AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by me1900 See Profile

• Location: Oklahoma City,Oklahoma,OK
Good "Fast connection Good tech support"
Bad "New billing cycle hard to determine."
Overall "Excellent alternative to pricey Cox Cable!"

The techs were kind of slow to get my service switched on at the CO. Only because their is 1 guy working the switch at the CO performing connects and disconnects for multiple patrons. Not the install tech's fault. Once they got me switched on it was 10 minutes then I am online. Service has been stable everyday. Periodic modem reboots were necessary after heavy usage. No big deal as electronics of all kinds are never going to be perfect!

Comments:

verytickdoff

Another abused Uverse customer

They installed uverse broadband and phone on 1/22/14, and as of 1/27/14, they have yet to get the phone working. The service dept is a joke. Very polite, but can't seem to fix anything. I call or use chat to contact the service dept every day, and it's always the same story. Usually they claim to find a "problem with the order" that they are happy to fix but it will take time so check back tomorrow. It still doesn't work the next day, so you get to describe the whole problem all over again to a new person. Now they have put the order in to get it fixed, but they won't be able to get to it until 1/30, a full 8 days after the original scheduled connection. Three time during this I was disconnected while on hold, and they didn't bother calling back even though they did have my cell phone number. At other times they said they'd call back, but didn't. There isn't even anyone at AT&T to complain to about this because they just forward you back to the service department.

Un happy U v

Re: Another abused Uverse customer

I am having the same trouble. I was an AT&T DSL customer and was pretty much told that I needed to switch to U verse so I did. Have had nothing but trouble since. My U Verse account when set up wasn't linked to my phone number and to top that off they had the wrong phone number. I have been with them for 15 years as a DSL customer. With the sales pitch I was told that I needed to pay a $100 fee for phone installation. When I asked what the fee covered, they told me to run fiber optics from the pole to my house. Come to find out I am on a D-slam service or slam box service which means Fiber optics stops at the AT&T hub. It's not even ran on the poles yet in my area. Now, where I could stream ESPN with DSL service, with U Verse I can't. Extremely unhappy customer here. I am looking elsewhere for service and I agree, customer service is a joke. In speaking with 8 different people about all the problems since the switch, including some managers, I got 20 different answers. Not Happy At All!

Don Sinclair

Variable Pricing AKA the big game

Several months ago my ATT bill went up substantially. I called and explained to the customer service rep that I did not want to do business with a company that played games with their pricing. What I wanted was a reasonable price that would remain consistent. She work with me and came up with a price that I thought was reasonable and so I stayed with ATT. That price lasted 4 months and now it has gone up $22 a month and when I called to find out why I was told that I had several promotions that expired at different times and I would see more increases as other promotions expired. So much for honest pricing!

Needless to say I will be looking at every other service provider or multiple providers to get internet and TV and possibly phone.

BK2748

@rr.com

Re: Variable Pricing AKA the big game

I had the same issues.. ATT is the worst service I have ever had!!!

love lost

@venyu.com

The Worst

I am so disappointed with AT &T uverse service. It is the worst service you can ever get. A big Fib, fast speed, it is horrible. You will do better with dial-up. It took 3 techs over a 3 week period to get the services installed only to not work properly. The connection constantly gets lost. They also fibbed about the rebate on the so called uverse modem. Have not received the letter yet. It has been 3 months. AT &T is The WORST.

buzz

@swbell.net

AT&T Uverse boondoggle

Brought in fast talking salespeople from another state to sell uverse. Signed up, changed EVERYTHING over, messed up my billing, didn't work, 3 weeks later -when I finally say "pull it", find out from AT&T DSL guy that my house was too far away to support Uverse. ON TOP - they reset my home phone, dsl and wireless up on different account numbers rather than old bundled one. I paid my bill, it got credited to old account and they had no way to take it out of old account and credit to new account number and insisted I pay AGAIN - they were yelling at me. Until finally got through to a manager who after 1/2 an hour figured out what happened and fixed it. This was after a total of about 17 hours on the phone with various AT&T "customer service" folk trying to get the whole thing fixed. I HATE AT&T - and am, unfortunately, tied to them with wireless. Recently got rid of Dish and went with Roku, and am now going over DSL limits with AT&T! I can't win.

Review by TMMerlin See Profile

• Location: Oxford,Oakland,MI
Good "Excellent HD picture and Internet speed"
Bad "None in my household"
Overall "Great price/performance"

AT&T U-verse with U-450 and 18Meg DSL.
Performance is "excellent"..! I receive 3-HD streams, too. TV is far superior to
my old Directv and I get no rain/snow fade or mysterious dropouts. The DSL is
virtually error free.

Note: The U-verse killer is "bridge-taps" on your copper. Make sure your installer tests for and gets the outside wireline folks to get rid of all bridge taps.

Comments:

Review by RPM Jack See Profile

• Location: USA
Good "Easy self-install, support has been responsive, technicians are capable and helpful."
Bad "Too many outages, support attempted to sell upgraded package while service was down."
Overall "Good value for existing SBC/ATT DSL customer, most of the outages are not related to my equipment, plan to stay with AT&T."

Stopped by AT&T store to purchase a new Samsung phone in 2011, representative checked account and recommended moving to U-verse DSL. Placed the order for U-verse Pro when I purchased the phone, did not switch to U-verse voice, was shipped the self-install package on a timely basis. PIN was not received via USPS until after the cutover date.

I had no significant issues performing the self-install as scheduled beyond some minor issues configuring the Linksys router; luckily I remembered the PIN. The Motorola modem functioned well for several years. I had several significant outages that were resolved without entering the premises While chatting with a support representative while I was at work during one outage, the representative attempted to sell me an upgraded package, which was poor timing on his part.

I had an outage before Thanksgiving 2013, and a technician arrived the next day (Friday), replacing the modem with a more current Motorola NVG510 modem, which eliminated the need for the Linksys router. I noticed my AT&T landline was dead on Saturday, and my U-Verse DSL died on Sunday. Another technician arrived on Monday and resolved some wiring issues at the box. He blamed the problem on the recent cold, wet weather. He also rewired the box in the wall of my bedroom to better match the standard U-Verse configuration. My speed tests after the second visit by a technician were significantly higher than after the first visit (1.7 download versus 2.8 download). Wi-Fi performance by my phone, tablet, Roku, and Windows PCs on the new modem have been excellent.

I may be moving in the near future, and at this point, I plan to stick with U-Verse DSL and I will probably move to U-Verse Voice, eliminating my landline.

member for 13 years, 6050 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Perry43

Att uverse

Our setvice is out as much as it works. In 6 months they have been out 7 times. Still has problems. Save yourself the time of a contract they wont let you out of. Uverse tv and internet is worthless

Review by Graystoke See Profile

• Location: Stockton,San Joaquin,CA
Good "HD Picture Quality, Support, DVR"
Bad "Several non premium cable channels, such as FX channel, not available with on demand."
Overall "Overall, I'm happy with U-verse."

I've had U-verse for seven years now. After a shaky first year with the voice portion, TV, internet, and voice, have been running smoothly all these years. Customer service, when needed, has been very good.

member for 8.3 years, 2080 visits, last login: 2 days ago

Comments:

Elaine2221

@mycingular.net

U verse

U verse internet sucks there wifi is horrible, we never get wifi signal any where in my house excep right next to the modem, and AT&T snoop around your history so if u download something your not supposed too, AT&T send u text messages saying there going to shout down your Service pulse they even look through your old history from years ago.
Expand your moderator at work

jennhynd

@myvzw.com

att sucks

I have NEVER had issues like this with Comcast. when we moved I feel as though att took advantage of us with their lies to claims of being better. dear God let this contract end so I can drop this company. three months of awful awful services, billing errors, long outages and continually messed up equipment. yay for att!
Graystoke

join:2006-03-24
Stockton, CA

Re: att sucks

Wow. I've never had any billing errors or long outages in all the years I've had U-verse. No problems with WiFi either. I have had some problems with equipment, STB/DVR, and 2Wire gateway had to be replaced, but those issues were resolved very quickly.

Review by cybrog See Profile

• Location: Westbrook,Middlesex,CT
Good "Installation went very well."
Bad "Speed is inconsistant."
Overall "Better than my old DSL"

I ordered U-Verse Downstream speed up to 18 Mbps with10 additional email addresses at introductory price of $28 monthly (50%discount) for 1 year. Ordering and installation was a breeze.

Previous speed test as follows.
Last result for your IP:
15519/941 Kbps

Speed test results just completed now.
3059/945 Kbps

Only problem I had was 1 laptop needed wireless driver update to be able to connect to Motorola NVG510.

Comments:

Review by Chris 313 See Profile

• Location: Houma,Terrebonne,LA
Good "Every channel I had from my Comcast TV service for at least 30 bucks less. A DVR that can tape 4 shows at once."
Bad "Less then stellar HD feeds, currently limited HSI speeds vs cable. Very Frustrating pre-setup"
Overall "AT&T U-Verse TV service is the best bang for my buck! Excellent features over Comcast"

·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..
I’ve been thinking about getting U-Verse for a while at least for TV since Comcast has been failing me in features, DVR hard drive size, and the big one: Price. My triple Play package will be going up by 30 bucks once the deal is over. Their DVR is too small, limiting the amount of recording I could save and limiting the number of shows I could record at one time. As of yesterday 12/9/10, I went to the mall and to the AT&T store to get U-Verse TV set up. There began a very frustrating pre-set up. I got a woman named Lena. They had complaints about my ID and several false starts ensued until they decided they could use my ID. I was fed bunk about not being able to get TV service only and had to bundle it with Internet too.

I called her on it, as if you look online, you can get a package with TV only. Though I was kind of tempted to get 24/3 U-Verse internet since Comcast hasn’t upgraded me yet and I’m still at 8/2. I still hate to be talked into things that I don’t want at the time. Next thing that almost had me walking out was my being told that to even get service, I had to do Autopay for 6 months and if I wouldn’t that, she couldn’t set me up. (I’m still awaiting confirmation on that since those saleswomen already lied to me once about a channel I wanted added to my package.) I refused at first, but relented as I didn’t want to waste everything I did to get service started up until that point. But I was not happy in the slightest. I got 95% of everything I wanted channel wise in the package I chose, U-450. I wanted Anime Network On Demand added to my package. They looked at me funny and insisted it was part of my package and couldn’t or wouldn’t look further for it, though it’s possible in my frustration, I might’ve mis-explained it, and I really should’ve wrote it down. Another add-on I wanted was said to be included in my package, but I don’t think so. I’m still on the fence about it anyway and could do without it and save my 5 bucks. No matter as you’ll read below.

After getting things set up, choice of install dates came up and as I wanted to get rid of Comcast TV as soon as possible. Going from my friend’s U-Verse install, I was expecting at least a week delay. Instead, I got an install date for 12/10/10 for between 1-3 pm. I was shocked and happy. Still, I left angry since I had a feeling things were going to go wrong. I came home, looked up the Anime Network On Demand channel and it wasn’t a part of my package like they had insisted. I talked to a Tier 2 tech named, Matt. He got me squared away and did what he could to help me get that forced Autopay situation handled.

Lovely tech support and my pre-set up with U-Verse would’ve went much smoother and faster if he had been behind the counter and talking to me face to face.

That brings us to today.

12/10/10

I was awakened by a phone call at 8:33 am from the outside tech, Barry. He said he’d be there in 15 minutes. He showed up, replaced my NID and some wiring and was getting in his truck and driving off by 9:40 am. The first part of the install went swimmingly and I was happy. Now all that was left was to wait a few hours for the tech that was going to come do my inside work. 10 minutes after Barry left, I got another call from the 2nd tech, JB. He asked me if he could come do the install earlier then my appointment time window. I told him come on down! I was thrilled. He told me he’d be there in about an hour. He arrived at 10:43 am, introduced himself and got to looking at my set up. I was planning on reusing the cable my Comcast TV service was on if it was possible. He went and traced the wires and tested the signal and things were fine. I was also told that I was 1,054 feet from the VRAD and on the 32/5 profile. The best there is, or so I was told. A little wiring work later, he went back to his truck and brought in a 2Wire 3800HGV-B model Residential Gateway unit and a Cisco IPN4320 DVR STB. He unhooked the Comcast DVR and I was shocked to see AT&Ts boxes are about half the size of the Comcast box.

The install was neat, clean and works real well. I have an even better SD picture then I had with Comcast’s TV service

It took about 5 minutes for the boxes to boot and then things got working. I was definitely blown by the difference in channel line up that I’ll have to relearn, but, eh. I’m a tech. I’ll figure it out (or at least my favorite channels in short order) soon. I also found out after hooking it to an HD monitor I have that the box switches resolutions between my SDTV Tube TV and my HDTV monitor. Too bad I can’t watch 2 different channels on each hookup while doing that. When watching the HD hook up, I see what others have said about U-Verse HD quality with the blurriness and slightly blocky picture. Though by the time I get an actual HDTV, they’ll have probably improved things further.

Before JB left, I checked on Anime Network On Demand and found it not working, though it kicked in a bit after he left. So far, I’m great now. All my channels are working and I’m loving the change. AT&T U-Verse TV is well worth my money and I’m glad I switched. He left at 12:30 pm. The install went well and the only thing that’s off is the fact my VCR wasn’t hooked back up, but I can do it myself later. So, no harm.

A few hours after the install, I got back in touch with Matt of Tier 2 and told him about things and he informed me that although I had 4HD channels available to me, I could only record 3 and watch 1 on another TV, which isn’t possible since only one TV is hooked up to the service. I tested it earlier and was able to record all 4 channels on the one box like I had originally wanted. This shocked him as he thought I wasn’t in a test area for that feature. (I had read on another forum that recording 4 channels was being sent to each new customer from the beginning instead of an upgrade.) So I picked a great time to sign up, eh?

The remote and various things like setting up series recordings and search will take some getting used to, but I’m rapidly adapting and I love the service. I should’ve switched before now.

The actual techs that serviced me and Matt at Tier 2 were exceptional

I’ll be dumping Comcast TV on Monday now that I’m hooked up. I’ll be updating this review when I find out what my next bill is and what the Autopay situation is.

Update: 12/15/10

Just got access to the U-Verse site and set everything up. Was able to cancel my Autopay. It remains to be seen if it'll effect anything. I believe that the lady doing my pre-order set up was lying to me saying that Auto pay is mandatory for 6 months.

Update: 12/18/10

Got a piece of mail from AT&T saying that my now canceled Autopay was approved and a warning that any services requiring Autopay, if Autopay was canceled, service would be shut off and if service is terminated, would incur ETFs, etc. If this is true, with others having U-Verse service and others without forced Autopay. I won't pay any fees and might even consider going back to Comcast if my service is shut off for something as stupid as forcing Autopay, when I fully intend to pay my bill every month without it.

Update: 12/20/10

I was just watching one of my recordings and have finally seen what others have mentioned with pixelation and micro-blocking. It was nasty. Their faces were blurred out during this few seconds. Though, this was on the SD version of the channel, HD may be better. I'll have to do some testing. Still, it's not bad enough for me to get overly pissed about it. Their DVR box is enough to keep me on the service for a long while. Being able to record 4 shows at once is too addicting to switch.

Update: 2/3/11

Since the last update, I've had the service for over a month now and I like it. I've since dropped all add on packages like Anime Network on Demand, and just went with the U-450 as it is out of the box to save the 7 dollars in add ons I was spending. I was gonna go with the HD add on package of channels in addition to the Anime Network on Demand package, so I could get the Funimation Channel, but decided against it. I'm glad I did as just as I was making the decision, U-Verse ran a week of everything they had to offer for free. So I got to see just what the HD package I was gonna order was like. I wasn't too impressed. And the Funimation Channel offered 2 shows that I wanted, but could get on DVD or Hulu anytime I chose. So here I am. Matt from Tier 2 was very helpful in getting me squared away and off I go. I've also paid my first month's bill since then and have basically shown that woman at the mall to be a liar. I don't have to have mandatory autopay like she insisted I did. Instead, I pay it with my bank's bill pay service and haven't heard a peep out of AT&T about it. My 6 month promo is up in June, so we'll see then if I make any changes to my TV package or service in general.

Update: 7/8/11

This month, my 6 month U-Verse TV promotion expired and my bill went from 113 to 124. The expected price increase to 117 happened and the rest was just fees and taxes. I don't use a lot of the channels such as HBO and others, so I decided to cut my package down to something below 100 bucks that doesn't have premium channels included. Since I watch only maybe 20-30 channels regularly, I looked for a package with those and went from U-450 (their top package with every Premium channel) down to U-200. It has everything that I use of the U-450 package, and nothing I don't. I'll also save 25 if not more, dollars a month from the switch. Don't know what my exact bill will be now. but it will be less then 100 bucks. I'm expecting around 80 or slightly less.

Also, on the 5th, I got the fabled Phase 3 update and my DVR matches what Comcast had in terms of being able to see how much recording space my DVR has left without having to go through a bunch of menus first. It is a bit slower, though. And they changed the fast forward controls. Can't say I like that, but it's an extra hit on the button and the slowness? Maybe it's just me. We'll see.

Will update when I get my latest bill in with the U-200 plan changes.

Update: 9/22/12

Wednesday night at 7:30 pm, my RG lost connection and I was left with a blinking red light. I can't use my TV service for the time being. I suspect the RG is fried. This will have been the second RG to break since I got my service on 12/10/10.

I'm awaiting replacement and will update with how that goes.

Update: 9/24/12

After a bit of a false start with Tech support, I got an appointment for 9/24/12 for them to send a tech out about my issue. Talked to a nice guy named Travis, who to my shock, said that it wasn't my RG as I thought, but that there was a break in the line between the VRAD and my home wiring. Whether or not it was at my house wasn't known at the time.

I gleaned an appointment from 12-4 pm. At 3:22 PM, an inside tech named Jason came and a few minutes into running his tests says that I'm dead at the house and it isn't my house wiring. So they have to get a line tech into the mix as there is nothing more Jason can do on his end. He leaves after this and I'm waiting for the Line tech to come.

At 4:11 PM, the Line tech, Mike calls. We talked for a few minutes and I surprised him with my knowledge of the setup, as regular customers don't know these things. I'm not your regular customer as I make it my business to know everything I can about a given tech as it helps with troubleshooting.

About 4:30, he comes, tells me that he's got good signal down the road, so it must be the box closer to my house. 100 feet away line wise is the box that my wires connect to. He goes and opens that up and low and behold. There is a pair of cut wires that lead back to my home and the reason why I've not got service. They weren't labeled as active either. So he hooks they back up and hopefully labeled them as he said he would do and he runs his tests while I go back inside and check things on my end.

By the time I get back in, my TV is already playing live, DVR hasn't come up yet. But after a few minutes, everything is working. By 5:00, it's like nothing happened and I'm catching up on my missed TV eps.

I also got a credit on my account for the days that I wasn't able to use my service. I need a real case of bad weather to really put the repair work through it's paces, but I'm happy and hope that I don't have any more problems for a good while.

Update: 1/13/14

Well, on 12/10/13, it's been my 3 year anniversary with U-Verse TV. It's been quite a ride so far. 2 box swaps and an RG later, here I still am. Though, maybe not for much longer. There is a price increase coming at the end of the month. I'll be looking for a Promo. If I don't get one, I'll be shopping around to carry out my threat of leaving. I have no interest in U-Verse phone or their slower internet. Cable has been making good strides in catching up to the TV service that snagged me. So we'll see.

We'll see where it goes from here. And I'll update with whatever I find out.

member for 10 years, 5897 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

nacho

@172.56.6.x

att uverse customer service SUCKS

We called these people to get service from them. We after they gave a time and date I had to ask for half a day off work. We these people decided to call me after I got home at about seven pm the day before to tell me they couldn't come afterall and sorry for the inconvenience. So here I am with 1/2 day off work wasted . These company sucks and by the way I tried calling them and guess what I was connected to someone in India. This is crap. ATTSucks

Review by tperl See Profile

• Location: Columbus,Franklin,OH
Good "quick and easy install, schedule dvr on att.net"
Bad "rebate issues, cost of additional boxes, price increases"
Overall "worth it"

Found out Uverse was available so I signed up. Quick and easy install. Installer was very professional and knowledgeable. Signed up for U200 and 3mb. I did not get the rebate amount that was promised but they mailed me a visa gift card when I called to complain. Cable co here is Insight which has been filling my mailbox with offers almost daily. Standard 2wire modem and VIP1225 for Dvr. I have had the tv picture freeze up for a few seconds several times but not that big of a deal. (Blacklick 43004)

update 11/11/09
Everything still working fine but I am moving soon. I think uverse is available where I am moving but I am just going to cancel and turn in the equipment. Will set up install at new place at some point if available and update review.

update 4/27/10
Install was done at new place awhile ago. Everything basically same as before other than price increase. (New Albany 43054)

update 2/28/11
Just moved again and this time uverse is not available. Overall I was satisfied with the service we had although they just raised the price pretty significantly. We told them when we called to cancel that we were doing so because of the price increase.

update 7/2012
Moved into a temporary rental house and had a new install. Tech gave us a wireless receiver for our 2nd tv for no extra charge. Signed up for U300, don't recall internet speed but speedtest.net showing 10 mbps dl. Approx $100 per/mo for a 6 month promo with no contract. (Columbus 43209)

update 12/31/12
Just purchased a home (no more moving!) and had the previous service transferred. Tech came out and had to run a new drop from the pole while it was snowing. He did a great job with the crappy conditions he had to deal with, weather, bad house wiring etc. They extended my promo rate for another 6 months. (Columbus 43209)

update 11/9/13
Due to a large price increase we dropped uverse and switched to wow. They tried dropping me from u300 to u200 and lowering the internet speed and the retention rep still wanted $15 more per month and wanted me to agree to a 1 year contract. It seems the reps don't even try until you say the word "cancel". We did not have any issues with the service other than price increases.

Comments:

Review by uberroot See Profile

• Location: Saratoga,Santa Clara,CA
Good "Quite reliable and stable, reasonably priced..compared to comcast"
Bad "Upload is really slow, no ADSL2+, nothing faster than 18/1.5"
Overall "Need more options/Fiber/self install"

Moved here in August and had issues with co-ax wiring in the house so ditched comcast and moved to Uverse which was available in the area. Price is lower than comparable comcast product. Install took longer than i needed.. it took me 10 days to get online, since ATT insists on technician install. This is really inconvenient since i use voip for phone service.

1.5 mbps is upload is okay for browsing and working but not for photo/video upload, it takes for ever to upload a bunch of photos from a trip to flickr.

Comments:

Review by shamelin See Profile

• Location: Naperville,Du Page,IL
Good "Very pleased. "
Overall "great service for the price."

U300 with the MaxPlus internet.
The door to door sale person was nice as it was new to the area. It was not available at the time I moved in.
the GW is a 3801HGV - 2Wire and the DVR is the Cisco ISB7500

Install was quick ran new cat5 to the living room from the NID. I did have to have a service call to clean up the line after a couple weeks. Service is great and no down time other then the repair today.

Comments:

Rusty

What a Joke

I call ATT about internet and they ask what will I be using the internet for. I inform them basic email and Netflix including 3d. They tell me 6mbs speed will work just fine for this, so I get it upgraded. Tech shows up and makes proper adjustments but 3d not working. He informed me I needed at least 12mbs to make this work. Lie after lie and when I call about a problem with my internet never working, I end up speaking to people in India or the Philippians who I cant understand. I made a huge mistake choosing ATT and will rectify the problem soon. If you want internet that actually works and you want to get the speed you pay for, DO NOT CHOOSE ATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review by gagem44 See Profile

• Location: Howell,Livingston,MI
Good "Ha what a joke nothing."
Bad "Everything, literally everything."
Overall "This service is the purest forum of cancer."

> If you like gaming stay away.

> If you like T.V. stay away.

> If you like home phones stay away.

Problem 1. with AT&T U-Verse is their "Dynamic IPs" Which are anything but they're practically Static; the reason this is a problem is because if you game a lot, then I hope you don't like having internet 99.999999% of the time due to people ddosing other people. It's not rare at all to get ddosed; not even close. Once someone online decides to ddos you I hope you don't like anything digital or working for a matter of fact. Due to AT&T's Sticky Dynamic IP system your IP is as good as yours might as well not even buy a static IP; but back to what I was saying if you get ddosed then you T.V., Internet, and home phone will go down. Since the IP is practically static and will not change, there's nothing you can do about the attack your stuck without service until the attack subsides which the person attacking can do it for how ever long they want. So if you get attacked by a ddoser then you as good as Fu**ed

Problem 2. with AT&T U-Verse is the fact that you don't get what you pay for I paid for their 24Mbps and I'm hardly getting 15Mbps on a good day. Not to mention the ping is like over 100MS. Also they enjoy doing the bare minimal they broadcast 720p to you and slap the H.D. T.V. label on it. While other company's broadcast full 1080p without trouble AT&T can hardly get 720p without it constantly glitching and dropping.

Problem 3. with AT&T U-Verse is their customer service I've had countless people hang up on me, I wasn't even being rude or irate to them then have the ones that don't hang up tell me they don't know what's wrong with the service. Not to mention all 6 techs that came out didn't even know what ddos was. Like holy Sh*t you're a tech how do you not know basic networking?

Problem 4. Their modem/routers they don't save settings half the time...

Problem 5. Their T.V. service in general. The remote is like 5-10 seconds delayed reaction when controlling the T.V./T.V. box.

Problem 6. The bill literally changes monthly it ranges from like 180.00$-260.00$ it randomly goes up and down...

>>>>>>>> Wherever you get AT&T you probably get a cable company if you value your sanity go with them... It's to late for me. Can't stress this enough.

Before anyone questions how much I know about this I know AT&T is VDSL and not to expect much from it due to it's limitations but holy fu*k how shitty can you be?

Comments:

Thecomedian

join:2013-12-09

You pissed someone off.

There is the question on "how the attacker obtained your IP address again". The only way that would happen is if your name (or your known alias) is left somewhere with your IP address, such as a message board or game server, AND the attacker is on that same service and has it out for you. (Or one of your family members).

You might want to try a different approach and see what "triggers" the DDOS once you get a new IP, and perhaps being able to pinpoint the attacker. AT&T might be able to assist you with an IP change, but they aren't going to do it if you call once a month because the attacker found you again.

First, investigate HOW exactly they find you, through what service, before you ask for an IP change.

Re: You pissed someone off.

Multiple places, on a game server through steam, skype; anywhere truly. "AT&T might be able to assist you with an IP change" > When I read that I laughed and this would just keep happening it's not just one person. The fact the have to fight for an IP change is a tell tale sign of a shi**y ISP.

Howell, MI
Also you got most of that from this
»Re: Changing my IP. (Being DDOS'd)

Thecomedian

join:2013-12-09

Re: You pissed someone off.

Yes, I did. Just do a little research and be nice to people online, and I am sure the problem will fix itself. A simple reboot will give you a new ip.

Re: You pissed someone off.

Ha only if it were that easy. I thank you for at least trying to give me tips but I tried everything under the moon :P