Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico Ltd. page on DSLReports

Review by carlosrsr0 See Profile

• Location: Arecibo,Arecibo,PR
Good "Speed, Voice Quality, Price & the TV works perrfectly"
Bad "In my house the signal levels are the worse ever."
Overall "After 10 calls in ten days...I like It!!!"

Since in Puerto Rico the cable companies have a monopoly in their franchise area, we can't have IPTV or another cable company in the area. My options were DSL with 1M for 40.00 or 3M for 35.00 guess what I choose. I called to Liberty they oriented me pretty good, the installer came at the day/time promised. he installed me 2 cable boxes and one VoIP modem, the TV worked instantly, but the modem, I'll have to wait about an hour for activation. I waited, the modem didn't worked. I called the cable company, the installer came back throw another line from the pole, but still no data. He called Liberty and requested a trench (underground cable line, the current one had 3 years w/o use. So I had to wait 2 days more, the Cable guy came did it and it worked!!! wait...a couple of hours later, poof, no data again. Call again, to make the story shorter, 5 different cable guys have been here in the past week. Now its working.

Update November 25th

For the last week my connection is working pretty good. I'm glad that have not called Help Desk.

Comments:

Review by jrivera86 See Profile

• Location: Dorado,Dorado,PR
Good "They offer Cable/Internet and VOIP with reasonable pricing for PR"
Bad "Service and reliability is terrible"
Overall "If I had another ISP with cable modem service in my area I would have switched"

Contract speed is 1Mbps for $59.99, rather expensive but on par with other ISPs offering same bandwith in Puerto Rico. They use DHCP...

My experience with Liberty is very erratic.. everything may work fine as promised for a couple of months and then everything goes down...bandwith shrinks as low as 25Kbps at peak hours (7:00p.m.-11:00p.m.) and sometimes they can be down for as long as 2 days.

You have to make as much as 8 service calls sometimes for any problem in the area to get fixed and customer service personnel and pc technicians are not that knowledgeable...you know more than them when they go to your house to cover a service call...last time they switched me to a static IP address in order to solve a problem that lasted from November 26th, 2006 up to December 29th 2006. That seemed to solve the problem for now, but they went down again for 2 days 3 days ago, and the service was down in many areas they cover in Puerto Rico. I have to stick with them because DSL is not available in my area and Onelink (previously Adelphia) does not cover my area nor does Satellite or Centennial wich has instant internet (a modem/router thru wireless signals)

Comments: