DIRECTV page on DSLReports

Review by Bridges003 See Profile

• Location: Wildwood,Sumter,FL
Good "Lots of chanels"
Bad "they take all your money! Service goes out with the lightest rain, hidden fees"
Overall "DON'T ORDER DIRECTV!"
Mail,DNS,News:

First and foremost, DirecTV has hidden fees. My first bill was more than I was told it would be. It had hidden fees and stuff that I did not want on it... DirecTV took care of it but I feel that they should ask you if you want insurance and stuff before they just go sticking it on your bill. My bill was supposed to be $66 a month and my first bill was over $100...

Secondly, the service sucks, it went out EVERY time it rained, even light rains.

Third, they take your money, even if you say no. I canceled their service over a year early, I knew that meant early cancellation fees, which I planned on paying as soon as I could since I didn't want it on my credit... But guess what? DirecTV ran my card everyday and took every dollar I had until they got their money, they would run my card until they got an amount that it would go through for... This caused many problems with my bank, I actually had to call them and have the card canceled... I also called DirecTV and spoke with someone about this and they said the only way they would give my money back is if I reconnect their service & that they would run my card until they got ALL of their money, how is this even legal?! I just told them that they don't have permission to do that!!!!!!

DO NOT ORDER THEIR SERVICE!

Comments:

jay225

@174.16.69.x

same thing happened ran my card

I had cancelled my direct tv and truly was going to pay and was waiting for my boxes to return all equipment, they than decided to run my card for a large amount of money. I called the bank of unauthorized purchases and called the company... Spoke to a representative at Direct TV and he told me I couldn't receive the funds back until I reconnected. I spent hours going rounds with this guy and about 4 others. State of the fact is, this is in fact illegal and is considered un-authorized debit which is illegal, they half to have your permission for any and all credit card and debit purchases. I would suggest never to have service with direct tv. I am having my bank and lawyer actually help me fight this, due to the large amount of money they took out of my account without my acceptance of the charge.

No company is allowed to this, and after researching I have read multiple companies return funds no questions ask, direct tv is heartless and have horrible customer service and service in general.

FureverFurry
join:2012-02-20
Wyoming, MI
·Vonage

The problem with autopay

While autopay is convenient, it is giving the business direct and unlimited access to your payment method. The other important point is that it is up to that business to process the "stop" of autopay: not your bank, credit union or credit card. Some businesses are a bit slower than others to do so. Also, it takes at least one (usually two) billing cycles to start AND stop.
Please support Great Lakes Bengal Rescue, a 501c3 charity. Foster homes are urgently needed for the beautiful Bengal cats in rescue.
Timmn

join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL
·AT&T Yahoo
·DIRECTV

I guess I must have been lucky...

When I had DirecTV, I had problems with rain fade also, that is until they sent out a technician who seemed to know what he was doing. He replaced the dish, and most of my problems with rain fade ended. It had to be a really bad storm to quit working.

When I called to cancel, they asked me why I wanted to cancel, and I told them that I could no longer afford it, and that was it. They sent me a "recovery kit" and I sent their equipment back. Other than getting junk mail from them begging me to come back, I haven't heard anything from them.

I do have to admit that my contract had ended, and maybe that had something to do with it.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
·Power-Net Intern..

I had the rain problem also...

But when I changed to HDTV the new dish solved most of the rain and snow outages. The new HD dishes have a much higher gain at the dish than the old SD dishes.

As far as the "extra" added fees I was told up front what they would be as such I think that you may be able to blame your salesman. They are listed plainly on the website also. I am a soccer aficionado and nowhere have I found as many stations that show soccer than DirecTv. I have eight channels just for the UEFA games.

If the installer does his job correctly he will put a meter right on the dish output to aim the dish properly. I you have a helper you can do some fiddling with the dish aim yourself using the channels that show the signal strength. That is how people with travel travel trailers do it when they park for the night. If you are paying the extra fee for repair insurance you can get an installer to come out and readjust the dish for you. Remember that these guys are not very highly paid so some just do enough to get the job done and that is common for all satellite installers.
Whoever said that ignorance is bliss wasn't referring to a person with a computer at his fingertips!

Cure Disease with your computer

swyaN

@65.27.234.x

Dircet tv is a joke!!!

they give you a fair price in the beginning and then gradually it will go up, just check your bill. Then when you call to complain about it they sucker you in with a free three month package on higher end channels like HBO and cinemax. Then when your not looking they charge you for it after two months, for those same three month packages.....
Crazy.,...

RlCcRH

@209.159.248.x

Re: Dircet tv is a joke!!!

Directv bills a month in advance.. so the bill that comes out is for the month after. so for the free programming they will show up on your bill as a charge for the 4th month but if you cancel the programming right when your free 3 months are up it will auto credit your account and u wont be charged anything. you just have to make sure u cancel when your supposed to if u don't want to get charged,
and as for the bill that goes up most every company does that , most customers gets credits on their account for a certain amount of time and then after it goes up to the regular price. I don't see how it can come as a surprise when this happens, every credit shows up on your monthly bill and you have 24/7 access to your bill online as well,

Review by Bob61571 See Profile

• Location: Washington,Tazewell,IL
Good "Great audio/video, Good Value, Lots of Sports"
Bad "Lose signal in Heavy Rain, No HD for WGN or AMCback in 2009. "
Overall "Local CLEC fiber now in market, beat DirecTV's and Comcast price."
Mail,DNS,News:

May 2009 - Ordered Choice Xtra package with Slimline 3S dish, HR22 HD DVR, and H21 receiver for $75.99/month, plus equipment charges. Getting 3 months of free HBO, Starz, and Showtime. Also, $16/month rebate for first year, and $5/month rebate on HD DVR. Ordered thru local installer, for better install service/experience.

Why DirecTV? Left Comcast Digital Starter package , was $60/month. Comcast gripes: 1)Compression caused noticeable audio/video problems with Discovery HD, and local Fox channel. 2)Had digital DVR, but no HDMI DVRs available here when ordered in Spring 2008. Per cable guy, "When Comcast took over from Insight, they sent us all their old junk." 3)MLB Network not available here on Digital Starter, despite MLB PR that available to "digital basic" cable service subscribers. 4)Long telephone hold times(30 minutes plus). 5)Problems with local Comcast not broadcasting Chicago Comcast Sports Net Plus games. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! 6)No Comcast On Demand baseball games here , despite contrary PR. 7)Charged city franchise fee, despite not living in city limits. 8)To upgrade to get MLB Network would cost $20 more per month. For $80/month, I can get much more programming from DirecTV than Comcast.

August 2009 - Good: Love the sports coverage, XM, and great picture/audio. Can get many more channels for $80/month from DirecTV than Comcast. Bad: 1)Have lost signal 4-5 times during heavy rain storms. 2)Why no HD for WGN America or AMC? WGN carries lots of sports: White Sox, Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls. WGN HD on Comcast and Dish. Also, no AMC HD.

June 2014 - Cancelled service to go with MTCO, new CLEC fiber overbuilder. Price for the DirecTV Choice Xtra Classic coverage was running around $104 for 1 DVR(old HR22) + 1 non-DVR, for the . Only channel that I will miss from DirecTV is MLB Network. Refund on balance took 1.5 months to receive, better than Frontier's 3 month delay.

member for 6.3 years, 1857 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Timmn See Profile

• Location: Tinley Park,Cook,IL
Good "Since they changed the dish, I've had no problems at all, not even rain fade."
Bad "Price goes up every year."
Overall "They are still cheaper than Comcast."

·AT&T Yahoo
I have the HD Choice package with the H24-100 box and the HR24-100 DVR. I don't know what the advertised price is, but they are currently charging me $98.98 a month.

I was having a lot of problems with rain fade, but then the whole system went out during a thunderstorm. Even though I didn't have their "protection" package, they came out and replaced the dish and both the old HD box and the DVR with the H24 and the HR24, and didn't charge me.

However, their yearly price increases are bad, and they are quickly getting to the point where I can no longer afford them, so when this next price increase starts, I will be calling to cancel.

UPDATE: When they raised my Monthly bill to $120/month, I cancelled the service. The DirecTV CSR was great, she just asked me why I wanted to cancel, and when I said that I could no longer afford it, she offered a number of ways to reduce my bill. When I said "No" there was no argument, she cancelled the service.

They sent me boxes to return their equipment, and I did.

member for 14.6 years, 763 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

lmart

@ntelos.net

Bad service

As of jan 10th I am still without service since jan 7th and not scheduled to get fixed until jan 13 I have called everyday to no avail this is the worst company I have ever dealt with if your thinking of using direct tv don't do it they run to get you installed but when something goes wrong that not their problem this is not the first time it has happened and I've only had the service 6 months two outages and 2 times taking too much money out of my account is too much and customer service what a joke just my two cents worth

Review by Nobeepin See Profile

• Location: Glendale Heights,Du Page,IL
Good "Great TV service"
Bad "Satalite looks great"
Overall "Overall Performance it's not cable but, it's pretty close"

Signed up for directv since 2004-2012
Started with Tivo DVR80
We signed up b/c of international channels and DVR technology was getting pretty hot at that time
We installed our own international dish had a blast finding it.
Just make sure you get your local channels when you get your international channels set.

We pretty much went thru the DVR - HD and it was fun..

Customer service was awesome
and equipment replacement service was alright..

Overall I think it was a good experience and investment

member for 282 days, 121 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

keith meyers

@172.56.20.x

cbs taking off channel selection

I am disappointed and upset that one of my favorite home channels have been removed without my knowledge. I would appreciate if i could have a written statement on why this station is no longer available. I think it is a breach of our contract to do so and may result in finding another service that has one of my favorite channels. Loyal customer for now!!! 704-688-5359

mar

@64.237.231.x

Re: cbs taking off channel selection

They better bring it back so many shows missin plus cbs gives nfl suday all does games miss

Yuuki

@71.52.124.x

Not good

I guess I could say the only good thing about them direct tv is the price but then again you got what you paid for the bad side is everything there is rain direct tv service ALWAYS WENT OUT!!!

Yuuki

@71.52.124.x

Re: Not good

I mean to say EVERY TIME NOT EVERYTHING....

Review by bmetelsky See Profile

• Location: Elyria,Lorain,OH
Good "Lots of HD programming, nice DVR, lower cost than TWC for television."
Bad "None noticed up to this point."
Overall "Great satellite television for my taste!"

·Dish Network
UPDATE - 7/26/14: Left DISH early to come back to Directv. They had a great offer which included reimbursement of up to $200 for paying off my ETF with DISH. They installed the equipment about 1 month ago - a Genie HR44 and two mini's. The install went well and the installer updated some older cabling while he was here. The new equipment is fantastic. I have the Ultimate package and no complaints.

UPDATE - 2/14/13: Contract was up so I tried my luck at trying to negotiate a lower price. They were basically unwilling to budge, so I cancelled the service and signed up for DISH. Almost immediately after cancellation, I started to get bombarded by phone calls from Directv with offers to stay, then come back, etc. Some of the offers were attractive, but I had already pulled the plug. I provided them with the feedback that if they would have made me some of these offers prior to switching, then I would have likely stayed with Directv.

UPDATE - 10/19/12: Still with Directv. Had some problems with our older DVR, an HR-22. Contacted Directv to have it replaced. I wanted something newer but did not want to extend our contract, as it expires in January, 2013. Initially got the "we can't guarantee which DVR it will be replaced with", talked with someone in retention, and they sent a technician 2 days later. He replaced the defective DVR with an HR-24.

Update: We moved in December, 2010 and were able to get a great deal. Directv came and installed a newer SWM dish the day after we moved in. A few weeks later they added whole home DVR plus provided the newest model DVR - the HR-24, at a total cost of $99 plus tax. I had to sign another 2 year contract, but why not? I'm totally happy with Directv.

UPDATE - 3/24/12: Still with Directv and still loving it!

I had triple play from Comcast, which then became TWC in my area. I was paying upwards of $200 for the three after my initial 12 months, so decided to try Directv. Scheduled the install through their website, choosing the programming package, equipment parameters, etc. The install was scheduled for 2/14/09 and went well - the installer even let me add an additional receiver which I wanted for my son's room (he does not yet have a television but we plan on adding one and didn't want to have to add a receiver later at an additional cost). Total install was for one 5-LNB slimline dish, 1 HD-DVR, and 2 regular receivers. I paid zero upfront for the equipment (which is leased) and really enjoy the HD-DVR, which is an HR22-100. The DVR is much better than the ones that I have had from Comcast and then TWC. The programming package I ordered is saving me money compared to what I was paying for comparable level programming from TWC. There have been no problems since the installation and no rain fade noticeable to me. I am obligated to 24 months of service, so may update the review as time goes by. I did keep digital phone and high speed internet from TWC.

member for 9.1 years, 3443 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Bachhofer

@direcway.com

Liars and Crooks

I was promised a $29.99 package for one year, if I signed up for two years minimum. My first bill was $58.43; my second was $64.82. I now find out it would cost me a months income to get their crap out of my house, and off my roof. I to am a victim, waiting for my two year contract to run it's course.

yosemite

@myvzw.com

weather channel

The direct tv does not care about the safety of its customers or they would bring it back....it is not like all of its customers don,t pay a high price for it.....they don't even own their own satelite its dish,s,,,,so they can leave our prices alone and not give more to the ceo,cfo,and the rest of the high ups....what happened to customer satisfaction.....

Karen

@verizon.net

Re: weather channel

What does that have to do with safety?

chuck

@frontiernet.net
I do not like this new weather channel no more local weather like it was I could, I like see weather in my home town or calif. and other places

Breesfan9
join:2007-06-21
Bastrop, LA

DTV

We have been with DTV for 4 years now. We were with Dish before that. We were happy with Dish for about the 1st year & then it was downhill. DTV has been absolutely fantastic. But The Weather Channel is ONE of our main channels we watched. But in it's place they have put a weather channel in it's place that shows our area for about 1 min. & then goes off to all the other states. We are talking way up north. So we have decided that when our contract is up we are going to go to Suddenlink. There are many many people that we have talked to that have already cancelled with Direct or are planning to cancel when their contract is up. It's not like they don't have the money to keep the Weather Channel. They, along with Dish just seem to be very greedy. I guess because they can afford to. But with all the people that have made pledges like we have to leave when our contracts are up I'm sure they will feel a hit. I hate leaving them but their customers should come 1st. Not just some of the time but ALL OF THE TIME!!!!

sja

@comcastbusiness.net

What is Suddenlink?

g3times

@cablelynx.com

Re: DTV

Suddenlink is a cable/internet/phone provider. Not a satellite service. I had Suddenlink in my previous town. I SO wish they offered service in my current town. I always had great service and good pricing with Suddenlink. 5 stars out of 5!! Cable monopolies though dictate that I use the local thug service or get satellite. If Suddenlink is available, get it.

sja

@comcastbusiness.net

Re: DTV

I only wish! We have thug monoply service in my town as well. Satellite is my only other choice and that leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for the info.

CableforNow

@suddenlink.net

Re: DTV

I have suddenlink......the TV packages are too expensive.....thinking about Direct just for TV. The Internet service from suddenlink is great. My total bill just went up to 150....so I dropped the family package and sports package.....so now it's at 132.......45 of that is internet with Wifi for 4 connections at a time. The rest of the 132 is basic tv and taxes. If I drop the TV, suddenlink said with taxes the internet will be 46 and change. I think if I drop the TV, suddenlink may come back with a deal for me....maybe...lol

Review by tiffincool33 See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,La Salle,IL
Good "When it works"
Bad "No signal when it rains and never works properly"
Overall "Directv is aweful"

I have had Directv Since September 2013. I have had nothing but problems with them. We are always having issues with the signals and our DVR. Techs have come to our home a ton of times yet we are always having the same problems. The techs never switched out our receivers either. Finally my husband and I had enough and decided to cancel services. directv tried and tried to get us to stay as customers but we refused. they even offered to switch out the receiver. We had enough with the services not working. so they threatened us that they are taking away all our credits and charging us nearly $300 for early cancelation fee. we told them we refuse to pay the cancel fee because it is not our fault that the services hardly ever worked while having them. Then they threatened to take it right out of our bank account. So we made a complaint to the BBB and now waiting. I highly recommend not ever getting services from Directv. they will just screw you out of your time and money.

Comments:
dplantz

join:2000-08-02
Roslindale, MA

Very Happy Directv Customer Here

You are mad because your installer did not do their job correctly. I understand that, but they should be able to get you someone to reinstall it correctly. I have been a Directv customer for nearly 10 years with great signal, hardware that just works, and great picture. Also did you not know that you were making a 24 month commitment and the termination fees equal 20 a month for the contract? Pay it and move on. Don't pay and it will hurt your credit and be on your credit file for 7 years or more depending on your state. Good luck

jasmine t

@66.249.84.x

billing

I hate their service. Their employers dont listen and giv wrong info bout ur bill and they dont honor wat they say. Will b switching to dish

Review by mllryclssn See Profile

• Location: Destin,Okaloosa,FL
Good "Works Well"
Bad "Moving"
Overall "Thier moving fee is ridiculous"

I've had DirectTv for over a year, my bill is setup on automatic payments and I've never been late. I've been overall satisfied with them. We are moving in a few weeks and they want to charge me $200 including all the add on charges to move my DirectTv equipment ACROSS THE STREET! They actually told me they were discounting the service and it was "worth" $500. I don't know what the average technician looks like, but the one that installed my equipment spent ten minutes installing and twenty minutes chain smoking beside his truck. He wasn't wasting my time, but to say his time was worth $500 is insulting. I have no problem paying a transfer fee, I'm paying one with every service I have, but $200 is a little ridiculous since the second most expensive for me is $50. Bottom line-- if you have any intention of moving, I would research other options, I definitely wish I would have. The good news is it is only $260 to cancel, so I will be calling them again before our move and switching to another company.

Comments:

chriscam21

@168.244.7.x

crooks

Direct TV are nothing but scandalist crooks with the worst customer service ever. They somehow hacked my bank account and got my debit card number, because I never gave them that particular card. They took every penny I had in there and left me so I couldn't pay electric bill, rent, groceries to feed my kids, and insulin for my wifes diabetes. They say they had the card on file but they are lying because every payment we made was on another debit card my wife gave them when we signed up. Do not give them any personal info or they will hack you as well.

Review by newview See Profile

• Location: Parsonsburg,Wicomico,MD
Good "Excellent DVR Service, great HD, good channel lineups"
Bad "Leased Receiver"
Overall "DirecTV is the best company I have ever dealt with, bar none"

I dropped Comcast cableTV back in 2003 for DirecTV satellite due to a price/value comparison, Every aspect of my switch was handled professionally, and in a timely manner with absolutely no problems, The entire installation was free, with the exception of the shipping of the receiver box, just as promised by the pleasant Customer Service Rep I spoke to on the phone. It was very refreshing to be quoted a price and it actually being the price, unlike what was the norm with Comcast. It was also gratifying to see the installer actually show up at the promised time, again unlike what I was used to with Comcast.

On the occasion of my first service call a couple years later, it was again handled very courteously and professionally, again at no cost to me even though I did not have the Protection Plan that is offered. Subsequent service calls over the next few years have always been handled in the same manner, and I was usually given some extra credit on my bill, or an extra service as an "apology" for the inconvenience of whatever problem I encountered. I definitely got the feeling that DirecTV appreciated my business.

When I upgraded my TV to Hi-Def back in 2008, I once again called DirecTV to upgrade my equipment and service to take advantage of HD. Once again, DirecTV made it painless to upgrade, again at no cost except shipping for the new DVR Receiver. The installation of the new required dish was performed within a week, and went flawlessly. I did have to agree to a year commitment at the time of the upgrade, but my past experiences with DirecTV allowed me to agree with that with no problems in my mind at all.

I am extremely happy with my decision back in 2003 to subscribe to DirecTV and they have a customer for life as long as their service remains as excellent as what I have experienced these past seven years.

Saturday April 4, 20104 - My Amazon FireTV »amzn.to/1hF2k8V arrived today and 10 minutes after hooking it up I cancelled DirecTV.

I was happy with DirecTV the entire time I had service with them.

They were responsive & knowledgeable when I had a problem and the service itself was exceptional ... BUT ...

The prices have just skyrocketed to the point that that I just could not justify the expense any longer. I was paying almost $100.00 a month when I cancelled, and had previously dropped all the extras, Starz, HDNet, the Protection Plan as well as downgrading the basic service tier over the years to recover the fee increases ... and was STILL paying more than I was when I signed up 11 years ago.

I told DirecTV that I was fed up with paying for some channels or blocks of channels that I didn't want or use just to get channels that I DID want. I told them I didn't watch any of the Disney channels, or the Viacom channels nor did I watch the NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox channels and was tired of subsidizing all the crap just to get the channels I desired. I also told them that when & if they begin offering a la carte, I *might* consider coming back.

Now ... at least for the next year I'll be perfectly happy with Netflix and Amazon Prime offerings ... with NO FUCKING COMMERCIALS ... and saving about $1000.00 a year.

I just read where DirecTV has been / will be acquired by AT&T.

I'm soooo glad I cancelled.

I absolutely REFUSE to have anything to do with AT&T.

member for 13.1 years, 6227 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

emjayef

join:2007-11-25
Pleasant Hill, CA
·Astound Broadband
·Anveo

But your link is broken

The Amazon player looks pretty nice. I have an old, original Roku player, but I like the Amazon player better than the latest Roku. If I didn't have a Smart TV with the same features (except the voice control), I'd get one.

But your link is broken. Even changing the right bracket to a slash didn't help. Still, it's easy enough to just Google for Amazon fire tv.

And people should know that you still need a decent internet connection to use this.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

Re: But your link is broken

Yup ... you're right ... link fixed.
And you're right about needing a good internet connection also.

emjayef

join:2007-11-25
Pleasant Hill, CA
·Astound Broadband
·Anveo

Re: But your link is broken

That was fast.

I used to have a promotion with Comcast TV including free HBO, and I don't think I watched more than 6 hours total TV during the 3 month promotion. I just found it easier to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime than go through all the steps to watch something on TV.

phoenix775

@75.142.35.x

Direct TV Don't Do It!

I posted this previously in a site for activists against Direct TV. All the people there were screwed by DTV as well and you can review the banter and make an informed decision which I am sure will lead to you deciding against DTV as your carrier. I have also asked them to post on every Facebook site that advertises DTV and that we all go in search of Google and other sites to post our grievances on so that the public can view them and know not to get involved in Direct TV's scams. They are dishonest and very legally binding in their thievery. Look for our posts on all DTV sites before you sign up and save yourselves! Check out Direct TV Sucks!! in your FB search engine and see more posts. And do not sign up! Following is what they did to me that made me promise them I would be their worst nightmare! Please review it!

My bill with direct tv changed every month also. I dropped services constantly and they edited my basic charges to make sure I was not paying under what they wanted me to pay. They said this was in their contract; and there was a small loophole in it that does allow them to change "basic rates" while in contract. So I was locked in for 3 years and they changed my basic rates about 4 times in 1.5 years of that time.

I just left them and it took over a week to get the stuff to send it all back via the mail. Then they hit my act for $166 final charges in early disconnect fees 15 days after the day I said I wanted to cancel. They said this is in the "contract"...the "contract" for this being that they put on the last bill that they will bill you 15 days after disconnect "for your convenience". THAT IS NOT A CONTRACT...But since I had given them banking payments it opened the gates for them to steal legally from me. I have reversed the charges via my bank. From all of the other posts I have seen, they will try to re-bill me again. I have allotted for that money to be a tug of war match until I get the actual money from Charter whom are buying out my disconnect charges for switching over. This may also be a good option for any of you in the Nv area who have, like me, signed up for a contract with these thugs. If YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP WITH DIRECT TV DON"T! TELL ALL OF YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS ABOUT THE CROOKEDNESS OF THIS COMPANY! REPORT THEM TO BBB IF YOU HAVE HAD ISSUES. REVERSE CJARGES THAT MAY BE STOLEN FROM YOUR ACCOUNTS AND PLAN AROUND THEM SO YOU CAN KEEP DOING IT. FIGHT BACK!

FOR YOU, DIRECT TV PERSONNEL: Give me what I want and I will go away. You have stolen from me and lied to me. I want my cancellation fees back for the inconvenience and I want a letter from the CEO saying that you were wrong and apologize that you geared your services and contracts so...and will be fixing the issue for your future business. $166 may not be much to you but it is enough for me to write on all your sites everyday until you do or you go out of business. I am also telling every single person that remotely mentions cable services in my grocery checkout line in a major city that you people are crooks and not to go with your services. Nothing would please me more at the moment than to hear that you have gone out of business for good. Give me what I want and I will go away.

Review by GypsyRN See Profile

• Location: Dayton,Montgomery,OH
Good "Geat service so far...no outages w. rain or thunderstorms so far..."
Bad "nothing to report yet"
Overall "Good deal and better then TWC for TV"
Mail,DNS,News:

I decided to dump TWC for TV.....I did keep Roadrunner 15mbs for 41.00 a month....I called and talked to Direct TV they told me why they were better then Dish that I tried years ago...4 of my neighbors have Direct and all swear by it, not at it. I had trouble w/ Dish and was leery of satellite....I charged ahead and got it....the install went great, took about 90 min to do the HD TV in the den and the HD in my bedroom. I can record 5 channels at one time. Picture quality is great, actually seems a bit more robust then TWC. So far all has gone great. I saved money doing this also, that was the main reason.....the package for my TV and Internet w/ TWC was 208.00/mon....they gave me a deal for 143.00/mon. I know charter is soon to take over this area and was not wanting to have to deal w/ them. Direct TV is 68.00/mon so that saves me some money over all. I do love roadrunner though it is the best internet around here. If I chose to use Uverse I would have to pay 300.00 for installation of DSL and the speeds were not nearly as fast for the money. That is my story and I am sticking to it! for now!

member for 14.3 years, 5870 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Genie

@70.57.94.x

1 recommendation

Directv

I love DIRECTV'S GENIE better than dish's hopper.Because you can only record primetime anytime channels.with DIRECTV'S GENIE you can Record any 5 shows at the same time.GENIE has genies recomonds that recmonds shows for you.hopper dose not do that. i highlyrecmond DIRECTV

Review by donws See Profile

• Location: usa
Bad "Pathetic"
Overall "This is the worst company I have dealt with in my 40 years in business."
Mail,DNS,News:

This company has got to be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. They lie to you about programming, your bill is never the same from month to month. The customer reps have to be from India because you can't understand them. I am on social security and have sent them several letter regarding my concerns about programming in billings. I received nothing but threats and late notices from these jerks. Finally they turned it over to a collection because I wouldn't honor their terms and agreement. The scumbags turned the collection over to a collections agency which intern went against my credit rating. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau and attorney general with my complaint as well. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They are liars and thieves.

Comments:
donws

join:2014-04-21
usa
·DIRECTV

This is the worst company I have dealt with in my 40 years in business."

Bad "Pathetic"
Overall " ity:

Horrible Ser

@207.118.128.x

Re: This is the worst company I have dealt with in my 40 years in business."

Direct TV is HORRIBLE! Customer service is the worst I had ever dealt with. They push for you to upgrade when you tell them no. They charge for early cancellation fee when I was a customer for 5 years. But because I upgraded last year they started the agreement over again. That is how they get you. I spoke to one rep and a supervisor (Heidi and Brittany) kept pushing for more expensive packages. would not listen to me the customer. They do NOT value their customers!
They threatened me to pay the disconnect fee or will send me to collection. I have no written contract they "said" it was verbal. This is bullshit. Please think twice about dealing with direct TV. They will screw you over and then do it again.

cathybeth

@184.95.124.x

So sad

I had two rep's log off on me when I took two seconds to ask my husband if a $3.50 up charge would be ok. Rude people and just want to get off to get the next sale. Sticking with dish

Taewon

@148.150.0.x

Re: So sad

Direct TV is worst ever in my life. they overcharged me and said they would correct next month but I have to pay if I call. then next month repeat it again. don't even think about having their service EVER!