DIRECTV page on DSLReports

Review by mikedz4 See Profile

• Location: Weirton,Hancock,WV
Good "Large HD content, huge on-demand library"
Bad "If you can't get a Line Of Site or Local channels"
Overall "I highly recommend DirecTV for tv"
Mail,DNS,News:

I really love DirecTV for their dvr on the interent, their interactive content, their HD content. The only problems are Line Of Sight and quite a few people can't even get SD local channels in their areas yet. All in all if you can get locals and see the satellites go for it, you wont regret it.

member for 11.6 years, 4958 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by cfm117 See Profile

• Location: Woodland Hills,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Good HD selection/good price"
Bad "Installer no show 2x"
Overall "Good alternative to cable"
Mail,DNS,News:

Directv is a good choice imo. Ive had it for about 6 months and I like it so far. Install was fouled up some. Took about 3 weeks to finally get installer to show after calling in after our appt window has passed. We were told he was behind and may or may not show today. Got a tech to show on the 3rd try. Other than installation, its been good

Comments:

Review by DemonicLlama See Profile

• Location: Potomac,Montgomery,MD
Good "Good picture, service, packages"
Bad "HD prices"
Overall "Very good TV package all around"
Mail,DNS,News:

I have the full channel line up but not as a HD service. I have had DTV for 6 years and have been very happy with it. Longest time without a signal was 15minutes due to heavy thunderstorms that happen rarely here in DC. Have 2 Directivo units and 2 normal boxes. Works great. I also have Hughesnet, as said in the forums its a low usuage connection depending on the plan but works great for email, youtube, and various sites plus the occasional legal torrent download(movie trailers for me mainly).

Comments:

Review by openupshop See Profile

• Location: Phoenix,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Clear Picture, Most HD Channels, Cheaper Than Cox"
Bad "NONE"
Overall "Clearer picture than cox, Cheaper, Very Friendly Web Site"
Mail,DNS,News:

I have had Direct TV for about 3 months now. I have no complaints at all. I had Dish Network and was not very happy with them. I had Cox for TV services and they nickel and dime you for everything. Don't get me wrong I still have Cox for my internet. Thats it INTERNET ONLY. I have tried out the VOD and love it. You could also stream music view pictures on your TV from your PC. With Over 85 HD channels you can't go wrong!

member for 14 years, 514 visits, last login: 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by GeekBigboy See Profile

• Location: Riverside,Riverside,CA
Good "had it for 4 years now but equipment sucks now."
Bad "Box needs replaced every 4 months for DVR and need a new 2 year contract each time Fu$$ DTV"
Overall "used to be good but thinking of going all cable after this contract is up"
Mail,DNS,News:

Direct TV as good down hill since they got rid of Tivo and used there new crap boxes. Thinking of going back to cable in year when contract is up.

Comments:

Review by Tim618 See Profile

• Location: Garrettsville,Portage,OH
Good "Can't get any better HD channels from anywhere else, theres tons!"
Bad "My DVR "skips" sometimes."
Overall "Doesn't get any better than this!"
Mail,DNS,News:

HAd directv for over 5 years. Had dish before, Dish absolutely sucked. Everytime the sky was cloudy, i would lose signal with them. Connection is rock solid with directv, however sometimes the DVR skips, and the picture blacks out and then comes back. Had DVR replaced and it still does it, im sure this issue will be fixed soon with upgrades, etc.

Overall, if you want a wide variety of HD channels, with picture quality thats down right amazing, go directv.

Comments:

Review by boggaf05 See Profile

• Location: Gaffney,Cherokee,SC
Good "Best HD Lineup"
Bad "None!"
Overall "The best television service for the money"

Had now for over 12 years and have never had a problem. Recently upgraded from Charter HD to DirecTV HD and have never made a better decision. Picture quality is excellent and customer service has been very helpful.

Comments:

Review by Hookem99 See Profile

• Location: Pflugerville,Travis,TX
Good "Great picture, decent CS, compared"
Bad "Expensive, too many 'add ons'"
Overall "DTV nickel and dimes you to death, but the picture quality is great"

I have been with DTV since 1997 and been relativly happy until the last year or two. DTV charges for EVERY little thing and im tired of paying for the features I should get with my package. Example: I pay a hundred and some for the MLB extra innings package to watch unlimited baseball. I also pay 10/mo for the HD service. But to get the baseball games in HD, oh thats another 99.00 package. Same thing for the Football package. I now have to pay for local HD channels, because you cannot integrate the OTA HD antenna into the receivers with the new HD channels. Their equipment is good, but you have to pay 399.00 to lease a HDDVR that I have to return when im done. That just seems odd to me!! All and all I suppose I would recommend DTV, but I am anxious for ATT Uvearse to arrive and see what that is all about!!

member for 7.4 years, 1722 visits, last login: 2.7 years ago

Comments:

Review by SandmanXX See Profile

• Location: Grover,Cleveland,NC
Good "Good signal/reception fair amount of channels"
Bad "Channel menus could be better."
Overall "Little better than Dishnetwork"
Mail,DNS,News:

Good reception, they have a few more satellites than dishnetwork or others, I usually don't have a problem.
Remote/channel menus are a little cumbersome sometimes.
NO need for a phone line connection UNLESS you want CID onscreen, and want to use phone for order PPV.
Happy customer almost a year now.

Comments:

Review by Michael162 See Profile

• Location: Clover,York,SC
Good "Channel Clarity, cost vs cable"
Bad "New equipment has reliability issues"
Overall "I love the service"
Mail,DNS,News:

I have been a Directv subscriber for approximately 5 years (except a 3 month period my cable company offered me their digital cable at a ridiculously low price ...jumped back to DTV because the savings weren't worth it.) Their HD service is great, though I have had issues with 2 of their HD receivers going out, but they were promptly replaced. There are more channels than I will ever watch and there are a ton of educational and kid channels that my family enjoys. Personally we love the service and will never go back to cable or another provider unless they race the cost. Great service.

member for 11.9 years, 586 visits, last login: 2.7 years ago