DIRECTV page on DSLReports

Review by fractal67

• Location: Winchester,Clark,KY
Good "incompetent"
Bad "fraudulent?"
Overall "More than one way to overcharge"

When I cancelled my Direct TV account last November, they overcharged my
credit card by $549. When I challenged this charge with the credit card
company, Direct TV did not respond to the card company's inquiries so they
reversed the charges. In addition, DirectTV alleges that they mailed me a
refund check for $549. I have not received this check. During a
conversation on January 23, I told a company representative that I had not
received the check and suggested that they stop payment on it and reconcile
my account because the amount of this check is the only amount that I owe
them. They refused claiming that the best that they could do is reissue
the check in 60 days if the check remains uncashed, but in the meantime I
still need to reimburse them for this check that they supposedly sent me.
Today (2/2) a representative told me that the check has been cashed and
that I need to pay the bill. They are researching the check and I can call
back in 10 days about this check. In the meantime I am supposed to pay
them money that I do not owe them.

Annette McGrew

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Jay FR Va

@embarqhsd.net

Direct TV, straw that broke the camel's back.

I finally had enough and kicked Direct TV to the curb after my system quit working again for the third time in the past 5 years. I've been using them since the 90's, and over the years I've watched the programming get worse, and the pricing increase. Their current offers are cheaper than what they are willing to give to their "loyal customers" unless you threaten them with cancellation. After being a loyal customer for 10+ years, I shouldn't have to threaten them, to get them to repair the system again.

My system went out a few days ago. I contacted DTV last night, and asked if they would repair the system once again? Answer was no, unless I paid them $50 or agreed to a monthly service agreement on top of the $128 I already give them a month. I said OK, I really don't want a service call, nor a protection plan. I am thinking about upgrading to HD anyway, can you upgrade my package (going to hd requires a new install anyway). Reply, no dice, we don't have any offers for you.

So today I call them back to cancel my account, but wait, now they want to bend over backwards and kiss my a**. They want to repair the system for free and give me a new package. But you know what, to hell with them, I should not have to threaten these bozos just to get them to fix their crappy equipment or offer an upgrade to me that they are offering to their new customers. These people are just as bad as some used car salespeople.

I'm done with DTV, I've ordered Dish instead, maybe they will do better, maybe not. I guess there always is cable

Review by GINA MM See Profile

• Location: Granby,Hampshire,MA
Bad "all they tell you are lies and its a scam"
Overall "the people you talk to over the phone are so clueless! and make up crap"
Mail,DNS,News:

1st Id like to start off by saying iv had to call direct tv 4 times in two days. I began by calling to sign up for direct tv. I spoke with a man who told me that I could get 150 channels and internet for $59.99 a month, with the free movies channels ( HBO, SHOWTIME, ect) for 3 montha. I thought that was a great deal. and plus I had a refer a friend and get 10 bucks off plus another 10 bucks off with my AAA membership. the man told me that id have to call a different number for the AAA discount cuz he was unable to do it. ok fine, not a big deal. I call the number, a woman answered and said she was unable to process it cuz she was the wrong department and mentioned that i could only use one discount at a time. so I called back the main number to talk to someone about it. she said she was able to give me both disounts. I thought great! that was easy to deal with. then she tells me i have to be charged $21.23 in order to use my AAA for the shipping, handling and processing. which is crap since they advertise everywhere that you dont have to pay for ANY of this. so whatever i agreed... the stupid lady charged me twice! so i had to call back and have them credit my account.

ok so now I call the number the 1st man I spoke with to have someone hook up my internet which is verizon, comes to find out that price he gave me DID NOT include the internet! it was another $30.00! plus tax and i also had to pay $44.00 for the modem and installation! AND i had to pay extra for a phone that i didnt want in the 1st place since i have a cell phone. I told the woman the issues iv had that day with direct tv. so she told me she would wave the $44.00 and she would put that in the comfirmation letter, so in the end of our coversation I mentioned about her putting it in the comfirmation letter and she said that the FEES were waved for that day so i didnt have to pay it that day but id get the bill in the mail! now correct me if im wrong but waiving a fee means i dont get charged! not delay the charge to a later date. need less to say with all this B.S I didnt go through with it. I went with charter instead where i dont need a phone.

The next day i called them back to ask them something about the mvoie package deals they advertised online, they told me the price, i mentioned id have 20 bucks off a month with my discounts. well now they are saying that i CANT have both!!!!!! after everything I went through with this company and the bad expeirence im cancling my cable as well!!!!!! I cant believe this place and how these employees all say something different and when I ask to speak with a supervisor or manager they wouldnt let me! she talked to them but had me on mute so i have no idea if she was even telling her boss my correct infomation. I am done with this company and i will NEVER reccomend them to anyone! On the AAA websiter its says you can use both discounts and dirct tv told me I could then I couldnt. they all have differnt stories and this is the worst company ever! I wish I read the reviwews before signing up. However atlease im not stuck in a contract! thats the only good thing coming out of my experience. VERY POOR customer service!

Comments:
ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

Should have done some research first...

Apparently everyone but you knows that DirectTV is just TV and doesn't include internet.
join:2012-06-11

DirecTV uses Deceptive practices dealing with customers~!

Re: Should have done some research first...

The real issue here is that DirecTV "customer NO service" must be the worst customer NO service in ANY consumer business period.

I was a good customer, paid with autopay, and fulfilled my two year contract to the T. When I called to cancel it was an absolute nightmare, and was THE WORST customer NO service I have EVER dealt with in ANY business in my entire 30 years of dealing with customer service reps

Re: DirecTV uses Deceptive practices dealing with customers~!

Direct TV expects me to pay for a refund check that I never received. When I cancelled my service, Direct TV overbilled me by more than $500. I thought my credit card protected me by reversing the charge. When they did that, Direct TV claims to have issued a check for the overcharge. Now, I am supposed to repay them for this "error" even though I have never received this check. On Jan. 23, this check had not been cashed and I suggested that they stop payment. They claimed that they could not do that. The best they could do is reissue the check in 60 days, but in the meantime I should pay the amount that I "owe" them. Now, the check has supposedly been cashed and I can call in 10 days to find out the results of their research, but in the meantime, I should pay the bill they invented.

Review by candysofia24

• Location: Seneca,Newton,MO
Good "the promotional promises they make"
Bad "the installation, the customer service"
Overall "i do not recommend there services to anyone!!"

I have had your service for 2weeks now & I want to let everyone know how
horrible your company is being run. From the poor installation to the
promotional promises u made that u refuse to honor. I have had to call on 4
different occasions regarding different issues with my service & have about
7 hours of my time wasted on the phone dealing with them just to get
transferred to a total of 9 people between all 4 calls. Your company can't
seem to patch me threw to anyone that knows what they are doing. Your
services are a sham & your ripping off hard working people. U should be
ashamed. I will make sure that I recommend to everyone I talk to not to use
your services!! I will send as many emails, Facebook posts, tweets, letters
& even publish articles in all the local papers in my area informing people
of how u treat your customers.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by liz1983 See Profile

• Location: Chantilly,Fairfax,VA
Good "I get nbc so I can watch Ellen!"
Bad "If I record Ellen I wont be able to watch it since DVR doesnt connect"
Overall "Dont sign up"

·DIRECTV

It all started in August! Hubby LOVES football, we were tired of crappy
verizon, so we make the leap and sign up with Directv! Installed without
programming remotes but thats ok. Day 2 of having service...no playlist on
other tv's??? We have 4 kids and like to record their shows for "tv time".
I call about the DVR...no fix. Now we see that the playlist will disappear
all together or if it is there it will be from last week (shows we've
already deleted will show up and new shows from that day are MIA?) I have
reset the box, had directv to my house MANY times and even had a case
manager (had a code 47 and 48..had these codes this morning!) STILL NO FIX

November when directv is tired of us calling, assign us a case
manager...who should not work in customer service..ever, told me "in 3
weeks OR SO our new SOFTWARE will fix ALL your problems, no you cannot get
out of your contract unless you pay $450" So, now its January:) December
4th my tv showed new software BUT I found out this morning that wasnt "THE"
software so my problems are still ongoing! So, NOW, JAnuary 8th I still
have directv and it still doesnt work BUT IM STILL PAYING BECASUE ITS NOT
THEIR FAULT ITS THE SOFTWARE!!!! Isnt that your fault? I feel like I should
get an hourly pay because Im always reseting, unhooking or speaking to
DIRECTV.

Tv is such a small thing in life and shouldnt be this difficult. I pay you
for a SERVICE, YOU PROVIDE ME THAT SERVICE..RIGHT? Not at directv...you pay
them and you kinda get service BUT they are working on it so as a paying
customer,I WAIT, wait until the engineers release "THE" software. Well Ive
been patient since AUGUST and IVE HAD IT.

The manager this morning tried to comfort me in telling me " THIS IS AN
ONGOING PROBLEM, YOU ARE NOT 1st PERSON I'VE TALKED TO TODAY WHO HAS THE
SAME ISSUE. Thats sad! It sure didnt make me feel better, it made me come
come online and WARN others. If you want to pay for a service and not
receive it...PICK DIRECTV...if you want a constant headache and always be
"on hold"...PICK DIRECTV If you dont want your kids watching that much
tv...PICK DIRECTV...If you like a big blue box informing you "your playlist
is disconnected" every 2 minutes...PICK DIRECTV

If you want to be in the boat of people with the "same" problem for 6
months with no fix in sight...PICK DIRECTV

The promise on their website is a script not a "promise". If that were true
I would be out the the contract, like requested, without paying you $450! I
feel you breeched the contract and have not fufilled your end...not even
close. But...the little people pay and the suits win! I cannot believe a
"new" customer has had such a horrrible experience with your company is on
the hook for the cancellation fee. Maybe you should pay me the fee and do
me a favor for once! I thought it was cheaper to keep an "old" customer
than to advertise for a "new" customer??? I hope if you have a similar
problem you TELL THE WORLD...warn people not to get involved until this
MAGIC SOFTWARE IS RELEASED! GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE NEW IN MY SHOES, AND
TO THOSE WHO ARE "OLD" CUSTOMER WHO CANT GET OUT..

Comments:
johnlm

join:2013-04-08
Eldon, MO

Package deals and the referral bonus

DirecTV advertises all the time that they offer $10 off your bill if your refer someone else to join them. But, they also pair will all kinds of telecom companies to get customers to join. I referred my mother to DirecTV and since she needed to get a new phone company at her new place, we got her a bundle with Century Link and DirecTV. As we signed her up for the bundle, Century Link informed me that we would have to contact DirecTV to get the referral discount. I spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone with a lady in the Philippines who felt it more important to lecture me on the necessity for my mother to give my account number when she signed up, than to stop for a minute an listen to what I was trying to tell her. It was obvious she had her little flow chart in front of her and was totally unable to deviate from the page she was on. I finally got an answer to have my mother call this special number and have HER give them my account number to get the discount. My mother is 73 years old and, following several strokes, is easily confused and exhausted. There is no way she could handle this on her own. I called my sister, who lives across the street from her, and asked her to call, with my mother there, so she could take care of this. Now, my sister is a 55 year old lawyer who has worked in the office of a Federal Judge for over 30 years. She is a very capable woman. She called me back later that night saying she was giving up. She said she was transferred at least 10 times, and was finally told that, yes, we could do it, but that mom was already getting a $5.00 discount for signing up with a bundle, but that if we wanted the $10.00 off both of our bills (as the referral commercial states) we would have to cancel the original work order and create a new one. My mother was moving into her new place that weekend and the original work order was scheduled for two days before she was going to be in the house. If we canceled now, she wouldn't have tv for about a week. This was unacceptable.

DirecTV gets out of giving the referral bonus by giving you a runaround that no one could possibly stand, and then by making you (working people) change your schedule to accommodate their mismanaged processes. I can't wait for the day when there is true competition between television providers. The public is always taken advantage of because most places only have one cable company, or two lame satellite providers.

Review by liz1983 See Profile

• Location: Chantilly,Fairfax,VA
Bad "The multiroom DVR is REALLY not an option until new software is installed!"
Overall "I feel ripped off and stuck in a contract with a company who doesnt hold up their end!"

·DIRECTV
It all started in August! Hubby LOVES football, we were tired of crappy verizon, so we made the leap and signed up with Directv! Installed without programming remotes but thats ok. Day 2 of having service...no playlist on other tv's??? We have 4 kids and like to record their shows for "tv time". I call about the DVR...no fix. Now we see that the playlist will disappear all together or if it is there it will be from last week (shows we've already deleted will show up and new shows from that day are MIA?) I have reset the box, had directv to my house MANY times and even had a case manager (had a code 47 and 48..had these codes this morning!) STILL NO FIX

November when directv is tired of us calling, assign us a case manager...who should not work in customer service..ever, told me "in 3 weeks OR SO our new SOFTWARE will fix ALL your problems, no you cannot get out of your contract unless you pay $450" So, now its January:) December 4th my tv showed new software BUT I found out this morning that wasnt "THE" software so my problems are still ongoing! So, NOW, JAnuary 8th I still have directv and it still doesnt work BUT IM STILL PAYING BECASUE ITS NOT THEIR FAULT ITS THE SOFTWARE!!!! Isnt that your fault? I feel like I should get an hourly pay because Im always reseting, unhooking or speaking to DIRECTV.

Tv is such a small thing in life and shouldnt be this difficult. I pay you for a SERVICE, YOU PROVIDE ME THAT SERVICE..RIGHT? Not at directv...you pay them and you kinda get service BUT they are working on it so as a paying customer,I WAIT, wait until the engineers release "THE" software. Well Ive been patient since AUGUST and IVE HAD IT.

The manager this morning tried to comfort me in telling me " THIS IS AN ONGOING PROBLEM, YOU ARE NOT 1st PERSON I'VE TALKED TO TODAY WHO HAS THE SAME ISSUE. Thats sad! It sure didnt make me feel better, it made me come online and WARN others. If you want to pay for a service and not receive it...PICK DIRECTV...if you want a constant headache and always be "on hold"...PICK DIRECTV If you dont want your kids watching that much tv...PICK DIRECTV...If you like a big blue box informing you "your playlist is disconnected" every 2 minutes...PICK DIRECTV

If you want to be in the boat of people with the "same" problem for 6 months with no fix in sight...PICK DIRECTV

The promise on their website is a script not a "promise". If that were true I would be out the the contract, like requested, without paying you $450! I feel you breeched the contract and have not fufilled your end...not even close. But...the little people pay and the suits win! I cannot believe a "new" customer has had such a horrrible experience with your company is on the hook for the cancellation fee. Directv should pay me the fee and do me a favor for once! I thought it was cheaper to keep an "old" customer than to advertise for a "new" customer??? I hope if you have a similar problem you TELL THE WORLD...warn people not to get involved until this MAGIC SOFTWARE IS RELEASED! GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE NEW IN MY SHOES, AND TO THOSE WHO ARE "OLD" CUSTOMER WHO CANT GET OUT..

Comments:

capt jack

@verizon.net

Direct TV

Sounds so much better than crappy Verizon!
join:2012-06-11

You CAN get out of the contract!

If they are NOT delivering what they promised you, they are in breach of contract, and as such you have a legal right to end that contract WITHOUT any penalties or fees as a result. You have given them MORE THAN ADEQUATE TIME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM YOU ARE EXPERIENCING!

Call them back and politely tell them that you wish to cancel because they are in breach of their part of the contact. Also send a snail mail return receipt requested to the executive offices briefly stating what you have communicated here.

batman69

@cvgs.net

Re: You CAN get out of the contract!

Ok for one, the directv promise is that we provide tv programing that is their agreement to all of there customers. If the equipment is faulty yet its a know issue and it be worked on then they do not let you out of the agreement, you agreed to get T.V SERVICES which means u can watch live t.v then they have every right to charge a early cancel fee cause your tv is working and you are getting programing

• Location: Bingen,Klickitat,WA
Good "nothing"
Bad "everything"
Overall "You're insane to sign up with them."
Mail,DNS,News:

I would be embarrassed to put "DIRECTV Customer Service Rep" on my resume.

I've never been late, always paid on time, ideal customer. Despite
that, every time I call I'm hung up on, put on hold and they never
come back and today I was told "sorry it's been a long week" while a
rep was really cranky with me.

What the hell is going on over there? Is this slave labor or
something? I've never so consistently encountered such a miserable
group of people each and every single time I contact DIRECTV with a
simple question like: did you get the extra receiver I sent back to
you? Seriously, it took 20 minutes and one disconnect to get an answer
to that question.

It's bizarre. If there is such a thing as a call center run out of a
prison, this is one of them. I've never longed to speak to a rep in
India before today, but that would be a much more productive
experience for sure. I'll be cancelling and finding a more
professional outfit to do business with. These people are weird. And
mean. You can imagine how this spills over into money management and
billing. Night. Mare.

Beware.

You are NOT alone!

I'm glad you mentioned this because I too experienced the EXACT same attitude that you have under the same circumstances.

Signed up for 2 yr contract. Used auto pay...fulfilled the contract for the 2 yrs. Called to cancel due to the regular price being way too high for what you get. Transferred to "retention" where the OBNOXIOUS, LOUDMOUTHED, BELIGERENT, customer NO service rep went on about how he INSISTED I tell him what it would take for me to stay before he would cancel my account....Well I told him 25$/mo with current package with NO contract....puts me on hold for 15 minutes and finally returns telling me they can't do that as the market doesn't reflect that kind of price...LOL Again I say cancel for the 10th time!!! Then this asshat yelling says "We will find all your PPVs that you ordered as you don't have a phone line connected to your receiver...CLEARLY THREATENING ME! as if it would intimidate me into renewing because I had "Cheated them"...Well I told that
forking asshole that if he checked I had only ordered ONE PPV the over the entire two years BY ACCIDENT, and had called them IMMEDIATELY after the error to have it removed...

Now that shut that monkey up finally he cancelled the account...without so much as an apology for his OUTRAGEOUS behavior on the phone, I have NEVER encountered such behavior in my over 30 years of dealing with CSRs at ANY OTHER COMPANY!

I was so disgusted that I sent a return receipt requested snail mail to the then CEO a couple of years ago and recounted what happened, I asked him to investigate and get back to me about this abusive behavior....well a couple of weeks later I received the postal slip indicating that DirecTV executive manglement had received the letter, but not ONE word out of them after that.....

I will NEVER subscribe to DirecTV again and I will tell as many other people I know to STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

DIRECTV ARE CROOKS!
Couriant

join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

I concur -- and I work in a cable internet call center

I had a similar experience that I haven't had the time to forward the complaint to the higher ups and BBB. We canceled cable TV (I live in an area we don't provide services) to get DirecTV as it would have been cheaper even if I was in full price. The breakdown is:

I called up for some pre-sales question - hung up on while getting some information and the person quickly came from nice to frustrated... I was also ill at the time.

We finally ordered the services as we are moving, only to find out that the CSR didn't include the wireless clients for the Genie. No problem... however they had to do the whole order again, giving us a new account number (makes no sense to me)... which we found out that she also made a mistake (missed our referral). Also we ordered the Fox Sports A La Carte (Channels 621/622) but that somehow was missed... and now to the customer/technical support...

I called technicial support and apparantely they don't know their lineups as they told me 621 and 622 is not available as a separate package/a la carte... but their channel lineup says so otherwise. They were trying to push the full package or drop to the lower teir and get sports because my current plan does not allow to add sports to it.

Also they were trying to make themselves look good for offering me their wireless access point so I can have on-demand for free... however it was already in my order and the tech did not install it/didn't have it with him.

The field tech was nice and did a good job and so far I have had no issues with the service or it's quality (living in Arizona has it's benefits... unless you are in the north )

Now our move is done... time to rip into a manager about these inconsistencies. If it wasn't for conflict of interest, i would demand the CS Managers job and fix this ugly mess.

• Location: Hicksville,Nassau,NY
Mail,DNS,News:

payback time for direct tv. a guy named ken called me last week to offer me
a dvr and other stuff he called me at work during the night shift and was
told NO and do not call me again ,well he called back tonight and was not
given a warm welcome , i was up on a ladder and had to stop my crew to deal
with him. he thought it was so funny he blocked his number and called me
three more times . help me fill his calender . i need as many people to
call him at 1 800 375 8211 ex 105 and tell him this is what happens when
you screw with customers . it's MY money and if i chose not to give it to
you . i hold the upper hand, i'm the customer . please call often and every
time you want to vent a little tyvm dno

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:
Technicholas
join:2010-11-11
Winterset, IA

It isn't

»800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-375-8211 its not a corporate directv its a reseller.

mjybt

@bellsouth.net

Re: It isn't

they got me with an NFL package I didn't order for an extra 30/month. I told them on the phone to just cancell service. the ass clown told me no ! and hung up. I paid the last bill for the month, they turned off the service, but continued to bill me. again I called and asked where to send equipment to, they said they would not terminate service and charges and LAUGHED and hung up. 3 months later direct TV STOLE $435.38 out of my bank account. I cancelled the bank card and my bank said that direct tv can use the info from the cancelled card and find my wifes card info to continue to charge. I had to close bank account. they are still calling and sending bills for large amounts of money. how can 4 months at $55.00/mo. add up to over $700.00? *this is why you cannot open service without a credit card. * Iwent to AT&T who set up the service and have been hanging around telling people about what they do to you. a few have changed their minds after talking to me, but more needs to be done. I guess it's time to take it to probate court.

Nickie

@bresnan.net

Horrible Choice

Choosing to go with Directv was the worst choice I ever made!!! This is a HORRIBLE company. They continued to add false charges to my account so I closed it. I paid them in full but began receiving calls months later from a collection agency stating I owed for some charge that they could not explain. Take some advice and DO NOT make the same mistake I did. Go with another cable provider.

Marcos

@galaxyvisions.com

Re: Horrible Choice

Agreed. I cancelled my service while still in contract, I was 11 months into a 2 year contract so I have to pay for 13 months @ 20 USD each. (Please note, all other providers only charge 10 USD). The rep I spoke to during the cancellation also confirmed this period of cancellation. I understood this and accepted it perfectly, even made payments towards the cancellation charge before those charges were posted, but then they have said the charges were for an additional 6 months. After several calls trying to figure why, one rep said it was because my contract was extended when I added an additional receiver (although, I paid for it 99.99 USD) and this had reset my contract. NO ONE and absolutely NO NOTIFICATION that adding additional equipment will result in EXTENSION OF CONTRACT. After continueing to contact them about this, they came to the conclusion that this was a valid charge and that I would be responsible for it. Please take note, before this decision was reached, a manager had authorized a reimbursment for the receiver, and explained the contract was not supposed to have been extended. Unfortunately, no one honored the refund and after several more hours and calls I was left with a charge and warning that if I didnt pay, I would be taken to collections. NEVER AGAIN DIRECT TV. Incompetent personnel which everytime I called gave a different answer, lack of communication (never got called back when I was promised) and most importantly illigal extension of contract as they never asked for my consent to do so!

SALYSUEFUKU

@comcast.net
DTV IS A SATELLITE PROVIDER. NOT A CABLE PROVIDER.

NotHappy

@clearwire-wmx.net

Dvr recording

They suck !!! Direct tv lie to
Me bottom line they lie to me when I sign up promising record up to 5 programs at the same time , not so only 2 programs at the same time I ask for a change and they say 200$ for a change total rip off

Review by meka2710 See Profile

• Location: Stillwater,Payne,OK
Good "Many channels"
Bad "Expensive, unauthorized charges, poor customer service"
Overall "I would not recommend DirecTV"
Mail,DNS,News:

DirecTV "gave" us an NFL package without notice. Apparently, it was a free trial offer with an auto renew, but they never informed us. We didn't use it because we didn't even know we had it. DirecTV then added the NFL package to our plan without our consent and started charging us $33 per month. Our bill went up to $197 a month! When I finally noticed it, I called to cancel the NFL pkg. I didn't ask for a refund for the past charges, I just asked to cancel the $33 pkg from that day forward. They said I couldn't cancel because I was bound by contract. They said I should have called them within days of the first charge. How could I be bound by contract when I never authorized the extra package in the first place? I wish I could switch to Dish Network but I can't until next summer without paying a big cancellation fine. I did an online search and DirecTV has a ton of negative reviews and complaints about unauthorized charges. I have paperless billing and auto payment set up for the convenience, but now I will have to check my DirecTV bill line by line for unauthorized charges every single month in case they try and do this again. A DirecTV call center employee anonymously posted on a blog that every customer needs to read ALL of the fine print on their DirecTV contract, because it states that they have the right to add packages to your plan without your consent. The employee basically stated it is the customer's fault since it is perfectly legal. I had Dish Network for over 10 years and they never added anything without our consent first. I will switch back to Dish as soon as our DirecTV contract ends.

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

join:2012-06-11

DirecTV is run by CRIMINALS!

I hear you.

Call them and tell that because they have NOT LIVED UP TO THEIR PART OF THE CONTRACT (by adding services they charge for without the consent of the customer) have VIOLATED their agreement with you, what they have done constitutes FRAUD!

Tell them that you IMMEDIATELY dissolve the contract because DirecTV violated it. If they refuse or give you ANY trouble ask to speak with a supervisor and inform them that if they refuse to end the contract (WITH NO FEES OR CHARGES FOR THE TERMINATION) you will be contacting your state's attorney general, and the local media.

Don't use DirecTV they are crooks.

DebbieG

@bhn.net

Re: DirecTV is run by CRIMINALS!

I agree they are crooks. I contacted my state's attorney general but it didn't do any good.
Trolling

join:2013-01-14
Ogden, UT
If you have read directv contract, You would understand that is not violating it in any way.Nfl Sunday ticket does auto renew. if You dont want that charge on your bill, Call to cancel before the season starts. I have recieved a letter with my bill that informs me to cancel that service before i get charged. if you disregarded the letter without reading it thats your fault and you sound like a jackass complaining about something you could of easily avoided.

Review by jdharshfield See Profile

• Location: Eagle River,Anchorage,AK
Bad "Directv"
Overall "Bad customer service, misleading services, stick with cable!"

Directv sucks!

You can’t watch on demand shows from any TV without recording the show on the DVR first!

On demand show are downloaded via your internet connection forcing you to upgrade your bandwidth!

If you have the average WIFI router in your home you’ll have to buy one that pushed out more bandwidth or no other devices can is the WIFI.

Directv has the worst customer service I’ve even encountered!

On 14 September 2012 we had Directv installed in our home. We are big on demand fans as we enjoy watching TV on our schedule not the networks. When directv was installed they did not install the Home Cinema Kit which lets you access on demand shows. We called Directv and they sent us the kit but to the wrong address twice, taking over a week in a half for one to actually get to us. I hooked it up and we could now get on demand shows but only on the DVR not the other 3 Directv boxes. I called Directv for the 10th about this issue and was informed for the first time that only the DVR would allow us to watch on demand shows. But if we wanted we could download the show via the DVR and then watch it on any other TV. We were sold this system under the impression that it would work just like cable, which it doesn’t! To resolve this Directv will send us another DVR for $280 or disconnect for a huge fee.

join:2012-06-11

DirecTV are SCAM ARTISTS.

DirectTV are scam artists.

Customer service is THE ABSOLUTE worst I have EVER encountered.

SD picture is like watching youtube at 240p resolution with huge blocky digital artifacts and poor color and contrast quality. Any cable service will be better.

When cancelling my service I was connected with
"customer retention". The OUTRAGEOUS csr was practically yelling at me after I told him at least ten times to simply cancel the service (I was thankfully OUT of my contract!) And thought he could "threaten:" me to stay by accusing me of ordering a lot of PPVs I hadn't payed for, blatant LIE! Only had ONE PPV ordered accidentally which was noted on my account.

I was so horrified by the experience that I sent a snail mail return requested to the then CEO of DirecTV. After about ten days I received the post office receipt that the executive offices had received the letter, but NO ONE from the executive offices ever contacted me about the issue, NOT ONE WORD FROM THEM!

DO NOT USE DirecTV, they are scam artists and crooks.

• Location: San Antonio,Bexar,TX
Mail,DNS,News:

I have had nothing but issues with directv from the moment I started
service. I requested specific services and the rep yes'd me to death and
when it came time for service to be set up, nothing was correct. There was
no internet set up. I didn't have the channels I requested. There was no
whole home dvr set up and when I called them after everything was installed
they told me that they did not have whole home dvr and that it would be an
extra charge to get the channels I wanted. The channel issue and internet
was set up that day. A couple weeks later I get one of their sales emails
and it says whole home dvr. I call them to ask why it wasn't set up and
they said they could and quoted me the price and they were going to charge
me close to $300 to have the technician come out and set it up. It took me
contacting the better business bureau to get everything I asked for without
the extra charges and hassle.

Now it's over a year later and I moved. It was cheaper for me to just pay
the cancellation fee so when I called to set up a payment plan for that as
I've since been laid off, they told me they will automatically debit my
credit card on file after 20 days. The rep told me that if I tell the bank
to reject the payment, they wll send be a bill after that. I asked for the
card they have on file and so I set that up. I checked another card
account I have today and they took it from an old card. I contacted
directv again and they "don't know why the other rep told me that" that was
the card on file and they will not be issuing a refund since the money is
owed. I explained that now my first month's rent check is going to bounce
because of them and she kept repeating that they have every right to debit
the account even though I told them they did not.

Stay away from them. Even if it's in writing it's on their terms at all
times.

join:2012-06-11

DirecTV are scam artists!

I agree they are crooks, and stiff arm bandits.

Outrageously obnoxious customer service reps! Bullies, that attempt to threaten you . Fraudulent practices abound.

See my other post I made about DirecTV in the other recent review about them listed in the reviews.

bond007

@verizon.net

Re: DirecTV are scam artists!

Directv cannot be trusted; they mislead - quote you a price, say $29.99, but by the time they done with you by adding charges here and there you total bill easily doubles what they quote you initially. Their business model is among those I avoid - they are deceptive.