Acanac page on DSLReports

• Location: m1e5k
Bad "Customer Service unapologetic about incorrect info posted site"
Overall "Misleading website"

I was looking to get internet and a voip phone and decided to go with Acanac because on their website it is highlighted that their phone service (0.0$/mth when ordering high speed internet) comes with Free Long Distance in "U.S & Canada". After ordering the cable internet on their website, I called in to find out how my phone service gets activated and then learned long distance was ONLY free in CANADA only NOT U.S.=A0 So I e-mailed their customer service about this misleading information on their website and asked them to honor what is on their website. Instead of apologizing for the misleading information and or offering to have this corrected on the website, they simply said the correct information=A0 is at the bottom of the site. I was very disappointed in this response and have e-mailed billing@acanac.com to cancel my internet service if they cannot honor this. I will go with a company that stands behind their words.

(review was emailed from domain rogers.com)

Comments:

Fergless
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
·Acanac

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, however it is mentioned further down the page.
quote:
Pricing Availability & Discounts

*All terms are due up front. If you sign up for the lowest rate then you are likely on the 1 year term. You will be billed the entire term up front and then billed on a yearly basis. Our Free Home service promo only inlcludes free calling within Canada. If you require free calling to the U.S please don't use the promo code.
And again on the order page.
quote:
Free Home Phone Service. How does it work?

If you're a NEW Customer that orders DSL or Cable High Speed Internet term, you can have a free Home Phone service for that term. For example: If you order a 3 month term for DSL or Cable, you will receive a 3 month term of our Home Phone service for free. If you order a 12 month term then same would apply. This is for new Customers only and free calling is only within Canadian provinces.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Acanac Inc.

You are cancelling your internet service because you are getting a FREE phone that INCLUDES long distance in Canada but not the US? I think you are getting a pretty good deal for being free. Fergie is right, it does state there and on the order form not to use promo code if you require long distance in the US.

hbanibashar

@acanac.net

Re: Acanac Inc.

acanac falsley had my profile changed to interleave it has ruined my life and they have simply lied about having it fixed ...
weeks later i'm still on interleave and they do not give a freaking shit
most pathetic half-assed lousy money stealing service wont even put me on fast path to fix their bullshit mistake...

Re: Acanac Inc.

hbanibashar instead of cursing on here send me your user name on your account and I will have a look at it. You might use that language elsewhere but we do not use it here.

acncntfrind

@wtccommunications.ca

Re: Acanac Inc.

I agree that Acanac does not proves a good service. It is cheap but not good. When I had issues with them, they would not reply to emails and I received a run-around. They only time I did get prompt replies was when I posted messages like hbanibashar did. That was when they were all polite and eager to help. If you (Acanac) have two different messages on the website and one contradicts the other. And more than one person falls for it. It must mean that something is wrong, but you can just quote the fine print. Because that is the sincere way to do it. Thanks for being polite about it. I wonder where do you use that language. When you laugh at everyone off-line?

Re: Acanac Inc.

I have never laughed at the customers off line and don't find it in the least bit funny when they have problems. "Where do i use that language", you ask? No where is my answer. I can express myself without having to resort to potty mouth.

Re: Acanac Inc.

dear lynn... i don't owe you an apology you got worthless people wasting my time over and over liyin gto my face...
all i ask for 10 times multiple tickets... multiple confirmations.. i even called... they lie to my face.. ok sir will put you baCK ON fast profile? what is so hard? why waste weeks of my time? and then you're mad about my potty mouth? well too bad buddy? do you how low it is for youre reps to mess with me lie to me? waste my time? for what? it's a simple profile change? should i put the freaking logs from weeks on end? you owe me service that i have payed for in advance to advance your company... yet you have bullshit childish customer rep trying their best to slack off and rip peopple off and the proof is RIGHT THERE... I iwll not leave you alone until i get fast profile again... it is not a big request and if you're company just wants to lie to me over and over.. the log is there.. it's pathetic.... and you know it ... you might be damage control... but enough is enough... if i got the SIMPLE request i made 10 times... multiple ways.. i would not be here wasting my time... or justifying why im swearing here... you put me and my family on hold... and have the nerve to get mad at me sweraing??? i can't even get an intelligent response from these tickets i write... give me a break man.. GIVE ME A BREAK as an adult... GIVE ME A BREAK...

Re: Acanac Inc.

Never asked you for an apology and I am not mad at the language. I just said you can express yourself without using it here.
I see Fegie is working on your problems on the Acanac forum. I have no access to tec files here.

Hello,

Please note that Bell set your dsl speed profile to interleave to remove the cap from your download speed. Then your connection is getting stable and you wont experience any intermittent connection. We tried to put your line back to fast path mode, but Bell rejected our request due to technical reasons. Please accept our apology for this matter.

Your another ticket as regards to transferring to Cable internet has been replied in our billing department. You can see the ticket GQG-91782.

Best Regards,
Acanac Inc.
this is why i'm mad..after weeks of me begging and pleading telling them it was unnecessary
your tech support had the audacity to tell me oh you can switch to cable and bla bla bla..
it will only cost
99.99 for modem
50bux activation
AND the difference for the year
OOOH WOOPTIDOOO! 200BUX LATER and god knows weeks of waiting for the new install WHICH I WONT PAY YOU FOR LOLLLLL how stupid do you think i am?
deny me a simple profile change when it was not even necessary in the first place..
they cant eve fix a mistake
why does an isp even exist if they can't do anything for you but take your money and SUGGEST you spend more when they mess up and can't do a simple profile change back? amazing wow utterly amazing...
500bux for a year
not im on a massive latency service that wont work with most my programs
i guess I GOTA SETTLE FOR SLOWLY SURFING THE WEB THANKS LYNN I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY CASH
but i'm going to keep on whining and whining and whining
and whining and calling some legal service to get some sort of resolution against a company that has left me with my hands tied and telling me to WATCH MY MOUTH after months of stressfull BULLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT ... if i can't use my internet the way i want i guess i have nothing left todo but take my free time and just go on and on about what a fail acanac is... unbelievable unfreaking believable take money for a year in advance and tell me NO to a profile change...

Fergless
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
·Acanac

Re: Acanac Inc.

Just so you know, we tried to get Bell to change it 2 times and they refused.

I't s pretty much out of our hands to try again as it will just be the same reply from Bell.

Really wished we could have got it straightened out but it wasn't to be.

Can you not switch to Cable and have your DSL credited towards it.

Tks

Re: Acanac Inc.

so you're going to send me the docsis 3 modem and wave the installation fee $50? i believe the modem is 99 with tax $115 *feints.. sure ill pay the difference after ... mayb if you send me the modem i can convince the family for the expense of the rest...

Scarborough, ON
did i mention i paid bell a $100 to install a master filter ... ordered other filters for the phone another 20 i'm just bleeding money here.. bleeding.. bleediing........ dead

Re: Acanac Inc.

We are not responsible for inside wiring, filters, jacks. We are only responsible for the connection up to the demark which is on the side of your home. Anything after the demark is customers responsibility.

Scarborough, ON
i was just confirming that you're happily suggesting i have to spend over 200bux on the issue to change to cable so it's not a matter of pay the difference... but ya you go on and act ignorant on the subject it amuses me it really does again 120 modem 50 activation before the "difference paying even comes in for the 12 months duuuuh that might be the customers responsibility but apparently you wont/cant change my profile so any other company would grant an easy change to cable for their failure on the matter.. but you're clever so you're gona act like you didn't fail on anything because i read all over the internet people saying acanac wont change you to fast path... so you wasted 1month of what you know to tell me exactly what others have been told... it's a policy rather then a oops...we cant do it... i can link those but i already saw you commenting on them so i know YOU Know that you think you fooled me but no sir you didn't

Re: Acanac Inc.

said by azmoden:apparently you wont/cant change my profile so any other company would grant an easy change to cable for their failure on the matter.. but you're clever so you're gona act like you didn't fail on anything because i read all over the internet people saying acanac wont change you to fast path... so you wasted 1month of what you know to tell me exactly what others have been told... it's a policy rather then a oops...we cant do it...
[/BQUOTE :

You have been told on both forums and numerous times and even by a second level tec that we sent a ticket in and we also called Bell for you to try to get them to change your profile to fast path. THEY have refused and only Bell knows the reasons why. You can keep blaming Acanac if you choose to but Bell makes those decisions not us. I don't know how much clearer any of the agents or tecs can make that that you will finally understand that BELL is making the decision.

Re: Acanac Inc.

ok so what would YOU do? just sit there and take it? connection is no good for any online gaming.. i have to order something new now eventhough i've paid for 1year since november... on second year term....

Scarborough, ON
they wont even offer me a deal to change to cable... their like pay for a year and we might do the accounting properly so that you get a refund for most of it back... oh lord pay for a fresh year some 500 odd bucks 100for modem 50 activation... like 800bux you're trying to strong arm me into spending... atleast do something more then tell me oh there is nothing we can do nope nothing how does that reassure me...you think just because you say no i should shutup and play dead? if you're a bell customer and you talk to them they'll change it.. if ur with acanac oh no bell is holding them hostage they wont do it! ooooooowoowowo! woooptidooo!!!! i read the forums and that's their answer to everything.. sorry bell wont do it.. refund for 8months and ill leave you alone.. at the very least i can let everyone else know what their in for..

• Location: K1r6k
Good "Not much...wasn't on hold for long before Call Centre person connected"
Bad "Pretty much everything else starting with their resolution to the problem"
Overall "They are cheap and you still dont get what you paid for."

DSL service down 10 am on March 14, 2012. After repeated calls, tickets,
and generally spending more time than anyone would want harassing them, they
have said and I quote, "check back again on March 22". Yes, I am serious,
that is the kind of service and support you can expect from these bozo's.
Shame on me for giving them my $ up front or I would be gone so fast. Oh,
the reason for the outage in the first place were changes that they made
because they had my physical address wrong. Yes, nothing to do with me.
Keep in mind that this is for my company and take on an even higher degree
of importance. Complete incompetence followed by spitting on and burning
the flag of customer service and satisfaction.

(review was emailed from domain publivate.com)

Comments:
Lynn0

Acanac, Inc.

If you would like to pm me with your user name on the account I will look your account up to see what is going on with it.

Review by sdp1077 See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Bad "Worst Service 620 dollars per year for 6 mbps. Lets see live support ticket,"

They have the worst customer support in the world. I have opened a ticket about 10 days back. It is still open. I am going to see how long it goes. I reply immediately. They take about three days. Lets see it live.

Comments:
sdp1077

join:2012-03-15
Brampton, ON

Got disconnected two days earlier by Acanac

It was supposed to be disconnected on 2012-04-04 as per your written message by Acanac in support ticket. It got disconnected on 2012-04-02. I placed order with other provider from 2012-04-05 because i was hoping service until 2012-04-04. What a harassment by Acanac. Now it will take two to five days to get response from you. complete harassment.

It took more than 15 days to schedule to disconnect. And that was also not done properly.
sdp1077

join:2012-03-15
Brampton, ON

Acanac replied for disconnecting service. Here is the reply.

Acanac replied for disconnecting service. Here is the reply.

"Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Your account has been terminated on 2012-04-02."

Are they going to make any change ? I don't think so.

Will i ever get chance to say "Apologies for not paying for DSL service" ?

Review by Jerry_Fu See Profile

Bad "Worst customer service ever"

Acanac has the worst customer service ever. I have sent my request for cancellation and inform them that I do not wish to renew my service with them after the end of my contract in mid-March. Their billing department sent me a ticket number and somebody named Devora asked me the reason of my cancellation. It has been two week since my reply to them with my reason of cancellation and asked them for a cancellation confimation ID, nobody respond to me with a confirmation of my request. All I want is a cancellation confirmation ID and to confirm my last day of my service, but they NEVER respond.

• Location: L3T 7
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (40 month contract)
Good "price if it had worked"
Bad "everything else, easily one of the worst companies i've ever dealt with"
Overall "Do not get lulled in by their price. Burning the money would put it to better use"

After reading some reviews and comparing prices, i decided that signing up
to Acanac was worth the risk. I guess there is a reason why they charge you
upfront. After seeing the money charged from my credit card, i waited
patiently for the 2 week period when they were to connect my service. As
the start date was on Sunday and technical support is closed on that day,
it was understandable for a start-up like Acanac to be unavailable. Come
Monday, service was still unavailable and I tried calling numerous times in
good faith for the first week hoping the problem would be solved. Every
single time, it's the exact same stupid questions, don't they have a log of
all the processes that were done? By the fourth time, i could regurgitate
everything they asked before they asked me. It has now been 2 weeks and I
have emailed cable support, support, and billing. Billing does not even
bother replying. The phone people are useless, always some excuse. Glenna -
the online cable support is nice enough but still there was nothing that
could be done to remedy the problem.

Will update on the progress, but my biggest concern now is that I will not
be able to get my money back. This feels like a big scam. DO NOT JOIN JUST
TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS! Go for bigger and more reliable companies like
Teksavvy or even Rogers. If you think Rogers or Bell customer service is
bad, then you have not experienced the power of Acanac.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by KarboN See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Once was the cheapest (shop more, you'll find cheaper ones now)"
Bad "Terrible sales team, terrible customer support, will move your DSL, won't refund your months paid up-front upon cancellation"
Overall "You get what you pay for"

It all started very wrong with Acanac on the month of May 2010. I had an appointment with Bell for installation on the first of june. The sales person had taken the date wrong, so I had to skip work a second day to have my line installed.

The line finally got installed, and the speed was good enough (around 4,8 mbits, close to the advertized 5mbit) for me to renew for a second year up-front on the month of May 2011.

Things got bad during the month of September 2011, my connection speed dropped drastically to around 2,5mbits, and the latency to the ISP's gateway went from ~12ms to ~40ms. It took over 450 cell phones minutes spreaded over 15 calls and 2 visits from the Bell tech to get that sorted out. During these calls, I discovered that the limit for a call on my cell phone provider was 3 hours. Can you imagine? The Customer Support representative would just instruct me to reset the modem, try a new modem, change the wires, etc. They wouldn't listen to my diagnostic even though I clearly stated I am an IT professional. They never admitted my copper pair was moved to a DSLAM further, but the increase in ping and decrease in bandwidth clearly demonstrates it. Most of the time, their PBX queues would be full and I would simply be unable to get the line, so I needed to talk to an admin on their community board. He made sure the tickets were escalated. I had my original speeds back, thanks to him.

In the mean time, Bell started offering 12/16/25 mbits ADSL2 and VDSL2 packages. I was extremely eager to benefit from these new speeds, but at the moment I wrote this message (more than 9 months later), it never came to anyone at Acanac.

I decided to cancel my subscription, 9 months in (Feb 2012), and asked for a refund of the unused portion, there would be no way I would pay 41$/month for bad latency throttled 5mbit internet while I could have 30mbits for 49$ a month with a competitor. The customer support refused to take my cancellation request by the phone, I was instructed to send an EMAIL to their billing department. They asked for the reason (which I stated explicitely). I offered them an agreement that would reduce the amount of the refund (compared to the pro-rata basis), since I had paid up-front (calculating a 6 month block and a 3 month block), but they won't reply to me by email since a week. They deliberately dropped my calls 2 times on their PBX system.

This is not drug business and an ISP can't just refuse to refund part of the service just because the money is in its pockets now.

Today, I called to have my cancellation cancelled (therefore have the service restablished), at least I'm going to be able to use what I'm paying for until may.

Save your time, save your money and use another provider.

Comments:

Review by rkim25 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Seems good in the beginning"
Bad "Cancellation was fine, but still waiting for refund after 4th delays"
Overall "stay away from this company"

I was with Primus, 7Mbps/1Mbps, but I was getting around 1-2Mbps download speed. So I decided to try Acanac.

Since they charged $464.14 on my credit card on Dec 23, I probably signed up for the service around Dec 20, 2011.

User set up was pretty fast. I received all the user info within a few days.

I was supposed to get internet service on Dec 28. Acanac sent me an email for additional info. Although I did reply to the email, I didn’t know that I have to use the web based reply. That caused two days of delay. Activation date was set for Dec 30, 2011. I was hoping to get the service in the morning, but it wasn't ready . So I called Acanac later night, customer rep told me it hasn’t done, yet, and it might be after Jan 3.

Called Jan 4, and I found out the activation was done on Jan 31. It was hard to believe it, but I was glad it was done. However I couldn’t get the solid DLS light on my modem.
After hours of waiting, several phone calls with tech, they told me they have to send Bell technician to check the line. If there is problem on my end, I have to pay for $100, however as I mentioned it before my internet was working fine with Primus before I switched to Acanac.

Due the activation problem I decided to cancel the activation.

Acanac told me they will refund it my credit card. Then they told me they had problem, so they have to issue me a cheque. However whenever I asked for the confirmation for the refund cheque, they gave me more delays. From my last email they told me that it will take another 10 days to issue the refund which I doubted.

So after 4th delays, I decided to call Acanac. But they wouldn’t deal the refund issues over the phone. I can only communicate with billing department by via email. I've sent two emails on Jan 24, and Jan 25 to feedback and billing acanac. I haven't received any replies regarding to my messages.

Stay away from this company.

ps. if you have any tech problem, and don't want to wait for an hour to get thru, just talk to sales, they work as tech as well.

Comments:

Review by szuwei See Profile

Bad "Worst everything ever!!!"

FULL OF SHIT!!

THEY OVER CHARGE YOU FOR ANYTHING THEY CAN GET!!

AND THERE'S NO WAY TO GET CONTACT WITH THEM ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY!!

Comments:

Review by edward80 See Profile

Good "Cheap"
Bad "Everything else"
Overall "They're so bad I would not even recommend Acanac to my worst enemy"

It has now been close to 60 days and the problem is still not fixed.
Acanac is not trying to fix my problem, they just keep putting me in circles.
Spend a few more dollars and go with someone else like Teksavvy that actually cares for their customers.

after the 30 days, I'm down to less than 1mbps down.
A lot of people in my area have the same problem but they refuse to do anything about it.
Email/phone/Lynn aren't helpful at all.
In total I've spend close to 10 hours and have not gotten it resolved yet.

I was with Teksavvy for over 2 years without any problem.
Spend a few extra dollars and avoid this company, you'll thank me.

Comments:

Review by leanne See Profile

• Location: Bowmanville,ON
Bad "Waste of Money"

We had Acanac for internet and Voip for a year, had minor problems, but nothing to cause us to look else where when our pre-paid year was up. One month into our second pre-paid year our Voip stopped working. We have not been able to receive a call. We open up service tickets and within a few days receive an email, ticket closed problem will be fixed within 72 hours. We give them 72 hours and a grace of a few days. Nothing! Open another ticket, response the same.... three months later and numerous tickets opened we still do not having a working phone. We just want a working phone or our money back. I suggest to anyone intersted in Acanac for VOIP - don't! You are better off paying a bit more for a working phone, then paying for a service you don't get!

member for 3 years, 1 visits, last login: 3 years ago