DIRECTV page on DSLReports

Review by Nuckfuts See Profile

• Location: Joliet,Will,IL
Good "Excellent HD picture quality, not limited to 1 HD/DVR like U-verse, expandable HD/DVR's, not limited to 4 HD streams."
Bad "none so far"
Overall "Price & quality far exceed what I previously had with U-verse TV"
Mail,DNS,News:

I went with the Choice Extra package for $34.99/month for 1 year and Autopay which waived the $10 HD monthly fee and whole home DVR service with 2 HD/DVR's and 2 HD receivers. First HD/DVR was free, second HD/DVR was $100, each HD receiver was $50. I also took the protection plan from the installer for $5.99/month. Installation went very well. Dish was pole-mounted in the yard in a location I really preferred. Installation technician was very cooperative and did a very good job. All the receivers were activated and running without a hitch. I had SD DirecTV in 2002 at my first home and when I purchased my first HDTV in January of 2005 DirecTV at that time did not lease HD equipment. You had to buy it outright. Well, I did not want to shell out $400-$500 bucks for HD equipment so I switched to DISH and had them till I got U-verse triple play in June of 2008. If DirecTV would of leased equipment back then I would of never left them. They by far were and are now my favorite TV service provider. When the tech activated the first receiver even my wife, who's vision is not the greatest, noticed the superior HD picture quality and color compared to what U-verse is now. I do not know how AT&T can call their service HD. All in all, I am glad I made the switch so my HDTV's can use their full potential and we can enjoy now what HD is suppose to look like and going from 160GB with U-verse DVR to 1 TB and expandable with DirecTV is nice. That and we will be saving like $40/month for the next year (we also cancelled netflix since we only watch like 2 blu-rays a month for $11.99 and Netflix streaming is okay but not worth it to us) and our bill will still be cheaper than U-verse after the one year and I like the fact that DirecTV gets movies on the release day and not a month later like Netflix. I highly recommend if you have U-verse HD to try DirecTV HD and you will be convinced it is far superior in HD.

*No longer a customer as of 8/5/13*

member for 11.3 years, 1062 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

browns

@charter.com

worst customer service

Let me start by saying DO NOT DO IT! When it come time to cancel it will be h***. I just hung up for the 6th time and not once did they get the cancelation correct. They transfered me over to 4 people before helping me almost every time. This last time I just straight said to give me the manager. So now I wait 4 days to see if the return boxes arrive. I will be calling tomorrow to double check it's correct but would put money on it that it's not. They will repeat the address to you and still send it to the wrong one. Save the stress and go with someone else otherwise you will have a heck of a time when you need to shut it off. Never again will my family go through Direct TV!

tvmax

@cox.net

Re: worst customer service

I was in Wal-Mart one day, and they had Direct TV drones stationed in there like carnival barkers begging us to step right up for a chance to switch to the best content provider in the whole wide world! I stopped and listened, and I have to admit, they had me hooked, the guy just had to reel me in. Why, this spiffy looking gentleman was promising me the moon and stars, better actually, hundreds of channels for the low, low price of 24.95 a month (guaranteed, permanent rate), free HBO for three months, easy as pie to cancel before I'm charged anything. All I needed to do was give them access to my credit card for monthly billing, and sign on the line, which is dotted. It all sounded amazing, too amazing. I told the clean cut looking young man that I would go online and do a little research, and if it pans out, I would be back the next day and sign up with him. Suddenly, he wasn't quite so fresh faced and eager anymore. He looked a bit green around the gills, he stammered that they don't send them out to the same locations everyday, nosiree, I would need to sign the dotted line this instant for this here deal. I politely told him that I would take my chances and do my research. He suddenly had no more interest in singing the praises of Direct TV anymore, it's almost as if he thought I would discover what he was telling me wasn't true. Sure enough, I have found account after account of overbilling, hours and hours spent on the phone trying to rectify billing issues, shifty and outright dishonest behavior from Direct TV, uncaring phone reps, you name it, it seems Direct TV is a nightmare to deal with after you've signed that dotted line. I'm glad my bullshit detector started pinging, and that I came online and I did my research before I signed up for two years of headaches and hassle. Thanks everybody for the head's up.

Me not so much

I have had no good luck with DTV from the first lie to the current lie. I will eventually be rid of these folks. It can't come too soon. I will probably go back to cable as this small local company is really very good.

Review by linicx See Profile

• Location: United State
Overall "Don't. Save your stress for something important. "

·TracFone Wireless
I've had DIRECTV in three states with the same results. It's very good for about six months before service degrades and billing issues begin.

The installation was meh. He was not pleased that my cable was buried underground and he had to use it. I tire of fighting for what I pay for. It started badly when the pre-sales rep lied about availability. The came remote issues. They will not replace a bad remote. Worse, they screwed up my billing date and my credit card number.

Every month for the last four months they have told me my card was accepted and I have a zero balance for the month. Yesterday I found out they have been lying for four months. The bank affirmed it. Not once has DTV made any attempt to take one penny from my bank. Each and every time they have confirmed the correct card number and security number. YET, billing can not or will not use the correct card.

Now they are starting their various levels of threats. I don't scare. They can stand in line and wait with the other heavy-handed thugs that have tried and failed to use the same tactics. My Master Card works every where; it's why I have it. It works every where in the world except with DIRECTV.

They can have it. I am not coming back.

member for 12.2 years, 3701 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Timmn

join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL

Interesting

I must be lucky, I had exactly the opposite experience with DirecTV.

When I complained about a remote not working, they sent a guy out and he replaced both the receiver and the remote.

When I called to cancel service, I was primed to do battle, my inner warrior was disappointed when they didn't put up much of a fight.

The only reason I cancelled was because they raised their prices to the point where I could no longer afford it.

Yes, you are

You are extremely lucky. Regardless that I quit or ???, I will still have to pay the bill.

I found a solution

After scrolling through pages of junk advertising I found a number for corporate DIRECTV and called. When I mentioned I had filed a complaint with my state utility commission and I was going to contact FCC the woman I talked to decided to listen.

What I discovered after about two hours of wrangling was a massive screw up by billing and an even bigger cover-up to hide it. When they hide it, this makes the customer look guilty.

Company security is so sloppy they have no record of customer calls or complaints. If first level customer services does not like you... you did not call or complain.

The bottom line? It is just plain wrong to blame customer for company incompetency. .

The plus side is the mess is finally straightened out. DTV belatedly issued overdue credits, and I have a zero balance again. The uptick in prices on the receivers does not go into effect until all customers are advised, they say. Look in the Feb or Mar bill for your new cost.
theisonews

join:2013-09-19
Miami, FL

Re: I found a solution

I love directv. service is always good. and customer support is great. i been with them for 15 years. there are times when i can't afford the total amount of the current month directv bill. i chat with an agent online and they give me a break. And when my promotion ended. i called them and said i cant afford the regular rates then she said do you want to remove some channel packages. i said no. then she said let me see what i can do for you, 5 minutes later im on a new promotion.

Re: I found a solution

I am happy for you. Unfortunately it is not the case for all -- but it could be. And I truly hope they fix their broken billing system and soon.

Dickbellsou

@bellsouth.net
I have been with directv for 20 years and they use to be great. About 2008 they started going bad. Now customer service is HORRIBLE. They now have the attitude of if you don't like what we do or say then go somewhere else.
theisonews

join:2013-09-19
Miami, FL

Re: I found a solution

Directv gave me a $40 credit towards my next bill, why? I don't know.

Review by GypsyRN See Profile

• Location: Dayton,Montgomery,OH
Good "Geat service so far...no outages w. rain or thunderstorms so far..."
Bad "nothing to report yet"
Overall "Good deal and better then TWC for TV"
Mail,DNS,News:

I decided to dump TWC for TV.....I did keep Roadrunner 15mbs for 41.00 a month....I called and talked to Direct TV they told me why they were better then Dish that I tried years ago...4 of my neighbors have Direct and all swear by it, not at it. I had trouble w/ Dish and was leery of satellite....I charged ahead and got it....the install went great, took about 90 min to do the HD TV in the den and the HD in my bedroom. I can record 5 channels at one time. Picture quality is great, actually seems a bit more robust then TWC. So far all has gone great. I saved money doing this also, that was the main reason.....the package for my TV and Internet w/ TWC was 208.00/mon....they gave me a deal for 143.00/mon. I know charter is soon to take over this area and was not wanting to have to deal w/ them. Direct TV is 68.00/mon so that saves me some money over all. I do love roadrunner though it is the best internet around here. If I chose to use Uverse I would have to pay 300.00 for installation of DSL and the speeds were not nearly as fast for the money. That is my story and I am sticking to it! for now!

December 2014 and Direct TV is still going strong.......one time I had to get up and clean the snow off the dish, was getting a nasty picture.....that done it was great.....So far Direct TV has been flawless ...even in rain i keep the signal........we did have a nasty TS and it lost satellite connection for about 20 min....i went and watch a DV'd show...I have no complaints about Direct TV....I still love RR for my internet and it works great............I went to Magic Jack for my land line and it is working fine......love the price.......the Magic Jack Plus it plugs right into my router.

member for 14.5 years, 5978 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Genie

@70.57.94.x

1 recommendation

Directv

I love DIRECTV'S GENIE better than dish's hopper.Because you can only record primetime anytime channels.with DIRECTV'S GENIE you can Record any 5 shows at the same time.GENIE has genies recomonds that recmonds shows for you.hopper dose not do that. i highlyrecmond DIRECTV

Review by icex See Profile

• Location: USA
Good "Next day install, reliable "
Bad "They add things to your bill without you knowing."
Overall "Better than dish but billing tactics have me thinking about ditching them"

·Frontier Communi..
Ordered and installed next day. Installers were ok but took 2 hours to point the dish. Very unprofessional cussing at each other during the process.

I got a call a month or two ago that they were adding the xtra package to my account free of charge for 3 months and if I did not want to keep it, it would be taken off the bill automatically. Thursday I get a email saying my payment was completed for 101.73. My bill runs 70 a month usually. I call and am told I had promotions expire and added a xtra package. I told her I did not want the xtra package and just plain package. They would mot refund my card but credited my bill.

I love the quality of the tv service but not their billing practices.

Comments:
missingwings

join:2004-04-12
Felton, CA

Unexpected Charges

You need to re-read your DirecTV contract. Virtually all companies that offer "free" (for a time) offers, specify that if you don't automatically cancel, you will be billed at the regular rate. This was the case when we signed up for new service. I had to call to cancel the premiums, or be charged.

Billing?

I call it gouging. Once I am done I am not going back.

icex
join:2004-05-22
USA

Re: Billing?

Agreed. I actually had the plan changed to the SMALLEST plan they had. They then called the next day and every week afterwards, I assume wanting to offer me a free promo.

Review by Bridges003 See Profile

• Location: Wildwood,Sumter,FL
Good "Lots of chanels"
Bad "they take all your money! Service goes out with the lightest rain, hidden fees"
Overall "DON'T ORDER DIRECTV!"
Mail,DNS,News:

First and foremost, DirecTV has hidden fees. My first bill was more than I was told it would be. It had hidden fees and stuff that I did not want on it... DirecTV took care of it but I feel that they should ask you if you want insurance and stuff before they just go sticking it on your bill. My bill was supposed to be $66 a month and my first bill was over $100...

Secondly, the service sucks, it went out EVERY time it rained, even light rains.

Third, they take your money, even if you say no. I canceled their service over a year early, I knew that meant early cancellation fees, which I planned on paying as soon as I could since I didn't want it on my credit... But guess what? DirecTV ran my card everyday and took every dollar I had until they got their money, they would run my card until they got an amount that it would go through for... This caused many problems with my bank, I actually had to call them and have the card canceled... I also called DirecTV and spoke with someone about this and they said the only way they would give my money back is if I reconnect their service & that they would run my card until they got ALL of their money, how is this even legal?! I just told them that they don't have permission to do that!!!!!!

DO NOT ORDER THEIR SERVICE!

Comments:

jay225

@174.16.69.x

same thing happened ran my card

I had cancelled my direct tv and truly was going to pay and was waiting for my boxes to return all equipment, they than decided to run my card for a large amount of money. I called the bank of unauthorized purchases and called the company... Spoke to a representative at Direct TV and he told me I couldn't receive the funds back until I reconnected. I spent hours going rounds with this guy and about 4 others. State of the fact is, this is in fact illegal and is considered un-authorized debit which is illegal, they half to have your permission for any and all credit card and debit purchases. I would suggest never to have service with direct tv. I am having my bank and lawyer actually help me fight this, due to the large amount of money they took out of my account without my acceptance of the charge.

No company is allowed to this, and after researching I have read multiple companies return funds no questions ask, direct tv is heartless and have horrible customer service and service in general.

FureverFurry
join:2012-02-20
Wyoming, MI
·Vonage

The problem with autopay

While autopay is convenient, it is giving the business direct and unlimited access to your payment method. The other important point is that it is up to that business to process the "stop" of autopay: not your bank, credit union or credit card. Some businesses are a bit slower than others to do so. Also, it takes at least one (usually two) billing cycles to start AND stop.
Please support Great Lakes Bengal Rescue, a 501c3 charity. Foster homes are urgently needed for the beautiful Bengal cats in rescue.
Timmn

join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL
·DIRECTV

I guess I must have been lucky...

When I had DirecTV, I had problems with rain fade also, that is until they sent out a technician who seemed to know what he was doing. He replaced the dish, and most of my problems with rain fade ended. It had to be a really bad storm to quit working.

When I called to cancel, they asked me why I wanted to cancel, and I told them that I could no longer afford it, and that was it. They sent me a "recovery kit" and I sent their equipment back. Other than getting junk mail from them begging me to come back, I haven't heard anything from them.

I do have to admit that my contract had ended, and maybe that had something to do with it.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
·Power-Net Intern..

I had the rain problem also...

But when I changed to HDTV the new dish solved most of the rain and snow outages. The new HD dishes have a much higher gain at the dish than the old SD dishes.

As far as the "extra" added fees I was told up front what they would be as such I think that you may be able to blame your salesman. They are listed plainly on the website also. I am a soccer aficionado and nowhere have I found as many stations that show soccer than DirecTv. I have eight channels just for the UEFA games.

If the installer does his job correctly he will put a meter right on the dish output to aim the dish properly. I you have a helper you can do some fiddling with the dish aim yourself using the channels that show the signal strength. That is how people with travel travel trailers do it when they park for the night. If you are paying the extra fee for repair insurance you can get an installer to come out and readjust the dish for you. Remember that these guys are not very highly paid so some just do enough to get the job done and that is common for all satellite installers.
Whoever said that ignorance is bliss wasn't referring to a person with a computer at his fingertips!

Cure Disease with your computer

swyaN

@65.27.234.x

Dircet tv is a joke!!!

they give you a fair price in the beginning and then gradually it will go up, just check your bill. Then when you call to complain about it they sucker you in with a free three month package on higher end channels like HBO and cinemax. Then when your not looking they charge you for it after two months, for those same three month packages.....
Crazy.,...

RlCcRH

@209.159.248.x

Re: Dircet tv is a joke!!!

Directv bills a month in advance.. so the bill that comes out is for the month after. so for the free programming they will show up on your bill as a charge for the 4th month but if you cancel the programming right when your free 3 months are up it will auto credit your account and u wont be charged anything. you just have to make sure u cancel when your supposed to if u don't want to get charged,
and as for the bill that goes up most every company does that , most customers gets credits on their account for a certain amount of time and then after it goes up to the regular price. I don't see how it can come as a surprise when this happens, every credit shows up on your monthly bill and you have 24/7 access to your bill online as well,

Review by Bob61571 See Profile

• Location: Washington,Tazewell,IL
Good "Great audio/video, Good Value, Lots of Sports"
Bad "Lose signal in Heavy Rain, No HD for WGN or AMCback in 2009. "
Overall "Local CLEC fiber now in market, beat DirecTV's and Comcast price."
Mail,DNS,News:

May 2009 - Ordered Choice Xtra package with Slimline 3S dish, HR22 HD DVR, and H21 receiver for $75.99/month, plus equipment charges. Getting 3 months of free HBO, Starz, and Showtime. Also, $16/month rebate for first year, and $5/month rebate on HD DVR. Ordered thru local installer, for better install service/experience.

Why DirecTV? Left Comcast Digital Starter package , was $60/month. Comcast gripes: 1)Compression caused noticeable audio/video problems with Discovery HD, and local Fox channel. 2)Had digital DVR, but no HDMI DVRs available here when ordered in Spring 2008. Per cable guy, "When Comcast took over from Insight, they sent us all their old junk." 3)MLB Network not available here on Digital Starter, despite MLB PR that available to "digital basic" cable service subscribers. 4)Long telephone hold times(30 minutes plus). 5)Problems with local Comcast not broadcasting Chicago Comcast Sports Net Plus games. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! 6)No Comcast On Demand baseball games here , despite contrary PR. 7)Charged city franchise fee, despite not living in city limits. 8)To upgrade to get MLB Network would cost $20 more per month. For $80/month, I can get much more programming from DirecTV than Comcast.

August 2009 - Good: Love the sports coverage, XM, and great picture/audio. Can get many more channels for $80/month from DirecTV than Comcast. Bad: 1)Have lost signal 4-5 times during heavy rain storms. 2)Why no HD for WGN America or AMC? WGN carries lots of sports: White Sox, Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls. WGN HD on Comcast and Dish. Also, no AMC HD.

June 2014 - Cancelled service to go with MTCO, new CLEC fiber overbuilder. Price for the DirecTV Choice Xtra Classic coverage was running around $104 for 1 DVR(old HR22) + 1 non-DVR, for the . Only channel that I will miss from DirecTV is MLB Network. Refund on balance took 1.5 months to receive, better than Frontier's 3 month delay.

member for 6.5 years, 1933 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Timmn See Profile

• Location: Tinley Park,Cook,IL
Good "Since they changed the dish, I've had no problems at all, not even rain fade."
Bad "Price goes up every year."
Overall "They are still cheaper than Comcast."

·AT&T Yahoo
I have the HD Choice package with the H24-100 box and the HR24-100 DVR. I don't know what the advertised price is, but they are currently charging me $98.98 a month.

I was having a lot of problems with rain fade, but then the whole system went out during a thunderstorm. Even though I didn't have their "protection" package, they came out and replaced the dish and both the old HD box and the DVR with the H24 and the HR24, and didn't charge me.

However, their yearly price increases are bad, and they are quickly getting to the point where I can no longer afford them, so when this next price increase starts, I will be calling to cancel.

UPDATE: When they raised my Monthly bill to $120/month, I cancelled the service. The DirecTV CSR was great, she just asked me why I wanted to cancel, and when I said that I could no longer afford it, she offered a number of ways to reduce my bill. When I said "No" there was no argument, she cancelled the service.

They sent me boxes to return their equipment, and I did.

Comments:

lmart

@ntelos.net

Bad service

As of jan 10th I am still without service since jan 7th and not scheduled to get fixed until jan 13 I have called everyday to no avail this is the worst company I have ever dealt with if your thinking of using direct tv don't do it they run to get you installed but when something goes wrong that not their problem this is not the first time it has happened and I've only had the service 6 months two outages and 2 times taking too much money out of my account is too much and customer service what a joke just my two cents worth

Review by Nobeepin See Profile

• Location: Glendale Heights,Du Page,IL
Good "Great TV service"
Bad "Satalite looks great"
Overall "Overall Performance it's not cable but, it's pretty close"

Signed up for directv since 2004-2012
Started with Tivo DVR80
We signed up b/c of international channels and DVR technology was getting pretty hot at that time
We installed our own international dish had a blast finding it.
Just make sure you get your local channels when you get your international channels set.

We pretty much went thru the DVR - HD and it was fun..

Customer service was awesome
and equipment replacement service was alright..

Overall I think it was a good experience and investment

member for 1 year, 136 visits, last login: 36 days ago

Comments:

keith meyers

@172.56.20.x

cbs taking off channel selection

I am disappointed and upset that one of my favorite home channels have been removed without my knowledge. I would appreciate if i could have a written statement on why this station is no longer available. I think it is a breach of our contract to do so and may result in finding another service that has one of my favorite channels. Loyal customer for now!!! 704-688-5359

mar

@64.237.231.x

Re: cbs taking off channel selection

They better bring it back so many shows missin plus cbs gives nfl suday all does games miss

Yuuki

@71.52.124.x

Not good

I guess I could say the only good thing about them direct tv is the price but then again you got what you paid for the bad side is everything there is rain direct tv service ALWAYS WENT OUT!!!

Yuuki

@71.52.124.x

Re: Not good

I mean to say EVERY TIME NOT EVERYTHING....

Review by bmetelsky See Profile

• Location: Elyria,Lorain,OH
Good "Lots of HD programming, nice DVR, lower cost than TWC for television."
Bad "None noticed up to this point."
Overall "Great satellite television for my taste!"

·Dish Network
UPDATE - 7/26/14: Left DISH early to come back to Directv. They had a great offer which included reimbursement of up to $200 for paying off my ETF with DISH. They installed the equipment about 1 month ago - a Genie HR44 and two mini's. The install went well and the installer updated some older cabling while he was here. The new equipment is fantastic. I have the Ultimate package and no complaints.

UPDATE - 2/14/13: Contract was up so I tried my luck at trying to negotiate a lower price. They were basically unwilling to budge, so I cancelled the service and signed up for DISH. Almost immediately after cancellation, I started to get bombarded by phone calls from Directv with offers to stay, then come back, etc. Some of the offers were attractive, but I had already pulled the plug. I provided them with the feedback that if they would have made me some of these offers prior to switching, then I would have likely stayed with Directv.

UPDATE - 10/19/12: Still with Directv. Had some problems with our older DVR, an HR-22. Contacted Directv to have it replaced. I wanted something newer but did not want to extend our contract, as it expires in January, 2013. Initially got the "we can't guarantee which DVR it will be replaced with", talked with someone in retention, and they sent a technician 2 days later. He replaced the defective DVR with an HR-24.

Update: We moved in December, 2010 and were able to get a great deal. Directv came and installed a newer SWM dish the day after we moved in. A few weeks later they added whole home DVR plus provided the newest model DVR - the HR-24, at a total cost of $99 plus tax. I had to sign another 2 year contract, but why not? I'm totally happy with Directv.

UPDATE - 3/24/12: Still with Directv and still loving it!

I had triple play from Comcast, which then became TWC in my area. I was paying upwards of $200 for the three after my initial 12 months, so decided to try Directv. Scheduled the install through their website, choosing the programming package, equipment parameters, etc. The install was scheduled for 2/14/09 and went well - the installer even let me add an additional receiver which I wanted for my son's room (he does not yet have a television but we plan on adding one and didn't want to have to add a receiver later at an additional cost). Total install was for one 5-LNB slimline dish, 1 HD-DVR, and 2 regular receivers. I paid zero upfront for the equipment (which is leased) and really enjoy the HD-DVR, which is an HR22-100. The DVR is much better than the ones that I have had from Comcast and then TWC. The programming package I ordered is saving me money compared to what I was paying for comparable level programming from TWC. There have been no problems since the installation and no rain fade noticeable to me. I am obligated to 24 months of service, so may update the review as time goes by. I did keep digital phone and high speed internet from TWC.

member for 9.3 years, 3592 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Bachhofer

@direcway.com

Liars and Crooks

I was promised a $29.99 package for one year, if I signed up for two years minimum. My first bill was $58.43; my second was $64.82. I now find out it would cost me a months income to get their crap out of my house, and off my roof. I to am a victim, waiting for my two year contract to run it's course.

yosemite

@myvzw.com

weather channel

The direct tv does not care about the safety of its customers or they would bring it back....it is not like all of its customers don,t pay a high price for it.....they don't even own their own satelite its dish,s,,,,so they can leave our prices alone and not give more to the ceo,cfo,and the rest of the high ups....what happened to customer satisfaction.....

Karen

@verizon.net

Re: weather channel

What does that have to do with safety?

chuck

@frontiernet.net
I do not like this new weather channel no more local weather like it was I could, I like see weather in my home town or calif. and other places

Breesfan9
join:2007-06-21
Bastrop, LA

DTV

We have been with DTV for 4 years now. We were with Dish before that. We were happy with Dish for about the 1st year & then it was downhill. DTV has been absolutely fantastic. But The Weather Channel is ONE of our main channels we watched. But in it's place they have put a weather channel in it's place that shows our area for about 1 min. & then goes off to all the other states. We are talking way up north. So we have decided that when our contract is up we are going to go to Suddenlink. There are many many people that we have talked to that have already cancelled with Direct or are planning to cancel when their contract is up. It's not like they don't have the money to keep the Weather Channel. They, along with Dish just seem to be very greedy. I guess because they can afford to. But with all the people that have made pledges like we have to leave when our contracts are up I'm sure they will feel a hit. I hate leaving them but their customers should come 1st. Not just some of the time but ALL OF THE TIME!!!!

sja

@comcastbusiness.net

What is Suddenlink?

g3times

@cablelynx.com

Re: DTV

Suddenlink is a cable/internet/phone provider. Not a satellite service. I had Suddenlink in my previous town. I SO wish they offered service in my current town. I always had great service and good pricing with Suddenlink. 5 stars out of 5!! Cable monopolies though dictate that I use the local thug service or get satellite. If Suddenlink is available, get it.

sja

@comcastbusiness.net

Re: DTV

I only wish! We have thug monoply service in my town as well. Satellite is my only other choice and that leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for the info.

CableforNow

@suddenlink.net

Re: DTV

I have suddenlink......the TV packages are too expensive.....thinking about Direct just for TV. The Internet service from suddenlink is great. My total bill just went up to 150....so I dropped the family package and sports package.....so now it's at 132.......45 of that is internet with Wifi for 4 connections at a time. The rest of the 132 is basic tv and taxes. If I drop the TV, suddenlink said with taxes the internet will be 46 and change. I think if I drop the TV, suddenlink may come back with a deal for me....maybe...lol

Review by tiffincool33 See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,La Salle,IL
Good "When it works"
Bad "No signal when it rains and never works properly"
Overall "Directv is aweful"

I have had Directv Since September 2013. I have had nothing but problems with them. We are always having issues with the signals and our DVR. Techs have come to our home a ton of times yet we are always having the same problems. The techs never switched out our receivers either. Finally my husband and I had enough and decided to cancel services. directv tried and tried to get us to stay as customers but we refused. they even offered to switch out the receiver. We had enough with the services not working. so they threatened us that they are taking away all our credits and charging us nearly $300 for early cancelation fee. we told them we refuse to pay the cancel fee because it is not our fault that the services hardly ever worked while having them. Then they threatened to take it right out of our bank account. So we made a complaint to the BBB and now waiting. I highly recommend not ever getting services from Directv. they will just screw you out of your time and money.

Comments:
dplantz

join:2000-08-02
Roslindale, MA

Very Happy Directv Customer Here

You are mad because your installer did not do their job correctly. I understand that, but they should be able to get you someone to reinstall it correctly. I have been a Directv customer for nearly 10 years with great signal, hardware that just works, and great picture. Also did you not know that you were making a 24 month commitment and the termination fees equal 20 a month for the contract? Pay it and move on. Don't pay and it will hurt your credit and be on your credit file for 7 years or more depending on your state. Good luck

jasmine t

@66.249.84.x

billing

I hate their service. Their employers dont listen and giv wrong info bout ur bill and they dont honor wat they say. Will b switching to dish