DIRECTV page on DSLReports

Review by Labyert See Profile

• Location: Estherville,Emmet,IA
Bad "Horrible company!!"
Mail,DNS,News:

I started with Direct TV in 2013. I was told for one year my bill would be 61.98 the following year would only go up $10 for receivers. After 2 months with this company I get a bill of $300 they said it's "how their billing cycle works" to be charged over 3 months. Told me I would receive credits on my next three bills. They messed up my credits every month. I had called them with every month bill in the last year with mistakes. 6 months ago I agrees to pay 4 payments of 44.99 for Sunday Ticket. I've now paid 6 months and they are telling me there was nothing in my notes to only have it for 4 months. Now my year is up and I'm getting charged double. Multiple times I've asked for a manager and they tell me they don't have one. I've never been so unhappy or cheated from a company in my life. JOKE of a company.

Comments:

BigRedCheese

@156.110.24.x

Curious

I have Cox Cable in my area, I've been with them for years. Currently I'm being charged 69.00 a month for "expanded" basic cable, I don't have HD, no movie channels, no DVR, just what seems to me to be a very basic package. About 60 channels or so, of which I watch AMC, A&E, CNN, occasionally, a show or two, and the news channel when a big story breaks; gave up on History because of all the reality programming. That price seems high to me, even if I regularly watch most of the channels, only watching one or two cable programs, it seems insanely high.

Recently, at Walmart, a Direct TV rep offered me a deal for 35.00 a month, "for as long as I have Direct TV." Coming with a free DVR, free installation, yada, yada, yada. It's very tempting, but I decided to research it before taking the bait, and now I have found all these horror stories about overcharging, hiding things in long contracts, etc.

My sister had Dish, and after watching what she went through with that, Dish is not an option for me, but she switched back to Direct and seems to be happy with it. But all these stories are giving me pause, this isn't the only place I've seen horror stories like this about Direct.

I'm wondering if I should roll the dice and try it, or if I should just forget it, and continue to pay the kings ransom for a handful of shows I do like to see as they come out. Maybe I just want to be talked out of it, lol. Do you think I should try and negotiate a better deal with Cox, or is that a waste of time? I would appreciate some good advice from either end of the issue.

two_Amandas

@216.145.95.x

Re: Curious

Well I'm not sure yet about long-term but I can tell you that we just had DirecTv service installed in our home today. 2 TV's connected, a Genie DVR Recorder, Mini-Genie DVR Recorder for the 2nd TV, super fast installation-less than 24 hours after subscribing by phone we had a very efficient & well-mannered technicion at our home installing our new system, a $100 Visa gift card, and a 12-month price discount of $65.99 for all HD Ultimate Package-all of this cost only $21.01. That's all. Of course they want you to do auto-pay, which is fine with me. This includes On Demand & DirecTv Cinema, & many other neat little things. I know that my price will go up after the 12-month period. The package will then cost $81.99 I believe , or a number very close to it. So, I know that I'm VERY pleased with everything so far, I hope to feel this way throughout my relationship with DirecTV!

storegirl122

Re: Curious

I have just finished the first year with DirecTV. My bill went from $68 to $110. I called DirecTV and had my package reduced and now i will be paying $81. I will be so glad when I fulfill this 24 month agreement so I can cancel and explore other options. On my bill this month there was a note that next month I would be charged $39.99 for MLB extra innings and if i didn't want to be charged i needed to cancel by April 9th. DirecTV is one big scam!!!
shrraga

join:2012-07-22

I doubt that you will pay that low... I have 4 tvs connected, with the bottom tier programming (entertainment) and HBO. My monthly bill is $118 a month. We have 1 basic DVR (not genie or tivo) and 3 HD recievers (which... yeah... use around $25/ month worth of power combined...). Directv keeps adding NFL Sunday ticket to our bill even though we've unsubscribed 15 times now.

Oh, Amandas, make sure you cancel the premium movie channels trial that comes with all new sign ups (and requires you to call, no canceling on the website) or your bill will go up by... I think it was $40?
Mike1000

join:2014-03-29
Wait, until you see their true face. Until then enjoy it.

Bruno

@198.73.28.x
Do not get Direct Tv. They tell you whatever you want to hear to get you roped into the contract. It is a very lousy service and the customer service reps are terrible. Stick with what you have or anything else!

FLridaPhilly

@cox.net
I have canceled my DirecTV after having them for 3 years. I have to say that I was extremely happy with them. No problems with the service or the billing whatsoever. Before having DirecTV I had Dish for one month. WHAT A DISASTER! They promised all kinds of this and that...including the monthly bill. EVERYTHING they said was a lie. They wanted to charge me the money for an entire year when I told them to stick it. I canceled my debit card that they had initially used and told them to go ahead and take me to court! Never heard another word from them! I only quit getting DirecTV because I don't watch TV enough to warrant 100 bucks a month and really couldn't afford it. NOT because of anything they did or didn't do. I bought an outdoor antenna and get several stations. That coupled with Netflix and Hulu Plus, I get to watch as much as I did for $100. Also, if you go to the network's websites you can watch full episodes of their programs.
Free TV....can't beat it!
stridr69

join:2003-05-19
San Luis Obispo, CA

Re: Curious

Actually the "networks" are going to the requirement of one having at least a basic cable/satellite service these days. No more "free ride". Like the recent Olympic Games on NBC.

Lisa RI

@cox.net
I am also a Cox customer and pay 170.00 a month for a bundle with HBO. I've been with them for years and come April I'm going to find some other service and get rid of my phone. Cox is way too expensive!!

Dee13

DO NOT get DirectTv

I hate DirecTv so much. It doesn't work when it is raining, snowing, or even SUNNY (I swear I got a memo on my TV saying interference with the sun). So half the time I don't get a picture and the rest of the time it's all pixelated and the words don't match with their mouths, it's so frustrating. I live in an apartment and other people's cable is working but mine isn't. Strange. They said they'd send out a technician, ONE WEEK LATER. So I have to wait a week to watch freaking TV and they told me if it's not a dish related issue they will charge me $75 so I gave them a piece of my mind and expect a credit the moment the guy comes out here and fixes whatever is wrong with this horrible device.
This is only one of my many problems.
Don't get it you WILL be disappointed.

Anon123

Do not get Directv

I got directv in August of 2012 along with internet to be bundled through AT&T... It was ok for a while... then our neighbor got directv and when they came to install it, they put a splitter on our line going to our dish to hook his up and our reception was horrible. I called numerous times with no results. Even another Directv tech told us they were supposed to put it on the dish itself instead of splitting our line. Anyway, then they "gave " us the movies for 3 months "free" -- adding them to the bill then subtracting them out-- but even after I called they kept on adding them in. I wound up getting a bill for 195.00 when my original bill was 81.00. Ridiculous!! I canceled my service. I had enough! Then one person said the cancellation fee was $100. When I got the final bill, it was 175.00... PLEASE WATCH OUT!!! THEY WILL SCAM YOU ANY WAY THEY CAN!

Review by ValkyrieZero See Profile

• Location: Lexington,Fayette,KY
Good "Good service so far, good customer service"
Bad "Glitch in their system over my gift card"
Overall "It's better than TWC and Dish. "
Mail,DNS,News:

I finally got sick and tired of paying Time Warner $200 a month for my 3 services and their terrible customer service that you see so many complain about. Their service has not been very reliable since they took over Insight Communications. I never had any issues with Insight but when Time Warner came and took over the service took a nosedive.

I saw that DTV was having a pretty decent offer for the 1st year and even after that their prices seem reasonable but I guess I'll see in a year. And they are even throwing a $100 Visa gift card. I ordered on Wednesday and the installer came on Friday. The installer was really nice and informative and did a great job. The picture from the dish is great so far as well and the box is pretty too lol.

My only complaint was when I went to redeem my rebate for the gift card it said I wasn't eligible even though I was and followed all the protocols to a T. I contacted customer service and was respectful towards the woman and she was respectful right back to me and escalated my issue to higher management and told me they will contact me via email or phone. Not even 24 hours later I received an email saying I will be receiving my card in 2-4 weeks.

So I was impressed it was resolved quickly. Now if I don't see my card in 2-4 weeks then I might change my tune. My family has DTV and they have had no problems whatsoever.

Comments:

Review by PAGE2014 See Profile

• Location: Boerne,Kendall,TX
Bad "RIP OFFFFFFFF"
Overall "DIRECT TV IS A RIP OFF"

Direct Tv just took 500 dollars out of my bank WITHOUT talking with me first! I switched my service a few months ago to another Cable company. I received a box from Direct Tv asking for me to send them their stuff. SO I DID! and a week later, they take 500 out of my bank. IF YOU have a bank card ON FILE with direct tv, you should know, they take their money ANYTIME they WANT, whenever they want! and they wont help you in anyway to get a refund or anything. Now, my son and I will be kicked out of our rent house and living on the street because DIRECT TV took ALL my money I had for my rent! Thanks for nothing! Life is hard enough! Now we have this company that can and WILL take all your money without even speaking to you first. DO NOT GET DIRECT TV THEY ARE BY FAR, THE WORST CABLE COMPANY!

Comments:

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
·Vonage

Contract?

Did you break a contract when you canceled service? Did you save the tracking numbers for the equipment to make sure they got it? Also, this is a good reason to avoid using debit cards for stuff like this and instead have them charge to credit cards.

We have DirecTV and they have been great.

digidee

Re: Contract?

Thank you for the advice. We have direct TV and the only problem we have is with taping during prime time. We continue to get black outs when we watch the show we taped during prime time. Have you witnessed this problem?

daves3159

@ptd.net

Re: Contract?

I've had DirecTV since 2009 and have only experienced a gap in the recording when the service was down due to storms. I have only experienced 10 or so such signal losses and it lasted less than 5 minutes. Only once did it affect a recording.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
No. We constantly are recording prime time programs and have never had any issues, unless due to storms (which is very rare.)

Jones

@myvzw.com

Poor Customer Service & Services

I do not want to get into the details but let me say, almost every single rep I spoke with was rude. I never got any good feed back or good customer service until we actual canceled. The service is poor. I do not know if it was just my area but it went in and out often. Also never pay with a card you don't want Direct TV to anymomously charge, because they will. The only way to stop charges are to dispute with your credit card company.
All in all, a waste of time and money, go to another company .

Review by ngeluak See Profile

This a great way to enjoy the holday

Make trip to Dreamland with »www.reddit.com/r/TheWall/comments/1y2ulj Frozzen Online Great picture ever

You have a mistake to reject this reference about Upgrade Direct TV »www.reddit.com/r/TheWall/comments/1y2w2s Visit to watch Endless love direct TV

Comments:

Dissatisfied

@ckerindustrial.com

How does DirecTV sleep at night?

I really do not understand why this company is still in business...

So my wife and I were on speakerphone with the sales rep. with DirecTV and the "gentleman" on the other end quoted us prices that we were genuinely excited about. We scheduled a so-called technician to come and install the package for us this morning. First of all, he showed up at 7:45 AM before I had even left for work in a raggedy little S-10 pickup with no logos or anything showing affiliation with DirecTV. I imagine all the dents and dings on his truck came from unsatisfied customers throwing rocks and junk at him as they ran him off their property. The nasty S.O.B. made my wife extremely uncomfortable the whole time he was there. While installing in my bedroom with my wife "supervising" the job, he at one point started rubbing his hands along her back and winking at her! I told her she should have kicked him out on the spot... Also, this Jackwagon ran the cable in my living room wall along the trim of my wall and up and around the frame of my front door. It looks like crap! He waited until after he was finished to inform us of what he had done, trying to instruct my wife on how the remote worked, when he said, "Don't push this button, It is for high-definition programming." What the heck!!! That was part of the package we purchased.

That was not the only thing the salesman lied to us about...
We were told the installation would be free... Except they charged us @ $21.00 to do it!
We were told that a HD-DVR was included in our package... Nope! Lied to us again!

I am now under the impression that these "salesmen" are actually telemarketers that will say whatever they can to get you to bite, so they can get an extra $ spiffed their way.

When my wife called Customer Service to convey our displeasure over the whole situation, she had to go through several folks just so she could actually understand them due to their accent. When she finally had a supervisor on the phone, she got passed from one to another. All we requested is that they stick to what they had originally quoted us. We know they "record all phone conversations for customer SATISFACTION, and training purposes..." So we told them to pull the phone records with our exchange with their "salesman" so they could verify the validity of our claim. Guess what, that information was not available according to one of the supervisors, yet another subsequent supervisor said it must have been deleted from their system because she could not find it! They can't even communicate with each other to keep their LIES straight.

The only options we were given were:
A) Accept their superficial apology, and keep the service as is...
B) Accept their superficial apology, and pay double what we were quoted to get what we originally wanted. (Which by the way, meant waiting 3-4 days for them to come back out to do the job correctly)
C) Deny their superficial apology, tell them to stick to their word or they can stick it _______(fill in the blank)

We chose "C"... Told them to turn their guy right back around and pick up their crap, and not to touch one penny in our bank account! "That's not how it works." is the response we got. "We will send you some boxes, and you can mail our products back to us, then you will get a full refund in about 30 days, minus the $21.00 installation fee..."

THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!!!

If you are considering DirecTV, I implore you to reconsider... There are many other providers out competing with this Hackjob TV service. I've noticed the others quotes are a bit higher, but at least they will have the ethics or good morality to keep their word, understand the importance of customer service, and wont send some pervert to you house trying to eyeball your wife!

Also, in comparison to my other complaints, this one is minor; The jerk that came into my house and put in this CRAP, also had no qualms with leaving his garbage and waste throughout our home. I have a 14 month old who already puts everything in his mouth. I don't need anybody else leaving surprises for us to find, much less a creepy stranger.

Hopefully, I have saved at least one person from this type of headache, if they have read this prior to signing up... There is a reason that over 90% of the reviews on this forum are painting DirecTV in a negative light. It's because it's true and this company is not in touch with the consumers of their product...

HEED THESE WARNINGS! STAY AWAY FROM DIRECTV!!!

NoDTVbetter

@qwest.net

Re: How does DirecTV sleep at night?

I agree that Direct TV is a scam. I recently signed-up, was given prices and Free Genie, no additional costs, went over all the charges, only to find out that there are additional charges the sales rep does not disclose. The charges were very different from what I agreed to. It doesn't seem that it matters what they sign you up for, only what they can charge you for and get away with. They should not be in business and I would never recommend them.

Review by cbrain See Profile

• Location: Silver Spring,Montgomery,MD
Good "Excellent content, great service if you make DTV & contractors fix everything"
Bad "Contract install & service - inconsistant - High pressure phone reps inconsistant offers"
Overall "Enjoyable service if & when you can get a good install & promised package/price."

DirecTV is our favorite video provider. Part of this experience was multiple DirecTiVos we owned and hacked(networked, large HD, computer & internet access). We have used DTV on and off for 6 or 7 years. Once we got things working right, the service has been great. The only fade is maybe 1 to 3 minutes preceding a big rain and TiVo works even without DTV connection.

Comments:

Kel

@qwest.net

DirectTV's on-line review system apparently doesn't accept negatives...

(I think the one-star rating filters out comments automatically, so I'm putting my review that they requested here instead.).... I should be able to cancel HBO on-line...have already spoken to customer service to cancel last month, and am still subscribed/charged after more than a month. Also, the entire family is very upset about the cancellation of the weather channel, since we travel frequently and depend on it for information about our weather and conditions our family is experiencing. The cable service is not worth what it costs...most of what we watch is on local TV, has far too many commercials for pay TV, or is available on an on-line service that we subscribe to that does not have commercials and is MUCH cheaper (Hulu, Netflix). The only reason we prefer to have cable is being able to record shows, so we are looking into Tivo-like services/units. The DirectTV services have been much pricier that we were told when we subscribed! I would never recommend the service to anyone, despite good reception and programming that seams on-par with other cable companies. Cutting services to minimum.

Review by Scole See Profile

• Location: Grass Lake,Jackson,MI
Bad "Make sure to ask about any and all extra charges, because they don't tell you and then hit you with massive charges!"
Mail,DNS,News:

We got DirectTV in September of 2013, and I had told the guy that we would be moving sometime in early 2014. He stated that it was so easy to do and all I would have to do is call and schedule it! Awesome! WRONG! If you want to move, they charge you anywhere between $230 and $500!! They say it's for installation charges... Fine. But why wouldn't he tell me that from the beginning? Oh, right.. Because now I am stuck paying it. OR I can cancel my service for for the low low price of $360! I saved the best for last; all of the equipment is set up and ready to go at our new house. All we need is for it to be configured through the dish, and our mailing address changed. The wires have been run, the dish is set up, easy! But no way around the excessive fees! So while I really liked my direct TV, I am getting out as soon as I can. Just a warning to ask as many money questions as you can because they don't tell you until you are forced with only the option of paying the price.

Comments:

ANGRY BIRD

Ridiculous Charge

I HAD BAD EXPERIENCE WITH DIRECTV. I MOVED TO THE PLACE THERE IS NO WAY TO INSTALL DISHES, EVEN THE THEIR TECHNICIAN SAY "NO WAY" TO INSTALL, BUT I STILL GOT CHARGED AND PAY A LOT FOR PENALTY BECAUSE DIRECTV SAID THIS IS NOT THEIR FAULT, ALL FAULTS BELONG TO ME AND THE BUILDING....

I WAS SHOCKED!

join:2014-01-06

Re: Ridiculous Charge

DirecTV is a crooked operation run by a sleazy CEO,
Mike White.

I hope The Weather Channel keeps on rubbing it in publicly about how damn greedy you are. It's more effective than trying to reach you by a certified return receipt requested snail mail. Yeah Mike I haven't forgotten you and your sleazy outfit.

RogTos

DTV

Got lied to left right and center .. about worse than Verizon my Cell carrier. I keep looking over my shoulder for these back stabbing criminals.

rip off

If you want to be overcharged and pay ridulously high rates then Direct tv is the choice for you! Worst constumer service and the fucktards are dying to rip you off! Don't agree to payments by using your credit card because they will charge you without your knowlege or consent!

Review by songsrmyjob See Profile

• Location: usa
Bad "THESE GUS ARE CROOKS AND LOSERS"

I WAS TOLDD 44.95 TURNED OUT TO BE 74.99
HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE FROM JUMP STREET
WORST COMPANY ON THE PLANET AN THEIR PACKAGE PARTNERS ARE EVEN WORSE
CENTURY LINK,AND HUGES NET

Comments:

mamayama

@qwest.net

Feel like I have been robbed

went too direct tv because I am on disability and could not afford the other company I was with, I called Direct tv because I had gotten some mail stating they were doing a special for like 29.95 a month, I thought perfect that is what I need the gentleman on the phone kept telling me I was paying way to much with the other company, and he will get me fixed up. BIG MISTAKE nothing he said was right he never told me they would take it right out of my bank account every month ( I had to give them the info about my bank account to get it hooked up, it cost 21.00 that you had to pay up front) I have never received a bill from them, and each month it got hire and hire then today when I went and checked my bank account they had taken 145.02 out of my account. to say the least I was so shocked and devastated when I called them I could barely understand the lady, we ended up getting disconnected ( how convientent) so I called right back and got a man who ended up hanging up on me, never did get it straightened out all I know is for sure now they are going to send me a bill in the mail so no more surprises, I still feel like I have been violated by ths company and will tell other people to beware r think twice before going to this company. Very Very Sad

Direct TV Co

Re: Feel like I have been robbed

Wowwwww did they explain what package you were receiving, how long have you had us, I am a sales rep for Direct TV, maybe I can help you

DTB

@windstream.net
I understand. I was told I would be paying about 75 a month. I signed up for 24 months understanding my bill would be 75. Well that didn't last. Now I'm paying 160 a month but my contract is up in November. If I have money to make it that long.

lovebug

@sbcglobal.net
I used to work for them & seen this all the time. I bet the $100 something bill was after 3 months so your payng for the movie channels & you didn't submit your rebates.

Smoochz

@rr.com
I don't know if anyone took the initiative to do it.....I feel this company needs to be reported to the better business bureau & FCC, so others will know the scam they run on their customers. I have been reading a lot of positive with mostly negative feed-backs, because i was trying to decide to leave time Warner because it changed to insight .....but now reviewing all negative comments I might just stay with twc.....or in the future go back to AT&T it was super, just a little pricey but great csr & great fiber optics tv....Just voiced my opinion because i too am currently on disability & I understand how you feel.....

POd Cust

@pstel.net

Watch for overdrafts from them

It started when my debit card declined at the gas station, I called my bank and was told my account was over drawn by $300 because of a recent charge by Directv of $957.23!?!? My normal bill is $75, so I called customer service and when I was finally able to talk to someone I could understand, I found out it was a mistake and was charged to the wrong account. It was a couple of weeks before Christmas and I still had shopping to do for my boys so I said "OK, just credit me back the money and everything will be ok" I was told that refunds take about 30 days to go through!!! Needless to say I was not happy, and apparently nobody could help me with this or wanted to explain to my boys why Santa wasn't bringing much this year. I found the CEO's email and told him the whole thing, he was very apologetic and said he would expedite it. It was back in my account the next day. My hat's off to the CEO for making it right, but for the customer service and their mistake, there is no excuse for that kind of incompetence. I have not been under contract with them for over a year now, so after that fiasco, I will be a Dish customer. My brother and a few co-workers have dish and said they have awesome customer service but don't offer as many channels. I think I will sacrifice a couple of channels for service because that's what both of these company's business is, providing service. I will update on my Dish experience when I get set up.

Ron

@embarqhsd.net

Re: Watch for overdrafts from them

I had this same issue. My family moved over 1,000 miles. customer service told me I cold freeze my account until we got settled. only a week after getting settled in our new home Direct tv took over $1,000.00 out of my bank account for non payment of one month. skipping over lots of phone battles with VERY rude service reps. everything was cleared up they added 2 years to my contract ( prison term ) and the money was never returned instead I didn't have to pay a bill until the money took was at a zero balance. This was just as we started Christmas shopping and broke! If ever your stuck indoors with your family due to weather you better go rent a movie Direct tv rarely gets reception during bad weather. Don't ever get Direct Tv oh by the way they have been dropping lots of channels lately

Review by maestro7 See Profile

• Location: Loganville,Walton,GA
Good "Always up and responsive CSRs, both live and email"
Bad "Prices will continue rising in 2014"
Overall "Probably the best service and deals in the industry"

·AT&T Southeast
After having written about AT&T DSL and Comcast HSI lately, I decided to post a recent review on DirecTV after re-initiating my yearly HD fee call to them.

More than 10 years ago my now wife had DirecTV service, and after we got married I saw no reason to talk her out of it, especially as our upgrade to HD everything in the house (just two receivers at this point - the standard HD DVR and non-DVR HD receiver) about 3 years ago was installed flawlessly.

At the moment, we pay approximately $83 and change per month for service. This includes a grandfathered Choice plan sitting at $71, receiver fee (second fee apparently permanently waived), DVR fee, $5 BellSouth bundle credit, and an ever-going $10 HD fee credit.

I'm pretty sure we've never paid the HD fee. In fact, this time, I emailed DirecTV asking when our previous $10 off/month credit would expire (turning out to be a few days ago), and they asked me to call in to talk. I did.

Mind you, I was nice to the CSR who answered, knowing that DirecTV CSRs really, really like a good haggling conversation (last year I ended up getting a full $30 credit for a year by being aggressive with them).

So, their first response was $5 credit for six months. My response was to back off and thanked her for her time (I believe I mentioned to her that I was aware that package prices were going up in 2014 [likely by $3 for my tier], so I knew this would only net a savings of $2/month). She immediately responded by asking why I wouldn't want this deal. I responded by saying, "I think we can do better than that."

She came back after a matter of seconds and gave me $10/month credit for a year. I immediately said this was fantastic and thanked her (it didn't hurt that we're long-time customers and have been off contract for more than a year).

Now, regarding our equipment, neither my wife nor I have any intentions of upgrading, as everything is good for now. Besides, based on discussions on this site, I'm sure that'll be another 20-minute call to positively haggle a deal on the Genie devices (or whatever's latest at that point). The last time I called to check up on that (more than 6 months ago), they wanted $1000 for the DVR receiver, $300 for whole-home install, and some other sum to install. Of course, we'd long leave before we'd agree to those kinds of prices, especially since most folks can now get all the above for a fraction of that total cost. Plus, I'm not inclined to kow-tow to another 2-year agreement quite yet.

Continuing to enjoy DirecTV...

-- Update: 12/30/2013:

Apparently some subscribers are permanently eligible for free (no hardware cost) upgrade to the current Genie/client system, potentially including the wireless Genie client (currently in limited rollout).

Details of my experience here:

»www.satelliteguys.us/threads/326···t3338840

Comments:
System

(topic move) Lost signal last night cant get any service tech

»Lost signal last night cant get any service tech

Moderator Action
This topic was moved to the forum Cable & Satellite TV

lorenbeatty

review

While the tv service is good they have the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life...and As a retired police officer i know customer service
maestro7

join:2004-08-31
Loganville, GA
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Southeast

Re: review

said by lorenbeatty :

I'm really sorry to hear that.

What's strange to me is that I seem to encounter significantly worse attitudes from the random CSRs at AT&T or Comcast than I do at DirecTV.

Maybe you came across some bad ones at DirecTV, or maybe they just see that our account is so old and out of contract that they don't immediately try to piss me off

LaLeMerrill

@cox.net
The WORST customer service. Scam status. I have made phone calls to cancel particular programming, DOGTV for example, but when I call to dispute the continued charges, they show no record of my phone calls to cancel. This is only ONE of many examples. I am pleased to know I am not alone --- unfortunately

Review by Timmn See Profile

• Location: Tinley Park,Cook,IL
Good "Since they changed the dish, I've had no problems at all, not even rain fade."
Bad "Price goes up every year."
Overall "They are still cheaper than Comcast."
Mail,DNS,News:

I have the HD Choice package with the H24-100 box and the HR24-100 DVR. I don't know what the advertised price is, but they are currently charging me $98.98 a month.

I was having a lot of problems with rain fade, but then the whole system went out during a thunderstorm. Even though I didn't have their "protection" package, they came out and replaced the dish and both the old HD box and the DVR with the H24 and the HR24, and didn't charge me.

However, their yearly price increases are bad, and they are quickly getting to the point where I can no longer afford them, so when this next price increase starts, I will be calling to cancel.

member for 14.4 years, 728 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

lmart

@ntelos.net

Bad service

As of jan 10th I am still without service since jan 7th and not scheduled to get fixed until jan 13 I have called everyday to no avail this is the worst company I have ever dealt with if your thinking of using direct tv don't do it they run to get you installed but when something goes wrong that not their problem this is not the first time it has happened and I've only had the service 6 months two outages and 2 times taking too much money out of my account is too much and customer service what a joke just my two cents worth

Review by Bubba See Profile

• Location: St. Andrews

·Pickwick Cablevi..
They still awight

member for 12 years, 3605 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Jack Matos

@verizon.net

Unhappy DirecTV Costumer

My Advice: DO NOT SIGN UP for DIRECTV, unless you don't have any other options. Salesperson are not disclosing up front that once you sign up you're stuck for 2 year contract. Even the costs they tell is way off from reality. I can prove it. Again this is my advice. I learned it the hard way. Even the Walmart gift card they gave me expired prior to the installation. I am not sure if they are going to honor it to me. It's sad.

tobijuan

Re: Unhappy DirecTV Costumer

Watch them! They force free stuff on you, then you get a tremendous bill from them. You must call every month and cancel their free stuff, just to be safe about keeping your money. They are greedy for your money, and sneaky about getting it. I am not a football fan, then all of a sudden I got a huge gigantic bill for a special football channel that I never even watched! Seems when you sign up it is automatically billed to your account the year AFTER you signed up, because you did not call in and cancel it! Did you know you are going to get billed for the football channel? It is not cheap. You gotta watch them!

jackmatos

@verizon.net

Re: Unhappy DirecTV Costumer

Thank u for let me know. Happy new year.

pat

@mchsi.com
They were very dishonest to me. My 2 year term is up now. I will never ever advise anyone to go with them. I found out after i got it, and it was to late------Wait till you get billed when you are done----it is not good I will spread the word, like other people have me

Snow storm

@myvzw.com

Upset customer

I called at 4:30 to say that they did not show up to install my services between 12-4. The lady on the phone confirmed that my apt had been canceled due to weather and that I would have to pick a new date for them to come out, only the next day they had was nearly a week away. They did not bother to call me to tell me that my instillation was canceled either they just waited for me to call. To make matters worse, I just got a phone call right now more then half way though the day saying that I needed to call and reschedule. Thanks for nothing direct tv!