AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by pmedlock See Profile

• Location: Columbus,Franklin,OH
Good "Fast reliable speed, same with the service"
Bad "none yet"

I have not had any trouble with my service, I just recently upgraded from 24 to 45 meg. I think I only dropped signal 1 time during the 2 years I had the service and it came right back up. I work from home so I am always online. Both the first modem and the new modem are made by Motorola. Install tech's make sure they do everything right the first time so they do not have to come back.

Comments:

Review by grcore See Profile

• Location: usa
Good "Uptime has been excellent so far"
Bad "Deals only last so long, RG's have limited options, upstream is not great"
Overall "I would keep it if they kept the price down"

Have had U-verse for 9 months, uptime has been excellent, perhaps that is due to being close to the RT. Their gateways are limited, wish they had a bridge mode, and not some baloney DMZ. I have WiFi shut off on the RG, use my own router, and forward the ports I need.

I do not have video service, and I bought the RG on ebay for $20, so i sent the $100 RG they gave me back for a refund (even though they were not supposed to send one, they did).

I had some initial trouble after the install, but that was to the daisy chained inside wiring in the house. I ran a separate cat5e from the NID to my modem and the connection has been rock solid.

The tech that did the install appeared to do things right, and reterminated everything in the NID with new parts. (no more rj11 jack in the NID, they put in IDC termination gear).

Overall its been a pleasant experience, if they can keep the price down after this 12mo. deal, I would keep it. But I doubt they would make me any offers other than adding TV service (which I have no use for). I get offers every week from them to add video service, it must be a money maker for them.

member for 11.1 years, 4893 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Myhrddin

join:2003-12-12
Beaumont, TX

It's gone out again

I have just gotten a credit due to the last outage. And it has gone out again. I find it interesting that it tends to go out after midnight most of the time. If I didn't use it still it'd be alright until dawn. Of course, no phone either.
I am having trouble with this being an actual failure since its so regular.
Whatever the reasons, I'm quite tired of this pattern of outages.!

May be that the only thing that will put a stop to it is having to credit me every time it vanishes.
I'd rather have the service than the credit but, whatever it takes I guess.

Review by ldollard See Profile

• Location: Stevenson Ranch,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Stable, only had an outage once"
Bad "I rarely get my top speed"
Overall "I most hit about 10mbps down, thats bull#$%^"

The service is what I expect of an ISP, but its the worst out of TWC and Comcast. At least with them i mostly got my top speed.

I pay double for this max speed of 30mbps down. I usually get maybe 9-10mbps. Just unacceptable. Sadly, i can only use ATT in my complex. What a joke.

No i do not recommend them.

Comments:

Vanessa

@108.201.228.x

-1 recommendation

U-Verse..ripoff

Iam paying $200 for a U-300 and a bad quality internet. I called today to lower my bill. An agent insulted my intelligence trying to hook me up on a worst deal, for hours he refused me to give me answers. I am cancelling my service, it's worst than a divorce, ATT what a big scammers, embarrassing that a big corporation handle costumer service matter so poorly. Shame on you...
Vanessa from Fort Lauderdale, Fl

Myhrddin

join:2003-12-12
Beaumont, TX

Re: U-Verse..ripoff

Yes, the sales reps can be pretty bad sometimes. I'd suggest you call again and tell the rep if you can't get decent service at a decent price you are going to give your service to someone else. That usually will get you to someone with the power to make you a good deal and get your service cleared up to working fairly well. ..That is, if you would still be interested in clearing up your issues and getting the price down. If you do, and get a deal you actually can live with, be sure that you have it in an email that it's for 12 months and not one of their famous 6 mo. surprises.
Depending on if you're needing service in town or in a rural situation, there are different options for you should you decide to leave AT&T.

Review by tim See Profile

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
Good "Pricing (if on promo) and reliability are great, static IPs on residential service"
Bad "Off shore support is useless, get ready to explain basic networking concepts."
Overall "Best value around when it comes to reliability and performance."

Ordered AT&T U-Verse 45mbps service on a promotion, $38/mo. Added a /29 of statics for $15, plus a forced $7 for their gateway, a Motorola NVG589.

I placed the order at an AT&T store on a Friday, was given $150 in AT&T gift-cards for signing up in store, free installation, etc. Service was installed 3 days later, Monday, and the tech arrived 15 minutes prior to the scheduled 9a-12p window, calling ahead to let me know. Technician was professional, and was able to get my service turned up and ready to go rather quickly.

I don't use much functionality of the NVG589 unit as I have my own firewall, but the 589 handles routing the static IPs to my firewall just fine. I should note that during the install process, I noticed that the wireless radio on the 589 was relatively weak... again, I don't use it, so not a huge issue.

Service has been extremely reliable, I haven't had an outage once, since signing up in May of this year. When calling support to have my static IP block added, the process was quite tedious, as the multiple support agents I spoke to had no clue what static IPs were, and indicated to me that my single 'sticky-static' address assigned to the gateway was more than sufficient. Once you get past that, the service is great.

I can't comment on their TV or voice service, as I use DirecTV for satellite TV, and a SIP provider (Flowroute) for voice.

Overall, I'm rather pleased, and would definitely not go back to Comcast... AT&T fits the bill just fine.

Comments:

Review by Darknessfall See Profile

Good "TV features, uptime, and price"
Bad "Same service for 5 years :)."
Overall "Good product, but should upgrade their speeds"

·Frontier Communi..
How I'm installed:

All coax except for one TV by the gateway which has Ethernet while using the 2Wire 3801.

Equipment Review:

RG -The 3800 has been going strong for 4 years so far expect for the summer of 2010 when it decided to lose signal a lot but since then it hasn't dropped out once at all.I haven't gotten to use the ethernet for my computer since it was placed as close as possible to the NID so I mainly use wireless and it has been pretty decent while only having two bars. Pinging my gateway usually gives 1-2ms latency BUT sometimes our gateway may have a random wireless seizure every couple of months for a few days where your wireless becomes incredibly laggy but other than that it has been fine. The wireless performance is kind of poor on max speed though due to using wireless G still. I kind of wished they kept the modem/router separate since it makes it a little more annoying if you want to add a router ; ).

- Changed to 3801 model after posting this. Not much difference. -
- The 3801 seems to get really hot - 6/28/2013
- Would like to add that with my WNDA4100 adapter I now get full bars through a lot of walls on my gateway. Wireless G still makes it a little at this distance though.

STB(1x Motorola VIP1216/2x VIP1200s) - While I cannot comment on the recording feature since we barely use it they still are in good condition and well... work...
- Update: I seem to see random moments when all STBs in our home refuse to turn off with the physical power button on the STB. Usually clicking the "Menu" button on the STB fixes it.

Remote - All I can say that is it's very well laid out and doesn't feel too bulky.

TV:

SD - It's pretty decent. Clear on CRT and on a HDTV it can either be clear or maybe a little blurry depending on original format.

HD - Clear and soft edged. Some channels seem a little blurry at times though while others are great.

Audio - Clear and no drop outs.

Pixelization - I barely see any at all except for the rare moment it may randomly do it for less than a second after months.

On Demand - No comment since we barely use but movie buying was quick and easy. One thing I like to note is that the On Demand section is a little empty at times.
Note: Movie rentals last 2 days I believe.

Menu - Always fast and no lag but sometimes I find myself going through menu options that should of been closer to the start of it all.

Channels - We love the channel selection on U-verse that other companies such as Comcast do not have. There are usually two or so channels of the same channel in case you want to watch something else on that channel during a certain time.

Phone:

Quality - Decent

Caller ID on TV - We've always loved this feature and it hasn't had a glitch for us.
Caller ID on Phone - Works, sometimes. Usually get "Incoming call" on the phone.

Responsiveness - Good but when we first got the service we had dial problems that fixed themselves.

Internet:(No longer have internet service)

Latency - We usually get about 25ish with 1ms jitter.(Wireless)

Advertised vs real world - We are only on the 3 down/ 1 up plan and get about 3.1 down/ 1 up(Wireless)

Speeds - Decent for an average user.

Internet Consistency - Always on. Never went down when our power remained on.

Billing:

Errors - None

Problems - None

Price changes - Get yourself on a promo price .

Paying a bill: Fast

Old customer bonuses: Well... pretty poor. Most they give you is $5 off for a few months when you upgrade and such. They give out free previews of the other channels over major holidays though. $10 promo card to upgrade to paperless billing made me laugh a little though.

- Update: Got added onto promo pricing .

Support:

Opinion - We hadn't had much luck with support at all. First time the rep helped give us a temp solve that we would have to keep using at the time then another rep began to blame our computer and repeatedly ask us to buy something for $99 until we said we were hanging up(Turns out the whole issue was because of the cheap 2wire USB adapters we had). I also had good reps over live chat that seemed to be nice and answer my questions well. Like most companies you can either get the dumb or the great people. The wait time wasn't too bad but they like to swap you around to other people a lot. When we recently asked for new equipment there were no questions asked, quick and easy. We got our equipment the next business day.

Update: Got 3 free remotes. Declined offer for free wireless receiver upgrade.

Update: 6/28/2013
Service is still running good with no downtime. Line seemed to have dropped in quality VERY slightly. I get a couple thousand corrected blocks over time in my RG's error table. Random link retrains/ DSL Training errors on bootup.

I'm hoping we get the new RG in our area soon. Still no RG firmware update for our 2wire 3801 and Motorola STBs.
- Got the RG firmware update today - 6/29/2013

Was offered Max Turbo for $33 for 2 years but didn't take it at this time. Will look later to see if Comcast can offer me Blast for $34.99. Hopefully AT&T decides to speed up their upgrades.

Update: 11/27/2013

Still only U300 + Unlimited Home Phone

No real issues still. Dreading the annual price increases. The price has gone up by quite a bit since almost 5 years ago.

Line stats at the time of this update:
Downstream Upstream
Max User Rate 59785 kbs Not Available
Noise Margin 19.2 dB Not Available
Attenuation 10.3 dB Not Available
Output Power 14.3 dBm -21.2 dBm

Update: 2/17/14

Have U300(3 receivers) + Unlimited Home Phone + Max Turbo now

Got into another promotion and everything together totals $124. May downgrade to the 200 minute plan.

It's been 5 years now of having U-verse.
Update: 7/28/14

I recently upgraded our broken VIP1200 to an ISB7005 which is must faster. I also downgraded from Max Turbo to Max Plus(getting 23/2). We also downgraded to the 200 minute plan a few months ago. My bill is now $109.

Line stats at the time of the update:

Down/ Up
Max User Rate 60168 kbs Not Available
Noise Margin 19.4 dB Not Available
Attenuation 10.8 dB Not Available
Output Power 14.2 dBm -20.7 dBm
Update: 8/30/14

Since the last review we replaced our second VIP1200 with a ISB7005 and our VIP1225 with a VIP2250.
Update 10/23/14

I will no longer have AT&T U-verse in a few days. I will soon be on Frontier U-verse(or however they will call it) due to the Frontier transaction for Connecticut.

member for 2.4 years, 1371 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Darknessfall
join:2012-08-17

Update - Data Collected for 15 Hours

ImpldConsent
Under Siege
join:2001-03-04
Mcdonough, GA

Re: Update - Data Collected for 15 Hours

Good review. Detailed and a good read. My only confusion is why the screenshot with only 15hrs of time? It'd be more helpful with about a week of data collected.
That's "MISTER" Kafir to you.

Darknessfall
join:2012-08-17
·Frontier Communi..

Re: Update - Data Collected for 15 Hours

said by ImpldConsent:

I just reset my gateway then decided to post it so it was too late . I'll probably post another error table soon to replace it. Still looks the same at the time of this post.

Review by DarienRedSox See Profile

• Location: Darien,Fairfield,CT
Good "Whole House DVR works great, Boxes are responsive"
Bad "Price goes up when promo is up"
Overall "We will see"

PT aackage: U-200 (was U-Family but they upgraded me), 3Mbs Internet, 250Min Phone. Install done in Aug. of 2011

Website was easy to order and set up the install appointment

Installer was great, it dose take a wile to get an appointment though, about 60 days at the time of the order. AT&lso messed up my order so the installer was on the phone with the office trying to fix it. Install ended up taking most of the day

Connection Reliability
Only went out once for about 5 to 10 min. in Sandy AT&T gave me credit for the whole day.

Tech Support
Called about a DVR issue, first time I got disconnected the the person did not call me back at the callback number. Second call the person was more helpful and put in a request for a tech to come out. When tech came out they had given him all of the wrong information, once again on site tech was great, he wound up giving me an upgraded DVR unit.

Value for money
Like any thing in TV, Internet, and Phone these days, the price was cheap to begin with and went up as soon as the contract ended. Was able to talk them down once, but not a second time. Will be switching to cable because of the price. I will be comparing thee DVR to the U-verse DVR once I get it installed.

Update: 2/17/2013
Called to disconnect, was told that the phone rep I talked to last week should have given me a better deal, if so I would have stayed. Too late though because the cable installer disconnected a bunch of the U-verse wiring. If AT&T comes back to me with a better price (under $100 a month) as well as sends a tech out at no charge to fix the wiring that Cablevision disconnected I would be happy to switch back.

Update: 3/02/2013
Called back to reorder two weeks ago. Got service reinstalled yesterday. Installer was great, one or two issues with the outside lines and the iNID which took a wile to resolve. AT&T even through in a wireless box.

Update: 4/30/2013
So far so good. Install took a wile, some of the original equipment had gone bad in a lighting strike and needed to be replaced. Tech took his time at the install making sure everything looked good and all cables were organised. Tech. even through in a wireless box at no additional charge. Also got an updated DVR with more storage space. All of this and I only have the basic plan.

Had one issue on my first bill which I was being charged for a 2nd box which was suppose to be free for a year. I called about and the rep was happy to take care of it, and even through in an additional credit on my current bill.

Update: 12/9/2013
Still loving the service, I get lots of stations that cable in my area dose not carry, including BYU-TV, INSP, DIY, I would say that about 50% of my TV usage is on these stations. My internet speed is almost 8MBs even though I am only paying for 6. Had one issue back in July which was handled very well.

Update: 10/23/14
Still happy, there is a "cap" at 250 GB a month but it is not enforced. We in CT are being sold out to Frontier so I will see how that goes.

Comments:
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

CV

CV should not have disconnected any wiring that belongs/ed to AT&T. If you sign back up- AT&T will make you pay for that since you had it disconnected by a non-authorized person/company.
DarienRedSox

join:2013-02-10
Darien, CT

Re: CV

AT&T had no issues reconnecting the wiring that was removed. The even left all of the stuff the CV guy had done active.
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

Re: CV

They had no issues now, but I wouldn't bet anything on that later.

Review by breese See Profile

• Location: Arlington Heights,Cook,IL
Good "Video and Audo Excellent"
Bad "Not enough info on hardware - DHCP cannot find equipment names"
Overall "I have already recommended to friends"

·AT&T DSL Service
·AT&T Midwest
My wife and I live in a Cape cod home built in the 50's.
For a few years I had been trying everything possible to get AT&T to install U-Verse in our area.
After some phone like outages I contacted the office of the president, explained the phone issue and they we would like to have U-Verse.
After a few weeks we started to get tech's showing up. Long story short, the lines in the area (as I told the office of the president) were 50 years old and one tech called the phone access box for the area a "Rats Nest".
Later the U-Verse teams showed up preparing the area for U-Verse to go live, but while do their job, they removed about a dozen houses from all phone service.
A few more calls and 3 days later (along with teams of tech's) all was repaired. Special teams from all over (and orders coming from the office of the president), we were told of the new buried fiber and that all lines were triple checked for communications.

Prior to U-Verse we had AT&T phone service, AT&T DSL 6M (maxed), and WOW Cable TV.
When we moved into the house all services were Ameritech but do to the split up, we got shuffled all over the place.
As we were informed U-Verse was now available, I got to work.
As I said the house was built in the 50's. After pulling put all the old phone cable, I built an area in the basement and began running cat6 and coax to every room.
Every cable throughout is properly labeled and the backbone of it all is a 24 port 1gig managed switch.

We ordered Phone Unlimited, Internet Max Plus 18M, TV U450.
When the installer came to put everything in, all that was required was plug and play after he switched the incoming line over.

First negative was when I asked to have a Bonded Pair.... The installer told me it was not needed. I informed him that I have the only buried lines in the area and having the bonded pair was an insurance in case of a line failure. Still did not get the pair.
(I will be making a separate request)

The next morning I was checking out all the new equipment. As I began to log into my NVG589 the main page informed me that the battery backup battery was not installed.
I opened the bottom and sure enough, no battery. The tech was kind enough before leaving to give me his phone number. Later in the morning I called him and before I returned home from work he had dropped a battery in my mail box as we had talked about.

With all the rewiring the setup is somewhat straight forward.
All the main components are in my living room entertainment center.
The phone line comes in from the basement (punch down block) and up to the NVG589. The output of the NVG589 returns to the a separate section of the punch down block and the house phone all connect to it.
With the NVG589 being the heart of the video and wireless, the connections are:
#4 to the DVR: IPH8005
#3 to the AP: VEN401 feeding the bedroom Rec ISB7005
#2 to the Rec IPN330HD
#1 to the gigabit switch in the basement.

Equipment Positives:
Internally there have been some positive changes to gateway that others have complained about including:
DHCP renewals are now adjustable
ICMP Pings can be enabled

I had adjusted the DHCP renewals to happen every 10 days. The evening of 10/17 - 10/18 (10 days after install) the VEN401 wireless lost connection to the AP. At the moment I am going to the leave the 10 day renewal in place to see if it duplicates my issue.

Documentation of the functions within NVG589 is poor at best. Trying to understand some of the available functions requires an internet search.

Over all the service has been reliable as we had hoped.
Overall quality:
Video has been exceptional. HD is very clear
Audio has been exceptional. Shows and Movie changes from Stereo to Surround sound are predominant and clear.

Hardware issues:

192.168.1.65 / Cisco_AP_ATT c8:fb:26:10:19:9d on Ethernet dhcp
192.168.1.66 / unknownbcc810c460c7 bc:c8:10:c4:60:c7 on Ethernet dhcp
192.168.1.67 / unknown7cb21b696d09 7c:b2:1b:69:6d:09 on Ethernet dhcp
192.168.1.69 / unknown4844873f0842 48:44:87:3f:08:42 on Ethernet dhcp

2 devices (once you manually verify mac address) do not match what is in DHCP.
Last digit increased by 1
DVR IPH8005 54E2E0090EA3
Rec IPN330HD 4844873F0843

NVG589 and IPN330HD supplied optical connection gets dropped on some switching from commercial to show changes. Causes a loud Pop from surround sound base.
Verified on both devices and happens at every commercial to show change on channel 1118 Smithsonian channel

NVG589 Controller / Remote issues
There is no direct button to get to user created Favorites
Creating favorites, scowling to find channels is long and cumbersome
Manual creation of favorites has to be done on each box. Could not find any way of transferring from one to another.

Speed and NDT testing is all over the place

NDT Test
1.85Mb/s Up
22.26Mb/S Down
55 packets retransmitted, 355 duplicate acks received, and 410 SACK blocks received

Speed Tests
8170Kb/s Down 1422Kb/s Up

»/im/107335238/7166.png

Line Monitor
»/monitored/report/256233

Smokeping
»/r3/smokeping.···7456b888

Comments:

Review by paintref See Profile

• Location: Houston,Harris,TX
Good "Good HD Picture, Internet Speed Consistent"
Bad "None to speak of."
Overall "Happy With Service thus far."

Ordered U-verse (Internet and U200 TV package) on 4/15/2013 and was given an install date of 5/16/2013.

5/16/2013:

Install: Window was between 11a-1p. Tech arrived at 11.30a, well within the window. Had the Residential Gateway (2Wire 3800 HGV-B), 1 wired and 2 wireless receivers installed. Install took just over 4 hours, as they had to make a cable run from our neighbors yard to our telephone box. Installer did not leave until everything was in working order.

Once work was done, installer said it would take 3-4 business days for someone to come bury our cable. It was a pleasant surprise when a contractor (I assume) came out and buried the cable that was run to our telephone box.

TV: Got the U200 package . HD channels are clear on all our HDTVs. No major problems to speak of yet.

Internet: Although we are currently on the 6M service, which is a lot slower than comcast, speeds have been consistent and hardly any down time to speak of.

So far have been happy with the service. Hopefully, it will continue without any major problems.

6/16/2013:

Service has been rock solid up till now. No major problems to speak of.

8/9/2013

Service is still going strong and no problem/complaints thus far.

9/25/2014

Service is still going strong after a little more than a year. Service has been very reliable with no major issues. DVR box (Motorola VIP2250) went out. AT&T sent out a new box at no charge and got it up and running today.

member for 11.9 years, 4644 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Jon D

@sbcglobal.net

Uverse is horrible and WAY too expensive for what you get

Over the past three years, I have had the displeasure of watching AT&T universe degrade internet service, television service, customer service and overall support. Over the last six months, I consistently have problems with the reliability of the service, the technical quality and overall the extremely poor performance. The Internet drops out consistently, it is slow even though I pay for the high tier speeds, the television gets digital breakup, freezes and often the wonderful blue screen. I have to "reset" the gateway and boxes constantly. And the problem never gets fixed. While their technicians are certainly nice they come out to the house and tell you everything is peachy keen. Within two days. All the problems are back and the Internet once again doesn't work. It is systemic of the ATT system. It is poorly designed, poorly maintained and I think on the lowest tier for performance.
And I guess what is the ultimate reason I will dump these guys as soon as I find a replacement in my area, is that they continue to increase their bill while absolutely providing a horrible service. My suggestion to anyone reading this review would be to go to any other provider, and not to purchase any services from AT&T universe.

HLOKTY

@sbcglobal.net

Re: Uverse is horrible and WAY too expensive for what you get

Wow! My husband and I thought we were the only ones. We're currently going through the exact same issues with at&t uverse. It's TERRIBLE! We've had 5 different technicians show up at our house within the past 3 months. Each time would sound like a promise or a guaranteed that it will be rectified. BS!! I definitely wouldn't recommend this to anyone! Contract or no contract, I'd rather put my money towards good quality service rather than throwing my money away just to keep looking at a sad blue screen and puzzled images. With that being said, we've decided to cancel our contract. You said it right Jon D! Uverse is HORRIBLE and WAAAAAY too expensive for what you get!

Kat D

@sbcglobal.net
I'm a gamer, and my family and I have had AT&T for several, several years. But in the past year, AT&T forced us to "upgrade" to UVerse. Some nights the connection for our wifi is fine, but most night- Nope. Constant, random d/c's, latency, a whole broad spectrum of annoying issues. My computer is literally a few feet from the modem, and I never have more than three bars. Right now, I'm using my phone's (T-Mobile) wifi because it's far more reliable than UVerse. I'm severely displeased, like just about everyone else who had posted concerning AT&T. Take Mr.Jon's warning, and avoid AT&T Uverse

Ripped off

@bellsouth.net
I totally agree. My internet service is slow and drops too often. Uverse is not even available in my area. I think it is time we ALL demand better service and better prices from ATT, Comcast and all of the others that are overcharging us because we continue to pay...........

no name

@208.84.184.x

Uverse sucks

I thought I was the only one there that get's the blue screen / freeze up screen. Especially during your favorite program. When it 1st installed the tech put in that damm wireless receiver, in which I did not order & he said 'well you got it now"...sure enough we tolerated months of blue screens. Another tech came out (49.00 later) & took the wireless receiver & said the modem was interferring with it & causing the blue screen. Well, would't you know it, 2 day's later blue screen again. Called att&t again & they offered to send a tech this time at no charge & I said that ain't gonna do it. Now after reading all the reviews, others have cancelled uverse due numerous blue screens. Will have to go to another provider & cost me more $$$
mattmac

join:2011-03-27
West Palm Beach, FL

Re: Uverse sucks

Sorry about your problems I don't have any issues with uverse ..works perfectly happy with 18 Mb per second I get 18 Mb per second TV packages spotless no blue screens must be your installation.
patt2k

join:2009-01-16

hmm

this is what I get for same price as reviewer.

84.99 is for 75/35 internet when bundled with TV it's at (84/39mbps)
so the 84.99 is also with TV Package: Prime HD

paintref
Look, I see stars

join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX

Re: hmm

Don't have Verizon FIOS in my neck of the woods unfortunately.

It's either comcast or U-Verse.
grebbler

join:2006-12-26
Picayune, MS

Re: hmm

Mine works great in southern Mississippi!!!

Granite City, IL

If you are having problems folks

we can help. either click on my name or post in AT&T direct (I believe there is still a link on the front page of this site) says something of "staff run a support forum...."

Review by cratex See Profile

• Location: usa
Good "Pretty reliable most of time"
Bad "Was supposed to get $100 gift card and choice of device. Only $100 was honored."
Overall "They will lie and tell you anything to sign up. Nothing in writing, can't believe what they tell you."

U-200 channel lineup and Internet MAX (up to 18Mbps). When signing up I was promised a $100 gift card and a choice of 4 WiFi devices. I got instructions on how to get the gift card but never heard anything back on the WiFi device. When I called to make an inquiry I was told the saw no record of the WiFi offer. After being transferred to a manager I was told the agent should not have promised me both offers, that only 1 was allowed and that he would be reprimanded. I told her that didn't change anything or do me any good and that I would not have signed up for the service without both offers and would have chosen the Samsung Galaxy tablet valued at $300. She told me they could not get me the device but could give me a $200 bill credit instead, she would just have to get an approval from her manager. Today she called and told me her manager denied the $200 and would only give me $100. I am so tired of dealing with these people and being lied to. Plus, the TV installation was shabbily done. My sound system is messed up and I talked to someone yesterday telling me they would call me at 5:30 when I got home. Big surprise, no phone call.

Comments:

KarmaPieces
join:2004-07-05
Gulfport, MS

Alternate Contact Methods

Have you tried posting all of this on their Facebook page and writing to attcustomercare@att.com? I always post on their FB page first and I get faster attention then just emailing them outright. Not sure if that works for everyone though. I hope you get all of your issues resolved and don't blame you one bit for being mad and frustrated.

Here's a link to a post on the AT&T Uverse forum here that gives all the ways to make contact besides calling and having to deal with the overseas people.

»That's all folks!
etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX

Cancel and subscribe to cable

Depending on where you live you'll have faster internet, better offers and prices if you switch to cable.

You made a bad decision based on lies which makes the deal much worse.

With cable you can get at least 50 mbps internet for the same price, with TWC you will get huge debit card discounts and you'll get your free wi-fi device... it is clearly stipulated in their website.

I'm surprised you are still with at&t.

Review by ultimatebob See Profile

• Location: Clinton,Middlesex,CT
Good "It's reasonably priced, and they give you a reward card when you sign up"
Bad "Unreliable"
Overall "Almost bad enough to get me to switch back to Comcast. Almost."

I've had the UVerse U200 TV and "Turbo" Internet package for 2 months, and I've found that it's highly unreliable. The TV and DVR service randomly stops working, and their wireless gateway locks up and reboots itself every two weeks. Their tech support seems to be helpful with diagnosing these issues, but I'm not sure if this is going to change once Frontier Communications takes over their service in Connecticut starting next month.

On the bright side, the installer that I had was a pretty cool guy and they sent me $225 in reward cards after having the service for a month. That said, I might find myself crawling back to Comcast once my year contract is over.

Comments:

LunaAH

@66.87.102.x

Stay away... Bad installation ...

If you looking for internet service..think twice about getting...u-verse internet (contract).
I had about 34 days since they did the installation... A really bad installation.. Until now, no technician qualify has been fixed yet and guess what I did my
first payment"" yeyyy. Thanks att. for nothing.

email them direct

If it helps I will throw it out there. They have a email address for unresolved or still poor sevice issues. The address is attcustomercare@att.com.
PHDinCT

join:2014-09-17
Redding, CT

Re: email them direct...and they do NOTHING! except continue THROTTLING!

So tell me David....what does one do about AT&T U-Verse "throttling" customers' broadband signal trying to get them to trade up to a higher priced Plan?
I have contacted attcustomercare@att.com NUMEROUS times and they've sent techs out to my home-office, to merely switch routers or ck wiring, but they're always unreliable and drop-out internet signal is something that these techs just don't seem to be able to fix...mmmm, wonder why? NOT!

·DIRECTV
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

Re: email them direct

I can't say I experienced throttling like you have. However, I also try to prevent my connection from being saturated too. Connection saturation will cause a local throttling condition as well. It's not something AT&T can detect either as it typically is local LAN caused.

Most times I tell people "if upgrading your speed fixed your throttling problem, you needed the speed upgrade some time ago as applications started flooding your local network."

A lot of people typically do not accept that. However, it seems they go to cable, wireless, another DSL provider, etc.. and get a faster speed and magically the problem disappears 100% of the time. I have seen people go from charter cable, to Uverse, Uverse to Charter cable, Uverse to comcast, comcast to uverse, Uverse to Clear wireless, Clear wireless to UVerse,

They all have one in particular common theme in their ISP reviews. "I upgraded my speed and my problem went away. "

Jonzz

@199.231.48.x

Re: email them direct

I had issues of TV pixelation and Voip issues and then all services crashed and the NRG modem/router died. The tech replaced it and told me the Battery backup in the router is a known issue that causes the symptoms and by replacing the NRG modem/router without adding the battery backup for VOIP fixes the issues. So far its been solid
premtek4lyfe

join:2014-10-17
Houston, TX

Re: email them direct

removing the BBU from inside the nvg589 will not fix anything it causes no issues. It for sure was a bad modem itself. PS i am a tech for uverse
ultimatebob

join:2014-09-25
Good idea!

I recently got AT&T to replace my UVerse gateway, which has improved reliability somewhat.

·DIRECTV
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by ultimatebob:

That can throttle speeds as well, and a lot of people pass that right up/overlook that.