Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by van84 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Bad "Customer support and service after sell is really poor"
Overall "Read this review and you will understand."

hello guys,

I am new here but I would like to share my experiences with you at Acanac.

I am with Acanac for around 5 years now. I am been a loyal customer and I brought in some peoples and I was about to bring my uncle soon. however I guess this will probably not happen anymore.

****** My experience ******

I contacted Sale department 4 weeks ago to upgrade from ADSL to VDSL.

The reason of my upgrade was I need a better upload speed due of my work.

I called sale department and they said I should be able to have a upload speed up to 26MBIT. I decide to buy the package 25 down / 10 up.

When the modem arrived, I got a speed upload up to 3 MBIT.

Called support tech a bunches of time, no one was able to help me out.

The internet suddently went down for 2 weeks. No one was able to help me out. They sent Bell to my house (total 2.5 weeks)
Bell determine the new VDSL modem is the issue. Called Acanac, they said they will ship a new modem again (take 4 days before I receive it).

I decided to call billing department to ask to change to cable (no reply for 7 days)
I finally get the billing departement phone number. I decided to cancel everything.
Billing department representative asked me to send another email to billing@acanac.com. (You see the loop right?)

Sent another email to billing@acanac.com, no reply.

I called again yesterday, and the representative said they cannot cancel my account. Need to call between 9 to 13.
I decided to call again billing today to try again. They said: it passed the 30 days trial, I have to keep the modem (that I received 4 days ago because the old one was broken).

Is that a joke?

My problem is still not resolved yet. I am tired.

****** Some notes ********

- When I joined the Acanac, the modem was rental. It became a "BUY" modem without warning. I have to keep the modem when upgrading from ADSL to VDSL. Cannot have the 50$ rental money at the beginning.
- When you call support, they hang up on you when queue more than 1 hour.
- the email for billing department take more than 48 hours to reply and sometime they are not replying at all.
- Sale department promised you a certain speed but you may not get it.
- they do not read complains nor feedback emails.
- When upgrade to VDSL, they forced you to buy a 60$ worth modem for 99$, that is fine, but they are not wanting to refund it if you cancel the service after a couple of days of usage.
- The 30 days trial on the new service start when they shipped the modem and not when you have internet activated.
- I think they are pushing back the ticket to go over 30 days so you won't get the refund for the modem or service. That's the reason they do not want to reply to my tickets.

I don't care to not having the full refund, I am ready to get the partial refund for the months that I do not use. But how come I am not be able to have a refund for a BRAND NEW MODEM that I just received it? It won`t possible to resell this modem on my own. Waste of time and price will never be 99$+tax.

Comments:

Review by holyspirit See Profile

• Location: York,ON
Bad "I am totally invaded by malaware with them coming from their sister company"
Overall "the people need to re own the internet and get back their screens"

·WIND Mobile
I am extremely disappointed with ACANAC since i found out after a long period of problems with malaware on 2 computers (or harassing pop ups) that the problem was deeper.

After
investigation and testing i found that my problems are all related to acanac since i do not have problems when i am at best buy nor coffee shops but just at home with ACANAC!

I ONLY HAVE EXTREME problems when connected with ACANAC., internet provider and have tried everything and spent a whole afternoon with apple and 6 hours with it help to get rid of my extreme malaware issues but in vain.

No one seems to understand this very unfortunate situation but perhaps no one is still aware yet of this form on internet corruption.

i have proof that acanac is sending me malaware and I found out through trying to fixing it.
ACANAC has caused me extreme hardship in terms of time management
and financial problems having to buy other computer etc I paid for computers and internet services of which is not functional.
This is ridiculous that we can no longer be productive with computer we buy and in our own home???

HISTORY

FIRST COMPUTER PROBLEMS
I had i noticed my older asus computer was acting strangely but was not sure why while I was paying acanac for internet services.
Finally after trying to get rid of all malaware with spypot. abusive pop ups still popped up right after we finished! intruded in my computer until finally my computer was completly frozen with popup and with a note saying to call this number which ended up in INDIA. I have taken pic of it. and have called the company (who pretends they are an it company .)

My first computer is useless now and i have to recover data!

2nd COMPUTER PROBLEMS

after a long months of problems with my extreme malaware issues on first computer which now is shut down with malaware pop up that took over my screen and I decided to buy an IPAD because i was told there were no viruses

However ipad came right away infested with malaware as soon as i USED IT (of sexual and games ) ( and 10% of the time it goes in the App Store!!)

i am simply linking or doing simple work and with no downloading and whatever i have done in the past with ease etc. I am mature and do not do funny stuff on computer so i use computer normally.

Even after reseting ipad malawares and 7 hours
the malaware/disgusting harassing ads came back they came back on both computers. So obviously these are not viruses. (and the situation is worse with safari!)! so it seems.
Because i am not an expert but i see safari is not an intelligent browser and consumer friendly! Where is the consumer in all this and why are we paying computer when we receive abusive ads on our screens?

Now after my 2nd computer i have still no peace and no productivity

LISTEN TO THIS YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT!

as we cleaned up the malaware from my first computer and we thought we solved it all
then came another malaware right away from a company in mississauga called canaca
HOW DID THEY KNOW?

and this company sending malaware is at the same address as acanac!!!!!

acanac is sending me malaware from another company of their own through a another company name but they OWN and are at the same office!

both companies
acanac and canaca are on same address on DUndas st in mississauga Both are tech companies but the latter is a server company or they allege.
when I checked canaca, also to my surprise had my isp address???
Isn't that a coiincidence that they know me and my isp address?

Why can 't you do a good job focusing on providing a good service to people instead of wasting my precious time.

IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTANDS THIS
tHIS IS TOTALLY MALICIOUS WORK

please be warned acanac is not just an internet provider
but an ab user of your computer to send malaware through another company they own. OR IS simply not protecting their users. I have called acanac again today and they said to get 3 party software!
I am getting rid of acanac since obviously they are up to no good.

I AM SEEKING A MORE SECURE AND ETHICAL INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER WHO WILL NOT BE TOO EXPENSIVE __ I KNOW I WANT PEACE AND PRODUCTIVITY BUT HEH HOW ABOUT PRICE?

DO KNOW WHOM?

Comments:

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21

I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

Definitely a new one in the tin-foil hat category for me!

Montreal, QC

Re: I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

I've had 99 problems with acanac but malaware 'ain't' one!
Neil K

join:2014-05-07
Canada

Re: I thought I've read it all by now......guess I was wrong!

But doesn't the 99 problems with the company, by itself, speak volumes ?
Neil K

join:2014-05-07
Canada
LOL.....perhaps tinfoil also for when ACANAC also shuts down somebody's recently paid for 3 , 6, or 12 month service , while simultaneously and aggressively peddling $100 B-HELL ''repair'' services, Redneckcowboy?

Do the Bell ''repair' guys optionally cook, clean, or tapdance, in lieu of actual repairs, Rednekcowboy?

At this point, given that ACANAC readily refunds for these ''problems'' it

seems to create on its own ( as good an admission of guilt if ever there was one ) , I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them.

Did you say you're a satisfied ACANAC customer, Rednekcowboy ?
Expand your moderator at work
chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB
·ELECTRONICBOX
·WIND Mobile

and malware isnt your problem how?

malware is the end user's responsibility, Acanac has NO ACCESS to the users computer

If you are one of those people who like to try and stream anything (grey market stuff usually) from the internet or download torrents from non private trackers, then yes, you will get malware

Review by johnpower8 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Nothing to say"
Bad "Where to start, Bad speed, Bad service, Bad support"
Overall "Learn from people who already made the mistakes"

·gemstelecom
After having a year of bad service just switched to another ISP, got 10MB speed and never got better then 6mb Network is over loaded or over crowded, support people are in hurry to hangup,

Comments:

Fergless
Toronto, ON

Sorry to hear you had problems.

Hi

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Do you have a ticket # referencing your problems?

TY

Review by donkey See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "none"
Bad "people that reply to email tickets are morons, change contract rules"
Overall "I am out 80 bucks due to them changing agreements."

What I agreed to:

$39.95 x 12 %5gst, then on top of it % 9.5qst = $551.19

What I got charged: (after cancelling their internet 6 months in)

$49.95 x 6 %5gst, then on top of it % 9.5qst = $344.58

I was refunded the difference. ($206.61)

Cancel in the first month otherwise you're at their mercy,

So in retrospect, don't pay for a years service with this company, becuse they will screw you out of your hard earned money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACA CRAP has just SCREWED me out of near 80 bucks!!! Their money back guarantee if you cancel IS A LIE. Don't EVER sign up for a year with this company, unless you want to be SCREWED like they did to me.

I changed independent ISP companies. This costed $50. This said install includes a BELL tech to hook me up to a remote. I was already connected to a remote, It's a crappy lucent/stinger, but what can I do about that, nothing..

Then a second tech (TELECON tech) should have come here, and isolate my existing telephone wiring from the DSL line via POTS splitter, but his job was done way before he had to come here, due to I have one installed from a previous upgrade.

Install date, and a day I took off:

BELL left my line card on a default ADSL1 default profile of 3/.6. Guy in charge, all he had to do was slam his face on the left of the keyboard for 26/11 profile, smash on the middle for 15/1 or on the right for 5/.8. Yeah, it was that simple in simple terms. BELL didn't do anything.

TELECON didn't bother to show up.

BOTH marked the job as COMPLETED, go figure.

$50 never spent, o wait I did, I spent it for something resembling to happen above. Nice racket BELL.

So I am out $50 plus GST and on top of that QST for nothing ever happening. Look below, there's nothing anyone in charge can do about it either, apparently.

So give me the POTS splitter I paid for!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

I was convinced the people that were answering my email aka site tickets were in Pakistan. Pathetic attempts at English and generic responses to my rather direct questions. Acanac claimed they don't out source, so I guess Mehdi.M el al are located in Canada.

Incompetent idiots answer your emails/messages, and it takes them 3 to 4 days to even answer.

I was better off calling and waiting on hold for 30 minutes, to talk to the only person answering calls to get my line card replaced.

The actual BTS guy that fixed my line card called me, and in Quebec, he spoke to me in English, props to that guy, meme si je suis capable de lui parler en francais.

Bell left me a message on my machine to rate the service of their tech, but I don't wanna send a letter to rate him.

Bottom line, if your dsl is stable then acanac is great, if your dsl is crap, don't bother, they employ idiots to answer your email messages, call and hope there isn't a waiting period.

It has been working good, random dsl disconnections for what ever reason, once a night I guess.

member for 6.4 years, 2091 visits, last login: 1 days ago

Comments:
Moradian

join:2014-02-14
·Acanac

They should be closed down - no questions asked.

My son bought me DSL last April as Mother's Day Gift little knowing he was buying me a year of stress and heartache. Since April not a single full month of internet. Tops 10-15 days. I did not have internet before Christmas until mid January. Then for 10-15 days and was gone. In the month of February I have had internet so far just for 2-3 days. I have sent them emails every single day. Their CSRs are idiots and morons is an understatement of the century. Every time I send a complaint first thing we cannot find your account. Then I have to send all the registration papers and then it clues it. Then again, someone sitting somewhere I am sure on a bus in India or Pakistan tells me to go and plus this in and plug that out and check the line. If I am going to do the heavy lifting, what the hell is he getting paid for. As I said I have written to CTV to investigate and have finally gotten BBB involved to get me a full refund. If you want to buy yourself truckloads of stress, pay Acanac and they will keep you occupied all year round - every second.

Montreal, QC

Re: They should be closed down - no questions asked.

Let me know how it works out for you, I can send you my email conversations with Acanac, mind you after a while I was frustrated and you can tell in my replies lol.

Support etc.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Re: Support etc.

All my problems stemmed from BELL not doing their job and then TELECON never showing up. My line card was reset to ADSL1 3 meg down, .6 up when it should have been VDSL2 26/11 (I'm on a stinger).

Trying to get this simple issue resolved resulted in people responding to my emails with broken English and next to useless replies.

Then my line card died, not Acanac's fault, but the people that responded to my emails and phone calls are uneducated in the BELL practices of not being able to hit me with a DMC charge see: »www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2012/2012-83.htm

Bell didn't do their job installing me a proper demarc, but hey it's win win for me, they can't threaten me with DMC charges! Nor did they set my profile correctly.

Bottom line, improve your scripts the people that answer email/tickets are given, possibly offer English classes. La prochaine fois je vais ultilizer Francais, pour voir si les Francophones sont inutile comme les Anglais que vous emploi.

Let me know, I can copy/paste my questions and Acanac's answers so you can see first hand, and everyone else can too, how frustrating the answers/solutions are.

Re: Support etc.

If I remember correctly I got your Upstream raised and you were good with that. Other than that I'm unaware you are still having issues.

For the invoice problem I can not help you with that you will need to take that up with billing.

Have a great weekend

Customer complaints: complaints@acanac.com
Customer feedback: feedback@acanac.com

Re: Support etc.

"Now onto the TELECON no show, I was worried that because they never came, I possibly would be disconnected due to that fact, but apparently they marked the job as DONE. That installation/activation fee includes a fancy POTS SPLITTER that I was not given, and which I feel I am owed on principal.
"

Good ol' Acanac, you addressed the first issue and then ignored the second, and if it was you whom directly addressed my upload problem, then "your" welcome.

I paid $50 for a fail install, bell didn't do their job and neither did TELECON.

I spent over 2 weeks dealing with a default line card set to 3 down, ,6 up and the people I emailed couldn't comprehend that simple fact where it should be their job to know.

Meh bell changed me to a new port in their stinger and my internet/land line works again.

You owe me a pots splitter, I paid for it.

·Acanac
A week with no replies, expect this with Acanac support, dust it under the rug kind of attitude.

I will copy/paste the dealings I have with their email/ticket support, and I apologize in advanced if I come off as a jerk, but at the time I was at my whits end.

p.s. give me the pots splitter TELECON didn't give me, nor did they show up, nor did they do their job and simply marked the job as complete. I paid for it.

Ticket # ?

2 edits

Re: Support etc.

Bell didn't do their job, I was already connected to this crappy stinger. Bell couldn't even be bothered to change my line card profile from adsl1 3/.8 to vdsl2 26/11.

Telecon didn't bother to show up, or do anything. All they had to do was show up, on the day I took off, I would have shown them my fancy pots splitter already installed, he would have just had to handed me my complimentary pots splitter.

Both marked the job as complete.

I DEMAND my $50 back due to nobody doing what I paid for in the first place.

WOW, I just checked my generic acanac email to get the login to post it here, and I have 2 dirty porno spam messages to a user that isn't me. Strong spam filters Acanac.
I have NEVER used this email address.

Here's a ticket # GOW-12915

I saved the other ones, I can post them so that all can see the people responding to my email/tickets are inept.

Thank you and have a good night.

·Acanac
Oh and for what ever reason, I was resent my first invoice out of the blue. I replied that if my credit card was charged a second time, I would contest it.

This was my reply:

"This better be a mistake, because there is no reason for this, and a) I in
writing told you that you no longer have my consent to access my credit
card b) I will contest this charge with my credit card company."

Guess what the response was?

"Dear Valued Client,

May we ask why you are wishing to cancel your Acanac service?

Please let us know so that we can see if any of our specialists can help resolve any issues you may be having.

Please write back soon so that if you do decide to stay with us I can make the changes to your account in time.

Best Regards"

lol I have plenty of examples to show if anyone one want to see how incompetent the people that answer email/help tickets are.

Posted on 07 Feb 2014 06:24 PM my last reply to the above

Posted on 03 Mar 2014 04:42 PM the date I received a response

Re: Support etc.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do, this is not something I can help you with.

Re: Support etc.

refund me $50 plus gst/qst for the install that never happened?

send me a pots splitter, that if you can't refund me the install fee, that I paid for, and never received?

Re: Support etc.

I can't do either donkey, you would need to go through support or billing.

Re: Support etc.

Does Mehdi.M work for either of those departments? I just ask because I'd rather smash my head against the wall other than deal with that guy ever again.

Re: Support etc.

I'm sure I am not the first to get screwed by bell/telecon, however I would like it to stop. I hope people educate themselves on what's supposed to happen during an install, and in my case, where nothing was done, to scream and yell.

$50 plus gst/qst for nothing to happen or be done, GO BELL GO. And to top it off, I have to call up.

I'll give Acanac this, last time I called, the guy that got my last bell repair ticket fixed was awesome, very professional and understanding.

I didn't get his name, otherwise I'd say it here.

Re: Support etc.

So you have no Demarc if I remember correctly, and now no POTS splitter. Not passing the buck but have you called Bell about it.

I think I know who the tech was for the Bell ticket, I can ask him to check with you.

Re: Support etc.

My demarc is an old antiquated one with no test jack, and I like it, bell cannot charge me diagnostic fees . I have a pots splitter from when I upgraded my 5/.8 to 15/1.

So all telecon had to do was hand me a second pots splitter that was paid for under the $50 installation fee.

All bell had to do was update my profile, aka tap a few buttons on their computer, but didn't.

Re: Support etc.

All I can suggest for both of your topics:
»Review of Acanac by donkey
»Support etc..

Is to email complaints@acanac.com they may be able to help you.

dummies

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 10:15 PM
Hello,

Your telephone provider has informed us that you have a product on your telephone that is incompatible with DSL services. Can you please contact your telephone provider to have this product removed. Once this is completed, please email or call our technical support department with the date this product will be removed. Once this has been completed, we can restart the activation process for your DSL internet.

If the product is unable to be removed, we may still be able to install services on a dryloop. A dryloop costs an additional $8 plus taxes per month and requires a technician install. If you require a dryloop please email us back or reach our tech support line @ 1-866-281-3538 Ext 4

Posted on 17 Dec 2013 12:36 AM
are you stupid?

I won't have a "product" on my line by the 20th, you know the date I want this to be installed.

You know, the date I asked and agreed to have this done.

Either make this happen on the 20th or refund my money, I am sick and tired of this inept show of ineptness.

If only you read the notes, I asked for an install date after you tried to log it with bell, and yet you just did it again.

I am growing weary of this company and their ways, God forbid I actually have a serious problem, I will be screwed.

I am eating bacon while I typed this, does that make you mad?

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 12:26 AM
1. When does my 12 term start

2. Give me the default modem firmware/config (helpful tip: DEFAULT does NOT sync on a stinger remote, but I guess you don't know what that is.

3. DEMAND bell fix my 3MBit pathetic internet, all they have to do is update my profile in lantern (p.s. this better be the start date of my 12 month subscription.

Invoice telecon for me, $100 for wasting 8 hours of my time yesterday.

It is now Monday, get bell to fix my line profile! I guess not Tuesday or Wednesday because they are new years eve and new years, how ever if this is not solved by Thursday, I will DEMAND a full refund (minus the modem costs of course).

I am fed up, with dealing with card reading third world support that don't bother to answer my multiple questions and simply copy/paste the third item they're supposed to from their card.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 09:19 AM
Hello,

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

We forwarded your cancellation request to “30 Days Money Back” department. We'll update you as soon as my colleagues confirm your request. Please wait, thanks.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:24 AM
I threatened to cancel, I didn't ask to cancel, moron.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:28 AM
Hello,

We need to wait for the confirmation of my colleagues in "30 days" department. Please kindly wait.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 10:33 AM

I threatened to cancel, I didn't ask to cancel, moron(s).

Posted on 01 Jan 2014 12:25 AM
Hi,

Please note that we need our manager's confirmation for any further action. Please kindly wait till we receive his response.
Acanac Inc.

^^^ last I heard from this ticket.

strong spam filters

I have NEVER used this default email address and look:

They are not even directly addressed to my email, but somewhat similar addresses.

Re: strong spam filters

So six months in, I have decided to cancel my service with this crappy company.

12 month term at $39.99 a month paid in full.

Their reply is that they will charge me $49.99 x 6 months plus taxes and will send me the difference.

So a fair warning to anyone that decides they are going to pay a year in advance with this untrustworthy company. They have your money, too bad so sad!

$39.99 x 12 (what I agreed with)
$479.88 (total)
$551.74 (with gst, then qst on top of that)

They want to refund me with charging me 6 x $49.95
That's:
$49.95 x 6 = $299.70
With taxes - $344.58 (5% and then %9.5 on top of GST)

So ACANCRAP just changed their full money refund guarantee that I read and agreed to when I signed up.

Garbage support, garbage internet, garbage company and now since they have the knife in my stomach, they're twisting it so I remember my 6 months of hell with this crappy company.

Basically, don't agree to a year service with ACA CRAP, they will go back on their word, they won't deliver on their promises, once they have your money you are nothing to them.

Toronto, ON

Charged for what you have used !!!

If you are on a yearly term and do not finish the term and cancel early, which seems to be your case then you would be charged for the months you have used at the nearest term price, in your case 6 months. There is no truth to your comments that Acanac is out to get your money. You pay for what you have used.

Good luck with your next ISP.

Regards

Re: Charged for what you have used !!!

I signed up for a 12 month term, at $39.95 a month. Six months in I cancelled. Instead of being billed $39.95 x 6 (which I am personally more than willing to pay and agree to) AcanCRAP decided to charge me $49.95 for those 6 months.

I cancelled early, 6 months, that is, and YOU as a company changed the rules.

So yeah, ACANCRAP decided that these first 6 months are billable $10 more than my contract.

Good Luch with your next LIFE.

Regards

quote:
Good kuch with your next LIFE.

Thank you, good luck with yours.

said by Fergless:

quote:
Good kuch with your next LIFE.

Thank you, good luck with yours.

No problem good sir, I have nothing against you as a person, I lose over $60 quitting you, your company. GODSPEED

·Acanac

Can't sign up with new ISP, Acanac never told bell I cancelled with them!

One last stab to the heart! We agreed to have a cancellation date of June 28th. New order with new ISP submitted on June 29th.

Guess what bell did, they REJECTED my order because of incompatible service on line, AKA ACANAC DSL!

They just tried to submit my order again today (July 4th), yep, REJECTED!

So now I am at Acanac's mercy, I cannot sign up with a new company!

·Acanac

Re: Can't sign up with new ISP, Acanac never told bell I cancelled with them!

13 days later after my official cancellation request/date and still I cannot subscribe to a new company. Thanks for this new ammo that I will use when I take Acacrap to small claims court for the $60 and $50 fail installation that I paid in good faith and was taken for.

Review by iwritecode See Profile

Good "Price"
Bad "Tech Support, Reliability"

My adventure with Acanac has led me to write this review. I'm not the sort to ever go to the trouble of writing a review but in this case I had to. They are very deserving of the praise.

1. When we first ordered our service, we decided that we would sign up for Zazeen. We never got the service. We had to actually call them months after starting our service with Acanac to cancel. Not a big deal by itself but if you are going to up-sell for another company, at least try and ensure that they are doing something for your customers. We actually wanted the service and got no communication from them.

2. Lets talk about our renewal. We had the service for a year. Mostly trouble free. But then so was Rogers, outside of their hideous over-billing. So no big win there. When my fiancee called to get the account renewed, she had a customer service representative that was rude. I don't get why because all she wanted to do was get the account renewed for another year. You'd think that this would be something that the company would be happy about. Guess not.

3. And their tech support is by far the most memorable thing about my experience. There is so much to say, I will have to use secondary bullet points.

a. First off, there is the continuous Zazeen advertisement that gets repeated when you are on hold waiting for technical support. Given the number of times I have heard it while being on hold due to downtime since last Friday, I have it imprinted in my mind. I understand that you really want to advertise this service. I get it. But please don't do it to me when I am already offline. No one in their right mind should think that the tech support hold music should consist of advertisements for services that you don't even manage.

b. Also, please don't try to tell me to buy stuff when I'm already offline. Nothing adds insult to injury more than being down and being up sold. Its crass, in bad taste and makes you look desperate. But hey, I don't judge your business practices.

c. The most important part of tech support is having people's problems resolved. Maybe not in a timely fashion because that takes competence. Just try to make progress. Aim for the participation ribbon because that'll still get you somewhere. Don't just close my tickets, not give me any updates and pretend that the issue doesn't exist. Don't make me chase you when I pay you a year ahead of time. Don't make me wait on hold for 45 minutes at a time, listening to that stupid advertisement and then tell me that there's nothing you can do because bell closed the ticket. That will not do.

To be honest, this is the headstone on my term with Acanac. I thought that there was no way that any one could make me hate calling them more than I hate calling Rogers. Acanac has proved me wrong. Keep up the good work. I will be cancelling my service since I have signed up with another ISP.

Comments:
LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

Service for a year, mostly trouble free

Why "connection reliability" 50% if you had the service for a year. Mostly trouble free.
iwritecode

join:2014-06-04
·Acanac

Re: Service for a year, mostly trouble free

The speeds were never stable. We don't do much with our internet except some Netflix and my vpn for work.

On bad days, I could barely maintain my RDP sessions over the VPN. Being the only person in the office who had these issues in an office of about 60 people, it would indicate an ISP issue. Not to mention constant buffering on Netflix.

It was never worth my time to actually bother with calling Acanac given their stellar tech support so we just lived with it.

Review by mgrasu See Profile

• Location: Aurora,ON
Bad "very slow (2.14Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.24 for UPLOAD) "

I use Acanac for more than 5 years, was OK with few exceptions. Now I’m paying for 5Mbs over $600/year plus dry loop ($110/year). I had similar problem 10 months ago, they put me to buy a new modem, router etc, to verify my wires and after that they send Bell Canada and fix something at their box across the street of my house. Finally, was OK until one month ago when happened again. In the mornings I have the speed 5.23Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.67 for UPLOAD and in the evening (after 4PM) the speed 2.14-3.35Mbs for DOWNLOAD and 0.24 for UPLOAD.

Customer service want me to upgrade to 10Mbs but to pay $20/month extra for the remaining of my term, even they have the price now for 10Mbs less that I’m paying for 5Mbs.

I think they have too many customers signing in the afternoon making some of us losing connection in afternoons and evenings.

Customer service it is very hard to reach, more than 1 hour waiting by phone and 2 business days by email.

Saturdays and Sunday Customer Service department is closed.

Not recommended

Comments:

Review by Twizell See Profile

• Location: Saint-Hubert,QC
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (month by month)
Bad "Everything else!"
Overall "Run away from this isp!"

First thing, don't call they, you'll wait for days on the line before a someone answer. So I've subscribe to their dsl service with their online form. I've wrote the wrong credit card number on the form so someone called me a few minutes after I've submitted the form to correct it. Unfortunately, he was unable to update the form so he create a new request. I was charged 245.27$ for the first month, the activation fee and the modem then 9.20$ for the dry loop. They scheduled a appointment a few days later with a bell tech to install the dry loop. The appointment pass an the tech did not show up. So, I called them and they tell me they don't have the right address. They look at the first form and they see that the guy with whom I've talked wrote the wrong address. They tried to schedule a new appointment 15 days later but they wanted to charge me another time the installation fees. So I refused and decided to cancel my subscription. A few days later, they refunded me only the installation fees, the dry loop and the first month. They did not refunded me the modem witch was about 125$. So I called them. After waiting 45 minutes, someone told me that they did not received the modem so they can not refund me the modem fees. It's about 1 month since my first call and they still haven't refunded me the 125$ for the modem witch was send to the wrong address because someone on their side was unable to do a cut and paste...

Honestly, RUN AWAY from this company. They are a reel joke!

Comments:

shaddowdog

@69.158.132.x

Warning Acanac

Stay away from this provider. After 12 days I am still not connected. After 3 Bell techs that states it's their problem still have not been fixed. This company does not belong in business their service sucks big time. How and why does the BBB for example do not do something.

Acanac Inc
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

If it's a Bell issue and they are not able to resolve it not much we can do on our end.
I would be more than happy to help you with a full refund.

Review by jkelso_1 See Profile

• Location: Newmarket,ON
Good "Nothing that I know of from this experience"
Bad "Did not get service I ordered and am expected to wait who knows how long for it "

·TekSavvy Cable
I decided to move to Acanac in anticipation of moving to IPTV when it reached my town.

Service was supposed to start today and as it was a transfer all that was required was I was supposed to reboot my modem once the old service stopped.

I received this from them on the 14th....

"You will find the date and time of your installation below.
If this is a new Cable install you will need to be physically available at the residence in order to give access to the Cable technician on the following date:
If it is a transfer your presence is not required. The installation will be completed remotely.

Pending TRANSFER date: Apr. 21, 2014

If you are using an existing cable line and you are just transferring to us, no technicians will be dispatched to your location and after 5 to 7 business day or when your internet connection goes down you just need to reboot your modem(if you have your own) or have the one we send you installed and connected.

"

email sent to billing....

I am sitting at Tim Horton's using free wifi because I have no internet at home.

I spent over 1.5 hours on the phone before I got a person. Shelly told me that Rogers didn't have a cancellation order from our previous ISP so you could not get my modem activated.

This makes no sense since they managed to cut off the services from the previous provider.

Shelly insisted that I would need a ticket and have to wait for a technician to come. I got disconnected before finding out how long that is supposed to take.

I called again when I got home and got the same, have to wait for service line.

No one at your bothered to contact me when Rogers told you there was no cancellation, so I have to wait because you dropped the ball?

Please cancel my service under the 30 day guarantee and refund both for the activation that did not happen and the service I have not received.

Comments:

Fergless

Pending Date !

"PENDING"! Transfer date: Apr. 21, 2014

Did you finally get hooked up?
jkelso_1

join:2009-10-01
Newmarket, ON

Re: Pending Date !

Review by false79 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Price"
Bad "Email-only support = useless when their service is down"
Overall "Friends don't let friends sign up for #Acanac"

Good Morning Employee of Acanac,

I am writing this from a Starbucks Free Wi-Fi so you have something to talk about during your lunch break. I am entering Day #7 without phone service that I pay $20/month for apparently nothing. It started off with friends & family calling my home and going straight to voicemail. Through the actions of your “Support Department”, not only was my original issue not resolved but it was made worse by taking away my ability to make outgoing calls. I can’t even access my voicemail online which leads me to believe someone on your end for reasons unbeknownst to me, probably decided to breach contract and disable just my phone service. I am now into Day #2 without internet service. The technical responses I am witnessing show no indication of what actions have been taken, showcase your notorious slow response times, and feature copied & pasted boilerplate responses.

Someone in your organization made the decision to throw more money at marketing and advertising to gain more customers through bus ads and other means. This was a huge mistake. It just doesn't make sense to sell such an inferior service to the marketplace. If I knew in advance the trouble I had to go through to get my previously working service up and running, I would have been with Rogers (and I really hate Rogers).

I cannot believe you people in good conscious work for a company that bills people but don’t provide the service they are paying for. It’s not fair. Although you don’t have a social media presence, you don’t have to go very far on the internet to find others who are experiencing the same frustration I am experiencing.

My term is up next month so it’s known I will not be renewing. My message to you all is this: Find a job somewhere else. It’s obvious that some of your teams are both under-staffed and/or under-trained to do their jobs. It’s not fair to your co-workers who do know their shit. It’s not fair to paying customers like me.

Every ISP is allowed to f-up once in a while. Just not this many times in 7 weeks.

Sincerest disrespect,

-mL

Comments:
false79

·Acanac

My account has been cancelled w/o my written notice

Acanac, is it standard practice when a customer posts a negative review like the one above, you guys breach contract and terminate my phone and internet services? I did not make a request to have my services terminated immediately.
dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
·ITalkBB

3 edits

Re: My account has been cancelled w/o my written notice

Sounds like they got scared and asked their incumbants for advice?
Reading through the reviews, responses and such. I came to a possible conclusion:

- One of the workers read the review, comprehends it as "I don't want to continue this contract any longer" And lies to his/her own company to create a process ticket to process the cancellation, etc.

This type of scenario happens to a lot of small businesses, especially if the boss is too lenient to their staff, to the point where it just takes 1 bad apple to ruin a bunch.

Granted, I'm looking at it similarly to 'new hires' for businesses like small local restaurants, where it only takes 1 new staff member being hired, and brings his/her past addictions or problems with them to work.

Toronto, ON

Account info/Ticket # re cancelled accounts.

Hi false79

Can you please IM your account info and ticket # referencing your accounts being cancelled?

Re: Account info/Ticket # re cancelled accounts.

"New members have to wait at least 8 hours before they can send an IM"

RCA-18375 No internet service; Thomas W replies saying it was canceled because I requested it. I response asking to provide evidence of this request. He references SHC-79977. I reply back that there is absolutely no reference there that I wish to cancel my services immediately. I mention multiple times that I will not be renewing for another term. I paid for 12 weeks of service and you guys decided to provide only 6 weeks of that agreement by terminating my account half-way through the term. This is a breach of contract. You guys f'd up, huge.

Re: Account info/Ticket # re cancelled accounts.

Do you wanted the service reactivated?

Re: Account info/Ticket # re cancelled accounts.

I want what I paid for and nothing more = Internet and Phone for 3 months starting October 1st, 2013. Is that possible? Can you guys provide what you advertise? Because I did my part, I paid the money. You guys have it.

Toronto, ON
Were you billed for the 3 month term you changed to from a one month plan?

Re: Account info/Ticket # re cancelled accounts.

I was billed a 3-month term which was my intention on October 1st. I was coming from a 1-month term for the month of September 2013.

I did not request for any such changes to downgrade to a 1 month term. There is no documentation for any such request of a downgrade nor cancellation. I'm not sure what your colleague's motivation was to make these changes that were not requested.

Re: Account info/Ticket # re cancelled accounts.

You were actually billed for 3 months? It shows as not paid in our records.

Re: Account info/Ticket # re cancelled accounts.

I stand corrected. It turns out I have been on a month-to-month plan despite requesting on September 20th that I would like to be billed for a 3-month term as soon as possible. The response from Iman in IMS-39629 clearly indicates the 3-month term does not begin until November 1st. The complaint I dispatched in SHC-79977 was probably received as that I was cancelling November 1st's 3 month contract.

My position up until now was that I was under the impression I was already on a 3-month plan starting Oct 1st through Dec 31st as I had already paid for September. I was under the belief that because I made this request 11 days before October 1st, I thought I had already started this 3-month contract. I am sorry for the misinterpretation in understanding IMS-39629.

If I have not been billed already, I would like to not have my account re-activated and do not wish to continue using your services.

This whole process has been incredibly frustrating and confusing.
dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
·ITalkBB

Acanac?

I saw their funny ad on the newspaper once on 'refer 10 customers and get unlimited internet for free*'.

They use a timed contract based business system rather than a pay per month on a ala cart system.

They also aren't a 3rd party reseller, but a 2nd party like Teksavvy, for Rogers and Bell.

Now depending on the position of 1st to third party, Incumbant ISPs like Rogers, Bell, and Telus have influences on companies that wants to further expand their business into ISP, but must buy services from them.

Teksavvy's lucky I guess, since they must have existed longer and gotten access to their services before the Incumbants changed up the game rules.

Also, People giving feedback do to reaction to a review, would only get you worse reputation, only those who 'fear' repercussions would seem to take action like this.

2 edits

?

Not sure what you're saying dra6o0n, can you elaborate please.

Thank you.

PS: You do understand the OP's problem was resolved.

Review by Bye internet See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "None."
Bad "Promised refunds never provided. Useless, time-wasting customer service, if you even get thru. "
Overall "Refund received, after 2 years of legal threats. Worst Service. Worst Customer Service. "

I paid one year in advance for high speed DSL internet with Acanac, for a cost of $406.12, which was billed to my charge card. After two months of trying, Acanac was unable to provide any connection.

They have agreed to refund. My charge card was credited for $13.56, but I was told that the remaining $392.56 could not be processed to my charge card. Instead, they would mail me a cheque. On December 1, 2011, they said, "You will receive the check within 2 to 3 weeks." I still have not received the check. I've written back to Acanac about it, but they do not reply.

I tried calling Technical Support, wasting an entire day on hold. 131 times I was thanked for my patience, and told I was "next in line". After a day on the phone, they cut off my call! I tried calling Billing, but they refuse to discuss anything by phone. I tried Accounting, but they were unable to help me. Twice, I told them by phone to cancel my order, which them claimed they were unable to do. Serveral times, Acanac told me that a lineman was checking the situation, but I never heard from the lineman, or any party whom he represented.

Some people might get lucky with this company. If so, I hope you never have technical or billing issues!

I am currently preparing legal action against Acanac.

*************

Now, nearly two years after the fact, Acanac has sent me the refund, but only upon my threat of immediate legal action. I am still stuck with the modem they sold me, which was intended to be used with the services they provided. Since they never provided the services, I am stuck with an unwanted, unneeded, and never-used modem. Will Acanac make an offer to buy back the pointless modem? If so, would they expect me to pay Shipping and Handling?If you're almost a pauper, you might want to gamble a little money on this company, if you can afford such a risk of your limited cash. But it's just that...a gamble. For $5/month more, you can get the fastest and most reliable internet service in Ontario, at Start Communications.

FP

Comments:
Lynn0

Acanac, Inc.

Can you pm me with your user ID and I will check for you to see if it has been sent out?

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Lynn,

What about put someone on the phone at the billing/accounting department?

I think it would be much more valuable than having someone on forums trying to fix thing up on desperate case.

You don't avoid charge back procedure by contacting people on a forum, you avoid them by answering the phone when they call you before they charge back.

Regards,

join:2012-01-16

terrible support, extremely hard to cancel

Same here. When you stuck with them, it seems impossible to get off.

3 weeks without internet, even no promise for refund yet.

Please stay away as far as possible from this company.

Acanac,Inc.

It is not hard to cancel if you follow procedure.
1) send email to billing@acanac.com to cancel with your account information in the email
2) you will receive a reply asking you for reason for cancellation if you did not state one
3) send email back( reply to same email. do not send a new one) stating reason for cancellation.
4) most important one. WAIT for a reply before sending in multiple tickets.
5) service will be cancelled.

Re: Acanac,Inc.

Hi,

First, thank you. I know you have tried your best (I've read a lot on this site)

The interesting part is 'WAIT'. How long should I wait? 2 months? 6 months? 1 year?

At least get rid of my line first so I can go with another ISP and reply to me something like 'we are processing your request'.

Don't play with your customer!

Your unknowledgable support employees can't solve a simple problem and your level 2 tech support is a liar. That's why I quit.

@host36-server.com

Cancellation

Well am on the same process for cancellation, I told them in advance I will cancel my service this Friday the 27 they told me to send back an email this day. I am very tired of the very bad connection I got from them, MAX SPEED 5mbit but in fact I have 1MBITS most of the time, plus its totally impossible to play games with this connection, it crashes every 5 minutes. I did all they wanted me to do, restart, use another dsl, use different wires, test the plug with bell technician. Their last idea was to call a technician myself and rewire my house, can you imagine.

Anyway, am a fair guy and told them i agreed to pay for a month of (service) and that I wanted a refund of the balance so I can wait until videotron comes to my house.

Considering all what i can read online on them, I think all my effort this Friday will be to send a single email to them, then ill use my legal insurance straight. Well its been 2 years am paying 40$ a year and i can use 15 000$ of lawyer in a year so i think they will have to taste that. This is the only advice I give you acanac, use my patience and yll spend much more in court

I will update u on my great refund or on the judgement.

Re: Cancellation

YES. Stop them from STEALING money from their customers.

said by YvesG :

I will update u on my great refund or on the judgement.

You want help why don't you register for the board and pm me your user information so I can pull up your account to see what is going on. Your threats with the lawyers will not work with me. I will do what I can for you without the threats. I can't help you here without knowing who you are or your account information.
By the way for the other poster here, we DO NOT steal anyones money. If protocol is followed you will receive your refund back if you have a bit of patience and wait till they reply to you.

Bye internet you could not have wanted help because I asked you above on november 8th I think, to email me with your user information so I could help you and you never did.

@host36-server.com

Re: Cancellation

Lawyer will be used in the next 5 working days after i send my email this friday, for sure I will give acanac a single chance. I dont want anymore help and ill tell you why.

1st: I called you enough and sent enough email at this time and I earn 22$/hour so if you agree to refund my wasted time in money Ill agree to spend more time .

2nd: I called bell and Videotron. Bell, the business network acanac is using told me they cant ofer more than 2 Mbit in my sector. And MAGICALY acanac can ofer some 5MBIT on the same network. Kind of contradictory, isnt it?

Ho and about the lawyer, I never make threaten its only to prevent loosing anymore time and money, this guy will do the job for me and he will get paid by my insurance, so from my point of view its only to SAVE money and time, but for sure on your side It may look like something else, considering all people that looks mad to acanac.

join:2012-01-16
What kind of protocol are you talking about?

I've been waiting for one month, and recenty receive one reply in my ticket saying I need to call them.

And guess what? Nobody answers the phone.

Maybe I can wait for one year and receive an email saying that I won't receive any refund because at that time it's over.

I don't know how this type of criminal activity can exist.

join:2012-01-24
Pointe-Aux-Trembles, QC

3 edits

Re: Acanac. inc.

If you read your agreement that you had to agree to when you signed up with us it says it says " UP TO 5 Mbps". If you are that far away from the central office and that is all that we can get you through our installers who are Bell then there is not much we can do. They probably tried to boost your speed while trouble shooting.

As far as how much someone makes a hour that does not mean anything to us. We are here for internet purposes only and amount someone makes makes no difference.

If you don't want to register and give me your info so I can see if I can help then I guess there is no point of asking you if I can help you.
dominic108

join:2012-02-09
Sherbrooke, QC
I don't know how many people are unhappy with Acanac. I just know that I am not happy with them and I see that I am not alone. What is typical is that whenever someone says in public that he is unhappy, some guy from Acanac comes and say that we should instead kindly ask their help. Of course, this is ridiculous because we obviously asked their help before. Still they manage to create the impression that the problem is that we did not ask their help appropriately. So, this smells very bad. What I would like is a way to get a neutral, unbiased view of how many people have problems with Acanac and in what kind of situations these problems emerge. The only way to achieve that is to have some authoritative agency, say a reputed journal, perhaps some governmental agency, do a review of Acanac. I don't care about a class action, but if it is a way to get a review of Acanac based on real complaints, then great.

Acanac auto-renew without a remind letter or email

Acanac has put a transaction of 900$ on my Credit Card on Feb 14nd 2012. The only communication I received was a bill invoice paid automatically. I had no word to say.

I sent them an email the same day to ask them to cancel my Internet and to refund me. I never received a remind letter or email to warn me that they would bill me soon. I wanted to cancel my internet with then from second month of usage because of numerous slow speed issue and hard time to connect to simple website. *I can tell you that gaming was hell all the way*.

After 15 days I sent my email, I didn't receive any update on the status of it. I tried to call their billing department, I got an automatic message that ask us to send them an email and hang up the line.

I then called their sales department *I know for a fact that company always want to make money ...* When I talked to the agent, she told me that she cannot process cancellation by phone ... WTH ... and that I had to wait for them to reply to my email ... I asked her if she could put my query at higher priority and she told me it wasn't possible and sending more email on my side would only end up resetting my ticket to be put at the bottom of the line ...

I'm telling anyone that consider to do business with Acanac TO NOT DO IT. They have clear way of doing business and there is law to protect consumer and they clearly don't follow them.

On my side, right now, I'm requesting a charge back procedure from my VISA card. If you didn't use a Credit Card *Amex, VISA, Mastercard*, You are stuck to do legal action against them in the hope to recover your money some day *usually a few years later*.

I would advice people stuck in this situation to do a collective action against Acanac.

On my side, I'm going to put a complaint at the same time to the Consumer Protection to pressure them to take action to fix their business policy.

Montreal, QC
I subscribed in 2011 for a 1 year discount Internet deal with Acanac. From start I had an horrible Internet experience. Slow speed, open ticket about it, never resolved. I had the intention to cancel it.

Acanac auto-renew without a remind letter or email

atreides10

join:2013-10-21
After browsing through several Acanac reviews, it would appear that customer service 'shines' in QC, but in other areas is quite lacking.

Several reviews indicate that tech support through text messaging does not have the customer continuing a thread with the same technician throughout.

Have had this same experience as well. Inconsistent answers / suggestions for corrective action, and even txt responses from Acanac asking questions answered in previous text. Looking through the text history, it is quite apparent that the responses are being handled by more than one person, and that each new person is not (can not?) review previous chat history before replying.

IMO this renders the SMS option for support useless; the option to contact tech support through SMS should just be removed completely until it can be improved - it seems to result in several negative reviews. Again, this refers to areas outside Quebec.