Uniserve page on DSLReports

Review by bulkley See Profile

• Location: Burnaby,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Bad "Custommer Service is terrible"

We moved from one city to another but Uniserve seems unable to. I'm stuck on dial-up. The problem is primarily with the Customer Service department. Nobody takes ownership of a problem. Customer Service operators all promise to look into the matter but no one does. Nobody does any sort of follow-up. Operators will promise to call me back to keep me informed, but no one does, not even the guy who claims to be a manager.

The technical issue is straight forward. Telus needs to hook up ADSL to my phone. The people issue is that someone in Uniserve Customer Service has to coordinate this and, so far, they can't even get the phone number right, no matter how many times I tell them. I might as well go out into the street and holler down a sewer.

Edited to add: We have been informed that it will be another seven days before Uniserve hooks us up to ADSL. Why? My wife finally got a manager to admit that Uniserve sub-contracts to another company to act as a go-between with Telus. Apparently, Uniserve no longer deals directly with Telus. Furthermore, Uniserve will not disclose the sub-contractor nor will it act on behalf of customers in order to solve problems. Every time a change is made, a fresh order goes to the sub-contractor who has a nine or ten day back log.

Edited to add: After all this, we have been informed that our ADSL will not be installed for another ten days. We have had enough and cancelled Uniserve. We will find another supplier.

Uniserve used to be very good. I dont know what has happend to them. It is a shame to see a company slide downhill like this.

Comments:

Review by westvv See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Good price, good service so far."
Bad "ping times are not good.around 10ms ping time oscillation amplitude"
Overall "No uniserve staff work in this forum"

I am based in east of Canada, it's ca.inter.net. I started my service two weeks ago. So far so good.

1. Installation: They contacted me during the process, gave me updated. Like problems, dates...

2. Billing: They charge 5M (unlimited) high speed 29.95 + Band B dry loop 7.95 + tax. It's 39.85 per month without contract if you have your own modem. A good price of monthly based.

3. Service stability: So far so good. It can reach my peak line speed. only one disconnection at 4th morning, maybe a network change.

4. Routes: They use Nlayer and montreal Telecom as upstreams service providers, and own BGP4 AS number 32984. Both above are good.

Totally I think it's good so far.

----------------
Update: ca.inter.net(Uniserve now) changed their uplink service provider from Nlayer to tiscali.net, they may want to merge both west and east operations(west Uniserve also use tiscali), at this point, still, I can not tell the difference between tiscali and Nlayer.

I have been with their service for one year, so far so good, they announced 75G cap, but still no deployment for us old customers. Let's wait and see how about the operation change.

Comments:

Review by bigbangnet See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "Customer support"
Bad "P2P Throttling but we can all blame bell and rare time outs"
Overall "Awesome cheap service for a 5m Highspeed service"

everything is good but like I said in my bad point, there stuck with the throttling because of Bell. Good price compared to other providers without a contract. I hate contracts. order went really fine and took 5 days in my case and because of my distance to the CO, I have full speed 5mb.

Uniserve gives zooms (pppoe by default)which are good but you could use other types of modem as well like speedstream or dlink dsl-300g.

sometimes they have timeouts here and there but every ISP has them. Also, there spam seems to be improving a lot lately which is really great if you ask me.

tech support is 24h support btw

Comments:

Review by rupture See Profile

• Location: Toronto, ON
Good "Good price, 24hr customer service and generally reliable DSL service."
Bad "Occasional disconnections and longer than anticipated wait times for tech support."
Overall "Good value for the money"

I had ca.inter.net (Uniserve) for approximately 11 months before I moved onto another ISP carrier. They had friendly customer service but I didn't find them to be all that knowledgeable when it came to the DSL field. The price was fair and the uptime was good. They would often email a few days before any anticipated outages. One thing I did not like were the disconnects that happened every few hours which required me to cycle my modem. Overall great ISP for Unlimited traffic.

Comments:

Review by Luckyguy8 See Profile

• Location: Vaudreuil-Dorion,QC
Good "good available support, DSL usually works"
Bad "Some major downtime and intermittent short term downtime"
Overall "alterntative is Bell Sympatico, which is likely worst"

did consider and tried Sympatico, was not great and am not a Bell fan
ordered inter.net max residential at 3MB download and 640K upload for $35 / month, including Zoom modem rental
order and install was smooth, about 4 days
Been on service for 18 months, speed is very good, but am frustrated at intermittent disconnect periods. Is the problem Bell line or Uniserve DSL, is a question i have been looking to answer?

Comments:

Review by Bablo490 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "customer service"
Bad "disconnection often"
Overall "it's OK"

Just started this week with Uniserve, they charge a full year in advance and so far it is nothing but disconnecting service. I haven't been able to be connected continuously more than 10min.