Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by keysersoze See Profile

• Location: St Agatha,ON
Good "Speed"
Bad "Will increase your price even after you have a rep tell you are grandfathered in."
Overall "Agree with others Stay away. Look at another provider. "

Will Tell you one price on the phone and then when it's time for renewal will give you another.

I was with them for 5 years, in two different houses and loved the service until now. Will be moving to another 3 rd party provider.

Created a ticket regarding my up coming renewal, advised to call in. Talked to a rep and he stated I was grandfathered into my rate and not to worry.

Checked in a couple weeks before my expiry as I needed to update my credit card and was surprised to hear that my rate was going to be much more then I was told.

Billings and retention do not want to reply back, took 9 days for them to reply back on a ticket. That reply was sent on a Friday at 6:50pm telling me to call in, but they close at 7 pm and are note open weekends. Thanks for the great customer service.

I was lucky to have been looking at my phone when the email came in!

I did get on the phone with a rep and she stated she would look into this and get back to me Monday at 12.

Monday at 1, nothing... I had to call in and ask for rep, she didn't even come on the phone but had another rep advise that they would NOT honor the price that was stated and I would have to pay the increased rate... they didn't want to work with me or save the business at all....

So look into other providers like Smart, ElectronicBox, Tecksavvy ect before Acanac.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week

Comments:

Fergless

$$$$

If you called in and got a price before a price increase, agent's could only tell you the information they currently have. Sorry about that

Disappointed

@63.76.166.x

Horrible service

Good luck trying to get a call back. No one is ever available. Sales sends you to billing and billing to sales. Good luck speaking to a supervisor. Don't leave them your credit card they will shamelessly make charges to your card even if the charges are not authorized. Stay away from this provider. They are great until you run into issues then the service is HORRIBLE!!!!

Review by LeTimmy See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Speeds as advertised"
Bad "Customer Service / They WILL increase your bill without notice."
Overall "Keep Away!!!!!! Better hope that you don't have issues. Trying to get issues resolved is frustrating beyond belief. "

I'll just post my support ticket in hopes that someone from Acanac reads it ONE day. Apparently, they don't feel the need to respond. Going on 8 days without a response. Follow up calls to customer service are useless. They just keep telling you to email your concerns but that they do see an open ticket. Great Help.

They want to charge $100.00 to move service to new address which is downright absurd IMHO. They also increased my bill $11/month without any notice. No email, nothing! Unfortunately i noticed it 3 months too late. When questioned they tell you to read your user agreement. I will be issuing a chargeback with my credit card company.

This company is so disconnected. Customer Service is atrocious. They push you to email your questions to certain departments. Only way to speak to humans there is to get directed to Sales even if its not a Sales issue.

Ticket Information:
Ticket ID: BCP-43559

Posted on 04 Sep 2014 03:39 PM

I'm trying to move this account to an address that i will be moving to Oct
1st, 2014

I'm being told that their is a fee of $100.00 to change addresses.

This doesn't make sense to me at all. I've purchased a modem from you.
The address I'm moving to is already setup with Rogers(which services your
accounts).

I need this fee waived if you want me to continue as a customer. If this
is something you cannot do then terminate my account effective September
30th, 2014.

Posted on 10 Sep 2014 12:28 PM

I haven't received a reply to my ticket from 6 days ago. Please let me know one way or the other so I can plan accordingly.

member for 1.4 years, 4 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Fergless

Moving Fee (Cable)

I doubt they will waive the moving fee, it's a standard fee for all cable moves.

Re: Moving Fee (Cable)

It's a cash grab. No Rogers tech has to visit the home to establish service since its currently active with Rogers and will be active when I move into the home. Also, it's more expensive than cancelling my service and reactivating it. Activation Fee is $49.95. How in the world can they justify a $100.00 moving fee when all they are doing is coordinating a service switch with Rogers.

I'm fine with them not waiving the fee. That's their prerogative. I will gladly take my business elsewhere. I'm not fine with them going on 9 days now without the courtesy of a response however this is consistent with the experience i've had with Acanac since the beginning. The hoops i had to jump through to get service established in the first place was mind boggling. A total nightmare.

Having lived in the U.S for many years i know what its like to be with an internet carrier that provides a GOOD customer experience and does everything possible to retain their customers. Unfortunately here in Canada we are so limited in carrier options and essentially forced into picking the best of the worst. The American companies will be here one day and it's unfortunate that my business won't likely be with a Canadian company.

Acanac is really really good at providing POOR customer service. It's not the experience i expect as a paying customer.

Re: Moving Fee (Cable)

UPDATE:

I finally received a reply from Acanac!!! 11 days, 2 emails and 3 phone calls later.

Hello

We do apologize for any inconvenience, However we are unable to waive the move fee. This fee is charged by the carrier because 2 technicians are required to process a move, One technician to disconnect at previous location and another to connect at your new location.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed.

If you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Colin
Customer Relations

Colin:

Rogers is already established and will remain active at(until i change providers) at the home I'm moving to.. This is simply coordinating a service switch. Secondly, you wouldn't charge me for cancelling my account so what does it matter if Rogers has to disconnect at current home. You have a setup fee of $49.95 and yet you are trying to charge me $100.00. What doesn't seem right here???? So i can cancel my service and setup up new service at my new home for $49.95 but to move account service to the new home its $100.00. What doesn't seem right here???

I don't care who has to do what. Rogers is not to blame here. Acanac is.

It's very simply this. You pay Rogers for whatever charges there are and you don't bill me for it.

I'll give you an example of how easy this is. If you look at my account from the beginning. I was credited for 3 months of service because of the INSANE experience i had getting my internet established in the first place. I was given 3 months or so of FREE service from an ACANAC manager. You still had to pay Rogers for that service I was getting. Easy. You pay Rogers. You don't bill me.

Those are the kind of things you do to retain customers. Saying that, the easiest of things seem to be very difficult for Acanac.

It took 11 days and 3 phone calls for me to get a response only to try to pass the blame to Rogers.

Do not renew my service for next month. I believe my next billing period is Oct 3rd. To be clear. Last day of active service will be Oct. 3rd.

IISP's

It's a bit of a nightmare for IISP's in Canada, we don't have that much control over the carriers even if we are their customers so to speak. It must be so much better in the US.

Good luck with your next ISP

Re: IISP's

There seems to be a common theme of trying to pass the buck to Rogers. This is purely an Acanac issue(in this case anyways).

Re: IISP's

It is not unique to Acanac at all. Check out some of the other IISP's with same issues.

Re: IISP's

I'm not sure you know what the issue is. The issue is Acanac providing pitiful customer service and delving in shady business practices.

Once again I'm waiting 5 days for a response to my request to cancel service. Before that it was 11 days, 2 emails and 3 phone calls to address a $100 moving service fee.

The customer service this company provides is a joke. My time is important to me. I don't want to be sitting here all day emailing with follow up calls for the easiest of tasks.

Oh and top of that I just found out they increased my bill in August $11.00/month without any notice whatsoever. Do you think that is standard practice to increase customers monthly rate without letting them know? I didn't consent to any increase. If I was notified i could of a made an informed decision whether to continue my service with Acanac or not. For a service that is prepaid, its an extremely shady practice to increase rates and tell them after the fact. I will be making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Ontario.

These are the issues Fergless and these are Acanac issues.

quote:
These are the issues Fergless and these are Acanac issues.

Well due to the backlog of tickets to the carriers also puts Acanac at a disadvantage with many many tickets generated to the billing department. That's what I was getting at.
Also the price increase has also created a burden on them.

None of us on the forum were told there would be increases until after they showed up on the main site.

Billing should have handled it differently, the way I see it.

Re: IISP's

Just want to add as customers may be unaware, I can help with almost everything else except billing. Something simple in billing, no problem I can do that.

Cheers

Review by freakatola See Profile

• Location: Canada
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "The price was right..."
Bad "Price increases without warning, Bill first ask questions later... if you can get a hold of them."
Overall "Not worth the headache. "

Loyal customer for 3 years, knowing ahead of time that they lacked physical bodies to offer reasonable support. My Fault for signing up. I paid for a service, and had very few outages.

When they most recently renewed my contract (Bill first, then send invoice), the price had increased 14.5% for a full year term (+$13/mo +tax). I probably would have been okay with the change had I gotten some warning. However, there is no warning, and they preach about how it's covered in user agreement that they can change the price at any time for any reason, without notification. Again... My Fault for signing up.

Where things became unacceptable for me, is that in order to discuss my bill, I called their main contact line, and which point you are advised that "For accuracy" you can only discuss your billing by e-mail. Now in most cases, there is a reasonable turn around of about 24-48 hours.

It took 8 days to get a response which gave me a contact number for their billing department. Why not just allow people to call your billing department in the first place?! All people want is the ability to have their concerns heard.

Their sales department is reachable almost immediately, but after the initial sale, you're up a creek without a paddle. They are very difficult to reach and their forum moderators spend all of their time making excuses for the company's shortcomings, and pointing the finger in every other direction. Take responsibility for your shortcomings, and improve on them. The same issues were prevalent before I signed up, and they are still carrying on now that I have cancelled.

Consider yourselves warned, don't make the same mistakes I did, this company is awful to deal with.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week

Comments:

Fergless

Billing ??

quote:
Where did the moderator(S) do that. ?

I saw customers replying to your topic.

Re: Billing ??

Base on my browsing of multiple posts, there is a theme of "It's a busy time of year"
Most of my posts were deleted because they weren't glowing reviews.

Re: Billing ??

I have the same problem. I just noticed my bill went up also. So frustrating and so shady. I'm so sick of emails and their Sales department (which is the only humans i can speak to wont speak to billing issues). You wouldn't happen to have that billing number available??

said by LeTimmy:

Check your PMs, I suspect Fergless might cause a stink to have it removed.

Re: Billing ??

Hah, and now I am banned from Acanac forums. Paying customer, who has done nothing wrong other than expect the slightest bit of customer service. Nice to see the maturity level from the moderators, looks good on you Fergless! Goes to show that Acanac is a joke from top to bottom.

Re: Billing ??

It's specifically written in the forum rules not to post personal Acanac information etc.

I did leave a link to it in one of your topics.

said by freakatola:

There is absolutely no need for personal attacks, I have been cordial with you.

quote:
Most of my posts were deleted because they weren't glowing reviews.

Not entirely true.
You have 2 topics on the go.
Here »community.acanac.com/acanac/view···79cad4fa

And here »community.acanac.com/acanac/view···&start=0

Check it out !!

Canada
My apologies, they were moved from relevant discussion boards, to irrelevant general discussion boards, and edited to remove any information that might actually help other customers.

Re: Billing ??

I'm pretty sure you know why your post had something edited out.

It would actually be counter productive for customers, as it would slow billing down.
You do realize all billing inquiries are done by email so there will be no mistake what transpires. If billing needs a customer to call them they will ask the customer to call them at the appropriate #

Re: Billing ??

Well if the e-mail system worked, it wouldn't be a problem. You are dealing with real people and real money! The Billing department needs to stop hiding behind an e-mail system. Every other company in the world operates just fine over the phone. If customers want a confirmation of the work done, then it can be e-mailed to them at that point so that it is in writing.

I appreciate your desire to defend the company you work for, it truly shows a great work ethic on your part and is to be desired by an employer. It's just too bad it isn't a competent company, one that understands what actual customer service is.

Review by julienvf See Profile

• Location: Verdun,QC
Good "Good pricing, unlimited bandwith, a good company fighting a lot along side customer groups against Bell at the CRTC."
Bad "email only tech suport"
Overall "Definitely make the switch from Videotron or Bell to Acanac!"

Acanac 120/20 mbps in Vidéotron land here. So far, great consistent speed: even at peak hours, I get 125mbit down, 21 up. Best bang for the buck deal out there for unlimited bandwith unless you need 120mbps+, unless the CRTC tariff is lowered which I hope will be the case soon. Acanac uses the Distributel network which has now 3 backbones: torix, cogent and nlayer. Most of my traffic now is routed through torix, improving speed and latency.

member for 5.7 years, 1857 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

anony_mous

@cybersurf.com

-2 recommendations

Horrible customer service / charged for reactivation

They cancelled my service when I had not asked them to do so, made me wait about a week to reactivate cause a service representative had to come over (even though I called the next day it was disconnected) and then charged me for reactivation. They said only the billing department could waive the activation fee but they don't have a phone and the only way to reach them is via email. I sent them a bunch of emails but they didn't reply for about two months. When they finally did, they said they can't waive the fee (even though it was their fault for cancelling the service) and they can offer 10 DAYS of free service for the inconvenience. I replied to them but they have not returned my email still.

If you can go with a different service provider, I highly recommend that you do so.
julienvf

join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC

Re: Horrible customer service / charged for reactivation

Anonymous user bashing Acanac. Opinion worth nothing.

customer aca

@66.249.83.x

you think it's good

You cannot compare bell and cable speed since bell does not offer cable.

Acanac has very very bad customer services.

If you have problem
They do not help you during weekend
And take up to 2 week to gave stuffs solve

Review by van84 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Bad "Customer support and service after sell is really poor"
Overall "Read this review and you will understand."

hello guys,

I am new here but I would like to share my experiences with you at Acanac.

I am with Acanac for around 5 years now. I am been a loyal customer and I brought in some peoples and I was about to bring my uncle soon. however I guess this will probably not happen anymore.

****** My experience ******

I contacted Sale department 4 weeks ago to upgrade from ADSL to VDSL.

The reason of my upgrade was I need a better upload speed due of my work.

I called sale department and they said I should be able to have a upload speed up to 26MBIT. I decide to buy the package 25 down / 10 up.

When the modem arrived, I got a speed upload up to 3 MBIT.

Called support tech a bunches of time, no one was able to help me out.

The internet suddently went down for 2 weeks. No one was able to help me out. They sent Bell to my house (total 2.5 weeks)
Bell determine the new VDSL modem is the issue. Called Acanac, they said they will ship a new modem again (take 4 days before I receive it).

I decided to call billing department to ask to change to cable (no reply for 7 days)
I finally get the billing departement phone number. I decided to cancel everything.
Billing department representative asked me to send another email to billing@acanac.com. (You see the loop right?)

Sent another email to billing@acanac.com, no reply.

I called again yesterday, and the representative said they cannot cancel my account. Need to call between 9 to 13.
I decided to call again billing today to try again. They said: it passed the 30 days trial, I have to keep the modem (that I received 4 days ago because the old one was broken).

Is that a joke?

My problem is still not resolved yet. I am tired.

****** Some notes ********

- When I joined the Acanac, the modem was rental. It became a "BUY" modem without warning. I have to keep the modem when upgrading from ADSL to VDSL. Cannot have the 50$ rental money at the beginning.
- When you call support, they hang up on you when queue more than 1 hour.
- the email for billing department take more than 48 hours to reply and sometime they are not replying at all.
- Sale department promised you a certain speed but you may not get it.
- they do not read complains nor feedback emails.
- When upgrade to VDSL, they forced you to buy a 60$ worth modem for 99$, that is fine, but they are not wanting to refund it if you cancel the service after a couple of days of usage.
- The 30 days trial on the new service start when they shipped the modem and not when you have internet activated.
- I think they are pushing back the ticket to go over 30 days so you won't get the refund for the modem or service. That's the reason they do not want to reply to my tickets.

I don't care to not having the full refund, I am ready to get the partial refund for the months that I do not use. But how come I am not be able to have a refund for a BRAND NEW MODEM that I just received it? It won`t possible to resell this modem on my own. Waste of time and price will never be 99$+tax.

Comments:

Review by Alexein See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Speed is consistent, uptime is consistent"
Bad "Support guys mistake cost me an upgrade, they won't fix it"
Overall "Felt lied to and cheated. Not returning to this ISP."

So i signed up for 28/1 cable service and things are okay so far. First year everything works like it should. I would give them a glowing review up until this point.

But a month before I have to renew, i notice the old 28/1 plan is gone and there is a new 35/3 plan in its place for the same cost. I think "awesome! i'll upgrade to that... but i better ask to make sure!" so i email and ask if i'll get the new plan, and if i'm on the old plan i say i want to upgrade. The support guys says i'm already on the new plan. I think "sweet! i guess i'll wait until my current one expires and renews to get the improved speed."

A month later the service renews and i check my speeds to find i'm still on the old plan. Funny, my *bill* even says i'm on the new plan. I email them and ask whats up. They now tell me you only get the old speeds. If you want the new speeds you have to specifically ask to get the new plan. WTF? So even if my bill says i'm on the new plan that i get the old speeds? What kind of a fucking lie is that? I specifically had *asked* if i'm on the old plan and that if i was, i wanted an upgrade. The old guy tells me i'm on the new plan so why would i "specifically ask" for the new plan? What kind of a deceptive run-around is this? I'm supposed to be psychic and know that the new plan is actually the old plan? New support guy implies the old guy made a mistake.

So because of a mistake i have a bill that tells me i'm on the new plan, but speeds on the old plan.

I check again about the new plan and i find now the new plan is more expensive today than when i had applied. Was that the trick? they didn't want to give me the new plan at the agreed price so they simply say they "made a mistake" and keep me on the old plan despite my *bill* saying its the new plan?

Can't even cancel the service now because its not within the 30 day guarantee.

Overall, they were a good company until they decided to fuck up like that. I don't know if it was an honest mistake or an intentional deception. I think the latter because they refuse to fix it, citing they don't offer the new plan at the agreed price any more.

Doubt I'll be returning to this ISP.

EDIT: 8/2/2014 - I feel even crappier that i found out someone else got automatically upgraded without asking ( »Review of Acanac by ggyl ) while i was refused to be upgraded even though i asked for it.

EDIT: 8/6/2014 - Even stupider is that as i cancel, they are prorating the time used on the more expensive NEW plan rather than the cheaper old plan (that i'm actually on and actually paid for at that rate). The money gouging just doesn't stop with Acanac.

Comments:

Fergless

Higher Speed.

Sorry to hear that Alexein, if you had let us know ahead of time, before the old plan was no longer available from the carrier, we could have put you on the higher speed no problem.

TY

Re: Higher Speed.

This would be reasonable if there was some warning or email saying that the old plan was going to be discontinued. I got no such warning. The only thing i could reasonably do was email when i was due to renew... which i did.

So... I'm supposed to be psychic and know that the old plan would no longer be available and tell you before it's gone.

Right... I guess it's my fault. I was born without psychic power.

Toronto, ON
Can your post your ticket # referring to this, I'd like to see what went wrong here.

Re: Higher Speed.

Apologies for the late reply. I only check this every few days.

First ticket#: UUD-42667

where I ask about the plans and ask to be upgraded if i'm on the old plan.

At this point in time the old plan was no longer offered and thus why asked about the plans. I didn't let Acanac know i wanted the upgraded plan before the old plan was discontinued *because* i didn't know it was going to be discontinued. Like i said, i don't have the benefits of psychic power.

Anyway, the support guy says i'm on the new plan, i don't push the matter because I have the honest good faith belief that's he actually MEANT i'm on the new plan, and not some weird trick where i am not. How does anyone expect me to know differently at this point?

Second ticket#: AIH-68086

Where i start complaining about the speed, and after a lot of confusion (not really this support guy's fault, neither of us quite knew what was going on until the end), we figure it out.

Overall, if it's the customer's duty to upgrade their plans before they are changed then it's only reasonable that the customers are warned, particularly by email, about upcoming changes to their plans. At the very least the first support should have just outright SAID "no, you're not on the new plan, you're stuck, too bad!". At least that would have been honest. I walked away from the first ticket thinking i would get the new plan. Even the *bill* says i'm on the new plan. Everything smells of the new plan, but it's not. how am i supposed to know the difference? Especially *before* it becomes too late to change it?

2 edits

(delete, mistaken post)

join:2014-07-12
It's been two weeks Fergless, i guess you checked and couldn't do anything about it?

Hi Alexein

The problem here is when a customer asks what speed they are on, a rep will look on the account and only see what speed plan they're being charged for, not what they may be actually getting. So they can't accurately say. This is due to not having full access to the Cable Portal.

Re: Higher Speed.

Gotcha, so a shortcoming in Acanac's system means that they are not responsible for misleading clients. Somehow the client has to have psychic power to know this shortcoming exists and also know exactly what questions to ask. A client who doesn't know this shortcoming exists will get screwed over when asking about their speed and specifying they want better speed.

What really gets me is that even if i did know (psychically somehow) and asked for the new plan, how is the *rep* going to know to change it when they open my account and see that i'm on the new plan? You just told me even the *rep* can't know due the shortcomings of the system. So there is no possible way for the client to get the new plan. If somehow the rep did know, that's even worse because then why didn't they tell me?

Why even have a such a shitty system if not to screw people over and then blame the errors on said system to avoid responsibility?

Bottom line, Acanac won't fix a mistake they set themselves up to make.

Even shittier is that i'm in the process of cancelling, and Acanac is prorating the time already used on the new, more expensive plan, rather than the older plan i am actually on and charged for. It's only a few dollars so i'm not kicking up mud about it but it just highlights how messed up Acanac's system is.

(I want to say I'm not angry at you or any of the original support reps, I once had to work support lines too once and defend my company's shitty policies. Hated every part of it. I'm just very angry at Acanac for not taking responsibility for an error they created.)

Tks Alexein

I'll check in the morning.

Toronto, ON
I always use »www.speedtest.net/ to see what my speeds are.

If I felt I wasn't getting the correct speeds, I'd open a slow speed ticket.

2 edits

That's EXACTLY what i did already back in june, that's ticket: AIH-68086

Which eventually evolved into an argument over what plan i was on since the explanation was that i was never upgraded despite being told i was.

Re: Higher Speed.

Bad timing Really. The plan was no longer available from the carrier at that time.

Staff should make it clear to customers they can only see what speed you're being billed for. They have no way of knowing what speeds you are actually getting.

If it was still available from the carrier you would be on it.

Acanac

"I don't know if it was an honest mistake or an intentional deception. I think the latter because they refuse to fix it, citing they don't offer the new plan at the agreed price any more."

In the ISP scheme of things the mistake is only honest if the customer was unintentionally credited in some way.

If the company gains a profit from the "error" then it was definitely not one. Ditto if the details of the plan are not plainly spelled out in the user agreement, or are otherwise too vague.

Hard to believe they pay people to come up with all these nickel and diming schemes....sad really.

You could always cancel the service as their reward for their policies.

Plans Prices

Plans and prices have changed for all the Indies. As the carriers change plans we have no choice but to offer what they do.

If the plan is no longer available from the carrier, we simply can not offer it or we definitely would.

TY

Re: Plans Prices

Nice way of excusing what is basically a hard sell, Fergless.

said by Neil K:

Nice way of excusing what is basically a hard sell, Fergless.

Care to translate?

lol...google "hard sell", Fergless

I think the customer here knows what I'm referring to.

Re: Plans Prices

I would like to be in the loop as well A ticket # referencing this would be nice.

Review by shopangus See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Price is good"
Bad "Bad support, takes 24 for a reply, they usually can't fix anything"
Overall "You'll be fine if it works but on your own if you have issues and they keep your money hostage."

I've only ever had issues with Acanac, from the get go.

First the install process, they sent me multiple modems (their mistake) and wanted me to return the extra to them, I obviously agreed! Had to fight a little to have them setup the return, I wasn't going to pay for their mistake..

My modem is a Huawei MT130U

Beside connection "uptime" I've had no good experience with them. This may sound like a funny statement but my problem is that even though my Internet is up 24/7 (Been down only 3 or 4 days last year) I've never got the speed I've been paying for in the last 12 months. I'm paying for 35/3 but have been getting 25/2 for the last 12 months.

I've opened a minimum of three support tickets, that spans over 12 months, I've seen two or three Rogers technicians and written them countless emails and probably wasted days (if you add up all the time spent). For years calling Acanac support meant waiting on hold for 3-6 hours before someone picked up the phone, if you email Acanac it will take about 12-24+ hours to get a reply and that reply will usually be incomplete forcing you to reply to the messageand wait another 12-24++ hours for them to reply. Something simple may take 3 or 4 days to initiate because they force you to reply and reply and reply but can't be bothered to reply in an acceptable time frame.

For most issue they will require you to collect information on your computer, that process takes 30+ minutes of your time, most of that process is running a utility they give you that generates a text file but also a bunch of VERY technical questions that 90% of the population wouldn't understand. Their questionnaire is very misleading and they haven't updated in in ages even though customers have a hard time understanding it. They ask you to send a text file that's the result of that utility they make you run back to them.. Once you reply to their request for information (and the text file) they will reply to complain about your request not being complete (even though ALL the information is in the file you sent and that they requested you to send to them in the first place).

Here's the irony of that whole process:

- They ask you to send them the file their utility generates that has ALL they information they are requesting.

- They ask you questions in the message that aren't very clear and 90% wouldn't understand (but all the answers are in the file they make you send to them).

- They will reply asking you to cut & paste the information from the file to the email by yourself (remember, it takes 12-24h++) to get a reply from them so this wastes 24-48h++.

- Why they won't cut and paste by themselves is beyond me, if you click on the support ticket link to see the support thread you can see that the file is there for everyone to see, open and read, it's not like it got discarded. Why ask for a file if you won't use it?

- You tell them (in their own form) that you are available at any period of the day on such and such days (the day they are asking you for) but it's not OK for them. They want you to explicitly say I'm available Jan 1st from 8am till 11pm, Jan 2nd from 8am to 11pm. Saying I'm available all day from Jan1st to Jan 7th isn't good enough, it's not explicit enough I guess. That's just going above and beyond making your customers life miserable.

Good luck trying to talk to a manager, it feels and looks like they work without one or that manager doesn't have a phone. You have to write an email to talk to a manager (and they may or may not call you, it's at their discretion, that's what a billing agent once told me hinting the fact that I would be wasting my time and wouldn't be getting a call without explicitly saying it likely because of other employees around her).

Now, going back to my Internet speed, not only the problem hasn't been fixed in 12 months but their billing department won't issue a credit until it is fixed (even though their support team can't seem to be able to fix it). There doesn't appear to be a level 2 support there, so after Rogers comes to your place and says your signal is as perfect as it gets they make you start the whole process all over again expecting a different results. Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

In short, if you don't have any issues you'll be fine, but with Acanac's newest pricing grid I would say that for any new customer considering a switch it's probably isn't worth risking it, you can get very comparable prices from almost everyone else if you shop around, someone that will try and help you. In my case I've been over billed for a year (and still am getting being over billed every month), any other provider (Bell, Rogers, TechSavvy) would have fixed the billing issue at the customer's request.

P.S. My review was deleted from Acanac's forum (saying their forum isn't for complaints) so I decided to post one here since it will be safe from deletion.

Comments:

Fergless

Cable Ticket.

Sorry if that was not good enough.

That's a useless reply and just goes to show how bad support is with Acanac.

I'm complaining that I've been dealing with this problem for over 12 months opening tickets and then you guys opening carrier tickets...

Your reply to me is that you've gotten a cable ticket with the carrier for me... Well my friend, I had already started the painful process of opening a carrier ticket last Friday with support and highlighted the absurdity of this process in my message.. You didn't open any sort of carrier ticket for me, what you did is move my ticket from Friday to the top of the pile. I was #16 in your email queue at 9am today so without your "help" I probably would have had accomplished the same on my own. At the most, what you did for me is have someone get off their behind and cut & paste some information between a text file and an email instead of emailing me back that I missed a cut & paste in the process (bunch of lazy crooks).. I should be thankful for that?

You make it sound like you did something when you really haven't done or fixed anything.

- You guys are still over billing me every month (you didn't fix that)
- You guys aren't any closer to reimbursing me 12 months of over billing (you didn't fix that)
- I still can't talk to any manager (you didn't fix that)
- The response from support team today clearly indicates that they will open an RF ticket after this one and history clearly shows that after that RF ticket I will be opening a new speed ticket followed by a new RF ticket (been doing that for a year). (You didn't fix that) Would you like to share with us how many of those were opened on my behalf and why Acanac is still over billing me and making me go through this process to infinity? What if it takes another year before this is fixed, will you credit me at that point for 24 months of over billing?

You guys expect a different outcome after making me do the same steps over and over and over and over and over again.

So no, I'm sorry but your post only goes to show that Acanac support and customer service is most likely the worst in the industry by trying to insinuate on a public forum that I'm ungrateful or something after you've done absolutely nothing for me that I haven't done myself, you're just trying to take credit for the hours I SPENT dealing with support (2 phone calls and 3 or 4 emails) since Friday.

If you want to help me:
- Get a manager to call me. (I won't waste a second writing an email complaint, point them to this post if they need to read anything before they talk)
- Get billing to issue a credit for over billing me for 12 months. Something they always refused to do until the problem is fixed.
- Get billing to STOP overbilling me (same as above).
- Get the speed fixed (or stop charging me for that speed and charge me for the service you are actually giving me which is 25/2).

Do either of the previous things that I've been trying to get for 12 months and maybe then and only then I'll let you imply you've done something for me. Until then, don't go bragging online for things that you haven't done.

Re: Cable Ticket.

I was unaware of your issue until today when I asked for your ticket # which I did communicate to Glenna do see if she could speed it up, and she did. Seems you had a very hard time filling out the troubleshooting form.

All I can post is my part in all of this startling today.

No bragging going on here, just the facts.

For your issue with billing, follow up with them nothing I can do with that.

said by Fergless:

All the information was in the text file your team ask people to submit, the problem is your tech support are lazy and can't cut & paste when the client doesn't understand the question. They always had all the information, they were just being lazy.

said by Fergeless :

All I can post is my part in all of this startling today.

You read my review and know it's been going on for 12 months, you know from the 4 tickets I sent you by PM the extend of what I've done and the fact that it hasn't been resolved in 12 months. So don't come here pretending your helping the process:

Sorry if that was not good enough.

No bragging going on here, just the facts.

You've accomplished nothing and contributed no facts, that's the bottom line.

said by Fergless:

For your issue with billing, follow up with them nothing I can do with that.

Goes exactly to my point, a bunch of crooks. I've stated that Billing won't issue a credit even though I'm not getting the service I'm paying for.

UPDATE: Probably from my complaints here, I miraculously got an update telling me I my ticket is closed and got to go through that same process again but in SAFE MODE. You guys are just crazy.

How hard is it to tell your billing department you can't give me the speed I'm paying for so that they issue a credit anc bill me for what I'm getting?

CROOKS!

»www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-r···-1204231

One more coming.

Chris Scarb

@205.210.223.x
i'm a potential customer, but thoughts of the pain you're going thru right now, i'd take my business somewhere else.

Good Luck :)

Good Luck, have a great day

Your Speed Diagnostics Report

It's BLANK !!

Re: Your Speed Diagnostics Report

It's BLANK !!

What do you mean, I just clicked on the link, there's 243 complaints and a C+ rating, most of the complaints can be read by the public.
Maybe the linked is blocked by your browser of something.

Your Speed Diagnostics Report

It's BLANK !! Was blank, OK now though

Re: Your Speed Diagnostics Report

Oh.. gotcha, the speed report (missed the subject), assumed you were talking about the BBB link I posted.

Yes, seems like your system stripped my entire report from the message message, online outlook (MS OWA) changed all the ------- from the speed report to an "html bar" and everything under that bar got truncated out of my email by your helpdesk system.

After checking the ticket online I noticed it got entirely stripped so I manually pasted it on that web page (the help desk web page).

Your help desk software likely needs and update to support newer mail clients (Outlook online is pretty mainstream).

Review by ggyl See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Fast and cheap"
Bad "Bad support, if you require any"
Overall "Great, maybe best option for the tech savvy people"

Initially ordered the 30/1 package for $35/month, no bandwidth cap. Recently got automatically upgraded to 35/3 package with the purchase of a new Docsis 3 modem (~70 dollars). Still paying the same $35 + tax monthly, on a 12 year term. I have this service at my University dorm in Guelph as well as my home in Toronto.

Overall, I have had a very good experience with Acanac. Only problem with this company is the lack of tech support (which is not really their fault as they are just reselling rogers service) but, its it very manageable if you know how to use google. Unless of course there is something physically wrong with your connection, then you are pretty much stuck for a 1-2 weeks with that problem till rogers decides to come fix the cable problem.

Comments:

Review by thebaz 568 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON
Good "Service does not go down, installation went perfectly."
Bad "High ping late in the day, I pay more then they said I would, they don't reply to cancel request, customer support is a joke."
Overall "OK service, I heard it depends on the area in which you live in. "

·TekSavvy Cable
They promised me around $36/month (with tax) if I pay yearly. I am paying $42/month (w/ tax). Installation was good. The service barely goes down. I believe it is my lines, but I get higher ping recently. The modems are not really great, I believe they supply much better ones now though.

In conclusion, I am canceling because my neighbor got TEKSAVVY and says that it is much better. Lower ping, and the prices are great too. 300gb a month is way more then I need . The problem they ignore my cancel request so I am very frustrated.

Comments:
darknestgirl

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

RE: reviews

Hi if you have a ticker number you can write it here and someone should be able to help you with this.
thebaz 568

join:2014-07-02
Niagara Falls, ON
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: reviews

Yes ticket I'd is KEK-58938, they have replied asking for confimation , I replied back with confirmation but they don't reply to that. All I want to know is the date the service will disconnect. I don't understand why it would take almost 20 days just to reply back with the date.

Re: reviews

It should be disconnected now. They replied to your request as well.

Review by DBV1911 See Profile

• Location: Maple,ON
Good "Connection reliability"
Bad "Customer Service"
Overall "You get what you pay for"

I paid for one year service ahead of time, 25MB/s Cable Internet and got free phone for one year.
One year later, I decided to switch to V-Media so that I could get their TV Service too.
In order to avoid service disruption, I paid for one extra month to Acanac and asked for the installation from V-Media during that period.

- On June 17, I called Acanac and asked for the cancellation on July 3rd.
- V-Media installation was set for June 28.
- On June 25, out of nowhere, Acanac disconnected my Internet service, even though it was paid until July 3rd.

Since their Tech-Support and complaint dept. can be reached by email only, I sent several emails and got nothing but empty apologies, two days after each email. It was clear that no one even takes the time to read those emails. They promised me several times that a manager/supervisor will give me a call, but no one ever called me.

I resorted to hevae my complaints heard by one of their sales staff, but he again promised me to have someone call me, but they never did.
In one incident, I emailed them and they said we will extend your service for two more weeks. WHAT? What Service? I have got Internet service from a different provider already. What exactly are you going to extend?

Bottom line: They DO NOT read their complaint emails.

Comments:

Fergless

Sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear you were disconnected early. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Can you post your ticket # referencing this and I'll see where the failure was.

Acnac

It looks like this was a case of sour grapes from a company peeved at losing yet another customer.

Regardless of all the posturing they did on the early disconnection problem, they still owe you a week's worth of service, and its ridiculous that they should imply you will have to go back to them in order to get the credit.

Ask them for a refund cheque for the unused week, or send a report about them to the CTTS or BBB.....chances are they have done this before, and it could be profitable for them to do that.

Sadly, its also a warning not to give them advance cancellation notice.

said by Neil K:

Sadly, its also a warning not to give them advance cancellation notice.

I see you're trolling again Neil.

Re: Acnac

No, just telling it like it is to other customers, Fergless....don't lose too much sleep over that.

The company should sent this customer a replacement check for the eight days of lost service....its as simple as that.

said by Neil K:

There's no way for us to know what happened since there's no ticket # to go by. Simple as that