Internode page on DSLReports

Review by Hutch3 See Profile

• Location: australia
Good "Sales and Support exellent"
Bad "None."
Overall "Internode is one of the best in Australia"

I have been with this ISP for a 5-6 years now. I used to have standard ADSL @ speed 1500/256

I know have ADSL2+ for $50.00 AU. No Cap as a reward for being a long time customer. Also the price keeps going down every year. Speeds are stable. And i am happy.

member for 13.7 years, 3592 visits, last login: 1.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by mistral2099 See Profile

Good "Superb customer service, reliable connection."
Bad "Poorly coordinated churn from previous ISP, 5 days line disconnection"
Overall "Major hassle getting connected but once there, worth the effort."

Terrific, well-trained, personable and educated support people. Unlike virtually every other ISP in Australia I have used. Highly recommended.

August 2010--12m months later and these guys can do no wrong. BEST customer service imaginable, superb network reliability and lightning fast downloads. INTERNODE ROCKS. Just remember--if it's super-cheap, there's probably a good reason for it. I wouldn't change ISPs if someone paid me for it.

Comments:

Review by bombadill See Profile

• Location: australia
Good "ROCK SOLID CONNECTION. SERVICE FIRST CLASS"
Bad "COULD BE CHEAPER"
Overall "YOU COULD GET CHEAPER YOU WON'T GET BETTER"

Came up to ADSL2+ with very little hassle on change over.

Rocking along at 22,450 out of 25,000 on downloads.

Couldn't be happier

Comments:

Review by pony See Profile

Good "customer service"
Bad "none yet"
Overall "great value for money"

great service & support; a bit dearer than the cheapest but well worth the money.

Comments:

Review by Bradders See Profile

• Location: Providence,Providence,RI
Good "Very fast, very efficient, first with ADSL2+ in Australia"
Bad "They are constrained by the 900kg (i.e. 2.2 times heavier than a 900lb) gorilla in the form of Telstra. Bring on NBN!"
Overall "Highly professional ISP, pushing Australia to almost keep up with the rest of the world"

I have been connected to Internode since 2004.

I reviewed ISPs on www.whirpool.net.au I was looking for a plan without hidden costs. I started on 512/128kbps ADSL.

It took 4-5 months to connect. Between my house and the exchange was pair gain lines and other blocks. It took several months for Telstra to upgrade and install equipment to allow ADSL in this suburb. During this time Internode were in regular contact. As soon as it was available, I was contacted and lead through the connection process.

(The irony is that my suburb - Gungahlin - was supposed to be at the bleeding edge of telecommunications in Australia when it was announced in 1996. The reality was that parts of outback Northern Territory got ADSL before we did!)

The dominant telco in Australia is Telstra, a partly-privatised former state monopoly that owns all of the copper. Australian ISPs have to negotiate with Telstra to connect their customers to their gear.

Setup fee was $129, chargeable when the service was on-line.

Internode started building ADSL2+ exchanges in South Australia, as they are based in Adelaide. This included outback areas, which previously had no hope of ADSL. As the first Australian ISP to offer ADSL2+, Internode deserves much praise.

I upgraded to 1.5Mbps/256kbps connection at $69.95/month after spending time in Japan and Singapore where speeds were so fast and cheap, no-one seems to know how fast their connection is. (I actually trebled the speed of my sister's connection by tweaking.) The price increased to $79.95 a few months later with slightly more downloads but then started dropping. I was on a 25GB plan at $59.95 for a while.

I couldn't get ADSL2+ so a changed to "Easy Broadband" with 50GB at $49.95. This is the only Internode plan that meters uploads.

I also changed my phone provider to Internode Nodeline after trouble with the automatic billing system with Telstra lead to my phone being cut-off for a few weeks but since my ADSL kept working, who needs a phone?

The help desk has a handy message and call-back service. If you have been waiting for a few minutes on hold, you will get the option to leave your contact details. And they call you back!. This is much nicer than holding for 1 hour.

Internode is also quite honest about faults and doesn't hide service data that shows how good (or bad) the service is. They even publish live waiting times! What other ISP does that! »www.internode.on.net/about/perfo···t-times/

Internode is leading the charge to turn fraudband into broadband in Australia. More power to them against the forces of evil.

2010/03/11 UPDATE: It seems that my phone line has just been upgraded to an Internode DSLAM. I'm getting speed results over 1.5M down and 256k up, but things are a bit erratic. I'll tweak my ancient modem and try again.

Comments:

Review by Tedd7 See Profile

Good "Really awesome value for money, despite the high(er) price"
Bad "um, not free?"
Overall "I'll be with them for the foreseeable future"

Other options? Maybe Westnet, but they were more expensive for no discernible gain.
First it was 1.5Mbps - 10GB/month, then when Easy Broadband was introduced, I promptly switched over to that. Since then have gotten a large increase in monthly quota. A total 5-fold increase from where I started.
I started with nothing, not even an active phone line. Telstra activated the line in 2 days, Internode set up the NEXT DAY! I bought the modem from them and it arrived the same day as the account was set up.

I really enjoy the vast amount of unmetered content they offer, and regularly use it. Also like the option of buying one-time increases in quota for when I needed it. I also really appreciate the enormously competent Australian customer service, when everyone else is outsourcing. Internode, if you do nothing else, KEEP IT THAT WAY! Have had one outage that I know about (Not during the wee hours), and it totally wasn't their fault. Upstream provider (Starts with a T )

Top notch Internode. Very well done!

EDIT: Undisclosed location? Cairns, QLD

Comments:

Review by ilago See Profile

• Location: Australia
Good "Excellent trouble-free service"
Bad "I haven't found any"
Overall "Excellent performance at a reasonable price"

Update: I've now been with Internode for over 7 years. I still can't fault them. On the other hand, I have a Vodafone mobile broadband connection and I really can't find a nice word to say

I've been with Internode for 5 years. In that time I have gone from ADSL 256/64 to 512/128 to 1500/256 to ADSL2+ with almost no change in price. I've paid $AUD59.95 for the last 3 years. I chose them because they were the only ISP that would allow me to install my own DSL modem when I upgraded from dialup.They did not force me to pay for a technician to come and install it.

My original order went through exactly on the two weeks offered. I picked up my first modem from their office in person. They supplied a D-link 200. Australia has lagged behind many countries in the provision of broadband services.

All speed and plan changes have been on my monthly renewal date as promised and the service has been at the speed offered in the plan. One speed upgrade involved a charge at my choice. All subsequent changes have been at no additional cost. I provided my own modems after the D-link died and for the upgrade to ADSL2+.

In Australia this is outstanding service. Many ISPs provide very poor customer service and insist that they provide and set up modems for a charge. Some provide modems of poor quality and demand long contract periods with poor download allowances.

Very few providers give the level of service I have had from this company. Internode has become a major ISP in several states because of the level of service, rather than the costs. I am prepared to pay a small premium for the excellent service I have always had. I am currently on the extreme ADSL2+ plan for $AUD59.95 per month with a 20GB limit. My monthly fee has been the same since the one upgrade that occurred at my cost. I have a dynamic IP.

Their help desk speak english and live where the customers actually are. I have installed several ADSL systems as part of my work and each of them has been an Internode service (not by my choice). The service has been equally good in those cases.

»www.whirlpool.net.au is the reference point for all Australian ISPs. It has some very active forums. The hierarchy of Internode post regularly.

16 April 2008 As per the comment from System which made me laugh

"Here at the dslreports.com offices we still look back with pleasure at the day your review arrived. We all gathered around the printer as it clicked out those fateful words "I've been with Internode for 5 ..". After we were done reading, and tissues had been passed around, we framed the review and hung it on our wall where, to this day, it still has the power to move vistors to tears."

So here's an update. I've now been with Internode for a really long time - well over 6 years and they just increased my download limit by another 5GB per month so they are still great

Comments:

Review by scan06disk See Profile

• Location: West Newbury,Orange,VT
Good "Blisteringly Fast Speeds, excellent customer service and plenty of FREE UN-METERED STUFF !"
Bad "NOTHING !"
Overall "Internode, the best ISP in Australia !"

member for 6 years, 0 visits, last login: 6 years ago

Comments:

Review by alex32edin See Profile

Good "Great tech support staff - They know what they are talking about!"
Bad "None that I can find"
Overall "It does what it says on the box - A company that has pride in what it delivers"

These guys are just the best! Australia now has an ISP that delivers what its customers want and does it well.

Comments:

Review by flynny See Profile

• Location: australia
Good "Very reliable and speeds consistant considering auswide copper cond"
Bad "not to many if any"
Overall "A trendsetter in australian broadband communications, A leader"

cable, wireless large coverage