T-Mobile US page on DSLReports

Review by jbgroup1 See Profile

• Location: Dayton,Howard,MD
Good "Works well great call quality."
Bad "2G in some rural areas"
Overall "Great speeds, great calling and an overall good experience"

Got two phones with two different plans. My main phone which is a Galaxy S III has 500 anytime minutes and unlimited text and web (5GB at "4G" speeds). This plan also allows tethering. My other phone is a CM10 modded Galaxy S II and has the monthly US$30 unlimited text and 5GB data and 100 min. talk. This phone I use to tether my tablet for data while on the bus/train. Both plans have worked out so far and I have used the $30 plan for my data needs. It's good to have 10GB available per month. Overall I would say this is a great value.

10-Dec-2014:

I am now on the 4 lines for US$100 however one line is unlimited for US$30 more and another one has a 4.5GB cap for US $10 more. The other two lines are for 2.5GB. In 2016 The line's data caps fall to 3.5 on one line and 1GB on two others while the unlimited line continues. I have been generally happy with the coverage and greatly pleased the very few times I have had to contact customer service.

member for 14.6 years, 6003 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by buddahbless See Profile

• Location: Premium
Good "Flat rate prepaid @ $66 per mth for 2 lines, can use any TMO/gsm/unlocked phone"
Bad "coverage is still A little lackluster but good 4G speeds now"
Overall "For the price and the locations I frequent it works for me..."

UPdate: 11/11/14

Well here it is 2.5 yrs later and Im still on Tmobile I have to say they are definitely giving me the best bang for my buck, Currently I'm with the business plans under a larger company. At first I was a bit hesitant but found out if I ever have an issue I call Tmobile directly and they take care of the situation.

SO current I jumped in on the unlimited talk, txt and 2.5 GB of LTE data on each line With tethering Inc. so with 2 lines that comes out to $66 per month inc tax I cant beat that. My LTE speeds are rater impressive, even in some small cities such as Ocala FL where I snowbird I pull 39 mbps down and 10 mbps up on average. However the major highway access outside of major metros is still lackluster in spots ( i75, i4 & i95, FL turnpike). However with the new music freedom option that really is not so much of a problem even in some areas that drops to 2G the service streams pretty good ( for pandora anyway not so much for slacker).

I at one time considered Sprint as there offer is $60 for unlimited everything even high speed data for one line, as I own a unlocked Nexus 5 I could use there service with it, however before I jumped ship I was also interested in the TMO $80 plan for myself as it is Identical to the Sprint $60 plan, I'm at the edge of the ship ready to jump but then I read the fine print, WAIT the devil is in the details!

With TMO in there $80 plan it include tethering (hotspot) UP TO 5 GB of it, Sprints plan did not offer that. As Im on the road a lot and tether my laptop I need this function as Im not willing to carry or pay for a second device just to do what my nexus 5 can do freely. Upon checking with sprint to just use 6GB of there unlimited there giving me in there $60 plan I would need to pony up and extra $50. Wait What? Yes so even though Sprint is advertising all over how there $60 plan is more affordable compared to TMOs $80 plan, to have ALL the same features ( tethering included) it would cost me $110 on Sprint per month VS TMOs $80. In the end I ran across The Harbor site that gave me 2.5 GB inc Tether. So I when I to look at my usage in the winter months Im usually around 2GB of tether now per month as I travel a lot less. I can always upgrade my line come spring if needed.

But in the end T-Mobile won my business again.. Now if they could just ether acquire some rural roaming or get in good on the upcoming 600 mhz auction and expand that into rural areas I would be a totally happy camper.

Original post....

Well I've had a hate love relationship with cell phone carriers for as while ( from the time they started number porting) from sprint , to virgin, ATT and verizon to name a few. The last 1 yr Ive pretty much been on Tmobile prepaid for the $50 and $60 unlimited plan. It works for me, while I'm on contract work I purchase the $60 plan for that month as I'll need a lot of data while Im on the go and times when Im Off I'll drop my rate to the $50 plan. The one main positive is I can use any Tmobile phone I want on there prepaid plan, CAN'T do that with Verizon, ATT, or Sprint. I have A G2X and I use it to wireless tether my laptop and media player to the Internet and it works great, As a matter of fact Im using it right now writing this review while typing on my HP elite book. Over all for the price against the big three its the best bang for your buck when it comes to flexibility. However against Spring and there MNVOs when Tmobile throttles you you might as well say good buy to all the fun stuff your use to. the only thing its good for afterwards is just basic web surfing...

I notice no matter if you have the $50, 60, or 70 plan after you get throttled you will not download anything faster than 90-118 kbps and the average I get is around 79 kbps in places around Florida. and your upload will vary between 110 and 180 kbps. So yes you will actually get a faster upload than download once throttled. thats a big difference from what the normal 4G speed now is, around 10mbps (or 10,000 kbps). Dropping from 10,000 to less than 100. as you know is a big change!

Also surely enough using and android phone with many apps updating can take forever once the throttle is put in place. Also one month I downgraded to the $50 plan I decided to let the phone do a google/ android app update and it ate through over 1/2 of the 100mb at 4G in just an hour with just the updates alone. so the phone really becomes just a basic web surfing phone with a pretty screen after day one. Just a word to the wise.. Id prefer truly unlimited 3G web on my phone vs. the threshold then throttled 4g that t mobile is currently offering.

Over all a good fair price and great for those who want to use a high end phone if if its only just for show.

>>>>UPDATE>>>>

recently moved services to Walmart Family mobile for a test run as of Feb 2012 and I couldn't pass up the limited time offer of unlimited 3G web with talk and txt, and I must say Im happier but not satisfied. well it does take a lot to please me. But lets start off with the fact that walmart mobile is simply just T-mobile postpaid without a contract. OK pros and cons...

. Lets start off with the fact that Walmart sells there service as unlimited T,T,& 3G web for $45. however you have to add taxes to that $45 becomes $50 after taxes and fees.

. You can only pay through Walmart and you must pay your bill on-time or there is a $5 fee.

. There unlimited talk and text is just that it it covers all of Tmo's network and some of there roaming partners but there unlimited 3G web is far from 3G

. T-mobile real 3G on my phone which is a 4G phone usually tops out around 5mbps on walmart mobile the highest Ive ever hit was 1.1 mbps. and this is coming from the same tower that before I switched I was receiving 9.2mbps on Tmo's 4g plan

.So that proves the Walmart service is being throttled and full 3G is NOT available.

. However the 5GB of data threshold is a LOT more gracious than Tmo's 100mbs for $50.

.Even at 1.1 mbps you still have enough throughput to tether any devices you have and be able to stream pandora, youtube, etc with no problem something that is impossible to do once Tmo throttles you after your 100mbs.

.You dont need a walmart mobile phone just a sim as you can use almost any T-mobile phone, with a few exceptions.

. In comparison to An offer from a company called simple mobile with walmart mobile you get more bang for your buck Simple's unlimited 3G plan actually only gets up to 256mbps.

.With Walmarts Plan you can add lines and save $10 per line something you CAN'T do with Tmo's own prepaid or simple mobiles plans.

. Im paying $50 for what TMO charges you for $70 a month for high speed internet access of 5GB. Im saving $240 a year and thats the real big picture.

So in conclusion Im happier however not still fully satisfied. if they would allow you to get your full 3G I'd rate it 8 out of 10. I have yet to deal with a customer support issue so that my mean +1/-1 in the grading scale.

member for 9.7 years, 302 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by cmarslett See Profile

• Location: Pflugerville,Travis,TX
Good "Cheap, good coverage except east of the UTexas campus, European coverage."
Bad "Nothing right now!"
Overall "Excellent on the road, at the airport, and tethering works great!"

We have 5 phone lines (2 Note 3s, 1 Note II, 1 Google Nexus GSM & 1 LG Optimus 9) and one tablet line (iPAD Air).

T-Mobile service is working out better than I expected. Support at the T-Mobile store is far better than my past experience with Verizon and AT&T. Web site and pre-sales support is their weak spot.

Unlimited voice/text/data is $110+ total: that's for 4 phone lines and maybe 4 tablet lines (promo through 2015). More lines are $10 each. 2.5GB of 4G data is the current promo for high speed data, after end of 2015, this reverts to 1GB of 4G data for phones and 512MB for tablets.

Includes free tablet line for each phone line, so I'm paying $140 (plus about $25 in extra fees) for the 6 lines total including the JUMP charge for the three newest phones (I may drop that, it's not a great deal). Free tethering, free data and text in Europe. THAT'S CHEAP.

SpeedTest.net tells me I get 70 ms pings and 2-7 Mbit down with 1-2 Mbit up these days. That's a bit slower than I got last year, probably because T-Mobile's "uncarrier" promos are overloading their backbone and towers. Still plenty fast though I think the spec for HSPA+ is 21 Mbit and LTE is twice that..

I would like better coverage (central Austin seems to be a black hole!). Otherwise, service is as good as it started out being.

Netflix looks as good as it could on a 5" screen. And of course tethering to my laptop in airports is a really good deal, too. Thank you, T-Mobile!

member for 8 years, 173 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ArizonaSteve

8-9 Mbit down?

Do you really get 8-9 Mbit down? Are you sure that's right? It doesn't seem possible since their "4G" is just the old 3G that was renamed but still runs at the same speed as evidenced by the fact there is no 3G anymore. Here in the Phoenix area there is no 3G now, just "4G" some places at about 2.7Mb and Edge everywhere else at 127Kb and it's too slow for any of the Android apps to work.
Their 3G used to connect at 7Mb and give a speed of about 3Mb but now the "4G" actually seems to be slower at 2.7Mb.
cmarslett

join:2006-11-22
Pflugerville, TX
·Clearwire
·NetTalk
·Clear Wireless
·Clearwire Wireless

Re: 8-9 Mbit down?

Not reliably, as I mentioned. I can download a 1.1 GB file and get that kind of speed at 2AM. I've done it 2-3 times just to verify it. That's tethered to my laptop, since even a high end phone with a fast SDcard can't handle that rate (as far as I can tell - Gnex can't, and a Nexus One with a C10 microSD both peak out at about a quarter of that).

But when the towers get really congested I have even seen the up/down drop to around 300kbit/600kbit (yeah, upload faster than download!).

And you're right about the 3G going away, here too, if I use HSPA+ I get a good signal in my office (Gnex). If I connect with the older 3G or HSPA(-) using my Nexus One, it drops out regularly. I suspect they are killing circuits right and left.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
I have no problem downloading at over 20Mb/s down in northern Virginia, NYC, and Chicago using my HTC amaze 4g

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21

difference between 3G/4G TMO and ATT service

this may help explain the difference in terminology TMO and ATT (before LTE) use to describe there 3G and 4G service.
HSPA = 3G
HSPA+ =4G
»www.differencebetween.com/differ···hnology/

Re: difference between 3G/4G TMO and ATT service

That's not true for T-Mobile who seem to have come up with their own standards. Here in AZ for 3G they use HSPA+ on 1700Mhz. It connects at 7Mb and gives you an actual speed of about 3Mb down, 1-2Mb up. For 4G they use something called WCDMA on 1760Mhz but that only works in or around T-Mobile stores since there isn't much coverage anywhere else. The 4G speed measures just 4-5Mb though even with 5 bars at the store, it's not really fast like they claim.

Review by sk1939 See Profile

• Location: Laurel,Prince Georges,MD
Good "Cheap, decent 4G speeds, good coverage area."
Bad "Does not work in tunnels, some rural areas, metro/train stations."
Overall "Decent cost/benefit for Voice and Data"

I first got T Mobile way back before Cingular merged with AT&T to form AT&T Wireless. At the time I was using AT&T prepaid, but somehow during the transition with Cingular (around 2005), I not only lost service, but lost my entire account as well. Still needing a cell phone I signed up with T-Mobile which included 300 minutes for what was a relatively reasonable $25 a month (never used all of them). A few years later, around 2007, I moved to a family plan that I have been happy with, and added data and text to a single line for a few dollars more a month. All in all, 3 lines with text ($5 for 500 messages) and 200MB ($15) on one line for

member for 4.1 years, 1700 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ArizonaSteve

$30 Unlimited Data?

Have you noticed they are selling a plan with Unlimited Data and Text for just $30/mo no contract at Walmart? Only 100 minutes though. The plan with Unlimited Data, Voice and Text is $50. Not sure how you get it exactly, looks like buying a new phone is required.

sk1939
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA

Re: $30 Unlimited Data?

I hadn't noticed actually. However, I do have 3 lines on this plan, two of which are still under contract.
tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
·T-Mobile US
I'm currently using the 5GB-4G .. over 2G unlimited messaging, $30 Walmart plan. And yes, I did purchase a Samsung exhibit II 4g from a local Walmart store for $199.

And if you charge up your account with a few extra $, extra minutes over 100 a month are $0.10 per minute.

All in all .. it's a good deal..

Review by cb14 See Profile

• Location: Miami Beach,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "price, plans, customer service,no contract, metro connection quality,GSM carrier"
Bad "rural coverage "
Overall "strongly recommended"

On edit 2014/10/15 getting better and better. Due to increase in customer numbers, sometimes longer waits for CS.

On edit 2014-06-04
I have changed my legacy plan to the new unlimited minutes, texting and 500MB data capped for $ 40/month plus about $ 9.90/month in taxes and junk fees.
There is an overall improvement noticeable lately, although some issues remain. TMO is by far the best of the big four, nobody coming even close.

On edit 2013/10/06
Connection reliability has improved somewhat lately, I am upgrading the rating.

I have service with TMO US for over 6 years I have a legacy 1500 minute voice plan for 39.95 plus about $ 9.80 in taxes and junk fees and an unlocked Nokia C3-01.
I cannot comment much on data, because I use data on the phone only via wi-fi.
TMO used to have an exceptional customer service, unfortunately it got significantly worse lately . Also the signal and connection quality decreased over the last 18 months. The problems are most pronounced with 2G services- there are rumors that TMO moved away a part of their 1900 Mhz PCS spectrum.The formerly excellent coverage maps were replaced with optimistic, unreliable propaganda maps( like the other carriers). Some rough business practices popped up lately, like the lightning fast disconnecting of service once the account is past due.
Rural coverage is not great in many areas. I use a Verizon prepaid as a back up.Calls get forwarded to once I am out of coverage- a great feature.
Choice of phones is not great, but an advantage of a GSM carrier is the availability of vast selection of unlocked GSM phones on Amazon.
Having said all of that, I still consider T-Mobile USA the best choice out of the 'big four'

Comments:
dickybilly

·magicjack.com

TMO is fine but change to their cheaper prepaid plans

I too have been a TMO legacy customer for 7 years. Currently I pay $65/mo incl fees for unlimited voice. Text is 20cents/msg, data @ $2/mb since I don't use much data. Locally in the Dallas TX region I've never had an issue with quality of voice, text and 3G data. When I travel to south FL the TMO 2G and voice service is terrible but the 3G/4G is better.
I'm about to kill my current plan (I haven't had a contract with TMO for years) for a TMO prepaid $30/mo 1500 minutes voice/text and 30mb data/month. One has to be crazy to continue to pay for the higher TMO rate plans.
I've also had TMO@home broadband voice for years. Service has never been a problem but paying $13/mo incl fees for home voice is steep considering cheaper MagicJackPlus service (which I've tested as fine but watch out for them nickel and diming you over service costs).
I'm about to drop TMO@home because once I go prepaid for TMO cell service they won't allow me to keep TMO@home service. I'm porting my phone# to MagicjackPlus service for less than 1/2 the cost/year than TMO@home. I may be one of the few people who are satisfied with MJPlus.
TMO technical support is getting rough over the phone or chat online. Sometimes good most times spotty. Customer service in-store is spotty..if you find a good rep stick with him or her otherwise keep looking in other stores until you find one you can depend on who knows TMO. BTW, don't trust anything an in-store rep sez w/o doing your own investigation of plans and rates. DO NOT sign up for anything w/o leaving the store and checking first.
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
·MegaPath

Re: TMO is fine but change to their cheaper prepaid plans

Actually your post is incorrect. TMO does care what phones you attach to their network. They have a clause that any phone that is NOT purchased from their actual Corp. Stores or via www.t-mobile.com they do not have to support not allow it on their network. They have had that clause since using the Voice Stream brand. Phones from dealers also fall into that category of does not have to be supported.

please reread my post
"I've twice brought my own GSM phone over the internet and connected them to TMO w/o any issue on their part. They don't care what phone you connect to their network."

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL
·callwithus
·localphone.com
·Google Voice
·Callcentric
·magicjack.com
Before you decide to go with prepaid please consider that prepaid TMO plans are in network only, meaning NO ROAMING which will make the not so great rural coverage far worse. With the worsening performance of the TMO voice services in South FL I already have to use a Verizon prepaid phone as a back up.
It is your choice, but before you spend money porting your number to Magic Junk you may want to port it to Google Voice, get a Obi 100 for $ 40.- and enjoy a free service with voice quality way above MJ. Plus , you can put a second provider on your Obi, e.g. the free NYC DID from Callcentric on pay as you go for outgoing calls.
To the other poster : TMO does not provide technical support for a non- TMO phone, which means if you have a problem with the handset you have to contact the manufacturer, but otherwise they SUPPORT them.

Re: TMO is fine but change to their cheaper prepaid plans

Thanks for the suggestions. Luckily my South FL travel areas don't include (I think) roaming areas but I have to investigate further. Generally my SFL area is the I-95 corridor between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, west to the BB&T Center in Sunrise where voice/data is the worst but still in network.
As for MagicJack, for my local area it's fine and I welcome your suggestion, thanks.

The biggest issue I have with roaming is many people (including TMO instore staff) have told me roaming is not included ... and I believe it...however the TMO website for the prepaid plans sez "National coverage with no roaming charges"...
I suppose in TMO doubletalk they mean no roaming charges because they don't allow roaming off their national network. the TMO phone must go dead for out of network calling when on a prepaid plan.

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL
·callwithus
·localphone.com
·Google Voice
·Callcentric

Re: TMO is fine but change to their cheaper prepaid plans

You are correct. In the area you described you do not need roaming indeed.
Love the doubletalk ! Basically it means that you do not have to pay for what they do not offer. Very generous, I would say.

Review by jackbookpro See Profile

• Location: Fort Collins,Larimer,CO
Good "Insanely fast LTE. Better coverage and performance every day. Contract free."
Bad "Spotty coverage in rural areas."
Overall "No better deal in wireless. Fastest speeds. Cheapest data."

About 1 year ago I chose to jump ship with AT&T after they decided to start severely throttling my unlimited data plan. I could not be happier with the decision to switch. No-contract is wonderful and BYOD is actually PROMOTED by T-Mobile.

T-Mobile's network is insanely fast. When I first switched our area (Fort Collins) didn't eve have LTE yet, but one of the best prices of T-Mobile is their super fast 3G+ network TMo's DC-HSPA+ network is actually significantly faster than AT&Ts LTE, averaging at ~20Mbps down and ~5Mbps up. About 3 months in, our area was upgraded to LTE and the speeds are incredible. T-Mobile installed 10+10Mhz AWS LTE and I regularly see speeds around town as fast as 60Mbps. When visiting Minneapolis, one of TMo's 15+15 markets, I saw speeds of over 80Mbps. Crazy!

These speeds would be useless without unlimited data, and so far I have used up to 150GB in a month and seen no throttling. Somewhat of a well loved secret on T-Mobile is that if you bring an unlocked android phone, you can use your unlimited plan for tethering and basically replace cable.

The one downside for all this speed is spotty coverage in some areas, but I've actually experienced rural coverage improving and T-Mobile seems to be very actively upgrading their network at an incredible pace. I look forward to seeing the rollout of 700Mhz later this year to witness how this affects euro coverage.

Overall I have been incredibly pleased. Technical support has been fantastic and store employees have been knowledgeable. A world of difference from my expiriences with both Comcast and AT&T. I hope T-Mobile continues with their innovative business model and continues to evolve its network at the current pace.

Comments:
greatshow09

join:2013-07-07
Minneapolis, MN

OMG That LTE -It gets up to 20mbps faster than my house.

T-Mobile's new network is amazing. If you get LTE, you surely wont be disappointed.
Speeds reach as high as 60-70mbps where it's available.

Review by mark760 See Profile

• Location: Milwaukee,Milwaukee,WI
Good "easy to set up"
Bad "capped, but most generous"
Overall "internet in a hurry, best bet"

my dsl went down on a saturday....Was told the following thursday would send someone to look at it. Hopped in my car and went to wally world and picked up a 4g hot spot with 5 gigs for $50. In minutes was online. Granted my speeds arent the greatest, but it is better than nothing. I am pretty easy to please, just make the process simple and have the service be reliable.

Comments:

Review by Zenit See Profile

• Location: Purcellville,Loudoun,VA
Good "Cheap - $100 for 4 lines with unlim. talk/text + 1GB data, Great CS, Fast"
Bad "EDGE remaining in the network, Poor Indoor coverage"
Overall "Excellent service for the money if you can get coverage. Pushing change in the industry."

·Verizon Online DSL
Update September 8 2014:
More and more 3G HSDPA and 4G LTE keeps popping up - looks like they are on track for the end of 2015 for total replacement of the EDGE network.

Our high speed cap has been increased to 1GB for free, the addition of free music streaming is nice for when I am in urban areas. Once the network refarm is done I will be able to use streaming music most of the time when driving.

Voice Quality on the EDGE network has improved slightly - this is probably an anecdotal observation.
Indoor coverage is poor unless the building is made of Drywall/Wood and or right next to the tower. Concrete and Metal destroys the high frequencies T-Mobile uses. A phone with a really good antenna is an ok band-aid for this along with VOIP.

Update June 27 2014:
T-Mobile continues to improve its network in the NOVA region. 3G HSDPA and 4G LTE is now available in more places than ever before. Family member with an iPhone 5s got 25mbit down, 7 up on their LTE in a dense area.

They increased our data cap from 500MB to 1GB for free. Cant complain. In the 7 years we were with AT&T, we got NOTHING for free.
I have uploaded 3 speedtests to this review - 1 on LTE, 2 on 3G.

Update Jan 31 2014:
T-Mobile coverage continues to improve, I am running into EDGE less and less in the Northern VA region. Most of the suburban and urban areas east of the Blue Ridge Mountain can get 4G LTE or 3G HSDPA service. The 4g/3g tower near my house was re-calibrated - the signal now makes it inside at 3 bar strength - speed measured at 4mbit down, 2 up. Better than my old VZ DSL!

The quality of the EDGE networks voice has noticeably dropped, though. Half the time the voice quality sounds like one of the old analog long distance circuits that are long gone. Call quality on the refarmed 3G is very good.
Texting has been reliable, messages don't end up lost in the network for hours.

I am no longer using an iPhone 4, switched to a hand-me-down Motorola Atrix. The antenna in the Atrix is much better and I see less odd tower ping-ponging than I did with iOS. Cyanogenmod allows me to specify what network technology my phone will stay put on (currently its set to HSDPA only).

A family member on this plan recently upgraded to the iPhone 5S - T-Mobiles LTE service is as fast as our home internet from Comcast most of the time (20-30mbit down)! This really stunned me. Of course, a wireless connection is NOT a replacement for a wired connection.

The day when most of the EDGE towers are replaced with 3g and LTE towers will be a great day...
Concerned about the future with the possible Sprint buyout.

Update Sept. 29 2013:
T-Mobile has recently begun re-farming towers near my house. I see 3G popping up on my iPhone at random while at home. Unfortunately, an EDGE only tower is closer, and overtakes it.
They ARE investing in their network, and once all the early-2000s EDGE 2g equipment is replaced, their network will look a LOT better.

Looking forward to it. A healthy T-Mobile is good for competition.

-Original Review-

We switched from AT&T in March of 2013. AT&T CS was apathetic to our concerns of high cost with limited features (no texting, unlimited talk, and only 200mb of data on 2 lines + 2 plain lines was $200 a month!). AT&Ts representatives were so bad that we decided to switch to T-Mobile. We kept our AT&T phones (iPhone 4, and 2 Android devices + 1 dumbphone)

The savings have been worth it. No longer do we have to worry about sending a text, or using the data features on our phones. While the data is not unlimited, most of T-Mobiles network in Virginia is EDGE anyways, so we never use up our high speed data cap. In areas where the re-farmed 3G is present, the service is excellent. Data speeds are a consistent 4Mbit down, 1 up. Tethering works very well.

Even the EDGE network is OK. It is sufficient for checking email, navigation, iMessage, and quick lookup of information via the Opera browser (which compresses images to make the internet bearable on a 20k connection).

There are more dead zones than what we had with AT&T, but we can forgive this easily.

T-Mobiles CS is excellent. In the beginning we had some SIM activation issues, as well as billing. They actually gave us back more money than they owed due to the billing issue, as a gesture of good service.

I hope they will continue to improve their existing network and upgrade the EDGE only towers to modern equipment. If they continue doing what they have been doing, they will be in a position to compete with AT&T for customers that dont need coverage in deep rural areas. T-Mobile tends to cover small towns, highways, and cities well. (Of course, its EDGE for the time being in most places)

member for 2.6 years, 786 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

StevenP88

join:2010-11-01
Springfield, MO
·CableOne

AT&T Prcing

Actually AT&T has unlimited talk,text and 6 GB of data which includes 4 phones for 250 a month, that's the plan I have with them and the service and internet speed away better than T-Mobile any day, even the call quality is much better, I have a business plan with them since I have my own company, Premiere support is AMAZING and they will bend over backwards for you, I have 4 lines on my account, 1 for my brother and 1 for his fiance, 1 for myself and 1for my partner.. I would give AT&T another look, and honestly they are not that bad, I have never dropped a call or lost service with them, were as with T-Mobile we struggled to even get service even though supposedly provide perfect service here.. PLUS I can have 10 lines on one account with no deposits ever and even start a second account with the same amount of lines and still no deposit lol
medbuyer

join:2003-11-20

Re: AT&T Prcing

except not everybody can have premier access like you...they only give you that since they can milk more money out of your business that you're giving to them...

even after you're paid for the phone unit, you're still paying for the price which in the end amounts to almost 3 phones after paying for service for 24 months...

let's see if you can figure that out and do the math...

Review by clone See Profile

• Location: Portage,Porter,IN
Good "Just converted my main line to T-Mobile and Loving it!"

I've had two cell phones for years, one for business and one for personal use. I keep Verizon for business use, but my personal line I bounce around here and there as the deals come and go. I finally got a *good* handset on T-Mobile and I have to say I'm very impressed. Coverage is very handset dependent, I've noticed, as my G2 provides excellent service, while iPhone and Nokia Lumia 925 left a lot to be desired. Speeds are consistent, I've never seen lower than 14 Megabit/sec on the download anywhere in the greater Chicago area. In the outlying areas things can get a bit more spotty, but I don't generally stray too far out of the area and I've never been without reception except deep in the bowels of some buildings where I would use Wi-Fi anyway.

Anyway, if you live in a good reception area (in or near a city) from T-Mobile give them a try. Obviously, they aren't for the rural users in most of the country, but beyond that no complaints from me!

Comments:

Review by Acct101 See Profile

• Location: Bensalem,Bucks,PA
Good "Very happy with T-Mobile. Their customer service is five stars. "

One of the best decisions I made was going to T-Mobile. Their customer service department has been very patient and helpful guiding me through any concerns I had or walking me through issues i had with the phone. From day one, they treated me like family and because of this, I would never switch.

member for 3.2 years, 548 visits, last login: a few minutes ago