Acanac page on DSLReports

• Location: L3T 7
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (40 month contract)
Good "price if it had worked"
Bad "everything else, easily one of the worst companies i've ever dealt with"
Overall "Do not get lulled in by their price. Burning the money would put it to better use"

After reading some reviews and comparing prices, i decided that signing up
to Acanac was worth the risk. I guess there is a reason why they charge you
upfront. After seeing the money charged from my credit card, i waited
patiently for the 2 week period when they were to connect my service. As
the start date was on Sunday and technical support is closed on that day,
it was understandable for a start-up like Acanac to be unavailable. Come
Monday, service was still unavailable and I tried calling numerous times in
good faith for the first week hoping the problem would be solved. Every
single time, it's the exact same stupid questions, don't they have a log of
all the processes that were done? By the fourth time, i could regurgitate
everything they asked before they asked me. It has now been 2 weeks and I
have emailed cable support, support, and billing. Billing does not even
bother replying. The phone people are useless, always some excuse. Glenna -
the online cable support is nice enough but still there was nothing that
could be done to remedy the problem.

Will update on the progress, but my biggest concern now is that I will not
be able to get my money back. This feels like a big scam. DO NOT JOIN JUST
TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS! Go for bigger and more reliable companies like
Teksavvy or even Rogers. If you think Rogers or Bell customer service is
bad, then you have not experienced the power of Acanac.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:
Lynn

Acanac, inc.

Can you pm me with your name and address on the account so I can look it up and see what is happening with your install?

Review by KarboN See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Once was the cheapest (shop more, you'll find cheaper ones now)"
Bad "Terrible sales team, terrible customer support, will move your DSL, won't refund your months paid up-front upon cancellation"
Overall "You get what you pay for"

It all started very wrong with Acanac on the month of May 2010. I had an appointment with Bell for installation on the first of june. The sales person had taken the date wrong, so I had to skip work a second day to have my line installed.

The line finally got installed, and the speed was good enough (around 4,8 mbits, close to the advertized 5mbit) for me to renew for a second year up-front on the month of May 2011.

Things got bad during the month of September 2011, my connection speed dropped drastically to around 2,5mbits, and the latency to the ISP's gateway went from ~12ms to ~40ms. It took over 450 cell phones minutes spreaded over 15 calls and 2 visits from the Bell tech to get that sorted out. During these calls, I discovered that the limit for a call on my cell phone provider was 3 hours. Can you imagine? The Customer Support representative would just instruct me to reset the modem, try a new modem, change the wires, etc. They wouldn't listen to my diagnostic even though I clearly stated I am an IT professional. They never admitted my copper pair was moved to a DSLAM further, but the increase in ping and decrease in bandwidth clearly demonstrates it. Most of the time, their PBX queues would be full and I would simply be unable to get the line, so I needed to talk to an admin on their community board. He made sure the tickets were escalated. I had my original speeds back, thanks to him.

In the mean time, Bell started offering 12/16/25 mbits ADSL2 and VDSL2 packages. I was extremely eager to benefit from these new speeds, but at the moment I wrote this message (more than 9 months later), it never came to anyone at Acanac.

I decided to cancel my subscription, 9 months in (Feb 2012), and asked for a refund of the unused portion, there would be no way I would pay 41$/month for bad latency throttled 5mbit internet while I could have 30mbits for 49$ a month with a competitor. The customer support refused to take my cancellation request by the phone, I was instructed to send an EMAIL to their billing department. They asked for the reason (which I stated explicitely). I offered them an agreement that would reduce the amount of the refund (compared to the pro-rata basis), since I had paid up-front (calculating a 6 month block and a 3 month block), but they won't reply to me by email since a week. They deliberately dropped my calls 2 times on their PBX system.

This is not drug business and an ISP can't just refuse to refund part of the service just because the money is in its pockets now.

Today, I called to have my cancellation cancelled (therefore have the service restablished), at least I'm going to be able to use what I'm paying for until may.

Save your time, save your money and use another provider.

Comments:

Markitos

@bell.ca

Internet Service

I spent more than 4 hours on the phone with incompetent people trying to connect my MacBook Pro before telling me that my computer was broken and that I should return it (it was brand new). I called a friend and he figured the problem out in five minutes... I was really upset. Expensive, bad services... Bell Canada, not for me.

Acanac Inc

Are these reviews for Bell or Acanac because if they are for Bell this is the wrong board to put them?

I am talking about Acanac

I added a few occurrences of the brand name of Acanac in my original review to make it clearer.

Acanac, Inc.

"They never admitted my copper pair was moved to a DSLAM further"

Because they would not have known that. Our installers are the ones that would know.

Oh please.

When the SNR is 100 times less (logarithmic scale of dB), there is usually something causing it.

Also, there is no such thing as an Acanac Installer. The ones doing the job on the last mile are Bell techs. Of course Bell will make everything to make the reseller's customer life a nightmare if you have to deal with them.

Problem is Acanac won't do anything to help you in that case.

- I can't call Bell myself, since I am not a customer of them
- Acanac won't deal with Bell properly in the interests of their customers.

Where does that leave me? Complaining about how bad my experience was with them on review sites and making sure fellow customers won't get in the same scam I got into.

said by KarboN:

Oh please.

--I never said Acanac does the installs. BELL does our installs for dsl and ROGERS does our installs for our cable.

Problem is Acanac won't do anything to help you in that case.

- I can't call Bell myself, since I am not a customer of them
- Acanac won't deal with Bell properly in the interests of their customers.

-- not sure where you got that idea because if you called tec support for help they would have told you what needs to be done. if instructions are not followed then no problem does not get fixed.

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Please let me refer to a thread I opened on the Acanac community when Bell moved my line to a more distant DSLAM.

»community.acanac.com/acanac/view···&t=20177

That will give you an idea of how the average technical support manages my issues.
Trenton, ON
If you want to pm me with your user information so I have something to pull your account up with i will have a look to see if they have gone through with the cancellation or stopped it. If you have a ticket number i can check that for you also.

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Thanks for your attention.

The cancellation effectively was stopped by some Sales representative called Chris.

I let some of my complaints on the Acanac community forum and Fergless the great admin took care of it and transferred the case to someone called Sonia.

Wait and see.

Re: Acanac, Inc.

If it is in the hands of Sonya it will be taken care of you. She is the head of the billing department and is a wonderful lady.

Review by rkim25 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Seems good in the beginning"
Bad "Cancellation was fine, but still waiting for refund after 4th delays"
Overall "stay away from this company"

I was with Primus, 7Mbps/1Mbps, but I was getting around 1-2Mbps download speed. So I decided to try Acanac.

Since they charged $464.14 on my credit card on Dec 23, I probably signed up for the service around Dec 20, 2011.

User set up was pretty fast. I received all the user info within a few days.

I was supposed to get internet service on Dec 28. Acanac sent me an email for additional info. Although I did reply to the email, I didn’t know that I have to use the web based reply. That caused two days of delay. Activation date was set for Dec 30, 2011. I was hoping to get the service in the morning, but it wasn't ready . So I called Acanac later night, customer rep told me it hasn’t done, yet, and it might be after Jan 3.

Called Jan 4, and I found out the activation was done on Jan 31. It was hard to believe it, but I was glad it was done. However I couldn’t get the solid DLS light on my modem.
After hours of waiting, several phone calls with tech, they told me they have to send Bell technician to check the line. If there is problem on my end, I have to pay for $100, however as I mentioned it before my internet was working fine with Primus before I switched to Acanac.

Due the activation problem I decided to cancel the activation.

Acanac told me they will refund it my credit card. Then they told me they had problem, so they have to issue me a cheque. However whenever I asked for the confirmation for the refund cheque, they gave me more delays. From my last email they told me that it will take another 10 days to issue the refund which I doubted.

So after 4th delays, I decided to call Acanac. But they wouldn’t deal the refund issues over the phone. I can only communicate with billing department by via email. I've sent two emails on Jan 24, and Jan 25 to feedback and billing acanac. I haven't received any replies regarding to my messages.

Stay away from this company.

ps. if you have any tech problem, and don't want to wait for an hour to get thru, just talk to sales, they work as tech as well.

Comments:

guinessAnon

@comporium.net

same old same old

amazing they are still up to these sorts of dealings

I had a year of service with them, cancelled but they charged my card anyways. Argued that I didn't cancel correctly - (I think you have to ride a unicycle while rubbing your tummy and patting your head to to it right); I ended up doing a charge back.

Acanac, Inc.

rkim can you pm me with your user name or email on your account so I can pull up your account to see what is going on with the refund?

EDIT:

Still waiting for information so i can try to help

Jj00

@videotron.ca

worst customer service

I do not know how the guys with such a customer service still in the business. When my internet stopped working I called to Acanac tech support. During working hours their waiting time is over 30minutes and after hours its over one hour. I decided to cancel the service and get another provider so I requested a cancellation. They handle it over email only. So far its been over a week already and I got one reply regarding the cancellation. They were asking me for a reason of cancelling and complete ignorance after it.

KK00

@acanac.net

Re: worst customer service

said by Jj00 :

For you it has to be over e-mai. For me i have to call in and wait hours on hours and they will not e-mail me a confirmation. Agents hangs up on you if you say you will not accept over the phone, you want it in writing.

Worst customer service ever. Worst than Bell or Rogers.

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Billing takes care of cancellations so there is nothing an agent can do in that case over the phone. You need to send an email to billing@acanac.com to ask for a confirmation and they will answer you there.

Review by szuwei See Profile

Bad "Worst everything ever!!!"

FULL OF SHIT!!

THEY OVER CHARGE YOU FOR ANYTHING THEY CAN GET!!

AND THERE'S NO WAY TO GET CONTACT WITH THEM ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY!!

Comments:
Lynn

Acanac,Inc.

If you are having problems pm me with your user ID, email on account or something I can pull up your account to see what has been happening. It is NOT true that there is no way to contact us. There is a support line and a sales line where you can talk to a representative.

Tip365

@rogers.com

Re: Acanac,Inc.

we just paid a year in advance for service - they promnised that Bell will be putting in a dry loop - its been two weeks now and no one seems to be able to tell us whats going on. They keep conveniently "losing" our contact number despite my son repeatedly asking them to update it. Suddenly they are so busy that you have to wait on hold for hours. This is absolutley a disaster. I am contemplating asking for a refund or seeking legal advice.

Tip365

@rogers.com

Hi Lynn,

hope u can help because no one else seem to be able too. We have been waiting on the dry loop for two weeks now. I have been on hold for the past 25 mins allready trying to get someone from the technical support to answer. No luck yet.

Can u help?
Account is in the name of my son [personal information removed for privacy]
Gratefull if u cld provide an update.
thanks

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON

Re: Acanac,Inc.

Tip365 your account information was removed for privacy. If you'd like to pass that along to Lynn you'll need to sign up for an account here »/join and provide that through IM.

Re: Acanac,Inc.

Tip I just got back on and saw this. Please set up an account here and then pm me with your acct name, user id or email on the account. Just need something to pull your account up with.
Glad the mod was here to remove your personal information as we do not want anyone else having access to your account.

Re: Acanac,Inc.

Still waiting for your information so I can help you.

Review by edward80 See Profile

Good "Cheap"
Bad "Everything else"
Overall "They're so bad I would not even recommend Acanac to my worst enemy"

It has now been close to 60 days and the problem is still not fixed.
Acanac is not trying to fix my problem, they just keep putting me in circles.
Spend a few more dollars and go with someone else like Teksavvy that actually cares for their customers.

after the 30 days, I'm down to less than 1mbps down.
A lot of people in my area have the same problem but they refuse to do anything about it.
Email/phone/Lynn aren't helpful at all.
In total I've spend close to 10 hours and have not gotten it resolved yet.

I was with Teksavvy for over 2 years without any problem.
Spend a few extra dollars and avoid this company, you'll thank me.

Comments:
mngo6

join:2011-10-23
Sarnia, ON

Slow speeds with Acanac in the Kenwick Place

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anybody else here is living in the Kenwick Place (Sarnia, Ontario) and what their ISP is etc.

I am currently with Acanac, and I have had no problems with them before. However now in the Kenwick on the 11th floor my 5Mbps connection has become crap down to below 1Mbps 80% of the day. I have called and checked with Acanac and they say I should be able to reach my max speed but I'm wondering if it could be a hardware issue here, like maybe old ass hell lines in the building? Would that cause huge instability in my speeds?

Last Result:
Download Speed: 363 kbps (45.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 417 kbps (52.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Sun Oct 23 2011 21:26:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

like seriously that is some crappy speed :S

Re:Acanac, Inc.

mngo6 how old is your router? If it is not that old then please call our tec support so they can help you. |For you to be getting good speeds and all of a sudden they drop like this there definitely is a problem and tec support will help you. I know you called before but please call them again. Maybe we might need to put a ticket in for someone to come out and check your lines.

Re:Acanac, Inc.

Hi, My DSL internet speed is down to 1.7 Gbs since September 16, They send me new modem - no help. Then Acanac blamed my internal wiring in the house even though it worked fine for years. They send tech and find nothing wrong with my wiring and they not fixed problem on their site too. In total I've spend close to 10 hours on phone with acanac and have not gotten it resolved. They blamed Bell. No responsibility was taken for their system or their actions. Requested full refund from billing - no answer. I will end up joining in a class lawsuit to get my money back, because they wont refund anything.

Re:Acanac, Inc.

Speed issues need to be sent to support@acanac.com so they can help you.

Edward what you don't say here is we have been trying to help you and you were told time and time again it takes 24-48 hours . Instead of waiting the time you open up yet ANOTHER ticket. Like we explained to you we need all the information in one ticket. Every time you open another ticket your name goes to bottom of the pile because they are answered in order they are received. You have not listened to anything we said while trying to help you. Your wires have been checked and there was nothing wrong with them but yet you refuse to believe it can be an older modem/router you are using. A level 2 tec will be working with you and there is nothing more we can do here. in order to get help you have to try to work with us not against us.

Mike they will refund you. i checked your tickets you sent me the numbers for in pm and it is being looked after.

Review by leanne See Profile

• Location: Bowmanville,ON
Bad "Waste of Money"

We had Acanac for internet and Voip for a year, had minor problems, but nothing to cause us to look else where when our pre-paid year was up. One month into our second pre-paid year our Voip stopped working. We have not been able to receive a call. We open up service tickets and within a few days receive an email, ticket closed problem will be fixed within 72 hours. We give them 72 hours and a grace of a few days. Nothing! Open another ticket, response the same.... three months later and numerous tickets opened we still do not having a working phone. We just want a working phone or our money back. I suggest to anyone intersted in Acanac for VOIP - don't! You are better off paying a bit more for a working phone, then paying for a service you don't get!

Comments:
Lynn

Acanac, Inc

Can you pm me here with your user name, email or name on account so I can look your account up and see what happened with the phone?
microcuts

join:2011-12-22
North York, ON

worst customer service ever

My acanac DSL was down on 15 Dec, below is a timeline of what happened till 22 Dec, today...

-called technical support on 15 Dec, scheduled an technician appointment on 16 Dec or 17 Dec, nobody showed up, no phone call received either, I'd been sitting at home for 2 days doing nothing.

-Technician does not work on 18th, Sunday.

-called on 19th, scheduled an appointment on 20th, again, nobody showed up. I was fooled again and wasted a whole day at home.

-called again on 21 Dec, spent two hours on holding until the techical support dept is closed, no answer at all.

-called again on 22 Dec, was told that ealierst appointment is 29 Dec. is anyone going to show up then? I doubt that.

Can you believe it?

-watered three days waiting for them at home while my friends all having fun outside during the holiday season...
-Spent so much time and energy waiting in the damn phone line.....
-two weeks without Internet for a guy sitting in front of computer most of the time...

Their attitude and service are just horrible, lying to customers and fooling customers. I was really pissed off and even think put them in the court.

Re: Acanac inc.

I am not sure what happened with the appointments but I know for a fact we were not closed on the 21st of December. They were open from 9 am to 12 pm. if you would like to pm me with your name on account or email I will check the notes on your account to see what is going on with the technician coming.

Pissed

@tdbank.ca

Re: worst customer service ever

I have had a similar experience.

- I was registered for a 15Mbps line with a Docsis 2.0 modem on a monthly term, but noticed they started charging me for a 24 Mbps connection. I inquired about this and they said they no longer support 15Mbps and it's either 12 or 24. I figured it was a good time to upgrade and asked them the details.
- They said there would be a 50 upgrade cost for the new modem and i'd have to send back my old modem. I agreed.
- Before I ever received the docsis 3.0 modem, my service for 15 Mbps went down on the 16th of December.
- I have opened countless tickets with them and their response time is very slow. Horrible customer service and their giving me bullshit excuses that it's Roger's fault.
- It's the 28th and I'm still without internet.

Re: worst customer service ever

Can you please pm me with your user name, name on account or email on account? Even the ticket numbers would be a big help so I can look up your information to see what is happening.
As far as Rogers goes they are the ones that upgrade the lines to the 24Mbps as they are our installers so sorry but they did not lie to you.

• Location: N2J4G
Good "The offers on their site is good"
Bad "Their customer service quality and support is the WORST"
Overall "I will not recommend them to anyone"

I have been a DSL client of Acanac for 2 years. I called in and spoke to their sale department about changing my DSL service to Cable since my 1 year term was up. The sales person on the phone clearly said that there will be a (DSL) modem refund and I will qualify for the free phone service if I upgrade/sign up for cable service even though I was a DSL client.

After I signed up and activated the cable service, which took 16 business days to activate (their site promises a 7-10 business day refund), and signed up for the phone service online, billing department emailed me that I said that I don't qualify for the phone service and they won't take the DSL modem back. There customer service is the worst. They take the money and take forever to reply to any email. I would not recommend Acanac to anyone. Switching to a different provider.

(review was emailed from domain live.com)

Comments:
Lynn

Acanac, Inc.

I am not sure why the agent told you that. it stated right on the order form "Modem Info :"We are now charging $49.95 Canadian for all DSL modems. We do provide a full refund for the modem if cancellation is made within the 30 day no obligation period. "
It is usually 7-10 days from the time your order is processed but we DO have to wait till Rogers send us the install date and unfortunately there is no way for us to hurry that up.

Connolly57

@ody.ca

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Frankly, with due respect, that is crap rhetoric. Acanac is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. They sent me the wrong modem, never got the service going, after 3 weeks I finally got someone to cancel the account and now they are keeping the activation fee and the modem fee. They don't refund any modem fee, period.

Anyone out there considering Acanac, go elsewhere. They will take your money but NOBODY from accounting/billing will ever talk with you. It's all email based, 4:00 am emails, multiple tickets opened up and the best part is you are supposed to communicate this way with no internet. If you want details, you can PM me and I'll be happy to give you specifics.

I'm gone. I just don't want to see anyone else buy this stuff about good customer service.

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Sorry but not crap but you are entitled to your opinion like anyone else. I am sorry you had problems with the service and I can't speak for billing. They are the ones that make the decisions on refunds.
If you opened multiple tickets right there is one problem. It is supposed to be one ticket and you wait for a answer and then respond so they have all the information on one place.

As far as the customer service goes we have over 1000,00 customers that seem to be quite happy with the service. I am sorry you had problems but with time anything can be solved.
Expand your moderator at work

WatersGoneBy

@bell.ca

said by Lynn:

Thanks for deleting that post, I meant to say:

The intelligence of its staff is probably a good indicator of the overall quality of the company.

And that certain "staff" isn't very bright.

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Well that is a bit harsh but like I said you are entitled to your opinion as well as everyone else. Not sure what staff you are talking about but if it is one of the agents who did not understand, do you have her/his name because it might be just a case of that agent is confused on something and needs a bit of uptraining in that area. It happens as there is alot to keep in your mind when the agents first start. Since you are only an anonymous message board user if you wish to register for the board and send me the name if you remember it i will check notes on your acount.

Honey

@silverstream.com
Acanac is by far the worst service/customer relations/anything and everything I have ever dealt with in my entire life. Absolute incompetence in every aspect.

How can someone work in the tech support department for an ISP and not even know what a gateway is? Subnet mask anyone? Anyone?

At least she was nice and repeatedly called me 'Honey'. /sarcasm

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Well not sure who you were talking to but our tecs are trained in the basic trouble shooting. When you start getting into subnet etc.. you get transferred to second level tecs. I don't work in tec department so I know it is not me your referring to.
Your not going to get tec help on this message board so best thing to do is actually talk to a tec to get your problem solved.

Same advice for you. Since you are only an anonymous message board user if you wish to register for the board and send me the name on your account i will check to see what is being done for you.

Review by slyman25 See Profile

Good "price"
Bad "everything, worst company i have ever see"
Overall "charge of 90$, but i am not a customer for about a year now"

Dec 1 Acanac have charge on my credit card 56.96$ and 29.95$, but i am no longer customer for about a year now.

answer from billing please note that according to our policy the bandwidth is limited for Quebec packages, so you have charged for over usage invoices.

acanac always finds a way to amaze me.

this look like i need to fight again if i want my money back, always crap whit this company

Comments:
Lynn

Acanac.Inc.

Do you remember your user name that was on your account. or please pm me the user name or real name and address on your old account and I will have a look at it.

Review by mike56 See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Bad "Very bad service, never get internet speed you sign for, no money refund"

have been having issues with acanac internet speed for the last 3 months. The speeds have been grossly under par, ranging between 0.8mbs to 1.7mbs. Up until that point, I have been obtaining a steady speed of 3.8-4.8mbs. For the last 6 weeks acanac tech have made me complete line test and filter test multiple times, even after I have notified them that the previous test yielded no results. Yet they persisted, even going as far as asking to purchase new filters, which I did. Now, I knew from the start that this issue was not on my end, as nothing had changed in the setup of my home electronics, computer or any other items for that matter. All problems appear on acanac side. I have internet problems for 3 month and acanac refused money refund for unused month. Very poor customer service, customer service representatives have very basic knowledge. Refused to provide manager contact info. Very long response time.

Never sign with acanac again.

Comments:
Lynn

Acanac, inc.

Sorry Mike you are having these problems. i have contacted all departments about this matter and it is in their hands now. I am sure they will get this matter resolved for you.

Re: Acanac, inc.

Still have no internet, Lunn does not help at all, billing refuse to switch to cable and no refund for DSL, useless acanac billing and support department, useless acanac reps on this forum.

said by mike56:

What do you honestly think as forum rep I can do? I have checked your accounts, I have talked to the departments concerned and have kept up with the tickets you have in. The problems have to be fixed by the departments concerned NOT A FORUM REP. Don't tell me I have not tried to help . I have done everything for you I can. As you stated above billing made it decision.

You can call us useless all you want but anyone with an ounce of sense would realize that as a forum rep all we can do is pass the information on and then it is up to the individual departments to make their decisions. With your job, can you make decisions for other departments? Think about that before you are rude enough again to call people names.

Re: Acanac, inc.

i do not have a phone number for Paul. Please send it to feedback@acanac.com as the owners read those. The messages were passed on as requested. As forum rep I can not contact Bell.

Re: Acanac, inc.

What is wrong with you Lunn? did I ask you for Paul private phone number? I ask you for his business email and/or contact number. I told you before many times that I already contact your feedback@acanac.com 2 month ago - no feedback and support@acanac.com - no help, SO READ MY MESSAGESS CAREFULLY, IT IS YOU JOB.

Re: Acanac, inc.

sorry for the confusion but I do not have a number for Paul that you can call..

2 edits
You said"I honestly think that you can do much more to me - your customer, for examle I ask you and support dep. to provide manager and owner email or contact number, you and support refuse - why?, could you inform Paul about my issue and about 3 options that I offered to resolwe it and let me know. Also if you think that Bell throttling acanac customers so why you did not contact Bell so far and why you did not send complaint to CRTC, CCTC? I have filling that i just wasting my time with you. "

His email is for work purposes only, not to give out to the public. I have passed the message on for you. I honestly do not have his phone number where he can be reached.
I can not contact Bell as a forum rep. That has to be done by second level tec so you need to call our support line to talk to one.
Why did I not contact CRTC you asked ? Why would I do that? If you want to make a complaint you need to do that yourself. Mike if there was anything else i could do to help you I would be doing it.
Expand your moderator at work

unhappy cust

@uottawa.ca
I wrote to feedback sometime last week and still have not received a response. Not only that, our internet service has not been working for over a week and tech support never has an answer to the problem or a potential solution that shows they are attempting to solve the problem.

Re: Acanac, inc.

unhappy cust can you pm me privately and send me name or user name on your account and I will look to see what i can help with.

Review by kiwibri See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "cheaper compared to competition, no caps"
Bad "Cable is on Rogers and upload speed slow. DSL seems better. Support is one of the worst I have had to deal with."
Overall "If you are a tech person, and have a lot of patience, this maybe the one for you. But for average Joe/Jane do not bother - suppo"

Came from BELL to Acanac. Had the service for nearly 2 years. Only called support once or twice, and found that they are not available on the phone in the weekends. Have to submit a ticket via email. Can be a pain if Your Internet is down!

DSL speeds are fine, upload speed is good. Backbone is the BELL network. Recently looked to change to cable. Cable speed very fluctuating. 25/7 MB line shows good DL speed on Speedtest (25+ Dowload) but poor upload (.4MB down)
Real world use - DLing from a known FTP server was faster on my DSL 6mb line compared to DLing the same file on the 25MB line.

Also, customer service is very poor. I decided to cancel the Cable and eat the cost of the modem/connection fee. I also have decided t cancel DSL as I need better upload speed (hence the reason to look at Cable) and pay more from another provider.

Bottom line: Unless you have a good amount of patience (and I am a patient guy!!) dont bother with Acanac. I would not recommend them to a Non technical person.

Comments:
Lynn

Acanac, Inc.

I am sorry to hear you had troubles with this.

Fergless
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

25/7 ?

quote:
There is no 25/7 but there is 24Mbps/1000Kps, maybe that's the problem with that.
Fergless - Acanac Inc.
kiwibri

join:2011-10-26
Canada

25/7

Sorry, my mistake. I meant 24/1. I guess I still had the Bell advertisement in my head from reading the website.