic and know that the new plan is actually the old plan? New support guy implies the old guy made a mistake.

So because of a mistake i have a bill that tells me i'm on the new plan, but speeds on the old plan.

I check again about the new plan and i find now the new plan is more expensive today than when i had applied. Was that the trick? they didn't want to give me the new plan at the agreed price so they simply say they "made a mistake" and keep me on the old plan despite my *bill* saying its the new plan?

Can't even cancel the service now because its not within the 30 day guarantee.

Overall, they were a good company until they decided to fuck up like that. I don't know if it was an honest mistake or an intentional deception. I think the latter because they refuse to fix it, citing they don't offer the new plan at the agreed price any more.

Doubt i'll be returning to this ISP.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this month

Comments:

Fergless

Higher Speed.

Sorry to hear that Alexein, if you had let us know ahead of time, before the old plan was no longer available from the carrier, we could have put you on the higher speed no problem.

Alexein

join:2014-07-12

Re: Higher Speed.

This would be reasonable if there was some warning or email saying that the old plan was going to be discontinued. I got no such warning. The only thing i could reasonably do was email when i was due to renew... which i did.

So... I'm supposed to be psychic and know that the old plan would no longer be available and tell you before it's gone.

Right... I guess it's my fault. I was born without psychic power.

Toronto, ON
Can your post your ticket # referring to this, I'd like to see what went wrong here.
Alexein

join:2014-07-12

Re: Higher Speed.

Apologies for the late reply. I only check this every few days.

First ticket#: UUD-42667

where I ask about the plans and ask to be upgraded if i'm on the old plan.

At this point in time the old plan was no longer offered and thus why asked about the plans. I didn't let Acanac know i wanted the upgraded plan before the old plan was discontinued *because* i didn't know it was going to be discontinued. Like i said, i don't have the benefits of psychic power.

Anyway, the support guy says i'm on the new plan, i don't push the matter because I have the honest good faith belief that's he actually MEANT i'm on the new plan, and not some weird trick where i am not. How does anyone expect me to know differently at this point?

Second ticket#: AIH-68086

Where i start complaining about the speed, and after a lot of confusion (not really this support guy's fault, neither of us quite knew what was going on until the end), we figure it out.

Overall, if it's the customer's duty to upgrade their plans before they are changed then it's only reasonable that the customers are warned, particularly by email, about upcoming changes to their plans. At the very least the first support should have just outright SAID "no, you're not on the new plan, you're stuck, too bad!". At least that would have been honest. I walked away from the first ticket thinking i would get the new plan. Even the *bill* says i'm on the new plan. Everything smells of the new plan, but it's not. how am i supposed to know the difference? Especially *before* it becomes too late to change it?

Tks Alexein

I'll check in the morning.

Acanac

"I don't know if it was an honest mistake or an intentional deception. I think the latter because they refuse to fix it, citing they don't offer the new plan at the agreed price any more."

In the ISP scheme of things the mistake is only honest if the customer was unintentionally credited in some way.

If the company gains a profit from the "error" then it was definitely not one. Ditto if the details of the plan are not plainly spelled out in the user agreement, or are otherwise too vague.

Hard to believe they pay people to come up with all these nickel and diming schemes....sad really.

You could always cancel the service as their reward for their policies.

Plans Prices

Plans and prices have changed for all the Indies. As the carriers change plans we have no choice but to offer what they do.

If the plan is no longer available from the carrier, we simply can not offer it or we definitely would.

Re: Plans Prices

Nice way of excusing what is basically a hard sell, Fergless.

said by Neil K:

Nice way of excusing what is basically a hard sell, Fergless.

Care to translate?

lol...google "hard sell", Fergless

I think the customer here knows what I'm referring to.

Re: Plans Prices

I would like to be in the loop as well A ticket # referencing this would be nice.

Review by DBV1911 See Profile

• Location: Maple,ON
Good "Connection reliability"
Bad "Customer Service"
Overall "You get what you pay for"

I paid for one year service ahead of time, 25MB/s Cable Internet and got free phone for one year.
One year later, I decided to switch to V-Media so that I could get their TV Service too.
In order to avoid service disruption, I paid for one extra month to Acanac and asked for the installation from V-Media during that period.

- On June 17, I called Acanac and asked for the cancellation on July 3rd.
- V-Media installation was set for June 28.
- On June 25, out of nowhere, Acanac disconnected my Internet service, even though it was paid until July 3rd.

Since their Tech-Support and complaint dept. can be reached by email only, I sent several emails and got nothing but empty apologies, two days after each email. It was clear that no one even takes the time to read those emails. They promised me several times that a manager/supervisor will give me a call, but no one ever called me.

I resorted to hevae my complaints heard by one of their sales staff, but he again promised me to have someone call me, but they never did.
In one incident, I emailed them and they said we will extend your service for two more weeks. WHAT? What Service? I have got Internet service from a different provider already. What exactly are you going to extend?

Bottom line: They DO NOT read their complaint emails.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this month

Comments:

Fergless

Sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear you were disconnected early. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Can you post your ticket # referencing this and I'll see where the failure was.

Acnac

It looks like this was a case of sour grapes from a company peeved at losing yet another customer.

Regardless of all the posturing they did on the early disconnection problem, they still owe you a week's worth of service, and its ridiculous that they should imply you will have to go back to them in order to get the credit.

Ask them for a refund cheque for the unused week, or send a report about them to the CTTS or BBB.....chances are they have done this before, and it could be profitable for them to do that.

Sadly, its also a warning not to give them advance cancellation notice.

said by Neil K:

Sadly, its also a warning not to give them advance cancellation notice.

I see you're trolling again Neil.

Re: Acnac

No, just telling it like it is to other customers, Fergless....don't lose too much sleep over that.

The company should sent this customer a replacement check for the eight days of lost service....its as simple as that.

said by Neil K:

There's no way for us to know what happened since there's no ticket # to go by. Simple as that

Review by holyspirit See Profile

• Location: York,ON
Bad "I am totally invaded by malaware with them coming from their sister company"
Overall "the people need to re own the internet and get back their screens"

·WIND Mobile
I am extremely disappointed with ACANAC since i found out after a long period of problems with malaware on 2 computers (or harassing pop ups) that the problem was deeper.

After
investigation and testing i found that my problems are all related to acanac since i do not have problems when i am at best buy nor coffee shops but just at home with ACANAC!

I ONLY HAVE EXTREME problems when connected with ACANAC., internet provider and have tried everything and spent a whole afternoon with apple and 6 hours with it help to get rid of my extreme malaware issues but in vain.

No one seems to understand this very unfortunate situation but perhaps no one is still aware yet of this form on internet corruption.

i have proof that acanac is sending me malaware and I found out through trying to fixing it.
ACANAC has caused me extreme hardship in terms of time management
and financial problems having to buy other computer etc I paid for computers and internet services of which is not functional.
This is ridiculous that we can no longer be productive with computer we buy and in our own home???

HISTORY

FIRST COMPUTER PROBLEMS
I had i noticed my older asus computer was acting strangely but was not sure why while I was paying acanac for internet services.
Finally after trying to get rid of all malaware with spypot. abusive pop ups still popped up right after we finished! intruded in my computer until finally my computer was completly frozen with popup and with a note saying to call this number which ended up in INDIA. I have taken pic of it. and have called the company (who pretends they are an it company .)

My first computer is useless now and i have to recover data!

2nd COMPUTER PROBLEMS

after a long months of problems with my extreme malaware issues on first computer which now is shut down with malaware pop up that took over my screen and I decided to buy an IPAD because i was told there were no viruses

However ipad came right away infested with malaware as soon as i USED IT (of sexual and games ) ( and 10% of the time it goes in the App Store!!)

i am simply linking or doing simple work and with no downloading and whatever i have done in the past with ease etc. I am mature and do not do funny stuff on computer so i use computer normally.

Even after reseting ipad malawares and 7 hours
the malaware/disgusting harassing ads came back they came back on both computers. So obviously these are not viruses. (and the situation is worse with safari!)! so it seems.
Because i am not an expert but i see safari is not an intelligent browser and consumer friendly! Where is the consumer in all this and why are we paying computer when we receive abusive ads on our screens?

Now after my 2nd computer i have still no peace and no productivity

LISTEN TO THIS YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT!

as we cleaned up the malaware from my first computer and we thought we solved it all
then came another malaware right away from a company in mississauga called canaca
HOW DID THEY KNOW?

and this company sending malaware is at the same address as acanac!!!!!

acanac is sending me malaware from another company of their own through a another company name but they OWN and are at the same office!

both companies
acanac and canaca are on same address on DUndas st in mississauga Both are tech companies but the latter is a server company or they allege.
when I checked canaca, also to my surprise had my isp address???
Isn't that a coiincidence that they know me and my isp address?

Why can 't you do a good job focusing on providing a good service to people instead of wasting my precious time.

IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTANDS THIS
tHIS IS TOTALLY MALICIOUS WORK

please be warned acanac is not just an internet provider
but an ab user of your computer to send malaware through another company they own. OR IS simply not protecting their users. I have called acanac again today and they said to get 3 party software!
I am getting rid of acanac since obviously they are up to no good.

I AM SEEKING A MORE SECURE AND ETHICAL INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER WHO WILL NOT BE TOO EXPENSIVE __ I KNOW I WANT PEACE AND PRODUCTIVITY BUT HEH HOW ABOUT PRICE?

DO KNOW WHOM?

Comments:

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21

I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

Definitely a new one in the tin-foil hat category for me!

Montreal, QC

Re: I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

I've had 99 problems with acanac but malaware 'ain't' one!

Canada

Re: I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

But doesn't the 99 problems with the company, by itself, speak volumes ?

Canada
LOL.....perhaps tinfoil also for when ACANAC also shuts down somebody's recently paid for 3 , 6, or 12 month service , while simultaneously and aggressively peddling $100 B-HELL ''repair'' services, Redneckcowboy?

Do the Bell ''repair' guys optionally cook, clean, or tapdance, in lieu of actual repairs, Rednekcowboy?

At this point, given that ACANAC readily refunds for these ''problems'' it

seems to create on its own ( as good an admission of guilt if ever there was one ) , I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them.

Did you say you're a satisfied ACANAC customer, Rednekcowboy ?
Expand your moderator at work
chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB
·ELECTRONICBOX
·WIND Mobile

and malware isnt your problem how?

malware is the end user's responsibility, Acanac has NO ACCESS to the users computer

If you are one of those people who like to try and stream anything (grey market stuff usually) from the internet or download torrents from non private trackers, then yes, you will get malware

Review by darknestgirl See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Good service overall(at least in my case)"
Bad "never had to use support so can't really find anything bad "

·Videotron
2007

I did consider tecksavvy for dsl company but after having to many problem when i was with them before i decide to go with Acanac.

I have the 5mbps down and 800 kbps dsl internet.

I order their service on the internet, receive the modem 2 days after the order and got activate 30 days after the order because of some problem on Bell ends.

They send me the aztech modem by fedex, all i had to do is plug it into my computer.

you probably saw me a lot here and on other dslr forum cause i love to help people and give my honest opinion on other post without sounding harsh or respectful. Now back at my topic

I've been with Acanac for the last 6 month except for some downtime that any other dsl company would have or had the past six month, i'm glad to say i'm very satisfied with the service, i didn't had any problem with it except of course problem from Bell side like anyone else in Acanac had(not showing up, putting people on the wrong profile, etc) I would recommend it to anyone who ask for a dsl company. I particularly love the fact that they have their own forum(community forum) where anyone new and future customer can come and expose their problem. There's always someone there ready to help even if some of the customer there are complaining but we always make sure that their problem was taking care of and i'm glad to say that most of them were resolve in no time.

So, please before you do complain, you should always exposed your problem to see if anyone can help you with it. WE often see people come here and complain after only one week without exposing their problem first to see if anyone can help them resolve it.

So to anyone who are considering to get acanac service don't hesitate to ask question here or on the community forum, we will be more than happy to answer them and to help if you have any problem with the service or your order.

Have a nice day

UPDATE

It's been almost a year now(august 8 ) still very please with the service, no problem except for the throttling on Bell part but theirs always a way to bypass that with the tunnelier, but don't forget that dsl is all about distance and wiring condition. So if your are not too far from the CO you should consider Acanac for the internet(can't say for the VOIP since i don't have it)

UPDATE

now i'm back for another year (monthly paiement 39.95) amazing service just receive a call from someone at the billing department to make sure i did receive the invoice so next update in 6 month

UPDATE 26-05-2013

I'm back with them after 2 year with videotron, i took month to month first to see what kind of speed i will get i got a little more than 25Mbps and around 9.62Mbps(vdsl 25/10 Mbps) i didn't review the tech support since i didn't have to call or contact them for any major problem other than a misunderstanding on my part about the installation process. i had to email billing twice and everything got resolve quickly.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2733711118.png

UPDATE 07/07/2013 after almost 2 month every thing still work the only problem is when i use p2p with any software(utorrent vuze bittorrent) my connection is disconnecting if i upload at more than 200Ko/s and my upload speed did decrease from 9.66Mbps to 7,43 Mbps, i try everything after contacting support(didn't have any problem with them, they did everything they could to help me ) nothing work but I'm not the only one, even Bell customer experience disconnection with P2P so i have to ask support to decrease my upload profile but i decide not too, i will change it for cable instead which is more reliable than vdsl or dsl.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2821306874.png

(different server but same distance 50Mi)

UPDATE 03/08/2013: Cable order done today, i will update my review when it's fully activate.

UPDATE 17/08/2013: Cable install and no major problem so far, get the speed advertise, the activation take a little bit more longer than vdsl, around 10 to 15 days before the tech can come(videotron in my case) Will update my review in a month.

UPDATE 12/09/2013: Since my cable connection is working great with no one single disconnection, i request them to cancel my vdsl account, they did answer my email really quick and asked me why i was cancelling, i told them about my cable connection i have with them is working great . I'm still waiting to get the vdsl connection cancelled after a week, so i ask them again to see what's going on with my last request but no answer.

UPDATE 15/09/2013: Still no answer from billing so far, can't tell if my request was fulfill or not.

UPDATE 16/09/2013: Finally got an answer from billing with the help of fergless, everything was taking care of.

UPDATE 11/01/2014: After being month to month for at least 4 month without any problem or speed change, i finally change it for yearly term. Will update the review if there's any change with my service.

UPDATE 02/07/2014: Been almost a full year now and no major problem. I did experience some dns problem in June (strangely Facebook always work when dns problem happen, couldn't get to any other website) but didn't last too long, probably just 5 minute in a day. Unless i get major problem until the end of this year i will definitively stay for another year.

Comments:

Fergless

Ticket #

Post your ticket # and I'll check.

Re: Ticket #

Look at your im. You should have it.

Re: Ticket #

Thank you, you should have a reply to your ticket, Auto Renew has been turned off.

Tks

Thanks, just receive it.

Lew

@ccra-adrc.gc.ca

Service problem

With Acanac, you need to note that they do not have phone support in the weekend and midnight.

Re: Service problem

said by Lew :

darknestgirl is well aware of that, she has been a customer for years off and on and has been very helpful on Acanac's Community Forum.

Tks

Review by johnpower8 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Nothing to say"
Bad "Where to start, Bad speed, Bad service, Bad support"
Overall "Learn from people who already made the mistakes"

·gemstelecom
After having a year of bad service just switched to another ISP, got 10MB speed and never got better then 6mb Network is over loaded or over crowded, support people are in hurry to hangup,

Comments:

Fergless
Toronto, ON

Sorry to hear you had problems.

Hi

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Do you have a ticket # referencing your problems?

Review by donkey See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "none"
Bad "people that reply to email tickets are morons, change contract rules"
Overall "I am out 80 bucks due to them changing agreements."

What I agreed to:

$39.95 x 12 %5gst, then on top of it % 9.5qst = $551.19

What I got charged: (after cancelling their internet 6 months in)

$49.95 x 6 %5gst, then on top of it % 9.5qst = $344.58

I was refunded the difference. ($206.61)

Cancel in the first month otherwise you're at their mercy,

So in retrospect, don't pay for a years service with this company, becuse they will screw you out of your hard earned money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACA CRAP has just SCREWED me out of near 80 bucks!!! Their money back guarantee if you cancel IS A LIE. Don't EVER sign up for a year with this company, unless you want to be SCREWED like they did to me.

I changed independent ISP companies. This costed $50. This said install includes a BELL tech to hook me up to a remote. I was already connected to a remote, It's a crappy lucent/stinger, but what can I do about that, nothing..

Then a second tech (TELECON tech) should have come here, and isolate my existing telephone wiring from the DSL line via POTS splitter, but his job was done way before he had to come here, due to I have one installed from a previous upgrade.

Install date, and a day I took off:

BELL left my line card on a default ADSL1 default profile of 3/.6. Guy in charge, all he had to do was slam his face on the left of the keyboard for 26/11 profile, smash on the middle for 15/1 or on the right for 5/.8. Yeah, it was that simple in simple terms. BELL didn't do anything.

TELECON didn't bother to show up.

BOTH marked the job as COMPLETED, go figure.

$50 never spent, o wait I did, I spent it for something resembling to happen above. Nice racket BELL.

So I am out $50 plus GST and on top of that QST for nothing ever happening. Look below, there's nothing anyone in charge can do about it either, apparently.

So give me the POTS splitter I paid for!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

I was convinced the people that were answering my email aka site tickets were in Pakistan. Pathetic attempts at English and generic responses to my rather direct questions. Acanac claimed they don't out source, so I guess Mehdi.M el al are located in Canada.

Incompetent idiots answer your emails/messages, and it takes them 3 to 4 days to even answer.

I was better off calling and waiting on hold for 30 minutes, to talk to the only person answering calls to get my line card replaced.

The actual BTS guy that fixed my line card called me, and in Quebec, he spoke to me in English, props to that guy, meme si je suis capable de lui parler en francais.

Bell left me a message on my machine to rate the service of their tech, but I don't wanna send a letter to rate him.

Bottom line, if your dsl is stable then acanac is great, if your dsl is crap, don't bother, they employ idiots to answer your email messages, call and hope there isn't a waiting period.

It has been working good, random dsl disconnections for what ever reason, once a night I guess.

member for 6.2 years, 2053 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Moradian

join:2014-02-14
·Acanac

They should be closed down - no questions asked.

My son bought me DSL last April as Mother's Day Gift little knowing he was buying me a year of stress and heartache. Since April not a single full month of internet. Tops 10-15 days. I did not have internet before Christmas until mid January. Then for 10-15 days and was gone. In the month of February I have had internet so far just for 2-3 days. I have sent them emails every single day. Their CSRs are idiots and morons is an understatement of the century. Every time I send a complaint first thing we cannot find your account. Then I have to send all the registration papers and then it clues it. Then again, someone sitting somewhere I am sure on a bus in India or Pakistan tells me to go and plus this in and plug that out and check the line. If I am going to do the heavy lifting, what the hell is he getting paid for. As I said I have written to CTV to investigate and have finally gotten BBB involved to get me a full refund. If you want to buy yourself truckloads of stress, pay Acanac and they will keep you occupied all year round - every second.

Montreal, QC

Re: They should be closed down - no questions asked.

Let me know how it works out for you, I can send you my email conversations with Acanac, mind you after a while I was frustrated and you can tell in my replies lol.

Support etc.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thank you.

Re: Support etc.

All my problems stemmed from BELL not doing their job and then TELECON never showing up. My line card was reset to ADSL1 3 meg down, .6 up when it should have been VDSL2 26/11 (I'm on a stinger).

Trying to get this simple issue resolved resulted in people responding to my emails with broken English and next to useless replies.

Then my line card died, not Acanac's fault, but the people that responded to my emails and phone calls are uneducated in the BELL practices of not being able to hit me with a DMC charge see: »www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2012/2012-83.htm

Bell didn't do their job installing me a proper demarc, but hey it's win win for me, they can't threaten me with DMC charges! Nor did they set my profile correctly.

Bottom line, improve your scripts the people that answer email/tickets are given, possibly offer English classes. La prochaine fois je vais ultilizer Francais, pour voir si les Francophones sont inutile comme les Anglais que vous emploi.

Let me know, I can copy/paste my questions and Acanac's answers so you can see first hand, and everyone else can too, how frustrating the answers/solutions are.

Re: Support etc.

If I remember correctly I got your Upstream raised and you were good with that. Other than that I'm unaware you are still having issues.

For the invoice problem I can not help you with that you will need to take that up with billing.

Have a great weekend

Customer complaints: complaints@acanac.com
Customer feedback: feedback@acanac.com

Re: Support etc.

"Now onto the TELECON no show, I was worried that because they never came, I possibly would be disconnected due to that fact, but apparently they marked the job as DONE. That installation/activation fee includes a fancy POTS SPLITTER that I was not given, and which I feel I am owed on principal.
"

Good ol' Acanac, you addressed the first issue and then ignored the second, and if it was you whom directly addressed my upload problem, then "your" welcome.

I paid $50 for a fail install, bell didn't do their job and neither did TELECON.

I spent over 2 weeks dealing with a default line card set to 3 down, ,6 up and the people I emailed couldn't comprehend that simple fact where it should be their job to know.

Meh bell changed me to a new port in their stinger and my internet/land line works again.

You owe me a pots splitter, I paid for it.

·TekSavvy DSL
A week with no replies, expect this with Acanac support, dust it under the rug kind of attitude.

I will copy/paste the dealings I have with their email/ticket support, and I apologize in advanced if I come off as a jerk, but at the time I was at my whits end.

p.s. give me the pots splitter TELECON didn't give me, nor did they show up, nor did they do their job and simply marked the job as complete. I paid for it.

Ticket # ?

2 edits

Re: Support etc.

Bell didn't do their job, I was already connected to this crappy stinger. Bell couldn't even be bothered to change my line card profile from adsl1 3/.8 to vdsl2 26/11.

Telecon didn't bother to show up, or do anything. All they had to do was show up, on the day I took off, I would have shown them my fancy pots splitter already installed, he would have just had to handed me my complimentary pots splitter.

Both marked the job as complete.

I DEMAND my $50 back due to nobody doing what I paid for in the first place.

WOW, I just checked my generic acanac email to get the login to post it here, and I have 2 dirty porno spam messages to a user that isn't me. Strong spam filters Acanac.
I have NEVER used this email address.

Here's a ticket # GOW-12915

I saved the other ones, I can post them so that all can see the people responding to my email/tickets are inept.

Thank you and have a good night.

·TekSavvy DSL
Oh and for what ever reason, I was resent my first invoice out of the blue. I replied that if my credit card was charged a second time, I would contest it.

This was my reply:

"This better be a mistake, because there is no reason for this, and a) I in
writing told you that you no longer have my consent to access my credit
card b) I will contest this charge with my credit card company."

Guess what the response was?

"Dear Valued Client,

May we ask why you are wishing to cancel your Acanac service?

Please let us know so that we can see if any of our specialists can help resolve any issues you may be having.

Please write back soon so that if you do decide to stay with us I can make the changes to your account in time.

Best Regards"

lol I have plenty of examples to show if anyone one want to see how incompetent the people that answer email/help tickets are.

Posted on 07 Feb 2014 06:24 PM my last reply to the above

Posted on 03 Mar 2014 04:42 PM the date I received a response

Re: Support etc.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do, this is not something I can help you with.

Re: Support etc.

refund me $50 plus gst/qst for the install that never happened?

send me a pots splitter, that if you can't refund me the install fee, that I paid for, and never received?

Re: Support etc.

I can't do either donkey, you would need to go through support or billing.

Re: Support etc.

Does Mehdi.M work for either of those departments? I just ask because I'd rather smash my head against the wall other than deal with that guy ever again.

Re: Support etc.

I'm sure I am not the first to get screwed by bell/telecon, however I would like it to stop. I hope people educate themselves on what's supposed to happen during an install, and in my case, where nothing was done, to scream and yell.

$50 plus gst/qst for nothing to happen or be done, GO BELL GO. And to top it off, I have to call up.

I'll give Acanac this, last time I called, the guy that got my last bell repair ticket fixed was awesome, very professional and understanding.

I didn't get his name, otherwise I'd say it here.

Re: Support etc.

So you have no Demarc if I remember correctly, and now no POTS splitter. Not passing the buck but have you called Bell about it.

I think I know who the tech was for the Bell ticket, I can ask him to check with you.

Re: Support etc.

My demarc is an old antiquated one with no test jack, and I like it, bell cannot charge me diagnostic fees . I have a pots splitter from when I upgraded my 5/.8 to 15/1.

So all telecon had to do was hand me a second pots splitter that was paid for under the $50 installation fee.

All bell had to do was update my profile, aka tap a few buttons on their computer, but didn't.

Re: Support etc.

All I can suggest for both of your topics:
»Review of Acanac by donkey
»Support etc..

Is to email complaints@acanac.com they may be able to help you.

dummies

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 10:15 PM
Hello,

Your telephone provider has informed us that you have a product on your telephone that is incompatible with DSL services. Can you please contact your telephone provider to have this product removed. Once this is completed, please email or call our technical support department with the date this product will be removed. Once this has been completed, we can restart the activation process for your DSL internet.

If the product is unable to be removed, we may still be able to install services on a dryloop. A dryloop costs an additional $8 plus taxes per month and requires a technician install. If you require a dryloop please email us back or reach our tech support line @ 1-866-281-3538 Ext 4

Posted on 17 Dec 2013 12:36 AM
are you stupid?

I won't have a "product" on my line by the 20th, you know the date I want this to be installed.

You know, the date I asked and agreed to have this done.

Either make this happen on the 20th or refund my money, I am sick and tired of this inept show of ineptness.

If only you read the notes, I asked for an install date after you tried to log it with bell, and yet you just did it again.

I am growing weary of this company and their ways, God forbid I actually have a serious problem, I will be screwed.

I am eating bacon while I typed this, does that make you mad?

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 12:26 AM
1. When does my 12 term start

2. Give me the default modem firmware/config (helpful tip: DEFAULT does NOT sync on a stinger remote, but I guess you don't know what that is.

3. DEMAND bell fix my 3MBit pathetic internet, all they have to do is update my profile in lantern (p.s. this better be the start date of my 12 month subscription.

Invoice telecon for me, $100 for wasting 8 hours of my time yesterday.

It is now Monday, get bell to fix my line profile! I guess not Tuesday or Wednesday because they are new years eve and new years, how ever if this is not solved by Thursday, I will DEMAND a full refund (minus the modem costs of course).

I am fed up, with dealing with card reading third world support that don't bother to answer my multiple questions and simply copy/paste the third item they're supposed to from their card.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 09:19 AM
Hello,

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

We forwarded your cancellation request to “30 Days Money Back” department. We'll update you as soon as my colleagues confirm your request. Please wait, thanks.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:24 AM
I threatened to cancel, I didn't ask to cancel, moron.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:28 AM
Hello,

We need to wait for the confirmation of my colleagues in "30 days" department. Please kindly wait.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:33 AM

I threatened to cancel, I didn't ask to cancel, moron(s).

Posted on 01 Jan 2014 12:25 AM
Hi,

Please note that we need our manager's confirmation for any further action. Please kindly wait till we receive his response.
Acanac Inc.

^^^ last I heard from this ticket.

strong spam filters

I have NEVER used this default email address and look:

They are not even directly addressed to my email, but somewhat similar addresses.

Re: strong spam filters

So six months in, I have decided to cancel my service with this crappy company.

12 month term at $39.99 a month paid in full.

Their reply is that they will charge me $49.99 x 6 months plus taxes and will send me the difference.

So a fair warning to anyone that decides they are going to pay a year in advance with this untrustworthy company. They have your money, too bad so sad!

$39.99 x 12 (what I agreed with)
$479.88 (total)
$551.74 (with gst, then qst on top of that)

They want to refund me with charging me 6 x $49.95
That's:
$49.95 x 6 = $299.70
With taxes - $344.58 (5% and then %9.5 on top of GST)

So ACANCRAP just changed their full money refund guarantee that I read and agreed to when I signed up.

Garbage support, garbage internet, garbage company and now since they have the knife in my stomach, they're twisting it so I remember my 6 months of hell with this crappy company.

Basically, don't agree to a year service with ACA CRAP, they will go back on their word, they won't deliver on their promises, once they have your money you are nothing to them.

Toronto, ON

Charged for what you have used !!!

If you are on a yearly term and do not finish the term and cancel early, which seems to be your case then you would be charged for the months you have used at the nearest term price, in your case 6 months. There is no truth to your comments that Acanac is out to get your money. You pay for what you have used.

Good luck with your next ISP.

Regards

Re: Charged for what you have used !!!

I signed up for a 12 month term, at $39.95 a month. Six months in I cancelled. Instead of being billed $39.95 x 6 (which I am personally more than willing to pay and agree to) AcanCRAP decided to charge me $49.95 for those 6 months.

I cancelled early, 6 months, that is, and YOU as a company changed the rules.

So yeah, ACANCRAP decided that these first 6 months are billable $10 more than my contract.

Good Luch with your next LIFE.

Regards

quote:
Good kuch with your next LIFE.

Thank you, good luck with yours.

said by Fergless:

quote:
Good kuch with your next LIFE.

Thank you, good luck with yours.

No problem good sir, I have nothing against you as a person, I lose over $60 quitting you, your company. GODSPEED

·TekSavvy DSL

Can't sign up with new ISP, Acanac never told bell I cancelled with them!

One last stab to the heart! We agreed to have a cancellation date of June 28th. New order with new ISP submitted on June 29th.

Guess what bell did, they REJECTED my order because of incompatible service on line, AKA ACANAC DSL!

They just tried to submit my order again today (July 4th), yep, REJECTED!

So now I am at Acanac's mercy, I cannot sign up with a new company!

·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Can't sign up with new ISP, Acanac never told bell I cancelled with them!

13 days later after my official cancellation request/date and still I cannot subscribe to a new company. Thanks for this new ammo that I will use when I take Acacrap to small claims court for the $60 and $50 fail installation that I paid in good faith and was taken for.

Review by iwritecode See Profile

Good "Price"
Bad "Tech Support, Reliability"

My adventure with Acanac has led me to write this review. I'm not the sort to ever go to the trouble of writing a review but in this case I had to. They are very deserving of the praise.

1. When we first ordered our service, we decided that we would sign up for Zazeen. We never got the service. We had to actually call them months after starting our service with Acanac to cancel. Not a big deal by itself but if you are going to up-sell for another company, at least try and ensure that they are doing something for your customers. We actually wanted the service and got no communication from them.

2. Lets talk about our renewal. We had the service for a year. Mostly trouble free. But then so was Rogers, outside of their hideous over-billing. So no big win there. When my fiancee called to get the account renewed, she had a customer service representative that was rude. I don't get why because all she wanted to do was get the account renewed for another year. You'd think that this would be something that the company would be happy about. Guess not.

3. And their tech support is by far the most memorable thing about my experience. There is so much to say, I will have to use secondary bullet points.

a. First off, there is the continuous Zazeen advertisement that gets repeated when you are on hold waiting for technical support. Given the number of times I have heard it while being on hold due to downtime since last Friday, I have it imprinted in my mind. I understand that you really want to advertise this service. I get it. But please don't do it to me when I am already offline. No one in their right mind should think that the tech support hold music should consist of advertisements for services that you don't even manage.

b. Also, please don't try to tell me to buy stuff when I'm already offline. Nothing adds insult to injury more than being down and being up sold. Its crass, in bad taste and makes you look desperate. But hey, I don't judge your business practices.

c. The most important part of tech support is having people's problems resolved. Maybe not in a timely fashion because that takes competence. Just try to make progress. Aim for the participation ribbon because that'll still get you somewhere. Don't just close my tickets, not give me any updates and pretend that the issue doesn't exist. Don't make me chase you when I pay you a year ahead of time. Don't make me wait on hold for 45 minutes at a time, listening to that stupid advertisement and then tell me that there's nothing you can do because bell closed the ticket. That will not do.

To be honest, this is the headstone on my term with Acanac. I thought that there was no way that any one could make me hate calling them more than I hate calling Rogers. Acanac has proved me wrong. Keep up the good work. I will be cancelling my service since I have signed up with another ISP.

Comments:
LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

Service for a year, mostly trouble free

Why "connection reliability" 50% if you had the service for a year. Mostly trouble free.
iwritecode

join:2014-06-04
·Acanac

Re: Service for a year, mostly trouble free

The speeds were never stable. We don't do much with our internet except some Netflix and my vpn for work.

On bad days, I could barely maintain my RDP sessions over the VPN. Being the only person in the office who had these issues in an office of about 60 people, it would indicate an ISP issue. Not to mention constant buffering on Netflix.

It was never worth my time to actually bother with calling Acanac given their stellar tech support so we just lived with it.

Review by mgrasu See Profile

• Location: Aurora,ON
Bad "very slow (2.14Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.24 for UPLOAD) "

I use Acanac for more than 5 years, was OK with few exceptions. Now I’m paying for 5Mbs over $600/year plus dry loop ($110/year). I had similar problem 10 months ago, they put me to buy a new modem, router etc, to verify my wires and after that they send Bell Canada and fix something at their box across the street of my house. Finally, was OK until one month ago when happened again. In the mornings I have the speed 5.23Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.67 for UPLOAD and in the evening (after 4PM) the speed 2.14-3.35Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.24 for UPLOAD.

Customer service want me to upgrade to 10Mbs but to pay $20/month extra for the remaining of my term, even they have the price now for 10Mbs less that I’m paying for 5Mbs.

I think they have too many customers signing in the afternoon making some of us losing connection in afternoons and evenings.

Customer service it is very hard to reach, more than 1 hour waiting by phone and 2 business days by email.

Saturdays and Sunday Customer Service department is closed.

Not recommended