Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by freakatola See Profile

• Location: Canada
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "The price was right..."
Bad "Price increases without warning, Bill first ask questions later... if you can get a hold of them."
Overall "Not worth the headache. "

*** IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SKIM OVER THE "INSTALL" REVIEWS AND FOCUS ON ANY REVIEWS THAT DEAL WITH HAVING TO CALL SUPPORT, OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, OR BILLING. SINCE ALL THIS COMPANY HAS TO DO FOR AN INSTALL IS SHIP YOU A MODEM, AND DISPATCH ANOTHER COMPANY TO DO THE ACTUAL INSTALL AND SETUP (sure problems can arise there, but that's just bad communication between this company and the installers.. just like their bad communication with customers) ***

Loyal customer for 3 years, knowing ahead of time that they lacked physical bodies to offer reasonable support. My Fault for signing up. I paid for a service, and had very few outages.

When they most recently renewed my contract (Bill first, then send invoice), the price had increased 14.5% for a full year term (+$13/mo +tax). I probably would have been okay with the change had I gotten some warning. However, there is no warning, and they preach about how it's covered in user agreement that they can change the price at any time for any reason, without notification. Again... My Fault for signing up.

Where things became unacceptable for me, is that in order to discuss my bill, I called their main contact line, and which point you are advised that "For accuracy" you can only discuss your billing by e-mail. Now in most cases, there is a reasonable turn around of about 24-48 hours.

It took 8 days to get a response which gave me a contact number for their billing department. Why not just allow people to call your billing department in the first place?! All people want is the ability to have their concerns heard.

Their sales department is reachable almost immediately, but after the initial sale, you're up a creek without a paddle. They are very difficult to reach and their forum moderators spend all of their time making excuses for the company's shortcomings, and pointing the finger in every other direction. Take responsibility for your shortcomings, and improve on them. The same issues were prevalent before I signed up, and they are still carrying on now that I have cancelled.

Consider yourselves warned, don't make the same mistakes I did, this company is awful to deal with.

Comments:

Fergless

Billing ??

quote:
Where did the moderator(S) do that. ?

I saw customers replying to your topic.

Re: Billing ??

Base on my browsing of multiple posts, there is a theme of "It's a busy time of year"
Most of my posts were deleted because they weren't glowing reviews.

Re: Billing ??

I have the same problem. I just noticed my bill went up also. So frustrating and so shady. I'm so sick of emails and their Sales department (which is the only humans i can speak to wont speak to billing issues). You wouldn't happen to have that billing number available??

said by LeTimmy:

Check your PMs, I suspect Fergless might cause a stink to have it removed.

Re: Billing ??

Hah, and now I am banned from Acanac forums. Paying customer, who has done nothing wrong other than expect the slightest bit of customer service. Nice to see the maturity level from the moderators, looks good on you Fergless! Goes to show that Acanac is a joke from top to bottom.

Re: Billing ??

It's specifically written in the forum rules not to post personal Acanac information etc.

I did leave a link to it in one of your topics.

Re: Billing ??

That was a business number, not personal information.
said by Fergless:

I did leave a link to it in one of your topics.

said by freakatola:

There is absolutely no need for personal attacks, I have been cordial with you.

Re: Billing ??

Cordial... by banning me? for posting a business number. This "Acanac can do no wrong" thing that you're doing is just ridiculous.
Just like your billing policy of Bill first, Invoice later; this Ban first, make excuses later is just as silly.

quote:
Most of my posts were deleted because they weren't glowing reviews.

Not entirely true.
You have 2 topics on the go.
Here »community.acanac.com/acanac/view···79cad4fa

And here »community.acanac.com/acanac/view···&start=0

Check it out !!

Canada
My apologies, they were moved from relevant discussion boards, to irrelevant general discussion boards, and edited to remove any information that might actually help other customers.

Re: Billing ??

I'm pretty sure you know why your post had something edited out.

It would actually be counter productive for customers, as it would slow billing down.
You do realize all billing inquiries are done by email so there will be no mistake what transpires. If billing needs a customer to call them they will ask the customer to call them at the appropriate #

Re: Billing ??

Well if the e-mail system worked, it wouldn't be a problem. You are dealing with real people and real money! The Billing department needs to stop hiding behind an e-mail system. Every other company in the world operates just fine over the phone. If customers want a confirmation of the work done, then it can be e-mailed to them at that point so that it is in writing.

I appreciate your desire to defend the company you work for, it truly shows a great work ethic on your part and is to be desired by an employer. It's just too bad it isn't a competent company, one that understands what actual customer service is.

Re: Billing ??

My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for your help.. This is how silly it is. You were the biggest help and you are a customer.

If anyone wants to stop fooling around with their useless email ticket system for billing issues then feel free to contact me and will gladly provide a phone number in their billing department where you can actually speak to a human. Alternatively I will be posting in my review to save current ACANAC customers from the torment ive been through in resolving billing issues.

quote:
You mean the torment being they would not waive the moving fee.

Re: Billing ??

I couldnt care less about the move fee. It's not my problem you don't want my business. It's the crappy customer service. You guys don't even have the decency to respond to emails. I get you work for them but your company just blows and how funny everyone's experience is the same. If I didn't get your billing number from a fellow dslreport's member and very unhappy Acanac loyal customer I would probably be still sitting here waiting. By the way if anyone wants their direct BILLING number it's 1-866-355-4326
bollywood

join:2014-09-23
Guelph, ON

Re: Billing ??

I completely agree with Tim. Not waving a fee is one thing and not co-operationg with customers, holding them hostages when they try to cancel their services by not releasing their modems, not sending cancellation requests as promised etc. is horrible. Hope you know what I am talking about Fergless. My issues are STILL not resolved and You are the one who sent "long notes" to cable manager for me couple weeks ago.

Edit: Thanks for your efforts Fergless. No offence to You.

Review by ilovenet See Profile

Good "It works"
Bad "Horrible customer service"
Overall "Not worth it to save $"

Horrible customer service experience canceling Acanac

Timeline

- Received my usual monthly invoice and discover that my internet has been increased 25% without any notice to me. Contacted billing and the response was “as of August 12, 2014, the rate for the cable 35 mbps has increased to $62.95 plus tax, based on the monthly term”.

- Aug. 27th: submitted a ticket requesting my service be canceled and submitted my contact and last 4 credit card #s as requested. I requested confirmation of cancellation and the date of termination of service.

- Sept. 10th: No response, so I call support and ask to have the issue escalated. I’m told that I will be contacted within 24 hours.

- Sept. 15th: Still no response. I open another ticket informing them of my cancellation request and quoting previous ticket.

- Sept. 23rd: I received confirmation of the closure of my account.

Of course, as I anticipated, my cable modem has not been released by Acanac. This doesn't affect me since I am renting another modem from my new internet provider. I’d like to sell the modem, so I would like to get that done at some point. I will update this thread to see how long that takes!

TL;DR: It takes about a month to cancel your Acanac intertnet and you can’t reach the billing department by phone. They will ignore you and won’t release your cable modem.

Sept. 23rd: Submitted ticket to Acanac requesting my cable modem be released

Comments:
LeTimmy

join:2013-04-16

Here's the number they don't want you to have. Billing

1-866-355-4326

Review by LeTimmy See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Speeds as advertised"
Bad "Customer Service / They WILL increase your bill without notice."
Overall "Keep Away!!!!!! Better hope that you don't have issues. Trying to get issues resolved is frustrating beyond belief. "

I'll just post my support ticket in hopes that someone from Acanac reads it ONE day. Apparently, they don't feel the need to respond. Going on 8 days without a response. Follow up calls to customer service are useless. They just keep telling you to email your concerns but that they do see an open ticket. Great Help.

They want to charge $100.00 to move service to new address which is downright absurd IMHO. They also increased my bill $11/month without any notice. No email, nothing! Unfortunately i noticed it 3 months too late. When questioned they tell you to read your user agreement. I will be issuing a chargeback with my credit card company.

This company is so disconnected. Customer Service is atrocious. They push you to email your questions to certain departments. Only way to speak to humans there is to get directed to Sales even if its not a Sales issue.

Ticket Information:
Ticket ID: BCP-43559

Posted on 04 Sep 2014 03:39 PM

I'm trying to move this account to an address that i will be moving to Oct
1st, 2014

I'm being told that their is a fee of $100.00 to change addresses.

This doesn't make sense to me at all. I've purchased a modem from you.
The address I'm moving to is already setup with Rogers(which services your
accounts).

I need this fee waived if you want me to continue as a customer. If this
is something you cannot do then terminate my account effective September
30th, 2014.

Posted on 10 Sep 2014 12:28 PM

I haven't received a reply to my ticket from 6 days ago. Please let me know one way or the other so I can plan accordingly.

Tim

Comments:

Fergless

Moving Fee (Cable)

I doubt they will waive the moving fee, it's a standard fee for all cable moves.

Re: Moving Fee (Cable)

It's a cash grab. No Rogers tech has to visit the home to establish service since its currently active with Rogers and will be active when I move into the home. Also, it's more expensive than cancelling my service and reactivating it. Activation Fee is $49.95. How in the world can they justify a $100.00 moving fee when all they are doing is coordinating a service switch with Rogers.

I'm fine with them not waiving the fee. That's their prerogative. I will gladly take my business elsewhere. I'm not fine with them going on 9 days now without the courtesy of a response however this is consistent with the experience i've had with Acanac since the beginning. The hoops i had to jump through to get service established in the first place was mind boggling. A total nightmare.

Having lived in the U.S for many years i know what its like to be with an internet carrier that provides a GOOD customer experience and does everything possible to retain their customers. Unfortunately here in Canada we are so limited in carrier options and essentially forced into picking the best of the worst. The American companies will be here one day and it's unfortunate that my business won't likely be with a Canadian company.

Acanac is really really good at providing POOR customer service. It's not the experience i expect as a paying customer.

Re: Moving Fee (Cable)

UPDATE:

I finally received a reply from Acanac!!! 11 days, 2 emails and 3 phone calls later.

Hello

We do apologize for any inconvenience, However we are unable to waive the move fee. This fee is charged by the carrier because 2 technicians are required to process a move, One technician to disconnect at previous location and another to connect at your new location.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed.

If you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Colin
Customer Relations

Colin:

Rogers is already established and will remain active at(until i change providers) at the home I'm moving to.. This is simply coordinating a service switch. Secondly, you wouldn't charge me for cancelling my account so what does it matter if Rogers has to disconnect at current home. You have a setup fee of $49.95 and yet you are trying to charge me $100.00. What doesn't seem right here???? So i can cancel my service and setup up new service at my new home for $49.95 but to move account service to the new home its $100.00. What doesn't seem right here???

I don't care who has to do what. Rogers is not to blame here. Acanac is.

It's very simply this. You pay Rogers for whatever charges there are and you don't bill me for it.

I'll give you an example of how easy this is. If you look at my account from the beginning. I was credited for 3 months of service because of the INSANE experience i had getting my internet established in the first place. I was given 3 months or so of FREE service from an ACANAC manager. You still had to pay Rogers for that service I was getting. Easy. You pay Rogers. You don't bill me.

Those are the kind of things you do to retain customers. Saying that, the easiest of things seem to be very difficult for Acanac.

It took 11 days and 3 phone calls for me to get a response only to try to pass the blame to Rogers.

Do not renew my service for next month. I believe my next billing period is Oct 3rd. To be clear. Last day of active service will be Oct. 3rd.

IISP's

It's a bit of a nightmare for IISP's in Canada, we don't have that much control over the carriers even if we are their customers so to speak. It must be so much better in the US.

Good luck with your next ISP

Re: IISP's

There seems to be a common theme of trying to pass the buck to Rogers. This is purely an Acanac issue(in this case anyways).

Re: IISP's

It is not unique to Acanac at all. Check out some of the other IISP's with same issues.

Re: IISP's

I'm not sure you know what the issue is. The issue is Acanac providing pitiful customer service and delving in shady business practices.

Once again I'm waiting 5 days for a response to my request to cancel service. Before that it was 11 days, 2 emails and 3 phone calls to address a $100 moving service fee.

The customer service this company provides is a joke. My time is important to me. I don't want to be sitting here all day emailing with follow up calls for the easiest of tasks.

Oh and top of that I just found out they increased my bill in August $11.00/month without any notice whatsoever. Do you think that is standard practice to increase customers monthly rate without letting them know? I didn't consent to any increase. If I was notified i could of a made an informed decision whether to continue my service with Acanac or not. For a service that is prepaid, its an extremely shady practice to increase rates and tell them after the fact. I will be making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Ontario.

These are the issues Fergless and these are Acanac issues.

quote:
These are the issues Fergless and these are Acanac issues.

Well due to the backlog of tickets to the carriers also puts Acanac at a disadvantage with many many tickets generated to the billing department. That's what I was getting at.
Also the price increase has also created a burden on them.

None of us on the forum were told there would be increases until after they showed up on the main site.

Billing should have handled it differently, the way I see it.

Re: IISP's

Just want to add as customers may be unaware, I can help with almost everything else except billing. Something simple in billing, no problem I can do that.

Cheers

ACANAC's SECRET NUMBER - You actually get to speak to humans

8 6 6-355-4326

Review by van84 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Bad "Customer support and service after sell is really poor"
Overall "Read this review and you will understand."

hello guys,

I am new here but I would like to share my experiences with you at Acanac.

I am with Acanac for around 5 years now. I am been a loyal customer and I brought in some peoples and I was about to bring my uncle soon. however I guess this will probably not happen anymore.

****** My experience ******

I contacted Sale department 4 weeks ago to upgrade from ADSL to VDSL.

The reason of my upgrade was I need a better upload speed due of my work.

I called sale department and they said I should be able to have a upload speed up to 26MBIT. I decide to buy the package 25 down / 10 up.

When the modem arrived, I got a speed upload up to 3 MBIT.

Called support tech a bunches of time, no one was able to help me out.

The internet suddently went down for 2 weeks. No one was able to help me out. They sent Bell to my house (total 2.5 weeks)
Bell determine the new VDSL modem is the issue. Called Acanac, they said they will ship a new modem again (take 4 days before I receive it).

I decided to call billing department to ask to change to cable (no reply for 7 days)
I finally get the billing departement phone number. I decided to cancel everything.
Billing department representative asked me to send another email to billing@acanac.com. (You see the loop right?)

Sent another email to billing@acanac.com, no reply.

I called again yesterday, and the representative said they cannot cancel my account. Need to call between 9 to 13.
I decided to call again billing today to try again. They said: it passed the 30 days trial, I have to keep the modem (that I received 4 days ago because the old one was broken).

Is that a joke?

My problem is still not resolved yet. I am tired.

****** Some notes ********

- When I joined the Acanac, the modem was rental. It became a "BUY" modem without warning. I have to keep the modem when upgrading from ADSL to VDSL. Cannot have the 50$ rental money at the beginning.
- When you call support, they hang up on you when queue more than 1 hour.
- the email for billing department take more than 48 hours to reply and sometime they are not replying at all.
- Sale department promised you a certain speed but you may not get it.
- they do not read complains nor feedback emails.
- When upgrade to VDSL, they forced you to buy a 60$ worth modem for 99$, that is fine, but they are not wanting to refund it if you cancel the service after a couple of days of usage.
- The 30 days trial on the new service start when they shipped the modem and not when you have internet activated.
- I think they are pushing back the ticket to go over 30 days so you won't get the refund for the modem or service. That's the reason they do not want to reply to my tickets.

I don't care to not having the full refund, I am ready to get the partial refund for the months that I do not use. But how come I am not be able to have a refund for a BRAND NEW MODEM that I just received it? It won`t possible to resell this modem on my own. Waste of time and price will never be 99$+tax.

Comments:

Review by holyspirit See Profile

• Location: York,ON
Bad "I am totally invaded by malaware with them coming from their sister company"
Overall "the people need to re own the internet and get back their screens"

·WIND Mobile
I am extremely disappointed with ACANAC since i found out after a long period of problems with malaware on 2 computers (or harassing pop ups) that the problem was deeper.

After
investigation and testing i found that my problems are all related to acanac since i do not have problems when i am at best buy nor coffee shops but just at home with ACANAC!

I ONLY HAVE EXTREME problems when connected with ACANAC., internet provider and have tried everything and spent a whole afternoon with apple and 6 hours with it help to get rid of my extreme malaware issues but in vain.

No one seems to understand this very unfortunate situation but perhaps no one is still aware yet of this form on internet corruption.

i have proof that acanac is sending me malaware and I found out through trying to fixing it.
ACANAC has caused me extreme hardship in terms of time management
and financial problems having to buy other computer etc I paid for computers and internet services of which is not functional.
This is ridiculous that we can no longer be productive with computer we buy and in our own home???

HISTORY

FIRST COMPUTER PROBLEMS
I had i noticed my older asus computer was acting strangely but was not sure why while I was paying acanac for internet services.
Finally after trying to get rid of all malaware with spypot. abusive pop ups still popped up right after we finished! intruded in my computer until finally my computer was completly frozen with popup and with a note saying to call this number which ended up in INDIA. I have taken pic of it. and have called the company (who pretends they are an it company .)

My first computer is useless now and i have to recover data!

2nd COMPUTER PROBLEMS

after a long months of problems with my extreme malaware issues on first computer which now is shut down with malaware pop up that took over my screen and I decided to buy an IPAD because i was told there were no viruses

However ipad came right away infested with malaware as soon as i USED IT (of sexual and games ) ( and 10% of the time it goes in the App Store!!)

i am simply linking or doing simple work and with no downloading and whatever i have done in the past with ease etc. I am mature and do not do funny stuff on computer so i use computer normally.

Even after reseting ipad malawares and 7 hours
the malaware/disgusting harassing ads came back they came back on both computers. So obviously these are not viruses. (and the situation is worse with safari!)! so it seems.
Because i am not an expert but i see safari is not an intelligent browser and consumer friendly! Where is the consumer in all this and why are we paying computer when we receive abusive ads on our screens?

Now after my 2nd computer i have still no peace and no productivity

LISTEN TO THIS YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT!

as we cleaned up the malaware from my first computer and we thought we solved it all
then came another malaware right away from a company in mississauga called canaca
HOW DID THEY KNOW?

and this company sending malaware is at the same address as acanac!!!!!

acanac is sending me malaware from another company of their own through a another company name but they OWN and are at the same office!

both companies
acanac and canaca are on same address on DUndas st in mississauga Both are tech companies but the latter is a server company or they allege.
when I checked canaca, also to my surprise had my isp address???
Isn't that a coiincidence that they know me and my isp address?

Why can 't you do a good job focusing on providing a good service to people instead of wasting my precious time.

IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTANDS THIS
tHIS IS TOTALLY MALICIOUS WORK

please be warned acanac is not just an internet provider
but an ab user of your computer to send malaware through another company they own. OR IS simply not protecting their users. I have called acanac again today and they said to get 3 party software!
I am getting rid of acanac since obviously they are up to no good.

I AM SEEKING A MORE SECURE AND ETHICAL INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER WHO WILL NOT BE TOO EXPENSIVE __ I KNOW I WANT PEACE AND PRODUCTIVITY BUT HEH HOW ABOUT PRICE?

DO KNOW WHOM?

Comments:

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21

I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

Definitely a new one in the tin-foil hat category for me!

Montreal, QC

Re: I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

I've had 99 problems with acanac but malaware 'ain't' one!
Neil K

join:2014-05-07
Canada

Re: I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

But doesn't the 99 problems with the company, by itself, speak volumes ?
Neil K

join:2014-05-07
Canada
LOL.....perhaps tinfoil also for when ACANAC also shuts down somebody's recently paid for 3 , 6, or 12 month service , while simultaneously and aggressively peddling $100 B-HELL ''repair'' services, Redneckcowboy?

Do the Bell ''repair' guys optionally cook, clean, or tapdance, in lieu of actual repairs, Rednekcowboy?

At this point, given that ACANAC readily refunds for these ''problems'' it

seems to create on its own ( as good an admission of guilt if ever there was one ) , I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them.

Did you say you're a satisfied ACANAC customer, Rednekcowboy ?
Expand your moderator at work
chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB
·ELECTRONICBOX
·WIND Mobile

and malware isnt your problem how?

malware is the end user's responsibility, Acanac has NO ACCESS to the users computer

If you are one of those people who like to try and stream anything (grey market stuff usually) from the internet or download torrents from non private trackers, then yes, you will get malware

Review by johnpower8 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Nothing to say"
Bad "Where to start, Bad speed, Bad service, Bad support"
Overall "Learn from people who already made the mistakes"

·gemstelecom
After having a year of bad service just switched to another ISP, got 10MB speed and never got better then 6mb Network is over loaded or over crowded, support people are in hurry to hangup,

Comments:

Fergless
Toronto, ON

Sorry to hear you had problems.

Hi

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Do you have a ticket # referencing your problems?

TY

Review by donkey See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "none"
Bad "people that reply to email tickets are morons, change contract rules"
Overall "I am out 80 bucks due to them changing agreements."

What I agreed to:

$39.95 x 12 %5gst, then on top of it % 9.5qst = $551.19

What I got charged: (after cancelling their internet 6 months in)

$49.95 x 6 %5gst, then on top of it % 9.5qst = $344.58

I was refunded the difference. ($206.61)

Cancel in the first month otherwise you're at their mercy,

So in retrospect, don't pay for a years service with this company, becuse they will screw you out of your hard earned money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACA CRAP has just SCREWED me out of near 80 bucks!!! Their money back guarantee if you cancel IS A LIE. Don't EVER sign up for a year with this company, unless you want to be SCREWED like they did to me.

I changed independent ISP companies. This costed $50. This said install includes a BELL tech to hook me up to a remote. I was already connected to a remote, It's a crappy lucent/stinger, but what can I do about that, nothing..

Then a second tech (TELECON tech) should have come here, and isolate my existing telephone wiring from the DSL line via POTS splitter, but his job was done way before he had to come here, due to I have one installed from a previous upgrade.

Install date, and a day I took off:

BELL left my line card on a default ADSL1 default profile of 3/.6. Guy in charge, all he had to do was slam his face on the left of the keyboard for 26/11 profile, smash on the middle for 15/1 or on the right for 5/.8. Yeah, it was that simple in simple terms. BELL didn't do anything.

TELECON didn't bother to show up.

BOTH marked the job as COMPLETED, go figure.

$50 never spent, o wait I did, I spent it for something resembling to happen above. Nice racket BELL.

So I am out $50 plus GST and on top of that QST for nothing ever happening. Look below, there's nothing anyone in charge can do about it either, apparently.

So give me the POTS splitter I paid for!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

I was convinced the people that were answering my email aka site tickets were in Pakistan. Pathetic attempts at English and generic responses to my rather direct questions. Acanac claimed they don't out source, so I guess Mehdi.M el al are located in Canada.

Incompetent idiots answer your emails/messages, and it takes them 3 to 4 days to even answer.

I was better off calling and waiting on hold for 30 minutes, to talk to the only person answering calls to get my line card replaced.

The actual BTS guy that fixed my line card called me, and in Quebec, he spoke to me in English, props to that guy, meme si je suis capable de lui parler en francais.

Bell left me a message on my machine to rate the service of their tech, but I don't wanna send a letter to rate him.

Bottom line, if your dsl is stable then acanac is great, if your dsl is crap, don't bother, they employ idiots to answer your email messages, call and hope there isn't a waiting period.

It has been working good, random dsl disconnections for what ever reason, once a night I guess.

Comments:
Moradian

join:2014-02-14
·Acanac

They should be closed down - no questions asked.

My son bought me DSL last April as Mother's Day Gift little knowing he was buying me a year of stress and heartache. Since April not a single full month of internet. Tops 10-15 days. I did not have internet before Christmas until mid January. Then for 10-15 days and was gone. In the month of February I have had internet so far just for 2-3 days. I have sent them emails every single day. Their CSRs are idiots and morons is an understatement of the century. Every time I send a complaint first thing we cannot find your account. Then I have to send all the registration papers and then it clues it. Then again, someone sitting somewhere I am sure on a bus in India or Pakistan tells me to go and plus this in and plug that out and check the line. If I am going to do the heavy lifting, what the hell is he getting paid for. As I said I have written to CTV to investigate and have finally gotten BBB involved to get me a full refund. If you want to buy yourself truckloads of stress, pay Acanac and they will keep you occupied all year round - every second.

Montreal, QC

Re: They should be closed down - no questions asked.

Let me know how it works out for you, I can send you my email conversations with Acanac, mind you after a while I was frustrated and you can tell in my replies lol.

Support etc.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Thank you.

Re: Support etc.

All my problems stemmed from BELL not doing their job and then TELECON never showing up. My line card was reset to ADSL1 3 meg down, .6 up when it should have been VDSL2 26/11 (I'm on a stinger).

Trying to get this simple issue resolved resulted in people responding to my emails with broken English and next to useless replies.

Then my line card died, not Acanac's fault, but the people that responded to my emails and phone calls are uneducated in the BELL practices of not being able to hit me with a DMC charge see: »www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2012/2012-83.htm

Bell didn't do their job installing me a proper demarc, but hey it's win win for me, they can't threaten me with DMC charges! Nor did they set my profile correctly.

Bottom line, improve your scripts the people that answer email/tickets are given, possibly offer English classes. La prochaine fois je vais ultilizer Francais, pour voir si les Francophones sont inutile comme les Anglais que vous emploi.

Let me know, I can copy/paste my questions and Acanac's answers so you can see first hand, and everyone else can too, how frustrating the answers/solutions are.

Re: Support etc.

If I remember correctly I got your Upstream raised and you were good with that. Other than that I'm unaware you are still having issues.

For the invoice problem I can not help you with that you will need to take that up with billing.

Have a great weekend

Customer complaints: complaints@acanac.com
Customer feedback: feedback@acanac.com

Re: Support etc.

"Now onto the TELECON no show, I was worried that because they never came, I possibly would be disconnected due to that fact, but apparently they marked the job as DONE. That installation/activation fee includes a fancy POTS SPLITTER that I was not given, and which I feel I am owed on principal.
"

Good ol' Acanac, you addressed the first issue and then ignored the second, and if it was you whom directly addressed my upload problem, then "your" welcome.

I paid $50 for a fail install, bell didn't do their job and neither did TELECON.

I spent over 2 weeks dealing with a default line card set to 3 down, ,6 up and the people I emailed couldn't comprehend that simple fact where it should be their job to know.

Meh bell changed me to a new port in their stinger and my internet/land line works again.

You owe me a pots splitter, I paid for it.

·Acanac
A week with no replies, expect this with Acanac support, dust it under the rug kind of attitude.

I will copy/paste the dealings I have with their email/ticket support, and I apologize in advanced if I come off as a jerk, but at the time I was at my whits end.

p.s. give me the pots splitter TELECON didn't give me, nor did they show up, nor did they do their job and simply marked the job as complete. I paid for it.

Ticket # ?

2 edits

Re: Support etc.

Bell didn't do their job, I was already connected to this crappy stinger. Bell couldn't even be bothered to change my line card profile from adsl1 3/.8 to vdsl2 26/11.

Telecon didn't bother to show up, or do anything. All they had to do was show up, on the day I took off, I would have shown them my fancy pots splitter already installed, he would have just had to handed me my complimentary pots splitter.

Both marked the job as complete.

I DEMAND my $50 back due to nobody doing what I paid for in the first place.

WOW, I just checked my generic acanac email to get the login to post it here, and I have 2 dirty porno spam messages to a user that isn't me. Strong spam filters Acanac.
I have NEVER used this email address.

Here's a ticket # GOW-12915

I saved the other ones, I can post them so that all can see the people responding to my email/tickets are inept.

Thank you and have a good night.

·Acanac
Oh and for what ever reason, I was resent my first invoice out of the blue. I replied that if my credit card was charged a second time, I would contest it.

This was my reply:

"This better be a mistake, because there is no reason for this, and a) I in
writing told you that you no longer have my consent to access my credit
card b) I will contest this charge with my credit card company."

Guess what the response was?

"Dear Valued Client,

May we ask why you are wishing to cancel your Acanac service?

Please let us know so that we can see if any of our specialists can help resolve any issues you may be having.

Please write back soon so that if you do decide to stay with us I can make the changes to your account in time.

Best Regards"

lol I have plenty of examples to show if anyone one want to see how incompetent the people that answer email/help tickets are.

Posted on 07 Feb 2014 06:24 PM my last reply to the above

Posted on 03 Mar 2014 04:42 PM the date I received a response

Re: Support etc.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do, this is not something I can help you with.

Re: Support etc.

refund me $50 plus gst/qst for the install that never happened?

send me a pots splitter, that if you can't refund me the install fee, that I paid for, and never received?

Re: Support etc.

I can't do either donkey, you would need to go through support or billing.

Re: Support etc.

Does Mehdi.M work for either of those departments? I just ask because I'd rather smash my head against the wall other than deal with that guy ever again.

Re: Support etc.

I'm sure I am not the first to get screwed by bell/telecon, however I would like it to stop. I hope people educate themselves on what's supposed to happen during an install, and in my case, where nothing was done, to scream and yell.

$50 plus gst/qst for nothing to happen or be done, GO BELL GO. And to top it off, I have to call up.

I'll give Acanac this, last time I called, the guy that got my last bell repair ticket fixed was awesome, very professional and understanding.

I didn't get his name, otherwise I'd say it here.

Re: Support etc.

So you have no Demarc if I remember correctly, and now no POTS splitter. Not passing the buck but have you called Bell about it.

I think I know who the tech was for the Bell ticket, I can ask him to check with you.

Re: Support etc.

My demarc is an old antiquated one with no test jack, and I like it, bell cannot charge me diagnostic fees . I have a pots splitter from when I upgraded my 5/.8 to 15/1.

So all telecon had to do was hand me a second pots splitter that was paid for under the $50 installation fee.

All bell had to do was update my profile, aka tap a few buttons on their computer, but didn't.

Re: Support etc.

All I can suggest for both of your topics:
»Review of Acanac by donkey
»Support etc..

Is to email complaints@acanac.com they may be able to help you.

dummies

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 10:15 PM
Hello,

Your telephone provider has informed us that you have a product on your telephone that is incompatible with DSL services. Can you please contact your telephone provider to have this product removed. Once this is completed, please email or call our technical support department with the date this product will be removed. Once this has been completed, we can restart the activation process for your DSL internet.

If the product is unable to be removed, we may still be able to install services on a dryloop. A dryloop costs an additional $8 plus taxes per month and requires a technician install. If you require a dryloop please email us back or reach our tech support line @ 1-866-281-3538 Ext 4

Posted on 17 Dec 2013 12:36 AM
are you stupid?

I won't have a "product" on my line by the 20th, you know the date I want this to be installed.

You know, the date I asked and agreed to have this done.

Either make this happen on the 20th or refund my money, I am sick and tired of this inept show of ineptness.

If only you read the notes, I asked for an install date after you tried to log it with bell, and yet you just did it again.

I am growing weary of this company and their ways, God forbid I actually have a serious problem, I will be screwed.

I am eating bacon while I typed this, does that make you mad?

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 12:26 AM
1. When does my 12 term start

2. Give me the default modem firmware/config (helpful tip: DEFAULT does NOT sync on a stinger remote, but I guess you don't know what that is.

3. DEMAND bell fix my 3MBit pathetic internet, all they have to do is update my profile in lantern (p.s. this better be the start date of my 12 month subscription.

Invoice telecon for me, $100 for wasting 8 hours of my time yesterday.

It is now Monday, get bell to fix my line profile! I guess not Tuesday or Wednesday because they are new years eve and new years, how ever if this is not solved by Thursday, I will DEMAND a full refund (minus the modem costs of course).

I am fed up, with dealing with card reading third world support that don't bother to answer my multiple questions and simply copy/paste the third item they're supposed to from their card.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 09:19 AM
Hello,

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

We forwarded your cancellation request to “30 Days Money Back” department. We'll update you as soon as my colleagues confirm your request. Please wait, thanks.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:24 AM
I threatened to cancel, I didn't ask to cancel, moron.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:28 AM
Hello,

We need to wait for the confirmation of my colleagues in "30 days" department. Please kindly wait.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:33 AM

I threatened to cancel, I didn't ask to cancel, moron(s).

Posted on 01 Jan 2014 12:25 AM
Hi,

Please note that we need our manager's confirmation for any further action. Please kindly wait till we receive his response.
Acanac Inc.

^^^ last I heard from this ticket.

strong spam filters

I have NEVER used this default email address and look:

They are not even directly addressed to my email, but somewhat similar addresses.

Re: strong spam filters

So six months in, I have decided to cancel my service with this crappy company.

12 month term at $39.99 a month paid in full.

Their reply is that they will charge me $49.99 x 6 months plus taxes and will send me the difference.

So a fair warning to anyone that decides they are going to pay a year in advance with this untrustworthy company. They have your money, too bad so sad!

$39.99 x 12 (what I agreed with)
$479.88 (total)
$551.74 (with gst, then qst on top of that)

They want to refund me with charging me 6 x $49.95
That's:
$49.95 x 6 = $299.70
With taxes - $344.58 (5% and then %9.5 on top of GST)

So ACANCRAP just changed their full money refund guarantee that I read and agreed to when I signed up.

Garbage support, garbage internet, garbage company and now since they have the knife in my stomach, they're twisting it so I remember my 6 months of hell with this crappy company.

Basically, don't agree to a year service with ACA CRAP, they will go back on their word, they won't deliver on their promises, once they have your money you are nothing to them.

Toronto, ON

Charged for what you have used !!!

If you are on a yearly term and do not finish the term and cancel early, which seems to be your case then you would be charged for the months you have used at the nearest term price, in your case 6 months. There is no truth to your comments that Acanac is out to get your money. You pay for what you have used.

Good luck with your next ISP.

Regards

Re: Charged for what you have used !!!

I signed up for a 12 month term, at $39.95 a month. Six months in I cancelled. Instead of being billed $39.95 x 6 (which I am personally more than willing to pay and agree to) AcanCRAP decided to charge me $49.95 for those 6 months.

I cancelled early, 6 months, that is, and YOU as a company changed the rules.

So yeah, ACANCRAP decided that these first 6 months are billable $10 more than my contract.

Good Luch with your next LIFE.

Regards

quote:
Good kuch with your next LIFE.

Thank you, good luck with yours.

said by Fergless:

quote:
Good kuch with your next LIFE.

Thank you, good luck with yours.

No problem good sir, I have nothing against you as a person, I lose over $60 quitting you, your company. GODSPEED

·Acanac

Can't sign up with new ISP, Acanac never told bell I cancelled with them!

One last stab to the heart! We agreed to have a cancellation date of June 28th. New order with new ISP submitted on June 29th.

Guess what bell did, they REJECTED my order because of incompatible service on line, AKA ACANAC DSL!

They just tried to submit my order again today (July 4th), yep, REJECTED!

So now I am at Acanac's mercy, I cannot sign up with a new company!

·Acanac

Re: Can't sign up with new ISP, Acanac never told bell I cancelled with them!

13 days later after my official cancellation request/date and still I cannot subscribe to a new company. Thanks for this new ammo that I will use when I take Acacrap to small claims court for the $60 and $50 fail installation that I paid in good faith and was taken for.

Review by iwritecode See Profile

Good "Price"
Bad "Tech Support, Reliability"

My adventure with Acanac has led me to write this review. I'm not the sort to ever go to the trouble of writing a review but in this case I had to. They are very deserving of the praise.

1. When we first ordered our service, we decided that we would sign up for Zazeen. We never got the service. We had to actually call them months after starting our service with Acanac to cancel. Not a big deal by itself but if you are going to up-sell for another company, at least try and ensure that they are doing something for your customers. We actually wanted the service and got no communication from them.

2. Lets talk about our renewal. We had the service for a year. Mostly trouble free. But then so was Rogers, outside of their hideous over-billing. So no big win there. When my fiancee called to get the account renewed, she had a customer service representative that was rude. I don't get why because all she wanted to do was get the account renewed for another year. You'd think that this would be something that the company would be happy about. Guess not.

3. And their tech support is by far the most memorable thing about my experience. There is so much to say, I will have to use secondary bullet points.

a. First off, there is the continuous Zazeen advertisement that gets repeated when you are on hold waiting for technical support. Given the number of times I have heard it while being on hold due to downtime since last Friday, I have it imprinted in my mind. I understand that you really want to advertise this service. I get it. But please don't do it to me when I am already offline. No one in their right mind should think that the tech support hold music should consist of advertisements for services that you don't even manage.

b. Also, please don't try to tell me to buy stuff when I'm already offline. Nothing adds insult to injury more than being down and being up sold. Its crass, in bad taste and makes you look desperate. But hey, I don't judge your business practices.

c. The most important part of tech support is having people's problems resolved. Maybe not in a timely fashion because that takes competence. Just try to make progress. Aim for the participation ribbon because that'll still get you somewhere. Don't just close my tickets, not give me any updates and pretend that the issue doesn't exist. Don't make me chase you when I pay you a year ahead of time. Don't make me wait on hold for 45 minutes at a time, listening to that stupid advertisement and then tell me that there's nothing you can do because bell closed the ticket. That will not do.

To be honest, this is the headstone on my term with Acanac. I thought that there was no way that any one could make me hate calling them more than I hate calling Rogers. Acanac has proved me wrong. Keep up the good work. I will be cancelling my service since I have signed up with another ISP.

Comments:
LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

Service for a year, mostly trouble free

Why "connection reliability" 50% if you had the service for a year. Mostly trouble free.
iwritecode

join:2014-06-04
·Acanac

Re: Service for a year, mostly trouble free

The speeds were never stable. We don't do much with our internet except some Netflix and my vpn for work.

On bad days, I could barely maintain my RDP sessions over the VPN. Being the only person in the office who had these issues in an office of about 60 people, it would indicate an ISP issue. Not to mention constant buffering on Netflix.

It was never worth my time to actually bother with calling Acanac given their stellar tech support so we just lived with it.

Review by mgrasu See Profile

• Location: Aurora,ON
Bad "very slow (2.14Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.24 for UPLOAD) "

I use Acanac for more than 5 years, was OK with few exceptions. Now I’m paying for 5Mbs over $600/year plus dry loop ($110/year). I had similar problem 10 months ago, they put me to buy a new modem, router etc, to verify my wires and after that they send Bell Canada and fix something at their box across the street of my house. Finally, was OK until one month ago when happened again. In the mornings I have the speed 5.23Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.67 for UPLOAD and in the evening (after 4PM) the speed 2.14-3.35Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.24 for UPLOAD.

Customer service want me to upgrade to 10Mbs but to pay $20/month extra for the remaining of my term, even they have the price now for 10Mbs less that I’m paying for 5Mbs.

I think they have too many customers signing in the afternoon making some of us losing connection in afternoons and evenings.

Customer service it is very hard to reach, more than 1 hour waiting by phone and 2 business days by email.

Saturdays and Sunday Customer Service department is closed.

Not recommended

Comments:

Review by Twizell See Profile

• Location: Saint-Hubert,QC
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (month by month)
Good "Price"
Bad "Everything else!"
Overall "Run away from this isp!"

First thing, don't call they, you'll wait for days on the line before a someone answer. So I've subscribe to their dsl service with their online form. I've wrote the wrong credit card number on the form so someone called me a few minutes after I've submitted the form to correct it. Unfortunately, he was unable to update the form so he create a new request. I was charged 245.27$ for the first month, the activation fee and the modem then 9.20$ for the dry loop. They scheduled a appointment a few days later with a bell tech to install the dry loop. The appointment pass an the tech did not show up. So, I called them and they tell me they don't have the right address. They look at the first form and they see that the guy with whom I've talked wrote the wrong address. They tried to schedule a new appointment 15 days later but they wanted to charge me another time the installation fees. So I refused and decided to cancel my subscription. A few days later, they refunded me only the installation fees, the dry loop and the first month. They did not refunded me the modem witch was about 125$. So I called them. After waiting 45 minutes, someone told me that they did not received the modem so they can not refund me the modem fees. It's about 1 month since my first call and they still haven't refunded me the 125$ for the modem witch was send to the wrong address because someone on their side was unable to do a cut and paste...

Honestly, RUN AWAY from this company. They are a reel joke!

Comments:

shaddowdog

@69.158.132.x

Warning Acanac

Stay away from this provider. After 12 days I am still not connected. After 3 Bell techs that states it's their problem still have not been fixed. This company does not belong in business their service sucks big time. How and why does the BBB for example do not do something.

Acanac Inc
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

If it's a Bell issue and they are not able to resolve it not much we can do on our end.
I would be more than happy to help you with a full refund.