AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by billsplivens See Profile

• Location: Gainesville,Hall,GA
Good "works at speed you purchase with good external/internal install."
Bad "Calling for account changes."
Overall "OK until you need to speak with person !"

Been all pretty good for 3.5 years, almost 1st user when ATT installed fiber at entrance of subdivision. Now prices at least 15% higher and just found out more price increase in March 2013. If I continue service will remove 1 TV box to keep same price. Now on month to month contract. Not using HD on this account. Maybe 1 or 2 times per month will get pixel problems for few minutes. Have experienced 2 area outages for several hours each that was a total offline.
Internet at 18 download & 1.5 upload, wish upload was 3+ for external access.
Have tested several times and usually 16.5+ down with 1.4 up reported at typical less than 10% packet loss. A lot of issues can affect these speed test internally & externally.
Just replaced 2 remotes, $20 each added to bill. I asked for new model wireless router since 3.5 years old, $159 + contract renew and change to IPphone! NO WAY !
Been trying to change account to my SSN instead of Xwife. After 4 calls & 5 people and 3 supervisors still not done(9 hours on ATT cell phone). So far everyone agree that account should have been changed since correct procedure was done online with PIN and both party sign. ATT runs credit report and all OK, BUT NO we can not explain why account not changed but yet I have new account number that is inactive with no service address. Everything still works in old account setup & login.
1 good thing I can comment on is the CISCO wireless router(2009 version) is very configurable for external access to your FTP & DMZ needs, ATT will update firmware and not tell you & firewall capability is pretty good. I turned off wireless to use my own WAP.
The UVerse iPhone app works great if really need that capability.
Probably on iPad alot more useful.
Depending on how ATT proceeds with account change, next week I might be back with Comcast or Charter cable and have faster service at less cost for at least 2 years. DOCSIS 3.0 has some serious speed that I could use.
ATT wants me to get new contract with IPphone & bundle ATT cell to same account ! What a nightmare that would be if had problem with account I am trying to get service changed to ! This really sounds great but very bad when ATT agent mess your account up then you have to call so many times to explain the same thing over & over again.

UPDATE : DEC 2013
In only took 9 months(FEB to NOV2013) to get change done to my SSN only as new account number.
Then ATT did NOT turn OFF the analog charges after AUG 2013 disconnect, OCT 2013 before ATT fixed.
Now on 24meg down/3meg up for internet & Uverse & Phone.

Cost ATT $1200 in rebates and cards to finally satisfy me.
Could have been ZERO cost to ATT, If done their job with out the 40+ phone call complaints and re-inform not finished.

Basically the people you talk with on phone seem to be very helpful & nice.
I can NOT name one of them(I have 21 names) that actually done their job CORRECT.
CORRECT meaning : when i had to call back, was always told previous person did NOT finish ticket/form/etc......

GOOD LUCK talking with these people.
DO THIS : get name & supervisor name when you call for anything.
Keep excellent record of call time and purpose.
You might be surprised how many times you get to call back !
ATT will pay for their inability to finish job first time !

Comments:

David
Granite City, IL

you can always contact us

In the direct forum (»AT&T Direct) or send us an email/im

Hope that helps, and sorry for the troubles.

-Thanks

Review by nwrickert See Profile

• Location: Geneva,Kane,IL
Good "Good reliable service"
Bad "No DNS configuration options in the supplied router (RG 3800HGV)"
Overall "Good value"

I was previously using AT&T dsl, barely getting the PRO package (3 mb/s). With U-verse, I am easily getting 6 mb/s and could go up to 18 mb/s if I should need that. We are perhaps 1500 to 2000 feet from the VRAD, well within the range for reliable service.

We went to U-verse because of the TV. The alternative is comcast, and we don't much like that company. We were using over-the-air TV, but that became more iffy after the switch to HDTV.

Update April 2010, after 6 months service:

The service continues to be reliable. The price just went up, because the six month new-subscriber discount has expired.

TV is reliable and high quality. Telephone (u-verse voice) has been reliable, and higher quality than we had with POTS. And the elite 6mb/s) internet continues to work well. That the nominally dynamic IP never changes (thus de facto static) is an extra bonus.

I continue to use my own router in DMZplus mode, behind the RG, so that I can have DNS settings available. I briefly tested using the DNS support through the RG, but that did not work out very well (see »So much for 6.1.9.24-enh.tm )

Update Oct 2010, after 12 months of service.

The service continues to work well, as reported above. The main change over the last 6 months, was to remove my own router from DMZplus mode. I am still using my own router, but as an ordinary client. I made this change, because I found that the router was occasionally losing its WAN IP address (apparently the dhcp renewal was failing). Service has been reliable with the router as an ordinary client. I am forwarding ports 22 and 25 to my router in RG settings, then forwarding them to my desktop computer in my router settings.

I am still using the same defacto static IP that I was assigned over a year ago.

Update April 2011. The only change since my last update was to increase the Internet speed to the 12 MB/s download speed. Service continues to be reliable, and I still have the same IP address.

Update Oct. 2011. It is now more than 2 years since installation. Service continues to he highly reliable. In the April 2010 update, I mentioned that the new subscriber discount had ended. I forgot to adjust the monthly price at that time. I have now corrected that (see top of review).

Update May 2012. The service continues to be highly reliable. There was a recent firmware update that might be cause for concern. It removed the ability to use 10.*.*.* as a private IP on the LAN. I'm not using that, so it isn't an immediate problem. But it hints that they might start assigning 10.*.*.* as WAN ip addresses soon. If this is a hint that they are about to provide IPv6, and use 10.*.*.* as an IPv4 fallback during the transition, then that is good news. If, on the other hand, they intend sticking with IPv4, and will use 10.*.*.* to conserve IP addresses, then that is bad news. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Update Dec 2012. There has been no change since the last update.

Update June 2013. The price has increased (shown in listing). The gateway modem/router (2Wire 3800HGV-B) was performing poorly last week, so I rebooted it. That is almost 15 months since the last reboot. There has not been any other change or problem of note. We still do not have IPv6, though the firmware update for that is said to be coming real soon now.

Update Dec 2013: Mostly continued good service. There were two events of note. In October, the RG3800 gateway router stopped responding. I had to power-cycle it. That's the first time I have had that problem in 4 years of service. In September, the gateway firmware was upgraded to a newer version. I had thought that was supposed to bring us IPv6. But still no IPv6. It's about time AT&T got this working.

member for 9.6 years, 6329 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

lou

@107.25.122.x

customer non service

Those a holes make it easy to add extra "service", but when you cancel a package (I added the sports package), you have to call them on the phone and waste 45 minutes on the phone. F'n jerks.

coolwatersrw

@sbcglobal.net

Customer Service From Hell

I am very unhappy with my experience with AT&T Uverse. When I called in to AT&T Uverse, I found the automated system cumbersome and time consuming. The system forces you to select choices that are inaccurate for what their customers need. Then, once I did got a live human, although they were friendly, they spent too much time researching an answer to my question only come to the conclusion they did not know the answer. All in all, I spent over an hour traversing through the AT&T phone system only to be disappointed by the ineptness of those who tried to assist me. If you are looking are a company that provides great customer care to their customers AT&T Uverse is NOT the place for you. (Even the form I used to fill out my complaint wasn’t easy to find or use.) My suggestion: Find another company who knows how to treat customers because AT&T Uverse does not.

Review by bobjohnson See Profile

• Location: Spartanburg,Spartanburg,SC
Good "Uverse is very consistent."
Bad "Billing,Sales and Install is not"
Overall "Once it gets going, the going is good."

·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..
Charter internet in this area is very inconsistent, so much so that I needed to look for different options. Uverse is the only other option. They gave me the promo deal of 12 meg for $39.95 which is fine, I just need internet with more than a wireless cap.

I ordered on the 5th of October and was told that it would be delivered on the 20th. I figure they were waiting for a port to open up but since I know they aren't about being honest I let it go.

The 23rd comes around and I finally get my modem. The installer came in to make sure things were working which was really cool since he didn't have to.

Bill time comes around, they have me on paperless billing and automatic bill pay. No one told me anything about that. And what's even better is that my phone number to access the account was entered wrong and so was the account number that paid for my equipment? Anyhow, longer story shorter [user=David] fixed all of the things that I couldn't fix via phone calls and that's why I still recommend Uverse after all the chaos anyways.

member for 7.2 years, 1484 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by idmd See Profile

• Location: Fairfield,Fairfield,CT
Good "When it's working Uverse has superior DVRs to Cablevision"
Bad "Inconsistent service and techs who can't fix problems, substandard internet speeds and terrible sounding phone"
Overall "Uverse has forced me back to Cablevision and their 1990's technology - at least it works"

·Optimum Online
I had Cablevision for years with no "problems" although their DVRs were ancient and my bill was getting pretty high. A friend of mine was talking about Uverse and how much better the DVRs are and suggested I try them. I ordered their triple play - installation went well with no surprises. We had 5 set-top boxes installed as well as internet and phone.

My initial impression was their DVRs were in fact superior to Cablevision's DVRs. PQ was equal to CV on HD channels although their SD channels were much worse than CVs - not a problem since I hardly ever watch SD with the exception of BBC America which is STILL SD on Uverse. Phone quality is poorer than CV's in both sound quality and consistency - voices drop out in and out constantly. Internet from the start was very disappointing with speeds not even remotely close to what I paid for and constant latency problems. The first 6 months of service was stable with few issues and then that all changed.

Starting about 6 months ago all three services started dropping multiple time per day. I'd loose TV signal, internet and phone for anywhere between 10 seconds and 5 mins multiple times per day. I called tech support who ran some line tests and I was told "my second line was down" and someone would need to come out to the house.

The first tech came out, said no problem and then spent an hour looking around and then said he had "No idea how this system was installed" and someone else would need to come out. He confirmed we had a "line fault 3000 feet from the node" but he couldn't find the fault....a more senior guy needed to come out - sounds good.

Tech 2 comes out and he has no idea what the problem is so I get him up to speed, he quickly declares the first tech an idiot and goes about looking around for TWO hours before he comes up and says "my second line keeps going down" but "I don't really understand the install so I'm going to try and get the guy who installed your system out here".

Tech 3 (Not the guy who installed the system) comes out, again has NO IDEA what has already been done or ANY of the history. He's here for about 2 mins, leaves for 10 mins and comes back and says "All fixed! I tightened your connections at the box down the street and you're all set. Both lines are up and running". Within 20 mins of him leaving same problems occur.

Tech 4 comes out and looks around for 20 mins and says "I need to get a bucket truck out here....there's nothing wrong with your equipment or install...problem is probably between the node, pole and house."

Tech 5 bucket truck guy AGAIN has no idea why he's here. He goes up in the bucket and says "problem is not at the pole or node". He said I "probably need a new box (the one located in the basement next to the breaker) but ATT doesn't supply bucket guys with these" so he can't help me out. Someone else needs to come out.

Tech 6 replaces box and problems still present.

At the moment all three services drop multiple times per day. Even when TV is up and running if you pause the current channel and begin watching (even after only pausing for 2 mins) it skips ahead to current TV 100% of the time after a few mins. Internet even when "working" is only giving 8-9Mbps and latency is +200-300ms. So I was forced to wait out my 12 month contract and go back to CV with their ancient technology since I never had a problem with their service, CV's internet is SUPERIOR in EVERY WAY as is their phone quality. My feeling is Uverse is good technology in the home but it's using an ancient infrastructure between the nodes and houses and my guess is that's where my problem is but ATT doesn't want to restring lines. In the end I don't really care what the problem is I just want my service up and running and Uverse just can't provide that.

Comments:

David

Can we help?

can we in at&t direct help put an end to the madness?

Let me know and thanks- David
idmd

join:2011-01-13
Fairfield, CT
·Optimum Online

Re: Can we help?

I appreciate the offer David but I'm already back with Cablevision. I'm pulling 58Mbps down and 28Mbps up (something ATT could never match) with equivalent PQ and contrary to other's experiences while a little quirky Multi-room DVR has been flawless for me. I'm impressed that the day of the install three TVs failed their internal test and a second tech was at my house working till 9:30PM to get them all to pass - yes they even asked if this would be an inconvenience and said I could boot him out at any time and he'd come back tomorrow. In the end he solved the issues same day - I gave ATT 6 tried with no resolution. Any way Happy Holidays!

Granite City, IL
oh well, better luck next time hopefully.

Thanks
david
MrBungle87

join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC
·Frontier Communi..

Remote problems

So have the techs ever actually checked your pair(s) at the VRAD/DSLAM? I mean, if AT&T operates anything like CenturyLink or Frontier they probably have oversold nodes and this is why your bandwidth is significantly below provisioning. They keep sending techs with bucket trucks to your house, but the problem is pretty obviously not on your end.
idmd

join:2011-01-13
Fairfield, CT

Re: Remote problems

I don't know what they checked....just that it was not fixed and I was constantly shocked how every new tech had NO IDEA what had been done before him. In the end 6 or 7 chances is just too many.

Review by DarienRedSox See Profile

• Location: Darien,Fairfield,CT
Good "Whole House DVR works great, Boxes are responsive"
Bad "Price goes up when promo is up"
Overall "We will see"

PT aackage: U-200 (was U-Family but they upgraded me), 3Mbs Internet, 250Min Phone. Install done in Aug. of 2011

Website was easy to order and set up the install appointment

Installer was great, it dose take a wile to get an appointment though, about 60 days at the time of the order. AT&lso messed up my order so the installer was on the phone with the office trying to fix it. Install ended up taking most of the day

Connection Reliability
Only went out once for about 5 to 10 min. in Sandy AT&T gave me credit for the whole day.

Tech Support
Called about a DVR issue, first time I got disconnected the the person did not call me back at the callback number. Second call the person was more helpful and put in a request for a tech to come out. When tech came out they had given him all of the wrong information, once again on site tech was great, he wound up giving me an upgraded DVR unit.

Value for money
Like any thing in TV, Internet, and Phone these days, the price was cheap to begin with and went up as soon as the contract ended. Was able to talk them down once, but not a second time. Will be switching to cable because of the price. I will be comparing thee DVR to the U-verse DVR once I get it installed.

Update: 2/17/2013
Called to disconnect, was told that the phone rep I talked to last week should have given me a better deal, if so I would have stayed. Too late though because the cable installer disconnected a bunch of the U-verse wiring. If AT&T comes back to me with a better price (under $100 a month) as well as sends a tech out at no charge to fix the wiring that Cablevision disconnected I would be happy to switch back.

Update: 3/02/2013
Called back to reorder two weeks ago. Got service reinstalled yesterday. Installer was great, one or two issues with the outside lines and the iNID which took a wile to resolve. AT&T even through in a wireless box.

Update: 4/30/2013
So far so good. Install took a wile, some of the original equipment had gone bad in a lighting strike and needed to be replaced. Tech took his time at the install making sure everything looked good and all cables were organised. Tech. even through in a wireless box at no additional charge. Also got an updated DVR with more storage space. All of this and I only have the basic plan.

Had one issue on my first bill which I was being charged for a 2nd box which was suppose to be free for a year. I called about and the rep was happy to take care of it, and even through in an additional credit on my current bill.

Update: 12/9/2013
Still loving the service, I get lots of stations that cable in my area dose not carry, including BYU-TV, INSP, DIY, I would say that about 50% of my TV usage is on these stations. My internet speed is almost 8MBs even though I am only paying for 6. Had one issue back in July which was handled very well.

Comments:
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

CV

CV should not have disconnected any wiring that belongs/ed to AT&T. If you sign back up- AT&T will make you pay for that since you had it disconnected by a non-authorized person/company.
DarienRedSox

join:2013-02-10
Darien, CT

Re: CV

AT&T had no issues reconnecting the wiring that was removed. The even left all of the stuff the CV guy had done active.
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

Re: CV

They had no issues now, but I wouldn't bet anything on that later.

Review by War Child See Profile

• Location: Northville,Wayne,MI
Good "their service is awesome, They service morning to night 8pm and Saturdays, so for those of us who work during week days"
Bad "Originally I posted occasionally I get oversea support, I haven't for last few times I called. "
Overall "AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE, Very reliable internet service. Their scheduling seems glitchy?"

So far I am enjoying the AT&T uvers

cost not huge difference as my previous service. But I do like that they have service almost anytime doing the day rather than the standard work hours. I enjoy that they offer multiple shifts which is awesome for people like me who work during regular hours and also that they do service on Sat too.

Its been over a year + since I used them, there service have been very reliable. At the moment I can't recall too many times where I had issues with them.

6-30-2011

its been probably close to 2 years since I switched to AT uverse, speed and connection have been pretty decent. Only complaint is I opted for the fastest speed they offer hence the big price tag, but somewhere they increased their speeds and its for the same price, but they didn't automatically increase my speed. The speed that I originally paid for top speed became one tier lower and $10 cheaper. So I continued paying more but NO one contacted me or automatically increase my speed to the price I am paying. Which is very stupid, since I know with comcast and brighthouse I used before they always AUTOMATICALLY upgrade you to the new max speed. And they send a card telling you. This is one trend I am starting to notice with AT&T uverse is that they seem to have a huge breakdown in their communications. It just seem like they are very disorganized over there in these things.

12-06-2013

Curentlly still using ATT uverse, Speed and connection has been pretty reliable. Never really had any major issues.

There is some confusion with how things work when I tried to upgrade my speeds. I called in to upgrade and the "Sales" team said yes I can upgrade to the new speed because on their system it shows I can. They schedule me an appointment for service. On the day of service no one shows up. I call next day to find out what is going on. Then they told me that there was some problem with the line so at that time they couldn't get everything done so I need to reschedule. I reschedule for another date. (This is all right before Thanksgiving break) the rescheduled day is on Dec. 5th after Thanksgiving weekend. Everything was fine till I got home my wife tells me our internet is down since noon on Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving. So I call their service immediately and got hold of someone and they were very helpful and scheduled someone to come on Thanksgiving day morning. I feel terrible that someone had to come and do this but I got the Blackfriday shopping and not to mention my wife has in home business which totally relies on the internet. So it was very nice that they were able to come and resolve the problem. The problem comes down to the main line outside is not upgraded to do the upgrade. So until they resolve this problem they can't do anything. After I got my old speeds back couple days later I got emails and text message for me to reschedule. It seems like what ever problem they had is resolved. I call to reschedule again very polite and nice people I am rescheduled to have them come in on the Dec. 6th between 1:00pm-3:00pm (this is their latest time slot FYI) So I take Friday off wait all day. 2:40pm rolls by no calls, so I check their site to look at order status. For some reason the order status still only lists my OLD original order. Told the representative about my issue and he contacts local division and he was told the local service will call me back in 15min. Which should be around 3-3:15... I wait and no call till 4:45. So I call the main office again asking whats going on again the system isn't updated so I re-explain my situation. They again contact the local office trying to figure out how best to resolve this.

Few things I learned from this.

Every service personal takes their job VERY seriously. At least to me they try their best and very polite to help you. So I can't complain. As for why my reschedule didn't show up or updated, I really don't know. Some times things gets lost or missed or a mistake. I am not looking for someone to blame I just like to have my problem resolved. At the end of day that is all we want. So I just can't really put a blame on anyone or anything. I don't know what it is but it just seems like their scheduling system has some kind of issues.

The other thing I learned is ATT customer service is by far the best compared to any cable/internet provider I used before. All other service I had were not bad but there were times I felt hopeless and that I was stuck and I just had to suck it up and take it. But with ATT every time I called them it always seem to me every person takes personal responsibility for my issue and they WILL RESOLVE IT. If they keep it up this way they have my loyalty for LIFE.

Only issue again, I can't imagine this is a personal mistake.. because they just seem so responsible, but I think its something weird with their scheduling system. It seems like couple times I was scheduled on their system to do something but it doesn't show up or at a later date finds out it wasn't in the system.

member for 11.6 years, 3278 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by gadawg See Profile

• Location: Louisville,Jefferson,KY
Good "very little downtime"
Bad "Cost going up after contract, have to use STB's."
Overall "Good"

·Insight Communic..
We have had reliable service except for one week. After several service calls our outside lenes were repaired and a port swap at the VRAD solved all our problems. Dropping TV service due to high cost and we don't watch specialty channels. Using an OTA antenna for local channels and internet for movies(netflix), ESPN and network shows we may miss live. U300 TV and 12 mb internet.

Comments:

Review by antennaman19 See Profile

• Location: Painesville,Lake,OH
Good "Very reliable for me"
Bad "I had to pay for it"
Overall "Still a better deal for now than the competition"

UPDATE: November 2013

Service is still rock solid. I'm off for the winter, so now NFL, NBA, and the extra movie channels are handy. I do notice some motion blur on sports-especially since I got a lot more company on the VRAD this summer. I backed the sharpness down slightly. I rarely see artifacts. My HD looks very good overall.

Got the interactive upgrade on the DVR 11/16. It took a hard reset to get it working correctly.

I replaced my Netgear. Now I have an Asus RT-N66U behind the RG. inSSIDer reports many more 2Wire and ATT SSIDs; I'm all alone on 5ghz. TWC is flooding our mail in response. Will update with any changes.

UPDATE: July2013: The promo rates ended on the June billing. I looked at the offers, and did some homework. I bit the bullet, and called the 800 number. I went through the spiel, got an overseas CSR. She played hardball, some nickel-and-dime offers. No thanks. Called one more time. I got a US call center. I told the menu "retentions"; I was connected to Dave. We made some small talk, explained that while the service was great, I couldn't shoulder the non-promo price.

He threw a figure out there that sounded good. He then explained the promo upgrade. Now on U-300 till July 2014. Non promo-$191, new rate $145.

UPDATE: Feb. 2013

Good: Still reliable.

Bad: Paying regular rate for U 200- ($74 + $10 for HD) but no ETF and a $200 gift card. Did that so I could pull the plug at any time if I decide it isn't worth it. Month-to Month on TV. Internet speed tier promo up at end of May. Will go back down to 12/1.5 unless I get a sweet retention deal. Don't know why I keep the VoIP.

UPDATE: Install for U-200 on Thursday 2/7/2013. I chose the 11a-1p window. My installer arrived about 12:15. He had already checked the lines and confirmed the readings. I showed him where everything was, and he got to work. It only would have taken an hour if the first box worked. I lucked out and got the smaller black one with the larger hard drive!

Basically, it was hook up a good, working box, let it upgrade the firmware, retrieve the channel listings, and the rest was programming my tv's code to the remote, and a detailed demonstration with Q and A. He was out in maybe less than 2 hours. Pretty quick, definitely painless. The HD looks good so far. I have only 1 TV being fed, so maybe I have plenty of bandwith (overhead?) to play with.

I have 2 options available (serious options-not counting Clearwire)- T and TW. I was already a T customer, so I was doing the homework and waiting for the local VRAD to

get lit up. In late 2010, my next-door neighbor subscribed to U-verse. I checked my availability- no dice. I requested a DSL speed upgrade from 3 to 6. The order was processed; my line wouldn't support an increase.

My next step was to complain to customer service. An engineer was sent out to check out the neighborhood. I was now getting mailers and such, but not green yet. I

raised a very small stink about it. In late 2011-early 2012, I started to get mailers again. I saw installation crews and work being done on the cabinets near my house.

I started doing my homework again. I chose an internet/phone bundle. I didn't have an HDTV yet, and heard there were issues with HD quality at the time.

I placed an online order about May 28, 2012. I made some phone calls for informational purposes before then; maybe about 2 weeks earlier, to check on the wait

times for a new install. I was told a few days to a week. When I made my online order on a Monday, the install was scheduled for Thursday. A couple of follow-up e-mails and phone calls happened; I told the CSR that I would be working that day and wouldn't be back till about 4-4:30. I had a relative waiting on the tech. I got a call the day before; I was given the prem tech's name and told it would be an afternoon slot.

On install day, the prem tech called me to tell me when he was on his way. This was about 1 PM. My relative called me about 1:45 to tell me he was there. The tech got on the phone. He asked my permission to run new wiring into the living room. We discussed that my preferred route was going to be more difficult to wire. The new route was a lot shorter. He also mentioned that I was going to have an iNID (i3812v) on the side of the house.

I got home at about 4:30. I met the prem tech. The outside tech was there also. We talked in the driveway. I was told that my numbers looked pretty good for about 3,200 feet out. My downstream numbers could support TV if I wanted it in the future. We went inside, and I chose a computer to work with. I quickly logged into the interface while he was there, and we confirmed the service was working. I also set up the wifi on the gateway, and we made sure it was all good. I told him I would set my own router up behind it. I asked all the right questions, thanks to the U-verse forum here.

He appreciated that I had done my homework.

He cleaned up some wiring, made sure the phone was operational, showed me the battery backup unit, left me his number and some info and headed out.

I quickly downloaded U-verse Realtime, and confirmed speed of 18/1.5, with a promo to bump up from 12/1 for a year. The internet was down to $29.95/mo , with the phone being about $35 monthly. With taxes and fees, about 78 dollars a month-down from about $90 on 3.0/384 DSL and POTS.

The ordering experience was easier than expected. The install was butter. I expected some surprises, as my home is about 50+ years old. No problems; very little mess, services are rock-solid. The caller ID is somewhat tempermental, and there is an outbound caller ID block that causes me to push *82 before I dial someone I really want to call. I check on the TV promos regularly. I may jump on the $200 gift card in December. I can't fathom why the TV is going to about double my rate (for U-200-NFL Network, of course). Will update as I make changes, or at the 1-year mark.

Comments:
mattmac

join:2011-03-27
West Palm Beach, FL

It's all about the install.

If you have a good install tech who knows what they're doing your uverse should be flawless.
I have the 12 /3.0 package no TV no problems at all great.
Did I mention this is with pair bonding

CAT 5 install INID to router. NO PNA.
antennaman19

join:2010-01-18
Painesville, OH

Re: It's all about the install.

Agreed. 2 for 2 on good techs who knew their stuff. I put a new DD-WRT firmware on my Netgear router while the install was going on; I had to reset the gateway, my router, and one of the computers. The hiccups went away. All is good.

Review by arush See Profile

• Location: Bolingbrook,Will,IL
Bad "Sales Rep Straight Up LIED!"
Overall "Beware of an Alex Torres At&t Sales Rep in the Bolingbrook Area"

Had a door to door sales rep interrupt dinnertime one evening, giving us a fabulous deal for Uverse internet, phone & tv for $103 a month for 24 months with free HBO. He left us an order receipt with the amount to be charged each month of $103. Low and behold the first bill arrives and the monthly total reads $171!!!! After 5 consecutive days of calling, scanning & emailing them a copy of the order receipt we signed and finally going into an At&t store, they negotiated a price for my bundle to $138. Not honoring at all the order receipt the sales guy completed and we signed. The sales guy is a scam! At&t customer service told me there is no package at a rate of $103 so they could not honor what he sold us!! So ticked!!

Comments:

none

@sbcglobal.net

new for less than 6 months

Service sucks. Programs lost, system freezing, Programs that were on record lost. TV freezes or audio is distorted, have had AT&T out multiple times. Have similar family members going thru thru the same stuff and going back to Comcast. I am about to go back to my Direct TV and Comcast

we can help

We can work on these, either click on my name (takes you to my contact page) or post in the direct forum here: »AT&T Direct
horseathalt7

join:2012-06-11

Re: we can help

Last time I checked, that is outright FRAUD. Which is a felony!
@Arush:
You should contact the FTC and your state consumer protection agency.

@David: If what Arush states is true you need to IMMEDIATELY FIRE Mr. Alex Torres!

·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

Re: we can help

said by horseathalt7:

My guess is probably a contractor, all the alex torres 's in company are in CA, TX and CT. None of them do sales.

Herpaderp

@rr.com

Bills

"He left us an order receipt with the amount to be charged each month of $103. Low and behold the first bill arrives and the monthly total reads $171!!!!"

Same thing happened to me. Turns out, the first bill is for 45 days instead of 30 for some reason, and there is an activation fee. The next bill should be around $103.

Review by alanxenos See Profile

• Location: Winnetka,Cook,IL
Good "Decent price, better than DSL"
Bad "4 stream limit ATM"
Overall "Like comcast, but less painful on the rear end."

·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Broadband..
Upgraded from AT&T DSL, which for the past year has never exceeded 512Kbps down due to crappy wiring. Was visited by a att door-to-door guy around Halloween. Sold me on the U-Verse 300 channel + 18Mbps internet service. Has been installed since 11/07 and it runs great. The only issue is we have 4 receivers in the house, and there is a limit to 4 streams so if all tv's are on, we can't record something in the background. I'll give them a temporary pass, as a tech told me there would be a 6-stream upgrade within 6 months, and 8 within 12. Also, had some initial receiver issues, called at 10p on a Monday night and had a tech out with a new one at 6p on Tuesday. All in all, a good experience so far.

Comments:

Anonjp

@spcsdns.net

AT&T sucks!

Where do I begin with this company. First off when requesting internet service i clearly stated that i wanted equipment sent to apt 139 and never recieved it. went looking for equipment and found it in front of apt 11 which was a model apt! After this Sent me a bill for almost $400 dollars in charges when I had already suspended my tv service with them two months prior and asked for Internet only. They then proceeded to suspend my service due to mistakes on their end and took over a month to revise my bill. Once bill was paid I requested Internet ONLY paid $100 deposit and all of a sudden there's a problem with finding a date for technician to come out. Horrible customer service! Reps set time and date to call back and never do. Tried making $100 deposit multiple times and they keep returning it to my card. Reps lie and say they left notes on account but when I call back they've magically disappeared. The last time I finally made payment and got date for technician to come out, come to find out they've accessed my bank account and have withdrawn over $800 which I did not authorize whatsoever.Called to speak to rep and was basically blown off and told that they had no knowledge of me calling in and my account number didn't exist. Called my bank and got my money back, terrible company and customer service will NEVER give this company my business again.