AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by paintref See Profile

• Location: Houston,Harris,TX
Good "Good HD Picture, Internet Speed Consistent"
Bad "None to speak of."
Overall "Happy With Service thus far."

Ordered U-verse (Internet and U200 TV package) on 4/15/2013 and was given an install date of 5/16/2013.

5/16/2013:

Install: Window was between 11a-1p. Tech arrived at 11.30a, well within the window. Had the Residential Gateway (2Wire 3800 HGV-B), 1 wired and 2 wireless receivers installed. Install took just over 4 hours, as they had to make a cable run from our neighbors yard to our telephone box. Installer did not leave until everything was in working order.

Once work was done, installer said it would take 3-4 business days for someone to come bury our cable. It was a pleasant surprise when a contractor (I assume) came out and buried the cable that was run to our telephone box.

TV: Got the U200 package . HD channels are clear on all our HDTVs. No major problems to speak of yet.

Internet: Although we are currently on the 6M service, which is a lot slower than comcast, speeds have been consistent and hardly any down time to speak of.

So far have been happy with the service. Hopefully, it will continue without any major problems.

6/16/2013:

Service has been rock solid up till now. No major problems to speak of.

8/9/2013

Service is still going strong and no problem/complaints thus far.

9/25/2014

Service is still going strong after a little more than a year. Service has been very reliable with no major issues. DVR box (Motorola VIP2250) went out. AT&T sent out a new box at no charge and got it up and running today.

member for 12.1 years, 4722 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Jon D

@sbcglobal.net

Uverse is horrible and WAY too expensive for what you get

Over the past three years, I have had the displeasure of watching AT&T universe degrade internet service, television service, customer service and overall support. Over the last six months, I consistently have problems with the reliability of the service, the technical quality and overall the extremely poor performance. The Internet drops out consistently, it is slow even though I pay for the high tier speeds, the television gets digital breakup, freezes and often the wonderful blue screen. I have to "reset" the gateway and boxes constantly. And the problem never gets fixed. While their technicians are certainly nice they come out to the house and tell you everything is peachy keen. Within two days. All the problems are back and the Internet once again doesn't work. It is systemic of the ATT system. It is poorly designed, poorly maintained and I think on the lowest tier for performance.
And I guess what is the ultimate reason I will dump these guys as soon as I find a replacement in my area, is that they continue to increase their bill while absolutely providing a horrible service. My suggestion to anyone reading this review would be to go to any other provider, and not to purchase any services from AT&T universe.

HLOKTY

@sbcglobal.net

Re: Uverse is horrible and WAY too expensive for what you get

Wow! My husband and I thought we were the only ones. We're currently going through the exact same issues with at&t uverse. It's TERRIBLE! We've had 5 different technicians show up at our house within the past 3 months. Each time would sound like a promise or a guaranteed that it will be rectified. BS!! I definitely wouldn't recommend this to anyone! Contract or no contract, I'd rather put my money towards good quality service rather than throwing my money away just to keep looking at a sad blue screen and puzzled images. With that being said, we've decided to cancel our contract. You said it right Jon D! Uverse is HORRIBLE and WAAAAAY too expensive for what you get!

Kat D

@sbcglobal.net
I'm a gamer, and my family and I have had AT&T for several, several years. But in the past year, AT&T forced us to "upgrade" to UVerse. Some nights the connection for our wifi is fine, but most night- Nope. Constant, random d/c's, latency, a whole broad spectrum of annoying issues. My computer is literally a few feet from the modem, and I never have more than three bars. Right now, I'm using my phone's (T-Mobile) wifi because it's far more reliable than UVerse. I'm severely displeased, like just about everyone else who had posted concerning AT&T. Take Mr.Jon's warning, and avoid AT&T Uverse

Ripped off

@bellsouth.net
I totally agree. My internet service is slow and drops too often. Uverse is not even available in my area. I think it is time we ALL demand better service and better prices from ATT, Comcast and all of the others that are overcharging us because we continue to pay...........

no name

@208.84.184.x

Uverse sucks

I thought I was the only one there that get's the blue screen / freeze up screen. Especially during your favorite program. When it 1st installed the tech put in that damm wireless receiver, in which I did not order & he said 'well you got it now"...sure enough we tolerated months of blue screens. Another tech came out (49.00 later) & took the wireless receiver & said the modem was interferring with it & causing the blue screen. Well, would't you know it, 2 day's later blue screen again. Called att&t again & they offered to send a tech this time at no charge & I said that ain't gonna do it. Now after reading all the reviews, others have cancelled uverse due numerous blue screens. Will have to go to another provider & cost me more $$$
mattmac

join:2011-03-27
West Palm Beach, FL

Re: Uverse sucks

Sorry about your problems I don't have any issues with uverse ..works perfectly happy with 18 Mb per second I get 18 Mb per second TV packages spotless no blue screens must be your installation.
patt2k

join:2009-01-16

hmm

this is what I get for same price as reviewer.

84.99 is for 75/35 internet when bundled with TV it's at (84/39mbps)
so the 84.99 is also with TV Package: Prime HD

paintref
Look, I see stars

join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX

Re: hmm

Don't have Verizon FIOS in my neck of the woods unfortunately.

It's either comcast or U-Verse.
grebbler

join:2006-12-26
Picayune, MS

Re: hmm

Mine works great in southern Mississippi!!!

Granite City, IL

If you are having problems folks

we can help. either click on my name or post in AT&T direct (I believe there is still a link on the front page of this site) says something of "staff run a support forum...."

Review by cratex See Profile

• Location: usa
Good "Pretty reliable most of time"
Bad "Was supposed to get $100 gift card and choice of device. Only $100 was honored."
Overall "They will lie and tell you anything to sign up. Nothing in writing, can't believe what they tell you."

U-200 channel lineup and Internet MAX (up to 18Mbps). When signing up I was promised a $100 gift card and a choice of 4 WiFi devices. I got instructions on how to get the gift card but never heard anything back on the WiFi device. When I called to make an inquiry I was told the saw no record of the WiFi offer. After being transferred to a manager I was told the agent should not have promised me both offers, that only 1 was allowed and that he would be reprimanded. I told her that didn't change anything or do me any good and that I would not have signed up for the service without both offers and would have chosen the Samsung Galaxy tablet valued at $300. She told me they could not get me the device but could give me a $200 bill credit instead, she would just have to get an approval from her manager. Today she called and told me her manager denied the $200 and would only give me $100. I am so tired of dealing with these people and being lied to. Plus, the TV installation was shabbily done. My sound system is messed up and I talked to someone yesterday telling me they would call me at 5:30 when I got home. Big surprise, no phone call.

Comments:

KarmaPieces
join:2004-07-05
Gulfport, MS

Alternate Contact Methods

Have you tried posting all of this on their Facebook page and writing to attcustomercare@att.com? I always post on their FB page first and I get faster attention then just emailing them outright. Not sure if that works for everyone though. I hope you get all of your issues resolved and don't blame you one bit for being mad and frustrated.

Here's a link to a post on the AT&T Uverse forum here that gives all the ways to make contact besides calling and having to deal with the overseas people.

»That's all folks!
etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX

Cancel and subscribe to cable

Depending on where you live you'll have faster internet, better offers and prices if you switch to cable.

You made a bad decision based on lies which makes the deal much worse.

With cable you can get at least 50 mbps internet for the same price, with TWC you will get huge debit card discounts and you'll get your free wi-fi device... it is clearly stipulated in their website.

I'm surprised you are still with at&t.

Review by ultimatebob See Profile

• Location: Clinton,Middlesex,CT
Good "It's reasonably priced, and they give you a reward card when you sign up"
Bad "Unreliable"
Overall "Almost bad enough to get me to switch back to Comcast. Almost."

I've had the UVerse U200 TV and "Turbo" Internet package for 2 months, and I've found that it's highly unreliable. The TV and DVR service randomly stops working, and their wireless gateway locks up and reboots itself every two weeks. Their tech support seems to be helpful with diagnosing these issues, but I'm not sure if this is going to change once Frontier Communications takes over their service in Connecticut starting next month.

On the bright side, the installer that I had was a pretty cool guy and they sent me $225 in reward cards after having the service for a month. That said, I might find myself crawling back to Comcast once my year contract is over.

Comments:

LunaAH

@66.87.102.x

Stay away... Bad installation ...

If you looking for internet service..think twice about getting...u-verse internet (contract).
I had about 34 days since they did the installation... A really bad installation.. Until now, no technician qualify has been fixed yet and guess what I did my
first payment"" yeyyy. Thanks att. for nothing.

email them direct

If it helps I will throw it out there. They have a email address for unresolved or still poor sevice issues. The address is attcustomercare@att.com.
PHDinCT

join:2014-09-17
Redding, CT

Re: email them direct...and they do NOTHING! except continue THROTTLING!

So tell me David....what does one do about AT&T U-Verse "throttling" customers' broadband signal trying to get them to trade up to a higher priced Plan?
I have contacted attcustomercare@att.com NUMEROUS times and they've sent techs out to my home-office, to merely switch routers or ck wiring, but they're always unreliable and drop-out internet signal is something that these techs just don't seem to be able to fix...mmmm, wonder why? NOT!

·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

Re: email them direct

I can't say I experienced throttling like you have. However, I also try to prevent my connection from being saturated too. Connection saturation will cause a local throttling condition as well. It's not something AT&T can detect either as it typically is local LAN caused.

Most times I tell people "if upgrading your speed fixed your throttling problem, you needed the speed upgrade some time ago as applications started flooding your local network."

A lot of people typically do not accept that. However, it seems they go to cable, wireless, another DSL provider, etc.. and get a faster speed and magically the problem disappears 100% of the time. I have seen people go from charter cable, to Uverse, Uverse to Charter cable, Uverse to comcast, comcast to uverse, Uverse to Clear wireless, Clear wireless to UVerse,

They all have one in particular common theme in their ISP reviews. "I upgraded my speed and my problem went away. "

Jonzz

@199.231.48.x

Re: email them direct

I had issues of TV pixelation and Voip issues and then all services crashed and the NRG modem/router died. The tech replaced it and told me the Battery backup in the router is a known issue that causes the symptoms and by replacing the NRG modem/router without adding the battery backup for VOIP fixes the issues. So far its been solid
premtek4lyfe

join:2014-10-17
Houston, TX

Re: email them direct

removing the BBU from inside the nvg589 will not fix anything it causes no issues. It for sure was a bad modem itself. PS i am a tech for uverse
ultimatebob

join:2014-09-25
Good idea!

I recently got AT&T to replace my UVerse gateway, which has improved reliability somewhat.

·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by ultimatebob:

That can throttle speeds as well, and a lot of people pass that right up/overlook that.

Review by PrymeMover See Profile

• Location: Olathe,Johnson,KS
Good "Excellent reliability, superb non-traditional support"
Bad "Huge modem, traditional support channels awful"
Overall "The perfect backup circuit for me"

·Consolidated Com..
My AT&T U-Verse connection came about after I was tired of TWC:BC not offering anything more than 15mbit for less than $insane. I left for a residential cable connection, but was uncomfortable giving up the priority support and still had a few use cases that required a static IP. Accordingly, I decided that any move would require a backup circuit. Therefore, I ordered AT&T with a static IP block and set up my router/firewall to fail over to the connection automatically when the cable connection was down.

The VDSL2 modem, the 2-wire 3600HGV, is hilariously large. It's bigger than any two modems I've ever used. I suspect this is to reduce thermal stress, but come on guys. It's not an issue in my case as I just placed it next to the other mountain of network equipment, but still.

I normally will subscribe to the fastest available tier, but for a backup circuit, I settled on 18/1.5. Unsure if I could get that speed and not willing to pay for an unnecessary professional installation, I ordered 12/1 and then had the profile upgraded based on my excellent line stats--all the way to 35/5 for the profile itself.

The line has been rock solid. However, I eventually decided to move. I have been burned by AT&T in the past during a move where they lost my statics (I literally moved across the street) and were unable to get them back, which frustrated me so much that I just canceled service. This time, I reached out to the social media team - and wow, those guys are just superb. They were professional, courteous, competent, and made the U-Verse service move about the least stressful part of my relocation. And my line is even more solid now as I'm half-again closer to the VRAD.

I would seriously consider using AT&T as my primary provider if they offered much faster connection rates (and shed their ridiculously low 2007-era sized caps). However, the VDSL2 technology, even with pair bonding, is never going to be competitive with D3/D3.1 or with fiber (this area is slated to get Google Fiber in the near future). I wish AT&T would have implemented a more forward-looking strategy and deployed fiber from the start. I also would consider them for a TV provider if they weren't so bandwidth constrained that they have to severely limit the # of simultaneous HD streams and compress the crap out of them. It's too bad, too--the service itself is more reliable and available than either my primary cable internet or satellite-based TV services.

***Update Oct 2014: Honestly, not much to say. My promotion ran out so the price is no longer as nice as it once was (I actually pay more for my backup circuit than my primary now), but this connection is just rock solid. My modem has been up for 306 days, during which time it has logged a total downtime of 418 seconds. That's 99.998% uptime at the circuit-level. Sometimes it feels like cable struggles to hit one nine. AT&T's biggest problem is that their speeds are just not competitive. My primary cable connection hits nearly 300mbps, whereas AT&T's top tier is 45.

member for 14.3 years, 3701 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

katie

@97.83.164.x

AT&T

We just recently switched to AT&T and are scheduled for installation in the next few weeks.

I'm really hoping that it's much better than the last time we had it; but with the great deal they gave us for two years, I thought we'd give them another shot. Hopefully they've fixed their horrible installations, along with their awful modems. Last time we had them, the stupid thing would go into sleep mode every 6 hours and we'd have to reset it. This did not fly well during football season when we'd be watching the same channel for over 6 hours and all of a sudden we didn't have a signal. The answer the techs gave us was that it was a "safety feature" on modem and that it would go into sleep mode to keep it from overheating.

Hmm..that sounded safe..

The next tech told me that it was a bad modem and they sent us several others..all with the same issue.

The next excuse they gave me was that we lived in an older home and that the foundation was keeping us from getting a good signal.

Sure..ok.

I had techs over several times with little success, until FINALLY a decent tech came over on a Sunday and fixed the darn thing the way it was supposed to be fixed. He was there for well over two hours fixing the wiring in our basement and I could hear him swearing to himself because the wiring was so completely messed up. When he finally finished, he told me to make sure that AT&T didn't charge me for the service call, as it wasn't an operator error, but a completely messed up installation.

When we got our bill there was a $200 service fee added on for the service call. When I contacted Customer Service, they told me that it was an operator error and that I'd set the modem up wrong. I told them to refer to the tech notes and they finally removed the $200 fee as I worked my way up the food chain.

After finally getting our service to work correctly, I stayed with AT&T until moving and returned the modem to them by mail. Funny that the Customer Service Rep that I spoke with told me to HANG ONTO my receipt, as they don't always look at when the modems come back in, that they were signed for..and that the modem is actually "in house", and will often charge for a missing modem..which of course, they did.

Several phone calls later, they finally found the modem in their system after several months and them billing me for the stupid thing.

I swore I'd never go back to AT&T again but..

That was five years ago, so I'm hoping the installation is much better, along with their modems. Asking around our neighborhood, most folks are really happy with AT&T so maybe they got their act together.

Hmm. Hope we made the right decision to switch, but we were just plain sick of Charter Communications raising our rates three times in the past year as we were paying over $170 a month for crappy tv and slow, sluggish internet speeds ever since they switched to digital (while we had the highest speed they offered). I've made call after call to them regarding all this, resetting the modem did absolutely nothing, and thus they wanted to send out a tech that would come within a four hour window.

First of all, their techs are completely undependable. Irregardless how long ago my appointment was made, they are KNOWN for working their way from the furthest call..and then gradually work their way across town, back to Charter.

Maybe this is the way they all work, but when I spoke to the Customer Service Rep at AT&T (they only have a TWO hour window..which I can handle) she said that the appointments are served in the order they come in. Irregardless, I can handle a two hour window much better than a four hour one...while they show up at the last possible second.

The bottom line is that for two years, we got a fantastic deal with AT&T. Almost 400 channels, the highest speed internet they offer; a free wireless modems; the second modem is free also, and the third we'll pay a mere $8 a month. $95.05 a month and after tax and all the little charges, we'll still be paying only $120.00. In addition, we'll also receive two Visa cards; one for $200 and another for $150.

Again, we couldn't go wrong as in this economy where every penny counts, that extra $50 bucks in our pocket every month, along with our bill staying the same for the next two years..we'll take it.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. In the meantime, I appreciate all the customer reviews as there are good and bad. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Review by Timmn See Profile

• Location: Tinley Park,Cook,IL
Good "When it works, it's great"
Bad "It doesn't always work UPDATE: It's been fixed, still uncomfortable with VOIP phone."
Overall "2nd biggest mistake I made in my life UPDATE: It's not the 2nd biggest mistake anymore"

·AT&T Yahoo
·DIRECTV
In a moment of weakness, I let the AT&T rep talk me into U-Verse, now, my neighborhood was not good enough for U-Verse TV, so I got the ADSL2+ service.

The gateway I was supplied with was a Motorola NVG510

I got the U-Verse unlimited voice service, and it's simply VOIP through the gateway, when the internet goes down, so does the phone. I'm glad I still have one POTS line coming into the house, because the phone and internet goes down at least once a week since I got it.

The worst part about this is that the last time the technician was out here he could find nothing wrong. He did replace the gateway, in hoping that might fix it, but it has already gone down once, cutting a call off in mid-sentence.

UPDATE:
AT&T sent another technician out and he supposedly checked all the connections on my line going back to the Central Office (about 4 blocks from my location) and said he found some bad connections. I don't know if he actually did that, but he must have done something, because from the time he left until now, it's been rock solid.

UPDATE 10/7/14: It's not "rock solid" anymore, it goes down from time to time, but never when a technician is here. I'm thinking about cancelling the phone service, when it goes down, it seems to do it at the worst possible moment during a phone call. One technician told me that the copper running between my house and the C.O. is "very old", and that may be the reason why it goes down.

Luckily, I just use it for entertainment, if I was trying to make a living with this, the service would be unacceptable.

member for 14.9 years, 831 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Bob27

@108.225.46.x

AT&T U-Verse is negligent and unresponsive

On Sep 23/2014 three rather unkempt gentlemen showed up at our door and identified themselves as AT&T personnel who needed to do some work in our back yard. Shortly thereafter our service (TV, Internet, land line) went down without the slightest warning to us. I could have been doing something important on the net, making a purchase, communicating with my bank, and so on. They didn't care. I went out to the back yard and, to my shock, they had dug up a hole 20 feet long, 2 feet deep, and 2 to 3 feet wide all along the yard. I took pictures. A technician was sitting on the edge with his feet in the hole and was fiddling with the cable. I asked the workers if they were intending to re-fill the hole and re-landscape and, of course, they said yes. A few hours later the service was restored, but there was no one in the backyard and the hole remained wide open. I immediately called AT&T to complain and was assured everything would be fine. We then waited two days for someone to show up but no luck. We called AT&T many more times over the course of this ordeal, left unreturned messages, got the runaround, nothing happened for 12 days straight, the dangerous gash on the earth remaining un-touched, until Oct 5, when two workers finally showed up, apologized profusely, and re-filled the hole, promising to return within the next two days to re-sod and restore the landscape. They haven't as of my writing this, two days later.

Re: AT&T U-Verse is negligent and unresponsive

might email them direct at attcustomercare@att.com- that's who took over my stuff that is posted here when I took a promotion earlier this year.

THanks

Review by cralt See Profile

• Location: Waterbury,New Haven,CT
Good "Very reliable. "
Bad "Cost to MB/s ratio isn't that great. "
Overall "The reliability will keep me a customer. Speeds very consistant. "

·Charter
Internet only. 3m/768K. I ordered online and did the Self install. That was the last contact I have ever had with ATT. I get the advertised speeds no matter what time of day. The 2wire 3600 gateway is a little clunky looking but seems to work just fine. Not being able to use your own modem is a downer.

Update 9/2014. Now have new promo (34.99month) with 6m service and 200mins voip. Voip service works good. Im getting a solid 7.5M on speed tests. I guess they over provision a little.
Was a big fight with AT&T cust service to get new promo. Order and billing got messed up and took a few calls to get fixed. I wish the customer service was as good as the actual service.

Now 1year plus and zero outages.

member for 4.2 years, 195 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by PHDinCT See Profile

• Location: Redding,Fairfield,CT
Good "not much right now...maybe price."
Bad "Poor ISP signal..drop-out, lost datpackets..."
Overall "If Comcast just would get THEIR act together or state of CT would open up to other ISPs...but oh well...gotta make another appt."

So tell me ....what does one do about AT&T U-Verse "throttling" customers' broadband signal trying to get them to trade up to a higher priced Plan? Particularly when they are the ONLY DSL carrier in Connecticut?

(Nearest cable pole is 300 yards and needs a trench dug for cable = $3,000+)

I have repeatedly contacted attcustomercare@att.com NUMEROUS times and they've sent techs out to my home-office, to merely switch routers or ck wiring, but they're always unreliable and drop-out internet signal is something that these techs just don't seem to be able to fix...mmmm, wonder why? NOT!

Comments:

Zenit

join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon Online DSL

Comcast

Regarding Comcast:

A 900ft distance is not too bad for a cable plant extension - the underground part is probably driving up the costs. I assume you tried singing up for business class service?

They will often waive minor construction like this if you sign a business class contract for 2 or 3 years.

If they only come down a little on construction costs, you could offer to have the trench dug yourself (rent the machine for a day) and then Comcast's crews would bury the lines.

That is if you own the land.

Good luck dealing with Frontier in the future....

Review by jgibbon4 See Profile

• Location: Knoxville,Knox,TN
Good "Consistent internet speeds. Crystal Clear Picture"
Bad "Poor on-demand offerings"
Overall "More expensive than Xfinity in this neighborhood. I have had both. Prefer Uverse."

Ordered the U-300 package
The installation was professional and quick

member for 5.4 years, 179 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by pulsev2 See Profile

• Location: Sacramento,Sacramento,CA
Good "Easy to get Started"
Bad "PRICE AFTER CONTRACT, RENEWAL PROCESS, CUSTOMER SERVICE"
Overall "ANOTHER PAIN IN THE ASS, JUST LIKE COMCAST. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FORGET IT"

Have the U450 package with HBO/Cinemax, Max turbo 24mb internet, and uverse voice(voip). The first year was a contract, with discounts and incentives for around $185. Multiple hardware failures, internet lags, service visits etc in first 6-9 months. Some issues with rental home wiring being substandard. All line issues dealt with by placing router directly on the interior wall next to the outside line connection box, then using a cat5 cable between the two. For phone line issues, we then plugged the cordless base directly into the router and went wireless throughout the house, as the phone wiring had gotten wet/damaged somehow. Connection issues gone.

As for performance, the TV performs well, the internet is seldom at rated speed. Right now, speedtest.net gives me 15mb dl/4.6 UL. I pay for 24. Id say I get rated internet speed probably 20% of the time or less. Phone service has been ok, but we hardly use it. We have cells.

Renegotiated new agreement for service AFTER we got the HUGE bill the month following contract expiration. 240. They have it set up so you HAVE TO GET A BIG BILL POST-CONTRACT EXPIRATION, BECAUSE IF YOU CALL BEFORE IT EXPIRES, THEY CANT NEGOTIATE THE NEXT "AGREEMENT". YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER IT EXPIRES, AND AFTER A NEW OFF AGREEMENT BILL IS GENERATED. THEN THEY SAY YOUR NEW "AGREEMENT" WILL BE RETROACTIVE, IT ISN'T. AND IN MY CASE, MY "NEW AGREEMENT" I HASHED OUT ON THE PHONE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR NEARLY AN HOUR ON A SATURDAY ON THE PHONE, WAS COMPLETE RUBBISH. NO TRACE OF THE CONVERSATION EVEN HAPPENING. ANOTHER BILL FOR 280 NOW. RIDICULOUS. AND THEY ALSO CHANGED THE BILL CYCLE, BECAUSE THEY CAN, AND DIDN'T BOTHER NOTIFYING ME UNTIL I RECEIVED MY NEXT BILL FOR 280. I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS NONSENSE FROM ALL PROVIDERS. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT AT&T WAS OK FOR A WHILE, BUT AFTER A RECENT CELL PHONE ORDERING TOTAL FAIL, ALSO RELATED TO AN AGREEMENT MADE OVER THE PHONE WHICH THEY COULD NOT HONOR, I AM THROUGH WITH CABLE TV. IM GOING FREE OVER THE AIR, AND STREAMING. THESE COMPANIES ARE SCIENTIFICALLY SCREWING EVERYBODY WHO GIVES THEM A NICKEL. ALL DONE. HENCE THIS REVIEW. WAY TO F*CK YOURSELF AT&t.

(2014092806_11_36Speedtest.netbyOoklaTheGlobalBroadbandSpeedTest.jpg)

Comments:

oneoone

join:2010-01-20
Lagrange, GA

Hmm

So you're angry because you are paying the full price for services you agreed to when you joined?

Review by doechsli See Profile

• Location: Louisville,Jefferson,KY
Good "Modern Interface"
Bad "Old copper carrying the signal, subject to damage"
Overall "equal to or better than cable for slightly less money (for 24 months)"

Ordered the U300 package supporting 4 TV's with a DVR, telephone service and 18mb internet service. Due to a problem at the VRAD the install was delayed by several weeks. Installation was started on A Friday and not completed till a Tuesday due to a bad wire pair on the pole. Overall the order/install process went as well as could be expected with the exception of the bad pair which cause the three day delay. One thing to note is when being quoted a price, that does not include any applicable taxes or fees so your monthly bill will be higher. In my case fees/taxes amount to about $20 a month. This is a fairly new install but so far there have been no technical issues. On a side note, I did pull my own Cat5e cable to each TV set so I am not running any TV's using the wireless set top box.