DIRECTV page on DSLReports

Review by brettarmstrong93

• Location: Opelika,Lee,AL
Mail,DNS,News:

I was told to be here at noon and the installer would come between noon and 4. At 4, a lady three states away called and told me the guy would be here between 4 & 5. It is now 5:20, no one has arrived & the automated calling service says my installer is 45 minutes away! Would not recommend.

Sent from my iPhone

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Mp

Direct tv is a SCAM!

Direct tv is a scam because they sent me a flyer for 200 dollar debit card for signin up for direct tv an then I called an spoke to multiple people and they all were saying that I wasn't eligible for the debit card when that was the whole reason I signed up they just suck you in an then scam you I would not recommend direct tv too anyone. This is ridiculous. Because they said the people that signed me up for it didn't put the debit card on my account saying that I was able to get the debit card. That is a scam.

Suckered

@cox.net

Re: Direct tv is a SCAM!

Wow! Same issue here just tonight. Suppose to be here by 4pm, automated call came after we got a call around 5 minutes after 4 from installer. Automated called said same, 45 minutes away. The installer got here around 4:30, had to call in a friend to help and they left here at 7:30.
ollie71

join:2013-01-02

Unhappy with new DTV install

DTV was installed 10/18/12. Installation rep did not go over what he was installing, to see if it was what I ordered/wanted. He had probems connecting to my WiFi, but said it was corrected, then left. I had intermittent trouble since then with WiFi connections & pixillation. Called them 10/28/12 c/o pixillating on tv screen & they assisted with correcting it. Thought all issues were resolved, but NO they weren't. Called them again 11/22/12 about loss of WiFi connection. Received new ethernet cable after Thanksgiving. Still had problems, so called them again. Today, tech came to house & said there were initial install problems & corrected them, got rid of ethernet & WiFi works great! But we discovered that we did not have GENIE DVR, as I had requested in the first place. Called Customer Service & they said they had only one record of my calling with complaints, & that I couldn't get the free GENIE because I waited too long to tell them that what I had wasn't what I ordered. The GENIE would be $500, not free like the ads state! Rep gave me every excuse in the book, blaming ME for not knowing that I didn't have a GENIE, not accepting any responsibility for the 'bait and switch'! How was I to know that what looked like a GENIE wasn't one? As I said my reception was intermittent. I would NEVER recommend DTV to anyone! I now know that many of my friends/family have also had negative reviews of DTV.

Janet

@mycingular.net

Direct tv sucks

Direct tv sucks they told me I could cancel at no cost 30 days after activation n when I called to cancel due to unsatisfactory service they told me that I have to pay $460 are u kidding me?? Do not recommend. Dish is much better service

Richga

@wayport.net

Re: Direct tv sucks

same thing here.. this was the only reason i had dtv installed. a 30 day cancellation option. called on day 28 only to hear the same thing. $480 in fees. they said i had to cncel within the first 24 hour. i can't wait for this contract to be gone..

blxiblues

@comcast.net

SLIMY Sales Technique !!!

Although they talk a good talk, DIRECT TV is just as slimy as all the others. I called to explore the option of switching from COMCAST. I just wanted info. My bad: I allowed myself to be railroaded into scheduling a tentative installation appt. Their bad: Even though I cancelled the appt 12 hours later, the installation charge still appeared on my credit card, and now I will wait 10 days for a refund. Just as bad as COMCAST, maybe worse.

Keel

@bellsouth.net

Direc TV

In comparison to Dishnetwork, DirecT TV is a thief. It is obvious that Dishnetwork are honest people; they are upfront as to what you will pay for your monthly services. I signed a contract for a fixed monthly payment during a promotion for two years. When I received my first month bill, it was on target. When the second bill arrived, the payment had ballooned up. They are deceitful when they tell the customers about their initial sign-on, and once the contract is signed they manipulate your account to their satisfaction. "DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DIRECT TV," it is a scam, and they come up with all kinds of lies to cover their backs. Apparently, they think that the American public is stupid. Well, those same customers have friends and they have friends that will give them heads up about Direct tv's scams. Eventually, their business/wall will come tumbling down. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW DIRECT TV!!! One pissed off unsatisfied short-term customer.

Re: Direc TV

Well Dish Network is a joke. They lie, lie, lie!!! My bill has never been right. I should be paying around $130.00 give or take a dollar or two but my bills have been over $200.00. Every time you talk to someone they change their story. My husband was talking to some lady and wanted to fax her our statements for the last year and a half, she wanted no part of it. She got defensive and said she was looking at the same statement but it wasn't reading what was on ours. They are liers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scamed

@spcsdns.net

thief

direct tv is a thief got my atm card number for hookup charged me and then canceled said soneone else lived their before so they had to keep my money now I have to cancel my debit card.

Review by marsha See Profile

• Location: Schuylkill Haven,Schuylkill,PA
Bad "Poor Customer Service..... Beware"
Overall "Would not recommend"
Mail,DNS,News:

I have Direct TV for a year now and I would not recommend them to anyone... At first they leave you with this warm and fuzzy feeling ..... till they have you sign on the line. When I was first researching Direct TV people who were unhappy with them all said the same thing. They will tell you what you want to hear BUT be concerned with what they are not telling you. And they only help you and make promises to you when it is time to renew... Which I will be not doing at the end of my contract and I am counting the months. I have had the service for for a year and got 3 receiver boxes FREE because of my credit at time of installation (And was told today I could have gotten 4 FREE with the deal I joined under)....Now a year later and never being a day late with my payment I call to get another box and I am told that it will cost me 99.99 for box PLUS a 6.00 a month extra fee. I can understand the monthly extra fee because another tv will be receiving signal HOWEVER I will not pay 99.99 for another box that in one year they will offer to give me for free to keep me when I disconnect and go back to Comcast.... Would you not want to keep a customer happy??? The lady on the phone just told me " After one year of service you are not considered a loyal customer" let me guess.... one year from now when my contract is gonna run out I will then be a loyal customer....I have to say next year I will be a Comcast customer AGAIN....Please listen to someone who has lived and learned Direct TV is not what they tell you they are..Beware of what they are NOT telling you.

LISTEN to this MAN!

I too have the same opinion of DirecTV.

Had been a solid customer for two years with a contract, allowed them to use auto pay to deduct payments on time automatically.
When I went to cancel after MEETING ALL OF MY OBLIGATIONS it was the worst experience I have EVER had in my 30 years of dealing with CSRs at ANY company!!!!!

Check out my other reviews on DirecTV.

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO DIRECTV.

THEY ARE CROOKS AND SCAMMERS!
whozzit

join:2003-03-26
Westwood, CA
·DigitalPath

DirecTV...

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I had DirecTV (analog) for a few years; two boxes and three TV's; and when I called them about one thing or another about a year and a half ago the girl, when looking at my service said, "OMG!" "You're entitled to a new HDTV dish and two new HDTV receivers at no cost to you what so ever!" So I asked her what was the holdup? It was a couple of bucks extra for the HD but it wasn't much. The installation and all of the equipment was free. And I've still got the old dish and the two other receivers out in the garage (right next to the old DishNetwork dish and receivers from a few years before I went with DirecTV). The DirecTV setup hasn't done a thing wrong in the last couple of years. I've been cutting down the "package" some, over the last year or so. I've made up for more than I've cut with a Roku device that's attached to the TV and connects wireless to my wireless router so the Roku programming is there 24/7 as well. Any more I find myself watching movies and things over the internet and on my computer than I do watching things on the TV's.

overit

@myvzw.com

look closely everytime

We have been loyal DTV customers for 12 years, due to a lack of choices where we live. Back in September we moved to a new place and took it with us,, no problem they even upgraded us to HDTV receivers we pay the bills, one day my husband gets to looking at the bill and sees that they are charging us for 3 receivers, we only have 2, he calls customer service and they tell him he has to pay the bill in full before they can credit us back the money. We owed 60$ they owed us 48$, didn't understand why after 12 years they couldn't credit it back. Fast forward to today, I wake up to watch the news and it says we have no service, call customer service and it won't let us talk to a person, keeps telling us to make a payment-we owed $88, paid $100 last week, so that would be extra money? Plus they still owe us the other credit! Now that we live closer to civilization I think it's time we just get CABLE!

• Location: Bingen,Klickitat,WA
Good "nothing"
Bad "everything"
Overall "You're insane to sign up with them."
Mail,DNS,News:

I would be embarrassed to put "DIRECTV Customer Service Rep" on my resume.

I've never been late, always paid on time, ideal customer. Despite
that, every time I call I'm hung up on, put on hold and they never
come back and today I was told "sorry it's been a long week" while a
rep was really cranky with me.

What the hell is going on over there? Is this slave labor or
something? I've never so consistently encountered such a miserable
group of people each and every single time I contact DIRECTV with a
simple question like: did you get the extra receiver I sent back to
you? Seriously, it took 20 minutes and one disconnect to get an answer
to that question.

It's bizarre. If there is such a thing as a call center run out of a
prison, this is one of them. I've never longed to speak to a rep in
India before today, but that would be a much more productive
experience for sure. I'll be cancelling and finding a more
professional outfit to do business with. These people are weird. And
mean. You can imagine how this spills over into money management and
billing. Night. Mare.

Beware.

You are NOT alone!

I'm glad you mentioned this because I too experienced the EXACT same attitude that you have under the same circumstances.

Signed up for 2 yr contract. Used auto pay...fulfilled the contract for the 2 yrs. Called to cancel due to the regular price being way too high for what you get. Transferred to "retention" where the OBNOXIOUS, LOUDMOUTHED, BELIGERENT, customer NO service rep went on about how he INSISTED I tell him what it would take for me to stay before he would cancel my account....Well I told him 25$/mo with current package with NO contract....puts me on hold for 15 minutes and finally returns telling me they can't do that as the market doesn't reflect that kind of price...LOL Again I say cancel for the 10th time!!! Then this asshat yelling says "We will find all your PPVs that you ordered as you don't have a phone line connected to your receiver...CLEARLY THREATENING ME! as if it would intimidate me into renewing because I had "Cheated them"...Well I told that
forking asshole that if he checked I had only ordered ONE PPV the over the entire two years BY ACCIDENT, and had called them IMMEDIATELY after the error to have it removed...

Now that shut that monkey up finally he cancelled the account...without so much as an apology for his OUTRAGEOUS behavior on the phone, I have NEVER encountered such behavior in my over 30 years of dealing with CSRs at ANY OTHER COMPANY!

I was so disgusted that I sent a return receipt requested snail mail to the then CEO a couple of years ago and recounted what happened, I asked him to investigate and get back to me about this abusive behavior....well a couple of weeks later I received the postal slip indicating that DirecTV executive manglement had received the letter, but not ONE word out of them after that.....

I will NEVER subscribe to DirecTV again and I will tell as many other people I know to STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

DIRECTV ARE CROOKS!
Couriant

join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

I concur -- and I work in a cable internet call center

I had a similar experience that I haven't had the time to forward the complaint to the higher ups and BBB. We canceled cable TV (I live in an area we don't provide services) to get DirecTV as it would have been cheaper even if I was in full price. The breakdown is:

I called up for some pre-sales question - hung up on while getting some information and the person quickly came from nice to frustrated... I was also ill at the time.

We finally ordered the services as we are moving, only to find out that the CSR didn't include the wireless clients for the Genie. No problem... however they had to do the whole order again, giving us a new account number (makes no sense to me)... which we found out that she also made a mistake (missed our referral). Also we ordered the Fox Sports A La Carte (Channels 621/622) but that somehow was missed... and now to the customer/technical support...

I called technicial support and apparantely they don't know their lineups as they told me 621 and 622 is not available as a separate package/a la carte... but their channel lineup says so otherwise. They were trying to push the full package or drop to the lower teir and get sports because my current plan does not allow to add sports to it.

Also they were trying to make themselves look good for offering me their wireless access point so I can have on-demand for free... however it was already in my order and the tech did not install it/didn't have it with him.

The field tech was nice and did a good job and so far I have had no issues with the service or it's quality (living in Arizona has it's benefits... unless you are in the north )

Now our move is done... time to rip into a manager about these inconsistencies. If it wasn't for conflict of interest, i would demand the CS Managers job and fix this ugly mess.

• Location: Hicksville,Nassau,NY
Mail,DNS,News:

payback time for direct tv. a guy named ken called me last week to offer me
a dvr and other stuff he called me at work during the night shift and was
told NO and do not call me again ,well he called back tonight and was not
given a warm welcome , i was up on a ladder and had to stop my crew to deal
with him. he thought it was so funny he blocked his number and called me
three more times . help me fill his calender . i need as many people to
call him at 1 800 375 8211 ex 105 and tell him this is what happens when
you screw with customers . it's MY money and if i chose not to give it to
you . i hold the upper hand, i'm the customer . please call often and every
time you want to vent a little tyvm dno

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:
Technicholas
join:2010-11-11
Winterset, IA

It isn't

»800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-375-8211 its not a corporate directv its a reseller.

mjybt

@bellsouth.net

Re: It isn't

they got me with an NFL package I didn't order for an extra 30/month. I told them on the phone to just cancell service. the ass clown told me no ! and hung up. I paid the last bill for the month, they turned off the service, but continued to bill me. again I called and asked where to send equipment to, they said they would not terminate service and charges and LAUGHED and hung up. 3 months later direct TV STOLE $435.38 out of my bank account. I cancelled the bank card and my bank said that direct tv can use the info from the cancelled card and find my wifes card info to continue to charge. I had to close bank account. they are still calling and sending bills for large amounts of money. how can 4 months at $55.00/mo. add up to over $700.00? *this is why you cannot open service without a credit card. * Iwent to AT&T who set up the service and have been hanging around telling people about what they do to you. a few have changed their minds after talking to me, but more needs to be done. I guess it's time to take it to probate court.

Nickie

@bresnan.net

Horrible Choice

Choosing to go with Directv was the worst choice I ever made!!! This is a HORRIBLE company. They continued to add false charges to my account so I closed it. I paid them in full but began receiving calls months later from a collection agency stating I owed for some charge that they could not explain. Take some advice and DO NOT make the same mistake I did. Go with another cable provider.

Marcos

@galaxyvisions.com

Re: Horrible Choice

Agreed. I cancelled my service while still in contract, I was 11 months into a 2 year contract so I have to pay for 13 months @ 20 USD each. (Please note, all other providers only charge 10 USD). The rep I spoke to during the cancellation also confirmed this period of cancellation. I understood this and accepted it perfectly, even made payments towards the cancellation charge before those charges were posted, but then they have said the charges were for an additional 6 months. After several calls trying to figure why, one rep said it was because my contract was extended when I added an additional receiver (although, I paid for it 99.99 USD) and this had reset my contract. NO ONE and absolutely NO NOTIFICATION that adding additional equipment will result in EXTENSION OF CONTRACT. After continueing to contact them about this, they came to the conclusion that this was a valid charge and that I would be responsible for it. Please take note, before this decision was reached, a manager had authorized a reimbursment for the receiver, and explained the contract was not supposed to have been extended. Unfortunately, no one honored the refund and after several more hours and calls I was left with a charge and warning that if I didnt pay, I would be taken to collections. NEVER AGAIN DIRECT TV. Incompetent personnel which everytime I called gave a different answer, lack of communication (never got called back when I was promised) and most importantly illigal extension of contract as they never asked for my consent to do so!

SALYSUEFUKU

@comcast.net
DTV IS A SATELLITE PROVIDER. NOT A CABLE PROVIDER.

NotHappy

@clearwire-wmx.net

Dvr recording

They suck !!! Direct tv lie to
Me bottom line they lie to me when I sign up promising record up to 5 programs at the same time , not so only 2 programs at the same time I ask for a change and they say 200$ for a change total rip off

Review by meka2710 See Profile

• Location: Stillwater,Payne,OK
Good "Many channels"
Bad "Expensive, unauthorized charges, poor customer service"
Overall "I would not recommend DirecTV"
Mail,DNS,News:

DirecTV "gave" us an NFL package without notice. Apparently, it was a free trial offer with an auto renew, but they never informed us. We didn't use it because we didn't even know we had it. DirecTV then added the NFL package to our plan without our consent and started charging us $33 per month. Our bill went up to $197 a month! When I finally noticed it, I called to cancel the NFL pkg. I didn't ask for a refund for the past charges, I just asked to cancel the $33 pkg from that day forward. They said I couldn't cancel because I was bound by contract. They said I should have called them within days of the first charge. How could I be bound by contract when I never authorized the extra package in the first place? I wish I could switch to Dish Network but I can't until next summer without paying a big cancellation fine. I did an online search and DirecTV has a ton of negative reviews and complaints about unauthorized charges. I have paperless billing and auto payment set up for the convenience, but now I will have to check my DirecTV bill line by line for unauthorized charges every single month in case they try and do this again. A DirecTV call center employee anonymously posted on a blog that every customer needs to read ALL of the fine print on their DirecTV contract, because it states that they have the right to add packages to your plan without your consent. The employee basically stated it is the customer's fault since it is perfectly legal. I had Dish Network for over 10 years and they never added anything without our consent first. I will switch back to Dish as soon as our DirecTV contract ends.

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

join:2012-06-11

DirecTV is run by CRIMINALS!

I hear you.

Call them and tell that because they have NOT LIVED UP TO THEIR PART OF THE CONTRACT (by adding services they charge for without the consent of the customer) have VIOLATED their agreement with you, what they have done constitutes FRAUD!

Tell them that you IMMEDIATELY dissolve the contract because DirecTV violated it. If they refuse or give you ANY trouble ask to speak with a supervisor and inform them that if they refuse to end the contract (WITH NO FEES OR CHARGES FOR THE TERMINATION) you will be contacting your state's attorney general, and the local media.

Don't use DirecTV they are crooks.

DebbieG

@bhn.net

Re: DirecTV is run by CRIMINALS!

I agree they are crooks. I contacted my state's attorney general but it didn't do any good.
Trolling

join:2013-01-14
Ogden, UT
If you have read directv contract, You would understand that is not violating it in any way.Nfl Sunday ticket does auto renew. if You dont want that charge on your bill, Call to cancel before the season starts. I have recieved a letter with my bill that informs me to cancel that service before i get charged. if you disregarded the letter without reading it thats your fault and you sound like a jackass complaining about something you could of easily avoided.

Review by Jackarino See Profile

• Location: Allendale,Bergen,NJ
Good "Alot of channels and features"
Bad "Storms"
Overall "Excellent if there isn't a storm outside"
Mail,DNS,News:

I loved directv! I had a ton of channels and an excellent DVR service. Price is good, a little on the high side after a year or two. If there's any kind of storm or light drizzle outside, don't plan on watching tv, because this service is terrible in those situations!

member for 7.9 years, 2108 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by backtodt See Profile

• Location: Frisco,Collin,TX
Good "dependable and interface is nice to use"
Overall "so glad to have it back and be rid of Dish"
Mail,DNS,News:

Had DirecTV but switched to Dish for a good deal. Lousy service and interface with Dish was awful. Nothing was easy to use. Swithched back to DirecTV. I have so many free things that Dish said would cost extra so they only seemed cheaper than DirecTV. Now I can record 5 shows at once where I was limited to 2. I LOVE DirecTV!!

member for 2 years, 0 visits, last login: 2 years ago

Comments:

Russelld

@centurytel.net

Dish vs. directv

I switched from dish to directv and I've had nothing but trouble with directv. The screen freezes when you do anything, so I have to reboot the whole system about once a day. Techs have been out twice in the first month, still problems. I've call tech support maybe three times in addition to tech guys being out here. They say I have the best top of the line directv receiver in my house. At least the reset button works without fail, but that's about it.

Guy

@cox.net

Horrible Service, Rude People, Bait and Switch Tactics

The worst experience in 2012. Ordered Services and they tried to "bait and switch" to a higher price. Called President Mike White informed he Never talks to customers, too bad. went to a customer service department who didn't care, told me in essence to take it or leave it. talked to a supervisor Kelly Morgan and she was rude and said it was my problem. i couldn't believe in todays business market a company operated like this. I will never recommend them to anyone and anytime anyone asks me they are the very worst! too bad.

Unhappy Cust

@sonic.net

Too high a PRICE and POOR Customer Service

The price jumps to ridiculous amounts and the customer service is really shit. We canceled only to find that the bill doesn't - haha. I would not want to inflict this kind of service on my worse enemy.

Service reps ROBO talk and little in the way of customer satisfaction was received.

LIED TO

@sonic.net

Talk to So Asia - and Get Satisfaction?????

I cancelled my service with DIRECT TV and in the process have found them to have NO ETHICS or INTEGRITY. At the cancellation we were told by the "Resolutions Department" that we just needed to ship back the equipment and that our balance would be zero. Today I received a bill for $101.01 I have talked to 3 Customer Service Agents - one of which told me that the account would be "zeroed out" and to a supervisor in So Asia.

I asked the supervisor for some INTEGRITY - that they would actually stand behind what their PEOPLE SAID - she said that "INTEGRITY is being consistent." Maybe I just don't get it - but I always thought it was "STANDING BEHIND YOUR WORD."

DirectTV must be consistent in misleading and screwing people.

Dissapointed

@fau.edu

Re: Talk to So Asia - and Get Satisfaction?????

Same experience, but I did not cancelled, instead I moved and downgraded the service. Direct TV customer service, never switch the package, therefore I was paying for a program that i did not receive. Called and talked to two supervisors and they didn't care, they stated that the program will be switched to the new package but have to pay for the premier programer. I will never recommend Direct TV, they are a ripoff.

Review by grimlock See Profile

• Location: Tampa,Hillsborough,FL
Good "Crystal clear HD and outstanding channel line-up"
Bad "Pre-sales information about prices and fees"
Overall "It's the best bang for the buck I've ever gotten"

I really wanted to be a good cord-cutter and just go with OTA signals in addition to the various apps I get on my PS3, but unfortunately, physics precludes this. OTA signals are line-of-sight and I cannot receive them. But I also enjoy sports quite a bit so I have to have some good sports programming.

Keeping this in mind, I had two choices: DirecTV and Verizon FiOS. DirecTV offered the channel line-up I want for about $35/month (later went up to $50); Verizon offered the same selection for ~$75/month. That, in addition to the fact that Verizon does not carry NasaTV which is FREE, quickly eliminated Verizon. So I signed up for DirecTV's "Choice" package with an HD receiver (I did not want the DVR and its extra fees). I ordered it on a Sunday and the best they could do was to install it on Friday. That seemed below average to me, but the technician was awesome. He was friendly and knew what he was doing. Installation took maybe 20 minutes at the most. However he didn't have to install anything but the receiver and get it programmed and I was off to the races. (FYI: I live in a condo which already has the dishes installed, so it's satellite TV but from my perspective it's really great cable.)

Since then, it's been rock-solid reliable. I love the channels I get, the HD is crystal clear all the time, and I only pay ~$50/month for the next year. After the first 12 months, it will go up to ~$73/month for another 12 months, then the mandatory 2 year contract ends and I will re-assess my OTA situation. I also love their onscreen tv guide menu...

The only thing I noticed and didn't like was that the fees add up faster than I was led to believe. They say the first HD receiver is free, and I only have 1 HD set, then they charge me a $10 fee for HD service. I thought I could get my payments down to about ~$45/month, but they always seem to have another fee they can throw in there to keep it at least $50. Or maybe I just really stink at math, that wouldn't surprise me either lol. But even after all that, only paying $50/month for 12 months and getting all these channels, I really couldn't be happier.

Comments:

Review by jdharshfield See Profile

• Location: Eagle River,Anchorage,AK
Bad "Directv"
Overall "Bad customer service, misleading services, stick with cable!"

Directv sucks!

You can’t watch on demand shows from any TV without recording the show on the DVR first!

On demand show are downloaded via your internet connection forcing you to upgrade your bandwidth!

If you have the average WIFI router in your home you’ll have to buy one that pushed out more bandwidth or no other devices can is the WIFI.

Directv has the worst customer service I’ve even encountered!

On 14 September 2012 we had Directv installed in our home. We are big on demand fans as we enjoy watching TV on our schedule not the networks. When directv was installed they did not install the Home Cinema Kit which lets you access on demand shows. We called Directv and they sent us the kit but to the wrong address twice, taking over a week in a half for one to actually get to us. I hooked it up and we could now get on demand shows but only on the DVR not the other 3 Directv boxes. I called Directv for the 10th about this issue and was informed for the first time that only the DVR would allow us to watch on demand shows. But if we wanted we could download the show via the DVR and then watch it on any other TV. We were sold this system under the impression that it would work just like cable, which it doesn’t! To resolve this Directv will send us another DVR for $280 or disconnect for a huge fee.

join:2012-06-11

DirecTV are SCAM ARTISTS.

DirectTV are scam artists.

Customer service is THE ABSOLUTE worst I have EVER encountered.

SD picture is like watching youtube at 240p resolution with huge blocky digital artifacts and poor color and contrast quality. Any cable service will be better.

When cancelling my service I was connected with
"customer retention". The OUTRAGEOUS csr was practically yelling at me after I told him at least ten times to simply cancel the service (I was thankfully OUT of my contract!) And thought he could "threaten:" me to stay by accusing me of ordering a lot of PPVs I hadn't payed for, blatant LIE! Only had ONE PPV ordered accidentally which was noted on my account.

I was so horrified by the experience that I sent a snail mail return requested to the then CEO of DirecTV. After about ten days I received the post office receipt that the executive offices had received the letter, but NO ONE from the executive offices ever contacted me about the issue, NOT ONE WORD FROM THEM!

DO NOT USE DirecTV, they are scam artists and crooks.

• Location: San Antonio,Bexar,TX
Mail,DNS,News:

I have had nothing but issues with directv from the moment I started
service. I requested specific services and the rep yes'd me to death and
when it came time for service to be set up, nothing was correct. There was
no internet set up. I didn't have the channels I requested. There was no
whole home dvr set up and when I called them after everything was installed
they told me that they did not have whole home dvr and that it would be an
extra charge to get the channels I wanted. The channel issue and internet
was set up that day. A couple weeks later I get one of their sales emails
and it says whole home dvr. I call them to ask why it wasn't set up and
they said they could and quoted me the price and they were going to charge
me close to $300 to have the technician come out and set it up. It took me
contacting the better business bureau to get everything I asked for without
the extra charges and hassle.

Now it's over a year later and I moved. It was cheaper for me to just pay
the cancellation fee so when I called to set up a payment plan for that as
I've since been laid off, they told me they will automatically debit my
credit card on file after 20 days. The rep told me that if I tell the bank
to reject the payment, they wll send be a bill after that. I asked for the
card they have on file and so I set that up. I checked another card
account I have today and they took it from an old card. I contacted
directv again and they "don't know why the other rep told me that" that was
the card on file and they will not be issuing a refund since the money is
owed. I explained that now my first month's rent check is going to bounce
because of them and she kept repeating that they have every right to debit
the account even though I told them they did not.

Stay away from them. Even if it's in writing it's on their terms at all
times.

join:2012-06-11

DirecTV are scam artists!

I agree they are crooks, and stiff arm bandits.

Outrageously obnoxious customer service reps! Bullies, that attempt to threaten you . Fraudulent practices abound.

See my other post I made about DirecTV in the other recent review about them listed in the reviews.

bond007

@verizon.net

Re: DirecTV are scam artists!

Directv cannot be trusted; they mislead - quote you a price, say $29.99, but by the time they done with you by adding charges here and there you total bill easily doubles what they quote you initially. Their business model is among those I avoid - they are deceptive.