Red Ball Internet page on DSLReports

Review by insomx See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Good coverage, realible and stable"
Bad "Little tight on download restrictions"
Overall "Great service, great ISP"

I have since canceled their service due to my usage. I would need the 500MB plan for what I do and I can't afford it. 100MB (what I had) isn't that much usage at all. It's really only 5MB a day (that's not including weekends), not enough to even check your email and read a couple news pages. Let alone research for projects etc. I guess it just isn't for me.

Other than their service plans, their customer service is excellent and there coverage is OK.

-------

Red Ball internet (»redballinternet.ca) is an excellent ISP. Their tech. support is knowledgeable and friendly.

The Download is 1mbps and upload is 386K. For 12.95 a month, (plus 8.95 rental of PCMCIA card) you get 100MB a month (what I have). Since I only use this for school, 100MB is enough as I have my own internet connection at home. For that price I think they could include more, but since they are just starting out, I guess it is reasonable.

They plan cover all of New Brunswick someday so that is great news. Their coverages maps are spot on and there don't seem to be any dead spots (even in concrete buildings). I am glad to see a great Canadian company such as this pop up in my "neck of the woods".

member for 11.5 years, 2818 visits, last login: 4.7 years ago