DIRECTV page on DSLReports

Review by donws See Profile

• Location: usa
Bad "Pathetic"
Overall "This is the worst company I have dealt with in my 40 years in business."
Mail,DNS,News:

This company has got to be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. They lie to you about programming, your bill is never the same from month to month. The customer reps have to be from India because you can't understand them. I am on social security and have sent them several letter regarding my concerns about programming in billings. I received nothing but threats and late notices from these jerks. Finally they turned it over to a collection because I wouldn't honor their terms and agreement. The scumbags turned the collection over to a collections agency which intern went against my credit rating. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau and attorney general with my complaint as well. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They are liars and thieves.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this week

Comments:
donws

join:2014-04-21
usa
·DIRECTV

This is the worst company I have dealt with in my 40 years in business."

Bad "Pathetic"
Overall " ity:

Review by Edward 7 See Profile

Good "IT WAS REALLY MY LACK OF COMMUNICATING THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM"
Mail,DNS,News:

I would advise customer to keep a line of communication open with Direct TV. I failed to do so caused Direct TV to debit my account without my authorization. That's when they got my attention. But by the Grace of the Good Lord Direct TV have credit part of my money back. But I am still in a pending status for the overwhelming over draft affect it had on my bank account. I believe Direct TV will do the right thing and clear up those bank issues as well.

I am a satisfied customer and I was wrong in my lack of communication. But I felt Direct could have spared me the bank domino affect that occurred. But overall Direct is a Great Company and the Customer Service Rep was very kind and caring. Peace and Amen

A Satisfied Customer'
Edward L.

Fair warning: reviewer joined this month

Comments:

Cuteness

@108.235.211.x

Direct TV

I can not say they are like any other company I know. They are scammers and now how to say everything is taken care of to find out they made it worse. You get nothing you wanted and everything they eant you to have to end up paying hundreds for it. Shame on Direct TV... Tired of hearing their commercials... Lies Lies Lies

Still lookin

Direct tv

Wow, I am so glad I came to this site, thanks to all for your reviews! I was about to order direct tv and thought I would google their reviews and whoa, sounds like the kind of company I wanna stay away from!
Sorry to all those who got screwed by them but thanks for taking the time to warn others.

Mari AZ

@204.43.204.x

Re: Direct tv

Yes' I am one of those who should have read this before I got involved with this company. I started in January and only paid the price they quoted me once the other bills are totally different now they are charging me an additional 48 dollars for premium channels, I immediately took them off. I am so stupid not to have read the these REVIEWS! Now comparing this company with DISH, I should have kept DISH.

Review by newview See Profile

• Location: Parsonsburg,Wicomico,MD
Good "Excellent DVR Service, great HD, good channel lineups"
Bad "Leased Receiver"
Overall "DirecTV is the best company I have ever dealt with, bar none"

I dropped Comcast cableTV back in 2003 for DirecTV satellite due to a price/value comparison, Every aspect of my switch was handled professionally, and in a timely manner with absolutely no problems, The entire installation was free, with the exception of the shipping of the receiver box, just as promised by the pleasant Customer Service Rep I spoke to on the phone. It was very refreshing to be quoted a price and it actually being the price, unlike what was the norm with Comcast. It was also gratifying to see the installer actually show up at the promised time, again unlike what I was used to with Comcast.

On the occasion of my first service call a couple years later, it was again handled very courteously and professionally, again at no cost to me even though I did not have the Protection Plan that is offered. Subsequent service calls over the next few years have always been handled in the same manner, and I was usually given some extra credit on my bill, or an extra service as an "apology" for the inconvenience of whatever problem I encountered. I definitely got the feeling that DirecTV appreciated my business.

When I upgraded my TV to Hi-Def back in 2008, I once again called DirecTV to upgrade my equipment and service to take advantage of HD. Once again, DirecTV made it painless to upgrade, again at no cost except shipping for the new DVR Receiver. The installation of the new required dish was performed within a week, and went flawlessly. I did have to agree to a year commitment at the time of the upgrade, but my past experiences with DirecTV allowed me to agree with that with no problems in my mind at all.

I am extremely happy with my decision back in 2003 to subscribe to DirecTV and they have a customer for life as long as their service remains as excellent as what I have experienced these past seven years.

Saturday April 4, 20104 - My Amazon FireTV »amzn.to/1hF2k8V arrived today and 10 minutes after hooking it up I cancelled DirecTV.

I was happy with DirecTV the entire time I had service with them.

They were responsive & knowledgeable when I had a problem and the service itself was exceptional ... BUT ...

The prices have just skyrocketed to the point that that I just could not justify the expense any longer. I was paying almost $100.00 a month when I cancelled, and had previously dropped all the extras, Starz, HDNet, the Protection Plan as well as downgrading the basic service tier over the years to recover the fee increases ... and was STILL paying more than I was when I signed up 11 years ago.

I told DirecTV that I was fed up with paying for some channels or blocks of channels that I didn't want or use just to get channels that I DID want. I told them I didn't watch any of the Disney channels, or the Viacom channels nor did I watch the NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox channels and was tired of subsidizing all the crap just to get the channels I desired. I also told them that when & if they begin offering a la carte, I *might* consider coming back.

Now ... at least for the next year I'll be perfectly happy with Netflix and Amazon Prime offerings ... with NO FUCKING COMMERCIALS ... and saving about $1000.00 a year.

member for 12.5 years, 5931 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

emjayef

join:2007-11-25
Pleasant Hill, CA
·Anveo
·Astound Broadband

But your link is broken

The Amazon player looks pretty nice. I have an old, original Roku player, but I like the Amazon player better than the latest Roku. If I didn't have a Smart TV with the same features (except the voice control), I'd get one.

But your link is broken. Even changing the right bracket to a slash didn't help. Still, it's easy enough to just Google for Amazon fire tv.

And people should know that you still need a decent internet connection to use this.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

Re: But your link is broken

Yup ... you're right ... link fixed.
And you're right about needing a good internet connection also.

emjayef

join:2007-11-25
Pleasant Hill, CA
·Anveo
·Astound Broadband

Re: But your link is broken

That was fast.

I used to have a promotion with Comcast TV including free HBO, and I don't think I watched more than 6 hours total TV during the 3 month promotion. I just found it easier to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime than go through all the steps to watch something on TV.

Review by Mike1000 See Profile

• Location: Munster,Lake,IN
Bad "Bad"
Mail,DNS,News:

They charged my credit card without my authorization, I never allowed them to charge my credit card, but they kept my credit card number in file and charged it without my authorization. It is nothing but stealing money from somebody's account, I don't know why someone within the justice system does not go after them because I read in the review they have done with other people too. They are just crooks and they will do it unless they are brought to justice.

I just read the following review about DirecTV in google.com search for their rating with other consumer rating. I hope this also be added to my review:

These people got into my bank account unauthorized. I didn't sign up for automatic bill pay and come to add up my bills, they have been charging me 2x's a month the last 6 months. So, e-mailed 20/20 to explain full story so if any of you have had problems with Direct as I seen on many reviews, please send to 20/20 and your local news channel. They are scammers and big rip offs.

I read the following on the search engine the one who wrote says that he worked for Direct TV. So as you see they keep credit card number on their file and charge you without you authorize them:

I used to work for them. The truth is without a credit check, it is impossible for the representative to tell you how much you will pay. As an example if your credit is horrible, then you will pay a 200 fee and get only standard receivers. However, if you would tell me that your credit score was excellent, and if this was truly the case, I could always quote you the actual price without a credit check. We were asked to run a credit check because that is how they feel they have you. You are now invested. It is easier to close the sale. We were reprimanded if we did not get you past credit check. The only reason why DirecTV asks for a credit card is they want one on file in case you cancel and do not return equipment. They will go into your account and take the money out. I could not do this job anymore. I felt like I was lying to people and would get in trouble if I gave out too much information.

Comments:
wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

Doesn't add up

How did they get your credit card information if you never authorized them to charge it?
wiegeit02

join:2014-01-06

Re: Doesn't add up

I had DirecTV and the quality of their product is middling with long outages when thunderstorms arrive in the summer.
But their Customer NO Service is what stands out the most.
In general the CSRs in every department are rude, obnoxious, arrogant, deceptive, and petulant as well. It is as if they are doing you a favor by answering your call.
When I went to cancel my service once my contract had ended the retention CSR I spoke to was outrageous and the absolute worst CSR I have ever dealt with in ANY consumer business.
When I told the jerk to cancel my service he kept asking me what it would take for me to stay, he put me on hold for 20 minutes and of course said they could not meet my requirements. Again I said cancel. He then tried to threaten me by claiming I had many PPVs on my account that I hadn't paid for. Nonsense I told him there was ONE PPV that was accidentally ordered (10 months earlier) and had called that day to have them note it in my account, that was it. Finally the drone canceled my account.

I was so disturbed by the interaction with that idiot CSR that I wrote CEO mike white a certified return receipt letter outlining the horrid experience. Almost two weeks went by before I finally received the signed postal receipt but never heard ANY response from Mr. White's office.

That is why I will NEVER EVER purchase DirecTV again!
jm13269

join:2011-11-10
Santa Fe Springs, CA

Re: Doesn't add up

Anyone who is fed up with DirecTV listen. If you want to CANCEL SERVICE, BEFORE YOU DO, CALL YOUR BANK AND HAVE THEM SEND YOU OUT A NEW CARD, TELL THEM YOU LOST IT. SINCE THE CARD IS NO LONGER VALID, DIRECTV CAN'T RAID YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. This is what I did when I got fed up with their BS. I refuse to pay for services poor or non rendered. I will not pay a TERMINATION FEE period! Screw you DIRECTV !

People Read

@bellsouth.net
Because when you pay your bill online the option to keep your card bumber stored is there, and if you click it then it keeps the card number on file. Also on the same page is the "enroll in autobill pay" that is automatically saved as the option and if you do not uncheck the box that is what happens. You have to pay close attention when payint DTV online, the same as AT&T they pull the same tricks. But if someone just went there and didn't read all the screams carefully the first time that is what happens at set up. It isn't "stealing" it is a case of they set the options to the way they want it done and then someone didn't pay close attention when they set up their account and just like when the box of "Read and Agree to the Terms" came up, I guarantee no one read that either and agreed to the terms, which allows them to keep your card on file and bill it monthly on Autopay, which is all in that agreement box too, and careful reading would have prevented this. Don't blame DTV for the fact that someone agreed to allowing them to do this because they didn't take time to read what they agreed to and this person shouldn't call it "stealing" they should tell the truth and say "I just ddidn't agree and clicked through the information screens and blindly entered my credit card without knowing what I was doing.

Re: Doesn't add up

I am sure I did not let them auto bill, and I was paying my bill myself every month, but when I cancelled my account they went and charge my account without my authorization, I did not have contract with them because when I got direct TV everything was on the roof and they told me since everything is on the roof you don't need to have any contract for certain time. But when I called them they told me everybody is under contract. They are crooks and they are doing it to so many people, I don't know why you are defending them I am sure I never authorized auto bill pay there was never a large text to read, are you working for them?

join:2014-03-29
If you authorize them one time to charge for one single month. they keep your card info in their file and later charage you without authorization. Than is what happened to me with Directv.

·DIRECTV
The following I read on goole.com search:

Gary K

DirectTV Rejection of Time Warner Cable L.A. Dodgers Network-Stand Tough

I have been with DirectTV for sometime now and I agree totally that DirectTV should not give in to Time Warner Cable to add the SportsNetLA network that carries the Dodgers...I love the Dodgers and have been a fan since the Koufax and Drysdale era...However, the new owners of the Dodgers are clones of Frank McCourt...All they are interested in is making money for themselves and the ballplayers at the expense of those who put people in the seats and buy the stuff at the ballpark...Do not give in to these Creed demands by Time Warner Cable...Todays, L.A. Times Sports shows that the Cable people are fend up with paying higher cost for a specific network at the cost of it's subcribers...Thank you, DirectTV for staying strong against paying this higher Creed fee to the Time Warner Cable people who sold their common sense when signing up to represent the SportNetTV Dodgers station...Go DirectTV...
wiegeit02

join:2014-01-06

The criminality starts at the top of this shady operation called DirecTV.

The problem is that the top executives APPROVE of the policies and behavior of
their CSRs. I am certain that CEO Mike White knows darn well about the
questionable and possibly borderline criminal behavior of the company.

The fact that I wrote a return receipt requested letter directly to his office, and they DID receive that communication from me detailing the outrageous and threatening behavior, yet NO ONE from his office would even offer so much as a apology, and or an offer to look into the incident for me constitutes approval by Mr. White and his underlings.

DirecTV CEO Mr White, go **** yourself.
larry

join:2014-04-16
usa

liars

told me my final bill would be 62.99,got my bill its 83.44,when i got my 1st bill it says communications service tax 10.93,what the hell is this ,when i called they said its like a sales tax,,sales tax is 7percent ,this is like 14percent,i asked who gets this money,no answer,its a frikin scam tax,,i also had to switch my internet to centurylink for 19.99,when i got my estimate online it says 41.94 not 19.99 and this is before taxes,so who knows how much this final bill will be,to many hiddin charges my nightmare has just began
horseathalt7

join:2012-06-11

Re: liars

Interesting you had this same experience as I did, they placed some tax on the service that was far and above the 6% that is the norm here on ANY product, I called and the obnoxious and difficult to understand hispanic CSR tried to claim it is a SC tax but there is NO such tax at all, my guess is DirecTV is trying to recover some of the discount they initially offer on their service to you. I pushed and the women became annoyed and hung up on me.

Yes, DirecTV is a shady, crooked company.

@larry:

why not send a return receipt requested snail mail to the
head crook, CEO mike white, and post back the response to your issues.

Review by mnmramirez See Profile

• Location: usa

I started with Direct TV in August 2013.

1st, I had a plan that should have been $24.95 but I was getting billed $29.95. It took a few months to get a credit for that,

2nd, I did not get my bundle package discount of $10.

I have been calling them every month since about October about the bundle discount that I did not receive. I have had 2 or 3 reps tell me they are expediting the refund. Today I find out that it does not show I ever had a bundle request put in. I was on my cell with them for over 30 minutes while the supervisor reviewed the account AGAIN. She told me the refund was already done and I should it expect it on my next bill. They are doing a one time credit for the year of $120. I guess I have to wait and see what the bill comes to next month. Not happy with the service they have provided me.(in ref to billing) Having to call each month and go through the whole story each time.

I will not recommend any one to them because I do not want them to go through the same thing.

Comments:

Ddddmcsp

@67.121.239.x

Worst company I've ever dealt with!

Ditto to other comments. Promised 1st yr $24.95/mo. Never happened, was $35, then $45 then $55 & $65 first year. After 1st yr went up to $73/mo. Have called every month to correct bill or programming. The "customer service" reps are horrible!! Called today to cancel they threatened me with 24 month contract! Ha! Contract is mutually binding agreement which here $$ in exchange for agreed service. Direct is not fulfilling their end of contract so if anyone is not fulfilling the agreement it's them. I've paid more than agreed amt each month for less service. No more stopped payment with bank & credit card!

Review by Labyert See Profile

• Location: Estherville,Emmet,IA
Bad "Horrible company!!"
Mail,DNS,News:

I started with Direct TV in 2013. I was told for one year my bill would be 61.98 the following year would only go up $10 for receivers. After 2 months with this company I get a bill of $300 they said it's "how their billing cycle works" to be charged over 3 months. Told me I would receive credits on my next three bills. They messed up my credits every month. I had called them with every month bill in the last year with mistakes. 6 months ago I agrees to pay 4 payments of 44.99 for Sunday Ticket. I've now paid 6 months and they are telling me there was nothing in my notes to only have it for 4 months. Now my year is up and I'm getting charged double. Multiple times I've asked for a manager and they tell me they don't have one. I've never been so unhappy or cheated from a company in my life. JOKE of a company.

Comments:

BigRedCheese

@156.110.24.x

Curious

I have Cox Cable in my area, I've been with them for years. Currently I'm being charged 69.00 a month for "expanded" basic cable, I don't have HD, no movie channels, no DVR, just what seems to me to be a very basic package. About 60 channels or so, of which I watch AMC, A&E, CNN, occasionally, a show or two, and the news channel when a big story breaks; gave up on History because of all the reality programming. That price seems high to me, even if I regularly watch most of the channels, only watching one or two cable programs, it seems insanely high.

Recently, at Walmart, a Direct TV rep offered me a deal for 35.00 a month, "for as long as I have Direct TV." Coming with a free DVR, free installation, yada, yada, yada. It's very tempting, but I decided to research it before taking the bait, and now I have found all these horror stories about overcharging, hiding things in long contracts, etc.

My sister had Dish, and after watching what she went through with that, Dish is not an option for me, but she switched back to Direct and seems to be happy with it. But all these stories are giving me pause, this isn't the only place I've seen horror stories like this about Direct.

I'm wondering if I should roll the dice and try it, or if I should just forget it, and continue to pay the kings ransom for a handful of shows I do like to see as they come out. Maybe I just want to be talked out of it, lol. Do you think I should try and negotiate a better deal with Cox, or is that a waste of time? I would appreciate some good advice from either end of the issue.

two_Amandas

@216.145.95.x

Re: Curious

Well I'm not sure yet about long-term but I can tell you that we just had DirecTv service installed in our home today. 2 TV's connected, a Genie DVR Recorder, Mini-Genie DVR Recorder for the 2nd TV, super fast installation-less than 24 hours after subscribing by phone we had a very efficient & well-mannered technicion at our home installing our new system, a $100 Visa gift card, and a 12-month price discount of $65.99 for all HD Ultimate Package-all of this cost only $21.01. That's all. Of course they want you to do auto-pay, which is fine with me. This includes On Demand & DirecTv Cinema, & many other neat little things. I know that my price will go up after the 12-month period. The package will then cost $81.99 I believe , or a number very close to it. So, I know that I'm VERY pleased with everything so far, I hope to feel this way throughout my relationship with DirecTV!

storegirl122

Re: Curious

I have just finished the first year with DirecTV. My bill went from $68 to $110. I called DirecTV and had my package reduced and now i will be paying $81. I will be so glad when I fulfill this 24 month agreement so I can cancel and explore other options. On my bill this month there was a note that next month I would be charged $39.99 for MLB extra innings and if i didn't want to be charged i needed to cancel by April 9th. DirecTV is one big scam!!!
shrraga

join:2012-07-22

I doubt that you will pay that low... I have 4 tvs connected, with the bottom tier programming (entertainment) and HBO. My monthly bill is $118 a month. We have 1 basic DVR (not genie or tivo) and 3 HD recievers (which... yeah... use around $25/ month worth of power combined...). Directv keeps adding NFL Sunday ticket to our bill even though we've unsubscribed 15 times now.

Oh, Amandas, make sure you cancel the premium movie channels trial that comes with all new sign ups (and requires you to call, no canceling on the website) or your bill will go up by... I think it was $40?

join:2014-03-29
Wait, until you see their true face. Until then enjoy it.

Bruno

@198.73.28.x
Do not get Direct Tv. They tell you whatever you want to hear to get you roped into the contract. It is a very lousy service and the customer service reps are terrible. Stick with what you have or anything else!

FLridaPhilly

@cox.net
I have canceled my DirecTV after having them for 3 years. I have to say that I was extremely happy with them. No problems with the service or the billing whatsoever. Before having DirecTV I had Dish for one month. WHAT A DISASTER! They promised all kinds of this and that...including the monthly bill. EVERYTHING they said was a lie. They wanted to charge me the money for an entire year when I told them to stick it. I canceled my debit card that they had initially used and told them to go ahead and take me to court! Never heard another word from them! I only quit getting DirecTV because I don't watch TV enough to warrant 100 bucks a month and really couldn't afford it. NOT because of anything they did or didn't do. I bought an outdoor antenna and get several stations. That coupled with Netflix and Hulu Plus, I get to watch as much as I did for $100. Also, if you go to the network's websites you can watch full episodes of their programs.
Free TV....can't beat it!
stridr69

join:2003-05-19
San Luis Obispo, CA

Re: Curious

Actually the "networks" are going to the requirement of one having at least a basic cable/satellite service these days. No more "free ride". Like the recent Olympic Games on NBC.

Lisa RI

@cox.net
I am also a Cox customer and pay 170.00 a month for a bundle with HBO. I've been with them for years and come April I'm going to find some other service and get rid of my phone. Cox is way too expensive!!

Dee13

DO NOT get DirectTv

I hate DirecTv so much. It doesn't work when it is raining, snowing, or even SUNNY (I swear I got a memo on my TV saying interference with the sun). So half the time I don't get a picture and the rest of the time it's all pixelated and the words don't match with their mouths, it's so frustrating. I live in an apartment and other people's cable is working but mine isn't. Strange. They said they'd send out a technician, ONE WEEK LATER. So I have to wait a week to watch freaking TV and they told me if it's not a dish related issue they will charge me $75 so I gave them a piece of my mind and expect a credit the moment the guy comes out here and fixes whatever is wrong with this horrible device.
This is only one of my many problems.
Don't get it you WILL be disappointed.

Anon123

@comcast.net

Do not get Directv

I got directv in August of 2012 along with internet to be bundled through AT&T... It was ok for a while... then our neighbor got directv and when they came to install it, they put a splitter on our line going to our dish to hook his up and our reception was horrible. I called numerous times with no results. Even another Directv tech told us they were supposed to put it on the dish itself instead of splitting our line. Anyway, then they "gave " us the movies for 3 months "free" -- adding them to the bill then subtracting them out-- but even after I called they kept on adding them in. I wound up getting a bill for 195.00 when my original bill was 81.00. Ridiculous!! I canceled my service. I had enough! Then one person said the cancellation fee was $100. When I got the final bill, it was 175.00... PLEASE WATCH OUT!!! THEY WILL SCAM YOU ANY WAY THEY CAN!

Review by ValkyrieZero See Profile

• Location: Lexington,Fayette,KY
Good "Good service so far, good customer service"
Bad "Glitch in their system over my gift card"
Overall "It's better than TWC and Dish. "
Mail,DNS,News:

I finally got sick and tired of paying Time Warner $200 a month for my 3 services and their terrible customer service that you see so many complain about. Their service has not been very reliable since they took over Insight Communications. I never had any issues with Insight but when Time Warner came and took over the service took a nosedive.

I saw that DTV was having a pretty decent offer for the 1st year and even after that their prices seem reasonable but I guess I'll see in a year. And they are even throwing a $100 Visa gift card. I ordered on Wednesday and the installer came on Friday. The installer was really nice and informative and did a great job. The picture from the dish is great so far as well and the box is pretty too lol.

My only complaint was when I went to redeem my rebate for the gift card it said I wasn't eligible even though I was and followed all the protocols to a T. I contacted customer service and was respectful towards the woman and she was respectful right back to me and escalated my issue to higher management and told me they will contact me via email or phone. Not even 24 hours later I received an email saying I will be receiving my card in 2-4 weeks.

So I was impressed it was resolved quickly. Now if I don't see my card in 2-4 weeks then I might change my tune. My family has DTV and they have had no problems whatsoever.

Comments:

Review by PAGE2014 See Profile

• Location: Boerne,Kendall,TX
Bad "RIP OFFFFFFFF"
Overall "DIRECT TV IS A RIP OFF"

Direct Tv just took 500 dollars out of my bank WITHOUT talking with me first! I switched my service a few months ago to another Cable company. I received a box from Direct Tv asking for me to send them their stuff. SO I DID! and a week later, they take 500 out of my bank. IF YOU have a bank card ON FILE with direct tv, you should know, they take their money ANYTIME they WANT, whenever they want! and they wont help you in anyway to get a refund or anything. Now, my son and I will be kicked out of our rent house and living on the street because DIRECT TV took ALL my money I had for my rent! Thanks for nothing! Life is hard enough! Now we have this company that can and WILL take all your money without even speaking to you first. DO NOT GET DIRECT TV THEY ARE BY FAR, THE WORST CABLE COMPANY!

Comments:

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX

Contract?

Did you break a contract when you canceled service? Did you save the tracking numbers for the equipment to make sure they got it? Also, this is a good reason to avoid using debit cards for stuff like this and instead have them charge to credit cards.

We have DirecTV and they have been great.

digidee

Re: Contract?

Thank you for the advice. We have direct TV and the only problem we have is with taping during prime time. We continue to get black outs when we watch the show we taped during prime time. Have you witnessed this problem?

daves3159

@ptd.net

Re: Contract?

I've had DirecTV since 2009 and have only experienced a gap in the recording when the service was down due to storms. I have only experienced 10 or so such signal losses and it lasted less than 5 minutes. Only once did it affect a recording.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
No. We constantly are recording prime time programs and have never had any issues, unless due to storms (which is very rare.)

Jones

@myvzw.com

Poor Customer Service & Services

I do not want to get into the details but let me say, almost every single rep I spoke with was rude. I never got any good feed back or good customer service until we actual canceled. The service is poor. I do not know if it was just my area but it went in and out often. Also never pay with a card you don't want Direct TV to anymomously charge, because they will. The only way to stop charges are to dispute with your credit card company.
All in all, a waste of time and money, go to another company .

Review by ngeluak See Profile

This a great way to enjoy the holday

Make trip to Dreamland with »www.reddit.com/r/TheWall/comments/1y2ulj Frozzen Online Great picture ever

You have a mistake to reject this reference about Upgrade Direct TV »www.reddit.com/r/TheWall/comments/1y2w2s Visit to watch Endless love direct TV

Comments:

Dissatisfied

@ckerindustrial.com

How does DirecTV sleep at night?

I really do not understand why this company is still in business...

So my wife and I were on speakerphone with the sales rep. with DirecTV and the "gentleman" on the other end quoted us prices that we were genuinely excited about. We scheduled a so-called technician to come and install the package for us this morning. First of all, he showed up at 7:45 AM before I had even left for work in a raggedy little S-10 pickup with no logos or anything showing affiliation with DirecTV. I imagine all the dents and dings on his truck came from unsatisfied customers throwing rocks and junk at him as they ran him off their property. The nasty S.O.B. made my wife extremely uncomfortable the whole time he was there. While installing in my bedroom with my wife "supervising" the job, he at one point started rubbing his hands along her back and winking at her! I told her she should have kicked him out on the spot... Also, this Jackwagon ran the cable in my living room wall along the trim of my wall and up and around the frame of my front door. It looks like crap! He waited until after he was finished to inform us of what he had done, trying to instruct my wife on how the remote worked, when he said, "Don't push this button, It is for high-definition programming." What the heck!!! That was part of the package we purchased.

That was not the only thing the salesman lied to us about...
We were told the installation would be free... Except they charged us @ $21.00 to do it!
We were told that a HD-DVR was included in our package... Nope! Lied to us again!

I am now under the impression that these "salesmen" are actually telemarketers that will say whatever they can to get you to bite, so they can get an extra $ spiffed their way.

When my wife called Customer Service to convey our displeasure over the whole situation, she had to go through several folks just so she could actually understand them due to their accent. When she finally had a supervisor on the phone, she got passed from one to another. All we requested is that they stick to what they had originally quoted us. We know they "record all phone conversations for customer SATISFACTION, and training purposes..." So we told them to pull the phone records with our exchange with their "salesman" so they could verify the validity of our claim. Guess what, that information was not available according to one of the supervisors, yet another subsequent supervisor said it must have been deleted from their system because she could not find it! They can't even communicate with each other to keep their LIES straight.

The only options we were given were:
A) Accept their superficial apology, and keep the service as is...
B) Accept their superficial apology, and pay double what we were quoted to get what we originally wanted. (Which by the way, meant waiting 3-4 days for them to come back out to do the job correctly)
C) Deny their superficial apology, tell them to stick to their word or they can stick it _______(fill in the blank)

We chose "C"... Told them to turn their guy right back around and pick up their crap, and not to touch one penny in our bank account! "That's not how it works." is the response we got. "We will send you some boxes, and you can mail our products back to us, then you will get a full refund in about 30 days, minus the $21.00 installation fee..."

THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!!!

If you are considering DirecTV, I implore you to reconsider... There are many other providers out competing with this Hackjob TV service. I've noticed the others quotes are a bit higher, but at least they will have the ethics or good morality to keep their word, understand the importance of customer service, and wont send some pervert to you house trying to eyeball your wife!

Also, in comparison to my other complaints, this one is minor; The jerk that came into my house and put in this CRAP, also had no qualms with leaving his garbage and waste throughout our home. I have a 14 month old who already puts everything in his mouth. I don't need anybody else leaving surprises for us to find, much less a creepy stranger.

Hopefully, I have saved at least one person from this type of headache, if they have read this prior to signing up... There is a reason that over 90% of the reviews on this forum are painting DirecTV in a negative light. It's because it's true and this company is not in touch with the consumers of their product...

HEED THESE WARNINGS! STAY AWAY FROM DIRECTV!!!

NoDTVbetter

@qwest.net

Re: How does DirecTV sleep at night?

I agree that Direct TV is a scam. I recently signed-up, was given prices and Free Genie, no additional costs, went over all the charges, only to find out that there are additional charges the sales rep does not disclose. The charges were very different from what I agreed to. It doesn't seem that it matters what they sign you up for, only what they can charge you for and get away with. They should not be in business and I would never recommend them.

Review by cbrain See Profile

• Location: Silver Spring,Montgomery,MD
Good "Excellent content, great service if you make DTV & contractors fix everything"
Bad "Contract install & service - inconsistant - High pressure phone reps inconsistant offers"
Overall "Enjoyable service if & when you can get a good install & promised package/price."

DirecTV is our favorite video provider. Part of this experience was multiple DirecTiVos we owned and hacked(networked, large HD, computer & internet access). We have used DTV on and off for 6 or 7 years. Once we got things working right, the service has been great. The only fade is maybe 1 to 3 minutes preceding a big rain and TiVo works even without DTV connection.

Comments:

Kel

@qwest.net

DirectTV's on-line review system apparently doesn't accept negatives...

(I think the one-star rating filters out comments automatically, so I'm putting my review that they requested here instead.).... I should be able to cancel HBO on-line...have already spoken to customer service to cancel last month, and am still subscribed/charged after more than a month. Also, the entire family is very upset about the cancellation of the weather channel, since we travel frequently and depend on it for information about our weather and conditions our family is experiencing. The cable service is not worth what it costs...most of what we watch is on local TV, has far too many commercials for pay TV, or is available on an on-line service that we subscribe to that does not have commercials and is MUCH cheaper (Hulu, Netflix). The only reason we prefer to have cable is being able to record shows, so we are looking into Tivo-like services/units. The DirectTV services have been much pricier that we were told when we subscribed! I would never recommend the service to anyone, despite good reception and programming that seams on-par with other cable companies. Cutting services to minimum.