Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by JW516 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "actual internet service is ok (not great, not bad)"
Bad "Worst customer service I've ever dealt with"
Overall "Not worth the hassle. If you do the one year deal, you'll regret it once the year ends."

I did the one year deal, and was satisfied during the year. At this point, I couldn't put up the full year charge all at once, so I called them before the year was up and requested they switch my service to monthly. They said it would switch, and everything would be ok.

The next month, I got charged for another full year charge. After waiting on hold for over an hour (despire the hold line estimating it'd only be a 15 minute wait), I finally found out I couldn't handle the issue by phone, and it had to be taken care of by email. So I sent the email, and got a response saying they were looking into it, and I would hear back from them within a day. A week later, and not hearing back from them, I called them up again, waited on hold again for over an hour, and worked with someone to fix it. This included being told I had to send a different department multiple emails while on the phone with someone. They couldn't just contact the other department themselves for some reason. About a day after getting off the phone with that person, I got an email saying the issue was resolved. That email was a complete lie.

Its now about a week later, and the charges are still on my credit card. I've sent them multiple emails, all very polite, since then, but the emails have all been ignored. I've never once had issues with a company like this. I even went out of my way to call them before my original year ever ended, to prevent the issue, and was assured there would be no problems. They obviously have no communications between billing and the rest of the company, or have not trained their sales department correctly. They are most likely about to cost me a bunch of money, because they're delaying in removing the charges from my credit card, and I will end up needing to pay finance charges because of Acanac's horrible customer service.

Comments:

Review by Kaptankoko See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "Not sure if any"
Bad "Support, reliability, wrong credit card charges, unable to attend problems"
Overall "Never again"

My internet and voip is down and up for the last one month and i am not able to get acanac to fix it. They ask 100$ + tax to send a technician to look at it.
Too bad i paid one year in advance.
I am going to rip this thing off. Please do not support companies like this. You may get lucky and not get any problems but one day if you do then they wont fix it. Just like it happened to me.
Get service from a reputable company who pays people to answer when you call them and get you up and running again and pay a little extra.
Dont waste your money and time with Acanac.

Comments:

Review by archies See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Cheap"
Bad "bad service, Not honest"

After the first years they charge me on my credit card 568,73 for the next years. It' between 2 and 3 time the fee I pay for the first years. They didn't inform me or ask before, just take the money on my credit car. Very difficult to be refund, very bad communication. The price seem to be cheap, but be carfull. It's not an honest compagny.

member for 4 years, 0 visits, last login: 4 years ago

Comments:

Review by GeekyQc See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "reliable internet"
Bad "deceiving, perhaps conniving, won't give you benefit of the doubt, won't take responsibility for their employee commitment"
Overall "avoid them unless you can pay cash and have them sign a waiver they can't collect anything more unless you signed another paper"

I heard through a friend that was collecting "friend" subscription (so he'd get some benefit after a number) that Acanac was cheap & had a reliable service. So I called to get information about it and was suspicious as they only had a 12 month package and I never heard of them before, we talked about their service in length but the tipping point was there was /no contract/, I asked him several times always acknowledging it, I was also told there was a 50$ deposit for the modem but shrugged it off as I knew I wasn't going to damage it neither intend to use it after. I thought it over the next day and I was interested but not sure so I called again to be reassured there was really no contract, again emphasizing several time, to my satisfaction and that at the end of the 12 months I had /nothing/ else to do than send back the modem to get my deposit back. So I gave my credit card number and about a week later got connected (receiving the modem in the meanwhile).

Everything went fine for the next 12 months and at the end I went with another provider. I forgot about my modem so it was in a drawer for a 2-4 months and at some points thought "hey I can have my 50$ if I send it to them!" so I emailed them then they sent me a pre-paid envelope (why didn't they do that after 2-3 weeks without connection from them?) so I sent it to them.

Some weeks passed and I received no news so I contacted them. Then, when they received everything they needed from me, they told me their website contract (or terms of use or other BS term synonym to a contract) mentioned that the service automatically switched to monthly charge at the end of my package and I was charged even if I didn't use their service and never agreed to that in the first place. Adding insult to the injury, I was told that my bill was even larger than my deposit and they could collect me for it, a nice way to shut me up.

At that point, I stopped dialoguing with them and started phoning governmental agencies. I phoned a provincial department specialized in these conflicts (I'm being purposely vague) and because it wasn't an enterprise from my province neither did they advertise in it, that they couldn't help me. Then I called the provincial general help to see if another department could help me in vain. Then I called /their/ province department equivalent to the one I first called to no avail. Finally I called a couple Federal departments and argued that because my friend did a recommendation which he'd get a benefit back from that company that it was a form of advertisement and I needed a law to show my provincial department so that they could give me assistance, again in vain.

So I'm left to either pay a law assistant to find me that law which I could get provincial help or use court. It might be quite difficult to use small claims because it's inter-provincial and of the transport fees. There is a way I could get some juridic advice but that's sure, I have doubts about it...

In the meanwhile don't trust them, at all, and make sure you have a way to resolve a dispute without much financial strain (insurance, family, ...) before using them.

Edit1:

Rephrased in paragraph 3-4 keeping the same meaning.

Comments:

Review by dukejustice See Profile

• Location: Deschaillons-Sur-Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "First year is cheap. Brace for a surprise on the 2nd year. Limitless download. Credits for yelling (see comments)"
Bad "Everything else is a bad point. Radius server (dsl authentication) not too reliable. No service on weekends."
Overall "If you can be served by Acanac, it means you can be served by any other... Go the other way."

I had tried their service 3 months on a monthly term to finally pay 1 year up front. I haven't really had problems at first. So I was happy with the service initially.

After 2 years, I have moved thrice in 2 years and was unlucky enough to have bad copper lines at every turn. I have been chocked by the lack of real DSL knowledge by the support crew who are really following a point form bullet list to support customers. It really is annoying to start over the "turn this off, then on in this exact order" all the time.

I have even been told a vDsl filter is not compatible with Dsl service. While this filter had been installed by a Bell tech. I am astounded by the amount of arguments is really required to get a Bell tech out from them.

They had to give me a fixed IP because I couldn't send a mail from within their own network... Their mail relay server reported some spam error saying I could not relay mail to myself.

Ho... After my third move, I still had to identify myself with my 1st address because they never could find my account in their system.

I cannot really say they offer a bad technological service. The quality is Bell's. But when it comes to handling support calls, it looks like they hire just about anybody with or without (I mentionned with out of sheer politeness) DSL knowledge.

I would like to take a moment to mention that Acanac'c radius server is not that reliable. My account got hung for multiple logins for days at a time. With my bad copper lines, it often happened that the wind cut my signal and that I that my modem had to reconnect repeatedly. It so happens that their radius server's policies must be set too strict. As this situation has always happened to me when I use my connection the most... On weekends... And that they have no live support on weekends, not having any conection to fill the support form... I have been forced more then once to stay out of service for whole weekends at once.

The only positive comment is that I was able to get 4 months service for free after yelling and making reports on my "misfortunes". But 4 times their monthly fees is not compensation enough for all the trouble.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU LOOK FOR ANOTHER PROVIDER. I you can be served by them, you can be served by ANY OTHER !

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Comments:

Review by gunnhed See Profile

• Location: Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "cheap"
Bad "slow connection AND i got RIPPED OFF"
Overall "use only if you have no other choice and you're aware of how they do business"

i had ordered Acanac's 5mb service last year on june 14th to start in mid july (around the 13th of july). service didn't actually start until a week later, as they forgot to put in my ticket to have somone come to my place to set everything up the day of. i had paid in full for 12 months of service (you have no choice. the unlimited package requires you to pay for the full year of service in advance). service was decent. around the 4 month period, speeds had slowed down. on average, i was downloading at about 220kb/s at max. i didn't complain. i had realized that i wasn't getting what was advertised and decided that the following year i would try teksavvy (heard many good reviews about them). i had sent off an email on june 7th of this year to notify them that i would not be renewing my service. they replied via email with their current offers, and if the non-renewal was confirmed. i sent back another email to confirm that i would not be renewing their services for another full year. on june 14th, my service had stopped. lets go back to when i had first signed up. i signed up on june 14th, requesting that i wanted their services starting mid july. i received their services in the 3rd week of july. i paid for 12 months. my PAID services ended more than a month early. i attempted to call acanac's support line, but kept getting a recorded message saying that the wait was over an hour long and that i should call again. i called acanac to find out if their system was down. they told me that i had refused the renewal and that my contract was over. i had repeatedly told them that i paid for full 12 months, and that service started mid july. the answer i was told over and over again was that i had called them on june 14th requesting their services. basically, my contract begins the date i signed up. not when they actually activate my account or when my service starts. bif you called 2 months in advance, you would end up receiving 2 months less internet connection. even though you paid for 12 months. i could NEVER recommend Acanac to anyone i know. Essentially, they stole from me.

Comments:

Review by tkachuk See Profile

• Location: Newmarket,ON
Bad "Overall disappointed down to 1 meg service again I give up."
Overall "Good price."

Well I have been put on a 3 meg profile now. It took a couple weeks and alot of mud slinging. Not Acanac's fault directly, Bell is playing dirty. The bell tech who came to my house was nice. I will update again so everyone can see how my year goes.

Well after signing up and being happy my speed was cut to a 1.5 meg profile. I have contacted customer service and no one will do anything. The one tech told me that maybe I could get a faster connection with another ISP!!! I have quietly been trying to get my speed fixed with the tech department and the guy on here I always am the one that has to ask if any progress has been made. I always get fluffed off. B.S. from them I have had dsl for years and never had a problem nothing has changed in my stats, just my speed is slower, now stuck in a contract for a year, kinda funny how after the 30 day period was up my speed got cut in more then half and no one will help me or cares, despite all the nice things I said because I WAS happy. Now the only thing I am experiencing are the problems that other people warned me about before I signed up. This has now been a worse experience then with BELL.

you can view antics in forum here:

»my speed sucks again day later

Signed up Sun, Nov 9th 2008 @ 11:00pm. Modem recieved overnight fedex Wed, Nov 12th. Hooked up and active same day. Received my unthrottled connection bypass Thurs 13th @ 8:00am after requesting the previous night at 10:30pm. Signed up online paid with credit card one year term including tax and $49.00 modem deposit. $277.00. I have not had to call them once everything has been a dream with perfect communication via e-mail. Tracking number sent by them, all user logins passwords etc again sent by them. Even with the modem deposit, after 5 months my internet will be free opposed to using BELL. Which ripped me off and provided poor throttled (traffic shaped) internet access. I usually don't take them time to write reviews but Acanac.com, has truly exceeded my expectations.

Still running unthrottled and very happy. Dec 10th/08

Comments:

Review by wonder2010 See Profile

Good "Lot of troubles"
Bad "Every points that you can think of : Service, Support, Knowledge, Uncooperative, Money stealler"
Overall "If you are a trouble finder and have nothing to do, go ahead register with Acanac"

CHAPTER I (Come register, we are the cheapest in Town)

We registered with Acanac on September 2009 for 12 months for 238.77$. It's about 20$/month.

At the beginning, Wow! What’s a good deal comparing with other 29$/mo (no contract).

Installation took 2 weeks, not tooooo bad!

Connection resets every 2-3 days so if you consider using VoIP, think twice before you hook up with Acanac. You will lose your conversation at anytime (without notice, hehehe!).

Imagine you’re disconnected after waiting Acanac's tech support for 45min.
"You are 17th, waiting on the queue", believe me, I’ve heard that every time I called Acanac's tech support. Just Google Acanac, then try there tech. Support number, you will hear it yourself.
Then you talk to them, repeating the issue every time + emailssssss. At lease 20 hours to deal with Acanac while your 12 months of contract. Let say, I’m with a minimum salary 10$/h. So, add 200$ to your Acanac bill. You tell me if it’s worth.

CHAPTER II (how long can you get your Dryloop setup?)

How classify Acanac toward Bell comparing to other ISP? I really don’t understand till now!

One day, I decided to cancel Bell phone line to go with VoIP. I didn’t know that I have to request Acanac for a Dryloop, my bad!

Suddenly, I don’t have Internet (DSL signal). I called Acanac, the rep tall me to go over the reboot procedure...and a lot of things. Then she asks me to borrow my friend’s modem. When I talk to my friend, he explains to me about the Dryloop. Wao! I wish he can work for Acanac tech support.

So I called Acanac to register a Dryloop. Wonderful, “don’t worry; you will have your Dryloop, Internet in 5 business days”. One week passed by, then 2 weeks, stills nothing, not a single email or phone call. So I called Acanac, “Oh, Bell will MAYBE able to setup your Dryloop in June” which is in one month.

Imagine my friend, what will you be without Internet and Telephone for 7 weeks, plus you’re not sure will have them after all.

So I asked for a cancelation and refund so I can hook up with another provider. Here we go, this is what Acanac have been waiting for customer like you (12 months Contract for 238.77$). The famous reply” we will calculate the used amount based on the monthly plan rate (39.95$) so it will cost 319.60$, since you have paid only 227.40$ for internet service, so we can terminate your account but there will be no refund available for the DSL service, but we will refund $8.40 which you paid for the Dryloop service”

Wow! How easy to make money here! So with Acanac, you are not buying a service but you are gambling with the Casino. No I’m wrong, with the Casino, You might win but with Acanac, You’re always a looser dear customer.

Cause I absolutely need internet for our phone. I tried with another ISP (29$/mon), you know what, I get my Dryloop/Internet up 2 weeks later. Both Acanac and the other ISP (29$/mon), they tell me a Bell tech will comes to hook up my Dryloop. But Acanac needs more than 7 weeks, the other needs 2 weeks??? Keep asking why, why, why???

With Acanac, satisfaction is warranty. Cause if you are not satisfied, go away, your money is alreay in Acanac’s bank anyway hahhaha. You tell me if it’s worth.

CHAPTER III (You still have to pay for what you don’t get)

You remember I called Acanac to register my Dryloop. Believe me, Acanac will charge you even before they place a request to Bell.
With an honest business, you will get refund for a service did not deliver. Not with Acanac, Billing department keeps charging you April, then May...till you called them. Oh no, email them, no call accepted at Acanac. This is the conversation:

ME Posted on 05 May 2010 01:52 PM
Name: xxxxx

E-Mail: xxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
My account is DSL user name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I ordered dry loop for your last week. You tall me it will be activated last monday, but still no signal.
So I called your tech. she tall me that Bell won't available to activate till maybe June...Which means I won't have internet and my telephone till then.
I wonder what kind of service is that you have that in file but no one let me know by either phone or email ???

Then she tall me that what I could do is to email you for an arrangement of a refund for my Internet already paid for 1 year and 1month of dry loop.

Please contact me ASAP at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

ACANAC Posted on 09 May 2010 05:22 AM

Sorry for the belated response,
As I checked, you have used your service for about 8 months, we will calculate the used amount based on the monthly plan rate (39.95$) so it will cost 319.60$, since you have paid only 227.40$ for internet service, so we can terminate your account but there will be no refund available for the DSL service, but we will refund $8.40 which you paid for the Dryloop service,

Please reply this ticket back for confirmation,

Look forward to hearing from you.

Acanac Inc

ME Posted on 09 May 2010 05:51 PM
Are you serious xxxxx !?

In this case, don't cancel. I will make my way to get dryloop with
Bell here in Quebec.

Posted on 30 May 2010 01:46 PM
Dear xxxx

Yes Of course!

The amount of 8.40$ will be refunded to your credit card within the next few business days.

Also I suggest you to contact us once your DSL service is fixed and we will have a compensation internet outage.

Please let us know if you have any further requests or concerns,

ME Posted on 31 May 2010 12:01 PM
________________________________________

We just want to advise that we have been charged for 2 months, April 29 and May 29.

Again thanks a lot.

Posted on 01 Jun 2010 07:02 AM
Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for delayed response,

Yes actually you have payed 2*8.40$ for your Dryloop service. But one of the payments should be refunded. Because the first payment is going to be used for the first month of your Dryloop usage.

Please let us know if you have any further requests or concerns,

ME Posted on 02 Jun 2010 08:55 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I really don't understand why do I have to pay for the first month of
my Dryloop usage. Acanac have never delivered Dryloop to me. I have to
register with an ISP in Montreal to have my Dryloop setup.

thanks

Posted on 04 Jun 2010 03:05 AM
Hi

We created dry loop package for you which will cost you 8$ per month plus tax, in this condition, we will reimburse the first dry loop invoice which you didn't use it, and second one will remain as dry loop invoice/credit from 2010-05-29 till 2010-06-29.

We hope this information has been of use.

=========================================================
I believe that they don’t even read my replies when I said “I will make my way to get dryloop with Bell here in Quebec.”

and “Sorry, I really don't understand why do I have to pay for the first month of my Dryloop usage. Acanac have never delivered Dryloop to me. I have to
register with an ISP in Montreal to have my Dryloop setup.”

Or they just ignore it to continue to steal your money till you're broke hehehe!

I really had enough with Acanac. You my friend, do you want to try?!

Comments:

Review by SourCherry See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Low Price (1st Year)"
Bad "Connection is terrible as it constantly drops, terrible technical support."
Overall "Not worth it, unless you like to get treated like garbage."

Update (extremely low IQ staff/malpractice):
Notice the date I posted cancellation and the date my contract ends, then the dates their staff responds on.

Me - Posted on 23 Feb 2010 09:44 PM

Name: x

E-Mail: x

I'd like to cancel my service once my contract ends. Also please advise when the last day is. Thanks.

Acanac - Com (Sanam) - Posted on 25 Feb 2010 02:31 AM

Sorry for the belated response,
As I checked, the renewal date of your account will be on 2010-03-18,
Would you please let us know the reason of cancellation?
If there is any technical problem, we will investigate and do our best to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Me - Posted on 25 Feb 2010 06:06 PM

Problems that were not resolved since day one. Terrible technical support service, only stuck with it because I prepaid.
Ticket Reference: xxx

Any compensation for this?

As per your website:

"Acanac's core value is to make sure that you the customer is served with
the utmost respect and professionalism. This is the reason that we are one
of the few companies that offer an unconditional money back guarantee. That's why we have invested heavily in hardware, and facilities. This ensures that you, the client is up and running on 24 hours a day seven days a week."

Reference: »www.acanac.com/Company-Info.html

Acanac Inc. ( Hamed.F ) - Posted on 27 Feb 2010 12:02 PM

Hello,

Could you please explain more about your request?
We will do our best possible to help you so please give us another chance to have this issue resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Acanac-Inc ( Omid ) - Posted on 27 Feb 2010 12:42 PM

Dear xxx

Sorry for all the inconveniences you may have faced,
In this case, we need our manager's confirmation to cancel your account and refund your funds,

I informed him about your issue and that would be great assistance if you wait until he responds,

We will keep you updated,

Me - Posted on 27 Feb 2010 03:57 PM

To Hamed: Read the subject line, self-expanatory, you want the details, read the other posts in the other ticket I linked. I'm not retyping the issue again.
To Omid: Thank you, I expect an answer soon.

Me - Posted on 09 Mar 2010 04:54 PM

I have not received a response yet, and my request for a new modem has finally been fulfilled. So far, the issues seem to be resolved for the disconnects.

Therefore:

I am willing to settle without a refund, by only requesting that you provide me with free and STABLE internet service until March 31st, 2011, and that you will be responsible for cost of the return shipment of the modem. This request is reasonable as it took your DSL support team 1 year to resolve. This settlement offer will close on Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 11:59pm.

Me - Posted on 20 Mar 2010 09:41 PM

I have made myself clear in the initial post; "I'd like to cancel my service once my contract ends."
I expect to see a refund of $427.77 for the unauthorized renewal.

Your deadline is Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 to provide a response.

Sonia K - Posted on 22 Mar 2010 11:41 AM

Dear valued client,

I am able to terminate your service and issue a partial refund to your account.

Please note that there will be a charge for one month of service at our regular monthly rate. As per the user agreement, we must receive notification from you either ON or BEFORE your renewal date.

No action will be taken on your account until we receive your confirmation to this email.

Best Regards

Me - Posted on 22 Mar 2010 12:05 PM

As of now you have already commited credit fraud by stealing/debited $427.77 without my authorization. You will be receiving a letter from me shortly.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Bibi D. - Posted on 24 Mar 2010 08:05 AM

Dear valued client,

As per the user agreement that you agreed to upon signing on with Acanac, the service will be automatically renewed unless the client sends us an e-mail stating they do not want to renew on or before the service is renewed.

Please read the user agreement located on our website.

Best Regards

---------------------------

(I know it's long, but well worth the read if you want an honest opinion)

I signed up with them since it was cheap and had unlimited bandwidth, I read reviews here that their technical support was already terrible, but with over 6 years of professional IT experience with the Federal Government and as a sole proprietor, with an OACETT accredited education, it did not bother me, since I'd be able to fix the majority of the issues on my end.

So I switched off from Bell (which was working perfectly fine, but refused to let me keep my unlimited bandwidth) to Acanac. From day one I was experiencing constant disconnects, whether it was directly plugged into the modem or the router. I even tried different jack, cables and routers (even resetting the devices) I haven't touch a single thing in the modem (that I can recall, and if I did it was from what the instruction sheet instructed to do).

I then sent off a ticket a month later after I ordered (as you can see it spanned for almost a year), I have posted a copy paste for you to see how bad the support is. No follow-ups whatsoever and the issue was never resolved, I basically just gave up. They even ignored my request for a new modem.

Also forget about calling them, they people that answer the phone are complete inconsiderate [censored]. They are condescending and obviously are not well-trained/mis-informed (what do you expect from an ISP that charges such low rates?). An example would be the guy saying that Linksys (the brand of router I own) is absolute garbage... I don't know where he got this information from but Linksys controls a majority of the market especially since it's made by Cisco... Adding on, the rep cuts you off when you talk, ignores what you say even though it's relevant, puts you on hold for 30 minutes, or just doesn't talk.

Ticket Log:

Posted on 24 Apr 2009 08:49 AM

Good morning:

I seem to be constantly getting disconnected, whether I'm browsing the net, on Xbox Live or even just playing online games on my PC. I saw in the knowledge base, it might have to do with the sync rate, but I don't know.

Thanks.

Posted on 24 Apr 2009 01:15 PM

Hello,

As we checked, it seems there is something wrong with your DSL line. We are going to inform Bell about this issue. Please let us know what would be a good time that you'll be available during the day if they need to send a tech?
AM(9-12), PM(12-5),or Evenings(5-9)
Also please provide us with phone number that we can contact you during this time.

Posted on 25 Apr 2009 12:58 AM

Hello,

Evenings are preferred but arrangements should be made prior if a visit is required. The phone number that can be contacted is [removed]. I would just like to mention that Bell was my previous provider prior to switching to Acanac if that helps.

Thanks.

Posted on 25 Apr 2009 04:47 AM

Hi,

A ticket has been issued for you in Bell today and a tech will be on site in next 2-3 days if needed.

Posted on 06 May 2009 08:42 PM

Hi,

I have not received a phone call and this issue is still persisting. I can't do a single thing without disconnecting like every 5 minutes.

Posted on 07 May 2009 02:09 AM

Sorry for inconvinience.

I placed a new repair ticket for you in bell and asked them to investigate about this intermittent connection as son as possible.It usually takes Bell 48 Hours to review our tickets, so please wait.

Posted on 11 May 2009 06:38 PM

Hi

It has been well over 48 hours and I'm still getting like 10 disconnects per hour.

Posted on 12 May 2009 02:38 AM

Hi

Is it possible for you to call us in the office when you’re free?
Our DSL Support department is open from Monday to Friday 9AM to Midnight you can call Toll Free: 1-866-281-3538 ex 4.

We can check your modem and do some tests with you over the phone.

Posted on 28 May 2009 05:41 PM

I called and they guy said he'd place a ticket to Bell to downgrade my speed, since I had faster connection with Bell prior to switching, and that was the cause of my D/Cs since it was trying to act as a higher speed than it was supposed to.

However I still haven't received any calls from Bell, and it is still disconnecting.

Posted on 29 May 2009 02:33 AM

Hello,

We had informed Bell but unfortunately did not receive any response regards to fix your problem.
We just informed Bell again asking for more investigation. Please accept our apology for this matter.
Please check your service next 48~72 hours and inform us if the problem persists.

Your patience and collaboration is highly appreciated.

Posted on 04 Jun 2009 05:41 PM

Ok... over 1 month and still no fix.

Posted on 05 Jun 2009 05:07 AM

Hi

Sorry for all inconviniences.

We will do our best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Is it possible to give us a call?
Our DSL Support department is open from Monday to Friday 9AM to Midnight, you can call Toll Free: 1-866-281-3538 ex 4.

Posted on 03 Nov 2009 10:45 PM

So.

After multiple months, calls and ticket replies, you still haven't resolved my issue. What's up? Don't tell me to call again to waste my time. Fix the issue.
These disconnects are [censored] pissing me off. How about sending me a new modem or something. Or "send a ticket to Bell" and never reply to me.

Posted on 05 Nov 2009 03:13 AM

Sorry for inconvinience.
I'm going to issue a ticket with Bell to have the problem resolved. Could you please provide the best time that you would be at home incase Bell has to send a tech.
(AM(9-12), PM(12-5)or Evenings(5-9):?

Posted on 05 Nov 2009 09:09 AM

Evenings(5-9):[removed]

Posted on 05 Nov 2009 12:55 PM

Hi,

We have informed Bell and they are currently working on it.
Please wait.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONCLUSION: STAY AWAY.
»www.acanac.com/Company-Info.html

^^^ They failed to hold their core values in so many ways. I suppose after a year of failing I'm no longer eligible for the refund.

Comments:

Review by griwei See Profile

• Location: London,ON
Good "inexpensive, 4 fixed IP addresses"
Bad "technical "support" and very poor communications"
Overall "You Get What You Pay For"

I started with Acanac as a VOIP customer in November 2006, while awaiting our house construction to finish. I added a dry-loop DSL service in June 2007. It is important to note that Acanac was my backup Internet provider only. I used Rogers as my primary (Cable) Internet service provider. Acanac's DSL line just needed to work as a backup, and later I wanted to use it to run a home server (so that I could host my security cameras, etc.).

Whenever there was a problem with the VOIP service, tech support staff unfailingly blamed the software, or the voip adapter for any problems. Whenever there was a problem with the DSL line, tech support staff blamed Bell Canada (from whom Acanac leases its pipe). I gave up on Acanac, as a VOIP provider, in January 2008, but kept it as a DSL provider. I have now dropped it as my DSL provider as well.

I dropped Acanac as a VOIP provider because service was unreliable and the only available tech support was via email. I dropped Acanac as a DSL provider because the service was never reliable and there was no 24-hour telephone support. Even if there had been 24-hour DSL support, my experience with Acanac support staff was hit and miss. If the problem could not be resolved by the simple steps, they were at a loss and normally blamed Bell (as mentioned above).

After a lot of hassle, I had Acanac replace its modem in February 2010. In April 2010 the new modem died, after providing terrible service during its short tenure (requiring power-cycling almost daily). After three days with no reply to my emergency email to Acanac's DSL support staff, I sent their modem back and switched providers.

Good riddance, Acanac!